Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Strap Those Boots Tight

Wow, no one is watching this show, huh?  

What gets me is how upset they get when a pair finds out they're not a match and they have to keep trying with other people.  They do know they're on a limited-time game show, right?  Find your match, win the money, and hook up with whomever you like afterwards.  Geez.

• Love 1

Im watching! And I am also well beyond Mt V's targeted audience range.

I gotta wonder when this crew is finally going to wake up and start planning strategically instead of randomly mixing up multiple couples every week. Time is running out. ..

• Love 1

I'm watching and I'm definitely not in the demographic. I didn't see that they were in San Juan until this week. I'm going for my first time ever next month and I hope they clean the sand before then! I'm rooting for them all to be miserable except for Ellie, whom I refer to as "Southern Snooki." I wish she could come down next month and pour shampoo into my hot tub (not innuendo).

• Love 2

Still love the show, but a bit disappointed in the cast this season, especially the dudes.  They're so emotional and needy.  Plus, not a lot of eye candy either.  Is it just me or are there an awful lot of short, scrawny guys?  No 6'2" blondes?  Damn, no perfect match for me then...

I like Ellie and although it's hard to understand her, it bugs that no one seems to dig her.  She seems much more fun than some of the other girls.  Basically, I don't like the extra girl thing, which leaves someone (often Ellie) always left out of the mix.

Can't believe that Jenny just announced to everyone that she blew Anthony.  Way to keep it classy, girl.

• Love 1

And adding - Jenny seems like a really nice girl, didn't they all say she was the kind you would take home to mom?  I just don't see that same girl as being the one to make that annoucment. Esp since I think that she and Laydon are one of the couples...

We clearly know that one of the couples that coupled the first time, and one (or was it two) of the couples that coupled the second time are matches.  If we eliminate all of those couples that coupled the 3rd time, we could pretty easily tease out one of two couples. So, if they did that, and set up the games so that these couples won, this would seem to not be that hard..

I think about this way too much!

• Love 1

This show is my guilty pleasure and I'm not even close to the demo.

My pet peeve is they haven't seemed to realize that if one guy matches both Christina and another girl, the 2 girls are probably similar. So whoever is left unmatched should be the "other". Do these goofs really think Christina and Ellie match the same guy?

• Love 2

They don't seem to be thinking about this strategically at all.

Edit: I didn't watch the first season. Did that group think any more about the game aspects, or was it also just a bunch of people hooking up on a tropical island?

Edited by ZootSuitWyatt

If you want to pretend this show is more highbrow than the trash it is, I highly recommend

areuthe.blogspot.com

Lots of math and logic along with the show!

ETA: I watched last year. They also had 1 couple that was a confirmed no match that were convinced it was true love. They got more pairs early so they seemed smarter. They probably weren't.

Edited by Amy Beth
  • Love 1

They don't seem to be thinking about this strategically at all.

Edit: I didn't watch the first season. Did that group think any more about the game aspects, or was it also just a bunch of people hooking up on a tropical island?

They gave it a half-hearted attempt but then their brains hurt and they gave up.

I like Ellie and although it's hard to understand her...

I still laugh remembering her proudly announcing the first night that she brought her diyo-doh.  I had no idea what she was referring to until she held it up.  

(And, BTW, TMI, Ellie.)

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 1

I really love Ellie. I want her to be my friend.

Layton is really creepy to me. I feel like every time he says something I'm like RED FLAG.

I feel like last season a lot of the matches were pretty obvious by now, but I'm not seeing who anyone's match is this time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

This show drives me nuts. Instead of doing stupid kissing games and parties. Everyone sit down and hash out their likes and dislikes. Do you want kids? How religious are you? What sort of home life did you grow up in? What do you think your dating flaws are? And make pairings based on that criteria. Bone who you want to bone when the show is over. Stop acting like a non-match is the end of the world. You are not forced into marriage at the end of the season. You don't even have to hook up when your taken away after a truth booth match. Idiots!

• Love 1

Why aren't more people watching this show??? I LOVE this show!! (And yes, I am way too old to be watching anything on MTV.)

I'm watching! I just have a lot of show which air Monday nights, so it takes me awhile to get through all of them (especially when Vanderpump Rules' new season premiered this week).

Why are these kids acting like they can't fuck after the show? Are they afraid the beer goggles will have worn off by that time? The ending shot with the new couple sooo far apart cracked me jump. This is serious, y'all!

• Love 2

Some of these people may come on the show to actually find love. There was a matched couple from last season who got married (or is getting married) and having a baby.

So I feel bad for Shelby, she is stuck in the honeymoon suite for several weeks with a guy who has no interest in her and now she can't make a connection with anyone and is missing out on the fun of being in the house.

I don't feel sorry for any of these people. They can make love connections after the show is over. Some people from the first season have. They free room and board with a bunch of attractive people and a chance to win a bunch of money. They could cry me a river. Get their minds together, figure out this game and get to know whoever when the show is over.

• Love 1