Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Mole

• Start Topic

I must be really out of it and I can't even blame it on the time change. I love thename "Jacob" but can't for the life of me figure out why it's funny as Holt's middle name. Help, someone.The show just keeps getting better and better.

Detective JAKE Peralta? Holt's middle name is the same as Jake's first.

• Love 1

I remember back in the late 80s/early 90s, some musician said during an interview that one of the silly things he liked to do was turn on Club MTV, mute his tv, put on something non-top 40 like Butthole Surfers, and watch everyone dance to different music. Kinda like that.

I used to do this with friends in the late 80s, and we'd use the Sugarcubes. I can't remember if we got the idea from a musician, but it kinda sounds like something Henry Rollins would have said. 

To stay on topic a little, I have to say that B99 is the best comedy on television. This episode was perfection, and I'm still constantly amazed that I like Andy Samberg now. I think Andre Braugher deserves a ton of the credit, but Samberg is genuinely good. Weird. 

I must be really out of it and I can't even blame it on the time change. I love thename "Jacob" but can't for the life of me figure out why it's funny as Holt's middle name. Help, someone.

The show just keeps getting better and better.

He shares the same name as Jacob "Jake" Peralta.

Detective JAKE Peralta? Holt's middle name is the same as Jake's first.

Ahhh yes. Thank you!  I could not for the life of me make that (now very obvious) connection.  I was thinking, wait is this a Lost reference?? 

At the risk of redundancy, this show really does keep getting better.  I honestly love every single character, and this is not something I can usually say about any TV show.

I must be really out of it and I can't even blame it on the time change. I love thename "Jacob" but can't for the life of me figure out why it's funny as Holt's middle name. Help, someone.

It's Peralta's first name, thus reinforcing the connection Jake feels for the Captain.

This is definitely one of my favorite shows. The writing, the delivery, best in show by far. When other shows that have been around for a while (ah hem, Modern Family) can't seem to find anything new, I know I can turn to B99 for a half hour of laughs. Every character is just quirky enough, but not over-done.  

• Love 1

Ahhh yes. Thank you!  I could not for the life of me make that (now very obvious) connection. 

Don't worry. It didn't click with me either, but NutmegsMom got it immediately. Fridge Brilliance; it was right in front of us all the time.

I cringed with Amy when her car was Jaked up with the hidden donut.

The solioquoy in the bar was priceless. It was indeed a Frank Pembleton monologue and placing it in a sitcom, and it worked.

• Love 1

Can an episode be epic if it's only 22 minutes long?  ITA, this episode was comedic perfection, and so brilliant with its character pairings and interactions.  This is why I heart this show.  So much!

I have to say, Gina is a tough nut, but even last season, I found she always exhibited enough humanity and concern for others that I've always liked her.  When Charles was on his pain pills last season and was dropping his truth bombs, he totally nailed her diagnosis: she's mean to cover up her own pain.  Plus, I really love the way she loves dance, and just doesn't give a shit that she's terrible at it.  We should all embrace our passions so fearlessly!  I agree she's better and more likable when she's toned down a bit, but I must admit, I really find her remarkably funny at times, and I think she can be as heartwarming as the rest of the characters.  More so, at times, because it's less expected of her.

• Love 3

I also didn't realize until now that his SO is Marc Evan Jackson, who plays Sparks Nevada on the Thrilling Adventure Hour. I find that incredibly awesome.

The first time he showed up, I was staring at the screen because I knew I recognized him from somewhere. And then he started talking and I just lit up and went, "Oh! He's... from Earth!" It's a very good thing I was alone at the time.

• Love 1