Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Back To The Future

Tori decides to purge a massive warehouse of belongings in order to provide for her family amidst financial turmoil. Meanwhile, an unexpected discovery prompts Tori to reach out to her ex-husband, Charlie; and Tori and Dean wrestle with their relationship as they contemplate a life-altering medical decision.

Not buying her excuse about their connection based on creating life. Isn't she mid 40s? How many more childbearing years does she thinks she has left? Tori wanted Dean to have a vasectomy because she knows he's going to continue cheating. Plus, if they get divorced, there's no way she wants him to have another family.

I don't think she feels sorry for anything she did to Charlie. She doesn't care about anyone except herself. Her friend hit the nail on the head about her mystery illnesses when she doesn't want to face reality and her attitude. What an exhausting person to be friends with. I couldn't do it.

Now, one thing I like about this show is how they address the fact they're doing a reality show. They look at the camera and break the fourth wall.

• Love 6

She said for the last six months they've dealt with Dean's issues, and now they'll deal with hers. Here's a thought - how about dealing with your kids' issues because those poor babies are going to have a boatload.

• Love 16

I think Tori's emotional attachment to her stuff is fair enough, and maybe growing up rich she had a lot of material things which she equates with love. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Regardless, her friends are not the right people to be helping her sort through it all, I think they are enabling her and/or afraid to push too hard to get rid of stuff she clearly doesn't need, like the preserved bouquet from her first wedding. She should hire a professional who is not emotionally involved. And who is getting paid by the hour so they can glance at their watch when she gets distracted by an old scrapbook or something.

That moment of drama when Tori was pouring her heart out to Dean about dealing with her storage stuff was kind of undercut by the fact that Dean had an iguana on his shoulder while he was trying to look all serious and concerned.

• Love 11

Words cannot even describe how messed up Tori is. I had no idea she had a facility of junk while she complains about money. She can't even see that is hoarding? What value can items have while they sit in a crate? Her friends have had to deal with a lot.

The whole vasectomy thing was so crazy. So they plan to keep their bond by having more babies? When do you stop and why can't you bond over your children you already had?. They actually made it sound like it would be just the two of them without the possibility of more babies? I can't even understand them. I never realized they were hiding this much crazy but it is all coming out now.

• Love 5

The whole time I was watching the vasectomy "drama", I kept thinking that Dean proclaims he's loves Tori so much, there wouldn't even be a period of decision. He'd just do it. She nearly died having Finn and wrecked her body, had complications due to having so many c-sections so close together, and would probably not do well with a hysterectomy. If I were Dean, I'd be, "Yes. I'll do it."  The excuse about it being on TV was just laughable. Dude, you've done show after show with your tasteless sex jokes and talks about bodily functions. You wouldn't even have to do it on camera. 

Also the whole business with staying connected through new babies? No! You cannot handle the four you have physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially.

As for the storage unit, she needs professional help. Mehran and Jess are only going to enable her to keep looking at stuff. 

• Love 5

The Lifetime schedule says this episode should be re-running right now, but instead they're airing Prison Wives or whatever. I had a family thing earlier but I was looking forward to jammies, pizza and this trash, not the Prison Wives trash (standards, I have them, who knew?).  I wonder if this is just a glitch or if the episode or ratings are so low that they've replaced the re-run with Prison Wives.

• Love 2

The entitlement of these two is crazy. Canceling with the ex-husband, wasting people's time in the storage facility and then canceling the vasectomy the morning of!! So rude, I can't believe they have any friends or business relationships.

• Love 9

Oh I didn't see the end, you mean Dean "pulled out" of the operation? Sorry couldn't help myself. And I bet urologists hear that joke all the time. Yes I totally agree it shows a lack of consideration for Tori since, as CodenameV pointed out, another pregnancy could be risky as could a hysterectomy. Not to mention she seems frail and unhealthy in general this past year.

• Love 7

I hate Tori Spelling & the emotional vacuum that she is.  There is hardly a moment that she isn't crying.  What a pathetic mess!  20 years worth of that much storage is a house bought & paid for, but what I find even more disturbing is she is hogging real estate in their home while Liam & Stella share a fucken bedroom!!  Get a grip, Tori, you are a HOARDER!!!

• Love 10

This, my fellow posters is what typical 'yes' men are, right down to that bitch psychologist Wexler. Sad pathetic people she calls 'friends' that go along with everything this entitled , selfish, ugly little bitch says or does. You know they can't stand her! Who could? Dean too. Cottling this guppy is just as sick as she is. Ugh, I can't stand her! That storage facility is just as INSANE as she is! To sit and spend their days analizing EVERY damn feeling she has is crazy! GOD! They just need to get on with LIFE. Forget the past, enjoy their beautiful children, move Ooon! GROW the hell UP!

Edited by kathybgd
  • Love 7

Dean is suddenly self aware about about showing too much on TV? Little late for that now.

Tori has 127 storage units. 127. She might as well have "hoarder" tattooed on her forehead. This woman is seriously fucked up, I'm really surprised she has all these friends, she must be exhausting to be around with her extreme neediness & crying. Her hair is a mess too, you could see all the broken pieces sticking up from all the overbleaching.

• Love 5

Lindsay Lohan had the same storage facility, I swear!! Someone needs to pour some gasoline and light a match to that mess. Seriously... she's a hoarder. Just because it's not in her living room, doesn't mean she's not a hoarder.

She will never get over herself. She just gets worse as time goes on because she refuses to admit there's anything wrong.

• Love 3

Also the whole business with staying connected through new babies? No! You cannot handle the four you have physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially.

Didn't stop him from cheating, did it? These two are completely batshit crazy. They will never split up, they are too addicted to creating drama in their lives. They wouldn't know what to do with normalcy if it bit them in the ass. It's no wonder mama Candy keeps her distance. She has her own issues as well but I applaud her for that.

Edited by demarti
  • Love 2

Oh what utter BULLSHIT how they spent a whole segment practically of her and her kiss ass little 'friend' on why she just needs to have her life exposed for all to see! She is totally reading ALL the forums and comments hatin on her! It won't ever stop her though. She is just plain horrid.

• Love 1

When they filmed this they didn't know it would run juxtaposed against her being in the hospital for over a week for ebola, I mean sinus infection and bronchitis, I mean the enterovirus, I mean exhaustion... That really makes people view the episode through the lens of Tori is totally mentally ill, self absorbed and not really interested in doing anything to get better. But she'll do anything for attention. Those poor, poor kids.

• Love 6

I can't believe I watch this crap. Tori desperately needs a job. I don't mean an acting job where everyone is blowing smoke up her ass and dressing her and doing her makeup. She could benefit from a normal every day 8 hour shift where she comes home too tired to sit around and analyze every little thing that happens in her life. Dean doesn't need a vasectomy, Tori would kill any man's urge to touch her at this point.

Is she trying to emulate Michael Jackson now? He had his oxygen chamber, elephant man bones and surgical masks, and those things kept his name in the tabloids. But Michael also had incredible talent and he was a mega superstar. I think he enjoyed yanking the media's chain just for the fun of it, but Tori is turning into a circus act trying to stay relevant. It's pathetic. I just feel so sorry for her poor children. How many times have we heard that she will be an incredible mother? Yea, right.

• Love 5

Wow. Tori is a straight up hoarder. I already knew about the storage units, but I didn't realize she was packing a bunch of crap into her house as well. So not only is she shelling out what is basically a mortgage for her storage unit, but she's also obviously just buying more and more stuff all the time. Did I see a walker in that mess???? That is insane. All the financial troubles they have, and they could cut their debt way down if she would A. Sell a lot of that stuff and B. lose the storage payment. Forget the damn cheating crap, get this woman some help with the hoarding. Bring in a professional, not her two well-meaning, but unqualified friends. I love Mehran, because he always tells it like it is. But that attitude doesn't always work with someone in her situation. She needs someone who can be objective. I'm sick of her always surrounding herself with friends. Even her therapist is her friend. She needs someone who isn't going to continue to let her play the perpetual victim, but is also not going to get frustrated because they've been dealing with her shit for years. 

Now the vasectomy. Don't even get me started. I truly hope that little pregnancy scare was all a ruse. Because there is no way in the seven hells that woman should even POSSIBLY be pregnant right now. Forget the fact that she almost died last time, but her marriage is so dysfunctional right now. The other kids are clearly suffering, don't put that shit on another one. 

Actually, I think it's the shaky marriage itself that's causing both of them to decide against the vasectomy at this time. For crazy Tori - she doesn't want to get rid of the ability to tie Dean to her even more. And I bet her paranoid ass would think if he had a vasectomy he'd feel more free about sticking his dick in every woman that talked to him. And for Dean, I think he sees that his marriage might not last. What if he ends up with another, younger woman? And she wants kids? What if he still wants to spread his seed? They're both so dysfunctional, there could be a myriad of crazy reasons. 

But, hey, a vasectomy is super permanent. I get that it's not for everybody. We decided 3 years ago we were done having kids, but Mr. Ghoulina didn't want to get snipped and I don't want to get my tubes tied. So I have an IUD. I just hope they're going that route. I do NOT want to hear about another Spelling baby on the way. 

And how convenient that Tori decides to talk to Charlie NOW - when her marriage is on the rocks and the cameras are rolling. She's a real piece of work.

• Love 6

I have so much I want to bitch about but I can't compose a coherent thought, I can't understand these two & maybe that is a good thing.

One thing I absolutely cannot stand is the way Tori's fingers go up to dab her eyes when she cries.  As often as tears are flowing she should always have tissue handy.  Seriously? What didn't she cry about this episode?

• Love 5

Anyone else here old enough to remember The Real World - Los Angeles? Remember in the opening credits, Jon the virgin country singer got the "True Story" part of the standard Real World opening lines. When I see True Tori I hear it sung in Jon's voice. Which doesn't help.

So not even pretending that Dean is a part of the story (i'ts just True Tori, no Dean or kids in the title), he's just a prop in her fairy tale soul mate story. Any guy who flattered her would have done. I don't believe in soul mates, but I would think that if one does, when they show up they aren't about to be deployed, or run off to work with doctors without borders, etc. Or they aren't, you know, married with kids. If there is some predestined relationship, that person should show up ready to be in a relationship. But of course, these two aren't soul mates.  Something else a good therapist would work on.

• Love 7

Did I see a walker in that mess???

No, it was one of those toilets that elderly people use when they can't get to the bathroom. It's usually parked beside their bed, and wheeled into the bathroom for cleaning once it's been used. Usually by the caregiver. I can only imagine.....

• Love 2

Tori is a horrible horrible person. Narcissist, hoarder, liar. She is so completely useless. It seems like her friends can't stand her, and who can blame them. She really put me over the edge last night. I am actually feeling sorry for Dean. She is disgusting and if I had to live with her?! Oh my god, no wonder he cheated. This is what she has driven me to. I actually understand why he cheated and I don't think it's horrible. 

She is the classic hoarder. Has to touch and look at every single thing she has. Getting mad at other people for pushing her to throw things away. That storage facility was terrifying. Who the hell has that much crap? She's a "collector"?! What a bunch of bullshit.

And the whole connection / babies thing? She is so mentally ill it's frightening. 

Just - Oh.My.God.

• Love 13

The other thing I keep noticing is that the few times they show the kids they show the younger ones the most.  I can't tell if Liam and Stella are avoiding the cameras (which frankly makes sense to me), or if not seeing them much reflects on how much this is all affecting them.  Liam is not the same boy he used to be...he used to be so happy and joyful and funny.  He would get so much good attention and they would do fun things with him.  Now he is like an accessory that has been outgrown.  

• Love 7
No, it was one of those toilets that elderly people use when they can't get to the bathroom. It's usually parked beside their bed, and wheeled into the bathroom for cleaning once it's been used. Usually by the caregiver. I can only imagine.....

Oh. My. Gosh. 

I can just see Tori curled up in bed with one of her migraines, making Dean clean her portable chamber pot. 

• Love 5

I am willing to bet that is why we have all these new friends (Jess, Wolf, Courtney) instead of the old ones, she drove the rest of them away with her constant neediness.  The Guncles quit having time for it once they started their own family.  Who has time to baby & nurture Tori when you have an actual baby that needs those things.  I just wish when she would ask these people if she was wrong (like last week when Dean was trying to comfort her over Mystery Girls & Jess told her she wasn't wrong in how she treated him) they would tell her: YES! You are wrong! You say you don't like compassion, yet you practically demand it.  Dean will never win because you keep changing the rules on him.  But of course they won't because they are all there to blow smoke up her ass & tell her how wonderful she is

• Love 6

Just the look of doom that Tori gives Jess or any friend when they call her out on her hoarding, it's enough to scare me away. Imagine what she says and does when the cameras are off?

Liam is holding his head down. He did that a lot during the fishing segment. Stella just wanted to catch a fish, poor baby. I wish someone would intervene on behalf of these kids. Much like the Honey Boo Boo family, kids don't get to choose their parents.

Every time they are arguing in the kitchen and the camera pans to one of the kids standing there right in the middle of it listening to their bullshit it just breaks my heart. My parents never argued or talked about money in front of the kids, they did it in private. Children should NEVER have to be subjected to that. It really fucks their fragile little minds up.

• Love 3

Every time they are arguing in the kitchen and the camera pans to one of the kids standing there right in the middle of it listening to their bullshit it just breaks my heart. My parents never argued or talked about money in front of the kids, they did it in private. Children should NEVER have to be subjected to that. It really fucks their fragile little minds up.

So very true. I remember every argument my parents ever had when I was growing up. Every word. Even those when I was 3 or 4 years old. It stays with you forever.

• Love 3

I have nothing to base this on, but my unknowing opinion is that there never was a vasectomy scheduled. It was all for the cameras, even talking about not wanting cameras. They have to have a dramatic storyline where they can talk about their once was & hopes to be again true lurve. I find it ridiculous that either one of them would consider having another child after Tori had such a horrible time with Finn. Idiots. Yes you make pretty babies, but if you keep making them who will take care of them when mama dies & how will you support the family? Again, idiots. I guess it could be reality show #448, Deano searching for love after loss. And I just got sick to my stomach imagining that!

Ugh the hoarding. Makes me miss Matt on Hoarders. Yes Tori has a problem. Without her money I wonder if she'd be a classic hoarder living in a hollow in her mountain of junk? The sheer volume of her storage is overwhelming to me. I verge on OCD about clutter & have trouble breathing when I'm surrounded by it. Didn't she say her mom had a lot more units? Good grief! That family is frelled.

Edited by ramble
  • Love 4

It's interesting to see Tori's storage locker. It's a goddamned mess just like she is. I remember on Candy's HGTV special about selling the manor and her storage facility was well organized and immaculate. Basically even if you have a lot of shit, it doesn't mean you have to be an utter mess.

• Love 2

Candy showed us her storage units when she moved from The Manor. It was the same stuff that us regular folk have in our attics and garages, like Christmas decorations, etc., but just a helluva lot more of it. She cheerfully said how she gets a lot of it from places like Big Lots.

• Love 2

Every time I watch this debacle I realize just a little bit more why Mama Candy keeps her distance and lets these bozos sink or swim.  

Dear gawd, they're both just complete dysfunctional messes.

Then I remember these are two self-absorbed, self-important, cheating pigs who each actually got precisely what they wanted.

Each other.

And I laugh and laugh.  

"Be careful what you wish for" indeed.  

• Love 11

How much does a storage unit (I mean warehouse) cost? I can't believed this bitch. It really didn't look like much art work or valuables from what I saw. Things I couldn't afford after six years in my 30 dollar per month unit. I saw stuffed animals, a few chairs, the portable toilet etc. Just useless stuff that really you are just wasting your money on each month because you never ever end up going through even the smallest storage unit unless it's just to hold your things until you get into a place or something. Usually these storage places are out of the way located in industrial wastelands that you really don't want to visit. She is SICK and needs serious attention that that kiss ass therapist can't give. Also, I hate being so shallow and bringing it up, but when she was on her bed talking of some horrible crisis, I never saw a more homely human being. She is sickly homely! It's tragic!

• Love 2

So I missed about the first half hour of this ep.  I came in when she was boo hoo'ing on the bed about her migrane and how she was supposed to meet Charlie. She must fake being sick A LOT since she was worried that he would think she was lying.  Why is he even agreeing to meet with her anyway?  In the True Confessions, she said she had her therapist help break the news that she wanted a divorce and really hadn't talked to him or seen him since.  I would tell her to fuck off and die. The money they are paying him (I assume they are paying him) can't be worth whatever she has to say to him.  Not even I'm sorry, because it is WAY too late for that.

Anyway, I am baffled as to why she wants more kids with Dean.  Didn't she almost die with Finn, and Finn almost died too?  So they bond over having kids together? Just babies though, apparently, because there are 4 that are growing up and she is barely taking care of them. 

Hey Tori, what he does with you, he'll do TO you.  No matter how many kids you pop out. 

I think she really made a mistake making this show (and Season 1).  Those other Tori & Dean shows were cute, but this show just is bringing out who she really is, and I hate to say it, she is not a likeable person (IMO, of course, but other comments I have read seems others feel the same).

• Love 3

Is it possible that Tori had that portable toilet from when she was pregnant with Finn and after delivering him?  I could understand that, since she was on bed rest and then had problems afterward but there is certainly no reason to keep it now.

I loathe to defend Dean but I do agree that Tori was in the wrong the way she jumped all over him last week when he tried to console her over Mystery Girls.  She can't continue to punish him indefinitely (or she shouldn't).

I wanted to jump through my tv and bitchslap Dr. Wexler.  Don't tell Tori that she should apologize to Charlie when you enabled her by telling Charlie their marriage was over in your office. 

I am just stymied that Tori has been in therapy for 20 or so odd years and she still has so many issues.  She clearly needs a therapist who isn't being her friend and someone that will call her out on her b.s.  By the signs of the storage unit, she has some very deep seated issues that have nothing to do with Dean and his straying.  She also appears to have serious self-esteem issues that I would guess she has suffered with for years. 

It's sad that the only time Tori seemed relatively healthy to me was when she was filming her So NoTORIous show, which I believe is when she was dating Charlie.  He probably was very good to her and for her and she ruiined that for someone as equally damaged and dysfunctional as she was/is.

• Love 6

All these two are missing are 39 cats, these two are BOTH full blown bat shit crazy lunatics....ok must go see if I can have myself admitted to the hospital as this episode has brought on a 'migraine'...a migraine a la Tori not a legitimate by the book migraine.

• Love 4

The "I don't want to be Spencer Pratt" conversation made me laugh out loud. They really have lost all self-awareness if they think they have kept their reality show classier than the Spencer & Heidi debacle. Yeah, Tori & Dean aren't televising surgeries but at least Spencer & Heidi didn't have any kids that they were exploiting for their own fame addiction.

It was also very telling/disturbing that Tori (and her friends) admitted that she's incapable of living a life out of the public eye. 

• Love 3

Ok, many of us have an area that we set stuff in for dealing with later, whether that be a catch-all junk drawer, the garage , basket of papers and so forth. Tori's is on a grand scale, granted she's been busy raising 5 , I mean, 4 kids , moving 35 -57 times ( lost count) in the last 8 years, work , and the exhausting daily act of having sex with Dean, (or fending him off . . ) anyway, I'll allow that she's busy. Bring a group of friends along to go through it? When it's established that much of it is sentimental and important to her for her own reasons only ? Ya know, some tasks are best tackled solo or perhaps one with one close confidant, whose time I would be considerate of , as in, not wasting. Now what I don't get, is that she's been in therapy with the pandering Dr.Wexler for at least 8 years (Dr wexler so eloquently mediating in her break-up with Charlie) yet, Torii has all this "baggage" - unresolved , long standing issues - never before dealt with - something about it's time now to focus on her. Puleeze!

• Love 2

For whatever reason, Tori needs to live a chaotic life, so she chooses the worst partners ever. Charlie was a nice guy which wasn't good enough for her. The reasons she dumped him as she laid out in her book were complete BS and, to me, amounted to "ew he was boring!"

During the old days of Loveline, Dr. Drew (before he became an asshole) used to tell the clearly damaged people who called in with relationship problems to never choose people that they are intensely attracted to because their radar is completely fucked up and the person they want is usually bad news. Instead, go for people that they might feel aren't as exciting as they would like them to be as that would provide a more stable relationship.

I think about this everytime she talks about Charlie.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 4

Is it possible that Tori had that portable toilet from when she was pregnant with Finn and after delivering him? I could understand that, since she was on bed rest and then had problems afterward but there is certainly no reason to keep it now.

If I remember it right, that's in her house, isn't it? And they've only lived there a year or so. Then again, she probably carries it around wherever they go.

Tori is a horrible horrible person. Narcissist, hoarder, liar. She is so completely useless. It seems like her friends can't stand her, and who can blame them. She really put me over the edge last night. I am actually feeling sorry for Dean. She is disgusting and if I had to live with her?! Oh my god, no wonder he cheated. This is what she has driven me to. I actually understand why he cheated and I don't think it's horrible.

I understand why he cheated too. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even have sex with Emily Goodhand and they just hung out in their underwear watching TV, talking (NOT about all of their issues or their "fairy tale"), eating pizza, and drinking beer. Lord knows he can never just hang out and relax like that with Tori. If they did have sex, I can imagine that it would be nice to do it with someone who wasn't sobbing, asking whether she looks fat a million times, having anxiety attacks, and bitching the entire time. Tori is EXHAUSTING. I actually laugh a lot watching this show. Dean is just enough of a sleazebag that I don't feel sorry for him being stuck in this unending nightmare when all he wanted was the fairy tale of a rich wife who could buy him a successful Hollywood career and ensure that he lived in luxury for the rest of his days. Karma is a bitch.

I have nothing to base this on, but my unknowing opinion is that there never was a vasectomy scheduled. It was all for the cameras, even talking about not wanting cameras. They have to have a dramatic storyline where they can talk about their once was & hopes to be again true lurve. I find it ridiculous that either one of them would consider having another child after Tori had such a horrible time with Finn. Idiots. Yes you make pretty babies, but if you keep making them who will take care of them when mama dies & how will you support the family? Again, idiots. I guess it could be reality show #448, Deano searching for love after loss. And I just got sick to my stomach imagining that!

I could see how Dean could think that Tori dying in childbirth might not be such a bad deal. How else is he going to get out of this situation? Tori probably has life insurance and Candy would probably pony up something to keep the kids in a comfortable lifestyle (and make sure Dean would still let her see them). He'd be a semi-wealthy bachelor father and Tori's death could go a long way toward helping him revamp his image and wash the stink of infidelity, addiction, and this show off of him. Just saying.

I imagine Candy's storage units probably contain works of art, statues, furniture, etc. Not the shit Tori is hanging onto.

Candy can afford to pay for her storage units and all the shit in them, so it doesn't really matter what she's keeping in there. And Candy's not doing a reality show featuring her making her kids share bedrooms so she can have a room to dump more shit into and sobbing over how she has no money, yet she can't part with the crap she's had in storage for over 20 years. I've been Team Candy in the (mostly one-sided) Tori v. Candy battle for years, but this show has solidified that more than ever. It's clear that Candy has her own issues and I'm sure she was a less-than-perfect mom in many ways, but Tori is a fucking loon and basically impossible to get along with unless you're kissing her ass every second of every day (and even that isn't enough).

• Love 11
I am just stymied that Tori has been in therapy for 20 or so odd years and she still has so many issues.  She clearly needs a therapist who isn't being her friend and someone that will call her out on her b.s

This really is the crux of the issue. She has made zero progress as far as I can see. I don't know how Dr. Wexler is with other patients, but she is not a good therapist to Tori. 

• Love 1

I tend to talk out loud to the TV when I'm sick (and I'm beginning to think maybe I have somehow inexplicably contracted Ebola because I feel like I'd have to get better to die but I digress....)

TORI:  "...to physically and mentally prepare me for you."

ME:  "Bitch, please, you're neither physically nor mentally prepared to choose a color of nail polish.  Get outta here with that shit."

Ugh, Tori...exhausting doesn't even begin to describe this loony tune bitch.

• Love 6

I forgot to comment on this from last week but these idiots had to let us know they had sex 16 days in a row... now, let me preface this by saying Tori & I are in the same age range, I am a year older than she is, & I have one son who is 20 & away in college.  I do not have 4 young children who require endless amounts of attention (most young children do).  And I adore my hubby but I don't want to have sex with anyone 16 days in a row. 

Also the pill used to give me the most god-awful migraines.  I wonder if it could contributing to Tori's health issues, if they are in fact actual issues

• Love 4