Type keyword(s) to search

AHS Wish List: What Is Your Dream Season?

• Start Topic

I wanted a season with alien monsters terrorizing a small town but "Stranger Things" already did that.

Actually, I can see "Stranger Things" as a season of AHS. Just have Sarah Paulson playing the mom instead of Winona Ryder, Wes Bentley as the sheriff, and Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga as Jonathan and Nancy the teenage couple, and it will be a pretty good season.

Edited by Mattipoo

I would like a season without Sarah Paulson but thats not going to happen. So I want her to be really evil for once. No crying, screaming, being tortured let her be the one doing it for a change. If she does cry I want her to be putting on an act. Let the characters have to take her down for once.

Now that Scream Queens is cancelled I don't want Emma Roberts back.  If so let it be small like in Cult. 

I would not mind going to back to Season 1 again.  Not for a whole season but a few episodes. I'd like a but of a time jump and maybe a supernatural reason he grew up fast so Evan could play Michael Langdon the evil baby Tate spawned. 

A cruise ship would be a good setting.

I would love one about history. Would love one story to be about the Donner Party. Flashbacks to a a couple of children who had to survive by eating the rest of their family and they are rescued. Then in modern time the story would be about a person related to this family having cannibalistic urges and visions.

• Love 2

I would love one to be set deep in American history like expand on the ghost murder people in Roanoke Nightmare. Maybe a murder horror story taking place during the American Revolution that effects Washington or one of his people on the eve of him giving Washington an important piece of intelligence.   Something like that.  

Actually a story set in the late 1970s/early 1980s could embrace the Satanic Panic that went on during that time and hit the ""Kids playing D&D in the tunnels go crazy trope... and the whole molestation/murdering babies in front of toddlers stuff....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I would like to see a true horror season , without the camp, and no gratuitous violence  or sex. For some reason Satanism has always scared me, so it would be an interesting topic if they could resist being corny. 

Ok I got an idea. Like most seasons this idea would deal with present time and past time. I like the idea of a real literal Satan on earth in charming human form. Now whether someone believes in God and Satan or not we can all agree it is at least a story in a book at the least. I have always been fascinated with the idea of why God threw Satan out of heaven or whatever place it was. I mean always wondered why the only reason you get is that he rebelled.  A possible depictions and interpretation of this could be shown but it would have to be done in just the right way. And not sure exactly how they could go about it. For example the concept of God should not be shown visually in anyway but just as a voice speaking Latin. Satan and the other angels should obviously not be shown cheesy looking with wings but maybe more like very beautiful human creatures but a little transparent seeming because they are not human. Not sure either about how they would depict clothes. Not sure either how they would depict the concept of heaven but obviously don't make it cheesy maybe it's just like everything is in a complete fog. These would all be things that would have to be handled right to not look stupid. We could see a physical depiction of Satan's experience of being banished from that land and the anguish of moving into a hellish land and his physical form transforming into something ugly and monstrous. The main story would be in present time with Satan on earth looking like he did as an angel but human. Not sure what is role could be on earth. The idea of Satan in human form on earth as a powerful politician while obvious and ideal is too similar to this season with the character of kai into politics.

18 minutes ago, Stringey said:

I like the idea of a real literal Satan on earth in charming human form.

It sounds like you're describing the premise of Lucifer on Fox, although I've only seen the first season, so I don't know where they've taken the story (the third season started about a month ago).

29 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It sounds like you're describing the premise of Lucifer on Fox, although I've only seen the first season, so I don't know where they've taken the story (the third season started about a month ago).

The version in am talking about would not be funny and light hearted like the show Lucifer. The version of Satan I am talking about would look beautiful and human but would be down right dangerous and scary. He would not be  cutesy like Lucifer in that show.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Stringey said:

The version in am talking about would not be funny and light hearted like the show Lucifer. The version of Satan I am talking about would look beautiful and human but would be down right dangerous and scary. He would not be  cutesy like Lucifer in that show.

The tone of Lucifer varied. At times the title character would be dangerous and scary, and would show his demon face when he wanted to scare the s#!t out of someone, possibly before killing them, but sometimes as a warning. But yeah, since it's structured as a police procedural that was not the norm. You'd need some comic relief in what you're describing, so it's something of a reversal (dark vs light) of the same premise.

Anne Rice wrote a novel a while back, The Witching Hour, which centered on a family of witches, focusing on one generation at a time.  It started in Scotland (I believe, it's been a while since I read it), went through England, to the Caribbean winding up in The Big Easy, spanning over 10 generations.  I know Murphy and Co already had a vampire season, but what about a werewolf season?  Using Rice's model, a family of werewolves, focusing on a different generation every week.  I know it's American Horror Story and not European Horror Story, but it could start in Maine in the 1600's and progress from there.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The tone of Lucifer varied. At times the title character would be dangerous and scary, and would show his demon face when he wanted to scare the s#!t out of someone, possibly before killing them, but sometimes as a warning. But yeah, since it's structured as a police procedural that was not the norm. You'd need some comic relief in what you're describing, so it's something of a reversal (dark vs light) of the same premise.

I am not a watcher of Lucifer but I think I saw the first episode. Yes he has evil powers but he is not portrayed as scary or evil in the way I am thinking. I mean okay yes by definition the character of Lucifer in that show is evil but he is not scary to watch.

I would love a season that takes place in the 1920's. It could revolve around the owner of a speakeasy that maybe also had an illegal gambling ring and how he and his customers interact with law enforcement (not well). Then there is a serial killer that seems to have ties to the speakeasy somehow because people who visit it seem to be disappearing or dying.  The owner thinks the cops are doing it; the cops think it is the owner.  

• Love 1

The whole concept of the devil and Satanism is scary. I like the idea of a bunch of high profile and important people being Satanists. These would be people who have done a lot of important and good things in society and yet are secretly banded together in their common goal to promote and worship Satan. 

• Love 1

They've done most of the ideas that I originally wanted back when this was a hot topic after season two. I remember suggesting American Horror Story: Plantation and Coven basically gave us a version of that. I wanted American Horror Story: Carnivale and we got Freak Show.  I wanted American Horror Story: Cult but I wanted it to be set in the 70s. 

In terms of stuff that they haven't done that I've long wanted to see. I think American Horror Story: Summer Camp could be fun. Ryan Murphy's version of a Sleepaway Camp, Slasher, Friday the 13th mashup seems like it could be pretty entertaining.

American Horror Story: The Prairie. The Donner Party, Tremors, ghost towns, a haunted brothel, etc. 

American Horror Story: Shipwreck. It starts out as a luxurious cruise and then there's some sort of mechanical issue on top of a hurricane or tsunami or whatever. On half of the season takes place on the ship where bad stuff happens, have the people in shark infested waters, and then have the survivors marooned on an island until help finally comes. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

American Horror Story: Shipwreck. It starts out as a luxurious cruise and then there's some sort of mechanical issue on top of a hurricane or tsunami or whatever. On half of the season takes place on the ship where bad stuff happens, have the people in shark infested waters, and then have the survivors marooned on an island until help finally comes. 

I like the idea of a slasher where there is literally nowhere to run.    The problem with a Murder House is that there is always that question of why didn't they just leave that some people just can't get past but on a haunted ship or an island there is a legit reason for the dig your heals into the dirt and fight.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

So I mentioned we need a season that is connected with Satanism and the devil. Well I was watching something on the history channel about Satanism and they were talking about a secret society from the 18th century I believe called the hell fire club. This was a organization that had its activities literally underground in caves and dungeons. These people were often the elite that were rumored to worship satan and they supposedly had orgies. There were rumors of sacrifices.  The fact that the people in this secret society were the elite makes it creepier. Who knows for sure though if they really were satanic or just into kinky sex and extreme drinking but the basis makes for a good story of being connected to Satanism. I would love a season about Satanism taking place in present day but with connections to this group from long ago.

My daughter and I have been hoping that AHS will do an Orphanage season....we think it could easily tie into the whole story line of AHS and leave you with a bone chilling sense of...WTF just happened...as they always do us......im forever hooked

My hopes:

1. I would love to see a more sci fit aspect and maybe tackle something like Cloverfield/Gov’t conspiracy related subject.

2. AHS: Summer Camp...like a love letter to those 80’s. Horror movies.

3. Or go full zombies/virus outbreak ala 28 days later.

And bring back the all stars Jessica, Taissa, Lily, Angela, Evan, Kathy, Denis O’Hare, and Cody.

• Love 1

Loving all the ideas on this.

I was trying to think of something a bit different taking inspiration from Ghost Ship. Set in the Bermuda Triangle. Can incorporate Paranormal Activity, Extra Terrestrial, Possession, Ghosts, Cannibalism the possibilities are endless - AHS - Devils Triangle 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2017 at 12:56 PM, ShadowHunter said:

I would like a season without Sarah Paulson but thats not going to happen. So I want her to be really evil for once. No crying, screaming, being tortured let her be the one doing it for a change. If she does cry I want her to be putting on an act. Let the characters have to take her down for once.

Now that Scream Queens is cancelled I don't want Emma Roberts back.  If so let it be small like in Cult. 

I would not mind going to back to Season 1 again.  Not for a whole season but a few episodes. I'd like a but of a time jump and maybe a supernatural reason he grew up fast so Evan could play Michael Langdon the evil baby Tate spawned. 

A cruise ship would be a good setting.

You got your wish...no Sarah Paulson this season!

• Love 1

I would like a season set in Maine- Arkam University. Go full on Cthulhu. Set it in the 20s, because they had great outfits back then. John Carroll Lynch is the knowledgeable professor with the answers. Lily Rabe is an investigator. Dennis O'Hare is working with her- the more he learns, the more insane he becomes. Episode one- there is a body- Emma Roberts' body. She's been mauled- why? (Because fan service to those who want to see her gone) Episode 2- another body this time it's a male. What are the connections between the 2? Episode 3- explore the connections- make it something bad. Episode 4- more into the bad- another body. The connection into the bad was a journal that talks about something horrific they saw. Episode 5- The knowledgeable professor gets involved. Episode 6- The knowledgeable professor is involved but this time you meet the secret society he's in and learn a bit more of the sacrifices they are making to whatever they are sacrificing to. Episode 7- Lily Rabe learns too much. Episode 8- Dennis O'Hare is almost full on crazy as Lily Rabe is the next Victim. Episode 9- Do the Ancient Ones arise or not? Episode 10- dealing with the fallout and admitting Dennis O'Hare into the Asylum.

Add in a few more characters and more deaths, obviously. In addition to the 3 characters I mentioned and the dead people- the show would need a doctor, a parapsychologist, a soldier from WW1 that is barely holding it together in the first place. Maybe a reporter who is trying to force answers or who is a society member who is giving false answers. And the town is full of society members who are actually minions of the old ones who give false info.

• Love 3

I'm hoping that my wish for a AHS: Shipwreck is finally going to happen based on the little hints that we've had from Ryan Murphy. Looking back on this thread (started in 2014!?! wow, time flies!) a lot of the ideas that we've all hoped for have ended up happening, so maybe we'll be right about another one. 

I think there's so much that can be done with the ocean theme. You could start with a cruise ship horror show, complete with the obligatory serial killer on board. Maybe a spouse is framed for making their spouse disappear only it's really the work of a serial killer. Or maybe there could be an outbreak of a virus. (I can't decide if people would be more or less interested in a virus story due to Covid.) Then you have have the ship capsize and everyone has to scramble to get off. Then you have shark infested waters. After an episode of that, you have the survivors end up on an island that may or may not be inhabited by cannibals. Lots of potential for ideas. 

I also still like the idea of a story that's mostly set in space. Maybe have a Big Bad that's kind of like the Thing and can take on the appearance of anyone on board. Or maybe something that's set on Earth but has the extraterrestrial theme. AHS: Invasion. You can link the story with the aliens in Aslyum but also have flashbacks to stuff like Roswell. Pay homage to films like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, War of the Worlds, and Independence Day.

Upthread someone suggested the idea of a werewolf theme. I think this could be fun set in the 1970s or maybe even the 1990s. (I'm guessing he won't want to go back to the 1980s so soon after 1984.) AHS: Full Moon. Pay homage not just to past werewolf movies like An American Werewolf in London or Silver Bullet, but maybe movies like The Lost Boys, Salem's Lot and E.T. Get the suburban or small town vibe that you get from Stranger Things only have the action center around werewolves. 

As much as I'd like to see a Puritan/Crucible sort of story a la The Witch, I can't see Ryan Murphy doing a pre-20th century project. He relies heavily on modern music for every single project (by modern I mean anything 1960s and beyond) so I can't see him really straying from that. He'll touch on pre-1950s periods but only in a limited context. 

• Love 1