Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Swanson's Fish Market

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'm not sure from that comment if you're suggesting that people involved with Swanson's are planning to sue other people involved with the business, or that the Swansons crew is planning to sue random people on the Internet who commented on the show. Either way, I hope a good attorney explains the elements of a defamation/libel claim to them, because someone speculating on the family's propensity for insurance claims, which the family aired on national TV won't get you there.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 2

It was odd that he even wrote to Marcus for help.  Didn't he know that his financials would be questioned?  The show must make the owners sign a disclosure agreement or something. What a mess.

• Love 1

It was odd that he even wrote to Marcus for help.  Didn't he know that his financials would be questioned?  The show must make the owners sign a disclosure agreement or something. What a mess.

I believe the daughter wrote to Marcus after the mom "quit" and the daughter was left to sink or swim on her own.  Who know what she said to her parents to get them to agree to have Marcus come in.

• Love 1
(edited)

Lola: I am happy that you don't have a life and can do research while studying for your college degree. It is more useful than someone who spends their time filing insurance claims, dogging vendors, blaming others, and leasing luxury cars that they cannot afford. It is far better than seeing someone who allows their daughter to solicit an investor and to display their lack of insight on a reality show for all to see.

Larissa: Most successful business owners have a grasp on when vendors want to be paid. Some vendors are C.O.D. In that case, it is customary to have a check or cash on hand to pay for a scheduled delivery. Most business owners would be mortified upon learning that their employee reached into their own pocket to pay a vendor. No one cares how your parents spend their money. We care about how much their irresponsible behavior is costing the rest of us. I suspect that Marcus Lemonis choose Swanson's Fish Market because you pulled on his heartstrings as their daughter. Stop making excuses and show some gratitude. And whatever you do, don't become a signer on the bank account unless you want to be responsible for the payroll taxes. 

On a side note, I foolishly purchased an old beater from my neighbor for $300 when times were lean. It made a horrific noise when I pulled into the parking lot at work so I could never sneak in a few minutes late. It was the only car that I owned that ever appreciated. I sold it for $800. Gee, if only I had gone into a BMW dealer and explained that I had cash flow issues I too, could have gotten a beautiful car and would have been late to work on a regular basis. Instead, I bought a car for the fraction of a monthly lease payment. What was I thinking?

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 1

THIS STORY REALLY NEEDS TO BE UPDATED -OR- at least REVIEWED since new information has come to our (readers) attention. While I DO AGREE that "daddy" AND "skank-mom" appear to be QUESTIONABLE AT BEST I DO think LARISSA IS ON THE 'UP AND UP. BAD HUMOR FOLLOWS: ------> She's surely an attractive FANTASY in my 'spank bank' of nasties! See..... I tok ya it's BAD HUMOR and this is the last! LINK TO LARISSA'S LETTER IS BELOW

LARISSA wrote a LONG letter explaining what she says actually took place. True or NOT - I gave her the courtesy of reading the details she presented. She also included photocopies of documents that SUPPOSEDLY PROVE there was (is) far more to this than we saw in the episode. Take a gander at the letter via the link follows at the BOTTOM (scroll away).

http://www.swansonsfishmarket.com/#!the-profit--please-read/c24el

OOPS........... I meant to post a TEASER BIT of Larissas letter which is at the link in my previous post. Here it is again so you don't need to go hunt it down: http://www.swansonsfishmarket.com/#!the-profit--please-read/c24el

Before I get into this I wanted to note that MARCUS LEMONIS is the owner (CEO) of CAMPING WORLD a 50 year old company: Camping World is an American corporation specializing in selling RV's of ALL DESIGNS -- parts and service for recreational vehicles and supplies for camping. They have lots all across America and reportedly are the 'Number One' seller of both RV's associated parts and camping supplies.The company is based in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and is privately held. (OK......... one to "the letter"):

A "taste of the "LARISSA LETTER" since it is quite long:

"Hi my name is Larissa, I am Gary and Sue Swanson's daughter. As you know, my family was just featured on, 'The Profit'. Unfortunately after being aired, we were not only humiliated but left with no chance to explain our side of the story. Behind the scenes, there was a lot that went on that no one knows about. For example, certain situations were manipulated, staged etc. I am writing this because I cannot keep quiet anymore and believe we were unfairly represented on the show. I understand it's my word against a huge network but I would not be coming out with all of this if it were not true. Below at the bottom I posted some photos and documents of proof. I ask that before you place judgment, you please read our side. I know this is a little long, but thank you for taking the time to read it. If you have anything to say you can go to our contact page."

(A BIT MORE):"I first want to start by saying, if I thought my parents were actual criminals I would not have written to the show. In my heart today, I still know that is the furthest thing from the truth. I am who I am because of them, and they raised me well."

(AND HER CLOSING): "I feel I need to get the word out on how awful this whole experience was for us. I know this is reality TV but I am appalled over Machete productions and how they operate. My father is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and has literally put his heart and soul into Swanson's since he was 12 years old. He also had a good reputation in the town of Fairfield. They were getting threatening emails, calls and people driving by their house. It was SCARY and I believe they took things way too far with us. Do not forget that we are all human beings here and we all make mistakes, which we have learned from. One thing I will say is that we have most definitely learned a lot from Marcus and we are thankful for that! I am besides myself and just sad how they can be content with slandering/destroying a families (sic) name and 41-YEAR-OLD business just to get higher ratings."

LARISSA seems to be a class-act as opposed to her mother who APPEARS TO BE somewhat of a lowlife! LARISSA DOES have documents that APPEAR TO corroborate her version of what happened. It is unfortunate she cannot make her MOTHER anything other than a "beotch". She might be a really sweet woman but THAT is highly unlikely.

It would also be great if ALL OF US received a million bucks from a rich uncle! She will never be a NICE LADY and all my uncles are paupers!

There ya have it....... enjoy.

I read through that when she first posted it. As I recall, she posted documents completely unrelated to what Marcus was discussing at the time, as proof that the lien was paid off. It was an entirely different lien. She was trying to correct the information her dad told Marcus, and just didn't seem to understand what was truly going on. I think she was an unfortunate victim of her family. The show revealed her mom taking advantage of her. 

I just flipped over to confirm the lien. She texted Marcus about receiving a notice of lien from Kasowitz, and stated that it didn't take place in 2012 like Marcus said, but instead months into filming. She then posts a release of lien from a contractor, Kardamis Construction, against Gary's Realty Co, for a property located in Fairfield. I think that turned out to be their home, not the business, but don't remember for sure and don't care enough to look it up. The man claiming to be a lawyer was funny though. Insisting that the check was written in July when there are clearly 2 numbers where the month is. Also, the first action in a foreclosure isn't the filing document, so they would have known for months that it was coming. At least the parents did; I really get the feeling the daughter had no idea her parents were scammers.

I was surprised when Marcus did the closer look episode last night. There has been so much back and forth negativity about what happened, why rehash it? Plus did the owner die? I was confused if it was the original owner (the father) or the son? I was waiting to see an in memory at the end. 

Amber sure defended Marcus. Marcus said he was concerned about the negative social media. Then Amber says no one cares of listens to social media stuff. She was like a pit bull defending Marcus! Of course I am sitting watching with Larissa's social media posts and comparing them to Marcus' story he is retelling. I still do not know who was telling the truth. 

• Love 2

I felt like the Inside Look on this episode was pretty...tame.  Given all the accusations the Swansons sent Marcus' way, he really just shrugged them off.   There was a lot more to be said here, imo, and none of it was.  Everything was very nonchalant.  "Larissa still disputes this..  Larissa went on social media and said that."  And nothing substantive in response from Marcus.

• Love 4
On 3/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, kacesq said:

I felt like the Inside Look on this episode was pretty...tame.  Given all the accusations the Swansons sent Marcus' way, he really just shrugged them off.   There was a lot more to be said here, imo, and none of it was.  Everything was very nonchalant.  "Larissa still disputes this..  Larissa went on social media and said that."  And nothing substantive in response from Marcus.

I agree. The #1 thing that stood out to me in this was when Marcus heard that both of the buildings had burned down, on the same day, with no explanation and they were paid more than their worth by the insurance company (which was really weird) why didn't he RUN out the door?

No pun intended but, something was fishy to me from the start.

• Love 4
On 4/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, stormy said:

I agree. The #1 thing that stood out to me in this was when Marcus heard that both of the buildings had burned down, on the same day, with no explanation and they were paid more than their worth by the insurance company (which was really weird) why didn't he RUN out the door?

No pun intended but, something was fishy to me from the start.

Because he knew something they didn't show on television: the family was the target of arson from a former employee. 

You're right, if there was no explanation it would have been an obvious reason for Marcus to leave instantly. Since he didn't leave that reinforces that there was an explanation, and thus the show's choice not to show it is pretty shady. 

• Love 2