Type keyword(s) to search

It's Always Sunny In The Media

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Yes, I was thinking with the SB win, the natural thing to do is follow up The World Series Defense with The Superbowl defense. 

An episode or two revolving around the Eagles' Superbowl win is pretty much required.

• Love 1

Yes surprisingly AP Bio is renewed but the, IMO, superior Kaitlin Olson show The Mick was cancelled. 

I liked AP Bio OK, but the premise doesn't leave much room for a long term show. 

If I had to guess I would think they include him just in limited roles and appearances. 

How much of the writing does Glenn do for the show?  I always assumed Glenn, Charlie and Rob were responsible for most of the scripts.  Wondering how that would affect things as well

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:07 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Binging with Babish (which makes food from tv shows and movies) did an episode on It's Always Sunny! He makes rum ham, riot juice, fight milk, grilled Charlie, and milk steak.

I am pretty sure "milk steak" exists. At least I remember looking it up on Google after that ep originally aired.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Lantern7 said:

Hurray!

I have read its Mindy Kaling being added this season.  And it seems Dennis probably won't be there, but that is not confirmed

Very skeptical of those things and the new season.  Seems like a classic "jump the shark" scenario for the show

I know they added Danny DeVito season two and he made the show even better, but that was early on and DeVito just fits in perfectly.

I don't dislike Mindy Kaling.  Fairly indifferent to her.  She would not have been who popped into my mind as a female to step into this show though. 

We will see.  Still excited to finally have more episodes.

On 8/26/2018 at 4:09 PM, DrSpaceman said:

I have read its Mindy Kaling being added this season.  And it seems Dennis probably won't be there, but that is not confirmed

Very skeptical of those things and the new season.  Seems like a classic "jump the shark" scenario for the show

There is a brief scene in a commercial where some woman is talking to Dee and she sorta resembles Mindy Kaling in her voice, but I can't get a good enough look.  I don't see anything on Kaling's IMDB page about this. 

Here is the synopsis of the 13th season premiere:

Meet Cindy, the new, ethnically diverse female member of the gang who can successfully pull off scams. Everything is working until Mac introduces another new member: a life-like sex doll that looks exactly like Dennis..

Season 10, Episode 10, entitled Ass Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult, had a woman named Cindy as part of their group.  She was also in season 11, episode 4: Dee Made a Smut Film.  She was played by an actress named Brittney Alger.

EDIT: Okay I just watched the trailer and that does look like Mindy Kaling.

mindy_kaling_sunny.jpg

Edited by Ray Adverb
More info on new cast member.

Put it in spoilers jut in case. 

And there was another article that now I can't find confirming that is her (Mindy Kaling) in the trailer.

Also Glenn Howerton has appeared on her show in the past,, I just realized.  I have only seen The Mindy Project a few times.  It was OK. 

As for if and in what capacity Dennis will be back or not, reports are all over the place.  If you watch the trailer you see him in some form.........just have to watch to see

11 hours ago, Hero said:

I don't know how I feel about Mindy Kaling being on this season. Hopefully she doesn't ruin the flow of the show. 

I'm looking forward to it.  The writing on this show has been so consistently brilliant for 12 seasons with only two weak shows (The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell and The Gang Turns Black).  Mindy Kaling is pretty funny if she has good writing backing her up.  I loved her on the office but hated her on The Mindy Project.  I can't wait to see how the gang operates with two females, especially how Dee reacts. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:34 AM, Ray Adverb said:

I'm looking forward to it.  The writing on this show has been so consistently brilliant for 12 seasons with only two weak shows (The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell and The Gang Turns Black).  Mindy Kaling is pretty funny if she has good writing backing her up.  I loved her on the office but hated her on The Mindy Project.  I can't wait to see how the gang operates with two females, especially how Dee reacts. 

I love The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell.  Was just watching that one yesterday. 

If nothing else Mac and Dennis trying to act British is hilarious. 

Not a fan though of The Gang Turns Black.  That one really split the fanbase I think.  Some loved it, some hated it.  I just never like musical episodes of any sitcom and this one was no different.

But over the course of the series its as funny as ever.  Lets hope these changes don't ruin that

Edited by DrSpaceman73

FXX put out a "For Your Consideration" reel for Dee.

I was thinking of my "Ten episodes, ten separate actors playing Dennis" idea. Here's the advanced idea: Kaitlin Olsen playing Dennis. Or, even better: Kaitlin playing Dennis like Dee would play Dennis. You know: comically horrifying.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2018 at 4:54 PM, Ray Adverb said:

Real Lawyer Reacts to It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia - McPoyle v. Ponderosa (Bird Law!)

He did another episode as well: The Cereal Defense. (It scored better.)

• Love 1
(edited)

This isn't quite media, but I think it probably fits best here. They started filming yesterday, and today Rob released a small clip. It's not a spoiler, I don't think, but if it is, it's not a big enough one to ruin anything in the future. 

Edit: This was a bit louder on my laptop then I expected, you may want to turn your volume down a bit. 

Edited by Christina

I promise to not keep posting Instagrams, but couldn't help myself with these three.

The Sunny Gang is raising money for the charity The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp through something called Omazworld. I always knew Mary Elizabeth (The Waitress) was tiny, but never realized how tiny Artemis is. She's barely taller than Danny Devito and has lost a lot of weight. 

Chase Utley is retiring and they played this clip (oh shit,there's stickers)

I have no way of knowing if this next clip is a spoiler for a scene in the upcoming season, but did notice a camera at one point, so I'm throwing it under a spoiler tab.

Spoiler
  • Love 3
On 6/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, 17wheatthins said:

Instagrams are allowed here; post them and share your excitement! 🙂

It can get obnoxious when it's not really anything to discuss. The link shows new posts and it's just another photo. One of the threads in Vikings got so overwhelmed with photos that it was crashing people's computers and had to have a thread specified for all the photos the cast and crew kept posting on their social media. 

They're just so funny:

Also, they return September 25:

• Love 1

There have been several little Instagram ads that I'm going to post, but first, does anyone know what program is used to make these first two clips? The only think I can find is to warp photos but there is obviously something to do it to video, too. I tried to ask on Instagram but was ignored.

Some eye-candy for the ladies:

Eye candy for everyone : )

The exercises of the characters to keep all us couch potatoes in shape while watching:

Playing cards

These have a front and back; click the little arrow on the right-hand side of the photo to see the back

I don't see one for Dennis or Mac, but think they exist.

Odds and ends:

23 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

What is your Sunny Episode Name?

I am "The Gang Forms A Healthy Relationship With A Big Pumpkin That Looks Like Frank." Basically, I got the longest AND most esoteric title.

Mine is "The Gang Creeps on Dennis' Tools."

Is there much overlap between IASIP and Doctor Who? This video basically describes episodes from the modern era of Doctor Who (starting in 2005) using IASIP clips. It's actually pretty apt in some places. Let me know what you think.

On 12/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, Lantern7 said:

Is there much overlap between IASIP and Doctor Who? This video basically describes episodes from the modern era of Doctor Who (starting in 2005) using IASIP clips. It's actually pretty apt in some places. Let me know what you think.

Awesome! It also makes me thing that someone probably has WAY too much time on their hands...

In case you didn’t hear the news, there’s a new Super Mario Bros. movie in development, and Charlie Day will be playing Luigi. There’s been a lot of SMB/IASIP mashup memes. I think this is my favorite.

Has anyone heard the faintest word on when the next season starts?