Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Paper Moon

• Start Topic

It was nice seeing Kate again, but I knew the moment Tasha killed a human, she would be dead.  Dean never lets a monster live whose taken life.  If he believed in redemption for monsters, he would have let Amy live.  The only reason Kate is still alive is because they've never seen evidence of her killing a human, only animals and other werewolves. 

But the story of sisters overlaying the story of brothers was good enough.  Sam and Dean could understand why she saved Tasha and tried to fight for her, until she knew it was impossible.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2014 at 5:40 PM, catrox14 said:

I'm just going to leave this here because I've been pretty negative on the episode but this just brings me much joy.

tumblr_ne7ongwRoz1qdbfy6o2_500.gif

tumblr_ne7izl4ROp1qejlm2o2_250.gif

i watched that last gif of jensen for far too long.

----

not really a lot to say about this episode. i wanted to kill kate's sister and move on. although i like how the boys are opening up more.

On 10/28/2014 at 10:37 PM, Ferniesfreckles said:

I could've sat here watching Sam and Dean drink beers, while sitting on lawn chairs, in front of a beautiful lake, wearing douche-y sunglasses for the entire hour.

Damn, those boys are pretty.

I do like that they talked pretty much the whole time.

Next weeks preview looked super, super lame.

This would 100% have been a better episode.

On 10/28/2014 at 11:31 PM, catrox14 said:

Good gods. That was really bad.  I am so godsdamn tired of this parallel to ALL the monsters, demons, blah blah blah with Sam and Dean.  WE GET IT SHOW. 

Why didn't they just take Kate to join Garth's family???

Supernatural: we love the story so much, we tell it multiple times. 😆 The parallels in this episode were painful, and I don't entirely understand what the point was.

Meanwhile, I totally thought they were working towards introducing her to Garth, but I guess that would have been too logical. I kept thinking: guys, you know a pack of werewolves who has made this work. At least give her a way to contact them for support.

On 10/29/2014 at 12:12 AM, Pete Martell said:

To be honest - not really. 

I don't think Kate wanted to be with anyone. She wanted to be with her sister, obviously, but otherwise I think she would have bristled at any type of werewolf "family" or werewolf commune. I think she'd rather be alone. It's too bad they didn't have her and Dean talk about this, as it was one of the bigger similarities between them. 

I have to disagree on this point. She describes her efforts to control the wolf side, and I would expect would at least appreciate the opportunity to discuss it with someone else. When captured she talks about not having a handbook and while she may be making it up, the logical thing to do would be to at least offer. This would also allow some level of monitoring by Garth. It was a weird choice not to at least throw in an offer and refusal.

I think the thread probably already covers it. This was boring and the sisters were so wooden. I loved that the guys talked, but hated the characterization of Sam's actions as forcing Lester to sell his soul. The prior episode did not support that conclusion. It feels like Dean is trying to redirect, though. I am not sure he can articulate what is going on in his own head at the moment. So, maybe that was an intentional choice by the writers.

The werewolves are, honestly, just not that scary. This episode with the two wolves who were easily taken down didn't help. 

I don't think this occurred to me the first time I watched it but now: how about what this did to your parents?? Not that Tasha's death wouldn't have been devastating but to not know at all what happened and whether they're even alive makes it worse. Did she leave a note? "Hey, Mom and Dad, this is Kate! Sorry I didn't get in touch with you while I was here. Even though Tasha was on life support yesterday, I want to assure you that she's all better now. I can't tell you how or why, though, but I can tell you she's with me. I'm really sorry that you'll never get to see or hear from us again but don't worry! XOXO."

• Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, Scout Finch said:

I don't think this occurred to me the first time I watched it but now: how about what this did to your parents?? Not that Tasha's death wouldn't have been devastating but to not know at all what happened and whether they're even alive makes it worse. Did she leave a note? "Hey, Mom and Dad, this is Kate! Sorry I didn't get in touch with you while I was here. Even though Tasha was on life support yesterday, I want to assure you that she's all better now. I can't tell you how or why, though, but I can tell you she's with me. I'm really sorry that you'll never get to see or hear from us again but don't worry! XOXO."

Yeah, they lost both their daughters without a trace.   I also wonder (a lot of times) about the mechanics.  How did Kate get Tasha out of the hospital?  Did she just carry her in full view of nurses?  I've never tried to sneak out of a hospital with an unconscious patient.  Maybe it's not as hard as I think.

• LOL 1