Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Paper Moon

• Start Topic

u can't just murder people on the off-chance that, despite all the safety measures they've put in place and their past history and current beliefs, they *might* someday turn or kill someone.

But when they let Kate go because she said she'd stay clean, this happened. They don't want to take chances anymore.

For me, this goes back to Benny. When "Bitten" took place, Dean had just come back from Purgatory and had made friends with a monster. Sam was surprised that Dean didn't fight him on letting Kate go, because Dean usually wants monsters dead no matter what. Benny made Dean realize that not all monsters are enemies.

For Liane, who is awesome:

3) Didn't Dean give her back her phone? 4) How did he know she was calling?

Dean kept her phone - that's the phone she called from the pay phone. I assume he knew it was Kate because no one else would have called her phone.

This one was boring and lackluster. 

Dean morphing into a Deansel in distress made no sense to me. The writing didn`t even remotely touch on reasons for that. Sure, it might have been because he was scared off himself and held back physically but that was neither said nor shown.  

Meanwhile Sam becomes the one-armed superhunter. The only thing missing was him doing backflips into the room - with one arm, mind you. That entire scene looked clumsy and idiotic. 

The anvils were hard and fast and I have no idea what they were supposed to be. They were laying it on super-thick with Kate and Dean what with the saving a sibling and it turning to crap. Yet said sibling became a killer. Dean has just been a demon, still has the MOC and despite another boring Lester flashback, there is no, absolutely no plot-reason to start a freaking dark arc for Sam where Dean revolves around Sam again.

The brother conversations? Eh. At least it wasn`t the groveling and pimping that I expected (this time, anyway, it`s probably still coming) and I like that Dean didn`t seem to take the responsibility for getting Lester involved in the deal. Killing him. sure, but not for that. That at least means he makes a distinct choice between his actions and Sam`s actions. If he keeps that mindset, it would be good. ,

• Love 1

Okay upon rewatch last night, I'm really annoyed about some stuff.

Remember like a few months ago in the show's timeline that Sam had no problem NOT talking to Dean and calling him out for his being selfish and being mad that Dean wouldn't apologize for what he did with allowing Sam to be possessed by Gadreel? How Dean did more bad than good?  Remember how through most of last season Sam didn't want to talk to Dean because Gadreel reasons?

When did Sam have this big change of heart that leads him to say "You never have to apologize to me".   Was the "I lied" supposed to wipe all that away? Was Dean's 8 weeks of being a demon supposed to be his pennance for that and now that Sam's brother became a demon, Sam doesn't need an apology anymore? 

I don't get it. Is Sam saying he doesn't need to apologize a preemptive move to ward off any kind of judgment that may be forthcoming towards Sam when we suddenly yet inevitably find out that Sam did do something worse than Lester?

And truthfully I have a problem with Dean saying he's embarrassed. Dean has always owned the stupid shit he's done. He's admitted his mistakes, he's apologized for them. So to me the only thing  he should have embarrassed about is the way he behaved with the women. What I hope we find out is that Dean is embarrassed because he actually might have enjoyed his carousing. Let that be the thing that he's bothered by. Not because he was fooled by Crowley.  

Also we better get Sam and Dean seeking vengeance against Crowley for what he did to Dean. I can't believe that wasn't even mentioned yet. Yeah, Sam made a deal but fuck that. They better get on a quest to kill Crowley and but soon.

• Love 1

What I hope we find out is that Dean is embarrassed because he actually might have enjoyed his carousing. Let that be the thing that he's bothered by. Not because he was fooled by Crowley.

I don`t think he meant it as embarassed because Crowley fooled him in any way - he didn`t really. Human!Dean never trusted him and him taking on the Mark because of nihilistic despair had little to nothing to do with believing in Crowley. Heck, he figured out Crowley`s play at the end of the First Born episode.

But Crowley is someone Dean regards as filth, not someone he would share a hotel room with. Or beers. Or take goofy pictures with. Now even Demon!Dean, I don`t think ever cared about Crowley. Once Crowley got on his nerves, he shoved him aside - literally. But as long as Crowley proved to be a suitable companion for fun, Demon!Dean hung out with him.

That is what I believe back-to-normal-Dean would be embarassed about and I think it makes sense. It`s basically a supernatural version of rolling over after a drunken night and going "ewww, how drunk was I?" As a demon, Dean was so out of it, he spent fun times with a guy who wouldn`t qualify for that under normal circumstances in like ever. I would feel embarassed about it, too.  

• Love 6

That is what I believe back-to-normal-Dean would be embarassed about and I think it makes sense. It`s basically a supernatural version of rolling over after a drunken night and going "ewww, how drunk was I?" As a demon, Dean was so out of it, he spent fun times with a guy who wouldn`t qualify for that under normal circumstances in like ever. I would feel embarassed about it, too.  

Everybody's got a random. Dean should know that better than most. 

• Love 2
However, I could easily have watched the boys hanging out by that incredibly picturesque lake and jokingly giving each other shit in those douchy sunglasses for an hour. They were sure bringing the pretty in that opening scene.

I don't know who did the lighting for this episode but Jensen Ackles' cheekbones were freaking unbelievable, especially in the car scenes.  I wonder what it must be like to walk around all the time knowing that other people think you're beautiful lol

I wasn't sure what to think about the werewolf 'fight'.  Subtlety isn't this shows strong suit.  Usually the writing is pretty heavy handed so if Dean and Sam are worried about Dean reawakening the Mark through aggression I don't think it came across properly.

• Love 2

Th

at is what I believe back-to-normal-Dean would be embarassed about and I think it makes sense. It`s basically a supernatural version of rolling over after a drunken night and going "ewww, how drunk was I?" As a demon, Dean was so out of it, he spent fun times with a guy who wouldn`t qualify for that under normal circumstances in like ever. I would feel embarassed about it, too.

Eh....I don't see that something very normal "Dean" like at all. Dean has never seemed to me to be someone that wanted to chew his arm off to get away from his one night stand nor have we ever seen Dean portrayed as being a blackout drunk or party animal that would feel shame about who he slept with or partied with not so much that he would call it embarrassment.

To me, since Dean prides himself on being the best hunter in the world he would be embarrassed that his instincts as a hunter failed him more than some partying with someone he doesn't like. And it was clear to this viewer, that at no point did Dean ever seem to like Crowley nor did Dean think of Crowley as a BFF. It was Crowley that saw Dean as HIS BFF and it was Crowley that assigned meaning to their shenanigans. Demon!Dean made it clear he was in it for what he was getting out of it. I would find it hard to believe that is what Dean would be embarrassed about at all. And I could also see Dean being embarrassed that Crowley was essentially managing Dean's addiction as it were.

The problem with the dialogue and pacing and writing here is that it was all so muddled. Was that an intentional choice or just crappy writing?

Edited by catrox14
When did Sam have this big change of heart that leads him to say "You never have to apologize to me".

I don't think that's what he said. I believe the line was 'You don't ever have to say that.  Not to me.'  And it came after Dean thanked him for curing him of being a demon.  It didn't have anything to do with apologies.

To me, since Dean prides himself on being the best hunter in the world, to be duped into being turned into a demon would be an embarrassment far more disconcerting that a few weeks bender with Crowley. To me he would be embarrassed that his instincts as a hunter failed him more than some partying with someone he doesn't like.

For me it`s entirely the opposite.`Because he wasn`t duped by Crowley. Dean took on the Mark without asking about any kind of consequences because of the headspace he was in at the time. This had bubkis to do with Crowley. Sure, Crowley fascilitated the meeting with Cain but Dean could have stumbled upon the dude for any old plot-contrivance reason and taken on the Mark just the same. It was about him, Crowley was just there for the happening.

And once he had taken it and gotten the Blade, it was a foregone conclusion that he would die (eventually, somehow) and the Mark would work its magic. So Crowley didn`t share his knowledge and pushed it along a bit. That doesn`t fit my definition of "duped" in any way. 

Cain wasn`t secretely evil and Crowley wasn`t working for him and he didn`t really fool Dean about his supposed wonderful goals. Or how he only had Dean`s best interests at heart.

Meanwhile the palling around, yup, that would be embarassing. And nope, I don`t think Dean is the guy who would go literally "ew" to a bed partner after a drunken night. But I meant it more as a metaphor. Because Crowley is not just a "guy he doesn`t like". It`s unfeasible to spend fun times with him. I`m betting if Demon!Dean had happened the same time as Leviathan!Cas and for some reason the two would have found themselves together being pals in "evoldom", Dean wouldn`t be embarassed afterwards. Heck, if it had been an unhinged hunter like Gordon (obvious difficulties there for the pal-relationship),, he wouldn`t either.

It`s Crowley specifically. They shared a room and everything. I can easily see Dean wanting to scrub his skin off and burn of his retinas if he saw the guy naked or something. Not because of dudeship but again, Crowley. 

• Love 1

One small detail I liked was when Dean told Kate there was a cure for being a vampire, and other than one quick glance, Sam silently backed him up.  No eye rolls, no interruptions, no exasperated 'Dean  . . ."  He maintained eye contact with Kate, his expression as serious as if there was a cure.  He didn't agree with Dean's approach (let's kill them both), but he saved it until they were away from Kate and even then it was a discussion between the two of them, not a yelling contest where neither was listening.

I think that was what I liked overall about the episode - they were talking . . . AND listening.  Or trying to anyway, although I don't think they are in tune enough yet to be able to really see each other's point of view.  They're trying though, which is worth a lot.

It was weird seeing Sam in the back seat of the Impala.  

I got bored at times with the vampire story, but would rather have it (since at least it did connect with Sam and Dean) than more of Castiel out there on his road trip with the lady angel.  I like Castiel, I like Crowley.  But unless their stories are interwoven with those of the boys, I'm really not interested.

• Love 3

To be honest, I wasn't surprised by the werewolf storyline.  I knew Tosha had gone totally bad and that Kate will be forced to kill her.  It's kind of sad when I can almost predict the whole plot of a Supernatural Monster of the Week episode.

What surprised me was the brothers talking with each other honestly.  It was really nice to see Sam and Dean sitting near the lake, drinking beer and talking.  I knew Dean, as much as he wanted to, wasn't ready to go back to hunting.  I could tell he was still processing his time as Deanmon.  I was still surprised to see Dean choke when he tried to stab the werewolf with his blade and failed and Sam had to finish the job.  I was surprised Sam didn't get on Dean's case because of it.

I thought the werewolf storyline was a little blah and predictable.  I felt sorry for Kate and seeing her walk away in the highway all alone was rather poignant.  I don't mind seeing her again one day on the show.

This episode was still a winner for me just for the fact of seeing the Winchester Brothers communicating with each other.

Preview for next episode looking totally silly and stupid.  I'm intrigued.  I think I might enjoy hatewatching the next episode.

Dean morphing into a Deansel in distress made no sense to me. The writing didn`t even remotely touch on reasons for that. Sure, it might have been because he was scared off himself and held back physically but that was neither said nor shown.

Yeah, he's like mid season 8 before the trials Samsel in distress. That didn't make much sense either and was not explained. Hopefully this has a chance of being explained.

My guess is that Dean is concerned he's going to "wake up" the mark again, and even if just killing a werewolf may not do it, after Abbadon he's gun shy. He doesn't want to feel that "addiction" again. Dean seems like someone who wants to be in control of himself, or at least choose when he "lets go," so something external making him feel not entirely in control must be an awful feeling for him that he doesn't want to repeat. And unlike when he was demon Dean, the mark was not the same... it was partially controlling / influencing him. To me it would make sense that Dean would be wary of aggravating the mark, so to speak.

But we're going to have to wait, I think, before the reason gets revealed.

• Love 1
I don't think that's what he said. I believe the line was 'You don't ever have to say that.  Not to me.'  And it came after Dean thanked him for curing him of being a demon.  It didn't have anything to do with apologies.

Wasn't Sam also saying he didn't have to apologize for things he did?  I would have sworn there was discussion about not apologizing that lead to the correction you made above (which thanks for that!) ?

I was hoping this would be Halloween episode.  I like that the brothers are talking things out instead of internalizing things.  Didn't werewolves actually turn into wolves at some point in the series?

Wasn't Sam also saying he didn't have to apologize for things he did?  I would have sworn there was discussion about not apologizing that lead to the correction you made above (which thanks for that!) ?

I went back and listened again, and there's nothing about apologizing from either of them.  Sam admits to rubbing/punching hunters the wrong way, but says he saved his best stuff for the bad guys.  Then he talks about carrying Dean's corpse to his room and Dean says that he left the note in the hope it would fill in the blanks.  Sams says (sarcastically) that it was really informative, and adds 'thanks'.  After that Dean talks about how everything was embarrassing, they do the running gag about how he was a demon, then Dean tells Sam that he never said thank you and Sam says he doesn't need to.  That's pretty much it.

At this point in the show, I don't know that apologies would be a useful thing anyway.  They've both done so much to each other and to other people, where would they even begin or end that wouldn't still leave something left unsaid?   At any rate, this episode didn't even try to tackle it. 

• Love 3

Thanks for clarifying that Wynne. I guess I just started checking out on the episode. LOL sheesh. Maybe I'll rewatch it tonight for the 3rd time.  Or I'll just watch the opening sequence on loop.

Edited by catrox14

I'm late to the party but gonna comment anyway.  Feel free to ignore me! ;)

I don't know that I've ever been so bored by an episode of Supernatural before.  Maybe the episode that Kate originally comes from, Bitten, because I hated that episode.  I didn't care about Kate then and I don't care about her now.  And all of her talking, talking, talking was just too much!

I need to watch again because some of the brother's conversations got past me as Twitter was more entertaining than the show.  I did like how they were actually talking to each other, awkwardly or not.  And I am so onboard with the opening sitting by the lake scene - I've scrolled up a couple times now just to look at those GIFs again!

I'm withholding judgement on the next episode.  Hopefully, even if it's bad, it won't seem as bad since we skip next week for all the election coverage.  Just looking at Jensen for 42 minutes will be better than watching the election coverage.

I'm later than you 2Old2BAFangirl! 

Two Awkward Turtles Conversation: kinda adorable because they REALLY don't want to get into a fight.  OTOH, BOTH of them snuck in a few passive/aggressive zingers in the 'polite' conversation. The 'Are you ready?' 'Are YOU ready?' back and forth.  There's some silent judging going on they have yet to talk through.  Seems clear to me that Dean thinks Sam is in denial about doing anything bad and eventually that shoe is going to drop. And Sam is worried about Dean getting his Murder On and wondering when THAT shoe is going to drop.

Hunting Hesitation: I thought it was pretty obvious that Dean was swinging back and forth between "kill, kill" and "hesitate". Didn't they say at the end they were not really ready?  I thought that was the case.  They were not the smooth team they used to be. Sam questioned Dean's choices for two reasons: was this the right thing to do and is this Dean or the Mark making this call.  I didn't need it spelled out any more than it was.  I didn't think Sam was uber-super-hunter in this ep. I think those newly turn werewolves were way out of their league.

Kate & Tasha: Yes, this telegraphed a mile off. I did feel sad for Kate. She f*cked up saving her sister and thinking she could handle it.  At least 6 people died because of it (the first 3 that brought the boys, the one killed when Kate was with them, and the two Tasha turned).  Her walk-off into the sunset was supposed to be a call-back to Bitten but it felt more like a spin-off setup ala Incredible Hulk to me.  I personally liked the actress but I'm not on-board for a spin-off based on her character. 

Little bits:

- Yes, they brought the pretty last night with the sunglasses and beer.

- Kate doing yoga.  Anyone else wonder if they would have Dean try yoga?  Given the mockumentary for S9, I don't know if I could watch that without peeing my pants in laughter.

- Werewolves of London was a nice choice.

Season implications: This feels like a very slow burn on the recovery path.  It was understated but I think that's because I think the boys are trying to do the right thing and "take time".  You know that really doesn't work all that well for many people.  People grieve and heal on a random schedule.  You just can't say to yourself "Self, go sit in a corner and think for 2 months and then you will have healed".  I feel like we are going to have stops and starts on the healing train. I kinda like that. I think it's more realistic.  I suspect some underplaying until after the 200th is over and then maybe more outbursts after that. 

• Love 2

Okay upon rewatch last night, I'm really annoyed about some stuff.

Remember like a few months ago in the show's timeline that Sam had no problem NOT talking to Dean and calling him out for his being selfish and being mad that Dean wouldn't apologize for what he did with allowing Sam to be possessed by Gadreel? How Dean did more bad than good?  Remember how through most of last season Sam didn't want to talk to Dean because Gadreel reasons?

When did Sam have this big change of heart that leads him to say "You never have to apologize to me".   

Likely when he saw his brother get stabbed to death. 

• Love 1

Yeah, he's like mid season 8 before the trials Samsel in distress. That didn't make much sense either and was not explained. Hopefully this has a chance of being explained.

That generally felt like a plot device to me. Sam had to get captured so he could be saved or out of the way. 

Dean wasn't put in that position, so I assume it's something more. It wasn't even just that he was "Deansel in distress" - he was rusty at everything, even talking to people.

I know in season 4 they did a certain variation of this with Sam feeling Dean was now too weak to handle the problems they faced, but I'm not sure that's what they're doing here. Ideally this will be something that leads to Dean facing up to what he even wants to be as a hunter and who he is as a person. 

I think he knows he can't just go back to the old Dean, because what was the old Dean? The old Dean has been dying for years, long before Metatron knifed him.

I don't have any great expectation of this being explored, but I can delude myself for a while.

• Love 1

I don't think that's what he said. I believe the line was 'You don't ever have to say that.  Not to me.'  And it came after Dean thanked him for curing him of being a demon.  

I thought it was slightly interesting that Dean didn't actually thank Sam. "I never said thank you" isn't the same thing as thanking him, to me. 

Overall, I thought it was a pretty boring episode. I liked "Bitten," and I liked Kate in it. But this time, I just didn't care. When they all sat down at the diner to have flashbacks with her, I just... Well, if you ever read my recaps on TWoP, you know how much I just love a good sit-n-chat. 

I think that's why I lost track of the stuff with Sam and Dean. Kate is so gosh dang boring that she sucked the life out of the episode. And I spent most of the time just rolling my eyes that they were forcing another parallel through one off characters instead of just making Sam and Dean deal with their own shit with each other. 

Why is so hard to write a bottle episode for Sam and Dean. They had one half of one with Soul Survivor. And I don't consider vague conversations in the car whilst a stranger is hanging out potentially listening to be effective story telling.  So frustrating.

• Love 1

Bad episode, boring, ham fisted and tedious, Demon Dean is gone and now it's back to Sam being Sam and the writers clinging to things that sucked the first time around. On the other hand it only took me two attempts to get through it over a few days... Bitten was really, really bad.

• Love 1

It feels like everyone's just going through the motions -- writers, producers, actors, everyone.    Like they all know it's drawing to an end and they're playing out the clock.   Just keep the paychecks coming, please.

I liked the lakeside scene.   I think it's easy for any of us to wish ourselves there, to be able to take a long, well-needed break and become part of the scenery.   Who can't relate to that?

I liked the flashback to the earlier episode at the beginning.   There an odd moment when it seemed Dean was talking.   Actually talking.   Not growling.

I loved the absence of Castiel, Crowley and all the angel/demon bullshit.    It almost felt like they restored the show to the factory settings.   Almost.

Kate was terribly boring.   Worse, she lit out the window without so much as checking to see whether her sister's cohorts had killed Sam and Dean.   It seemed awfully rude.

Dean seems to be seeking redemption.   He talked about it a lot.   I just wish the writers understood that it's better to show than to say.   On the Blah-Blah-Blah Index, this episode was at the red level. 

I don't mean to invoke the angel storyline but I've been meaning to ask: does anyone know where God went?   And is He coming back?

I don't mean to invoke the angel storyline but I've been meaning to ask: does anyone know where God went?   And is He coming back?

Last known location was Earth per Joshua (or maybe sitting in a ramshackle house wearing a white shirt and going by the name of Chuck Shirley).  No idea on his return.

My response to this episode can be summed up in one word.  Meh!

I didn't care about Kate in her first outing with the show and my feelings haven't changed.  Is the actress really popular on something else? Two episodes with the possibility of more? Why?

Okay, I did love the scene of the boys relaxing by the "lake" (suspect that was ocean front~gorgeous spot) and would happily have watched a whole episode of the two of them vacationing. Oh and I did love that they actually talked.  And nobody got into a snit and stalked off or was a lying, liar who lies . Miracle!

• Love 2

I don't know how, but I missed this episode on the first run through.  It was kind of nice to see a new episode among the repeats.  

It was kind of dull though.  I didn't like the first episode with the college students.  I thought that one was dull too.  I found the girl's character kind of annoying in that episode.  I figured she wasn't the killer when I saw all the chickens.  Other than that "milk run" seemed like a fitting description.  

My response to this episode can be summed up in one word.  Meh!

Sacrilege!  How very dare you!

"Meh" is never used with an exclamation point!  "Meh." is the only acceptable usage.  ;-)

Otherwise, I completely agree.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sacrilege!  How very dare you!

"Meh" is never used with an exclamation point!  "Meh." is the only acceptable usage.  ;-)

Fair enough.  I am rather notorious for abusing the exclamation point.  I trust you will advise me when I err in this direction.

• Love 2

Finally got to the re-re-watch.  That it took me three days to do so is an indicator of how much of a shifting of gears this episode was. 

Bits I came away with after this watching:

- I really do like Kate. I think this episode was a bit too much exposition for her but using her story as a Dean mirror worked fine. And I'd have her on Wayward Daughters if they went there.

- The sheriff was not great. His line reading throws me off everytime.

- The uniforms, OTOH, hubba hubba.

- I'm more empathetic to Sam's situation this time around.  I didn't feel like he was hiding as much as I did the first time.

• Love 1

I actually watched this ep and Soul Survivor last night, but this one just...well, I had to comment here first.  You'll see.

So wow...this episode started off so well..

• the guys hanging out at the lake was nice.  The sunglasses were off though.  Especially Sam's.  
  • the uniforms!  I might have squealed.  I definitely rewound a few times.  Nice to see a ruse other than the FBI schtick.   And I do love a man in uniform.  :)
  • I liked seeing Kate again.  I really like her.  I'm glad she didn't turn out to the be the killer after all.  
  • Even the guys sort-of talking in the car was nice.  At least they seemed like they were trying.

Until they turned into giant asshole hypocrites.  

• Especially Dean.  After what he knows Sam did to save him, and all the crap he's done in the past to save Sam, and all the crap he did as a freaking Demon, he dares to say Kate's sister is beyond redemption?  WTF?  
  • Sam was nearly as bad.  He looked like he disagreed with Dean, but well, didn't say anything and went along with it, so yeah, asshole hypocrite too.  
  • And can we stop with the "Sam made Lester sell his soul" shit?  Uh, no he didn't.  Sam might have given him the idea, which he shouldn't have done - but there's nothing to say that Lester wouldn't have found out about it some other way.  Lester also looked to me like he was in full possession of all his faculties at the crossroads - not drunk like he was in the bar.  Lester threw himself at the crossroads Demon.  He didn't have to.  He made the choice.  Sam did not force him to do it.  So just stop, show.  I guess that's the new "Sam started the Apocalypse" now.  Geez Us.
  • Also, didn't Dean actually save Lester's soul by killing him and not the wife?  Isn't that what Crowley said?  The deal was the wife dead for Lester's soul.  Without the wife dead, Lester's soul didn't automatically go to Hell.  (Maybe it did anyway, but not because of the deal).  So I'd appreciate if they also stopped with the "Dean sent Lester's soul to hell" BS.  
  • So basically, Dean fixed Sam's screw-up.  Again.  Even as a Demon.  
  • And now they are both Giant Douchey Asshole Hypocrites.

And I am finally ready to quit watching this show after this episode.  Because after the way they treated Kate who was just trying to save her sister - after what they'd both just gone though - I can't even respect either one of them.  Fuck You Sam and Dean Winchester.  And Fuck You show.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

And I am finally ready to quit watching this show after this episode.  Because after the way they treated Kate who was just trying to save her sister - after what they'd both just gone though - I can't even respect either one of them.  Fuck You Sam and Dean Winchester.  And Fuck You show.

This episode is a hard one to swallow, for sure, but the next one is the 200th episode and it's...well, I'm not gonna lie, it has problems, but overall fun stroll.

After this, they sort of get back on track a bit. No spoilers, but I will say overall season 10 is pretty plot-light for this show. Sometimes their ruminations work, sometimes, not so much.

• Love 2

This was a pretty boring episode. Although the guys and their douche-y Ray-Bans make the whole thing worthwhile, in a way.

Kate was just terminally boring. Tasha was a plot device rather than a character, so I couldn't get too interested in her, either. And even she had more characterization than those werewolf thugs. Jeez.

I dunno, this wasn't a bad episode exactly, it was just too simplistic. I mean, it should at least have been sort of tempting to take Tasha's side, right? I think the episode would have been a lot more fun and honestly even have made more sense if they'd created a sort of Buffy/Faith vibe between Kate and Tasha. Rather than the sisters being more like Twin & Evil Twin.

I also think that Kate and Tasha could have been more proactive in going after Sam and Dean. Tasha going on about how she could do anything and wasn't going to take any shit from anybody anymore while in actually just sitting around her motel room talking to her sister...I dunno, it just didn't have a lot of oomph.

"Werewolves of London" is a good song. Feels like the show getting back to its classic rock roots. I love their stupid sunglasses (according to SupernaturalWiki Prada and Oakleys).  Beautiful shot of them and the Impala by the lake. They gave Sam and Jared different injuries? Sam sprained his elbow, but Jared busted his shoulder, right? I love the game warden disguises. Jeez, Dean, how many people actually "take it easy" when you come at them with a knife? I'm deeply amused that Kate uses yoga to tame her werewolf side. "I'm sure there were a few hunters I rubbed, or punched, the wrong way." I like that line a lot. The boys are working together. They're talking. They aren't making dumbass, morally questionable decisions. "But I am just trying to do the right thing, man. 'Cause I am so sick and tired of doing the wrong one." I love this line. I need it on a poster. Kate's fine. I don't want her to guest star again, but I wish her well.