Type keyword(s) to search

Tamar And Vince - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I cannot believe she's getting divorced. I always knew their relationship was unhealthy (the way they argued they seemed to have next to nothing in common and he was verbally abusive) but I'm surprised she is actually going through with it. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, anonymiss said:

I cannot believe she's getting divorced. I always knew their relationship was unhealthy (the way they argued they seemed to have next to nothing in common and he was verbally abusive) but I'm surprised she is actually going through with it. 

I don't know why I'm so shocked either, but I am. Poor Tamar has had a really rough year or so. 

Check in over at the Braxton Family Values' Tamar thread!

• Love 2

Is anybody else watching this? Three months of Tamar & Vince's life before their marriage imploded. It's like watching a car crash....

So far, Vin seems to have chill, peaceful energy. He's happy with his weight loss & went to visit his parent's graves. But, Tamar seems like a bundle of nerves.

• Love 1

I wonder if Vince's weight loss surgery made his alleged abusive ways worse and that's what led to Tamar filing for divorce? My aunt had WLS, and her personality changed a lot after. She seemed to develop a gambling problem, for one. I feel bad even posting this much because she passed away a few years after the surgery. I do believe it killed her. Healthy organs shouldn't be mutilated, IMO. RIP, Aunt :'(

• Love 2

I only caught pieces of the season premiere. ..will watch later over the weekend. .I know death and the grieving process is different for each person but at this point Vince might need to talk with someone. He seemed a little extreme already  keeping death from his son. Lets not pass his issues with death/dying onto the next generation.

Has anyone caculated a) how old was he when is mom passed, and, b) how old was he when his dad passed. I think I saw about a 10+ yr difference in the death dates of his parents.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Has anyone caculated a) how old was he when is mom passed, and, b) how old was he when his dad passed. I think I saw about a 10+ yr difference in the death dates of his parents.

I did hear him say he was 13 when his dad passed.  

• Love 1

Vince's earings..the blue dots....I forgot how much they bugged me for some reason. .maybe b/c they are more noticeable due to the weight loss? Kuduos on losing the weight and getting healthier. 

• Love 1
On 11/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, nikita said:

OK, I'm actually starting to wonder if this divorce could just be a storyline? Because why would Vince as an EP allow this to play out on a TV show??

Because he’s a famewhore like Tamar, but a closet one. 

I’ve never been able to tolerate Tamar and her whole basketful of dramatics and attention seeking. I think Vince now that he’s lost weight and can be more active is getting sick of her antics. How her two friends can stand it I don’t know. 

I wouldn’t last 5 minutes  around her.

• Love 5

Watching Tamar & Vince's marriage implode is not entertaining, it's just painful...

& the allegations of years long physical abuse... It just feels unsavory to watch the show now. Like, maybe somebody should have put the camera down & stopped a bitch from getting her ass beat...

• Love 4

I'm going to need them to make the sponsor stuff a lot less obvious. Vince having a whole segment where he and Benzino shop in an organic grocery store? Please.

Vince is hangry. I believe Tamar when she says he doesn't eat. It's never pleasant to be around a hungry person, much less someone with a personality like Vince's.

Edited by nikita
  • Love 3

what's up with Tamar's new sidekick friends? It would have made a little more sense to invite their normal travel couple buddies -lashawn & april.

And was it her hair buddy who put in a weave that made her itch w/ extra drama? In all of LA - tamar couldn't find a better weave-oloigist?

Vince is buddy-buddy with Benzino the cheater-who been on a couple of shows crying about his marriage?? hmmm - birds of a feather.....

Vince sitting on the couch looking like he didn't give a damn about discussing a vacation letting alone having a conversation, pissed me off. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

what's up with Tamar's new sidekick friends? It would have made a little more sense to invite their normal travel couple buddies -lashawn & april.

Vince and Tamar had a falling-out with Lashawn and April last year or so. I don't think they are friends any longer. Tamar said it is because they didn't see her when she was in the hospital with blood clots, IIRC. I miss them on the show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nikita said:

Vince and Tamar had a falling-ou t with Lashawn and April last year or so. I don't think they are  friends any longer. Tamar said it is because they didn't see her when she was in the hospital with blood clots, IIRC. I miss them on the show.

Tamar is old enough to realize not everyone likes to visit and/or go to hospitals. Esp.when you can call or text to check in . Its not personal-its usually what has happened in someones life way back when . lawshawn/april could have thought as deep as tamar family is plus vince is attached 24/7, they didnt want to intrude when your supposed to be getting better. Plus if she was in ICU visits are limited. Not sure I would lose a good friend over not coming to a hospital...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Tamar is old enough to realize not everyone likes to visit and/or go to hospitals. Esp.when you can call or text to check in . Its not personal-its usually what has happened in someones life way back when . lawshawn/april could have thought as deep as tamar family is plus vince is attached 24/7, they didnt want to intrude when your supposed to be getting better. Plus if she was in ICU visits are limited. Not sure I would lose a good friend over not coming to a hospital...

According to Tamar (so maybe true, maybe not), they also didn't reach out to her via phone, text, or otherwise.  We also all know Tamar is sensitive as fuck....

I am not a fan of Tamar's "friends".  They were just a little too eager to jump on to Tamar's vacation that Tamar and Vince are paying for.  They just come across as famewhore leeches to me.  At least I believed that Lashawn/April and Benzino/his wife were/are actual friends.  They're also trying waaaaaaaaay too hard.

It's interesting to see what happens when a husband loses weight and the wife is the one worried about him getting his sexy on. 

I did have to chuckle at Tamar saying Ursula would try to steal her voice if she jumped into the ocean.  

• Love 6
On 11/17/2017 at 2:39 AM, sATL said:

And was it her hair buddy who put in a weave that made her itch w/ extra drama? In all of LA - tamar couldn't find a better weave-oloigist?

Vince is buddy-buddy with Benzino the cheater-who been on a couple of shows crying about his marriage?? hmmm - birds of a feather.....

Vince sitting on the couch looking like he didn't give a damn about discussing a vacation letting alone having a conversation, pissed me off. 

Isn't one of her new buddies some youtuber she picked up? Why suggest a vacation if you going have all these random people as buffers? I guess it's a hollywood thing for women to have all these frilly gay men as accessories, but they are still dudes and the both of them frollicing with someone else's wife in the bathroom was wrong. 

That dinner was horrible. Vince might have been giving shade, but the dude was stoned. I've noticed on camera that Tamar is always disdainful of  Vince's diet. Always.  This vain woman initiated the comment about Becky with the good hair when Vince wanted skin reduction like anyone else with a 100lb weight loss. When he sassed her back, she put all the blame on him. I'm not excusing Vince for things unknown, but even her mama wanted to slap the piss out her. Working and living with Tamar is not good for anybody. That insecurity rant she gave was strange because everybody is forced to cater to Tamar's issues.

Anyone else catch the interaction between Tamar and the audio guy? She was giving him the stank eye and he puffed his chest like he was about to go off. I wonder what happened when they got off stage. Since his "perfect" sound check had just gone to hell and Tamar hadn't had a chance to run her mouth yet, I found his attitude inappropriate. Just act like you are sorry and try to correct the problem.

• Love 4
On 11/18/2017 at 9:05 PM, Iguessnot said:

Isn't one of her new buddies some youtuber she picked up? Why suggest a vacation if you going have all these random people as buffers? I guess it's a hollywood thing for women to have all these frilly gay men as accessories, but they are still dudes and the both of them frollicing with someone else's wife in the bathroom was wrong. 

That dinner was horrible. Vince might have been giving shade, but the dude was stoned. I've noticed on camera that Tamar is always disdainful of  Vince's diet. Always.  This vain woman initiated the comment about Becky with the good hair when Vince wanted skin reduction like anyone else with a 100lb weight loss. When he sassed her back, she put all the blame on him. I'm not excusing Vince for things unknown, but even her mama wanted to slap the piss out her. Working and living with Tamar is not good for anybody. That insecurity rant she gave was strange because everybody is forced to cater to Tamar's issues.

Anyone else catch the interaction between Tamar and the audio guy? She was giving him the stank eye and he puffed his chest like he was about to go off. I wonder what happened when they got off stage. Since his "perfect" sound check had just gone to hell and Tamar hadn't had a chance to run her mouth yet, I found his attitude inappropriate. Just act like you are sorry and try to correct the problem.

You would think Vince would have been more upset that her show was less than perfect, made me wonder if he is secret pleased that her career has stalled. 

Tamar always talks about how she isn’t attracted to thin men. And in front of Vince no less. She gets her digs in at him often, not so sure she’s all that afraid of him. Unless the physical abuse is something recent.

have any of the sisters had a successful long term marriage? 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

You would think Vince would have been more upset that her show was less than perfect, made me wonder if he is secret pleased that her career has stalled. 

Tamar always talks about how she isn’t attracted to thin men. And in front of Vince no less. She gets her digs in at him often, not so sure she’s all that afraid of him. Unless the physical abuse is something recent.

It seems Traci has been married the longest, but that marriage had infidelity. Plus the woman is a bit simpleminded and immature.

• Love 3

Vince (while with Benzino): " .. if that is how she feels... then I just have to love her a little more and pray for her"..Not quite boo-boo.. You have to put in the "WORK".

That 2nd Mexico dinner , when the publicist joined was beyond awkward... That was an example of why if there is a couple and you have single people, someone needs to politely excuse themselves - esp. on a vacation. In that case should have been the single ones.

Vince's mood swings.. is he on too many (ie heavy dosage/combination) meds? Does he need meds -which may cause him to put on weight? 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

IMO, Vince is miserable because he wants the WL surgery to remove all that extra skin hanging on his body and Tamar objects. I understand WHY she objects, but it's HIS body and if it's going to make him feel better about himself, then he should be able to do without her "permission". 

And while this might not seem important to Tamar, I can see why Vince is eager to do it and possibly depressed over her objection(s). He's finally healthy and enjoying being "skinny Daddy" and yet, for all his weight loss efforts, he still looks slovenly with the oversized shirts (that he can't tuck in) that look like pajama tops.

• Love 6

Whoa. Tamar & Vince are utterly miserable to be around one another. Where is the couple's counseling?!? When Vince speaks, Tamar looks she hates every word coming out of his mouth; whenever Tamar speaks, Vince looks like he's silently praying for death. They can't even bring themselves to look one another in the eye. They can't say anything nice--- like Tamar should tell Vince he looks nice after his weight loss, & Vince should have congratulated Tamar for her concert selling out in 26 hours. Plus, they are both throwing around shady comments.

Vince doesn't seem to be doing as good of a job managing Tamar as before; I wonder if it's intentional. I mean, he's passive-aggressive to her in their personal relationship, but business should be business.

Vince okayed Tamar bringing her friends on vacation when he really didn't want them there. Then, proceeded to punish them all with his stank attitude. When he just bounced from the dinner table? Wow...! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

IMO, Vince is miserable because he wants the WL surgery to remove all that extra skin hanging on his body and Tamar objects. I understand WHY she objects, but it's HIS body and if it's going to make him feel better about himself, then he should be able to do without her "permission". 

And while this might not seem important to Tamar, I can see why Vince is eager to do it and possibly depressed over her objection(s). He's finally healthy and enjoying being "skinny Daddy" and yet, for all his weight loss efforts, he still looks slovenly with the oversized shirts (that he can't tuck in) that look like pajama tops.

She looks like she's had plenty of work on her face and body.. did Vince object? Did she even bother to ask?

She's said repeatedly that she doesn't like skinny men.. is that true or does she just not want Vince skinny cause someone else might find him attractive? I don't think for a minute that she is all that in love with him. She wanted  to become famous and his money and position in the music world made him attractive to her. I never saw it as a true love match. Maybe in the beginning he babied her and she ate up the attention, but now that she has her career, she doesn't need that and she doesn't need to have to cater to his whims.

• Love 8

from the episode and  ( link ):

{quote} “When you love somebody and you want to be around them, that’s who you want to be around. All of the time,” he said during the dinner. “When did that change for you? After 14 years, when did that change?”

In true Braxton fashion, she responded by saying, “When I started feeling like I’m at the Waffle House, scattered, smothered and covered.”

And in response, he put his head down into his arms and said, in front of everyone, “Shut the f–k up.” {end quote}

-----

Now I don't care how much weight a person loses/gains that is hitting way below the belt - major fighting words and a show of disrespect.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, sATL said:

{quote} “When you love somebody and you want to be around them, that’s who you want to be around. All of the time,” he said during the dinner. “When did that change for you? After 14 years, when did that change?”

In true Braxton fashion, she responded by saying, “When I started feeling like I’m at the Waffle House, scattered, smothered and covered.”

And in response, he put his head down into his arms and said, in front of everyone, “Shut the f–k up.” {end quote}

-----

Now I don't care how much weight a person loses/gains that is hitting way below the belt - major fighting words and a show of disrespect.

IMO, two wrongs don't make a right.  Perhaps her "Braxton fashion" gets on his nerves these days.  She could have simply said, "when I started to feel neglected"...anything but her usual jargon.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, iwasish said:

I hate to doubt domestic abuse claims, but I'm not too sure I believe Tamar's. It's been mentioned a few times before, but I also see that those two have a seriously dysfunctional relationship and know how to push each other's buttons, but if your spouse is beating the shit out of you and sending you to the hospital, I don't think you'd scream and curse at them the way Tamar has Vince the last few episodes. He might not hit you in front of people, but the cameras have to pack up and leave at some point.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

^^^ Hmm... Was it Tamar that claimed domestic abuse, or other sources?

Tamar Braxton reportedly upset with mother over comments about domestic violence - theGrio

https://thegrio.com/2017/11/09/tamar-braxton-mother-evenlyn-braxton/

Thanks for that link. I know Tamar hasn't publicly claimed domestic abuse herself, but this is the third or fourth time that her mother has made those claims and Tamar hasn't said anything about it. Tamar's done a few interviews since filing for divorce and claimed that things are cordial between her and Vince so if she knows he's not guilty of abuse she should release a statement saying so.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 5:26 AM, sATL said:

-----

If may be. However she constantly makes remarks to her friends, in front of Vince, that are barely veiled digs at him. And then plays innocent when he questions whether that was about him or not. 

Vince is no prize, but she’s way worse in my opinion, 

She wanted to see or call her father while in DC? How did Vince stop her? Instead of hanging with her crew she could have made that call. 

And all her show of whispering and resting her voice, bullshit, when she shrieks and screeches and contorts it when she’s putting on a show for her hangers on.

• Love 4

The #1 mistake is getting advice on your marriage from single friends. There is no way that her single friends can have the perspective needed to properly mediate or steer you in the right direction on your marriage. She should have gone to her married friends or divorced friends if she needed advice that Bad.  And for her to use her hangers-on...another really bad choice, sad to say, those 2 gay guys seem all like yes-men. Why does she have so many people involved  in her relationship? Every dinner out with people, they have a fight, and she looks at her friends for validation that ‘Vince is mean to me’. No one should be in the relationship but the 2 people in the relationship. How awkward for all involved. All that is a recipe for disaster. 

Why did they not try counseling at all? 

I mean, no matter what, the reality show tv relationship curse strikes again. Tamar & Vince just happen to be the latest victims.

Edited by Spiderella2
Added more
  • Love 5

Wow. Mama E spilt the tea. She's worried Vince may hit her "the wrong way one day and kill her." So that confirms he's been hitting her.... I really feel for Tamar. She praised Vince for not being like her ex who abused her so I can see why she's extra ashamed to admit this. She has a mouthiness that escalates arguments but that is never ever a reason to hurt her physically. It was disturbing when she had to grovel and apologize for sneak-posting a pic on her phone one season when they were on vacation and Vince had another tantrum about it. Seemed like she was fearful hence the sudden change to subservience and it was a pattern for this to occur. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

The scenes with Daddy & Tiny made me realize how much Tamar's family & true friends have been missing from the show (& maybe her life) lately. Especially at a time like this. I mean, she was in Atlanta. Where was Mommy & the sisters? That scene at the end was clearly a reshoot for continuity. Oh. No. Vince crashed. Into. A tree. It was like watching a bad telenovela. I like the hairstylist (although he should really be called a wig stylist) & the makeup artist. They're funny & supportive; but I've never seen them before this season & now they're in every episode. They also need to take it down a notch or ten; Tamar looks so much better with the more simple hair & makeup looks. She looked gorgeous with the short black bob & ridiculous with the poofy blonde at soul cycle. I never trust a hairstylist who can't grow hair. Allla that is not necessary when she's not on stage.

As far as Tamar vs. Vince--- #TeamTamar all day.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

Wow, this is so sad. I feel like they are arguing about a lot more than they are saying.  My suspicion is that it had to do with Tamar being fired from the Real. She claims she wants answers, that Vince is not communicating with her about her career, so she wants to retire completely. It’s just weird to me, because we all watched in Season 1 how she begged Vince to help her get her career off the ground. Now Tamar is rewriting history that Vince has been the problem all these years. That may be true, but her attitude doesn’t help matters. Even at the restaurant, I was embarrassed for them. 

The financial woes may also be playing a huge part. It’s been rumored for years that the Herberts don’t pay their bills, and they owe everyone from the makeup artists to the studios and audio engineers she worked with to record her albums. And their break from April & Shaun, is related to money. Tamar’s spending is not helping matters, knowing that they are owing millions to Sony. Perhaps the reason she is pushing for the divorce so bad is to keep her finances and brand seperate from the money issues Vince is going through. 

Her hangers-on, James & EJ are just using her and siphoning as much as they can get from her. Tamar is so stupid not to see it. For some reason they bother me all than anyone else on the show. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Wow, this is so sad. I feel like they are arguing about a lot more than they are saying.  My suspicion is that it had to do with Tamar being fired from the Real. She claims she wants answers, that Vince is not communicating with her about her career, so she wants to retire completely. It’s just weird to me, because we all watched in Season 1 how she begged Vince to help her get her career off the ground. Now Tamar is rewriting history that Vince has been the problem all these years. That may be true, but her attitude doesn’t help matters. Even at the restaurant, I was embarrassed for them. 

The financial woes may also be playing a huge part. It’s been rumored for years that the Herberts don’t pay their bills, and they owe everyone from the makeup artists to the studios and audio engineers she worked with to record her albums. And their break from April & Shaun, is related to money. Tamar’s spending is not helping matters, knowing that they are owing millions to Sony. Perhaps the reason she is pushing for the divorce so bad is to keep her finances and brand seperate from the money issues Vince is going through. 

Her hangers-on, James & EJ are just using her and siphoning as much as they can get from her. Tamar is so stupid not to see it. For some reason they bother me all than anyone else on the show. 

Your suspicions are probably correct re: being fired from the Real...especially if Vince knows the real reason why it happened. As far as I know (and I'm not one to surf the net for answers endlessly), nobody has given her a reasonable explanation except to say that folks couldn't relate to her. Very vague answer IMO.

If it's true that they don't pay their bills, then I don't blame EJ & James for hanging on. At least they'll get some $$$ from the show, if not directly from the Herberts.

It never ceases to amaze me how people like the Herberts continue to spend with no accountability.  If they owe Sony millions, I guess Tamar's concerts aren't doing as well as she'd like us to believe? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

However the "whore" in question has denied being with Vince, denies being pregnant and says her ex started the rumor.

Yes, the story is quite confusing at this point. Basketball wife Laura Govan is being named as the woman carrying Vince's baby. She has denied everything. However, in a deleted instagram post Tamar said the, ahem, woman told her she was having Vince's baby. So, maybe the media is just reporting the wrong name? Some receipts are in this article:

Tamar Braxton's ex Vincent Herbert 'expecting baby with Laura Govan' http://dailym.ai/2q2KpWK

Another interesting point, from the tmz article I linked earlier, Tamar states that Vince is not an abuser--- which goes against what Mama Braxton has said publicly.

Pregnancy & abuse speculation aside--- Vince went to JAIL on Christmas Day. Yikes!

• Love 1

Oh--- regarding the show: Vince found out Tamar rented an apartment & was moving out through social media. Ouch. Tamar said she didn't know how the story got out before she could tell him. Hello??!!? You filmed the whole thing for reality tv, Tamar.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Yes, the story is quite confusing at this point. Basketball wife Laura Govan is being named as the woman carrying Vince's baby. She has denied everything. However, in a deleted instagram post Tamar said the, ahem, woman told her she was having Vince's baby. So, maybe the media is just reporting the wrong name? Some receipts are in this article:

Tamar Braxton's ex Vincent Herbert 'expecting baby with Laura Govan' http://dailym.ai/2q2KpWK

Ah, I was wondering why the Tamartians are attacking Laura Govan on social media.  Apparently she turned off comments on her twitter/instagram, so the Tamartians just moved right on over to Gloria's page and started saying vile things about both of them and their kids.  The level of hate that gets spewed by these Stans is always shocking.  They enjoy escalating things way too much, and one day they'll take it too far.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Another interesting point, from the tmz article I linked earlier, Tamar states that Vince is not an abuser--- which goes against what Mama Braxton has said publicly.

Pregnancy & abuse speculation aside--- Vince went to JAIL on Christmas Day. Yikes!

This season is very confusing. Tamar has been harping on losing one's identity, but Tamar's bratty personality has overpowered both her sisters and Vince. I don't doubt there was trouble in the marriage, but this issue doesn't apply to her. I was also confused by her claims that her marriage appeared perfect. Mrs. Vain and Mr. Sour were never the vision of marital bliss.

• Love 4
On Monday, January 01, 2018 at 0:24 AM, Iguessnot said:

Mrs. Vain and Mr. Sour were never the vision of marital bliss.

ROFL !!!! Too funny....Accurate way of describing them, as an odd couple.

Hey Iguessnot!

I'm of 2 minds about ^^^this.

On one hand, God Bless Tamar! She looks good bald & it must feel soo freeing after all those years of extreme weaves & wigs. 25 years later, I still remember how great it felt to cut off my perm & wear a TWA (teeny weeny afro). The fresh air on my scalp, scalp massages everyday as I shampooed.... ah! Good times!

On the other hand, I never went bald. & I certainly didn't when I was transitioning. Now, there are some sistas who totally rock a bald head--- I'm not mad at it! However, most people transition from long, permed hair gradually--- into a short, Halle Berry haircut, or braids while your natural roots grow in a bit.

To me, it seems like she's going through some things (the divorce, etc.) & trying to reclaim her independence & maybe struggling a bit...

See how in that picture they put makeup on her scalp to make her look slightly less bald? Why wouldn't they just leave her a few millimeters of hair then?

Hmm.

10 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Hey Iguessnot!

I'm of 2 minds about ^^^this.

On one hand, God Bless Tamar! She looks good bald & it must feel soo freeing after all those years of extreme weaves & wigs. 25 years later, I still remember how great it felt to cut off my perm & wear a TWA (teeny weeny afro). The fresh air on my scalp, scalp massages everyday as I shampooed.... ah! Good times!

On the other hand, I never went bald. & I certainly didn't when I was transitioning. Now, there are some sistas who totally rock a bald head--- I'm not mad at it! However, most people transition from long, permed hair gradually--- into a short, Halle Berry haircut, or braids while your natural roots grow in a bit.

To me, it seems like she's going through some things (the divorce, etc.) & trying to reclaim her independence & maybe struggling a bit...

See how in that picture they put makeup on her scalp to make her look slightly less bald? Why wouldn't they just leave her a few millimeters of hair then?

Hmm.

Hey Nowvoyager,

That's the difference with relaxers. You may fry, over process or dry out your hair, but the roots are there. But with these weaves and micro braids, sisters are snatching themselves bald headed. Personally I hate the look of the weaves and I can't fathom ladies destroying their own natural follicles, just to glue fake stuff to their heads. I would look at Tamar's head, and there would be two to three inches back from her natural hairline before there was a sprig of hair to attach ten pounds extensions.  Versatility is nice, but beyond a point it's a burden. I cringe at how much time and money the spend clowning with their heads just to shoot this show.

• Love 1