Type keyword(s) to search

Tamar And Vince - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tamar and Vince try to sell an image of being a happily married couple over all, but I'm not buying it. I was totally put off by how Vince talked to Tamar during the first season of their show and all they did was argue. The show is overall entertaining, but that's not a marriage I would want to be in. Vince is verbally abusive, disrespectful and domineering. They don't seem like they even like each other or they are friends. I feel like a partner is someone who you should be able to talk to about your fears, concerns, insecurities, etc., and that person is there to uplift, encourage and support. Vince invalidates everything Tamar says and acts like a father more than an equal. I could never accept that type of treatment from a man. My man will treat me like gold (and I'll do the same) or we won't be together. Vince threatening to embarrass Tamar??? That means he really must go in on her when there are no cameras. If his treatment in front of cameras is that poor, it must be hell when it's off camera.

In my opinion, Tamar should leave Vince, but their lives are too entrenched. He has too much involvement in her business affairs, so it would be really tricky career-wise for her to bounce. I think Tamar probably feels trapped so she tries to play the role of happy wife and deludes herself into thinking things will be okay because the thought of leaving him and the repercussions are scary to her. I don't care what anyone says, that is NOT a healthy relationship. There is no respect there. Vince is a fan of Tamar's voice and likes the business aspect of their relationship, but they are not friends. I know we do not see 24/7 of their relationship, but the negativity that happens is too much even if it doesn't happen the majority of the time. Their dynamic is just ugly. I hope she leaves him and finds a man who will allow her to be herself and someone who truly appreciates her. Tamar has an extra personality, but overall I think it's fun. There is a way someone can calm Tamar down without being ugly and negative about it. It's not necessarily what Vince says, it's how he says it. If he feels he has to talk to Tamar like that he doesn't need to be with her. Them having the baby complicates things a lot.

• Love 1

I agree, Talented Tenth. Tamar gets on my damn nerves and I think a lot of what she does is because she loves being on camera but Vince is slick in his abuse. He rarely raises his voice and the threats to embarrass her are disgusting. I don't think Vince views her as his equal.

I was watching the season three episodes leading up to/after her labor and I found Vince's behavior disturbing. He didn't want her holding the baby, he didn't help her out of the car when they got home, he didn't want her touching the baby when he was resting, etc. Everything was about him and his feelings. He is so controlling. There's a reason she calls him Ike Lite.

Vince, like Tamar, reminds me of someone who got away with a lot of piss poor behavior when he was a child. Everything has to be his way or else. He negates her feelings when she has the right in a lot of situations to feel angry, frustrated, sad, and disappointed.

I think there's a lack of respect on both ends. I would think after ten years together they both would have matured.

• Love 3

I'm a Braxton Family Values fan and a Tamar and Vince fan. But I haven't been a religious, faithful viewer of either show. So, I admit upfront that I may have missed important stuff -- stuff that may even change my mind about people and circumstances.

But, for now:

Baby Logan is gorgeous and fortunate. He is surrounded by love...parents who dote and a grams who is willing to be with him for now. I love it and am grateful to see a family doing right by their innocent child.

I like Vince. To me, Tamar is a formidable, extra-strength personality . She has a real talent. To me, Vince keeps her grounded and, also, keeps her positive and real. I think if Vince were emotionally abusive, Tamar would have split long before the baby.

When Vince revealed that he would no longer cry on Fathers Day now that Logan is here, nor would he cry on his late parents' birthdays, I think he showed his authentic vulnerability and sweetness. Tamar seemed surprised when he bared his soul like that, but she went quiet and her face softened. She loves her husband.

To me, Tamar is a true talent, not an autotuned faux-wunderkind. I'm a Toni fan, but I appreciate Tamara's gifts too, and I hope she make it big.

To me, Tamar is an oxymoron -- an in-your-face, unfiltered loudmouth, yet, also, an emotionally-stunted, sweet woman. She postures, she brags, she demands. -- but she's scared to death. She's all third- person "she...this" and "she...that," but in her heart of hearts, it's the first-person "I" who scares her a lot.

I love Tamar's voice, and I hope her medical anomalies can be treated and fixed.

I do think Vince is the yin to her yang. The more exaggerated Tamar gets, the more Vince gets levelheaded and quiet. The more she freaks, the more he calms.

I think they love each other, but they're not openly demonstrative about it. Reality shows are such a pain in the ass. People who participate, in my opinion, have something to sell. -- a book, a CD, a personality, a fashion line, a career dream, an ego-stroke, etc. Some of them are money-hungry, some want fame (or infamy) at any cost, some are scared, bereft children in adults' bodies. All of them, in my opinion, are grabbing an opportunity -- a window opened to a Big Break.

Doesn't mean, though, they need to sell their souls. I think Vince walks that line, and I think that's ok with Tamar, too.

I hope they love Logan with everything they've got. That's all that matters.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

Bless the pool water because it has homosexuals in it? Really? Lashawn's homophobia wasn't funny the first two seasons, and the shit still ain't funny now. I'm really disappointed in Vince for not calling out his friend for that bullshit.

I used to like Vince, especially after he softened toward Tamar after that heart attack, but this season I find myself hating him every time he opens his mouth. Even his compliments to Tamar sound like they have a "but" at the end of them - as in "Tamar has a great talent, but she needs to listen".

Vince is just as much a drama queen as Tamar - the difference being that Tamar is louder, but Vince is more mean-spirited and controlling. What Vince does is far worse, yet Tamar gets all the hate from people? I guess a man can do and say whatever he wants, but don't let a woman speak too loudly.

• Love 6

^^^Co-sign everything. Vince is extremely mean. I understand him wanting Tamar to be off social media and enjoy the vacation, but his reaction was so over the top. I don't know how their friends can continue to be around them when there's ALWAYS a blow up. Vince showed what a man-child he is during that fight.

Lashawn is an ass. Tamar has a lot of gay friends. Even if he doesn't agree with who they are, he doesn't have to vocalize his homophobic thoughts/feelings. He can't claim to be "saved" and treat people that way. It's cruel. Even his wife was giving him a wtf look during their THs. He's embarrassing.

• Love 7

Some folks on other boards speculate that the LaShawn situation is like, "the man doth protest too much." In other words, why are you coming so hard for Terrell and his boyfriend? You got some feelings you want to share, LaShawn?

Whatever happened to folks waiting until after they are behind closed doors to fuss and fight? LoL Vince doesn't care, he will check Tamar publicly, in front of friends, her mama and daddy and anyone else. Which reminds me...if my husband spoke to me like that in front of my mother, brother, or father (when he was alive), they would have stepped to Vince with the quickness. You can speak to people and express your anger without threats or all the blustering that Vince does. Other than his ends, I'm trying to figure out what other redeeming qualities he has...

• Love 2

My husband and I used to be friends with a couple that argueD constantly. If they weren't arguing, they'd make passive aggressive comments. Finally, I told them that we couldn't hang out anymore. They desperately needed therapy. How Tamar and Vince's friends can hang out with them and not be bothered by the arguments is beyond me. Dissing your wife or husband in front of your employees and on camera is tacky as hell.

Tamar and Vince try to sell an image of being a happily married couple over all, but I'm not buying it. I was totally put off by how Vince talked to Tamar during the first season of their show and all they did was argue. The show is overall entertaining, but that's not a marriage I would want to be in. Vince is verbally abusive, disrespectful and domineering. They don't seem like they even like each other or they are friends. I feel like a partner is someone who you should be able to talk to about your fears, concerns, insecurities, etc., and that person is there to uplift, encourage and support. Vince invalidates everything Tamar says and acts like a father more than an equal. I could never accept that type of treatment from a man. My man will treat me like gold (and I'll do the same) or we won't be together. Vince threatening to embarrass Tamar??? That means he really must go in on her when there are no cameras. If his treatment in front of cameras is that poor, it must be hell when it's off camera.

In my opinion, Tamar should leave Vince, but their lives are too entrenched. He has too much involvement in her business affairs, so it would be really tricky career-wise for her to bounce. I think Tamar probably feels trapped so she tries to play the role of happy wife and deludes herself into thinking things will be okay because the thought of leaving him and the repercussions are scary to her. I don't care what anyone says, that is NOT a healthy relationship. There is no respect there. Vince is a fan of Tamar's voice and likes the business aspect of their relationship, but they are not friends. I know we do not see 24/7 of their relationship, but the negativity that happens is too much even if it doesn't happen the majority of the time. Their dynamic is just ugly. I hope she leaves him and finds a man who will allow her to be herself and someone who truly appreciates her. Tamar has an extra personality, but overall I think it's fun. There is a way someone can calm Tamar down without being ugly and negative about it. It's not necessarily what Vince says, it's how he says it. If he feels he has to talk to Tamar like that he doesn't need to be with her. Them having the baby complicates things a lot.

This.  Dipped in honey bbq sauce.

Girl if you didn't snatch every wunna these words right outta my mouth?  I don't think I've seen more than 3 episodes of this show total.  Last night I came across a mini marathon and caught the Cabo episode with Instagramgate.   I'm sure a personality like Tamar's can be a lot to handle.  A lot.  But listening to Vince whine and carry on and pack his shit and go on and on until the break of fucking dawn with his unyielding bitchassery......Er. Mah. Gerd.   I was like Shawn don't you dare stop him from leaving.   The hell kinda grown man acts like this?  Immature,  condescending, overtalking, relentless in his ability to carry forward a grudge who can barely summon up more than contempt for his wife.   I'm sorry no marriage in the world is heavily weighted enough for the same person to always be the one to apologize first.  Something truly love destructive is wrong with him for it to always be Tamar's fault.  Her issue is refusing to recognize her pattern for remaining in abusive relationships.    The comment about how difficult it was for every disagreement to feel like it may be the end?  Girl, you're in a fragile and shitty relationship.  If it ends, that would be merciful.  

• Love 1

I also watched Thursday's marathon, and, overall, I came away with a different view of Vince and his behaviors.

I like Tamar; she's talented, driven and has a good heart. But she is spoiled, too, with a need to be the constant center of attention. From what we see on the show, Tamar' s conversation centers around herself 95 percent of the time. The "she" business is amusing at first, but, to me, it wouldn't be surprising to know that those who love Tamar would get exhausted being around that stuff 24/7.

In my opinion, Vince does indulge Tamar quite a bit. He's focusing on her career with the production of the album, the tour, the talk show; he's with her ALL the time; and he seems genuinely tickled by a lot of her over-the-topness, EVEN when he's rolling his eyes or acting perturbed.

I believe Vince's BIGGEST capitulation to Tamar (in his mind) is his very participation on this reality show. I think he HATES doing the show, but Tamar LOVES the attention and publicity and the individual spotlight, so Vince is on board to make her happy. I think he probably gave her his limitations privately, and his temper flares when she doesn't remember to think of what he's asked her to do or not to do, while they appear on camera.

For example, on one of the latest episodes, the couple was having a disagreement about something -- I think Tamar was jabbering to others about Vince' s discomfort with the sexuality of her performance with the male dancer -- and Vince DID lose his temper. He started to say something like "I TOLD you not to discuss this......" then he cut himself off. I really believed he was going to finish by saying "..........on camera....."

Vince' s fallback complaint, I notice, is that Tamar doesn't give him respect, and my observations tell me that what he MEANS when he talks about respect is something like, look, I am giving you everything you ask for. It bothers me a LOT that you can't give back by remembering the few things I've asked of you. It tells me you don't care enough about my feelings, and it's disrespectful to me, as your husband.

Vince is NOT perfect, and he actually scares me a little when he snorts after a verbal meltdown, but, I think Tamar can be hard to take 24/7. Even her mom told her privately on the plane that Tamar was "too much," and to slow down.

I did like that when Tamar and Vince were arguing on the plane, mom and dad sat silent and blank-faced. That's the way to do it.

I would hope that all the group trips and dinners are for the camera, and that Tamar and Vince get alone time often. I think a personality-type like Tamar just feeds off an "audience" and feels empowered to act out all her stubbornness and spoiled-princess expectations. And Vince can be made to feel like an outsider in his own marriage, which is never healthy. In my opinion, he is actually a sensitive guy, with a soft heart.

On another note, I thought once Ben fired back Biblically toward LeShawn' s ignorant assertions, it did catch LeShawn up short and made him think differently. Both Ben and Terrell were such gentlemen and quite magnificent. And I saw a real, decent, heartfelt reaction by Tamar, too -- one of the few times she showed a genuine concern for others.

I will never abide or excuse domestic abuse of ANY kind, but I feel what I see on this show is exaggerated, fever-pitch, end-of-my-rope reactions. I think Tamar is a whirling-dervish of narcissism and attention-grabbing that must get exhausting. Luckily, she also has a tender, sweet side that's endearing and slows her down once in a while. Vince is insecure in many ways, even while being a successful, consummate music professional. He (and LeShawn) have come a long way from Newark, and I bet he succeeded without a lot of help from anybody. He's a self-made American success story, and he should be proud. But, he wants Tamar to understand him, above all else, and it hurts him when she forgets to consider his feelings.

Vince's loss of temper is WRONG WRONG WRONG, and the couple really needs to work on its problems. But I don't believe Tamar would have lasted this long with Vince if he were a true emotional abuser. I think she would have split long before the baby and her solo career. Just my point of view from watching this show and BFV.

• Love 3

I don't know how Instagram works and if you can get alerts from someone else's page, but how would Vince know Tamar was on IG if he wasn't on IG? Was he stalking her page just to see if she'd go on it? That was bullshit. Then he gets on his phone at the dinner table just to irritate Tamar. Vince is an immature ass. And his grown ass can't even close his damn mouth.

I thought of another example of Vince' s behaviors seeming harsh toward Tamar, while an opposite explanation is more likely to me:

After Tamar gave birth to the beautiful Logan, the family of three made its way home. -- Vince drove; new mama and newborn in the backseat.

At one point, Tamar' s sis ( I think it was Towanda?) called her cell, and Tamar began to chat. Vince pulled into the driveway, scooped up Baby Logan and left Tamar in the dust, still on the phone.

Then, later, the audience got to see Tamar exiting the car, complaining about Vince leaving her to her own devices, struggling to get to the front door. Vince has gotten lots of criticism for that.

I think the scenario was not as cut and dried as it seemed. I think Vince was already annoyed that a WeTV camera person was in the car in the first place. I think Vince would have appreciated Tamar letting her sissy' s call go to VM, and just enjoying her new baby and husband for a minute.

Once in the driveway, I think Vince left Tamar, still on her cell, while he scooped up Logan to introduce him to his new home, life, Nanny. (Btw, I think Tamar slipped when she referred to her mommy as the Nanny's assistant. She wants to portray Evelyn as primary caregiver, but I don't think so.)

Vince was SO proud and loving toward that beautiful baby, and I think it upset him that Tamar would rather phone chat than experience the once in a lifetime homecoming, with him, to the fullest.

Vince revealed his grief over the loss of his own parents that day, too. Is he an only child? I don't know, but his son means the world to him. Despite the fights and hurt feelings, Tamar will always be held in the highest esteem by Vince, in my view, for giving him his son.

I hope Tamar truly appreciates that, too. I work with shattered, at-risk families, and, imo, the top three reasons for the tragedies of their lives include absentee, noncaring, poof! In the night dads. Vince is for keeps, a true family man, and I respect him very much for that.

I think Vince was territorial over that baby and it was almost creepy. It was never "their" son it was "his" son. There was no "we" in sight. I don't buy that the WE cameras bothered him. They both signed on for not one, but TWO shows for WETV. If he felt that way he should have never agreed to a second reality show. Vince is just as dramatic as Tamar. I can't excuse her bratty behavior, nor can I excuse his. He's a jerk.

• Love 4

Instagram Theory I: This Instagram bullshit seems like it has nothing to do with Instagram. What a coincidence that Vince couldn't be found for 45 minutes, then he created a big blowup over nonsense, right when he was scheduled to go on camera doing yoga. I think that Vince was insecure about his body (wasn't he wearing a long-sleeve shirt in the pool and Shawn made fun of him?), but Vince was too childish and egotistical to verbalize those insecurities, so he had a tantrum to get out of the situation. As a former fat girl, I can tell you that public exercise and public eating were situations that I avoided like the plague - and I sure as hell wouldn't have done any of that on camera. It had nothing to do with Tamar's mouth or Instagram or Tamar being "disrespectful" - she hadn't said anything for her mouth to be the problem and his blowup was far too big for Instagram to be the cause. Vince has insecurities and he needs to deal with them instead of destroying his marriage and abusing Tamar.

Instagram Theory II: Honestly though, I'm thinking that Vince is creating drama for the show. This feels real for Tamar (I don't think she's that great of an actress to show hurt like that), but Vince was smirking and smiling when LaShawn went chasing after Vince the first time. When Vince came in the house to confront his wife, she apologized multiple times, yet the man who is usually quick to cut short conversations tried to drag the shit out. Then, Vince was sitting in the golf cart with his luggage waiting for LaShawn (or someone) to come out after yoga class and chase after him again so he could have his dramatic "driving his golf cart off into the sunset" moment. I think Vince is boosting drama for ratings.

At one point, Tamar' s sis ( I think it was Towanda?) called her cell, and Tamar began to chat. Vince pulled into the driveway, scooped up Baby Logan and left Tamar in the dust, still on the phone.

Then, later, the audience got to see Tamar exiting the car, complaining about Vince leaving her to her own devices, struggling to get to the front door. Vince has gotten lots of criticism for that.

I think the scenario was not as cut and dried as it seemed. I think Vince was already annoyed that a WeTV camera person was in the car in the first place. I think Vince would have appreciated Tamar letting her sissy' s call go to VM, and just enjoying her new baby and husband for a minute.

Vince revealed his grief over the loss of his own parents that day, too. Is he an only child? I don't know, but his son means the world to him. Despite the fights and hurt feelings, Tamar will always be held in the highest esteem by Vince, in my view, for giving him his son.

I hope Tamar truly appreciates that, too. I work with shattered, at-risk families, and, imo, the top three reasons for the tragedies of their lives include absentee, noncaring, poof! In the night dads. Vince is for keeps, a true family man, and I respect him very much for that.

Vince might have had those feelings about wanting Tamar to be all about the three of them in that moment, but that is exactly the problem. He is controlling. He thinks that his vision of how Tamar should behave, speak, walk, dress, socialize, and mother her child is the only way - and if she doesn't do it exactly how he wants, then she is being disrespectful and he feels justified to catch an attitude and publicly belittle Tamar. If Tamar were doing this to Vince, people would be all over her case saying that she is emasculating him. He defines disrespect as disobedience - and any man who thinks a woman should obey him is a controlling and abusive man.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 7

Instagram Theory I: This Instagram bullshit seems like it has nothing to do with Instagram. What a coincidence that Vince couldn't be found for 45 minutes, then he created a big blowup over nonsense, right when he was scheduled to go on camera doing yoga. I think that Vince was insecure about his body (wasn't he wearing a long-sleeve shirt in the pool and Shawn made fun of him?), but Vince was too childish and egotistical to verbalize those insecurities, so he had a tantrum to get out of the situation. As a former fat girl, I can tell you that public exercise and public eating were situations that I avoided like the plague - and I sure as hell wouldn't have done any of that on camera. It had nothing to do with Tamar's mouth or Instagram or Tamar being "disrespectful" - she hadn't said anything for her mouth to be the problem and his blowup was far too big for Instagram to be the cause. Vince has insecurities and he needs to deal with them instead of destroying his marriage and abusing Tamar.

Instagram Theory II: Honestly though, I'm thinking that Vince is creating drama for the show. This feels real for Tamar (I don't think she's that great of an actress to show hurt like that), but Vince was smirking and smiling when LaShawn went chasing after Vince the first time. When Vince came in the house to confront his wife, she apologized multiple times, yet the man who is usually quick to cut short conversations tried to drag the shit out. Then, Vince was sitting in the golf cart with his luggage waiting for LaShawn (or someone) to come out after yoga class and chase after him again so he could have his dramatic "driving his golf cart off into the sunset" moment. I think Vince is boosting drama for ratings.

Vince might have had those feelings about wanting Tamar to be all about the three of them in that moment, but that is exactly the problem. He is controlling. He thinks that his vision of how Tamar should behave, speak, walk, dress, socialize, and mother her child is the only way - and if she doesn't do it exactly how he wants, then she is being disrespectful and he feels justified to catch an attitude and publicly belittle Tamar. If Tamar were doing this to Vince, people would be all over her case saying that she is emasculating him. He defines disrespect as disobedience - and any man who thinks a woman should obey him is a controlling and abusive man.

If I could shoot you with a machine gun full of likes, you'd be dead right now.

• Love 3

This show exposes how emotionally/verbally abusive Vince is to Tamar, IMO. When Tamar was filming the 'At Home' segment for "The Real", Vince didn't want to participate and was limiting producers access to their home but was constantly hovering around in the background waiting for someone to mess up so that he could complain. He's such a spoiled ass.

Then in the studio he gets all creepy and whispers a threat of embarrassment in Tamar's ear like the abusive jerk I believe he is. Tamar's whole demeanor changed. I know Tamar has said she was in abusive relationships in the past and this isn't any different. He may not put his hands on her like the former men, but he's still abusive in his control. Tamar had a right to be upset that the song didn't sound the way she wanted. She's the artist.

I honestly wish this show was called Tamar and Terrell. I like watching those two together more than anyone else.

Also, the way Vince nods his head when he's feeling the music irritates the shit out of me. But that's just me being petty.

• Love 5

This show exposes how emotionally/verbally abusive Vince is to Tamar, IMO. When Tamar was filming the 'At Home' segment for "The Real", Vince didn't want to participate and was limiting producers access to their home but was constantly hovering around in the background waiting for someone to mess up so that he could complain. He's such a spoiled ass.

Then in the studio he gets all creepy and whispers a threat of embarrassment in Tamar's ear like the abusive jerk I believe he is. Tamar's whole demeanor changed. I know Tamar has said she was in abusive relationships in the past and this isn't any different. He may not put his hands on her like the former men, but he's still abusive in his control. Tamar had a right to be upset that the song didn't sound the way she wanted. She's the artist.

I honestly wish this show was called Tamar and Terrell. I like watching those two together more than anyone else.

Also, the way Vince nods his head when he's feeling the music irritates the shit out of me. But that's just me being petty.

This.  All of it.  Dipped in Cronuts.  But especially, lawd, especially:

Vince didn't want to participate and was limiting producers access to their home but was constantly hovering around in the background waiting for someone to mess up so that he could complain

What is with that walking back and forth through the only room in the house where she can film shit?  You narcissistic, deluded asshole.  You've expressed your disapproval.  Repeatedly.   So now get and then stay your ass out of our shot. 

Tamar is accustomed abuse, that's her deal but what's his excuse?  I'm starting to hate him for real.

• Love 3

Every time I look at Tamar, it strikes me that out of all of her sisters, she looks the most like Traci.  I think the reason that she and Traci butt heads so much is that they're each other's mirror image.  They're so much alike - they look alike, the eye rolls and tooth sucking and neck rolling, the duck lips, the attitude, the determination that they must be heard, the feeling that all of the sisters are against them.

Something in me wants to see those two hear each other out, patch things up and band together.

And every now and then, I'm struck by Tamar's heart.  Pain in the ass though she is, I think she may be the Braxton sister with the most natural compassion and empathy and desire to be excellent for the people who pay her bills - her fans.

• Love 3

Also, every time I heard that song from the video, I was like, "What?"  It sounds like the words are, "Do you love it [something something] when I'm rubbing your butt?"  I know that can't be it.  It has to be "loving your body" or something, but all I can hear is "rubbing your butt".

Tamar is accustomed abuse, that's her deal but what's his excuse?  I'm starting to hate him for real.

Vince seems to have nothing but contempt for Tamar. I see no love there. When she is enjoying a moment or content in any way, it's like he goes out of his way to bring her down. She's kee-keeing with her glam squad about her male back-up dancer. Vince starts WWIII because she's "disrespecting" him. She uses IG for a few minutes on the toilet, he finds out and then has a full on temper trantrum, nearly ruining a nice vacation. Tamar is afraid of dogs? His trifling ass brings a German shepherd home. Perhaps these are all scripted 'Lucy-Desi' hijinks, but I don't find their interactions funny or enjoyable, and they make Vince look like that evil husband from Sleeping With the Enemy.

• Love 3

There are moments when it's obvious they were absolutely friends first, usually when they're laughing at Lashawn...but it's also just as clear Vincent has issues.  Tamar can be too much, but lately he's been popping off on her when she isn't even doing anything. 

• Love 2

Perhaps these are all scripted 'Lucy-Desi' hijinks, but I don't find their interactions funny or enjoyable, and they make Vince look like that evil husband from Sleeping With the Enemy.

This. Is Tamar gonna have to fake her death in the ocean? To me there is nothing more disrespectful than invading personal space and embarrassing someone in front of others. He always does that shit when she's around her employees/collaborators. It's like he gets off on flexing his muscle(or gut) in front of people so that Tamar can know who's the boss.

• Love 3

I swear, if Vince wasn't "thickums" and didn't look like a petulant teenager, more folks would be calling out his Ike Turner-behaving ass. If this was a Tyson Beckford or Blair Underwood-type hissing threats and shaming his wife in front of company, everyone would say this is verbal abuse.

• Love 3

I suspect Vince is feeling threatened somewhat by Tamar's success. He may fear she'll do well enough to no longer need the advantage of a successful music producer hubby, and leave him, either for someone else or to just get out from under his thumb.

Tamar has always wanted to be a star and Vince has kind of strung her along over the years, I wonder if he believed she would have real success, or if he would just produce a vanity record for her and make her happy.

I'm not a Tamar fan, I find her incredibly annoying. In the past I've taken Vince's side usually, but this episode really showed Vince in a bad light. Even the producer from the REAL saw it.

• Love 2

Wow, I just saw the episode with Tamar's video shoot and The Real's in-home segment shoot. I usedta really like Vince - keyword "usedta." I saw another side of him that has totally changed my opinion. On the one hand, when he was watching the video shoot, he seemed happy with Tamar. But, that could just be possession and trophy wife happiness I saw on his face. Then, watching him act crazy about not wanting certain things shot, and scuffing his floors, etc...bottomline: Vince is totally controlling.

By the way, I'm announcergirl from that over-policed board TWOP. I was booted for a comment about True Blood. Whatever.

hammer,

This. Is Tamar gonna have to fake her death in the ocean? To me there is nothing more disrespectful than invading personal space and embarrassing someone in front of others. He always does that shit when she's around her employees/collaborators. It's like he gets off on flexing his muscle(or gut) in front of people so that Tamar can know who's the boss.

please meet nail on the head.

I swear, if Vince wasn't "thickums" and didn't look like a petulant teenager, more folks would be calling out his Ike Turner-behaving ass. If this was a Tyson Beckford or Blair Underwood-type hissing threats and shaming his wife in front of company, everyone would say this is verbal abuse.

p.s. I can't stand your ass for this:

Is Tamar gonna have to fake her death in the ocean?

LMAO!!!!!  and Lakewood?  Guuurl?  he is totally that dude.    Replace arranging monogrammed towels with obsessing over 1/4 inch nick in the hardwood floors and this mofo is the same psycho.   She gone need to learn tae bo like J-lo.

• Love 2

I think Logan is an adorable child. His eyes are beautiful and his smile makes me melt. He seems so sweet.

With all the back-pedaling from Tamar and Vince about not wanting another child last night, I foresee another baby in their near future.

I actually liked a lot of the clothes I saw in Tamar's clothing line. I especially liked the red and white dresses.

Seeing Benzino and his lack of neck made my pressure rise just a bit. So, him and his wife/gf/whoever get fired from one show and immediately jump at the chance to be on another show? Reality tv famewhores tickle me. I really don't care if April or LeShawn feel threatened by a new couple. They're all adults. Grow up. And if I have to hear about how "righteous" LeShawn thinks he is I'm gonna scream. That unfunny bastard thinks he has a free ticket into the kingdom.

• Love 1

I don't know how that boat captain didn't throw her ass overboard. What an overgrown annoying pain in the ass she is. Every time I start to think she may not be all that bad, she pulls shit like that. That and the fact that she looks like the Grinch.

I don't know how that boat captain didn't throw her ass overboard. What an overgrown annoying pain in the ass she is. Every time I start to think she may not be all that bad, she pulls shit like that. That and the fact that she looks like the Grinch.

• Love 2

Tamar really was annoying on that boat and this is coming from someone who is afraid of water and gets motion sickness. All of that freaking out was unnecessary, especially when I've seen her on boats on BFV and she was fine.

Benzino and Althea seem off to me. Althea's delivery of her words is weird. Like she praticed what to say but it didn't translate properly. Benzino seems unhinged and he is also incredibly stupid. He's a bimbo.

Terrell and his bf are the only couple with sense.

I could also care less about a baby storyline. I watch this show for ratchetness and house porn.

Tamar had me cackling and delighted during her A Day in The Life of Tamar first scene. She became on for the camera and I gained respect for her. She really is a natural comedienne. Then Vince ruined the mood which reminded me of how abusive men in my past have created that same sudden and threatening tension.

I fell off of Tamar & Vince for a minute (maybe it was all the unpleasantness & fighting) so I only just watched the last 2 episodes On Demand (the one where Miracle comes home & the couple's fishing retreat).

They made me happy! The baby is adorable, Vince is such a loving father, & T & V seem much more on the same page with everything. So kudos to them for riding out the hard times. Don't MAKE ME put a clip of "In Love & War" on here, people! (Ok, well, I probably couldn't figure out how to do it anyway. But! Dat song is tha bomb!)

The only odd moment was when Benzino & what's-her-face talked about how they got together on Twitter & at Hooters. Um, yeah, I don't know if I like them for this show. The Love & Hip-hop ratchetness doesn't belong here.

Although, I must say when Benzino spoke about his mother's passing, it sparked a real moment of tenderness in everyone at the table & in me. When the cutie-pie boyfriend stood up to embrace his makeup artist boyfriend & Vince said what he had to say....I was moved. I'll have to watch the episode again because I was in my feelings & may have missed some things.

Btw, was that the finale?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

Tamar really was annoying on that boat and this is coming from someone who is afraid of water and gets motion sickness. All of that freaking out was unnecessary, especially when I've seen her on boats on BFV and she was fine.

I wanted Ms. E to show up and slap the piss out of Tamar.

• Love 1

NowVoyager, I wore the Love and War album out! I listened to it every day for two months. And I look forward to her new release in 2015.

In spite of Tamar being super, "uber" extra and Vince behaving like an overgrown toddler a lot of the time, I do love them on the show.

I'm wondering the same thing. The fishing trip seemed like a weird way to wrap up the season.

Benzino and Hooters. IDK. That seems destined to end up in a murder/suicide.

Love Terrell and Ben.

• Love 1

That was the season finale, there's something called "Love thy Sister" on tonight. I really hope Tamar & Vince comes back for another season. Tamar's schedule seems pretty packed with taping "The Real." Alright Ike, keep Annamae working!

There are 2 new episodes of Tamar & Vince. I caught one On Demand & watched the other live tonight on WeTv. Everybody knows (trademark Phaedra from RHoATL) Tamar's schedule was out of control leading up to her falling out on "Dancing with the Stars." Now we get to see it going down blow by blow. Damn. I need a nap just watching her juggling all these jobs. I see why divas tend to have break downs---it's too much for one person! This episode revealed that Tamar was actually hospitalized for blood clots prior to the incident that was revealed in the press.

Vince spoke lovingly about getting Tamar a private jet from LAX to NYC so she could rest ahead of doing Wendy Williams. But, upon arrival Vince had to take the baby boy to the doctor, so he wasn't physically there to manage Tamar. He checked in often, but the team fell off....at one point they hadn't even fed the poor girl. (Where they do that at?!? Private jets typically have the most amazing special-ordered food. I mean, so I've heard.) Then she has to do this crazy radio junket, shuttling from station to station in Manhattan traffic. A DWtS rehearsal, a quick flight to D.C. to give a speech, back across the country, more travel talk regarding an upcoming video shoot, a live DWtS performance....Whew!!!

The DWtS performance was beautiful! I could watch it again & again. Vince is a talented pianist & Tamar killed it on the dance floor. So emotional. Even Tamar & Vince's bickering this episode had a loving undertone to it. I think they are in a good place.

These are the only two episodes we'll have for a while due to Christmas & New Years. There will be another new episode January 7. That one will show a video shoot & possibly Tamar's actual breakdown.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

Terrell is the old makeup artist. The one LaShawn was so uncomfortable around

Well whatever happened was a blessing because her new makeup and hairstylist is doing the damn thing. She looks her best with brown hair.

• Love 2

This is amy annual notice that Tamar's sisters aint shit.

How is your little sister clearly not in well health, and her husband has to send for you all to visit her? 

The show made it very damn clear who was and wasn't holding Tamar down, and I'd bet actual money it was Loni, Adrienne, Toni(ish) and her other friends, and not her sisters.

• Love 4

This is amy annual notice that Tamar's sisters aint shit.

How is your little sister clearly not in well health, and her husband has to send for you all to visit her? 

The show made it very damn clear who was and wasn't holding Tamar down, and I'd bet actual money it was Loni, Adrienne, Toni(ish) and her other friends, and not her sisters.

Playing devil's advocate here, but I wonder if they asked Tamar if she wanted them to visit, and she declined, as she didn't realize how sick she was, or maybe didn't want them to worry too much. She had Vince and her mom there, so the other sisters knew she was in good hands. Plus, Toni and Towanda visited her before the collective visit from the sisters, so it seems she had strong support. 

I do side eye Tamar for calling LaShawn and April out. I think it was quite shady of her to talk about them on the show, as opposed to telling them how she felt off camera. I kinda get the feeling the couples' friendships are 'made for tv' anyway. The way LaShawn panders to Tamar emphasizes that LaShawn and April are basically on Vince and Tamar's payroll, and as such, know to keep the bosses happy. I have been wondering when Vince, Tamar, LaShawn and April will fall out, as Tamar seems to fall out with many of these close to her.  I suppose after seeing last night's episode, either they've already fallen out, or will soon. 

Mama E was unduly harsh in her delivery even if she was right. Seemed not quite right that she was scolding her daughter for not appreciating her when Tamar lavishes her with her lifestyle. I know she was concerned but what set her off was Tamar being late and not appreciating their surprise. And why would anyone think it's a good idea to surprise Tamar after what happened last time with Towanda & Trina crashing her set?

Maybe LaShawn and April didn't visit and babysit because they'd think Tamar has immediate family for that, i.e., tons of sisters and a single mother to name a few--all unemployed.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

I don't thint Mama E was upset because Tamar was late, but rather that Tamar continues to work ridiculously long hours instead of taking it easy and taking care of herself. Mama E did crack me up, though, with her old lady rant on the differences between when a wife or husband dies. Her man hate is so bitter and so great.

• Love 2

I don't know why Tamar fell out with Terrell, but that was the best thing that ever happened to her. Her hair and makeup has been on POINT recently.

I think Terrell was just doing too much. Hair, makeup, stylist, assistant, confidante, creative director, bff, baby sitter, marriage counselor...

• Love 3