Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: The Misinterpretation Agitation

So...worth the $2 to download or no? ;)

I've downloaded every episode so far, except for the pitching episode, based solely upon the opinions found here. So far you've all been 100% correct.

No pressure or anything...

ETA: Okay, so that one was worth maybe 78 cents. BBT did nothing for me and needs to eat a sandwich, STAT, because he's looking much too thin.

It all started out pretty promisingly and then ran out of....everything. Sigh.

Why aren't you watching for free on the show's website? 

Is she obligated to wear it, otherwise it damages Leonard's sense of ownership or something?

That's jumping to a conclusion. No one said ANYTHING about Leonard's "sense of ownership."

I would probably be a little pissed if my fiance decided to hide the fact that she was married in order to gin up sales, without telling me. If she came to me beforehand and said 'this is the plan,' I'd be perfectly okay.

If she had an issue with it being a symbol of ownership, then she wouldn't wear it at other times, which she clearly does since she was wearing in when she walked into Leonard's apartment. The fact that she is removing it specifically to send a signal that she is single and available and flirting with clients makes it a different issue. I wouldn't be happy if my significant other was deliberately denying a relationship with me while flirting with other people.

This. Thank you.

Edited by photo fox
  • Love 1

I was hoping for a Halloween eppy, but I'm a sucker for that.

It seems no matter what a woman does that makes her famous, athlete, Olympian... someone says, "Wow that's impressive! ....Now let's see her neh-kid." (or in undies as this case may be.) So I was with Amy on this one even though it wasn't really her business what Berny chose to do.

I'm not buying Penny as a pharm rep. And it's kind of insulting to pharm reps who go to college and get a degree for their job. (Is that correct?) It's kind of like Jack on "Will and Grace" when he became an overnight nurse. Let me shutty.

• Love 1

If y'all want to argue politics, kindly take it elsewhere.  Unless and until TBBT has an episode relating to birth control, wage equality, etc., those topics really have no relevance in this forum.

I'm not handing out any warnings at this time, but keep in mind that this site is about television, not politics.

eta - I just deleted a bunch of posts and edited a couple of others to remove political content.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation in getting this back on track.

Edited by photo fox
  • Love 3

I'm not buying Penny as a pharm rep. And it's kind of insulting to pharm reps who go to college and get a degree for their job. (Is that correct?) 

I agree. Penny as a pharm rep is dumb. It feels like it is a plot point they just shoe-horned in so Penny would have something to do except be a sad drunk. I much would have rather had Penny get a role on a low budget sci-fi show that the guys loved. That way, they could have asked her stupid questions, ask for autographs, tour the set, etc. - the comedy would have written itself!

Ironically, that's how some of these scripts read.

• Love 5

I dunno, it makes a lot of sense to me that one of the friends would have helped Penny get a job and since the others are all working at universities where options are more limited that does leave Bernadette.  This is a sitcom after all, they are going to try and keep things cozy and not have too many different workplaces to deal with.  Maybe in the Real World Penny wouldn't make it as a pharmacy rep but in the Real World Howard Wolowitz would never have made it as an astronaut.  If Howard can go to space Penny can sell pharmaceuticals!

• Love 5

I'm not buying Penny as a pharm rep. And it's kind of insulting to pharm reps who go to college and get a degree for their job.

For most professions, what is a college degree but a certification that you're more likely to be successful at a particular type of job than the average person? It doesn't mean that you can step right in and do a great job - that takes training and experience - but it's important to somebody trying to pick from a sea of job applicants. If Penny can get someone to vouch for her instead, great (although it's a little inconsistent with all the digs Bernie takes). I suppose you can call it unfair to anyone who got their job "the hard way", but it's not insulting, and she's hardly the first to take the same route.

• Love 3

Maybe Penny can move into the field of neuro surgery after pharm sales.  :) Awesome.

I agree with someone upthread who said that Billy Bob would have made a good Mr. Cooper if they hadn't already written him as dead. Also, I miss Mrs. Cooper, but Metcalf has another show so I'm guessing we won't see a lot of her. Howard was funny knocking the doctor for the same things applicable to his own life, pre Berny  "He still lives with his mother."

Edited by ari333

... Also, I miss Mrs. Cooper, but Metcalf has another show so I'm guessing we won't see a lot of her.

I hope we'll still see her. After all, Christine Baranski has been appearing while she's on "The Good Wife." (Oh, wouldn't it be awesome if they met?)
  • Love 1

If Howard can go to space Penny can sell pharmaceuticals!

That's the way I look at it.  Most of the things that happen on TBBT, and really any sitcom, are not likely to happen in real life.  Although I would have liked Penny to have finally gotten a job acting, I'm really just glad they've got her doing something sucessfully.  I was really getting tired of stupid, drunk, can't even remember to bring Amy and Bernadette their restaurant order, Penny.

• Love 2

I don't see any reason why Penny couldn't use her acting skills to be an excellent sales person. She doesn't have to know that much...she just needs to be able to memorize certain  information.  And, clearly, the ability to flirt doesn't hurt in her case.  Have to admit I've never liked Billy Bob Thornton all that much, but he was good in this episode.  His easy transference to Amy, and her alarm, was funny.  I still like this show the best of all the sitcoms on right now (not saying much considering the selection).

• Love 1

Maybe Penny can move into the field of neuro surgery after pharm sales.  :) Awesome.

With Penny's drinking habit, she should probably stay away from anything requiring good manual dexterity. I'd suggest she could try teaching next, but big-name universities care so much about academic credentials that would be even less plausible. :)

• Love 1

Its been my impression that the pharmaceutical business has been using pretty sales reps to flirt with mostly male doctors for years. Certainly seemed to be the case on Survivor (i.e. every 'pharma sales rep' contestant on the show was a pretty sexy young woman).  I was totally not surprised to hear Penny did that, and was good at it.  People in commission sales use all sorts of methods to get their sales.

Yes Howard, there but the grace of Bernadette, would you be exactly like Dr. BBT (but with a much less cool basement).

Laughed at the photo of NDgT at the end.  Perfect!

• Love 2

I'm glad CBS didn't promote Billy Bob's guest spot. I liked being surprised, shocked almost. When he first walked into the building, I didn't recognize him. It took hearing his voice for me to realize who it was. Oh, and I wouldn't call his appearance a cameo.

I was glad too, it made it like an easter egg.  Whoa, that's Billy Bob!  He brought the perfect amount of creepiness to the character too.

I just saw this episode for the first time (thank you Comedy Channel for your endless marathon - and I do mean endless, it's been going on for days!).  Really liked it a lot.  Actually rewatching last season I'm liking most of the episodes better than I did on first run.

Anyway with regard to this episode - I loved Billy Bob Thornton (normally I find him a little creepy but that worked in this episode :) ).  A lot of good lines but I think I liked Bernadette's "Please don't go. Up until my vicious attack, you were the one in the wrong."  best.

Edited by Homily