Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Tara Ariano

Drumline: A New Beat (VH1)

Airs Monday, October 27, at 9 PM ET on VH1. From TVGuide.com:

A young woman from Brooklyn sets out to attend Atlanta A&T and become the first female section leader of the university's once-prominent drum line.

(I watched the screener and I'm pretty sure she's from Westchester, but whatever.)

What high school? I graduated from Hewitt - and many, many of my friends & relatives were in marching band! I used to go to football games solely for halftime.

This was so great, you guys! I'm definitely going to watch this. Fingers crossed that it becomes a series.

Million Dollar Band represent! I marched Baritone '92 - '95. Good times. Also, I NEED the TV show to happen now. Who do I write at VH-1 to convince?

@Starling: I went to Berry HS, in Hoover. Go Bucs!

@Fafolguy! WHAT? That is also when I marched (well, I was '91-'94). I was in the colorguard. Do we know each other?! Did I knock you out while running through the band with a giant shark fin during the movie themes show? DO YOU CRY WHEN YOU HEAR "AMAZING GRACE?"

I think we do know of each other, though I didn't have a ton of friends in the guard. I was primarily known for being the super tall, super gay guy in the baritone section. I managed to avoid the sharks, though when I hear "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" I see giant flags running end zone to end zone. And I still get chills and tears every. Time. Amazing Grace is played.

Oh, Hoover. I spent a whole lot of time out there when I worked for the Barons. <br /><br />I now want a show of the early 90s-era Million Dollar Band, if only to see someone running around in a shark costume knocking people over.