Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Repercussions

Can someone remind me - has Emily actually killed anyone? Because Victoria has at least 2 bodies to her credit that I can think of so she can stuff it with all this talk of Emily being the one causing death and destruction.

I don't think she's killed anyone directly, but there's quite a few deaths as a result of her revengy actions? Obvious one being faux Amanda. 

Based on David's convo with Nolan, David thinks Nolan betrayed him by not giving Amanda the money/infinity box (of course viewers know he did) because David thinks Amanda was poor (living above a bar). My guess is David wants revenge against Nolan.

All Nolan had to do while David was at his house, was to call Emily on her cell and tell her to come to his house and bring the journals/company picnic photo/watch with Vic's engraving/etc. because David is there. Then Amanda could tell him stories about her childhood/conversations they shared that only Amanda and David would know. Show him the infinity tattoo, the infinity carving on the porch and tell him the saying "Do you know how much I love you? Infinity times Infinity."

All Jack had to do was allow David in his house, but close the door in Charlotte's face and call Nolan and Emily to tell them David was there. Jack should have told David, I'm sorry but my son is not biologically your grandson, but Amanda loves Carl as family. Jack allowing himself to get punked by Charlotte of all people proves why his becoming a cop was Idiocy times Infinity.

And so much for the theory that he recognized the Jack/Amanda childhood photo in Ems' bedroom or recognized Emily as the real Amanda as she lay sleeping.

This show had me shouting profanities at the TV because Emily had the chance to be with her father alone to explain things on her terms and she blew it big time. All this stalling allows more time for Vic to gain control of the situation again, David dying before Emily (Nolan or Jack) can tell him the truth, or Charlotte fatally OD'ing and Vic blaming Emily for it; causing David to seek revenge against her.

Someone needs to put a red "X" on these writers' faces.

THIS POST perfectly expresses everything I felt watching this ridiculous episode. I am so frustrated right now by the bizarre behavior of all involved! First it's get to David, then David is right next door, and it's put on the brakes? And these adult men, friends of Emily's, not being upfront and just telling David the truth -- it boggles.

I also had the fantasy that Nolan just pulls out his cell, calls up Emily, and tells her to come right over. I, for one, am sticking to the idea that David will recognize his daughter once he gets a good look at her. Surely he'll see a family resemblance, and a resemblance to the girl he once loved -- something that has to have confused him about Faux Amanda,, who looks nothing like him or his wife. Granted, none of the actors are related, but in reality, people in families generally bear a resemblance to each other, and adults quite often look a lot like they did when they were kids. 

I just wanted his heart to recognize his own daughter -- each week I expect it, and each week I'm disappointed by the overly processed shenanigans.

• Love 1

I don't even know why I still watch this show.  For Nolan I guess.

I watch it for Nolan and Victoria. I keep hoping they'll be spun into their own show (after the rest of the cast die in a tragic Hamptons boat party disaster or whatever), which would be a more traditional soap about fabulously-dressed-in-brightly-colored-clothing richies in the Hamptons screwing each other over.

Edited by AndySmith
Didn't she kill the white haired guy that "killed" her father?

She didn't kill him after their first encounter at the end of season 1.  But then he came back and caused more drama, I don't remember how it ended that time.

"her shade of bitch, "Clarke-blocking us" - I sooo love GM's delivery of Nolan's lines. Awesome. Plus Nolan is displaying way more common sense/intelligence than Emily. 

I swear Daniel is dumber than a box of rocks, while still being an entitled ass.

I was really disappointed that car didn't take aim at Vic and Charlotte. And Charlotte acting like David is a father she knows and loves just makes me roll me eyes. Charlotte really is working hard to be just like her mommy. I felt bad for Jack, and David.

David REALLY is not all there. I love how everyone around David conveniently did not speak about the fact that Emily Thorne, who "had Victoria locked up in an institution", was Amanda's close friend.  

Amused by Vic's tears that her control over David is not absolute. 

I was thinking the same thing, about no one speaking about how they were in juvie together and were best friends.

Edited by mefirstuafter
  • Love 1

I thought it was better than previous ones. At least Emily is making some progress to get to reconnect with her father and sticking it to Victoria. More power to her.

When Daniel does something to spite Victoria, I kind of like him. Aside from that though, his storyline with Louise seems too removed from the main narrative though.

Louise is loopy but not in the interesting way that Tyler was in the first season. Whatever she's planning, she might as well get it over with now.

Margaux - I don't like her being rude to Emily or being easily manipulated by Victoria. Not much else I can really say about her.

Charlotte needs to go away now. That whole scene with Jack, David and Carl just proves she's a nasty piece of work.

More Nolan please. The scene with him and David was great, 7/10

• Love 2

We don't really think Conrad is dead, do we?  Not with Jack and Ben's boss warning Ben off from investigating it.

Of course not! We never saw his body, and on Revenge, that means he's fair game to come back. I fully expect that to be the second half of the season - David stored Conrad somewhere and that will be the mid-season finale - Conrad is back. Then the last half of the season is the battle between Conrad and David. And then, because there will only be 6 of us left watching, it will be cancelled. 

• Love 4
I laughed when the captain didn't assume he made copies of the files....

I laughed when the file was a manila folder with 12 pieces of paper in it.

I don't think that Gabriel [Gideon!] and Margaux are putting on an act, I think they really hate each other, but it would be a good con if they were acting together anyway as a team to take down the Graysons.  I don't know why they would except... you know, revenge.

That would be epic. Something the Season 1 writers would do. Not this crew.

No, Emily never killed anyone directly. That's been a key part of her character, that she does what she needs to so that karma can do its job. It's ridiculous to pin the deaths of Amanda, Declan, etc. on her. Is it her fault that Amanda murdered Frank to protect Emily's cover way back in Season 1? Emily didn't ask her to do that. So yes, lots of people have died, but Emily is not to blame.

Did Emily seriously think Charlotte was going to help her out? She tried to kill her like four days ago!

Maybe the crescent tattoo guy was hired by David, first to almost run him over and thus prove to Victoria that he still has enemies, and then to keep an eye on stupid Charlotte. The voiceover referencing "evil" could have been about Charlotte, not the guy. Probably not tho.

Boy, just when I thought Daniel and Margaux were getting along and having a mature, adult relationship, he screws Louise and then is so RUDE to Margaux. Oh my God what a douche. I hate him. I hope Louise stabs him with an ice pick.

I'm still mulling over the David thing. I feel that with each new person he talks, to--Jack, Nolan--he's kind of testing them, giving them an opportunity to speak up. When Jack didn't say anything, David made a point of saying he was a good man. What did that mean? That he thanks him for protecting his daughter's secret? Or was it sarcasm, as in I know you are lying? And Nolan tried to warn him that something was going on, is he just going to ignore that? Maybe Nolan did tell him but they decided to keep it a secret from Emily for now and next week's fight is just for show.

"Clarke blocking" for the win.

Charlotte: Hi. Here to see grandchild!

Jack: this is not your grandchild! Your daughter is still alive! Her name is Emily Thorne now!!

*scene deleted*

David:Hi Nolan!

Nolan: You're like a father to me.

David: Was tortured for years.

Nolan: You know Emily Thorne is your daughter? Guess not?

`scene deleted*

• Love 4

At this point, I'm pretty sure the writers have no idea what the end game is, and probably don't give a crap. They are just making it up as they go along. How can they expect the audience to care if the show runners clearly don't.

• Love 3

At this point, I'm pretty sure the writers have no idea what the end game is, and probably don't give a crap. They are just making it up as they go along. How can they expect the audience to care if the show runners clearly don't.

Julie, Lost pulled that off for about 5 seasons. 

• Love 1

THIS POST perfectly expresses everything I felt watching this ridiculous episode. I am so frustrated right now by the bizarre behavior of all involved! First it's get to David, then David is right next door, and it's put on the brakes? And these adult men, friends of Emily's, not being upfront and just telling David the truth -- it boggles.

I also had the fantasy that Nolan just pulls out his cell, calls up Emily, and tells her to come right over. I, for one, am sticking to the idea that David will recognize his daughter once he gets a good look at her. Surely he'll see a family resemblance, and a resemblance to the girl he once loved -- something that has to have confused him about Faux Amanda,, who looks nothing like him or his wife. Granted, none of the actors are related, but in reality, people in families generally bear a resemblance to each other, and adults quite often look a lot like they did when they were kids. 

I just wanted his heart to recognize his own daughter -- each week I expect it, and each week I'm disappointed by the overly processed shenanigans.

Major serious ditto. Emily realizing her father was still alive and the repercussions have been extremely underwhelming and poorly acted. It's been so disappointing and makes me barely able to keep watching.

• Love 1

Between the ludicrous hair and wardrobe choices, Margaux always looks like an idiot.   Every time she appears on the screen, it's like nails on a chalkboard. 

Had to get that out of my system.

I think Charlotte just needs a hug.

lol.

Edited by millennium