Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Repercussions

"her shade of bitch, "Clarke-blocking us" - I sooo love GM's delivery of Nolan's lines. Awesome. Plus Nolan is displaying way more common sense/intelligence than Emily. 

I swear Daniel is dumber than a box of rocks, while still being an entitled ass.

I was really disappointed that car didn't take aim at Vic and Charlotte. And Charlotte acting like David is a father she knows and loves just makes me roll me eyes. Charlotte really is working hard to be just like her mommy. I felt bad for Jack, and David.

David REALLY is not all there. I love how everyone around David conveniently did not speak about the fact that Emily Thorne, who "had Victoria locked up in an institution", was Amanda's close friend.  

Amused by Vic's tears that her control over David is not absolute. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Not as a good of an episode as I hoped it would be. The stories are dragging.

I had hoped they would reveal more of the truth about David Clarke.

This whole cop angle is boring and dumb. Too many side stories and side characters. So you get a little bit of story in the main stories you watch for, and it just isn't worth it.

• Love 5

I would not have believed that they could drag this out another week.  Now David wants Revenge?  Didn't he come to that conclusion last week (or was it the week before)?  I don't even know why I still watch this show.  For Nolan I guess.  Could I hate anyone more than Charlotte?

• Love 5

How many episodes do we have to endure where David visits everyone and is out and about no one tells him Emily is Amanda.  Don't understand the BS about him not being ready yet.  Hope slutty evil Charlotte gets what is coming to her.  Daniel continues to be an ass.

• Love 4

I would not have believed that they could drag this out another week.  Now David wants Revenge?  Didn't he come to that conclusion last week (or was it the week before)?  I don't even know why I still watch this show.  For Nolan I guess.  Could I hate anyone more than Charlotte?

I suppose killing Conrad Grayson was not enough revenge for David. Maybe he has dementia. He acts like it. What about trying to find out who ran him down? That is actually suspicious.

And just who does David think or wants to get revenge on now - for what? For the death of his daughter. Again, that was Conrad who killed "Amanda Clarke".

I do like Charlotte. The problem is they are not showing her motivation. Not a single scene between her and her father.

This show is frustrating.  Why didn't Nolan or Jack tell David that Amanda is alive and living as Emily? 

Like really. The drama of last week was the Emily couldn't get access to him. Now she has it, and they just stall for time.

I like Charlotte insofar as she is a plot device, but her motivations seem to change by the minute. Not ever really sure what she might do, but it never makes any sense.

• Love 2

I don't even mind that David doesn't know about Emily. But I sat there at the end with the scene on the porch, thinking or expecting them to reveal just a little more truth about this David Clarke. Lack of follow through is a real problem with these writers.

• Love 1
(edited)

Based on David's convo with Nolan, David thinks Nolan betrayed him by not giving Amanda the money/infinity box (of course viewers know he did) because David thinks Amanda was poor (living above a bar). My guess is David wants revenge against Nolan.

All Nolan had to do while David was at his house, was to call Emily on her cell and tell her to come to his house and bring the journals/company picnic photo/watch with Vic's engraving/etc. because David is there. Then Amanda could tell him stories about her childhood/conversations they shared that only Amanda and David would know. Show him the infinity tattoo, the infinity carving on the porch and tell him the saying "Do you know how much I love you? Infinity times Infinity."

All Jack had to do was allow David in his house, but close the door in Charlotte's face and call Nolan and Emily to tell them David was there. Jack should have told David, I'm sorry but my son is not biologically your grandson, but Amanda loves Carl as family. Jack allowing himself to get punked by Charlotte of all people proves why his becoming a cop was Idiocy times Infinity.

And so much for the theory that he recognized the Jack/Amanda childhood photo in Ems' bedroom or recognized Emily as the real Amanda as she lay sleeping.

This show had me shouting profanities at the TV because Emily had the chance to be with her father alone to explain things on her terms and she blew it big time. All this stalling allows more time for Vic to gain control of the situation again, David dying before Emily (Nolan or Jack) can tell him the truth, or Charlotte fatally OD'ing and Vic blaming Emily for it; causing David to seek revenge against her.

Someone needs to put a red "X" on these writers' faces.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 13

I got misty-eyed when Emily reacted to the song David was playing, such a touching scene!  I like this new Daniel Grayson.  Still a scumbag but at least he's a lot smarter and it was nice of him to get Margaux exclusive rights to David Clarke's story.  I like the idea of Charlotte becoming like Conrad, even though she's a horrible person.  I'm glad David Clarke is quickly putting the pieces back together and is forming a plan of revenge.  Like daughter like father.  Louise looked hot as hell in that bra and dress.  Too bad she's crazy but that's what Daniel gets for being a cheater.

(edited)

Another thing stood out to me when David was at Jack's house. David showed no interest in looking through the enitre photo album of Amanda (he never even asked Jack if he could keep the photo album for a while and return it later. Nor did he ask Jack if Jack could make copies of these photos so that David could treasure the pictures of Amanda forever).

Instead, he took one glimpse of the picture Charlotte showed him and closed that photo album lightening fast. Then David made the comment (referring to Carl), something to the effect of, "Oh yeah, look at that. He does have her eyes." He said her eyes not Amanda's eyes. Huge difference. It was not said as personal recognition on David's part, but rather from a clinically detached statement that never reflected on HIS daughter Amanda.

I thought that meant that David knew fauxmanda wasn't HIS Amanda. But, then it seems like his character flip flops in behavior and I get confused again.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 8

The disturbing thing about David Clarke is that he has no personality. Totally lacking in charisma. The man is one big blah. He comes off like a burned out hippie lost off the commune.

• Love 10

Who was that with Charlotte at the end?  Was that Ben?

I still don't understand why Nolan was knocking the door down demanding to see David.  He certainly had a right to be there.

So Ben is just ambitious?  I was hoping he would turn out to be a secret Grayson.

I guess David is not as sharp as I thought, because if he recognized Emily as Amanda he wouldn't have had that talk with Nolan. I can't think of any logical reason he would fake-out Nolan with the "my daughter was living above a bar" spiel if he already recognized Emily and is merely keeping it secret from Victoria.

WTF, David visited both Jack and Nolan, and neither one of them told him point-blank that Amanda is not actually dead, she switched identities and is now Emily Thorne? Jack didn't want to lie to David, then, um… what was stopping Jack from telling David the truth?

When Charlotte wanted to show David some pictures of Amanda and Jack's wedding, I thought she stopped being an insufferable little twit and was going to show David a picture of Amanda and Emily together to help him connect the dots. How wrong I was.

Oh, now Emily has decided David is not ready to know she's alive?

I can't even.

David better not be planning to take revenge on Nolan. The writers are being coy with this whole "the person I trusted betrayed me" thing in David's voiceover, though - they can still turn this around and have this "person" he's talking about be Victoria.

• Love 4

This show is just dragging, why did Charlotte pull that crap with Jack? why didn't Nolan call up Emily & tell her to come over when David was there? What the hell is Ben doing? And why has Emily suddenly decided to wait until "David is ready"? Seriously, how long are they going to drag this out?

• Love 3

Oh, now Emily has decided David is not ready to know she's alive?

I can't even.

This is the same post-season-one idiot version of Emanda who threw the laptop with Conrad admitting EVERYTHING into the ocean. #StillAnnoyed

David better not be planning to take revenge on Nolan. The writers are being coy with this whole "the person I trusted betrayed me" thing in David's voiceover, though - they can still turn this around and have this "person" he's talking about be Victoria.

This.  If David goes after Nolan he will be dead to me... which is what he should have been anyway.

I was so hoping the tool with crescent-moon tat was going to kill Charlotte.  Then I remembered this show hates me.

• Love 1

Awww Charlotte....daddy still doesn't like you, must hurt.  

David knows something, he spent about 15 seconds looking at wedding pictures of "daughter" who died.

I wish Emily would just tell him right now, I hate the suspense.

I also think the tattoo of the driver is going to play a role in telling us who the driver is and who he was working for.

• Love 1

The disturbing thing about David Clarke is that he has no personality. Totally lacking in charisma. The man is one big blah. He comes off like a burned out hippie lost off the commune.

I think the actor playing David Clark is doing a terrible acting job.

I don't know, maybe this is how he is supposed to play David Clarke.  The guy in the flashbacks is so animated.  Maybe he is faking so everyone thinks he is emotionally stunted and then when he finally unleashes his revenges he will be full of piss and vinegar!

• Love 3

Louise looked hot as hell in that bra and dress.  Too bad she's crazy but that's what Daniel gets for being a cheater.

I don't know, going by the conversation Daniel and Margaux had about keeping his only client happy, I think she gave him a free pass to sleep with Louise.

• Love 4

i am just hate-watching this show now. please dont tell me they are gonna drag this "not telling david emily is his daughter" thing till the mid season finale.

i wanna punch victoria's face and be done with this show.

• Love 3
I think the actor playing David Clark is doing a terrible acting job.
I don't know, maybe this is how he is supposed to play David Clarke.  The guy in the flashbacks is so animated.  Maybe he is faking so everyone thinks he is emotionally stunted and then when he finally unleashes his revenges he will be full of piss and vinegar!

This reminds me of the complaint that EVC was a bad actress when the show first started, but it turned out that she was deliberately playing Emily as very cold and unemotional because she was holding everything in. I think they are doing something similar with David, especially since we see the contrast in energy and emotions with present day David vs flashback David.

I was so annoyed that as David was making his rounds through the Hamptons, neither Jack nor Nolan said, "Hey, can you hang on for just a minute? There is someone who can tell you all about Amanda." I am willing to cut Jack a tiny bit of slack because Charlotte was there and he couldn't predict how she would react if he tried that, but Nolan? Come on, dude!

Equally frustrating was the fact that Emily has spent the last few days trying to see her father and once he was back at the beach house, she decided he was too traumatized by everything else to meet her yet. What the hell, Emily?

Ben is up to no good, but no surprise there. I totally laughed when the captain busted him for having those files.

• Love 3

I don't think it's as simple as it seems -- at least, I hope it isn't.  When David Clark looked at baby Clem (or whatever his name is) Charlotte asked if he didn't think that the baby has Amanda's eyes, and he said, "He has his mother's eyes."  That's not quite the same thing as agreeing that the woman in the photos with Jack is his daughter Amanda.  

I think David Clark knows more than he lets on.  Weird that no one has told him that Amanda is alive, and none of the silly excuses they're coming up with explain that at all.  Man hasn't seen his daughter in 10 years.  It's cruel not to let him know she's alive and well and just one house away.

I was convinced that when David Clark went to stab Emily in her sleep, he recognized her as Amanda.  And I don't think that he believes that Amanda is the same person as the baby's mother.  But if he knows that Emily is Amanda, then why is he angry at Nolan for letting Amanda live over a bar?  Unless he was trying to goad Nolan into telling him the truth?  Or, unless I'm wrong...

Also: New Cop isn't who he says he is.  Trying to solve the Conrad Grayson murder gives him an excuse to poke into things his character has no real reason to be interested in.  I wonder if he was driving the car that almost hit David.  Victoria certainly didn't seem to be fazed by the incident, so I'm guessing she's behind it, but it would be interesting if it was David Clark who engineered that near miss.

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 2

When did Nolan start channeling 24's Jack Bauer?  Maybe I missed when he took a baseball to the throat but lately every line he delivers is in an "urgent whisper".  I keep waiting for him to forget where he is and spit out "Dammit, Chloe!".

And why isn't everybody else responding, "What?  Speak up!".

• Love 4

I spent the whole episode thinking Emily's plan would be to call a press conference and blow her own cover. Let's see Victoria keep David from hearing about that. But I forget if there's evidence behind what she's done that would put her in much legal peril.  I mean, obviously the Graysons would sue for fraud but they're so unpopular that Conrad's death isn't being investigated at all, I have the feeling that most of the public would be on Emily's side. "I took on this new identity in order to clear my father's name, since the rest of the world had long given up on him. I myself have been personally put through hell by Victoria Grayson, who, knowing I had seen her steal my father's laptop, paid off a child psychologist to effectively torture me into hating my father. When I was shot last summer it was Daniel Grayson holding the gun and he did it not because he had any idea of my identity, but because he was drunk and had found out I wasn't pregnant. Oh, and Victoria Grayson personally smothered my lover to death and left his body on my couch."

• Love 5

I got a weird feeling when David was talking to Nolan, and for a second there I thought he might kill Nolan (in which case I'd be done with the show). But that makes me think the "trusted" person he's going after for revenge is Nolan. And possibly Jack too.

• Love 1

I thought for sure when David was in the beach house having flashbacks to his young self and little Amanda, that he would flash to seeing the framed photo of little Amanda and little Jack when he broke into the mansion to stab Emily Thorne - and then we'd get an "OMG" flash of recognition in his eyes. 

He didn't even ask to hold little Carl, which I thought was very odd. I wonder if he was testing Nolan when he asked why Amanda was living above a bar - maybe he was looking for confirmation that the woman who died was an imposter? I saw the preview second of David and Nolan, but I assumed it was David being furious that this kid he trusted didn't immediately 'fess up that Amanda is alive and out there in the world.

Charlotte wasn't trying to help David and doesn't actually care about him. She took David to see Jack and Carl so Jack would feel uncomfortable and possibly guilty. I think she just likes the idea of a daddy upgrade because she has realized Conrad was a monster.

I suppose it's way too much to hope that both Daniel and Charlotte get killed thanks to their own stupidity (re: the opposite sex)? 

• Love 2

When did Nolan start channeling 24's Jack Bauer?  Maybe I missed when he took a baseball to the throat but lately every line he delivers is in an "urgent whisper".  I keep waiting for him to forget where he is and spit out "Dammit, Chloe!".

And why isn't everybody else responding, "What?  Speak up!".

Thought it was just me, love Nolan hate the new whispering thing.

• Love 1

I take back everything I said about wanting a happy ending for Emily, Jack, David, and Nolan. Everyone on this show is too stupid to live.

Emily has her father alone next door playing their song and she doesn't go over and say "'sup dad!"...BECAUSE REASONS. WTF.

As usual, the villains get away with everything and the good guys get nothing.

One or two more episodes of dragging this shit out for literally no good reason and I'm out.

• Love 5

Oooh, good catch on the tattoo on Charlotte's one-night stand, Sarah D Bunting!  Like you, my eyes cloud over in Charlotte's scenes, and I totally missed that.  

So whoever is trying to run David over is also setting up Charlotte.  I can't think of any character who would be after both those two.  Even if David set up that near-miss accident, I have a hard time thinking he'd try to take down Charlotte, his own daughter.  Ditto Victoria.  This is actually intriguing.

• Love 1

Oooh, good catch on the tattoo on Charlotte's one-night stand, Sarah D Bunting!  Like you, my eyes cloud over in Charlotte's scenes, and I totally missed that.  

Yeah, I def. think they want us to remember that tattoo (from David's almost-hit-and-run driver) because the camera lingered on it for a moment as the dude helped Charlotte "Clarke" into the car.  I was all "she's too stupid to live" when tattoo dude told her he couldn't believe he was going home with Charlotte Grayson. 

You know, with Charlotte's drug use pretty much out in the open, if Tattoo Guy had roofied her in that club, she'd have a hard time getting anyone to believe her.

I keep thinking about the photos that Gabriel guy took of Charlotte in bed with cocaine on the nightstand.  I wonder if Margaux could be the one acting via Tattoo Guy to set the Graysons up.  I don't think that Gabriel and Margaux are putting on an act, I think they really hate each other, but it would be a good con if they were acting together anyway as a team to take down the Graysons.  I don't know why they would except... you know, revenge.  Maybe their mother killed herself over Pascal being in love with Victoria?  Remember, no matter how thin a plot premise might be, all is apparently explained by how irresistible Victoria's vajayjay is to all men everywhere.

• Love 1

New Cop isn't who he says he is. Trying to solve the Conrad Grayson murder gives him an excuse to poke into things his character has no real reason to be interested in. I wonder if he was driving the car that almost hit David.

Ben wasn't the one driving the car. The camera specifically zoomed in on the tattoo on his left hand as he drove by and again in the scene where he is with drunk/high Charlotte outside a club (as Jiggle Billy pointed out earlier).

I think David is an idiot even if he was planning his revenge on Victoria. He was in prison for a decade and he still believed in her.

We discovered that David recognized Daniel by sight. Considering how Daniel and Emily were connected for the past few years together (engagement, marriage, and divorce), he knows exactly what Emily looks like. If doesn't know that Emily is really his daughter, then he is an idiot. If he knows that Emily is daughter, he is an idiot for not going to her.

• Love 2

I can't bear Victoria always landing on her feet.  I need her humbled, and soon.

I can't stand Charlotte.  The actress has neither the nuance or subtlety to be Conrad, Jr.  She's a spoiled, shallow, selfish rich girl. I think she's shaping up to be a lovely sociopath.  Conrad and Victoria should be so proud of the two brats they raised. 

Show him the infinity tattoo, the infinity carving on the porch and tell him the saying "Do you know how much I love you? Infinity times Infinity."

Didn't Emily destroy that carving with a knife?

Why hasn't David's wife shown up?

Because somebody up there loves me?

If I never see Emily's mother again, it'll be too soon. I'd rather leave that plot line dangling, thanks.

• Love 3

I think David is an idiot even if he was planning his revenge on Victoria. He was in prison for a decade and he still believed in her.

We discovered that David recognized Daniel by sight. Considering how Daniel and Emily were connected for the past few years together (engagement, marriage, and divorce), he knows exactly what Emily looks like. If doesn't know that Emily is really his daughter, then he is an idiot. If he knows that Emily is daughter, he is an idiot for not going to her.

But right now, do we know who cresent moon tattoo guy is?  If he is the same guy that is going to get in a cab with Charlotte, thats probably not part of what Victoria paid for, so perhaps someone is after David and he doesn't want to put Emily in the middle.  Crescent moon tattoo guy may be funded by someone else, it could be the same people hiring Jack's partner to do whatever.  He has no idea yet what she has done, or what she is capable of, even if he puts two and two together, the most he may know is that she is rich and has a good life, he may have no idea she is such a badass.

All Nolan had to do while David was at his house, was to call Emily on her cell and tell her to come to his house and bring the journals/company picnic photo/watch with Vic's engraving/etc. because David is there.

I know.  I totally didn't get why he didn't do that.  Or hell, why didn't Jack tell David the truth right in front of Charlotte and out her as a liar?  People on TV shows sometimes don't think.  Maybe they thought Emily would want to tell him herself? Is that proper ettiquette for telling people who come back from the dead that about their family?

I have a feeling we are going to get a scene where Emily and David meet without him knowing who she is.  Then he'll notice the tattoo and get all curious about it.

This reminds me of the complaint that EVC was a bad actress when the show first started, but it turned out that she was deliberately playing Emily as very cold and unemotional because she was holding everything in. I think they are doing something similar with David, especially since we see the contrast in energy and emotions with present day David vs flashback David.

But at least we know Emily was out to get revenge on the Graysons and that she always had a plan.  With David I have no idea what he's thinking about anything.

Other than Nolan's "Clark blockng", the rest of this episode was boring and predictable. Victoria and Charlotte look smug because they keep winning. Jack and Nolan dont tell David the truth because they are waiting for Emily to do it, which now she decides not to. Daniel cheats, Ben creeps, and David bores. I was really hoping Charlotte got picked up by a serial killer, but from the previews, she is still F-ing ALIVE. Come on show, give me a reason to keep watching.

• Love 1

I actually really loved this episode (idiocy aside) and it's my favorite of the season so far. The season is finally starting to hit it's stride and settle into a status quo (David's mission to get revenge for Amanda). Sure people have to act like idiots for this status quo to work but at least it's only until episode 10. Maybe it's just the consistently great music choices that are swaying me (I'm still trying to figure out the name of a song that was playing during a scene with  Margaux).

One thing I do find hilarious though is just how little the characters care about people overhearing them at this point. Emily asking Victoria where her father is while two police officers are standing behind her, Charlotte and Emily heatedly discussing their father in the middle of the lobby, David and Victoria discussing his murder of Conrad amidst swarms of paparazzi. Apparently noone eavesdrops in the Hamptons lol.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I've ever hated a TV character as much as I hate Charlotte Grayson, which is a serious misstep by the writers because for many seasons I very much looked forward to Emily and Charlotte reconciling. Vapid and weak willed I could accept, these were things that exposure to Emily as her sister may have solved, but downright sinister, murderous and nasty is another thing entirely. Yet I'm sure the writers will expect us to swing back into her corner next week when she's kidnapped or whatever.

I'm not sure what the writers think they are achieving by making basically every character bar Nolan unlikable. Emily is still root-able in spite of everything only because the actress does such a damn good job. 

• Love 4

Can someone remind me - has Emily actually killed anyone? Because Victoria has at least 2 bodies to her credit that I can think of so she can stuff it with all this talk of Emily being the one causing death and destruction.

• Love 2

Can someone remind me - has Emily actually killed anyone? Because Victoria has at least 2 bodies to her credit that I can think of so she can stuff it with all this talk of Emily being the one causing death and destruction.

Now that you mention it, I don't think so.