Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Parental Guidance Suggested

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

The NCIS team must determine if the murder of a Navy commander’s wife is linked to her profession as a therapist or an act of terrorism after finding the commander’s name on a Jihadist target list. The team discusses Halloween costumes and Tony’s recent dating habits.

• Love 1

I missed half of this episode, dang it :(.

But what I've seen so far has been good.

I appreciated how they handled Tony and Ziva's friendship/relationship. They handled it in a MUCH better way than what CSI did in regards to Gil and Sara. Bravo you guys, bravo! Keep it up.

• Love 1

My sentiment exactly, that the episode was creepy but I still liked it.  Never in a million years would I ever think I'd utter these words but Bronson Pinchot had some acting chops.  And the ending with the kid, wow, I never saw that coming.  It sort of reminded me of the end of the episode where the woman's long missing husband was found in a chimney and he was thought to be a serial killer but it ended up she was the one.  The slow turn she gave to Fornell still freaks me out.

• Love 7

Totally agree on that episode with the toe in the stomach and the reveal ::shivers::

I admit they got me. i was hopping from one guess to the next. And nice twist for a Halloween episode that a kid Gibbs bonded with (as ever) turned out to be the killer. I was saying that she seemed too old to be so childish with the safe place and hiding under the table and that makes sense now; total front.

But, OMG, those cups of hot chocolate; could they be more obviously empty? She didn't drink from hers so at least put some water in to weigh it down.

• Love 1

It could have been utter schlock after hearing that Ducky has his "thing" going and I'd have been okay with that...

Please, show, some relationship happiness for Tony.

Yes, the change in her facial expression reminded me of the aforementioned woman perp. That one still gets me too. I was expecting the perp to end up being someone we hadn't heard of, like there's McGee at the computer somehow figuring out that the neighbor's *wife* caught wind of I don't know what and then they barge in on her about to off someone else, so totally did not expect them hauling the girl back in. Nice twist!

• Love 1

I really didn't like the ending.  I thought it might be the neighbor.  The girl seemed too young to me to suddenly be pulling that "I'm just a sweet little girl" line on Gibbs at the end.  I didn't think it was believable and really seemed dragged in out of left field due to it being Halloween week. Also, were we supposed to believe she inflicted all those injuries on herself?  A kid who looked about 8? And how did she get the gun out of the safe?

Too bad because I've been liking this season overall.  Tony's possible new girlfriend does seem like a positive development.  And as mentioned last week, I like that Bishop has become more human and with things still to learn. (Last year she could have dressed up as Wonder Woman!)

• Love 1

He was the serial killer they visited on prison. It was driving me nuts, trying to figure out who he was, so instead of deleting it from the dvr right away, I went back and looked at the ep credits in the beginning until I saw his name. He was really good in the part.

As for the daughter, definitely creepy, but a bit overplayed. She plotted everything out a bit too much for someone of her age, I thought. Give her another few years and I would have bought it.

Enjoyable episode. 

• I am so glad that they are back to writing woman finding Tony attractive versus the "women are turned off by Tony" thing they had going for quite a while there.   Even when Michael Weatherly was "fluffier"  that was a stretch given how handsome he is.  It really would be one now. On top of that he and Keats had great chemistry.  No to mention she seemed to not only have a genuine affection towards him but also respect him, versus seeming to only tolerate him.  Beyond that it was huge bonus that she had no problem holding her ground with Gibbs (in a professional way) when he was clearly out of line.

• It is refreshing that Bishop (the woman on the field team) is used in the comedy of the episode just like the guys are.  Like her trying to kick the door down while having the key card and Keats thinking Bishop was hitting on her.  

• The Tony/Abby heart to heart was lovely.  It has been too long since the last one of those.  I really like Abby when she is acting more like a grown up - something that has been better the last couple of episodes.

• Gibbs treating Tony like his SFA and the others following suit is also great.  My favorite interplay among the field team in this episode was either Tony saying "heads up" to Bishop and tossing her the remote and then prompting her to give a de-brief or Tony and McGee guessing all of Bishop's and Jake's couple costumes. 

• Word to Tony's mini-rant about the whole couples costume thing.  He and I are on the same wavelength there

• My only miss for the episode was the actress playing the little girl.  She came off as wooden more than creepy to me.  
Edited by camussie
  • Love 5

And nice twist for a Halloween episode that a kid Gibbs bonded with (as ever) turned out to be the killer.

I felt bad for Gibbs. Here he was bonding with a girl who could have been his daughter's age, and she ends up being the complete opposite -- a stone cold sociopath. SO creepy I felt the chill all the way through my arms. She had absolutely no feelings whatsoever. Poor Gibbs.

I love how Bronson Pinchot's character kept trying to rattle Tony during that interrogation, especially his first comment about enjoying a little Italian. Tony looked a bit unsettled after that. Heeeee. Creepy!

• Love 1

Good episode-- I'm liking this season a lot. The team interactions are good and I think Bishop has settled into a good place without overshadowing the team. I liked her trying to take down the door and Tony reminding her to use the keycard. I also liked Tony and Tim teasing her about her couples Halloween costume ideas.

Like Tony and Abby having a chat about Ziva-- and I liked the chemistry between Tony and his old partner. She could stick around.

The serial killer was super creepy-- supremely well acted.

I think the girl was played by the same actress who was on The Intruders-- she was creepy there and I wasn't surprised she ended up being the killer. Because I recognized the neighbor I initially thought maybe he and the mom were having an affair; I was glad he didn't turn out to be the killer.

• Love 5

Balki! He played cannibal nut so chilling. I love how Tony seemed unsettled with the Italian comment.

Glad that Abby and Tony had the Ziva talk. It was much needed, and the new girl has promise. She has fantastic chemistry with Tony.

Lots of nice, light moments with the team along with a great case. I recognized the husband and neighbor so suspected either. I can see the girl being a sociopath- I still remember seeing a 7 year old bipolar patient who creeped me out with his lifeless face. Kids can be young and have psychiatric problems.

• Love 3

The whole show feels like that not only are the actors having fun again but the writers are too.  They aren't boxed into the whole "will they or won't they" Tiva stuff.  That wonderful heart to heart with Abby seemed like it was the final goodbye to Ziva.  They acknowledged she was gone and wasn't coming back and that it was ok to move on.
I like the way they have sort of done a rewind on Bishop.  It really does seems like the show listened to fan feedback and toned her "wonderfulness" down.  She fits in much better now and her Probie status is allowing for some great scenes with Tony and McGee.

The Keats character is a much better match for Tony than the FBI chick from a couple of weeks ago.  Part of me thinks she was a red herring.  FBI chick was announced as "Tony's love interest and had people up in arms all summer.  She appears and no one really liked her, then Keats is cast with little or no fanfare but with much better chemistry and a past with Tony,     Now fans can "like" Keats without being Ziva disloyal because Keats is better for Tony than Lea

Where is Jimmy?

• Love 5

I am so loving this year.  Since I recognized both the neighbor and the husband I was a little up in the air about which was the bad guy.  It wasn't until they arrested the father that I realized it was the little girl.  Very creepy and very well done show.  Gibbs was heartbroken and in his own way, horrified. 

Love the entire team and how they act together.  Really cracked up at Bishop trying to kick down the door.  It was gently humor and while at her expense, not horribly so.  She came off as a little flustered because she is still so new, she did not come off as a complete idiot. 

The talk between Tony and Abby was great.  I also loved Tony looking at the Star of David necklace and simply replacing it.  I didn't hate Tiva, but they wrote it so poorly it hurt.  If they had written Tony as they are now that pairing could have been very interesting. 

•I am so glad that they are back to writing woman finding Tony attractive versus the "women are turned off by Tony" thing they had going for quite a while there.   Even when Michael Weatherly was "fluffier"  that was a stretch given how handsome he is.  It really would be one now.

I so agree with that.  That was one of the things that used to bother me the most.  Don't tell me, constantly, that I am stupid, ignorant and blind.  It's irritating.  To have women instantly, before he has even opened his mouth, to be turned off by someone as handsome and affable as Tony is just ridiculous.   I can see, if you don't like that type of person to eventually be annoyed by him, but it would so not be a knee jerk reaction by every single solitary woman who crossed his path.  And it wasn't in the first 5 seasons of this series.

Edited by Shadda2
  • Love 2

thank you Shadda, I completely agree.  Except for the Tiva, I hated that storyline and the whole concept.  Now, can we all just forget that Ziva existed like so many other shows?

When they went to arrest the father I suddenly guessed it had to be the kid.  I t reminded me a lot of some of the CSI evil kid stories of years past.  I did suspect the neighbor for a few minutes but the fact that the father cooperated so completely with the arrest clued me in.

• Love 1
Love the entire team and how they act together.  Really cracked up at Bishop trying to kick down the door.  It was gently humor and while at her expense, not horribly so.  She came off as a little flustered because she is still so new, she did not come off as a complete idiot.

I think a big part of that is how they have Tony and Tim react to her "probie" moments.  They gently chide her instead of treating her with disdain.  To me that is the biggest change we have seen.  The current field team all seem to like and respect each other.  I couldn't say that for a few seasons there.  

• Love 4

When NCIS went to interview the Bronson Pinchot character (whom I did not recognize - he was brilliant there) and found out Valerie was seeking help from him about someone who really worried her, I figured it was the daughter.  She was just so cold and uncaring about her mother's death and was so looking forward to her father coming home that it seemed very unnatural to me, even for a tv child.   And as Linderhill says, all those evil kids on CSI came to mind:)

I suspect that the father was going to kill the daughter and then himself but they caught up with them before he could do it.

I really enjoyed the Abby/Tony discussion - it was very sweet and maybe will finally put an end to Ziva angst. Can't say I really took to Zoe when she first showed up but, later on, when she reminded him that he left without even saying goodbye, I liked her much better.

• Love 3

I immediately thought it had to be the little girl from the beginning--that's a pretty regular CSI trope as others have mentioned--but then I started really second-guessing myself as the episode went on.  The despair in the father's eyes at the rest stop sold me though.  He was willing to confess to the murder, but I was left unsure if that was because he didn't want his daughter to take the fall, or because he wanted protective custody from his daughter once he found out what she was and what she was capable of doing. 

I'm on the fence about the new woman, former Philly cohort.  I liked the actress, but the character seemed a little too cocky to me.  A little...mean...I guess.  We don't know much about Tony's time in Philly, but it's been alluded to have been a painful experience, and Keats seemed to make some veiled references to that.  Maybe I'm reading that in.

Awesome, creepy scene in the prison talking with the serial killer.  Awesome.  Everyone was firing on all cylinders in that scene.  At first I thought it was Bronson Pinchot because in some of the initial camera angles the resemblance was striking, but then as the scene went on,  I was all naaaaah, he's not using even a hint of his usual schtick, can't be him.  That was stellar, Balki, just stellar.  Bravo.

• Love 2

When NCIS went to interview the Bronson Pinchot character (whom I did not recognize - he was brilliant there) and found out Valerie was seeking help from him about someone who really worried her, I figured it was the daughter.  She was just so cold and uncaring about her mother's death and was so looking forward to her father coming home that it seemed very unnatural to me, even for a tv child.   And as Linderhill says, all those evil kids on CSI came to mind:)

I suspect that the father was going to kill the daughter and then himself but they caught up with them before he could do it.

I really enjoyed the Abby/Tony discussion - it was very sweet and maybe will finally put an end to Ziva angst. Can't say I really took to Zoe when she first showed up but, later on, when she reminded him that he left without even saying goodbye, I liked her much better.

Yea it was handled with some class and respect, which I really appreciated.

thank you Shadda, I completely agree.  Except for the Tiva, I hated that storyline and the whole concept.  Now, can we all just forget that Ziva existed like so many other shows?

When they went to arrest the father I suddenly guessed it had to be the kid.  I t reminded me a lot of some of the CSI evil kid stories of years past.  I did suspect the neighbor for a few minutes but the fact that the father cooperated so completely with the arrest clued me in.

I do that in regards to Gil and Sara on CSI. In fact, I've forgotten that it (the show) even exists. They treated fans like crap.

• Love 1

I thought it was the little girl too because she was too unfeeling about her mother's murder.  Never would I have thought NCIS would have her be the murderer after Gibbs bonded with her.  It shows that he does have a weak spot, but most people do when it comes to kids.  

I liked Zoe as soon as she gave McGee a muffin to apologize for hitting him.  I like the idea of Tony and her being friends right now because he needs that.  I also like that women are finding Tony attractive again.  I didn't believe the idea that they were turned off by him so often.  Sure some women might find his humor offensive or something like that but he's an attractive man.  The cast is attractive and it's nice to see these characters get a little love.  Only Gibbs seems to have taken himself out of the dating game at the moment.

I like the team vibe this season.  I don't miss the angst and may there not be much of that any time soon.

• Love 2

Once again loved the Team side of this, especially Gibbs's "find me something" to Tony that was so them. Gibbs is upset because of the child and expects Tony to find him that one new piece to the puzzle. Loved the chat about Bishop and her husband costume being cliche for her but Tony and McGee were going as Batman and Robin. And i loved her choice at the end, really loved how the hand in Abby's lab was freaking her out but she just kept looking at it rather than say it, she is just going along with Abby's love of Halloween.It's nice to see Bishop being introduced to all the new things that not only happen with the job but working with these people.

Not only did i love seeing Tony and Abby chat, cause i love their friendship but the noise Tony made when Abs hugged to hard and her slapping him for avoiding the subject matter, so them as well. It felt once again very old school with the Team.

The guy was very creepy and while i didn't pick the end exactly , i thought he was giving them some clues when chatting about his childhood and eating his dog yuk. Can't believe i just wrote that. But the end with the Dad was very powerful stuff, like we were all experiencing the unthinkable together.

I really enjoyed meeting Tony's old partner and i liked that she understood him and his need to go. It was sad and she wished it was different but she didn't blame him or try and do some guilt thing. We got to meet someone from the past without angst, that's rare LOL

• Love 2

Was it just me or that Abby/Tony talk might as well been directed at some of the fans (especially on Facebook and other sites social) that keep pining for Ziva to come back?   Think Abby said something along the lines of, "Ziva is gone, SHE is the one who decided to leave us."  Which is true -- both for the character and the actor.  So I hope now they pretty much bury the Ziva angst both there and in social media (not that I think that will happen anytime soon with the latter, however).

Loved Zoe and Tony together.  Hope she comes back for further episodes in the future.

Creepy serial killer was indeed creeepy.  Great acting there.

Didn't see the kid as being the killer either.  Thought it was the neighbor.  So they really pulled the wool over my eyes with that little twist.  Though when it finally looked like they were going to make the kid the killer, I just figured she killed her mom because it was the mother who was abusing her and she killed the mom to stop the abuse.  So again, I was completely wrong about that one too.  Good job, writers. 

Have also been enjoying this season a LOT.  Everyone is basically been competent and good at the jobs.  And I like it that Bishop has been toned down -- both in her quirkiness and her superhuman abilities as well.

• Love 7

Was it just me or that Abby/Tony talk might as well been directed at some of the fans (especially on Facebook and other sites social) that keep pining for Ziva to come back?   Think Abby said something along the lines of, "Ziva is gone, SHE is the one who decided to leave us."  Which is true -- both for the character and the actor.  So I hope now they pretty much bury the Ziva angst both there and in social media (not that I think that will happen anytime soon with the latter, however).

Loved Zoe and Tony together.  Hope she comes back for further episodes in the future.

Creepy serial killer was indeed creeepy.  Great acting there.

Didn't see the kid as being the killer either.  Thought it was the neighbor.  So they really pulled the wool over my eyes with that little twist.  Though when it finally looked like they were going to make the kid the killer, I just figured she killed her mom because it was the mother who was abusing her and she killed the mom to stop the abuse.  So again, I was completely wrong about that one too.  Good job, writers. 

Have also been enjoying this season a LOT.  Everyone is basically been competent and good at the jobs.  And I like it that Bishop has been toned down -- both in her quirkiness and her superhuman abilities as well.

Agreed. But to be honest, at least they handled it in a good way. One which won't ward off too many fans.

As for Bishop, glad she was toned down. She was too over the top at first and that kind of got under my skin.

• Love 2

I'll admit I was a Ziva lover and desperately wanted her to get together with Tony.  That being said I appreciated how that storyline was sort of wrapped up this episode and how Ziva's decision to leave NCIS sort of paralelled Tony's decision to leave Philadelphia.  I thought that was nicely done.

• Love 4

I'll admit I was a Ziva lover and desperately wanted her to get together with Tony.  That being said I appreciated how that storyline was sort of wrapped up this episode and how Ziva's decision to leave NCIS sort of paralelled Tony's decision to leave Philadelphia.  I thought that was nicely done.

I was as well. So it kind of hit hard when it came out of nowhere :( (her deciding to leave). Me too.

• Love 2

My only disappointment with this episode is we didn't get to see Abby's Halloween costume ... she always has such good ones.

Agree with all the other posters who are enjoying this season so much more than recent times. Show has really caught its second wind, it seems.

• Love 3
Gibbs treating Tony like his SFA and the others following suit is also great.  My favorite interplay among the field team in this episode was either Tony saying "heads up" to Bishop and tossing her the remote and then prompting her to give a de-brief or Tony and McGee guessing all of Bishop's and Jake's couple costumes.

I'd also like to add that I loved the interplay during the undercover gig. "Please, I just ate."  "And down to the gun" (as I yoga pose).  Hee!

• Love 3

I liked Ziva, too, and did want her to get together with Tony as well.  It's television, and I'd still say never say never, but it was really good to hear that the writers aren't going to hold Tony back just because Ziva's not there.   I've been waiting for this character to move forward in some way for ages and to be defined by other things in his life and I want this to be a sign that they're not stalling him or the show for her.  There's much more to the show than that, and for awhile I was worried that the writers were going to have him tread water for the rest of the show on the off chance they can get the actress back for a guest appearance years from now or something.  

During season 11 I wondered how much longer this show could go on, but now it feels like it has gotten a second wind.  Things feel fresh again, and I hope that continues.

Edited by Betweenthisandthat
  • Love 5

I also liked Ziva, but was not crazy at how they wrote her frequently.  It was nice to see this small tribute to her and Tony, without him saying too much.  What I really love about NCIS is that while no one can say more without saying anything at all than Mark Harmon, all of these actors can clearly show emotion in such a way that often we don't need words.  This is huge, words can't draw you in like fantastic acting can.  I too wonder where is Jimmy?  I miss seeing Ducky and Jimmy's interactions. 

Anyone else think that this particular episode felt more like an episode of Criminal Minds than Ncis?  I never saw it coming that the girl was the killer.  Its sad that we won't have a new episode next week.

• Love 1

I agree with all that was said but I think my favorite scene was Bishop in the lab at her laptop with the creepy hand...as time goes on she says "Guys, I'm coming up empty-handed here"..as the hand crawled over the desk..

Not sure if the writers intended the pun but GREAT job of it NOT being too obvious....

The episode was great..and creepy...

• Love 1

I still have the hope that Tony and Ziva will ride off in the sunset together during the series finale because I do want toes crazy kids to be happy together, but I love how Tony is shown moving on. Yeah, it hurt to hear that she's not coming back but it was necessary. MW killed it.

I have really liked this season compared to last one. Bishop has toned it down and she has really meshed with the crew. The cases are better as well. Where is Palmer? I want to see him excited about the pregnancy.

• Love 1

If they would just edge Bishop away from the inappropriate sexual overshare I'd actually be more or less OK with her. She's never going to be my favorite, but that's a drastic improvement on how I felt about sooper sparkle pony Mary Sue Bishop 1.0.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I'm hoping that now that they've touched on the dreaded Ziva subject it will be dropped and forgotten like so many other dead end plots on TV.  I'm perfectly happy for her to vanish into space and never return.  I don't think they would have ended up as a very happy couple.  I also don't care that Jimmy hasn't made an appearance, I haven't missed him in the least.  

Overall, the season has started out very well.  Bishop has gotten better and Tony and Tim seemed to have stayed friends.  I hope it continues.  I do wonder if we'll ever meet Bishop's husband.  

• Love 2

Good episode, Ok, ok, ok, I get it... Ziva is not coming back but I am still pissed. I recognize I am in the minority here. But, I liked Ziva.

Why would you assume you are in the minority for liking Ziva?  Just cause a couple of posters here said they didn't like her there is no reason to assume that everyone here feels that way.  We all have our own opinions and there is no right or wrong, just that, opinions.  And you are not alone my friend.

My favorite character on this show was Ziva.  It still is.  I feel absolutely no reason to feel guilty about saying it.  On the contrary, I'm proud of saying it.   Show is running on fumes without her and her kickass ways to me.  It's just an easy show to couch potato with these days but no longer must viewing to me. 

I appreciate the mention of Ziva in this episode even if I realize TPTB were lecturing the audience some to forget Ziva cause they are probably a little pissed that the actor decided to leave and it makes it harder for them to re-set and re-boot after having had such a popular character on the show for years.  That was their subtext to me anyway.  But I'll never forget one of my favorite all time TV characters.  I liked her and Tony matching wits.  Always got good laughs from those lines. 

And it isn't cause I was into some romantic storyline fantasy about the two characters.  I don't care about any sort of romance stuff myself.  Keep it in the soaps and on Lifetime and away from shows I watch please.  Have no problem if others like that with Ziva, just saying that wasn't why I was into Ziva.  Just liked how Ziva and Tony were good buddies and good friends often jab at each other as a way to bond and show affection without any romance stuff.  At least with almost everyone I know.  Would be a dull world and extremely l-o-n-g work days without the zingers flying fast and loose.

As for this show I was wondering why it wasn't more of a typical Halloween episode then when it was the little girl I did a hand to the forehead d'oh.  Yep they did do a Halloween episode but I was too couch potatoed to notice early on.  Kudos to those of you that caught on early.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
Just liked how Ziva and Tony were good buddies and good friends often jab at each other as a way to bond and show affection without any romance stuff.  At least with almost everyone I know.  Would be a dull world and extremely l-o-n-g work days without the zingers flying fast and loose.

I didn't see  much affection from Ziva towards Tony.  She seemed to disdain him more often than not and unfortunately the writing often had him playing to fool in contrast to uber Ziva and her never ending angst.  That is why I find this season so refreshing and this episode perfectly encapsulated that.  There is still humor on the show but no one was written as the court jester and we weren't bogged down with OTT angst.  Sure we had episodes here and there during the Ziva era like this (Stakeout during season 5 comes to mind) but unfortunately it was much too rare.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 4

I didn't see  much affection from Ziva towards Tony.  She seemed to disdain him more often than not and unfortunately the writing often had him playing to fool in contrast to uber Ziva and her never ending angst.  That is why I find this season so refreshing and this episode perfectly encapsulated that.  There is still humor on the show but no one was written as the court jester and we weren't bogged down with OTT angst.  Sure we had episodes here and there during the Ziva era like this (Stakeout during season 5 comes to mind) but unfortunately it was much too rare.  

I noticed that more, earlier on in their relationship. As it went on, that became less and less, and they respected each other.

• Love 1
I noticed that more, earlier on in their relationship. As it went on, that became less and less, and they respected each other.

I saw the opposite.  I think she treated him with more respect earlier on and her teasing wasn't nearly as mean spirited.  From season 6 forward though, more often than not, she sneered at him rather than bantered with him.Layered on top of that was her never ending daddy issues and unfortunately the team getting dragged down into them time and again.  These last two seasons the show has been so refreshing without her and Vance's angst (as we haven't seen near as much of his issues either).  

I don't mind one tortured figure in Gibbs but when you had Gibbs. Ziva, and Vance all vying for the OTT melodrama crown it really dragged the show down.  the dialing back of that melodrama has allowed Tony and to a lesser degree McGee escape the role of "comic relief."  When they don't need so much broad comedy to offset the OTT angst every character is less of a caricature.  The dynamic with Bishop still allows for some comedy but is much less broad and mean spirited as it is firmly rooted in Tony and to a lesser degree McGee teaching her how to navigate their  weird little team i.e. this week when they were letting her know there was no way she could blow off the costume portion of Abby's party.  

• Love 4
We will! Jamie Bamber (of L&O:UK fame) has been cast to play Jake!

I'm so ready for him to get here!  With all of this talk of Jake and Ellie camping and their Halloween costumes, Jamie pops into my head the moment I hear "Jake."  That's happened since the casting was announced, so if Jamie's already in my head, he might as well be on my screen!  Still think it's a crime Jake's not gonna be British!  I like Gary Glasberg, but I really wish he hadn't boxed himself in so much with Jake's backstory.

Speaking of British and Bishop, I just love the way Ducky/David says "Eleanor." He makes it sound so beautiful.  i also love how he calls her by her full name, the way he often called Kate "Caitlin."

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

But, OMG, those cups of hot chocolate; could they be more obviously empty? She didn't drink from hers so at least put some water in to weigh it down.

This is my EPIC AND ONGOING HAIR-TEARING complaint about NCIS. At this point I'm just desperately hoping it's a running gag for them. Gibbs waves those cups of not-coffee around like nobody's business.
  • Love 3

I thought as the episode advanced that maybe the daughter, Rachel Barnes had shot the gun by mistake. With the neighbor, Ex Marine Nathan Curtis(NCIS:LA, The Ghost Whisperer)(I thought he was the bad guy) said his gun had misfired and Dr. Valerie Barnes had taken it away to stop him from committing suicide with it.
Then I thought the dad, Navy Commander Ryan Barnes(Scrubs) was bad. But I knew when he turned himself in so easily in the park, that Rachel had done something wrong. Gibbs and Ducky knew too. Killing her Mom to have dad be home with her was a strange way to do it. Dad had taught the women how to protect themselves when an intruder came in. Mom didn't do all the right things. I should have gotten a clue there that something was up. But her scream was convincing when Mr.Curtis dropped her off after school and she "found" her mom dead. But to think on the "She did everything right and mom didn't line" You were in school and Mom home how can you compare "Doing it right to not"? Unless you knew about it?? Now we will see her as a teen killer on "Criminal Minds".

The team after a possible link to Ryan first then Valerie was a good move. Then Tim's "Dillon Evans, Mercenary for Hire!" ,thought to trap Webmaster Dorian Hobart was cool, Even if Abby and Bishop didn't quite think he could pull it off. He became mild mannered computer geek, "Tim Walsh". ATF Special Agent Zoe Keates(Cold Case, 24) tackled Tim after he got up to arrest Hobart. Tony,"Spider" knew her from Philly PD. Tony called her "FloJo" or something like that after her tackle. She called Gibbs "John Wayne". But he didn't put away his gun until he was sure who she and Hobart were. For the sting must be Tony and Elenore(Ducky's wording), went home and changed into workout gear? Hobart also was a ATF Agent. Seemed Tony just kind of up and left Philly. Him and Zoe seemed to have sparks. She brought coffee and apple brand muffins. The quietest mouse only get the cheese. Abby hugging Tony because of Zoe was cute. Also Bishop questioning her about classic movies and homemade Italian meals. Zoe thinking Bishop was making a pass was funny too. The talk about ex gf and Zeva leaving was nice. Abby and Tony had a nice little talk.

Visiting George Burton(Step By Step, Perfect Strangers)psycho path in a ward, was kinda nice. Gibbs and Tony Trying to get info. from him was interesting. Nice to have these parts of the puzzle to work on.

It was funny Tony and "GI Jane" Bishop went to Barnes Motel room. She tried to kick in the door.

Gibbs talked to Rachel about looking his Mom at about her age. It was cool he made for her a tree house under the conference room table. Good that Gibbs didn't suspect her right away.

Did like the team(Tony, Tim, and Bishop) talking Halloween costumes. Tony found "Holyfield/Tyson" arguing. That was Tim and Bishop, lol. Tony played "Bruce Wayne", and Tim, "Robin". he worried he would be the only one in spandex until Ellie "Sandy" came in. She did a nice job playing her. "Danny" Her hubby,Jake was going to meet her. She did a better job then her first few picks. Zoe thought Tony was "James Bond". Talked about the pumpkin walls and being there for 5 years. Nice little "boot" by Tony in the elevator.

Edited by webruce

• The Tony/Abby heart to heart was lovely.  It has been too long since the last one of those.  I really like Abby when she is acting more like a grown up - something that has been better the last couple of episodes.

The talk between Tony and Abby was great.  I also loved Tony looking at the Star of David necklace and simply replacing it.  I didn't hate Tiva, but they wrote it so poorly it hurt.  If they had written Tony as they are now that pairing could have been very interesting. 

I loved their talk too. I love that Tony has always been open with Abby about his feelings for Ziva (and everything else in his life). She's his safe place to say anything. I'm really enjoying Tony's "growing up" in the past couple of seasons. It doesn't hurt that MW is hotter than the sun.

#spider