Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

I cannot believe that Nick stayed with you after this second go-around with Ben, but maybe that means you’ll finally have somebody other than your parents who genuinely loves you despite your constant lying and disgusting behavior.

Sick burn! And the photos and texts all back up Adrienne's story. Adrienne can't be that bad in real life if Capt. Lee was happy to go to viewing parties at her house.

Yikesssssssssss!  Adrienne went ALL the way in, didn't she?  I can't say that I blame her one bit, and it REALLY puts Kat in the worst light.  I thought she was a drunken, yet lovable mess, but now?  To think, I actually felt sorry for Kat in that gossip scene on the beach with Adrienne and Beverly, the charter guest.  That also goes to show why Kat seemed to behave so unprofessionally around Beverly, which was what a few people pointed out.

Who knew that Kat and Adrienne were so well-acquainted--not to mention, Adrienne stuck her neck out for her getting her a job, inviting her to her home several times, and going wedding dress shopping?!  Wowee.  Good on Adrienne for calling that lying bitch out and exposing her mess for all to see.  I'm not sure if I'd have done it in that fashion, but like she said, Karma is a bitch.  You cannot treat people any way you see fit--use 'em up, spit 'em out--and expect to just keep coasting on by.  It's gonna come back to bite you in the ass at some point, so either "repent" or brace yourself for impact.

• Love 3

Adrienne needs a good editor. She used a gazillion run-on sentences to claim that she and Kat have been friends, to rebut the lesbian and devil claims, and to state that no one will hire Kat. Sounds like Kat and Ben do mess around when they are together, which I thought was faked for Season Two.

• Love 2

Interesting to get a perspective on what's going on behind the scenes and between the seasons. Best of luck to Adrianne with the upcoming wedding. Sounds like she's probably going to be a lot happier without the show or Kat in her life. Hopefully this is a final say and she can move on from here. Any further dwelling and we start to have a problem.

As for Kat, I wonder how much of the Watch What Happens Live narrative she was selling was her following producer encouragement in the hopes she gets cast for season 3. Seems like she has nothing else going, so that could be a pretty desperate situation open to manipulation. It doesn't excuse it, but I do have some questions as to whose idea this all was.

• Love 2

Sounds like she's probably going to be a lot happier without the show or Kat in her life. Hopefully this is a final say and she can move on from here. Any further dwelling and we start to have a problem.

Yes, there was an unpleasant "lets twist the knife slowly" to Adrienne in this but I will admit, I always liked Adrienne, and the pictures do back her story.

And I don't feel all that sorry for Kat not being able to find a yachty job because I really can't imagine anyone willing to hire someone after the whole "I don't give a *fuck* about the crew or the work" routine in the final episode. That, the drunkenness of season one and the drama.... I'm so not shocked.

• Love 3

Oh I agree. I admit, I rather liked Adrienne in season one and was disappointed she wasn't on season two but she certainly had her flaws. On the other hand, Kat's straight up lies are potentially pretty damaging. The article was a tad bitter but really, Kat was also pretty out of line

• Love 3

I don't care for Adrienne but I also wouldn't call her the devil so I was willing to give her the botd. I got through ten paragraphs of rambling with no end in sight and gave up. Can anyone give me the cliff notes? Or is this just a case of Kat's an unapologetic drunk and Adrienne most certainly likes boys? Because I don't really think we needed a tell-all to get to the bottom of that big mystery :P

• Love 3

Can anyone give me the cliff notes?

• Kat's a lying liar who lies.
  • Adrianne is engaged to a guy who Kat knew about and was friends with.
  • Adrianne hired Kat when nobody else in the yachting world would after she made a drunk mess of herself on tv.
  • Kat is cleaning up her social media to remove all the pics she posted of her and Adrianne having fun working together there.
  • Adrianne and Kat were such good buddies they even went wedding dress shopping together. There's art to prove it.
  • Adrianne feels betrayed, and the Watch What Happens Live was her last straw, so she decided to set the record straight.
Edited by whack-a-mole
  • Love 9

Oh I agree. I admit, I rather liked Adrienne in season one and was disappointed she wasn't on season two

Adrienne's behavior as chief stew makes sense to me when I ask how much of a raging bitch ** I ** would be if I had to put up with these knuckleheads. (Hint: Much raging. Much bitching.)

• Love 4

I'm not surprised about Kat.  She always seemed to be a nasty, jealous vindictive drunk.  Kat isn't a college girl and she really shouldn't be getting drunk as much as she seems to.  Maybe she's jealous because her friends are moving on and she's still at the bar.

• Love 1

Hmm.  I've been a steadfast Team Adrienne supporter all along, but I have to say I wouldn't be thrilled to be the yacht-owner who hired Adrienne as chief stew and then learned she gave her otherwise unemployable bad news buddy a job on my dime.  But, whatever.  Kat must not have screwed up or Adrienne would have mentioned it.

It was interesting, in tonight's "leftover scenes" show, that Kate swore she and Kat would be lifelong friends.  I'd love to time travel ahead about five years and see how that worked out. 

• Love 4

They are peas in a pod. Who would hire Kate after watching her constantly dis the captain and signing on to Kat's laziness? They are together searching vainly for employment, I have no doubt.

Most anybody can find a reference or two from a sympathetic coworker no matter how hard they screwed up, but show that fail on low rent reality tv and it's really hard to recover from that.

• Love 5

Let me sum up the Adrienne diatribe..."waaaah, she was nice to me while working for/with me and then said mean things about me later, waaahh"

Kat has her own issues, but when Eddie and Ben appear to dislike Adrienne as well, I know who I'm siding with...

• Love 3

Ben likes Kat, which frankly makes me question his judgement.

"waaaah, she was nice to me while working for/with me and then said mean things about me later, waaahh"

While I agree it was a pretty angry rant.... I'd also point out Kat went wedding dress shopping with someone she calls the devil, and the casual way Kat seems to screw people over both last season, this  season and in between make me leary of being her pal....

• Love 1

This wasn't a case of Kat having a change of heart. This was Kat rewriting reality as a way to raise her profile on the show. Adrianne was pointing out that Kat lied about stuff on the show, then called her a lesbian for the sake of a stupid plot line on an episode. Kat is both a moderately entertaining cast member of Below Deck and a horrible human being. Adrianne is a boring cast member of Below Deck and decent human being. My enjoyment of someone on a reality show does not equate to my opinion of them as a good person.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yessss. I missed this show cuz even though it airs in the fall its such a summery show and its summer now. Plus all the versions of this years Real HW has been darker than shit and Southern Charm was a bit too negative this year so I wanted my fluffy little snark show.

Interesting casting changes

hot mess express Kat is gone?! Ben the whiny, inflexible slow as hell chef is only joining at the end? Crybaby Kelley and "but im so tiny" Jenay are gone along with their stupid drama? All good. I'm not crazy about tight ass severe faced gold digger Kate coming back but what ever

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

I've come to like Kate over the last season. I would be frustrated too to be in control of a million dollar boat and have to work with a bunch of immature children who brought the quality of my work down and made me look foolish, not to mention a lower tip. She's good at her job and she can let loose when it's time. Still in love with Captain Lee, come to find out I lived in the same town he grew up in, drove past his old high school every day.

• Love 2

Yessss. I missed this show cuz even though it airs in the fall its such a summery show and its summer now. Plus all the versions of this years Real HW has been darker than shit and Southern Charm was a bit too negative this year so I wanted my fluffy little snark show.

Interesting casting changes

hot mess express Kat is gone?! Ben the whiny, inflexible slow as hell chef is only joining at the end? Crybaby Kelley and "but im so tiny" Jenay are gone along with their stupid drama? All good. I'm not crazy about tight ass severe faced gold digger Kate coming back but what ever

I'm ridiculously pleased this show is coming back sooner than expected. And yes, it has such a summer feel to it that I'm glad it will start running again in late summer. Cast changes are ok by me.

• Love 2

OK, Kate and Amy are on WWHL tonight. Kate is wearing white pleather ankle boots. Amy is rocking a gold lame* bodice with a black skirt that's short in the front and long in the back accented by brown cowboy boots. As she would say, "Oh sweetie, just no."

*Both the fabric with the accent mark and the adjective.

I'm so sorry... I didn't wasn't trying to tell you to move your post, only that I saw it too and had posted about it! I hope you don't think I'm bossy!

But yeah that wasn't cute, and she better no blame those boots in Texas, I am from Texas and I don't know many people who would put that together