Type keyword(s) to search

The First 48 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh goodie, a two-fer!!! Drugs & guns! Drugs = death & guns = death. Interesting how the witness mistook the gf for a man...with a BABY! & that grandma having NO IDEA who could be in her house. Riiiight. Good thing they left the car at their apartment, the cops wouldn't have been smart enough to check it for him, huh??? 🤣🤣

• Love 1

Ha! Undone by the license plate reader once again! Is the rapper getting killed another drugs=death case? 🤔 That drug deal the witness told was so ridiculous & too detailed, like he was there. 🧐 So the handicapped guy hunted him down over that? I find it hard to believe he shot him. How could he shoot from the driver's seat while driving? Just makes more sense that there was at least one passenger shooting. Interesting one passenger thought another passenger set them up. They're lucky they didn't get shot.

They really need a visual of the shooting! How could the passenger shoot into the rear passenger window???? That means the pickup was on the right side of the car, but the shooter's in the passenger seat... on the OTHER SIDE of the pickup?? Was he behind the driver in a rear passenger seat or what? That's the only way it makes sense. His ex & the new guy's stories were strange & they just kept going back to the motel like nothing happened. I hope they retraced his route to look for the gun. They just seemed to go with his story & convict the other guy so easily.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, Lindz said:

They really need a visual of the shooting! How could the passenger shoot into the rear passenger window???? That means the pickup was on the right side of the car, but the shooter's in the passenger seat... on the OTHER SIDE of the pickup?? Was he behind the driver in a rear passenger seat or what? That's the only way it makes sense. His ex & the new guy's stories were strange & they just kept going back to the motel like nothing happened. I hope they retraced his route to look for the gun. They just seemed to go with his story & convict the other guy so easily.

If the victims car was ahead and turning to the right ( sliding or intentionally), the rear passenger window would be in the line  of sight of the truck passenger. 
However, there are scenarios where the driver could also have shot into the rear passenger window based upon various positions of the vehicles. 

I found it interesting that the driver admitted the three men were all recent friends of a sort, whereas the female  claimed to only be friends with her new boyfriend  and the accused shooter didn’t seem to admit to be friends with any of them.  He just magically was at the house and in the truck. 
It seems to me that the accused shooter would  have pointed the finger at the driver if he hadn’t done the shooting rather than just deny shooting and not saying who did.   Again he claimed not to know much about  the driver, so he didn’t have any loyalty to him. 

Did you catch the neighbor’s statement that the child did not live there, and was only there when the mom went and got him?  There’s a background story there that we weren’t told about.  

Detective Leatherman’s remarks about prison and the lack of actual rehabilitation in the process were compelling.   

I continue to be amazed at the people who ‘ hang out’ with people whose names  they don’t know.  The woman didn’t know Doby’s real name or anything about him but let him in the house with her son.  She locked her ex-spouse out but then willingly reopened the door to him.  These people were all in their 30s, with the real world knowledge of what happens when you ‘ hang out’ with certain types of people 

Edited by mythoughtis

Just watched the latest episode Forgotten Mothers and Sons. Cannot believe the victim’s mom didn’t think that his phone may be evidence. Then when the phone finally gets to the police she’d erased everything on it. Dumb and Infuriating. But I guess since it was more important to paint her son as a saint than finding his killer then she has to live with that  and how she may have hindered the truth being discovered.

Also, I was surprised they ruled out the cousin being that he was supposedly on the phone with the victim minutes before he was murdered. I think this will be one of those cases that sadly remains unsolved.

Sad that the second victim was murdered by her own son. He tried to frame it as his mother being in so much pain and his brutal act was “not him” but also tried to imply that he was relieving her of the pain she was suffering from surgery. The fact that she was stabbed numerous times and nearly decapitated indicates that he killed her in rage, probably because she refused to give him money to support his drug habit. Glad he got life in prison without the possibility of parole, despite his attempt to get lesser time  by pleading guilty. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2

I was truly amazed at the mother who reset the phone.  She was supposedly in a roomful of relatives  at the time. Why didn’t anyone stop her.  Then she lied to the police and said the cousin wiped the phone. Why didn’t the police get the cousin’s phone records and figure out if he was close in proximity  to the victim when he ended the phone call? I do not think this will ever be solved. 

• Love 2

She had the brother reset the phone. WHAT A DUMBASS!!!! Then lied to the cops! A damn mess!!! Good job. Really good job. They're so smart they should figure out who killed him all by themselves! Ridiculous!

He saw her in pain and wanted to release her from it...by inflicting even more pain?!?!!! Why didn't they check his hands for cuts? I didn't think the two cases were related. That detective really wanted them to be, hoping her car was the getaway car. Like. Makes no sense. I hated the format. Starting with a family member, reflecting back with the new detective. I thought it was decades old fr the baby pic with the dad. Too out of order. HATE IT!

I take issue with how they found the alleged shooter. Like. Can they do some ACTUAL police work & not just print any picture that matches the description??! LAZY! The witnesses could LIE & just agree. People don't magically appear on scene out of thin air. They COMMUNICATE! There's calls, texts, sm, etc. CHECK IT!!! I mean, that's the issue with shallow men. They just take stuff at face value. Minimal follow-up. Like, he was magically in the car? Um. No. What part of town were they? What street? What #? How'd they arrange to meet? Change who's tire? Why then? Sounded like some bs. They need some serious training on questioning people. That killer should've been off the streets with weapons warrants. I mean, DUH!!! Seems like luck & honest witnesses were what solved the case. Another guns & drugs = death.

13 hours ago, Lindz said:

I take issue with how they found the alleged shooter. Like. Can they do some ACTUAL police work & not just print any picture that matches the description??! LAZY! The witnesses could LIE & just agree. People don't magically appear on scene out of thin air. They COMMUNICATE! There's calls, texts, sm, etc. CHECK IT!!! I mean, that's the issue with shallow men. They just take stuff at face value. Minimal follow-up. Like, he was magically in the car? Um. No. What part of town were they? What street? What #? How'd they arrange to meet? Change who's tire? Why then? Sounded like some bs. They need some serious training on questioning people. That killer should've been off the streets with weapons warrants. I mean, DUH!!! Seems like luck & honest witnesses were what solved the case. Another guns & drugs = death.

Remember, you're only seeing maybe 5 or 10 minutes of what is likely a 2-3 hour interrogation interview. It's edited for time and content, and the only parts you'll see on the show are those that fill in the blanks of the narrative being told to the audience. You can bet that investigators are far, FAR more meticulous that what might be shown here. At least one would hope so. An interview may get investigators following 12 different leads, but the only ones you'll see on this show are what leads to the Eureka Moment when they ID their guy.

• Love 2

Two recent episodes the first one I'm still not sure we got the whole story about what happened. People accuse their neighbors of stealing their marijuana plants the neighbors insist they didn't. One of them goes and gets a gun and comes out. One of the neighbors friends decides to pretend he has a gun while he walks over to the group to try and defuse the situation. That goes badly when the other guy pulls a gun because he thinks the guy is threatening him. The idiot with no gun decides his next great idea is to tell the guy to shoot him because he doesn't think the guy will pull the trigger. Why would you do that? Do you want to be proven wrong? Sure enough he gets shot and somehow Tully who was in the doorway gets shot and killed. I'm not entirely sure how that happened. The shooter thought he might have a gun. But Tully was in the house and clearly no threat. The shooter thinks it was self defense since the guy was approaching him acting like he had a gun but weirdly when his friends who were in the house who's drug plants were stolen don't say that but they also don't mention the guy who pretended to have a gun. Unless it was their gun he used. The shooter insists the guy really did have a gun. I'm really not sure I believe him but I'm not sure I believe the guy who pretended to have a gun either. 

The other one was just insane. A couple gets sideswiped in their SUV and decide to follow the person who did it while calling the police . All the way to a dead end where the other car turns off it's lights. The husband gets out to go talk to the guy who instead shoots him right through the windshield of his own car. Then leaves in the car. The husband gets back in the car and follows but crashs a few feet away where his wife finds him. All this happened while she was on the phone with the police. They do find the murderer who doesn't talk but he has no warrents or even any criminal record at all. So we really don't know even know why he shot in the first place. He was an ex-soldier so maybe it was PTSD? It's very odd. It was just an accident. Why did he shoot? He probably would have paid a fine or something. Instead a man is dead and he's going to jail.

9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Two recent episodes the first one I'm still not sure we got the whole story about what happened. People accuse their neighbors of stealing their marijuana plants the neighbors insist they didn't. One of them goes and gets a gun and comes out

That one was just strange, and quite frankly I don't know if I'd convict if I was on a jury. I'd say "reasonable doubt" might come into play. Best would be a plea to something line 2nd degree manslaughter IMHO, because I really don't think they'll get a conviction on murder one.

One of the things I like to do after watching a rerun of a particularly egregious older case is to look and see if there's been an appeal post-conviction, and if there has, the appellate court rulings are usually available online. They paint a far better picture of the full story than we see on TV.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

That one was just strange, and quite frankly I don't know if I'd convict if I was on a jury. I'd say "reasonable doubt" might come into play. Best would be a plea to something line 2nd degree manslaughter IMHO, because I really don't think they'll get a conviction on murder one.

I wouldn't if I was on the jury because I'm really not sure what happened and I don't believe anyone there. I hated to let Tully's murderer go free but I still don't know how or why he's dead.

One of the things I like to do after watching a rerun of a particularly egregious older case is to look and see if there's been an appeal post-conviction, and if there has, the appellate court rulings are usually available online. They paint a far better picture of the full story than we see on TV.

I do wish they would give us a better picture. They really can and it would make it a better show. Even if information comes out later after their done recording well they can just add it to the end when they usually put up whether or not the murderer was convicted or not.

I also can't stress this enough to murderers. The only thing you should say is Lawyer. Don't try to explain or tell what you think is a good story to the cops. Most of the time that just makes it worse. And when they say anything you say can and will be used against you. They mean it. 

2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I wouldn't if I was on the jury because I'm really not sure what happened and I don't believe anyone there. I hated to let Tully's murderer go free but I still don't know how or why he's dead.

I served on a homicide jury once a few years ago and even though the State's case was a slam-dunk in my eyes it still took the jury 3 days to come to an agreement. In the end, the killer got 60 years.

Even if information comes out later after their done recording well they can just add it to the end when they usually put up whether or not the murderer was convicted or not.

They do. It's just that sometimes the case doesn't get resolved for 3,4, or 5+ years.

I also can't stress this enough to murderers. The only thing you should say is Lawyer. Don't try to explain or tell what you think is a good story to the cops. Most of the time that just makes it worse. And when they say anything you say can and will be used against you. They mean it. 

100% correct. And it's not just enough to say "lawyer," either. You must positively assert your desire to remail silent. "I am asserting my right to remain silent and I will not be making any statements. I wish to speak with a lawyer immediately." I think about half the time or more the perps who have been incarcerated in the past know this and just keep their mouths shut, but there's still a large number who sell themselves down the river because they don't understand these things.

What I did find interesting was that in Canada and the U.K. you cannot terminate an interview by asking for a lawyer. You don't have to actually answer the investigators' questions, but they can force you to remain in the interrogation room and listen to them ask questions. You can keep saying "I decline to answer" but they'll keep going. In Canada, you have no right to have your lawyer in the room while you're being questioned, and in the U.K., if you refuse to give police a good reason why you aren't guilty that fact can be given in evidence against you--you have to aid your own defense rather than force the Crown to prove your guilt! 

• Love 1

ANOTHER guns=death case. So bizarre. That story was crazy. If he set the shooter up, what kind of sense does it make to turn around & give him his own gun?!! So dumb! WHAT are those kids even doing having guns in the first place?! They should've charged those cousins with evidence tampering for wiping down the car. You know if they hadn't identified the car, they would've never told the police their stories. I HATED the start of the episode! A police chase of someone who ended up not being involved?! HUH?! NO!

• Love 2
On 12/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, Lindz said:

ANOTHER guns=death case. So bizarre. That story was crazy. If he set the shooter up, what kind of sense does it make to turn around & give him his own gun?!! So dumb! WHAT are those kids even doing having guns in the first place?! They should've charged those cousins with evidence tampering for wiping down the car. You know if they hadn't identified the car, they would've never told the police their stories. I HATED the start of the episode! A police chase of someone who ended up not being involved?! HUH?! NO!

Yeah, that made no sense to me too.

Surprise. Surprise. Guns=death, precipitated by drugs. Nice twist. 🤣 Poor boy was killed by his own dumbass "friends." That's rough. How stupid were they? Shooting at a crowd with their friend there. How lucky were the cops for that forthcoming witness? She had the video & told them about the thrown gun. I doubt they would've searched for it otherwise. Where's the surveillance footage from neighbors? Gas stations? Tag readers? There has to be more evidence. Does that detective have a gambling problem or does he just like to throw joke wagers out all the time? He was SLICK getting Nery's gun: can I look at it? I need to take it, is that okay? TRICKY! He's lucky Nery was honest about where the gun was in the first place... They really couldn't find out who was in that car with the guy who got shot, who was in that group? I hope they checked the sister's GPS to see where they went to see if a gun was dumped... It does seem like Anthony & Nery shot first and ran when shots were returned... Anthony had his BS story down. They should've asked for a re-enactment because how could he throw himself behind the van from the porch? I wanna see the BS lie. & GSR test him when he denied shooting... Then the random troll wasting time. It's disturbing the cops weren't monitoring the social media activity around Jose's murder. Family & friends shouldn't have had to tell the cops about it. This case sucked. I didn't like the stupidity of the "friends" shooting & not knowing who shot back. It is a good warning about it being a mistake to trust "friends" with guns.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Watched an old episode last night the murderer was horrible. He and his friends rob a guy's house in Houston. They steal his truck and filled it up with clothes, money and stuff. They drive to Tulsa and stop at a vaping store. While in their one of their friends steals the truck from them. He is pissed. They get another car and search for him but can't find him. They go to his brother's house to see if he's there. He's not so he decides to kidnap the brother, take him to a field and kill him in retaliaton for what the brother did. The brother was not even involved. Then they rob a Chinese fast food place. Even after he's arrest he still thinks he had every right to kill the brother and zero remorse. Their friend found out a couple days later what happened to his brother and fled to Mexico where he was robbed of all of his stuff including the stuff he stole by friends who helped him flee. He calls the Tulsa police for help to get back to the US which they do and he goes to jail for the theft. The murderer was also suspected of four murderers, several robberies and torturing a guy who supposely harassed his sister or something. He actually recorded the torture cutting him with box cutters and knifes. What complete monster. He does have a sad past where his family was killed by a drunk driver a few years ago but it's hard to find any sympathy for him given all the horrible things he did.

• Like 1

What a crappy investigation! He was reported missing, but they didn't check the license plate cameras til AFTER his truck was reported & recovered in that neighborhood?!! Can't they set an alert for his license plate on those cameras?! They figured he was in the neighborhood and finally got a description of the killer from the pool house video, but didn't put out a BOLO for that description?!! THE BOOTS & DREADS, AT LEAST, SINCE THAT'S ALL THEY KNEW FOR SURE!!! So he was evicted a short while later & no cops were paying attention?!! SO STUPID!!! WORTHLESS!!! & SHAME ON THAT PHONE COMPANY FOR NOT HELPING! I hope their employees go missing & they keep that energy. Did we see the phone records? No location? The killer didn't use his phone or credit/debit cards? How about that girl's mom doing the cops' job by collecting the shell casings?!! They should be embarrassed & ashamed! They let that violent criminal go free for him to kill. Real nice! Then didn't arrest him for several months after the murder & he was in Atlanta! They didn't monitor his phone,  social media, tag account, bank accounts, bills, ANYTHING?! COME ON! & That killer is an idiot saying it's not him, then asking how he could help himself, then reverted back to denying it's him! & How hard is it to say he could make a deal for 25 to life vs being convicted & sentenced to life no parole?!! So dumb! Good. He should never get out. Did they check his location history? Did they find his clothes/boots? Lastly, did they match his DNA to the DNA in the truck?!! We saw him get in, he obviously touched the door, at least. SO UNIMPRESSED!!!! 

Edited by Lindz

The victim and truck were reported missing in a different town than where the truck was found.  The town he was reported missing in may or may not have coordinated with the town that the truck was found in.  I also don’t think one town can request another town do check license plate reading  history.  The contracts are usually between the town and the tech company providing the readers.   The cops aren’t going to investigate every truck parked overnight in a residential neighborhood  until someone complains about it. In addition, the town with the missing persons report can’t just drive all over the state to see if they spot the truck, nor can they get much cooperation from private companies until foul play is suspected.  In other words, until they find a crime scene, a body or a truck with damage  or blood. 

Many people live off the grid, no debit or credit cards, no bank account, prepaid phone, in a friends apartment without their name on the  lease, etc.  could even have lived in a different jurisdiction too. 

They had to wait to get info back from the phone apps, from ballistics etc.   The incident with the ex girlfriend may  have happened in a third town, which may  have filed the warrant late.  I doubt the detective ran the suspects name every day to see if something  new popped  up. He also may have had to search surrounding jurisdictions individually.    I did wonder why the casings from  the incident with the ex girlfriend were not collected by that jurisdiction at the time rather than leaving them at the scene.  I mean, he pulled a gun, shot at the ground and tried to shoot out a windshield.  For all they knew, he could have  committed a previous crime with that gun that they could solve with ballistics.  It was good thinking by the girl’s  mom to keep the casings 

• Like 2

What a bizarre story of them riding around, doing drug deals & the victim just giving that girl money. Drugs & guns, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! Seems like a sound business decision to employ a drugged out heroin addict as a driver. Guess that's the lesson from that case. No license plate readers on the interstate?!! Surprised he didn't get life no parole. He shouldn't get out. Killers should never be released! WTF?!!! Then the road rage killing & that stupid, lying pregnant girl. They always get away with lying. They seriously didn't tap her phone?!! The fool tried lying & saying he didn't kill him. That fool ended both their lives, as it should be. The guy killed was 18 with FIVE KIDS?!?!! Good God! WTH?!! That's ridiculous!

• Like 2
On 1/13/2023 at 4:52 PM, mythoughtis said:

I did wonder why the casings from  the incident with the ex girlfriend were not collected by that jurisdiction at the time rather than leaving them at the scene.  I mean, he pulled a gun, shot at the ground and tried to shoot out a windshield.  For all they knew, he could have  committed a previous crime with that gun that they could solve with ballistics.  It was good thinking by the girl’s  mom to keep the casings 

I was surprised about this as well. But perhaps they didn't collect the casings because no one was injured or killed? Still seemed a bit slack on the detectives part, in my opinion, who worked that incident. 

With the cops where the incident happened with the girlfriend, not collecting the casings when the incident happened, I wonder will this be useful to the this case in the long run? Or if the casings evidence will get thrown out. The suspect's attorney could argue that those casings did not belong to his gun. As I don't recall the detectives in the homicide case saying they found the murder weapon on him which matched the ballistics of the murder and the previous incident with the girlfriend. 

I felt so bad for the victim. Very unfortunate what happened to him. It’s dangerous looking for a hookup online as there are always scammers out there looking to rob an unsuspecting victim. He had probably done this many times as his roommate stated that he’d often be on the dating apps looking for a hookup, but this time it went bad.  It probably would be better to meet in a public place first then go somewhere to do the hookup. But if the person is just looking to get quick sex and trying to keep their activities on the downlow, I can understand why they’d not want to meet in a public place.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, Lindz said:

What a bizarre story of them riding around, doing drug deals & the victim just giving that girl money. Drugs & guns, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! Seems like a sound business decision to employ a drugged out heroin addict as a driver. Guess that's the lesson from that case. No license plate readers on the interstate?!! Surprised he didn't get life no parole. He shouldn't get out. Killers should never be released! WTF?!!!

Yeah. That wasn't a sound "business" decision at all considering the culprit's addiction problems. And maybe the victim had hired addicts before to drive him around and didn't encounter any issues. Thus, he didn't expect anything to happen with this guy. Still don't understand why he'd need a driver in the first place. Wny not drive himself around to do his business?

I think the murderer only got 25 years because a) he had no prior record or convictions and b) he's an addict. If he didn't have these two things "going for" him he may have received a longer sentence. 

Then the road rage killing & that stupid, lying pregnant girl. They always get away with lying. They seriously didn't tap her phone?!! The fool tried lying & saying he didn't kill him. That fool ended both their lives, as it should be. The guy killed was 18 with FIVE KIDS?!?!! Good God! WTH?!! That's ridiculous!

Yeah , 18 years old with 5 kids. Yikes! At least they were all by the same girl. Still that's a lot of kids to still be kids themselves. I'd think after the first kid, most definitely the 2nd they would've been more proactive with preventing pregnancy. But then again, environment, income, education etc. oftentimes plays a huge role in teens becoming pregnant, especially repeatedly.  All that aside, its unfortunate what happened to the victim. Another life taken over nonsense. 

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 7:24 PM, Enero said:

This week’s case with the hit, shoot and run driver was intense. When they were in the standoff at the suspect’s house I thought he was either going to come out of the house with guns blazing or they were going to find him dead inside. 

I was baffled as to why the detectives were treating him with kid gloves when they got him to the station ie asking what he did for a living, repeatedly asking if he was okay with talking them etc. Of course he lawyered up. I don’t know about the detective’s speculation that the suspect might have PTSD. From his non-chalant response to being arrested and the smirk at the press when they asked if the murder was over a hit and run, this guy seems like another POS killing over nothing. The evidence against him doesn’t seem all that strong, no bullet casings in the car, don’t know if they even found the murder weapon. Don’t know if the witness was given the opportunity to positively ID him in a line up, but hopefully the DA will be successful in putting him away. 

So I just rewatched this case and looked it up to see if there’s been any progress. The suspect got off due to a hung jury. I feared this would happen as the evidence shown in the episode didn’t seem all that solid. However,  he was convicted of leaving the scene of an accident and shooting into an occupied vehicle. I’m baffled by this. How the hell did they convict this guy of shooting into an occupied vehicle (a vehicle in which an occupant was injured and died due to him shooting in it) but failed to convict him of murder? Make it make sense. 

He did get sentenced to 10 years in prison but only has to serve two. SMH. The prosecution says they’ll retry him for the murder but time will tell if they are able to follow through with that promise. 

https://www.fox10tv.com/2022/06/23/road-rage-murder-trial-ends-with-split-jury-defendant-still-heading-prison/

On 1/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, Enero said:

Still don't understand why he'd need a driver in the first place. Wny not drive himself around to do his business?

The woman who originally called police said that the victim didn’t have a license.  So he was a drug dealer who didn’t want to be pulled over and found to be driving without a DL.  I guess he was less likely to get his car searched that way 

• Like 2

An old episode from Miami. A gang member is killed. The police try to get someone to talk. But no one will. Eventually they get a tip about who the murderer is. He won't confess of course. They don't have anything on him. He's murdered a few weeks later. I wonder if he regretted not confessing and trying to stay alive in jail. I guess that's why the murder victim's family and friends didn't talk they were already planning on taking care of it on their own. I feel for his mother she has a wall of pictures various teens or in their early twenties who are all dead. Over what? It's just so stupid.

Another episode a woman recieved a text from a friend who needs her help in going to a house with a woman she murdered and burning it down. The woman does exactly what I would do in that situation go straight to the police. She shows them her phone and the text. So many friends on these shows either go along with it or just don't say anything which I would never be able to do. They've already killed someone and I don't trust them not to kill me. The murder hasn't been reported to police so they decide to have the woman pick her friend and take her to the house which she does with the cops following right behind and arrest her as she's crawling through a broken window with a bag of stuff to burn the house down.

33 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

An old episode from Miami. A gang member is killed. The police try to get someone to talk. But no one will. Eventually they get a tip about who the murderer is. He won't confess of course. They don't have anything on him. He's murdered a few weeks later. I wonder if he regretted not confessing and trying to stay alive in jail. I guess that's why the murder victim's family and friends didn't talk they were already planning on taking care of it on their own. I feel for his mother she has a wall of pictures various teens or in their early twenties who are all dead. Over what? It's just so stupid.

Another episode a woman recieved a text from a friend who needs her help in going to a house with a woman she murdered and burning it down. The woman does exactly what I would do in that situation go straight to the police. She shows them her phone and the text. So many friends on these shows either go along with it or just don't say anything which I would never be able to do. They've already killed someone and I don't trust them not to kill me. The murder hasn't been reported to police so they decide to have the woman pick her friend and take her to the house which she does with the cops following right behind and arrest her as she's crawling through a broken window with a bag of stuff to burn the house down.

I remember both those episodes.  The first one in particular. A bunch of teenagers in two gangs who lived on 12th and 13th at war over whose territory it was.   So sad.  

• Like 1

The lady in The Other Wife episode was beyond delusional. She still considers herself married to Drew. Even though he divorced her and married someone else. She's telling the detectivs he was the love of her life and Drew felt the same way. He left you and married someone else. I wonder if she was hoping her friends would kill both Drew and his wife or if it his wife. Probably both of them. I love the shooter trying to claim he was just firing randomly at the house and didn't see anyone. The detective points out they were sitting on the porch swing and there's no way he didn't see them. Drew really should have moved as far away from his crazy ex-wife as he could instead of just across the street.

4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The lady in The Other Wife episode was beyond delusional. She still considers herself married to Drew. Even though he divorced her and married someone else. She's telling the detectivs he was the love of her life and Drew felt the same way. He left you and married someone else. I wonder if she was hoping her friends would kill both Drew and his wife or if it his wife. Probably both of them. I love the shooter trying to claim he was just firing randomly at the house and didn't see anyone. The detective points out they were sitting on the porch swing and there's no way he didn't see them. Drew really should have moved as far away from his crazy ex-wife as he could instead of just across the street.

This episode sounds interesting. I don’t think I’ve seen this one. Do you recall the city and season for this episode?

The new episode in Tulsa last week was crazy with the brother and sister pretending to want to buy drugs from the victim when their goal was to rob him. There was a detective in this episode whom I’d not seen before. I liked how in one of his talking heads he said how the victim was obviously not doing the right thing by selling drugs but these are hard financial times and that just because he was a drug dealer didn’t mean he deserved to die. 

The female suspect was a trip. I mean what she said was true that the detectives only cared about solving their case then they’d go home and live life with their families not having a second thought about her. But her demanding they get her a deal so she could go home too was ridiculous. She was all over that crime. They had the texts and video to prove it. Maybe she and her brother didn’t intend for the robbery to turn into a murder. But she made her bed. Now she has to face the consequences. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Enero said:

This episode sounds interesting. I don’t think I’ve seen this one. Do you recall the city and season for this episode?

Atlanta

The new episode in Tulsa last week was crazy with the brother and sister pretending to want to buy drugs from the victim when their goal was to rob him. There was a detective in this episode whom I’d not seen before. I liked how in one of his talking heads he said how the victim was obviously not doing the right thing by selling drugs but these are hard financial times and that just because he was a drug dealer didn’t mean he deserved to die. 

The female suspect was a trip. I mean what she said was true that the detectives only cared about solving their case then they’d go home and live life with their families not having a second thought about her. But her demanding they get her a deal so she could go home too was ridiculous. She was all over that crime. They had the texts and video to prove it. Maybe she and her brother didn’t intend for the robbery to turn into a murder. But she made her bed. Now she has to face the consequences. 

Yes, she does. I don't think they planned to murder him either. I think they just planned to rob him. But they still killed him. It still blows my mind how many criminals text each other all about the crime their going to commit and afterwards. And also don't think about cameras that are everywhere these days.

The new episode was really good. A woman named Tori is found dead in a park with a bullet to the head. It's close enough that it could be considered a suicide but no gun is found nor a car nearby. They later find the car but it's been completely burned beyond any use. Her friend Austin tells the detectives that she was suicidal and trying to get him to help him kill her.  They look through her computer and find her looking how to make a thousand quick and wonder if she was trying to hire someone to help her commit suicide. They can't find her boyfriend at first but eventually do and has an alibi. They go back to Austin and he repeats the same thing. They notice his neighbor has a Ring doorbell and get the footage of Austin and Tori leaving his apartment he says that he's scared and Tori asks why he's scared. But that's it. They have no footage of Austin returning but he could have used another staircase. They don't know what to think. The case gets passed off to another detective as the original gets promoted out of homicide. They are finally able to get Austin's phone records. He's in the spot where Tori's car was found and near the park. But he's phone is turned off at that point and doesn't come on until he's on his way home. They go back to Austin who at this point has been arrest for an unrelated crime in another county although they don't tell us what for. They tell Austin about his cellphone. He says that they did leave together. Tori was still trying to get him to shoot her. She even stole her mother's gun and when he won't she shoots herself in the park. Austin says he took the gun and parked her car like she wanted done. He doesn't know how the car got torched. When asked why he didn't call the cops when she shot herself Austin says he was scared that he would be blamed because he's black and she's light skin.

The detectives aren't sure. His story sounds pausable but aren't sure they believe him. The detective later realizes the only person saying Tori was suicidal was Austin. Everyone else said she was fine, broke but fine. She realizes all Tori's searches was for her trying earn money quickly. They look into Austin's internet searches and he was trying to find a gun to by for cheap. She realizes Tori stole her mother's gun to sell to him. They also realize watching the video again without the assumption of suicide it comes off differently.  They think that Tori sold him the gun and while playing around with  it and Tori got shot. I'm not so sure about that. Austin did such a good job making it look like suicide I have a hard time believing it wasn't planned. He was looking to buy guns for 250. I think he just decided to steal Tori's gun and kill her.  

It was a good catch by the detectives. I typically don't believe family or friends who insist it's not a suicide because that really usually is the case with family and friends of those who do commit suicide. The fact she was killed with her mother's gun and him telling her he was scared when they left his apartment did make me think suicide. I wonder if he took the gun because Tori or he didn't want her family to know it was suicide.  What made me doubt him was why did he turn off his cellphone? That doesn't seem like something you'd think to do while your busy dealing with a suicidal friend who shoots themselves.  

The cops needed the witness to tell them the killer paid with an EBT card for them to look it up?!?!?!! SERIOUSLY?!!!! 🤬😒 They just saw him in the store footage & stopped there??? Didn't bother to watch him possibly purchase anything?! LAZY!!! Not smart or thorough enough to watch, huh? So UNIMPRESSED!!! Probably depended on others to tell them his name. They should've showed him the footage from him leaving the store since he admitted to being in that footage, not cut to him being at the complex so he denied it was him. Or identify the other guy he was with first to get him to admit it was him beside the others. They should've let the entire footage play & show him shooting the victim. So obvious he denied it was him because he knew it'd show that. So he was in a program about conflict resolution? That failed. So. Did it explain that resolution with words or walking away equals freedom & using a gun equals prison?!?!!! He seriously killed someone over...a lighter thrown at him?!?!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!! With craziness like that, how did he make it so long not doing that to someone else???? 🤔🧐

• Like 1

I love how stupid these killers are. They really think they can kill someone & just continue living their life free, huh? 2 episodes in a row where people are trying to rob drug dealers. I knew the guy in Atlanta wouldn't get convicted of murder. He was defending himself from a robbery. That girl in Tulsa was WEIRD AS HELL!!! WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST LIE TO HER?!?!?!! She had no problem lying to them. Sure they'd try & get her a deal, anything can be used against her, but if she tells the truth that could help her. See??? EASY!!! I'm confused. They met up with the victim TWICE that day??? WHY??? Eh. Gotta say. I'd rather these fools try robbing drug dealers than regular people leaving banks and stuff. They can pick each other off. I don't want them in my society.

Edited by Lindz

Tori was only 18?!?!! She looked 28. That boy's story was so stupid. She's trying to pay her car insurance & decides to pay someone to kill her instead?!?!! WTF?!!! & WHAT did I say about talking to someone on the phone versus in person?!?! They should've seen him make that ish up in person! I'm shocked they found that camera when they finally went to his home. Lucky they went there. She was looking to make money to pay her car insurance, not someone to kill her! That's why you can't believe what people say, especially when they could be the killer! How easy was it for him to make that up & the cops actually run with that?!?! I doubt he got rid of the gun since he wanted a gun. I hope they searched his home. The detective just gave him a defense saying she thought it was an accident. I went darker & figured he was one of those that choose to kill because they want to know what it feels like. Maybe he was going to steal the gun from her. That lie about his wallet & money?!! I mean. COME ON! WHERE WAS THE MONEY?!?! WHERE WERE THE CLOTHES HE WORE?!?! TEST THEM FOR GSR!!!!!!!! Should've been in his face FIRST THING & tested his hands for GSR!!!! They were so lax with him considering he was the last person with her. WTF?!!! Couldn't get a warrant for his phone with that?!?! Good thing the other guy got promoted since he wouldn't pursue a warrant for the suspect's phone. Why not just ask him for access to his records & explain they'll get it even if he deletes it? I wanna see what he texted people. Maybe he talked about what happened. It's just ridiculous it took so many months when he was right there & they knew he was one of the last people, if not the last person she was with. The detective should've been more on her stuff & asked about him wanting a gun. I hope she was & that was just cut from the episode. What'd he want a gun for? Was his DNA on her since he supposedly moved her??? He totally set her car on fire. There weren't any other cameras that captured any of that??? SERIOUSLY?!! Doubtful. She was killed with the gun she stole, how stupid. Guns = death. Maybe another case of robbing a "seller". Smh

Edited by Lindz

Drugs & guns. Surprise. Surprise. That guy was just going around killing over suspected stolen drugs & drug debt?!! Without fear too! That's why violent offenders must be kept off the streets! WHERE'S THE GUN?!?!! Such a shoddy investigation. Did they even bother to investigate if the victims had phones & how they communicated with people?!! Everyone has a cell phone, no?!! The ex-wife told them he communicated through Facebook WEEKS LATER! WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK WHEN THEY FIRST MET?!?!! WTF?!!  How'd he get acquitted of the man's murder when they had his cell records showing he was in the area & convicted of the woman's murder when he left his phone behind?!?!! WHO WAS THE OTHER MAN INVOLVED IN SETTING HER UP?!! Didn't they look at the murderer's messages & calls?! They probably could've found him that way. The informant must be a girlfriend, baby mama, or  something. Guess she didn't testify at the trials. He was sentenced to life... didn't see "without parole" so I guess that's only 15 years for 2 murders. RIDICULOUS! He sure put on a show for the cameras. Creepy!

Edited by Lindz

Getting witnesses to testify against guys who brazenly go around killing people they don't like isn't easy. And the ones they do get, you gotta wonder how reliable they are or how skeevy they might appear to juries. Also, unlike a lot of criminals this clown had enough functional brain cells to shut his phone off or leave it somewhere before going off to (allegedly) whack someone. It did seem like a bit of a sloppy investigation to me, though sometimes you just can't catch a break no matter how hard you try.

• Like 1

Let a violent person go free & they might kill. Let a killer go free & they might keep killing. Those murders could've been prevented if he'd been in prison. They should've been on the lookout after that woman was killed. He should've been under surveillance after they learned his name. If they would've pushed that informant, maybe they would've been able to prevent that man's murder. So ridiculous. Cops should ask those fools if they feel safer with a murderer behind bars or free to potentially kill them?!?!! He killed a woman because he believed she stole his drugs, what if he randomly suspected the informant of wronging him?!?! SO STUPID!!!! How hard is it to say, "If he remains free, he'll probably keep killing & he might kill you next." The cops seem too passive, like, "Oh. I get you're scared." AND?!?!!! THAT'S IT?!?!! I hope they say more! Geez! Otherwise, no wonder they're not convinced! They don't value life at all. 😒😒

• Like 1
On 3/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, andromeda331 said:

What made me doubt him was why did he turn off his cellphone? That doesn't seem like something you'd think to do while your busy dealing with a suicidal friend who shoots themselves.  

I just finished watching this episode. Like you, I too am very skeptical when family members swear up and down that their family member would not commit suicide. However, this case was suspicious from the start to me. If Tory wanted to die there were a number of ways she could've hurt herself besides asking her BFF to kill her, which would in turn result in him being imprisoned for at least most of his life. Then his story about her saying she was going to find some random person to kill her sounded even more ridiculous. Again, if she wanted to die there were ways to do it without the need for assistance. 

The detective concluded that the suspect didn't plan to kill Tory and that it was an accident. I don't buy this at all. If he didn't plan something nefarious from the start, why not leave his phone on? Also, they said she was shot in the temple which also makes me skeptical of an accident. Moreover, he had no feeings about her death, none. Everytime he was interviewed it was like he was talking about the weather. Even when he put himself at the scene of her supposed "suicide" he expressed no emotion after "witnessing" his BFF commit such a devasting act. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was a sociopath in the making. He wanted a gun so he could use it. Sadly, he decided to use it on her.  What was also sad was the boyfriend whom Tory had been dating did not respond to her family or the police when they reached out about her being missing. They'd been dating for (3) months. You'd think he would've had some care for her, but unforutnately he didn't considering his lack of response surrounding her disappearance.

• Like 1
On 4/5/2023 at 4:54 PM, Enero said:

I just finished watching this episode. Like you, I too am very skeptical when family members swear up and down that their family member would not commit suicide. However, this case was suspicious from the start to me. If Tory wanted to die there were a number of ways she could've hurt herself besides asking her BFF to kill her, which would in turn result in him being imprisoned for at least most of his life. Then his story about her saying she was going to find some random person to kill her sounded even more ridiculous. Again, if she wanted to die there were ways to do it without the need for assistance. 

The detective concluded that the suspect didn't plan to kill Tory and that it was an accident. I don't buy this at all. If he didn't plan something nefarious from the start, why not leave his phone on? Also, they said she was shot in the temple which also makes me skeptical of an accident. Moreover, he had no feeings about her death, none. Everytime he was interviewed it was like he was talking about the weather. Even when he put himself at the scene of her supposed "suicide" he expressed no emotion after "witnessing" his BFF commit such a devasting act. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was a sociopath in the making. He wanted a gun so he could use it. Sadly, he decided to use it on her.  What was also sad was the boyfriend whom Tory had been dating did not respond to her family or the police when they reached out about her being missing. They'd been dating for (3) months. You'd think he would've had some care for her, but unforutnately he didn't considering his lack of response surrounding her disappearance.

Good point. I agree that he planned to kill her. I don't know why the cops think he didn't plan it. Then why didn't he just pay her for the gun? Tory went with him because she thought he was going to buy the gun. She needed money. It's hard to imagine any scenario where he would suddenly have to kill her. It only makes sense that he always planned to kill her. Yeah, he definitely was a sociopath. I wonder if Tory was his first kill.

• Like 1

I was watching the After the first 48 episodes.

Amazing how some of the victims’ lives have been extremely sanitized in order yo make them look good (for example drug dealers or thieves killed during their trade).

I know everybody has he right to have an attorney in court…but most of them are just scoundrels with nice suits who don’t care about justice, just their ego.

As one of the DA said: defense lawyers don’t  have to demostrate their clients are innocent, they just need to create doubt.

• Like 1

Should've suspected him because he was so animated & if his kids were there, ask them if he left. I still didn't hear why they went there. To buy drugs? Too bad they weren't trying to rob each other. That would've been funny. He set up those people in the abandoned apartment above his, someone he knew. WTF did he think would happen?!!! They knew where he lived!!! He thought they'd just go home & let it go?!! WTF nonsense is that?!! Maybe he planned on killing them...in the apartment above his...like he wouldn't be suspected. Just so stupid. His accomplice got killed & he got convicted. That's hilarious! Another drugs & guns = death!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Lindz said:

Should've suspected him because he was so animated & if his kids were there, ask them if he left. I still didn't hear why they went there. To buy drugs? Too bad they weren't trying to rob each other. That would've been funny. He set up those people in the abandoned apartment above his, someone he knew. WTF did he think would happen?!!! They knew where he lived!!! He thought they'd just go home & let it go?!! WTF nonsense is that?!! Maybe he planned on killing them...in the apartment above his...like he wouldn't be suspected. Just so stupid. His accomplice got killed & he got convicted. That's hilarious! Another drugs & guns = death!

I'm not sure they planned to kill them. They thought the guys would be easy to rob. Apparently it never occurred to them one would be bring a gun. Smart move on that guy's part. I hope it was worth it. Billy's dead and he's going to jail for life. 

I wondered about the kids too. I thought it was weird that he told the cops it couldn't happen in his apartment but then offered up the location. That was dumb on his part to mention but the cops really should have been more suspicious of him.

The other case with 19 year old woman killed. Wow, her brother is a piece of shit. When they kept talking about how the other guys were trying to kill him and shooting anyone on their side. I thought it was typical gang stuff but no her brother robbed them. Of course they were pissed and wanted pay back. He hid and they got his sister instead. Yeah, that was crappy of them but her brother started it. Is it wrong that I kind of hope the other gang finds him?

Just watched the most recent episode - Back Street. Does anyone think the victim’s Home Heath job was code for prostitution? I just found it odd that he was bringing all these women to his cousin’s house for what seemed like sex and texted his co-worker about making $100 to “dance”. The cousin claimed the victim was taking a revolving door of women to the back room to presumably have sex with them. Was he a sex addict? Or was prostitution going on in that house, run by the victim and perhaps the cousin too? However the cousin tried to down play it as being the victim cheating with a lot of women. Very odd situation. 

So the suspect killed the victim why? Because he (the suspect) was high and felt like starting a fight that night?  Senseless. SMH.  I guess there is something to be said for the suspect not wanting his girlfriend to go to prison for his abhorrent act but he still killed someone over nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 6/9/2023 at 5:55 PM, Enero said:

Just watched the most recent episode - Back Street. Does anyone think the victim’s Home Heath job was code for prostitution? I just found it odd that he was bringing all these women to his cousin’s house for what seemed like sex and texted his co-worker about making $100 to “dance”. The cousin claimed the victim was taking a revolving door of women to the back room to presumably have sex with them. Was he a sex addict? Or was prostitution going on in that house, run by the victim and perhaps the cousin too? However the cousin tried to down play it as being the victim cheating with a lot of women. Very odd situation. 

So the suspect killed the victim why? Because he (the suspect) was high and felt like starting a fight that night?  Senseless. SMH.  I guess there is something to be said for the suspect not wanting his girlfriend to go to prison for his abhorrent act but he still killed someone over nothing. 

It was really weird. The cousin mentioned a second girl and very erratic behavior from the victim, but I wonder if they ever interview that girl.

• Like 2

Very strange case. Killed over paranoia??? We have been seeing that a lot lately. People knocking on a stranger's door, pulling into a stranger's driveway. Only cops are allowed to shoot/kill out of paranoia. 🙄 I couldn't make the surveillance footage match what they said. The couple left the area the man was killed at & he pulled in, so how'd they cross paths??? Did he actually circle the area like the murderer said? His cousin didn't ask why he was shining his flashlight at the rooms? Was he on something? He was texting the co-worker who never responded, what about the women he met with? They're lucky the murderer confessed.

• Like 2

WHY are people so stupid to leave their doors unlocked, keys in the ignition, cars running to be an easy target?!?!!! What kind of country do they think we live in?!!! They think they're so special? No one would try to exploit their stupidity? I just don't get it. Then they wanna fight for their property because they really care about it so much they left it unsecured. 🙄 Unfortunately, he spoke his fate into existence. He was afraid of being shot to death & got a gun to protect himself, but didn't even have it on him? It was interesting to see this case as I've only seen surveillance footage of these crimes. I wanna know why they did it. They rented a car...to steal a car? To commit more crimes in, I guess. Them vermin never get they can't predict what someone else will do. I'm glad the murderer said what happened. Too bad the fool doesn't get to claim defense when he started the crime. You don't want to be afraid of being shot, don't try to steal someone's car!!! They should stop with those ridiculous, blurry photos & just play the footage for the suspects. Undone by the license plate reader! I love it! They need to be rounded up faster for the public's safety. It shouldn't take so long.

• Like 1

I am shocked, I mean, SHOCKED drugs & guns were involved! 😱😲 People trying to rob a drug dealer? WHAAATTTT???!!! I NEVER! 😅 Never gets old, huh? He was selling bags alright, bags of weed!!! Did they even bother to try to verify his "bags" story?!!! Check his cell records??? The dead boy was wearing a ski mask for "style." The robber style is in these days, I guess. 🤷‍♀️ Did the drug dealer kill him??? They didn't say. How did it take 2 years to get the last guy?!! Ridiculous!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Lindz said:

I am shocked, I mean, SHOCKED drugs & guns were involved! 😱😲 People trying to rob a drug dealer? WHAAATTTT???!!! I NEVER! 😅 Never gets old, huh? He was selling bags alright, bags of weed!!! Did they even bother to try to verify his "bags" story?!!! Check his cell records??? The dead boy was wearing a ski mask for "style." The robber style is in these days, I guess. 🤷‍♀️ Did the drug dealer kill him??? They didn't say. How did it take 2 years to get the last guy?!! Ridiculous!

I believe the drug dealer did kill him…. But it was ruled self defense since they were trying to rob him.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he got charged with illegal gun possession etc.   The  robbers got charged with the murder because it happened during a crime they were all involved in. 

I continue to be amazed by people’s poor life choices on this show.  

I really liked the lead detective’s attitude and how she looked at things 

• Like 1