Type keyword(s) to search

The First 48 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh Wow....Fallen Angel was terrific, it kept me up all night, it is a good thing I am retired and can do this. I didn't know anything about this case and I live in Atlanta, but do not really follow local news. It's a great little series, I totally recommend it. It is very well done. 

I missed the last episode. Hoping it will come on demand soon. 

• Love 2

I really like Quinn and Velasquez, and when I see them on another show, it's like a celebrity sighting.
One thing I really wish First 48 would discourage, is balloon releases.  I keep seeing photos of birds or other animals, who've choked to death.
Release butterflies, or toss flowers.

• Love 6

The first episode on 3/7/19 had an officer on a case at a gas station who pulled up the sheet on the murder victim named Levaugnte and realized it was his owncousin. They seemed quick to run to the suspect Willie’s house and grab him before having a case. While it seems Willie is the shooter and all, it appears the case has gone no where. No info available at all about the victim, charges or about Willie. Anybody know?

On 3/3/2019 at 8:45 PM, auntjess said:

One thing I really wish First 48 would discourage, is balloon releases.  I keep seeing photos of birds or other animals, who've choked to death.

I do have sympathy for the families of victims, but the balloon releases are simply cheesy and dangerous for wildlife. There are so many of them that they must be producer driven events.

• Love 5
On 4/20/2019 at 1:13 PM, CruiseDiva said:

I do have sympathy for the families of victims, but the balloon releases are simply cheesy and dangerous for wildlife. There are so many of them that they must be producer driven events.

I don't think the producers are encouraging this as we'll sometimes get the balloon release, sometimes gathering where they're grilling out remember the family member lost, sometimes it's them following up with the family in their living room. I think it depends on the family what they decide to do to honor their family and if they will allow a follow up to even be filmed. 

That said, it may seem cheesy to us audience members but to these family members its their way of celebrating the life of a family member whom they've lost. I won't begrudge them that. 

The Tulsa case from last week was sad. An innocent life lost and a young man who ruined his life by making a terrible decision. The regret on his face made me sad for him. SMH.

I still cannot stand the Tulsa detectives. They are so abrasive with the way they demand people speak up and tell what happened when investigating a case. And if they don't speak up they call them heartless and immoral. Argh. They have no understanding whatsoever of the communities they work.  

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3
On 4/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, Enero said:

I still cannot stand the Tulsa detectives. They are so abrasive with the way they demand people speak up and tell what happened when investigating a case. And if they don't speak up they call them heartless and immoral. Argh. They have no understanding whatsoever of the communities they work.  

Some of them are worse than others.  The older, heavier guy is OK.  
The you skinny one with the smirk, is that Leatherman, I don't care for.
(Not bow tie guy, who quit.)

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Some of them are worse than others.  The older, heavier guy is OK.  
The you skinny one with the smirk, is that Leatherman, I don't care for.
(Not bow tie guy, who quit.)

Wow. Bow Tie guy quit? I had no idea. I wonder what’s the story behind that. 

I just finished watching the episode on Kay Raines, very sad that she was killed by her own child. He was a cold SOB too. When the evidence was piling against him I thought sure he’d either confess or they’d find him dead from suicide. But nope. He kept trucking along without blinking an eye.  Cool as a cucumber, with not an inkling of remorse. He’s awaiting trial and with the evidence against him he’ll likely be convicted but good the tracking device was still active on the car. I think the court order on those are for a limited time. If they’d not tracked him to where he’d buried her, he’d likely have gotten away with it. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6

I like Ritter and Leatherman in Tulsa, and the heavyset guy. The bald headed guy is always pressuring witnesses to talk when it will put them in danger. He tries to make them feel like it is their duty and they owe it to their community. Yeah, but is he going to personally ensure their safety... I think not. 

The one I really can't stand is Summer from the squad that wears all the hats. 

Bow Tie just left cuz he was burned out. 

Thursday's episode was pretty interesting. I am glad they are having a few episodes that are not just the usual drugs/gangs stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Dave Walker is the bigger gent, and I really like him too. Nate Schilling was the one who retired, and IIRC it's Jason White who is the one who's often a bit impatient with suspects and a bit preachy. I like that whole squad, though. Det. White's bio says he's also a "crisis negotiator for the Special Operations Team and a member of the Critical Incident Response Team."

I do get the impatience, though. When you've got a suspect in there who has the IQ of a small soap dish, and who's been BSing you from the get-go, and you know he's lying full of crap, it's hard to sit there and be polite and go along with it day in and day out.

What they don't seem to show very often is the investigators lying right back at the perps. It happens a lot -- at least in some departments -- but they choose to omit it. You get grainy video but tell him that "the real video" will show him doing the deed, and they often bite. Likewise, I don't think they've ever shown the tactic of threatening a wife/GF/etc with having her kids taken away when she's "doing 30 years for her part" (when in reality she'd be looking at probation, 6 months of house arrest, or community service) unless she comes clean and gives up the info.

The tactic I like is to make it seem like the're not really bad people, and "if you can show me it was all just a stupid mistake and how sorry you are" I'll make sure the jury hears how good a guy you are and you'll probably get off with a minimal sentence." Sign here. (Then get done for Murder-One.)

It's really an act of salesmanship in there, if you get right down to it. As Pembleton said in Homicide:Life On The Street "Then what you will be privileged to witness will not be an interrogation, but an act of salesmanship as silver-tongued and thieving as ever moved used cars, Florida swamp land or bibles. For what I am selling is a long prison term to a client who has no genuine use for the product." And it sure as hell is true in real life.

• Love 4
On 5/1/2019 at 7:25 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

I do get the impatience, though. When you've got a suspect in there who has the IQ of a small soap dish, and who's been BSing you from the get-go, and you know he's lying full of crap, it's hard to sit there and be polite and go along with it day in and day out.

That’s the thing though, if the suspects were that stupid then it would be a cake walk for the detectives to get them to confess but it’s often not. 

Though most of the criminals featured are gang banging drug dealers etc., some (not all) are actually very intelligent individuals but are caught up in that life whether by choice or circumstance. 

On 4/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, TVbitch said:

The bald headed guy is always pressuring witnesses to talk when it will put them in danger. He tries to make them feel like it is their duty and they owe it to their community. Yeah, but is he going to personally ensure their safety... I think not. 

Exactly. Though many of the witnesses may be descent people and do want their neighborhoods cleaned up, they’re between a rock and a hard place because if they reveal what they saw they are putting their lives and their families lives in danger. So I understand their reluctance to speak up. And the truth of the matter is the detectives don’t give a f*ck (this is most obvious to me in Tulsa), because they just want to solve their case and thus keep their rate of success at a respectable number. 

Thursday's episode was pretty interesting. I am glad they are having a few episodes that are not just the usual drugs/gangs stuff. 

I remember when this murder happened. When I heard how the gentleman was killed I suspected the wife was involved. It just didn’t make sense that an upstanding businessman would be gunned down in his driveway and not even robbed. I immediately knew it was personal. This case will likely end up on Snapped too. I feel terrible for their kids. I believe they are still minors, losing both parents, one to murder and the other to prison for murdering the dead parent. SMH. Sad. 

• Love 6

Is this season over? This show has the weirdest run. Sometimes it's two episodes on one night, sometimes none. Then it disappears for a month and pops back up.  

• Love 1
On 5/5/2019 at 10:32 AM, Enero said:

That’s the thing though, if the suspects were that stupid then it would be a cake walk for the detectives to get them to confess but it’s often not. 

Though most of the criminals featured are gang banging drug dealers etc., some (not all) are actually very intelligent individuals but are caught up in that life whether by choice or circumstance. 

The smart ones know to lawyer up the instant the cuffs go on. They have some understanding of the fact that the state has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and they're not going to give their potential jailers a single shred of evidence. Make them work for it. And for many of them, they learned that lesson the hard way in the past.

The dumb ones "try to clear their name" or minimize their involvement in the crime. That rarely works out well. What most of these rocket surgeons don't get is that if they place themselves in the car/on the scene when the dude got whacked they're probably going to be hit with the same charge as the one who did the deed (rightfully so).

If an investigator gets one of the latter type, even if he can't get a confession he's going to try every trick in the book to get them to at least place themselves at the scene, or maybe hit the secondary jackpot and get full access to their phone. But when they just sit there and pull stories out of their ass and expect the investigators to buy every word as gospel, I can see the detectives getting frustrated.

• Love 4

One of last week's stories ("Random Acts") has to be truly one of the most disturbing cases I've ever seen....and I've seen a lot. I wonder of the state is going for the Bonus Round with that guy. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, auntjess said:

For all Caroline Mason (Memphis) fans, she and Tony Mullins do talking-head segments in In Ice Cold Blood, Ice T's show on Oxygen.
Episode is Vanished Cop or something like that, and it will air again next Monday sometime.
https://www.oxygen.com/in-ice-cold-blood/season-2/the-vanishing-cop
It says you can watch online.
In Ice Cold Blood is a good show.

It IS a good show!  I was so happy to see Caroline Mason again; she is a Lt Colonel now!  And she still has the jewelry and the nails and all the glam!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 10:04 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

The smart ones know to lawyer up the instant the cuffs go on. They have some understanding of the fact that the state has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and they're not going to give their potential jailers a single shred of evidence. Make them work for it. And for many of them, they learned that lesson the hard way in the past.

The dumb ones "try to clear their name" or minimize their involvement in the crime. That rarely works out well. What most of these rocket surgeons don't get is that if they place themselves in the car/on the scene when the dude got whacked they're probably going to be hit with the same charge as the one who did the deed (rightfully so).

If an investigator gets one of the latter type, even if he can't get a confession he's going to try every trick in the book to get them to at least place themselves at the scene, or maybe hit the secondary jackpot and get full access to their phone. But when they just sit there and pull stories out of their ass and expect the investigators to buy every word as gospel, I can see the detectives getting frustrated.

I guess when the suspects lawyer up they are just buying some time.

Probably they go back to their cell trying to remember te names of all the people who can name them as the killer.

one of my best friends works as a translator in the court and he says that  the omertà, the code of silence in the criminal world is bs. Some of them would snitch on their mothers if they think that would help them.

Edited by El maestro
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, El maestro said:

I guess when the suspects lawyer up they are just buying some time.

Probably they go back to their cell trying to remember te names of all the people who can name them as the killer.

one of my best friends works as a translator in the court and he says that  the omertà, the code of silence in the criminal world is bs. Some of them would snitch on their mothers if they think that would help them.

Some would, but a lot won't. Especially if they know their "associates" will have their back, give them alibis, intimidate witnesses and so on. The dumber ones, though? Yeah. They'll give it up, or at least give up enough to earn themselves an all-expenses-paid vacation for 15-to-life. You'd think that by now the gang hierarchies would instill upon their new recruits that the first thing they say if they get popped is "I'm asserting my right to remain silent" and then shutting their face. And never, ever give any kind of statement to the police voluntarily. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Some would, but a lot won't. Especially if they know their "associates" will have their back, give them alibis, intimidate witnesses and so on. The dumber ones, though? Yeah. They'll give it up, or at least give up enough to earn themselves an all-expenses-paid vacation for 15-to-life. You'd think that by now the gang hierarchies would instill upon their new recruits that the first thing they say if they get popped is "I'm asserting my right to remain silent" and then shutting their face. And never, ever give any kind of statement to the police voluntarily. 

That's what always surprises me because you'd think they would do that. People with long criminal records or in gangs. Ask for a lawyer and not say a word. Nope, they go on and talk pretty much confess or give up a bunch of information and then ask for a lawyer. Sure now ask for one. You'd really think they would know to shut up. Anything can and will be used against them. The cops/detectives aren't making that up. Anything you say to cops is a statement. If you say something in an interview that ends up being different then what you say later? Yes, that will be brought up at your trial or to your lawyer in a deal offer. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's what always surprises me because you'd think they would do that. People with long criminal records or in gangs. Ask for a lawyer and not say a word. Nope, they go on and talk pretty much confess or give up a bunch of information and then ask for a lawyer. Sure now ask for one. You'd really think they would know to shut up. Anything can and will be used against them. The cops/detectives aren't making that up. Anything you say to cops is a statement. If you say something in an interview that ends up being different then what you say later? Yes, that will be brought up at your trial or to your lawyer in a deal offer. 

Precisely. But remember, a lot of these guys are as sharp as a bowling ball. Even on the show, many of the accused are clearly of the room temperature IQ set. As it was explained to me years ago by an buddy who was on the job for well over a decade, most of these guys live in the here-and-now and, like an animal caught in a trap, will do anything to get free. So if they're offered the chance to "make things right" or to "tell your side of it, since you don't seem like a cold-blooded killer" they think they can smooth-talk their way out a charge.

Also think about all the detective shows on TV. How many of them come even close to real procedure? Fake TV detectives always haul in the suspects, and those suspects always talk, so if some real-life offender watches any of those moronic shows and thinks that's going to work, they'll quickly learn that don't fly in the real world.

Fact is, if you know you're the one wot offed the dude, and you find yourself in the "box", well, you're almost certainly going to jail tonight; they'll almost always have enough PC to lay a charge, and the questions being asked are just so many nails in your own coffin, or keys to your own cell. But for the sake of a safe society, I'm glad that so many of these idiots don't realize it.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 12:37 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

I agree that people should have learnt to shut their mouths. But even in the real Mafia perps are ready to sing as soon as they are sitting down in the interrogation room.

Most of these guys have warrants and they are going to jail, no matter what. It is pretty rare to have a first time offender in homicide.

i think another reason is that these crimes are frequently committed by a group of individuals and all of them think they can’t count on the loyalty of the rest. Add up the use of drugs and the prospect of being the fall out guy and some lawyers may try to plea deals better than go to court.

Edited by El maestro
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, El maestro said:

I agree that people should have learnt to shut their mouths. But even in the real Mafia perps are ready to sing as soon as they are sitting down in the interrogation room.

Most of these guys have warrants and they are going to jail, no matter what. It is pretty rare to have a first time offender in homicide.

i think another reason is that these crimes are frequently committed by a group of individuals and all of them think they can’t count on the loyalty of the rest. Add up the use of drugs and the prospect of being the fall out guy and some lawyers may try to plea deals better than go to court.

Still the best policy is to shut up and make the coppers earn their pay. What the suspects often don't get is that one of two things is happening. One, they have enough probable cause to charge you with the crime regardless of what you say. In this case you're going to jail, Even if you say nothing, and they have sufficient evidence, you're probably going to get convicted unless you've got a good lawyer.

Or two, they ain't got squat, and they need you to implicate yourself, even in some minor way. Saying absolutely nothing here will get you home tonight. Maybe they'll get you later, but tonight at least you sleep in your own bed.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just watched the episode where the guy was gunned down on his bicycle. I'm sorry to say that this is the first time I've watched an episode and had very little sympathy for the victim. 

He was an abuser, and his family knew this, but of course he was the nicest man in the world and would give the shirt off his back to any one, but he'd beat the crap out of his girlfriend. Yeah okay.

It was completely wrong for the son to chase him down and kill him. They should've called the police after he choked the mother, but I can see how logic goes out the window and anger takes hold in a situation when ongoing abuse is involved. 

The Tulsa case with the killer Brennan Lovett was crazy. He is clearly a sociopath. The way he confessed to just shooting people because he could was chilling. I'm sorry he was successful in killing Wayne Bell an individual who looked to be giving back to the community, but at the same time I'm glad he was unsuccessful in killing others. Thankfully he was caught.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4
On 6/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, Enero said:

I just watched the episode where the guy was gunned down on his bicycle. I'm sorry to say that this is the first time I've watched an episode and had very little sympathy for the victim. 

He was an abuser, and his family knew this, but of course he was the nicest man in the world and would give the shirt off his back to any one, but he'd beat the crap out of his girlfriend. Yeah okay.

It was completely wrong for the son to chase him down and kill him. They should've called the police after he choked the mother, but I can see how logic goes out the window and anger takes hold in a situation when ongoing abuse is involved. 

The Tulsa case with the killer Brennan Lovett was crazy. He is clearly a sociopath. The way he confessed to just shooting people because he could was chilling. I'm sorry he was successful in killing Wayne Bell an individual who looked to be giving back to the community, but at the same time I'm glad he was unsuccessful in killing others. Thankfully he was caught.

When you watch more episodes you notice the producers usually try to present the victims in a positive way, even if they had committed offenses before.

• Love 3

It still never stops amazing me how so many suspects do not think before answering. One guy he seemed to think he came up with a perfect explanation for why he was picked out of a photo lineup. It wasn't really him. It was his brother and they look so much a like that if you put down a picture of both men they'll look exactly like. So the detectives next questions is no surprise to anyone except him. 'So your brother killed him? Are you saying your brother is a murderer? He doesn't say anything. He keeps trying to think of something to say. He thought he came up with a good explanation for him and yet didn't seem to see the flaw in that explanation. 

One a few months back there was video on him. Oh no he wasn't there. He wasn't even in the area. Even though his cellphone pings in that area. Nope, he wasn't there. He was at Target. Really? Your going to pick a place that probably had a half a dozen cameras for the entire time period?   I swear you can sometime imagine their future lawyer already hitting his or her head against their table.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, andromeda331 said:

It still never stops amazing me how so many suspects do not think before answering. One guy he seemed to think he came up with a perfect explanation for why he was picked out of a photo lineup. It wasn't really him. It was his brother and they look so much a like that if you put down a picture of both men they'll look exactly like. So the detectives next questions is no surprise to anyone except him. 'So your brother killed him? Are you saying your brother is a murderer? He doesn't say anything. He keeps trying to think of something to say. He thought he came up with a good explanation for him and yet didn't seem to see the flaw in that explanation. 

One a few months back there was video on him. Oh no he wasn't there. He wasn't even in the area. Even though his cellphone pings in that area. Nope, he wasn't there. He was at Target. Really? Your going to pick a place that probably had a half a dozen cameras for the entire time period?   I swear you can sometime imagine their future lawyer already hitting his or her head against their table.

It is amazing how many people are caught nowadays thanks to their cell phones.

Las summer in Spain a friend who is a cop told me there are finding many career criminals ditching their smartphones and going back to flip phones to reduce the risk of leaving a big trail of info behind.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2019 at 6:34 PM, El maestro said:

It is amazing how many people are caught nowadays thanks to their cell phones.

They're a treasure-trove of information. Location pings can be as accurate as 3 feet in certain places. Also half of these geniuses brag about their lifestyle and sometimes their crimes on social media. There's also voice call metadata, and text messages that don't go away.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

They're a treasure-trove of information. Location pings can be as accurate as 3 feet in certain places. Also half of these geniuses brag about their lifestyle and sometimes their crimes on social media. There's also voice call metadata, and text messages that don't go away.

Both of those never stop surprising me because you really think they'd be a little smarter then that or cracking me up because of how dumb they are. "I wasn't there!" but their cellphones ping right next to the dead body. Yes please tell us what your cellphone was doing there? They brag about their crimes on social media and are shocked, shocked that the police show up and arrest them. They have no idea how the police found them. You posted it on Facebook you idiot. Of course their going to show up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 10:09 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

In the show many times we watch the cops looking Facebook pages to look for suspects. And the suspects are posting pictures of themselves. Amazing.

• Love 4

I've always wondered why most departments shown don't know how to read the room, so to speak. If you've got a hardcore 'banger in interrogation it seems to me like you'd make better progress sending in an undercover-trained interrogator, wearing street clothes and talking the talk. Make the perp feel more comfortable, like he's talking to someone who gets it.

Maybe start out with the suit-wearing primary. When he/she gets the distinct impression that the interview is going sideways fast, step out, wait 10 minutes and send in the U.C. guy to babysit. He waits a few minutes then starts trying to work magic. I bet it would get a few more confessions that might not otherwise happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I've always wondered why most departments shown don't know how to read the room, so to speak. If you've got a hardcore 'banger in interrogation it seems to me like you'd make better progress sending in an undercover-trained interrogator, wearing street clothes and talking the talk. Make the perp feel more comfortable, like he's talking to someone who gets it.

Maybe start out with the suit-wearing primary. When he/she gets the distinct impression that the interview is going sideways fast, step out, wait 10 minutes and send in the U.C. guy to babysit. He waits a few minutes then starts trying to work magic. I bet it would get a few more confessions that might not otherwise happen.

Most likely because it’s illegal?  
If it wasn’t, undercover cops would be sitting in the jail cell or open area just waiting for those confessions/bragging  to happen. 

Nothing illegal about it at all. Also don't forget that the US Supreme Court ruled years ago that' it's 100% legal for the cops to lie to a perp. But I"m not talking about tricking the perp here; rather having a UC-trained cop come in to mind the store while the primary is off doing research (or make it seem that way to the subject). "Hey, I'm Det. Smith. Det. Jones sent me in here to make sure you're OK while he's out." Just sit there and make small talk. Make the guy feel a little more at ease. "You live on 6th St? My brother lives at 6th and Elm."

Gain his confidence and play the waiting game. Pretend like you're half-interested, find some point of common ground (of course, the UC will know all about his background and can tailor a story to fit) and maybe he's going to let something slip with someone who looks, dresses, and talks like him rather than some buttoned-up guy in a suit who speaks cop.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, El maestro said:

n the show many times we watch the cops looking Facebook pages to look for suspects. And the suspects are posting pictures of themselves. Amazing.

...with the murder weapon.

• Love 5

Thursday's episode was so tragic. I notice a lot more of the cases this season are not the usual drug/gang stuff but everyday people who cross paths with criminals and sociopaths. It makes for more compelling TV, but some of this shit is downright scarey. 

I may have teared up during the Sgt. Walker stuff. I will miss him. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Thursday's episode was so tragic. I notice a lot more of the cases this season are not the usual drug/gang stuff but everyday people who cross paths with criminals and sociopaths. It makes for more compelling TV, but some of this shit is downright scarey. 

I may have teared up during the Sgt. Walker stuff. I will miss him. 

This weeks’  criminal was so evil.  That 16 year old will probably never walk out of that prison.  Multiple armed robberies, rape, murder all in one day.   

Not to make  light of any of it- it was truly horrible, but I have a question. Do you think he was lying about visiting his girlfriend at her work? The detective asked him where she worked, and he said ‘ I don’t know’.  Didn’t make any sense to me. 

• Love 3
On 1/24/2020 at 9:03 PM, mythoughtis said:

This weeks’  criminal was so evil.  That 16 year old will probably never walk out of that prison.

He's done. Life Without Parole is very rare for juvenile offenders but Green got what he deserved. Well, less than what he deserved, but all that the law allows for. Perhaps his new life associates will make their feelings known to him in the coming years.

Teen gets life without parole for crime spree, killing of Broken Arrow teacher, the harshest sentence for a minor in Tulsa County since 2004

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, TVbitch said:

Good season so far. Glad they seem to have put Summer on the back burner in that crew. 

Thus far I’ve not really enjoyed this season as much as the previous ones. I think because most of the cases shown have been in Tulsa. I’m not a fan of the detectives  there. 

Hopefully as the season progresses they’ll profile more cases in Atlanta, Mobile and Charlotte. 

• Love 1

I'm liking the Detective Speaks ones, where they revisit old ones, but the detectives give more background.
This was the homeless murders in Atlanta, and it has Quinn and Velasquez, but also others.
Cleveland has always been my favorite, but I'm liking Atlanta now, both for the detectives.

• Love 2

Last night the Blood Lust episode aired. That killer was insane. He was really unlike most of the killers we see. He actually went out looking for someone to kill before finding a homeless man and shot him five times. He said he got another urge or trigger by simply watching TV and went out to kill someone. That poor homeless five times then went to the train and worried the man wasn't dead so he loaded his gun again and went back to shoot him again. He confessed to killing four people. One in Stone Mountain, the two that the Detective in Atlanta were investigating and a woman in another city I think Decatur. In the beginning he rambled on about acting and being an actor. He claimed to have earned a lot of money from acting. The Denzel Washington movie Flighter and its ending ended up being what he and the Detective used to get the confession. Towards the end of his confession he said after he killed four people. He decided he was going to stop and move on with his acting career. Sure that seems likely. 

Oh, and the only reason he was arrested in first place? He was caught hopping the turnstile but transit cops who found the gun in his backpack which had been a rare gun and bullets. Up until that point the cops had no leads. Even the gun being rare lead no where. There was only one man in Atlanta who was registered with that gun but it had been stolen and the man couldn't even say when it was stolen. He just noticed sometime over the summer it was gone. 

• Love 4

I went looking for some more information on the season five episode The Good Book.  It's the one where the victim was found in her burned-out car, death due to stabbing.  Her ex had been stalking her.  He was eventually convicted, but we never know what actually happened.

The ex had been driving around in the victim's car with two homeless crackheads.  One of the crackheads said that the ex planned to burn the car for the insurance money.  That made no sense, because the car didn't belong to the ex, so he wouldn't have collected anything.

We never know where the victim was when the ex was driving around in her car with the crackheads.  Was her body in the trunk?  Did he drop the crackheads off and go back and kill the victim and then burn the car?

The ex was convicted largely because of the victim's Bible.  One of the crackheads took it from the car because the ex had said he was going to burn the car, and the crackhead didn't think it was right to burn a Bible.  Him having the Bible helped to prove that he was in the victim's car with the ex, so it helped convict the ex.  But we still don't know the timing, when and where the victim was killed, etc.

But while I was searching for more information on this case, I found an article from a Miami newspaper, talking about the sloppy work done by some of the detectives on the show -- Miami in particular -- resulting in at least 13 of the show's convictions being overturned and people being released from prison.  Lawsuits are pending. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just watched the episode that aired on Thursday “Triggered”. Here’s another case where I didn’t  feel sorry for the victim. He didn’t deserve to die, but he sounded like a piece of sh*t. If his behavior was as outrageous as claimed he sounded like he was either high out of his mind or an ass, or both. Spitting on someone is one of the worst things anyone can do. And that night he came at the wrong person. Ironically enough, he probably never expected this woman to leave her job at the Arby’s drive-thru and gun him down. Crazy case, yet sad. SMH. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Enero said:

I just watched the episode that aired on Thursday “Triggered”. Here’s another case where I didn’t  feel sorry for the victim. He didn’t deserve to die, but he sounded like a piece of sh*t.

I thought she was right to feel threatened, and was outraged at the length of her sentence.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I thought she was right to feel threatened, and was outraged at the length of her sentence.

So was I. But you know what, she might’ve had trouble before hence the long sentence. When the cops were questioning her, she did say she was not supposed to have a gun. So I’m thinking she might’ve had a previous felony conviction or was on probation which would’ve prohibited her from having a weapon. 

Edited by Enero
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2