Type keyword(s) to search

BBC America

• Start Topic

I was just watching coverage of the Jubilee with Kattie Kay, "...reporting from Washington...oops, I mean London". With all the crap going on in the US & Ukraine, it's hard to find coverage of something peaceful. I love seeing all the various military uniforms, the horses, The Mall (just read somewhere this morning that it's pronounced "mal"), and the cute little princes and princess riding in a carriage. Is this their first assignment as royals?

In October, streamer Disney+ made a deal with the BBC to internationally distribute Doctor Who starting in 2023, taking it off linear networks like BBC America in the US. AMC Networks, who half owns the channel with the BBC, is struggling financially and has been canceling some programs that they've renewed like Moonhaven and are otherwise cutting staff and other expenses. Losing Doctor Who (for at least new episodes) and previously the completion of Killing Eve, and co-owner AMC Networks' financial issues suggests to me that the channel will possibly get killed or repurposed sometime in the next couple of years. BBC America isn't playing near enough British shows to justify its existence in my opinion, especially with it doing regular marathons of Bones, Law & Order (US edition), the various Star Trek shows and old movies and other US programs

• Sad 2
On 12/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, DanaK said:

In October, streamer Disney+ made a deal with the BBC to internationally distribute Doctor Who starting in 2023, taking it off linear networks like BBC America in the US. AMC Networks, who half owns the channel with the BBC, is struggling financially and has been canceling some programs that they've renewed like Moonhaven and are otherwise cutting staff and other expenses. Losing Doctor Who (for at least new episodes) and previously the completion of Killing Eve, and co-owner AMC Networks' financial issues suggests to me that the channel will possibly get killed or repurposed sometime in the next couple of years. BBC America isn't playing near enough British shows to justify its existence in my opinion, especially with it doing regular marathons of Bones, Law & Order (US edition), the various Star Trek shows and old movies and other US programs

Just when I thought I'd be able to start watching Doctor Who again.  Fuckety fuck.