Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Based on the article, it sounds like it was John who wanted to publicize this issue.

I do think this came from him, my question was why didn't she just tell him "No Thank You" to the invite to begin with? Bethenny has no issues dragging him out to garner sympathy/support a few years ago, like promising to bring Bryn down to meet him. But now it's all about how abusive he was to HER and Bernadette all because he asked her for an answer about attending his daughters wedding.

• Love 4

I do think this came from him, my question was why didn't she just tell him "No Thank You" to the invite to begin with?

Because she's not a perfect person and thought quietly avoiding an awkward invite to a wedding of someone she didn't know was better than a blunt "No, thank you"?

I mean, John is at fault here as well, but as far as your actual question, unless Bethenny decides to speak on this tiff with her ex step dad (and forgive me but "“There were a few occasions, over the space of a year or two, when I slapped or pushed Bernadette" is John Parisella publically admitting spousal abuse, so the "but I never punched Bernedette" does not mean he was not a wife beater and abuser" - if anything ever confirmed to me that Bethenny wasn't making shit up, its this casual admission coupled with the whole "but I never did X so ITS ALL LIES" does it for me) - we will never know why.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Where it's going, when it's going, who is getting it, and what it will be used to buy. 

Right - because the charity as of yet has no financial documents or history to prove how past donations have been spent. You can't look it up on Charity Navigator or elsewhere to see how much goes to admin, or if there have been any financial issues, etc etc. And since B Strong is not even a charity set up to help victims of natural disasters, accounting for every penny - from an inexperienced charity operating in an area they aren't set up for anyway -- doesn't seem out of bounds, imo. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2017 at 1:46 PM, film noire said:

I don't think the majority of people seeing that t-shirt will know it's for victims of Hurricane Harvey. YMMV

The upside to that is it is a multi crisis shirt!  It could be used for whatever crisis is befalling an area.  It would work as well for Irma, the fires all over CA AND Harvey.  As someone who gets shirts made for their job it seems much more fiscally responsible to have a catch all crisis shirt than an extra 5000 (made up number) Harvey shirts that don't sell.  Silver lining guys.

On 9/3/2017 at 10:55 PM, diadochokinesis said:

So, there is actually a really good reason financially to do the generic #thisisacrisis t-shirt instead of one advertising specifically Hurricane Harvey. She is using this hashtag across her charity which allows her to place a bulk order for these t-shirts. The more t-shirts you order, the more the price drives down. For example, you know those $5 flag tees that Old Navy sells?  It costs them $1.40 to make those tees. However, if she did just a run of 500 shirts that were specific to Harvey, the price would go up significantly (probably around $7 a tee since it is a 1 color print job) and then she would be stuck with leftover t-shirts. By using one generic design, she can reuse it for multiple purposes which will drive down the overall cost. 

Should have read further before I posted.  Said essentially the same thing.

• Love 7
On 9/3/2017 at 11:42 PM, film noire said:

As much as I dislike how Frankel has gone about doing this,  I think she's using the hashtagged t-shirt as a vehicle for visibility for her charity, but not as a vehicle to avoid unsold shirts /cost (that's a Ramona play :) And it's a pre-order t-shirt, so they know the order amount before jumping in.

She is not getting the orders for the shirts and THEN ordering them from the manufacturer.  My guess is she ordered a few thousand to drop the price and they won't be sent out til 9/8 because they have to be made.  I just ordered 288 shirts from a manufacturer with our business design and it took 6 weeks to get them.  The shirt retails (with a different but same number of colors design) for almost $30.  I got them for about $5/shirt.  If I had ordered many more the price would have dropped more.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The upside to that is it is a multi crisis shirt!  It could be used for whatever crisis is befalling an area.  It would work as well for Irma, the fires all over CA AND Harvey.  As someone who gets shirts made for their job it seems much more fiscally responsible to have a catch all crisis shirt than an extra 5000 (made up number) Harvey shirts that don't sell.  Silver lining guys.

But, is the money made for the sales of her shirts going to various victims of these crisis's or are they only going to B Strong/DFS members only  that were affected by the "crisis"? There is a difference IMO and that distinction needs to be clear cut to everyone and I don't think it is. From what I understand, any money raise is going to B Strong/DFS only and Bethenny is asking her SG partners to donate products, such as water, food, whatever it is they make that could help, to the general public affected by the hurricane. Again, she is keeping the money separate for her charity/DFS, not giving it to help those in need that are not already part/members of DFS. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

The upside to that is it is a multi crisis shirt!  It could be used for whatever crisis is befalling an area.  It would work as well for Irma, the fires all over CA AND Harvey.  

And the Columbia River Gorge fire, which is destroying one of the most beautiful areas in the PacNW because some punk ass bitch teen thought he'd be clever and lob firecrackers down the dry hills. Mods, apologies for the OT but #gutwrenching

• Love 9
Just now, SCS said:

And the Columbia River Gorge fire, which is destroying one of the most beautiful areas in the PacNW because some punk ass bitch teen thought he'd be clever and lob firecrackers down the dry hills. Mods, apologies for the OT but #gutwrenching

THAT is awful!  I hope his parents have to pay BIG!  And then when this waste of skin is 18, HE ALSO pays big.  I am so sorry!  

• Love 5

And since B Strong is not even a charity set up to help victims of natural disasters, accounting for every penny - from an inexperienced charity operating in an area they aren't set up for anyway -- doesn't seem out of bounds, imo. 

Has B Strong ever been cited for not using funds appropriately? I'm genuinely curious. Charities are monitored because of their tax status so its not as easy as people think to commit fraud this way. 

But, is the money made for the sales of her shirts going to various victims of these crisis's or are they only going to B Strong/DFS members only  that were affected by the "crisis"? There is a difference IMO and that distinction needs to be clear cut to everyone and I don't think it is.

If you're that concerned, don't buy a shirt, and give your money to a different charity. Personally I am donating to a local charity a friend recommended in Texas. I don't really understand the distinction you're drawing with whether the donated funds go to people already in the Dress for Success/B Strong charity in Houston or if the funds go to different Harvey victims - if someone was in DFS already, and then was flooded out, they are still going to need extra assistance, but really, if you don't like it, then don't donate there. There's plenty of options out there.

• Love 11

Bethenny is being required to explain where every dime is going to go in advance. Specifically.  Every last detail.  Where it's going, when it's going, who is getting it, and what it will be used to buy. 

Good thing she is focused on the actual charity of it all and has gotten more than $200k so far.

Based on the article, it sounds like it was John who wanted to publicize this issue.

Yup, he seemed to be instigating and provoking a reaction out of her. On purpose?

She only has herself to blame for that, she was very unclear about everything from the start

Most people seemed to get what she was doing from the start. I have seen very little criticism of her actions with regards to the charity...if anything, she has been applauded and given kudos for her efforts.

Who knows, she might use them for a charity drive for Irma...

• Love 8

On WWHL, Andy said that Beth is headed to Houston. Who better to go than the richest homeless person ever?

Right, who better?  She should send an employee?  I hope she goes and sees exactly how the money and services are being handled.  In addition she did say that any gift cards would be delivered by her personally since they amount to cash.

She has said they are looking at Irma now and making decisions on the donations.

And speaking of donations, did you hear what JJ Watt is going to do with his $27 million?  Last I heard it was something in the future and no money had been distributed.  So I think you are all going after small potatoes with Bethenny's $300K in money and goods.  You should spend more time questioning what JJ Watt is doing with $27 million.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Has B Strong ever been cited for not using funds appropriately? I'm genuinely curious. Charities are monitored because of their tax status so its not as easy as people think to commit fraud this way. 

If you're that concerned, don't buy a shirt, and give your money to a different charity. Personally I am donating to a local charity a friend recommended in Texas. I don't really understand the distinction you're drawing with whether the donated funds go to people already in the Dress for Success/B Strong charity in Houston or if the funds go to different Harvey victims - if someone was in DFS already, and then was flooded out, they are still going to need extra assistance, but really, if you don't like it, then don't donate there. There's plenty of options out there.

She has been pretty up front, until HH that is, that ALL money donated to B Strong will go to DFS and no where else. Where she blurred the line was asking for donations for HH without saying the money was strictly for DFS but again, it was strictly for the CC office of DFS and their members along side Huston's DFS HH member victims only. I have to say, these women/their families, will get extra help because of DFS/Bethenny.

I also gave to a local charity my cousin, who lives in Huston, recommended. As for B Strong getting sited, this is a new charity, so I don't think she has had to give an accounting as of yet. Hopefully, there will be no problems.

• Love 1

Right, who better?  She should send an employee?  I hope she goes and sees exactly how the money and services are being handled.  In addition she did say that any gift cards would be delivered by her personally since they amount to cash.

You mean she kept her word? That bitch!

Amen.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She has said they are looking at Irma now and making decisions on the donations.

And speaking of donations, did you hear what JJ Watt is going to do with his $27 million?  Last I heard it was something in the future and no money had been distributed.  So I think you are all going after small potatoes with Bethenny's $300K in money and goods.  You should spend more time questioning what JJ Watt is doing with $27 million.

Glad to hear she is going, does she give a date she will be there?

I just googled JJWatt to see what you are talking about and found nothing. What am I missing?

• Love 2

I used Yahoo and searched with jj watt hurricane Harvey and found:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jj-watts-youcaring-fundraiser-hurricane-120000904.html

http://www.khou.com/weather/harvey/jj-watt-fund-reaches-27-million-for-harvey-relief-/471605081

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/05/news/companies/jj-watt-harvey-houston/index.html

As near as I can tell, we have a guy with no charity experience raising 27 million in days and no one is asking hard questions at all. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I just googled JJWatt to see what you are talking about and found nothing. What am I missing?

What I'm missing is what JJ Watts and his fundraising have to do with us discussing Bethenny - the topic is not every other person in the world running an excellent/slipshod/mediocre/downright horrible fundraising effort, but what she's doing -- unless they've joined fundraising forces, how does criticizing him (and have at it, when it comes to taking people's money no celeb should be above scrutiny) have anything to do with her?

As for B Strong getting sited, this is a new charity, so I don't think she has had to give an accounting as of yet. 

As far as I know, that's where they are.

eta: 

I believe the original concern was making sure  that the charity dollars weren't diverted the way they were during Hurricane Sandy by unscrupulous fundraisers who just jumped on the bandwagon?

No, that would be a misreading of what I said, imo. My original comment ("drawing resources away from the orgs with the reach and infrastructure able to handle this scale of disaster." ) does not equal  "unscrupulous fundraisers".   The first is an assessment, the second is a slur. 

And -- to be very clear -- I didn't say anything about Frankel that has come close to that  description ("unscrupulous fundraisers")  of what my concerns are. I've said she's sincere, but that sincerity does not replace professional/charity/non profit experience; I've said the t-shirts are in no way duplicitous, but confused messaging; I've said she is diverting dollars from orgs set up to handle disasters, not raising money by unscrupulous means. 

its not about disliking Bethenny, its about a genuine concern about all charitable dollars going to the people who need them, right?

Yep -- so if people want to go after JJ Watt for being sloppy/confused/duplicating services/whatever it is they think he's doing, have at it. (And let me know where the discussion is happening ;) I just don't see how his fundraising is on topic for this thread.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

So I think you are all going after small potatoes with Bethenny's $300K in money and goods.

Who better to "go after" than the subject of the thread?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

If the concern about Bethenny's charity is really how she's inexperienced and not explaining exactly where every penny will go before it's spent... then one would think that JJ Watt's 27 million raised with no organization or oversite would also raise eyebrows. I believe the original concern was making sure  that the charity dollars weren't diverted the way they were during Hurricane Sandy by unscrupulous fundraisers who just jumped on the bandwagon?

That is the concern about BStrong/DFS - its not about disliking Bethenny, its about a genuine concern about all charitable dollars going to the people who need them, right?

I mean you said this, Film Noire - 

Yeah, that must be it -- or maybe, having lived through Sandy, I throw a hard side-eye at anyone -- celeb or private citizen - drawing resources away from the orgs with the reach and infrastructure able to handle this scale of disaster.

I assumed "anyone" didn't mean "Just Bethenny Frankel".

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I used Yahoo and searched with jj watt hurricane Harvey and found:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jj-watts-youcaring-fundraiser-hurricane-120000904.html

http://www.khou.com/weather/harvey/jj-watt-fund-reaches-27-million-for-harvey-relief-/471605081

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/05/news/companies/jj-watt-harvey-houston/index.html

As near as I can tell, we have a guy with no charity experience raising 27 million in days and no one is asking hard questions at all. 

Watts is seeking out advise from other relief org. that have done this work for years, which is a good thing, not a bad thing and he has said from the beginning of this disaster that this money is for long term help after groups like the RC move on. I haven't seen Bethenny say that she is seeking advice from disaster relief groups to help guide her, at least as of today and I don't count DFS as a disaster relief org. 

50 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

If the concern about Bethenny's charity is really how she's inexperienced and not explaining exactly where every penny will go before it's spent... then one would think that JJ Watt's 27 million raised with no organization or oversite would also raise eyebrows. I believe the original concern was making sure  that the charity dollars weren't diverted the way they were during Hurricane Sandy by unscrupulous fundraisers who just jumped on the bandwagon?

That is the concern about BStrong/DFS - its not about disliking Bethenny, its about a genuine concern about all charitable dollars going to the people who need them, right?

I mean you said this, Film Noire - 

I assumed "anyone" didn't mean "Just Bethenny Frankel".

See above. I also don't think you can compare Watts Foundation and Bethenny's B Strong Charity either, they are apples to oranges in what they are doing and who they are helping. Bethenny/B Strong will be helping a small/narrow segment of people affected by the hurricane that are already members of DFS, whereas Watts, will be helping a much larger, wider group of people, pretty much anyone that needs help, especially children and their families. That said, Watts needs to be monitored like all charities are IMO.

• Love 4

Is anyone who donated to Bethenny's charity complaining? I mean, if you don't like what she's doing, don't donate. Seems pretty simple to me. There are plenty of charities that others support that I personally do not for various reasons. Are the people who are donating to hers complaining that they feel they were duped or they were confused about what was happening or that they don't appreciate it going specifically to DFS instead of the general affected public in TX? I follow her on Snapchat but not Instagram, so I have no idea. 

The celebrity thing works in a similar way to the tshirt thing on some people. Some are more likely to donate because the exchange for something like a shirt, a cup, a pen, etc for whatever reason pushes them over the edge into donating. There's a reason that all these charities do it (I have lots of personalized return address labels from St. Judes sitting in my office drawer right now.) Others are moved by their favorite celebs. I don't see what's wrong with either if it pushes people from thinking about donating to actually doing so. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Otherkate said:

Is anyone who donated to Bethenny's charity complaining? I mean, if you don't like what she's doing, don't donate. Seems pretty simple to me. There are plenty of charities that others support that I personally do not for various reasons. Are the people who are donating to hers complaining that they feel they were duped or they were confused about what was happening? I follow her on Snapchat but not Instagram, so I have no idea. 

The celebrity thing works in a similar way to the tshirt thing on some people. Some are more likely to donate because the exchange for something like a shirt, a cup, a pen, etc for whatever reason pushes them over the edge into donating. There's a reason that all these charities do it (I have lots of personalized return address labels from St. Judes sitting in my office drawer right now.) Others are moved by their favorite celebs. I don't see what's wrong with either if it pushes people from thinking about donating to actually doing so. 

I don't think any of them were complaining but they had questions about how their money would be used, she had a live question/answer session because she was getting so many questions. So, I think there has been a bit of confusion about what would be given to help everyone and what was going to be given to DFS members only. 

• Love 4

Why is people asking questions and Bethenny taking the time to do a q&a suspicious? It sounds like there was confusion and she tried to clear it up.

I will admit, I am still confused on what you mean by DFS "members" - are you referring to the recipients of Dress For Success's charitable dollars? Or are you suggesting the charitable money is going to paid workers in the organization? Usually a "member" of an organization is an employee  - I've never seen anyone refer to someone receiving help from the Red Cross as being "a member of the Red Cross". 

• Love 4

I think it's important to donate.  Many people donate to a celebrity charity and many people prefer a more mainstream approach.  Many people donate under their own name or in honour of someone else and many people donate anonymously. I'm in favour of all of it.  What I don't love--and this is obviously only my own opinion--is anyone trying to establish that this method of donation is worthier and purer than that method of donation.  There is not or should not be a hierarchy of donation which is then used to virtue-signal the purity of the donator's intention.  

If someone donates to Bethenny's charity to show off the t-shirt who would not think of donating if they didn't get the t-shirt I give 0 fucks.  Their money is just as good and it's going to the right place.  One thing I'm sure of:  the IRS and charity commissions are gonna be all over these accounts.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Why is people asking questions and Bethenny taking the time to do a q&a suspicious? It sounds like there was confusion and she tried to clear it up.

I will admit, I am still confused on what you mean by DFS "members" - are you referring to the recipients of Dress For Success's charitable dollars? Or are you suggesting the charitable money is going to paid workers in the organization? Usually a "member" of an organization is an employee  - I've never seen anyone refer to someone receiving help from the Red Cross as being "a member of the Red Cross". 

I never said it was "suspicious".....ever! I have said from the get go that what she said was "confusing", which is why some here, including me, have pointed that fact out.

DFS members are women that already are registered with DFS for help, not their volunteers/employees. 

• Love 1

Truthfully then, I don't understand what you're confused about or why it's a concern to you if you are choosing to not donate to the charity.

If someone in Houston was already receiving help from DFS, or if its someone who asks for help because of the storm and is in Houston, its still going to the impacted area. 

The real concern for all of these pop up charities is making sure the charity runners aren't pulling a Joel Osteen. Whether someone was working with DFS for help before the storm or needs help after isn't on my radar. 

I do suspect with ALL of these charities that some will shift if Irma hits Florida as badly as it could.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I never said it was "suspicious".....ever! 

Yeah, I never got that at all from any of your posts.

DFS members are women that already are registered with DFS for help, not their volunteers/employees.

Right -- and then they can (if eligible) apply to join the PWG.

I linked/listed the eligibility requirements several pages back, but briefly:

Red Cross helps anyone in the disaster zone -- citizen or tourist, they help you.

DFS: helps women with 1) a job interview and 2) A rec from a referring agency.

DFS's Professional Women's Group: Members are women who have used DFS, and have remained employed and stable for at least a year.

B-Strong = services and aid are available only to women in the Professional Women's Group. 

eta:

And what restrictions are there to joining the PWG?

DFS's Professional Women's Group: Members are women who have used DFS, and have remained employed and stable for at least a year.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

And forgive me but your concern about the confusion over a charity you're not donating to implies you are suspicious of it. If you have no suspicions and are happy to see Bethenny doing something for charity, then I apologize. 

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

And forgive me but your concern about the confusion over a charity you're not donating to implies you are suspicious of it. If you have no suspicions and are happy to see Bethenny doing something for charity, then I apologize. 

No, confusion means you do not understand what is said, suspicion means you doubt what is being said is true. I wasn't sure where the money Bethenny was raising for HH was going, she was unclear in the beginning, which is why she had to do a live Q&A to clear things up, hence my confusion. Good for Bethenny for helping DFS members get on the road to recovery, next up for her will be HI DFS victims.

I believe FN said what the basic qualifications were to become a PWG member.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I never said it was "suspicious".....ever! I have said from the get go that what she said was "confusing", which is why some here, including me, have pointed that fact out.

Pardon me for quoting you, Wirewrap ... not trying to single you out.  But what you said provides me with a good opportunity to address what I see going on all over the web.  Because it does feel to me like there is some suspicion about what Bethenny is doing.  And it goes beyond people simply being confused.

Bethenny's motives are being questioned, with some thinking she is only out for publicity, to build her personal brand, or garner publicity.

There are questions about who she is helping, as if aiming efforts at people who have a prior relationship with Dress for Success is somehow wrong because that means she is not helping absolutely any and everyone else who might need help.

There are questions about how she is raising money, as if selling t-shirts judged by some to be an inadequately messaged is some kind a heinous failure on her part.

Her business plan is apparently inadequate because she did not spell out enough specifics at the outset. 

Not to mention all the questions about whether she is right to be helping anyone at all - because she doesn't know how to conduct relief operations, there are better charities to give to first, etc etc.  This despite her clearly stated intention to meet relief needs that extend beyond immediate needs for food, water, and shelter.

Not trying to single anyone out here, but overall it does feel like there is a lot more ... concern? doubt? questioning? suspicion? of what Bethenny is doing than seems justified.  At least in my opinion.  YMMV

• Love 13

I guess I don't understand the issue with her money going to DFS. It makes complete sense for her and there are a lot of women who do feel strongly about DFS. Plenty of people refuse to donate to The Red Cross because of the many questions around how ARC handles its donations and has distributed relief in the wake of recent disasters. People donate in ways they feel comfortable with. However you choose to donate your time or money, it's good with me. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Pardon me for quoting you, Wirewrap ... not trying to single you out.  But what you said provides me with a good opportunity to address what I see going on all over the web.  Because it does feel to me like there is some suspicion about what Bethenny is doing.  And it goes beyond people simply being confused.

Bethenny's motives are being questioned, with some thinking she is only out for publicity, to build her personal brand, or garner publicity.

There are questions about who she is helping, as if aiming efforts at people who have a prior relationship with Dress for Success is somehow wrong because that means she is not helping absolutely any and everyone else who might need help.

There are questions about how she is raising money, as if selling t-shirts judged by some to be an inadequately messaged is some kind a heinous failure on her part.

Her business plan is apparently inadequate because she did not spell out enough specifics at the outset. 

Not to mention all the questions about whether she is right to be helping anyone at all - because she doesn't know how to conduct relief operations, there are better charities to give to first, etc etc.  This despite her clearly stated intention to meet relief needs that extend beyond immediate needs for food, water, and shelter.

Not trying to single anyone out here, but overall it does feel like there is a lot more ... concern? doubt? questioning? suspicion? of what Bethenny is doing than seems justified.  At least in my opinion.  YMMV

No problem. The subject keeps getting discussed because those of us that have questions about Bethenny's B Strong HH donation drive keep getting called out to explain our position/opinion post after post. I try to address each post directed to me but if you go back and reread them, I pretty much say the same thing in each one. LOL That I was confused by what Bethenny was saying, that I disliked her T shirt logo but that I felt her heart was in the right place. 

50 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I guess I don't understand the issue with her money going to DFS. It makes complete sense for her and there are a lot of women who do feel strongly about DFS. Plenty of people refuse to donate to The Red Cross because of the many questions around how ARC handles its donations and has distributed relief in the wake of recent disasters. People donate in ways they feel comfortable with. However you choose to donate your time or money, it's good with me. 

I have no problem that all the money Bethenny is raising for HH disaster relief is going to members of CC/Huston DFS, but that isn't what she said in the beginning and, IMO, that caused confusion. 

• Love 2

No, confusion means you do not understand what is said, suspicion means you doubt what is being said is true.

Well put, WW.

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But what you said provides me with a good opportunity to address what I see going on all over the web.  

But even if people on PTV were doing what you've seen elsewhere on the web,  questioning Bethenny Frankel's life -- her marriage, medical issues, plastic surgery, media appearances, charitable work, branding efforts, love life, old porn movies, new real estate shows   -- and all points in between -- is well within the forum rules, and people would be doing what the forum was created for -- snarking on a housewife ;)  

12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I try to address each post directed to me but if you go back and reread them, I pretty much say the same thing in each one. LOL That I was confused by what Bethenny was saying, that I disliked her T shirt logo but that I felt her heart was in the right place. 

Yep, you've been pretty consistent :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Bethenny could eradicate world hunger and people would be focused on how she only did it in order to look good, and ignore that she has a solution to ending world hunger!  Who cares what her motives are if the work is getting done?

Why do we always question one but don't investigate the other?

I don't understand the Bethenny hate...

I'm not a huge fan, I could take her or leave her...but I think the world is a better place, when more people, just like Bethenny, take the initiative to help others.  How is this bad?  Kudos to B.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 15

I guess there is a certain amount of hesitation and questionable feelings about what Beth is doing for some of us because of having knowledge about Bethenny Frankel.  I don't think that Beth was clear in the beginning about where the money she was raising was going.  Sorry but Beth is about Beth and promotion of 'her' product.  Some, if not many, will disagree.  That's how I see her.  The tshirts say that to me.  This is a crisis and be strong doesn't say anything to me about Harvey.  It's about Beth's 'charity'.  It's about Beth.  Again, MMV.  And it's hard to explain.  I'm not saying that the money she's raised doesn't count.  It does.  But I don't see it as being 'pure'. 

JJ Watt has a whole different reputation than Beth.  He is about Texas.  He is about Houston.  He is totally different from Beth.  And I think people get that.  He's raised over $27 million in donations and there is pretty much no doubt that the incredible amount of money he's been able to raise is going to about 'the' victims.  It's just a whole different feeling as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 6

Is anyone who donated to Bethenny's charity complaining?

Not as far as I can tell, no.

but they had questions about how their money would be used

The only questioning I am noticing is on here...most people following her seem to accept what she is saying and either choosing to keep donating or to not donate.

If someone in Houston was already receiving help from DFS, or if its someone who asks for help because of the storm and is in Houston, its still going to the impacted area. 

Yeah, it isn't like she is taking the money and donating it to people in Nepal or something. It's going to people in Dallas.

tenor.gif

• Love 6

I guess there is a certain amount of hesitation and questionable feelings about what Beth is doing for some of us because of having knowledge about Bethenny Frankel. 

Yep. Just because she's raising money for charity - a good thing in itself - doesn't mean that there's not an ulterior motive (or "alterior", as Beth would say) for her doing so. She's repeatedly shown herself to be a narcissistic, insincere person, and a natural disaster doesn't change that.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

So in fact, all the concern expressed is indeed suspicion she is doing wrong?

No it's not. 1 poster expressing their distrust about her motives doesn't equate to everyone expressing their confusion over what she said as the same. Apples and walnuts IMO. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, film noire said:

... even if people here were doing what you've seen elsewhere on the web,  questioning Bethenny Frankel's life -- her marriage, medical issues, plastic surgery, media appearances, charitable work, branding efforts, love life, old porn movies, new real estate shows   -- and all points in between -- is well within the forum rules

... I never suggested anything posted has violated the rules, so not sure why you are telling me this ... ???  lol 

15 hours ago, film noire said:

I  haven't read anybody here accuse Frankel of engaging in a "heinous failure on her part" or questioning whether she has a "right to help anyone at all"

Oh, I think its been posted here.  A LOT.  From assertions that she doesn't know anything about disaster relief to attacks for diverting money from more legitimate charities, it's gone on since she made her first post about Harvey. She is too vague about what she is going to do, about who she is helping, she is not helping everyone she should or could be helping.  Her t-shirt is inadequate, inappropriate ... she has even been accused of trying to "merch" the disaster by selling it, which is just another word for trying to profit off of it.  

People are more than entitled to their opinion and PTV is the perfect place to express it, but let's not pretend Bethenny has not been shredded for virtually every aspect of what she has been doing to help the hurricane victims.  As Bethenny herself would say, "just own it." LOL  

12 hours ago, BBHN said:

The only questioning I am noticing is on here...most people following her seem to accept what she is saying ...

Yeah, it seems like no one is posing questions to her about her plans on social media anymore. She's answered every inquiry put to her.  I'm not sure what there is left to be confused about. 

13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I guess there is a certain amount of hesitation and questionable feelings about what Beth is doing for some of us because of having knowledge about Bethenny Frankel.  I don't think that Beth was clear in the beginning about where the money she was raising was going.  Sorry but Beth is about Beth and promotion of 'her' product.  Some, if not many, will disagree.  That's how I see her.  The tshirts say that to me.  This is a crisis and be strong doesn't say anything to me about Harvey.  It's about Beth's 'charity'.  It's about Beth.  Again, MMV.  And it's hard to explain.  I'm not saying that the money she's raised doesn't count.  It does.  But I don't see it as being 'pure'. 

So what you are saying, essentially, is that you are biased against her.

Fair enough. Thanks for responding.  I respect your honesty, Breezy424!

• Love 8

No it's not. 1 poster expressing their distrust about her motives doesn't equate to everyone expressing their confusion over what she said as the same. 

That's true --but even if everybody criticizing her was mired in distrust, why does it matter? -- I'm assuming people are talking about what they're interested in, for their own reasons,  not what I think they should be interested in, for my reasons.

... I never suggested anything posted has violated the rules, so not sure why you are telling me this ... ???  lol 

My point was (is): saying you feel, overall,  that people questioning Frankel are not justified ("Not trying to single anyone out here, but overall it does feel like there is a lot more ... concern? doubt? questioning? suspicion? of what Bethenny is doing than seems justified") could be applied to every thread in this forum, about any housewife.  That's what people do at PTV, whether the topic is lavender or charity -- so I'm not sure why this seems unjustified to you, or people's motives ("suspicion") are being questioned--?

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh, I think its been posted here.  A LOT.  

I didn't see anybody in here call/come close to calling Frankel a heinous failure.

From assertions that she doesn't know anything about disaster relief

She doesn't know anything about disaster relief; she said that herself (Thus the talk of a business plan/"I produced the Emmys and Grammys" comment during the Facebook discussion -- which is untrue, btw. She did not produce either.)

attacks for diverting money from more legitimate charities

DFS asked patrons to give directly to the Red Cross, not them. Frankel ignoring that request was discussed, yes.

And just talking about that -- or any of these things -- is not an attack, imo.

She is too vague about what she is going to do, about who she is helping, she is not helping everyone she should or could be helping.

She was too vague, and people asking her questions about it on social media/online prompted answers.

.Her t-shirt is inadequate, inappropriate ...

Yes, I think merching disaster is awful, no matter who does it.  (And fyi, I did not invent the term, Celia, nor am I the only person in the world who has problems with selling key chains and t-shirts branded with disasters.)  And yes, I think the B Strong t-shirt in particular did not highlight Harvey victims.

So what you are saying, essentially, is that you are biased against her.

I did not read Breezy's comment as that, at all -- being aware of someone's narcissism is not a bias, it's a data point.

Edited by film noire
getting way too close to board on board
  • Love 3

She's repeatedly shown herself to be a narcissistic, insincere person, and a natural disaster doesn't change that.

Disasters sometimes change people, even if just temporarily.

• Love 9

No it's not. 1 poster expressing their distrust about her motives doesn't equate to everyone expressing their confusion over what she said as the same. Apples and walnuts IMO. 

yummmmmm, apples and walnuts ;-)

• Love 4