Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can't help but applaud the sincere efforts of anyone who is trying to help the people effected by this disaster in any way they can. Bethenny included.  YMMV, of course.

It does vary ; )  I don't believe being sincere is a substitute for knowing what you're doing in a crisis, especially when you're a novice. You can be sincere and not be of any real help -- or get in the way of those who know better than you do -- so until you've got a handle on execution, I think it's always better to shine a spotlight on those who've proven they have the very skills you lack.  

But hopefully (waiting on what QuinnM says) all of B Strong's money is funneled solely into DFS  -- that way, they'll (essentially) be disbursing all the funds, not B Strong itself (and if that's true,  my beef with Frankel will still be how tacky she was to @ Michelle Obama, because the former First Lady -- who is so very out of Frankel's league in every way possible -- didn't need Bethenny Friggin Frankel to remind her to give by "calling on STRONG successful women to join me and act now". Pretty sure old Mish flipped open the family checkbook, several days ago. )

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

She put another video up on Facebook a few minutes ago. She seems sincere and like she's working hard.  She thanks many organizations and goes out of her way to name Nancy Rogers and Tinsley Mortimer.  I wonder how Tinsley is contributing.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

She put another video up on Facebook a few minutes ago. She seems sincere and like she's working hard.  She thanks many organizations and goes out of her way to name Nancy Rogers and Tinsley Mortimer.  I wonder how Tinsley is contributing.

Tinsley donated $10,000

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Unless she gave a head's up to every woman she tagged -  TACKY. As fuck.

I wonder how many shots it took to perfect that "anguished" look? Just the sign and a direct link to the charity would've sufficed, but of course marketing herself must always take priority above all else.

She should donate some of her booze, because folks always want/need a drink during the worst of times.

Thoughts and kudos to y'all living and volunteering in the affected areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I wonder how many shots it took to perfect that "anguished" look? Just the sign and a direct link to the charity would've sufficed, but of course marketing herself must always take priority above all else.

People do tend to react more if they see a celebrity versus just the text, so not the worst idea she has had.

Quote

Tinsley donated $10,000

Nice!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Unless she gave a head's up to every woman she tagged -  TACKY. As fuck.

Why?  She knows many of them.  Bethenny cannot do right by this crowd.  She is doing SOMETHING.  If she did nothing it would be endless bitching about how she doesn't use her fame to help anyone.  If she does she isn't doing it right.  She is doing a lot more than many people in this country.  I would say she was doing more than Osteen until he was shamed into action.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Bethenny cannot do right by this crowd.  

Or perhaps some of us have deep reservations about what she's doing/how she's doing it. 

Harvey aside -- and as much as DFS is a great charity -- it bugs me how DFS and B Strong have muddied  the presentation of what their partnership actually does. B Strong has been presented as something along the lines of "A woman in crisis can turn up needing help escaping an abusive relationship or legal counseling and B Strong will help."  But that's not true, there are eligibility requirements for receiving help. You have to have been a member of DFS's PWG (professional woman's group) for at least a year, and gainfully employed, to be eligible for the services B Strong is offering. It's not all women in crisis; it's members of DFS who have successfully landed on their feet, who are facing a setback. And that's a great service (they have about 11 - 12 K members worldwide) but make it clear you're helping that group of women alone, not all women in those situations. People might donate with that intent -- thinking you're providing immediate financial assistance for any abused woman, say -- when you're not actually providing that service.

And I'm assuming DFS / B Strong won't be limiting their Harvey help to members of the Texas chapters of DFS/PWG -- it will be open to any woman in the area who needs help -- but I'm not sure, b/c the wording on the national website for DFs seems a bit unclear to me:

"At the national level, Dress for Success Worldwide is receiving funds in support of its B Strong Initiative founded by Bethenny Frankel. An initial $20,000 will help to reopen the doors of our Corpus Christi affiliate, which suffered damage from the hurricane. Additional funds raised through B Strong and its supporters will be directed to our Houston and Corpus Christi affiliates to support the women and families they serve as part of our contribution to the recovery efforts. To support this work, make a donation to Dress for Success Worldwide and denote B Strong, Bethenny or Hurricane Harvey to ensure that your gift is directed accordingly."

https://dressforsuccess.org/news/hurricane-harvey/

I'm not sure if "the women they serve" means any woman in the area who needs professional clothing (i.e., I've got a job but lost my clothes in the hurricane) or just members of PWG and/or referrals to DFS.  (And I realize many people don't care where their donations go -  which is fine -- I'm not arguing anybody should care.)

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Why?  She knows many of them. 

She doesn't know Michelle Obama. And including MO alongside other "strong" women like friggin' Erica Jayne seems grasping, or -  at best - a bad miscalculation.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

but I'm not sure, b/c the wording on the national website for DFs seems a bit unclear to me

Well, the site also lists this as well:

"Right now, the most critical need is to support emergency efforts and we suggest contacting the American Red Cross directly."

That and the rest of the site seems clear to me.

Quote

She doesn't know Michelle Obama. And including MO alongside other "strong" women like friggin' Erica Jayne seems grasping, or -  at best - a bad miscalculation.

Maybe Bethenny is more inclusive and not judgemental on what defines a strong woman, and likes to celebrate all different types of women.

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, film noire said:

Or perhaps some of us have deep reservations about what she's doing/how she's doing it. 

Harvey aside -- and as much as DFS is a great charity -- it bugs me how DFS and B Strong have muddied  the presentation of what their partnership actually does. B Strong has been presented as something along the lines of "A woman in crisis can turn up needing help escaping an abusive relationship or legal counseling and B Strong will help."  But that's not true, there are eligibility requirements for receiving help. You have to have been a member of DFS's PWG (professional woman's group) for at least a year, and gainfully employed, to be eligible for the services B Strong is offering. It's not all women in crisis; it's members of DFS who have successfully landed on their feet, who are facing a setback. And that's a great service (they have about 11 - 12 K members worldwide) but make it clear you're helping that group of women alone, not all women in those situations. People might donate with that intent -- thinking you're providing immediate financial assistance for any abused woman, say -- when you're not actually providing that service.

And I'm assuming DFS / B Strong won't be limiting their Harvey help to members of the Texas chapters of DFS/PWG -- it will be open to any woman in the area who needs help -- but I'm not sure, b/c the wording on the national website for DFs seems a bit unclear to me:

"At the national level, Dress for Success Worldwide is receiving funds in support of its B Strong Initiative founded by Bethenny Frankel. An initial $20,000 will help to reopen the doors of our Corpus Christi affiliate, which suffered damage from the hurricane. Additional funds raised through B Strong and its supporters will be directed to our Houston and Corpus Christi affiliates to support the women and families they serve as part of our contribution to the recovery efforts. To support this work, make a donation to Dress for Success Worldwide and denote B Strong, Bethenny or Hurricane Harvey to ensure that your gift is directed accordingly."

https://dressforsuccess.org/news/hurricane-harvey/

I'm not sure if "the women they serve" means any woman in the area who needs professional clothing (i.e., I've got a job but lost my clothes in the hurricane) or just members of PWG and/or referrals to DFS.  (And I realize many people don't care where their donations go -  which is fine -- I'm not arguing anybody should care.)

 

My guess is that folks who give to this charity are comfortable with what is going on. Better to not help anyone if you cannot help everyone? And they are not going to be able to help everyone. Its nice when folks do what they can. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Maybe Bethenny is more inclusive and not judgemental on what defines a strong woman, and likes to celebrate all different types of women.

Nah (to use your favorite expression :) What happened is Frankel didn't even think about MO as anything but a get  -- if she had realized MO's position, she could've done a separate Insta asking Laura Bush, HRC, MO, Melania,  etc to join in. 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, film noire said:

She doesn't know Michelle Obama. And including MO in a list with other "strong" women like friggin' Erica Jayne seems silly, at best.

Who knows why she selected the women she did. Maybe they are people she knows already support this particular charity? I love Michelle Obama to pieces. She is my hero in many ways, but it would be hard to compile just a list of people that are that extraordinary in the way that she is extraordinary. Others are going to go on the list right along side her. And some do think that Erika is a strong woman. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Nah (to use your favorite expression :) What happened is Frankel didn't even think about MO as anything but a get  -- if she had realized MO's position, , she could've done a separate Insta asking Laura Bush, HRC, MO, Melania,  etc to join in. 

Nah (since you seem to like it too, here's one for you too :), why would she go that route? She seemed to choose women she either likes/respects/wanted to include (and it was a long list). And she wanted a diverse list. Should she have made separate posts for all the women based on occupation? I'm sure that would have gone down well with everyone.

Quote

I love Michelle Obama to pieces. She is my hero in many ways, but it would be hard to compile just a list of people that are that extraordinary in the way that she is extraordinary

MO seems to be someone who is inclusive and supports and celebrates the idea of strong women from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life, I doubt she has any issues with being included in Beth's list, or with the choices on the list.

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

. Better to not help anyone if you cannot help everyone? And they are not going to be able to help everyone. Its nice when folks do what they can. 

Not at all --  as I said,  it's a worthy cause to help members of PWG --  I just wish they were clear B Strong is limited to those group members.

4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Who knows why she selected the women she did. Maybe they are people she knows already support this particular charity? I love Michelle Obama to pieces. She is my hero in many ways, but it would be hard to compile just a list of people that are that extraordinary in the way that she is extraordinary. Others are going to go on the list right along side her. And some do think that Erika is a strong woman. 

But (even if she wanted to respond) it puts Michelle Obama in an impossible situation,  MCM -- you know MO's enemies would target her using those half naked pics of Ercia Jayne (or others on that list).

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Much like Bethenny, people who dislike MO will target her for...well, about anything. Based on that, better for MO to disappear from the public spotlight indefinitely, because it isn't like people who dislike her need a valid reason to go after her.  I mean, people are posting about her how husband was out golfing during Hurricane Katrina...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Nah (since you seem to like it too, here's one for you too :), why would she go that route? She seemed to choose women she either likes/respects/wanted to include (and it was a long list). And she wanted a diverse list. Should she have made separate posts for all the women based on occupation? I'm sure that would have gone down well with everyone.

I think women who have done public service --and been savaged by political enemies for it -- have a different level of visibility/responsibility to their legacy, and being sensitive to that is not too much to ask when you're calling on them to help.

And just practically, it allows them to engage; there's no way MO can involve herself in that list. But an insta asking political powerhouse women on both sides of the aisle to get involved? That gives all of those women cover. 

7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Based on that, better for MO to disappear from the public spotlight indefinitely, because it isn't like people who dislike her need a valid reason to go after her. 

How is being aware of a First Lady's needs when asking her to throw her power/stature behind your cause the same thing as asking her to disappear?

Edited by film noire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So...it is insensitive to call someone out individually, but not so insensitive to call out a group of similar women en masse? I don't see the logic of that.

There is no guarantee someone like MO would engage or not engage had women from the other side of the aisle been tagged or not; the fact that Beth didn't tag HRC shows that this isn't based on type of partisanship, it could just be people that Bethenny herself finds inspiring. But you can't please all of the people all of the time...

Quote

How is being aware of a First Lady's needs when asking her throw her power/stature behind your cause the same thing as asking her to disappear?

Because I don't see anything that Bethenny did was wrong when she tagged MO? I wasn't asking her to disappear, I was responding to your comment that people who disliked MO would take advantage of her for being included. If MO had to factor that in, then people who dislike would criticize everything she did (and in fact, many of them already do). She would then may as well disappear and not do anything, because her enemies would take advantage of her actions and positions on issues. They might even ask for her to be burned at the stake for being included on a Bravolrebrity's appeal for charity...

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, film noire said:

But (even if she wanted to respond) it puts Michelle Obama in an impossible situation,  MCM -- you know MO's enemies would target her using those half naked pics of Ercia Jayne (or others on that list).

No one is stronger than MO. She has been linked to and accused of supporting much more controversial people than Erika (was Erika even on the list - I didn't even notice). My girl is going to stand up for what she believes and not worry one bit about what folks say. Once you have been called an "ape in heels" and just go about the business of being awesome, being called out in a request for charitable funds from a reputable and well thought of organization along side Erika isn't going to get you all bothered. 

I do wonder however if the folks she sent it to have been involved in the charity. Looks like she has been involved for several years so she is probably aware of who has supported them in the past. She included Martha Stewart and they are certainly not friends. Actually, the folks that she didn't include interests me as much as those she did. Hardly anyone from the NY show, no one from the OC show. She didn't include Heather Thomson and they are friends according to both of them. I am sure the list could have been much longer. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I do wonder however if the folks she sent it to have been involved in the charity. Looks like she has been involved for several years so she is probably aware of who has supported them in the past. She included Martha Stewart and they are certainly not friends. 

I haven't seen MO linked to DFS - that would make a difference if MO was a patron of the charity already. Even if Frankel should have avoided dropping a First Lady in amid housewives (with Instas full of shit MO doesn't need to rebut/combat, she's got enough on her  plate) that would make her inclusion much more understandable. 

Quote

She didn't include Heather Thomason and they are friends according to both of them. I am sure the list could have been much longer. 

Probably because Heather doesn't have traffic, visibility, and/or deep corporate pockets - that would be my guess.

11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

So...it is insensitive to call someone out individually, but not so insensitive to call out a group of similar women en masse? 

I don't understand the question -- what are you referring to in my post?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I don't understand the question -- what are you referring to in my post?

This:

Quote

I think women who have done public service --and been savaged by political enemies for it -- have a different level of visibility/responsibility to their legacy, and being sensitive to that is not too much to ask when you're calling on them to help.

And just practically, it allows them to engage; there's no way MO can involve herself in that list. But an insta asking political powerhouse women on both sides of the aisle to get involved? That gives all of those women cover. 

Don't see how it's insensitive to tag an individual person, but somehow they get cover when you tag them all...?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

I haven't seen MO linked to DFS - that would make a difference if MO was a patron of the charity already. Even if Frankel should have avoided dropping a First Lady in amid housewives (with Instas full of shit MO doesn't need to rebut/combat, she's got enough on her  plate) that would make her inclusion much more understandable. 

I love her, but I don't think she rolls like that. Girl went on the Wendy Williams show (amid much controversy at the time, which she just brushed away). When you go on the Wendy Williams show, you are just one step away from being an honorary HW. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, film noire said:

Probably because Heather doesn't have traffic, visibility, and/or deep corporate pockets - that would be my guess.

Though she does have a clothing company that could donate clothing and underwear to displaced women.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Don't see how it's insensitive to tag an individual person, but somehow they get cover when you tag them all...?

Because giving them their own post (even if you're tagging them all) where only those women of MO's stature (such as Laura Bush, HRC, first ladies of states, etc) are listed, means nobody's linked with an Insta that is curated based on a "Look at my half naked tits" sensibility  (i.e., Ercia Jayne).

There's no guarantee these women will engage if you do that, but it's likely they will not if you don't, once their staff scroll through the other names.  Because if you're asking someone to do you a favor - throw their lifelong earned public respect behind your unproven charity -- make it as easy for them as possible, no?

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Because giving them their own post (even if you're tagging them all) where only those women of MO's stature (such as Laura Bush, HRC, first ladies of states, etc) are listed, means nobody's linked with an Insta that is curated based on a "Look at my half naked tits" sensibility  (i.e., Ercia Jayne).

But I doubt MO gives a crap about that. From what I have seen, she doesn't seem to be that insecure.

Quote

There's no guarantee these women will engage if you do that, but it's likely they will not if you don't, once their staff scroll through the other names.  

No idea what their staff will do. Maybe the staff follows the lead of their boss and not give a crap either?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Though she does have a clothing company that could donate clothing and underwear to displaced women.

True, but Frankel said (the day the list of names went up) they didn't any need clothing.

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, film noire said:

True, but Frankel said (the day the list of names went up) they didn't any need clothing.

Oh, okay. Maybe that's why she didn't include Heather.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

From what I have seen, she doesn't seem to be that insecure.

It's not about insecurity -- it's about making it easy for a highly visible public figure to get on board helping out your unproven charity without any glitches or missteps on your part.

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh, okay. Maybe that's why she didn't include Heather.

That's my best guess.

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Either way, I am sure MO isn't all that concerned about it.

Oh, I have no doubt MO saw Frankel's move for what it really was.

Share this post


Link to post

A way to try reach out to as many people as possible to try and get support and donations for her charity? Yeah, probably.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, BBHN said:

A way to try reach out to as many people as possible to try and get support and donations for her charity? 

Nah :)

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post

So anybody who had real questions showed up at the live and asked them.  

Arizona Tea, her partner on sparking water, is sending water. So nice shout out to them on twitter. 

All and all pretty impressive mounting of resources in a short time. Pastor Osteen might want to take a class on what to do besides waiting for someone to call him. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Pastor Osteen might want to take a class on what to do besides waiting for someone to call him. 

 

Yup. Smilin' Joel was on the news this AM trying to turn it around by claiming he and his crew are not about the haters, they're about the luuuuve and, O! look at us in our Temple to Mammon helping out! Maybe -- just maybe -- some of his flock will see that ministry for what it is.

And what it is not.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

It looks to me like Bethenny is taking this very seriously. She has given over her Twitter feed to it. And her FB page. She seems intent on making sure that she is updating anyone who might be interested constantly. Answering questions live on FB. Being transparent. Getting her partners like Arizona involved. I am seriously impressed. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

B Strong has been presented as something along the lines of "A woman in crisis can turn up needing help escaping an abusive relationship or legal counseling and B Strong will help."  

That was my assumption of what the charity is about, but then again, Beth made the event that was shown on the show all about herself, so who knows?

Quote

She didn't include Heather Thomson and they are friends according to both of them.

Like, they hang out?

Quote

She seems intent on making sure that she is updating anyone who might be interested constantly.

...and getting hits to her social media page.

Edited by jaync · Reason: assyness
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, film noire said:

She's not a pearl grasper, but the people who use her for political faux fodder are -- and I'm pretty sure lesson number one in raising money is not making it hard/awkward/ sticky for anyone high profile to get on board your cause. 

The idea that Michelle Obama would be all worried about her enemies seizing upon this to use as ammunition against her is inconceivable to me, to put it mildly. 

We are talking about a woman who has stared down the some of the most insidious shit ever thrown at a first lady.  She has been attacked for her race, for her looks, for her ideas, for her words, for her character, her mothering ... her goddamn wardrobe has been attacked.  The idea that she would be so afraid of being tagged in the same post as Erica Jayne that she would actually let it keep her from getting on board with a cause she believes in would actually be funny ... if it was not so insulting to her integrity.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Well, the site also lists this as well:

"Right now, the most critical need is to support emergency efforts and we suggest contacting the American Red Cross directly."

That and the rest of the site seems clear to me.

 

The Red Cross stuff wasn't unclear to me -- what I found unclear was whether the women B Strong/DFS are serving re: hurricane relief are only DFS grads/PWG members (as is the case for B Strong during non-emergency times) or if they're extending it to anyone in need (i.e. waiving their usual eligibility requirements). I'm assuming it's the latter.

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The idea that she would be so afraid of being tagged in the same post as Erica Jayne that she would actually let it keep her from getting on board with a cause she believes in would actually be funny ... if it was not so insulting to her integrity.  

I don't think she's frightened at all. I think she's unwilling to needlessly give any grist to the hate-mill, and bypasses anything sticky or messy -- unless it's a cause near and dear to her heart --  and I don't think it's at all insulting on my part to Michelle Obama, or her integrity,  to make note of what it entails to stand in her (fabulous) shoes.

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post

lol I can't even...

So Michelle Obama is so sacrosanct these days that her name can not be brought up in relation to a charity? Or Bethenny Frankel? Or bravo? Or whatever?

I'm fairly sure her "enemies" (such a political thriller BF has started) have other ammunition they can bring up against her other than some benign mention in some D List celebrity's Instagram.

Hope the reunion tonight is half as entertaining...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, film noire said:

I don't think she's frightened at all -- I think she's unwilling to give any grist to the hate-mill, and bypasses anything sticky or messy -- unless it's a cause near and dear to her heart.

I seriously doubt Michelle Obama spends as much time thinking about her haters as you think she does. Especially not ones ridiculous enough to think it is scandalous!!!  that she was tagged in the same post as some booby-flashing cheesetastic D-list reality star.  

That being said, I doubt even the dumbest, lamest, most grasping of her critics would actually think it was a worth even mentioning, anyway. It's just silly.  I can't believe such a big deal is being made out of it.  

 

35 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I mean, you know the one thing MO's opponents are monitoring to use against her is her being involved in a charity where she was tagged in an instagram post with a Bravolebrity who likes to show off her breasts.

LOL seriously.  This is JUST what they have been waiting for!!!  Michelle Obama has finally given them just what they need to bring her down! 

 

29 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think they'd play it like this: show the most salacious photos from the different Instas, with a misleading headline ("Michelle Obama caught in Charity Controversy! What was the former First Lady Thinking?")  and then run it into the ground, until nobody even remembered it was about aid to Houston.

You assume (1) that someone would bother to actually do this, and (2) that anyone would care about it if they did.  I think you are wrong in both your assumptions.  This does not even rise to the level of a tempest in a teapot.  It's more like a lukewarm puddle in the bottom of a cracked cup.  Just ... nuttn'

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, bagger said:

lol I can't even...

So Michelle Obama is so sacrosanct these days that her name can not be brought up in relation to a charity? Or Bethenny Frankel? Or bravo? Or whatever?

 How is criticizing Frankel for not making a smarter play in how she tried to get the former First Lady on board making MO sacrosanct?

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post

Has any of this actually happened? I mean, has Michelle Obama been mentioned as being in any sort of controversy with Bethenny?  Much like the harm that this charity request has caused (none as yet) , has this gotten any bad press for Michelle Obama at all? Because it seems silly to be handwringing with worry over how this *might* cause an issue?

I mean, dinosaurs *might* climb out of a sinkhole created from the flooding and rampage.... but until it's actually an issue, I'm ok with not worrying about it?

Has there been any backlash for anyone other than Joel Osteen? Frankly MO has always seemed to sort to be gracious about such shout outs. If she's not complaining, where's the rampaging T-Rex?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Because it seems silly to be handwringing with worry over how this *might* cause an issue?

Where's the handwringing? -- I criticized Frankel for making a dumb, thoughtless move in the way she tried to snag Michelle Obama's support,  explained why I thought it was dumb and suggested a better move would have been putting an appeal to MO in an insta with other former First Ladies (fed and state), none of which is comparable to worrying about "dinosaurs" climbing out of a sinkhole (unless the dinosaurs are named Gorka :)

Edited by film noire

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That being said, I doubt even the dumbest, lamest, most grasping of her critics would actually think it was a worth even mentioning, anyway.

'

Not to get too far off topic, but much less has been spun into much worse against Michelle Obama.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

Not to get too far off topic, but much less has been spun into much worse against Michelle Obama.

I seriously doubt that.  Considering this is like the absolute zero of things to ever possibly hold against Michelle Obama. 

I mean really ... some D-lister who doesn't even appear to know MO tagged her in a lengthy post trying to drum up interest in a charity alongside the name some woman who took her top off.

The number of fucks the world does NOT give about this cannot be expressed using current mathematics. There are not enough spaces to the right of a decimal point to show how small a percentage of people care.  There is no spinning this into anything that could ever touch Michelle Obama.  No amount of fake news stories could ever make this into an issue.

I really believe that only in the fevered imaginations of the most dedicated haters of either Bethenny Frankel or Michelle Obama could this ever actually be "a thing." And even then, alone in their cold dark beds, late at night. even they would have their doubts.    

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I mean really ... some D-lister who doesn't even appear to know MO tagged her in a lengthy post trying to drum up interest in a charity alongside the name some woman who took her top off.

Hunh? I never said MO just being tagged was the issue -- I said MO being included with the Erica Jayne/EJ types would make MO unwilling to chime in with a big fat yes and throw her weight behind Frankel's charity.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was referring to your last post in  which you claimed lesser stories have been spun into worse to hurt Michelle Obama

My point is there is no such thing as a story lesser than this one. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

That damn Bethenny Frankel being charitable!  I also heard that she slept her way to the middle!

I heard she couldn't even sleep her way to the bottom.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

How I feel about Michelle Obama: not on topic.

How you feel about Michelle Obama: not on topic.

Michelle Obama.

Not. On. Topic.

 

Went all the way left on this one, y'all. (I'd insert the Dorinda "Clip!", but I'm lazy.)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size