Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I just think it would be nice if agreements reached in peaceful times about how to raise a child didn't go out the window just because one spouse is feeling angry about being rejected and wants to spite the other parent or flex his muscle by going against decisions made together about what would be in the best long term interest of the child. 

Exactly.  Those hot dogs were out of spite, Bernadette.  Let me tell you about it in 50 emails I will send you in the next 24 hours so you never forget.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, film noire said:

I think bacon was what he fed Bryn -- the gateway meat! -- so it had preservatives (and bacon! -- did I mention bacon?)

Isn't she launching a deli meat skinny girl line?

B is simply insane if that story is true.

Let Bryn live her life.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well, Beth said she wouldn't have a problem with Bryn eating meat at parties and whatnot.  Why should she have a problem if Jason was feeding her healthy, nitrate free meat products on occasion?  Makes me think that isn't what he was doing.  

True.  Unless of course you have a parent who is willing to break previously agreed upon dietary rules for a child just to generate an issue with the other parent just to keep the drama going.  Kind of like a guy who sends fifty million emails for no good reason aside from insulting someone and trying to pick a fight, that is .... 

Yes, she only had a problem with what Bryn ate at her dads house, which is why this was all about controlling Jason! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she only had a problem with what Bryn ate at her dads house, which is why this was all about controlling Jason! 

Or, it's about Jason trying to stick it to Bethenny through his kid.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Or, it's about Jason trying to stick it to Bethenny through his kid.  

I really doubt that Jason decided to give Bryn hotdogs after agreeing with Bethenny to not give them to her, the kid was 15 months when Bethenny decided she, Bryn not Bethenny, would become a vegetarian. Bethenny made this decision on her own and again a 15 month/2 year old doesn't know what a vegetarian is let alone tell her mom she wants to be 1. This was all about Bethenny trying to control what Jason could and could not do when it came to his/their daughter without her consulting him first.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I really doubt that Jason decided to give Bryn hotdogs after agreeing with Bethenny to not give them to her, the kid was 15 months when Bethenny decided she, Bryn not Bethenny, would become a vegetarian. Bethenny made this decision on her own and again a 15 month/2 year old doesn't know what a vegetarian is let alone tell her mom she wants to be 1. This was all about Bethenny trying to control what Jason could and could not do when it came to his/their daughter without her consulting him first.

I guarantee that is exactly why he gave them to her, because he knew Bethenny didn't want it and wouldn't like it.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She wanted Bryn to be 1 until Bryn was older, in school, and they would then revisit the matter, according to her. And she said that it was what then 2 year old Bryn told her she wanted to be. 

Again, we don't know what Jason fed her. It is just as possible that the hot dogs he bought were healthy, nitrate free ones. This really was all about controlling Jason when Bryn was with him. 

I believe this actually.  I am sure she didn't say 'mommy, I want to be a vegetarian' but she may have asked for/gravitated towards veggie dishes.  I never wanted anything to do with meat as a child (I did like clams until they made be violently ill).  I didn't like the texture and wasn't that interested in the taste apparently.  I started eating some as I got older but refused hot dogs.  It is only as an adult I will eat SOME brands of hot dogs.  I occasionally eat meat but can go weeks without it.  My niece is almost 16 and has never been to a fast food restaurant (doesn't want to), her favorite food since she could point and choose has been salmon/broccoli and does not eat meat often.  She was older before she even tried it.  I find it fabulous when good eating habits are started early.  

I see the second bolded differently.  I see this as Jason saying eff you, I am doing what I want regardless of your health preferences for Bryn.  Seriously he couldn't hold off on feeding her processed crap until mutually agreed upon by both parents?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I guarantee that is exactly why he gave them to her, because he knew Bethenny didn't want it and wouldn't like it.  

Really? You don't think that Bryn ever had hotdogs before Bethenny made the decision that Bryn would not eat any meat (not just hotdogs)? I don't, I think that Bethenny made this decision without consulting Jason, and she doesn't have the right to make those kinds of decisions without him, to control Jason.

2 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It is about the child and what she wants not the parents stupid battle. So the only reason Jason and Bryn eat hot dogs and the gateway meat BACON (thank Film Noire) is to piss Betheny off?    

• Love 6
Just now, Natalie68 said:

I believe this actually.  I am sure she didn't say 'mommy, I want to be a vegetarian' but she may have asked for/gravitated towards veggie dishes.  I never wanted anything to do with meat as a child (I did like clams until they made be violently ill).  I didn't like the texture and wasn't that interested in the taste apparently.  I started eating some as I got older but refused hot dogs.  It is only as an adult I will eat SOME brands of hot dogs.  I occasionally eat meat but can go weeks without it.  My niece is almost 16 and has never been to a fast food restaurant (doesn't want to), her favorite food since she could point and choose has been salmon/broccoli and does not eat meat often.  She was older before she even tried it.  I find it fabulous when good eating habits are started early.  

I see the second bolded differently.  I see this as Jason saying eff you, I am doing what I want regardless of your health preferences for Bryn.  Seriously he couldn't hold off on feeding her processed crap until mutually agreed upon by both parents?

So now, we think Jason forced hotdogs on Bryn who didn't like eating them to spite Bethenny? I think we are now in bizzaro world, making up reasons to demonize Jason and to canonize Bethenny. LOL

My son preferred veggies over all foods, including cake/cookies, but it was my job as his mother to make sure his diet was balanced, veggies, carbs and meat at each meal.

• Love 6

Really? You don't think that Bryn ever had hotdogs before Bethenny made the decision that Bryn would not eat any meat (not just hotdogs)? I don't, I think that Bethenny made this decision without consulting Jason, and she doesn't have the right to make those kinds of decisions without him, to control Jason.

No, I don't think Bethenny was feeding Bryn hotdogs and suddenly decided to change to a vegetarian diet at 15 months and Jason had no clue of her decision.  From what I read, Jason and Bethenny while they were married and parenting Bryn, were feeding Bryn a vegetarian, mainly organic diet for the first two years of her life.  When Jason and Bethenny split, Jason decided to start feeding Bryn things that he knew Bethenny didn't want and wouldn't like (and without discussing any change with Bethenny), because he's a passive aggressive (and now it seems, aggressive aggressive) asshole who likes to push Bethenny's buttons.  

4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is about the child and what she wants not the parents stupid battle. So the only reason Jason and Bryn eat hot dogs and the gateway meat BACON (thank Film Noire) is to piss Betheny off?    

Absolutely.  100%.  

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

So now, we think Jason forced hotdogs on Bryn who didn't like eating them to spite Bethenny? I think we are now in bizzaro world, making up reasons to demonize Jason and to canonize Bethenny. LOL

My son preferred veggies over all foods, including cake/cookies, but it was my job as his mother to make sure his diet was balanced, veggies, carbs and meat at each meal.

I don't think he forced them down her throat, but I don't think little Bryn decided to wake up and grill herself a hot dog and make herself some bacon. 

• Love 3

Not at all!  Maybe she went for it who knows.  I am saying it isn't impossible for a child to pretty much demand not eating meat.   I WAS one.   Hot dogs are part of a balanced diet?  I guess that would fill the 'crap' portion of a diet.  

• Love 3
Just now, shoegal said:

No, I don't think Bethenny was feeding Bryn hotdogs and suddenly decided to change to a vegetarian diet at 15 months and Jason had no clue of her decision.  From what I read, Jason and Bethenny while they were married and parenting Bryn, were feeding Bryn a vegetarian, mainly organic diet for the first two years of her life.  When Jason and Bethenny split, Jason decided to start feeding Bryn things that he knew Bethenny didn't want and wouldn't like (and without discussing any change with Bethenny), because he's a passive aggressive (and now it seems, aggressive aggressive) asshole who likes to push Bethenny's buttons.  

They were not raising Bryn as a vegetarian, she was eating meat, that is until Bethenny wanted out of the marriage, Then all of a sudden she said that Bryn was to be raised a vegetarian and she claimed that it was Bryn's idea! Of course, Bethenny would still eat meat, just not Bryn. This was about controlling Jason's time with Bryn, it had nothing to do with Bryn's diet and I do not believe that Bryn never had a hotdog until Bethenny decided they were unacceptable. And again, it wasn't just that Bryn could not eat a hotdog, it was that she could not eat any meat.

4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Not at all!  Maybe she went for it who knows.  I am saying it isn't impossible for a child to pretty much demand not eating meat.   I WAS one.   Hot dogs are part of a balanced diet?  I guess that would fill the 'crap' portion of a diet.  

There have been healthy hotdogs around for years!

Well, we don't know how old Bryn was when Jason gave her a hot dog.  I believe she was six when the custody trial happened.  And we don't know how many hot dogs Jason has given her.  Bethenny was not specific on any of this.

By the age of six, many kids have been exposed to hot dogs and bacon.  The park, the zoo, barbecues, parties.  Apparently, she tasted them and liked them.  Does it mean she's on a bacon and hot dog diet?  No.

I also don't think that Jason has to ask permission from her mother.  The child seems very healthy so I don't think he's threatening her health.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

We are discriminating against bacon.  Bacon was also included.  And bacon has come without preservatives for years as well. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

• Love 10

They were not raising Bryn as a vegetarian, she was eating meat, that is until Bethenny wanted out of the marriage, Then all of a sudden she said that Bryn was to be raised a vegetarian and she claimed that it was Bryn's idea! Of course, Bethenny would still eat meat, just not Bryn. This was about controlling Jason's time with Bryn, it had nothing to do with Bryn's diet and I do not believe that Bryn never had a hotdog until Bethenny decided they were unacceptable. And again, it wasn't just that Bryn could not eat a hotdog, it was that she could not eat any meat.

That is not accurate, Bryn was not eating meat, she was eating some animal products such as cheese, but she was eating a vegetarian diet up until the divorce, when Jason then decided to start feeding Bryn meat without discussing it with Bethenny.  To spite her, of course.  

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, we don't know how old Bryn was when Jason gave her a hot dog.  I believe she was six when the custody trial happened.  And we don't know how many hot dogs Jason has given her.  Bethenny was not specific on any of this.

By the age of six, many kids have been exposed to hot dogs and bacon.  The park, the zoo, barbecues, parties.  Apparently, she tasted them and liked them.  Does it mean she's on a bacon and hot dog diet?  No.

I also don't think that Jason has to ask permission from her mother.  The child seems very healthy so I don't think he's threatening her health.

It would have happened between the divorce filing and custody settlement, which (according to Wikipedia) was January 2013-June 2014.  Bryn was born in mid 2010, so that would make her 3 years old. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

We are discriminating against bacon.  Bacon was also included.  And bacon has come without preservatives for years as well. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

Bacon is a wonderful thing.  It makes everything better!

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It would have happened between the divorce filing and custody settlement, which (according to Wikipedia) was January 2013-June 2014.  Bryn was born in mid 2010, so that would make her 3 years old. 

My bad.  The date on the article I was reading was wrong.  In any event, not to nitpick, Bryn was four.  She was born in May of 2010.

I still don't have a problem with a three year old being given a hot dog once in a while if they like them.

• Love 6
Just now, breezy424 said:

My bad.  The date on the article I was reading was wrong.  In any event, not to nitpick, Bryn was four.  She was born in May of 2010.

I still don't have a problem with a three year old being given a hot dog once in a while if they like them.

Well, not to nitpick, but since the testimony was May 2014, the behavior would have been prior to that in the time between the separation and the court date, so she would have been 3 when he was feeding her meat.  Unless Bethenny was testifying that he started feeding her meat in the past 2 weeks since she turned 4. 

I think the issue is that Bethenny, Bryn's mother, had an issue with her 3 year old being given a hot dog once in a while, even if she liked them.  Jason knew that, and did it anyway of course.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shoegal said:

Well, not to nitpick, but since the testimony was May 2014, the behavior would have been prior to that in the time between the separation and the court date, so she would have been 3 when he was feeding her meat.  Unless Bethenny was testifying that he started feeding her meat in the past 2 weeks since she turned 4. 

I think the issue is that Bethenny, Bryn's mother, had an issue with her 3 year old being given a hot dog once in a while, even if she liked them.  Jason knew that, and did it anyway of course.  

Why should the mother have precedence over the father as to what food the child can or cannot eat when they're in their care?

I did say I had no problem with a three year old a hot dog once in a while.

I guess  we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Love 7
Just now, breezy424 said:

Why should the mother have precedence over the father as to what food the child can or cannot eat when they're in their care?

I did say I had no problem with a three year old a hot dog once in a while.

I guess  we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The issue, IMO, is knowing that what you are feeding the child is going to piss off the other parent, and especially changing an agreed up diet without consulting the other parent.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Isn't she launching a deli meat skinny girl line?

B is simply insane if that story is true.

Let Bryn live her life.

Most people do not subscribe to the notion that you should just let a 2 year old "live her life". If they did, it would consist of ice cream, Happy Meals, no naps, and TV all day long. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

The issue, IMO, is knowing that what you are feeding the child is going to piss off the other parent, and especially changing an agreed up diet without consulting the other parent.  

Maybe imposing your rules on the father will piss off the father! 

1 hour ago, shoegal said:

That is not accurate, Bryn was not eating meat, she was eating some animal products such as cheese, but she was eating a vegetarian diet up until the divorce, when Jason then decided to start feeding Bryn meat without discussing it with Bethenny.  To spite her, of course.  

According to Bethenny, Bryn said that she wanted to be a vegetarian when she was 2, so she stopped feeding her meat then. No where does Bethenny say that they had been raising Bryn as a vegetarian since she was a baby, she ate meat before Bethenny decided she wanted Bryn to be a vegetarian and did so without consulting Bryn's father. It was a control tactic by Bethenny over Jason.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

It is very difficult to force any type of food upon a child.

My nephew ate mac and cheese almost exclusively up to the age of fifteen. 

21 minutes ago, shoegal said:

And yet she has no problem launching a line of diet deli meat products!

6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Most people do not subscribe to the notion that you should just let a 2 year old "live her life". If they did, it would consist of ice cream, Happy Meals, no naps, and TV all day long. 

She was not being imprisoned eating only hot dogs for fuck sake.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe imposing your rules on the father will piss off the father! 

According to Bethenny, Bryn said that she wanted to be a vegetarian when she was 2, so she stopped feeding her meat then. No where does Bethenny say that they had been raising Bryn as a vegetarian since she was a baby, she ate meat before Bethenny decided she wanted Bryn to be a vegetarian and did so without consulting Bryn's father. It was a control tactic by Bethenny over Jason.

Again, that is not accurate.  When Bryn was 15 months, Bethenny explained that she had Bryn on a vegetarian diet and that she was raising her as a vegetarian with the allowance that Bryn might change her mind when she's older.   Bethenny did not stop feeding Bryn meat, she did not feed her meat.  This was explained in a blog post that Bethenny wrote that has since been removed, but here is an article about the blog post:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankels-daughter-bryn-15-months-is-a-vegetarian-201129

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Why is it shocking to think that Bryn had never had a hot dog before they made the decision to stick with the veggies? My kids had never had a hot dog by that age. Because I have always thought them gross. So I didn't give them to my kids. When they were older they tried them. And promptly rejected them (one is a vegetarian since her early teens and the other a vegan). 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It is very difficult to force any type of food upon a child.

It is also very difficult for a 3 year old to eat any food that is not prepared for them.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

There have been healthy hotdogs around for years!

As my favorite football coach Mike Gundy would say "that ain't true". According to the article below, which was done when Bryn was 15 months old, they were already feeding her a vegetarian diet, and they were still married. No talk that Jason was unhappy with this decision. She talks about the fact that she is meatless, but that Jason "still consumes some animal products". Which makes it sound like he isn't eating much meat either. So she didn't make the decision just to fuck with Jason. Sounds like he was well aware that this was going to be the dietary standards for Bryn until she was older. So the bottom line is, if that is the diet she is consuming when she is with Bethenny, it is wrong for him to change that when she is with him. This is how things get funky in a divorce, and you can trust me on this. One parent is doing one thing and another is doing something different. If Jason was fine with the decision when they were together, and this was agreed upon, it is wrong of him to alter it without first talking to Bethenny. I am just not sure how this can be argued about. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankels-daughter-bryn-15-months-is-a-vegetarian-201129

ETA: Sorry for posting the article twice. Looks like Shoegal beat me to it up above. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Again, that is not accurate.  When Bryn was 15 months, Bethenny explained that she had Bryn on a vegetarian diet and that she was raising her as a vegetarian with the allowance that Bryn might change her mind when she's older.   Bethenny did not stop feeding Bryn meat, she did not feed her meat.  This was explained in a blog post that Bethenny wrote that has since been removed, but here is an article about the blog post:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankels-daughter-bryn-15-months-is-a-vegetarian-201129

Again, Bethenny said the SHE decided Bryn would be vegetarian, there is no mention that this was Ok with Jason. Oh, and Bethenny claimed in court (custody) that it was Bryn's idea to not eat meat, so once again, she changes her story to fit her narrative at the time. Which was to paint Jason as the bad parent. It is more than possible that Bryn asked for a hotdog and Jason allowed it.

6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Why is it shocking to think that Bryn had never had a hot dog before they made the decision to stick with the veggies? My kids had never had a hot dog by that age. Because I have always thought them gross. So I didn't give them to my kids. When they were older they tried them. And promptly rejected them (one is a vegetarian since her early teens and the other a vegan). 

You didn't feed the hotdogs because you didn't eat them/like them yourself/buy them, we can't say the same holds true for Bethenny. We have seen Bethenny cooking hd at her Hamptons house since she bought it, so I think it safe to say that Bryn likes them, so it is more than possible that Bryn asked to taste 1, liked it and wanted more. 

13 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It is also very difficult for a 3 year old to eat any food that is not prepared for them.  

How often do you think Bryn has seen people buying hds from the street vendors in NYC, maybe she wanted to try 1, like it and so Jason got them for the house. I really doubt that Jason forced Bryn to eat something she didn't want to.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

As my favorite football coach Mike Gundy would say "that ain't true". According to the article below, which was done when Bryn was 15 months old, they were already feeding her a vegetarian diet, and they were still married. No talk that Jason was unhappy with this decision. She talks about the fact that she is meatless, but that Jason "still consumes some animal products". Which makes it sound like he isn't eating much meat either. So she didn't make the decision just to fuck with Jason. Sounds like he was well aware that this was going to be the dietary standards for Bryn until she was older. So the bottom line is, if that is the diet she is consuming when she is with Bethenny, it is wrong for him to change that when she is with him. This is how things get funky in a divorce, and you can trust me on this. One parent is doing one thing and another is doing something different. If Jason was fine with the decision when they were together, and this was agreed upon, it is wrong of him to alter it without first talking to Bethenny. I am just not sure how this can be argued about. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankels-daughter-bryn-15-months-is-a-vegetarian-201129

To be fair, Jason wasn't asked, so we don't know his opinion.

We have no idea if Jason discussed this with her later.  Why does Beth have precedence over Jason when it comes to their daughter's diet?  And just because Beth says he gives her hot dogs and bacon, that doesn't mean that is her whole diet and eats meat every day when she's with him.  

Geez.  We usually don't start these conversations till Monday when we've run out of things to talk about.  :)

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Again, Bethenny said the SHE decided Bryn would be vegetarian, there is no mention that this was Ok with Jason. Oh, and Bethenny claimed in court (custody) that it was Bryn's idea to not eat meat, so once again, she changes her story to fit her narrative at the time. Which was to paint Jason as the bad parent. It is more than possible that Bryn asked for a hotdog and Jason allowed it.

You didn't feed the hotdogs because you didn't eat them/like them yourself/buy them, we can't say the same holds true for Bethenny. We have seen Bethenny cooking hd at her Hamptons house since she bought it, so I think it safe to say that Bryn likes them, so it is more than possible that Bryn asked to taste 1, liked it and wanted more. 

How often do you think Bryn has seen people buying hds from the street vendors in NYC, maybe she wanted to try 1, like it and so Jason got them for the house. I really doubt that Jason forced Bryn to eat something she didn't want to.

Bethenny and Jason were married and parenting together, yes Bethenny decided and Jason knew that was the plan.  It was not changed on him.  I have found no evidence that Bethenny claimed in court that it was Bryn's idea not to eat meat, it's not mentioned in any of the multiple articles I've read and since the court documents are sealed, I don't buy that assertion.  It doesn't seem that Bethenny is changing the narrative to fit anything.  

I don't believe that Jason forced Bryn to eat anything, but Jason controls the food that Bryn is allowed to eat.   She's not buying her own hot dogs. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Maybe she did want to try the bacon (I believe that was the actual offender). But if Jason knew that Beth wasn't feeding her this at home, he should have checked in first. Having one set of rules (the first being the set of rules that Bryn was use to) at one home and another at the other home will cause issues eventually.

So away from meat the big thing now is sugar. Sugar is the mortal enemy of society now. I deal with it every single day in my job. When I was raising my kids 20 years ago I thought I was a good parent if I gave them Cranberry Juice instead of a Coke. Now I would be taken out back and shot by some. Because sugar is the worst thing in the world. Many, many parents are trying to avoid giving their kids any sugar until the 3rd or 4th year, or even beyond (trust me on this, it has literally killed some of my products). My sister doesn't let her daughter have sugar in whatever way is possible. Her husband thinks she is looney tunes, but he goes along with it because it is important to my sister. So the kid has had very little sugar in her entire life (she is 10). She will eat cake at parties or have a soft drink with her friends, but for the most part, she pushes it away because it has never been part of her life for her whole life. If they had divorced when she were young, and my BIL gave her sugar when he had her, then she went home and she didn't get sugar, it would create issues. Daddy's house is more fun. He lets me have good stuff. You don't let me have good stuff that the other kids have. It is just a futile path leading to more problems down the road. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe she did want to try the bacon (I believe that was the actual offender). But if Jason knew that Beth wasn't feeding her this at home, he should have checked in first. Having one set of rules (the first being the set of rules that Bryn was use to) at one home and another at the other home will cause issues eventually.

So away from meat the big thing now is sugar. Sugar is the mortal enemy of society now. I deal with it every single day in my job. When I was raising my kids 20 years ago I thought I was a good parent if I gave them Cranberry Juice instead of a Coke. Now I would be taken out back and shot by some. Because sugar is the worst thing in the world. Many, many parents are trying to avoid giving their kids any sugar until the 3rd or 4th year, or even beyond (trust me on this, it has literally killed some of my products). My sister doesn't let her daughter have sugar in whatever way is possible. Her husband thinks she is looney tunes, but he goes along with it because it is important to my sister. So the kid has had very little sugar in her entire life (she is 10). She will eat cake at parties or have a soft drink with her friends, but for the most part, she pushes it away because it has never been part of her life for her whole life. If they had divorced when she were young, and my BIL gave her sugar when he had her, then she went home and she didn't get sugar, it would create issues. Daddy's house is more fun. He lets me have good stuff. You don't let me have good stuff that the other kids have. It is just a futile path leading to more problems down the road. 

Why should he check with Bethenny first, he is Bryn's father and has as much right to make these decisions as Bethenny does. Also, he would have known that Bethenny said that if Bryn asked to try it, she would give it to her. Sorry, 1 parent doesn't get to dictate to the other parent what to feed/not feed their children in their own home. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why should he check with Bethenny first, he is Bryn's father and has as much right to make these decisions as Bethenny does. Also, he would have known that Bethenny said that if Bryn asked to try it, she would give it to her. Sorry, 1 parent doesn't get to dictate to the other parent what to feed/not feed their children in their own home. 

I don't think anyone said Jason doesn't have the right to feed Bryn what he wants, clearly he does, but knowingly feeding your child something that you know goes against the wishes of the other parent is an asshole thing to do.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I don't think anyone said Jason doesn't have the right to feed Bryn what he wants, clearly he does, but knowingly feeding your child something that you know goes against the wishes of the other parent is an asshole thing to do.  

Not necessarily, we just don't know how this came about.  It is just as possible that Bryn asked to taste some bacon or a hd and Jason complied like Bethenny said she would if Bryn asked. If my scenario is true, then it makes Bethenny the manipulative asshole.

• Love 2

Not necessarily, we just don't know how this came about.  It is just as possible that Bryn asked to taste some bacon or a hd and Jason complied like Bethenny said she would if Bryn asked. If my scenario is true, then it makes Bethenny the manipulative asshole.

Three year olds eat what is prepared for them.  I'm doubting that Bryn woke up and was like 'daddy, I would love to try some bacon!'.  

• Love 2
(edited)

One of Bethenny's Food Rulz was that Bryn would be "allowed" to eat something non-vegetarian when she was older - supposedly to allow Bryn to avoid feeling "ostracized" by her peer group.  (I guess it's okay for Bryn to feel alienated from the food traditions of her 'white trash' father and grandparents.) So maybe the kid followed that rule, exactly;  maybe she pointed at something during a family party she wanted to try, or reached for a bite of what her father was eating off his plate (like every child in the history of recorded time has done, as you hold them on your lap while trying to eat), and Jason decided; this is your moment, kiddo, welcome to my childhood memories of potato salad and hotdogs at family BBQs.

Or maybe Jason did indeed hold Bryn down (he and Gramps still free-ballin', they'd grown to love it so much) and force feed Bryn bacon while screaming "MY CHILD IS NOW A CARNIVORE! TO THE YEAR ONE!" 

Whatever the reason, he's allowed to build a food bond with his kid based on his own family traditions, and without running it by Bethenny as if she were an authority figure, not a co parent. Because this isn't like taking your kid and  moving to Los Angeles (as Frankel wanted to do, post divorce) it's adding food items to your three year old's diet. There's no horrifying blowback, beyond Frankel not having total control over every last bite that goes into her daughter's mouth.

And since (during the marriage) she was already feeding her sixteen month old pizza, fries and starting her morning off with milk sweetened with agave,  her purity approach feels more like "Mommy is the only one who can say "yes" to forbidden foods" than anything else. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Three year olds eat what is prepared for them.  I'm doubting that Bryn woke up and was like 'daddy, I would love to try some bacon!'.  

Yes and No, kids like trying things they see their parents eating. If Jason made himself, Bethenny clearly stated that Jason still ate meat everyday, some bacon, Bryn asking to taste it would not be out of the question, in fact, it would be normal/expected. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

One of Bethenny's Food Rulz was that Bryn would be "allowed" to eat something non-vegetarian when she was older, supposedly to allow Bryn to avoid feeling "ostracized" by her peer group.  (I guess it's okay for Bryn to feel alienated from the food traditions of her 'white trash' father and grandparents.) So maybe the kid followed that rule, exactly;  maybe she pointed at something during a family party she wanted to try, or reached for a bite of what her father was eating off his plate (like every child in the history of recorded time has done, as you hold them on your lap while trying to eat), and Jason decided; this is your moment, kiddo, welcome to my childhood memories of potato salad and hotdogs at family BBQs.

Or maybe Jason did indeed hold Bryn down (he and Gramps still free-ballin', they'd grown to love it so much) and force feed Bryn bacon while screaming "MY CHILD IS NOW A CARNIVORE! TO THE YEAR ONE!" 

Whatever the reason, he's allowed to build a food bond with his kid based on his own family traditions, and without running it by Bethenny as if she were an authority figure, not a co parent. Because this isn't like taking your kid and  moving to Los Angeles (as Frankel wanted to do, post divorce) it's adding food items to your two year old's diet. There's no horrifying blowback, beyond Frankel not having total control over every last bite that goes into her daughter's mouth.

And since (during the marriage) she was already feeding her sixteen month old pizza, fries and starting her morning off with milk sweetened with agave,  her purity approach feels more like "Mommy is the only one who can say "yes" to junky food" than anything else. 

But she is a co parent, and doing things that you know she would disagree with behind her back without even so much as a discussion is not being a co parent, it's being a dick.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

A lot of times parents withhold until the kids are a little older because hot dogs are a choking hazard.  Bacon is never a choking hazard.  Crispy, salty, smokey bacon never a choking hazard.  ;-D

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

But she is a co parent, and doing things that you know she would disagree with behind her back without even so much as a discussion is not being a co parent, it's being a dick.  

Apparently, they had the discussion and Jason didn't agree.  It really isn't behind her back it is when Jason has custody of the child.  You either want the guy to leave you alone or you want to be in his life enough to tell him what he can and cannot feed the child. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Apparently, they had the discussion and Jason didn't agree.  It really isn't behind her back it is when Jason has custody of the child.  You either want the guy to leave you alone or you want to be in his life enough to tell him what he can and cannot feed the child. 

This was when they first separated, when the details were still being worked out, it's the time to actually co parent so that the child has some consistency.  Jason was agreeing or going along with the diet when they were together, to suddenly change without talking to Bethenny about it and knowing exactly how she feels about it, is being spiteful.  It was a big FU to Bethenny and her wishes.  

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Only if you assume Bryn showed no interest in the food her father and grandparents were eating, which (having been the one to hold my nephew at family dinners) is highly unlikely. 

But even if we give Frankel the best version possible -- Bryn had no interest in what everybody around her was eating (she was happy sitting there with her plate of lentils in barbecue sauce) and Jason offered her a hot dog -- where is the grand harm?  It's not like Bethenny's testimony was that Bryn got sick or screamed or became panicked after eating a hot dog.   It's not like Bryn is in even in Jason's sole custody, being stuffed full of meat - the girl has access to vegetarian fare at one home, and something more wide ranging at another. And if (having tasted meat) Bryn was now asking for it at Bethenny's -- well, isn't that exactly what Bethenny said she wanted for her child? Choosing what she wanted to eat?

The issue is alpha-control, not the kid's diet, imo.   Frankel has bragged about raising a kid who will never order off the "kid's menu"  but be just like her mother (who ate venison and oysters as a child at the track, developing her palate from that) so  I'm betting the real issue is Frankel is pissed off he broadened Bryn's food horizons, not her.  If SHE'D introduced the hot dog (or venison or oysters)  it'd be just jim dandy fine, with no calls to Jason about adding a food item to their kid's diet. And if (before all this happened) Bethenny moved Bryn to a vegan diet,  I very much doubt she would've have included Jason in that decision; he'd be told, not consulted. 

As to co-parenting: Bethenny believed she had the parental right to move her kid cross-country, post divorce.

Jason believed he had the parental right to serve his daughter a hot dog.  

Not even close in entitled dickery.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, shoegal said:

This was when they first separated, when the details were still being worked out, it's the time to actually co parent so that the child has some consistency.  Jason was agreeing or going along with the diet when they were together, to suddenly change without talking to Bethenny about it and knowing exactly how she feels about it, is being spiteful.  It was a big FU to Bethenny and her wishes.  

Bethenny wanted to take the child and live in LA.  There is no evidence Jason agreed to any of her demands-that is why the case went to trial.  I think a far bigger FU is wanting to move the child cross country and demand primary custody.  Bethenny is the one not wanting to talk to Jason.  She served notice of the divorce by letter.

Bethenny is a big girl she doesn't always get her way.  It does not make those who disagree with her obstructionists or wrong. 

Why are Bethenny's wishes any more important than Jason's or Bryn's?  They aren't and that is why she lost her bid at primary custody.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

Only if you assume Bryn showed no interest in the food her father and grandparents were eating, which (having been the one to hold my nephew at family dinners) is highly unlikely. 

But even if we give Frankel the best version possible -- Bryn had no interest in what everybody around her was eating (she was happy sitting there with her plate of lentils in barbecue sauce) and Jason offered her a hot dog -- where is the grand harm?  It's not like Bethenny's testimony was that Bryn got sick or screamed or became panicked after eating a hot dog.   It's not like Bryn is in even in Jason's sole custody, being stuffed full of meat - the girl has access to vegetarian fare at one home, and something more wide ranging at another. And if (having tasted meat) Bryn was now asking for it at Bethenny's -- well, isn't that exactly what Bethenny said she wanted for her child? Choosing what she wanted to eat?

The issue is alpha-control, not the kid's diet, imo.   Frankel has bragged about raising a kid who will never order off the "kid's menu"  but be just like her mother (who ate venison and oysters as a child at the track, developing her palate from that) so  I'm betting the real issue is Frankel is pissed off he broadened Bryn's food horizons, not her.  If SHE'D introduced the hot dog (or venison or oysters)  it'd be just jim dandy fine, with no calls to Jason about adding a food item to their kid's diet. And if Bethenny moved Bryn to vegan, I guarantee there'd be no checking with Jason.

As to co-parenting: Bethenny believed she had the parental right to move her kid cross-country, post divorce. Jason believed he had the parental right to serve his daughter a hot dog.  Not even close in entitled dickery.

Well first I would say that holding a child in your lap at the table is probably not the most efficient way to eat, LOL.   I would recommend they put Bryn in a high chair.  

As far as the food, yes, Jason has a right to feed his kid what he wants, just as Bethenny does.  My point is that Jason knows exactly how Bethenny feels about eating animal protein, especially those loaded with nitrates and highly processed like bacon and hot dogs.  There is some evidence that this is actually harmful to our bodies and some people feel very strongly about these kinds of issues.  Obviously Bethenny has some opinions about the matter, which Jason was aware of, and he did it anyway knowing it was against her wishes.  I guarantee he did it on purpose to spite Bethenny.  No doubt in my mind.

Clearly, you see the issue being control by Bethenny.  I believe it's actually a power move by Jason.  

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Wait , Bethenny said that if Bryn express a desire to taste/eat meat she had no objections, so you think Jason forced meat down Bryn's throat against her will just to tick Bethenny off because Bethenny tried to keep Bryn a vegetarian after she started eating meat? LOL Really, is that what you honestly think happened? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny wanted to take the child and live in LA.  There is no evidence Jason agreed to any of her demands-that is why the case went to trial.  I think a far bigger FU is wanting to move the child cross country and demand primary custody.  Bethenny is the one not wanting to talk to Jason.  She served notice of the divorce by letter.

Bethenny is a big girl she doesn't always get her way.  It does not make those who disagree with her obstructionists or wrong. 

Why are Bethenny's wishes any more important than Jason's or Bryn's?  They aren't and that is why she lost her bid at primary custody.

They aren't, they just aren't irrelevant, which is the way Jason treated them on this issue.  

Oh, you don't want your kid to eat meat?  Here, have a hot dog.  How do you like me now??

Wait , Bethenny said that if Bryn express a desire to taste/eat meat she had no objections, so you think Jason forced meat down Bryn's throat against her will just to tick Bethenny off because Bethenny tried to keep Bryn a vegetarian after she started eating meat? LOL Really, is that what you honestly think happened? 

Forced meat down Bryn's throat against her will?  No.  Grilled her up a hot dog and served it to her with a internal middle finger to B?  Yes.

...and geez, forcing meat down Bryn's throat....and B is the great exaggerator??

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Perhaps the smarter road for Jason to take would have been Bryn only eats hot dogs and bacon at parties. 

This couple didn't have a nice sit down and do conscious uncoupling.  Bethenny declared war and dropped a big bomb and Jason returned fire.  One parent's views are not superior.  The court obviously agreed.

• Love 7