Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, film noire said:

It was her Bravo blog:

"Time to pack it up and pack it in. I do think Tinsley should wear her hair and lashes however she sees fit. She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-tinsley-needs

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As someone who likes Beth more than most, my hope is that she is not unsympathic to what Tinsley went through. That was why I was asking if Tinsley had talked specifically about her abuse on the show at this point. Beth tends to keep her blogs in the moment, talking about what we see happening. At this point, Tinsley (as far as I can remember) has talked mostly to others right up front about getting arrested, having an embarrassing mugshot taken, etc., but hasn't yet gone "deep".  She has mostly kept it pretty light and joked about her situation. She could sound like a spoiled little girl to some at this point (not to me - I like her - but can see how others would say "snap out of it" based on what information we have in front of us). That is not to say that Beth couldn't have read stuff in the media - she could have. But she has also read a lot of stuff about herself in the media - lots of it I am assuming she doesn't think is accurate. I took the air quote around "abuse" to be of the "what abuse" kind of thing, because she hasn't at this point seriously talked about any harm coming to her. If that changes, and she talks about fear, abuse, and being a victim, then I will be surprised to hear Beth act like it is all a bunch of nonsense. But we will see. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

The problem isn't that she's not being all things to all people, imo. The issue is that -- as a figurehead for a charity supposedly helping abuse survivors -- putting the word abusive in scare quotes (when referring to another woman who has documented proof of being beaten) is appalling (and would remain appalling, even if she WERE all things to all people).

Imagine Frankel heading up a group meant to help women who are food insecure. And a fellow cast member, who has gone hungry for month, receives scare quotes around "hungry" when Bethenny refers to her starvation. That's the issue, imo ; the ignorance and cruelty of that dismissiveness, and the not-so- subtle creation of a hierarchy of need/despair: this woman is abused (one of the "good" ones) but that woman? Pfft; she's just "abused".

It is akin to championing higher wages and then finding out the person has their product manufactured with child labor in sweat shops outside the country.  You just don't really know where they stand.

Bethenny did a horrible job and without any empathy of explaining eating disorders last year to Jules.  She said people with the disease are liars.  Geez, went on and on about Jules weight and how it affected her.  This from a woman whose brand is Skinnygirl and dispenses non stop dieting advice. 

I do think Bethenny dislikes society people.  She hated Kelly Bensimon right off the bat, made cracks about her lending her name to a Chinese menu.  Never acknowledged Kelly had written books, was raising two children as a single mom.  Society people do serve a function they raise a lot of money for charity by virtue of their galas, committees and fund raisers.  My guess is Tinsley probably isn't open to any business advice from Bethenny.  Tinsley Mortimer was a brand before people became a brand. 

I always have problems with C Listers camping on to a charity and adding their name/brand to the mix-B-Strong, in this case.  It is not as if there are organizations out there telling people to cower and be oppressed.  Tinsley has a job and income, it would have been far kinder and more humane to acknowledge her pain and abuse instead of trying to suppress it.  Bethenny doesn't have to help everyone or anyone but there is the old adage "charity begins at home".   Bethenny is a shining example of how money and power don't buy happiness, love, support or even friends.  She can break the mold and start being more empathetic one on one to her B-Real cast mates..  I canonly imagine how these women associated with B Strong feel when their leader claims someone speaking to their abuse makes her and her co-workers uncomfortable.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is akin to championing higher wages and then finding out the person has their product manufactured with child labor in sweat shops outside the country.  You just don't really know where they stand.

Bethenny did a horrible job and without any empathy of explaining eating disorders last year to Jules.  She said people with the disease are liars.  Geez, went on and on about Jules weight and how it affected her.  This from a woman whose brand is Skinnygirl and dispenses non stop dieting advice. 

I do think Bethenny dislikes society people.  She hated Kelly Bensimon right off the bat, made cracks about her lending her name to a Chinese menu.  Never acknowledged Kelly had written books, was raising two children as a single mom.  Society people do serve a function they raise a lot of money for charity by virtue of their galas, committees and fund raisers.  My guess is Tinsley probably isn't open to any business advice from Bethenny.  Tinsley Mortimer was a brand before people became a brand. 

I always have problems with C Listers camping on to a charity and adding their name/brand to the mix-B-Strong, in this case.  It is not as if there are organizations out there telling people to cower and be oppressed.  Tinsley has a job and income, it would have been far kinder and more humane to acknowledge her pain and abuse instead of trying to suppress it.  Bethenny doesn't have to help everyone or anyone but there is the old adage "charity begins at home".   Bethenny is a shining example of how money and power don't buy happiness, love, support or even friends.  She can break the mold and start being more empathetic one on one to her B-Real cast mates..  I canonly imagine how these women associated with B Strong feel when their leader claims someone speaking to their abuse makes her and her co-workers uncomfortable.

I guess she believes we all have short term memory loss because she is also calling herself a liar as well. LOL In 1 of her earlier books, she admits that she, herself, struggled with/battled Anorexia! 

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

it would have been far kinder and more humane to acknowledge her pain and abuse instead of trying to suppress it.  Bethenny doesn't have to help everyone or anyone but there is the old adage "charity begins at home".   Bethenny is a shining example of how money and power don't buy happiness, love, support or even friends.  She can break the mold and start being more empathetic one on one to her B-Real cast mates. I can only imagine how these women associated with B Strong feel when their leader claims someone speaking to their abuse makes her and her co-workers uncomfortable.

Well said.

29 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As someone who likes Beth more than most, my hope is that she is not unsympathic to what Tinsley went through. That was why I was asking if Tinsley had talked specifically about her abuse on the show at this point. Beth tends to keep her blogs in the moment, talking about what we see happening. 

If they were made uncomfortable by what Tinsley said, she must have said something more detailed then "It was a bummer" right?  

But let's say they had very few details. Let's put Frankel in the best light possible; even then, why put scare quotes around the word "abusive"?  

What does that accomplish?  

Why not say (some version of) "We don't know much about Tinsley's relationship yet, but it sounds like it may have been abusive. I know how hard it is for women to tell their story, so I hope our discomfort didn't put her off sharing more -- and to be clear, that discomfort came from us not knowing her better, not something Tinsley said or did."

Or anything in that ballpark,  instead of using scare quotes  + we're uncomfortable listening to her talk about her past.

ETA: I know what it's like to like her, @motorcitymom65,  and defend this kind of shit (well, I had slightly less worse  shit to defend :) so  if you ever need a long tall glass of (real, not Shields inspired) Long Island Iced tea, just let me know!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Well said.

If they were made uncomfortable by what Tinsley said, she must have said something more detailed then "It was a bummer" right?  

But let's say they had very few details. Let's put Frankel in the best light possible; even then, why put scare quotes around the word "abusive"?  

What does that accomplish?  

Why not say (some version of) "We don't know much about Tinsley's relationship yet, but it sounds like it may have been abusive. I know how hard it is for women to tell their story, so I hope our discomfort didn't put her off sharing more -- and to be clear, that discomfort came from us not knowing her better, not something Tinsley said or did."

Or anything in that ballpark,  instead of using scare quotes  + we're uncomfortable listening to her talk about her past.  

I really believe that Bethenny is trying to get ahead of something she says to Tinsley in the next episode or 2 that she knows viewers will find offensive/callous/nasty.

Spoiler

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-13/videos/next-on-rhony-tinsley-cant-get-over In this footage we see Bethenny going at Tinsley concerning her complaints about Sonja/living with Sonja, so there may be some about the abuse as well. We will have to wait an see

but I still believe Bethenny is trying to do some preemptive damage control with her blog.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I really believe that Bethenny is trying to get ahead of something she says to Tinsley in the next episode or 2 that she knows viewers will find offensive/callous/nasty.

Hide contents

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-13/videos/next-on-rhony-tinsley-cant-get-over In this footage we see Bethenny going at Tinsley concerning her complaints about Sonja/living with Sonja, so there may be some about the abuse as well. We will have to wait an see

but I still believe Bethenny is trying to do some preemptive damage control with her blog.

Sonja is to Bethenny what Ramona was to Bethenny last year.  Bethenny is going to defend her friend as long as her friend keeps spilling on the others.  Last year it was a joke that Luann was staying with Sonja and mentoring her (bad choice of words by Luann) and Sonja was bitching one minute about Luann staying up until four am talking and the next saying Luann wasn't there she was spending the night at a man's.  This year Sonja is making up ridiculous rules.  Bottom line, Bethenny doesn't like RHONY rooming together (unless of course it is she and Carole) because they get screen time and in the case of guests at Sonja's "Grey Garden" spots on WWHL. 

So Sonja is Bethenny's new BFF and she will defend her until Sonja is not of any value to her.  This next week it is Sonja throwing John and Dorinda under the bus for Bethenny.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, film noire said:

The problem isn't that she's not being all things to all people, imo. The issue is that -- as a figurehead for a charity supposedly helping abuse survivors -- putting the word abusive in scare quotes (when referring to another woman who has documented proof of being beaten) is appalling (and would remain appalling, even if she WERE all things to all people).

Imagine Frankel heading up a group meant to help women who are food insecure. And a fellow cast member, who has gone hungry for month, receives scare quotes around "hungry" when Bethenny refers to her starvation. That's the issue, imo ; the ignorance and cruelty of that dismissiveness, and the not-so- subtle creation of a hierarchy of need/despair: this woman is abused (one of the "good" ones) but that woman? Pfft; she's just "abused".

Black Lives "Matter"

HIV is "life-threatening" *

Jules nearly "died"**

*Why is Magic Johnson talking to Connie Chung about this. Does he even know her that well? 

**Oh. My. Gawwd. Did you see how she eats?!

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6

Beth tends to keep her blogs in the moment, talking about what we see happening

Don't they all (all the HWs, not just the NY ones) tend to be in the moment? They also tend to be vague about future events so as not to spoil anything for us.

She hated Kelly Bensimon right off the bat

I think it was the other way around...

• Love 4

Well, a lot has been said about the hypocrisy of Beth's statement in her blog and what is seen in the preview for next week.  For me, the primary concern is this sentence from her blog referring to Tinsley:

She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her.

Yep.  It's the quotes.  The quotes are there for a reason.  And I'm interpreting those quotes in the context of the blog as being 'supposed' or 'so called'.   (yes, quotes around a word or phrase can be interpreted in a number of ways but that's what I see given the context))  Never mind the controversy that can be discussed given she has a foundation to help abused women.  It's the condescension that I see.  The judgement.  As I stated earlier, Beth doesn't understand domestic abuse when it comes to the victim.  Sure. Tinsley had financial means to get out.  But there's a whole other aspect of abuse that is just as relevant.   It's the mental abuse.  I've seen it.  I've seen very capable, smart, intelligent women loose all their self confidence, their spirit and pride in an abusive relationship.  And the relationship can become so toxic that they do things that they would never do in a million years previously.

Those quotes used by Beth shows to me that she just doesn't get it.  I think she only sees her mother in an abusive relationship and that she hates her mother because she just didn't leave.  For Beth's sake.  And it's not that simple.  

If Beth is truly concerned about abused women, she needs to think beyond her own hurt feelings of her childhood and see the whole picture.  Yes, money does help a whole heck of a lot.  It's more than just that.  She needs to put her hurt feelings aside and understand what Tinsley went through instead of just dismissing it.  She should have done the same thing with Jules.  I don't think Beth 'wants' to do that because then she would have to recognize that it wasn't just about her childhood.  Her mother was a victim of domestic violence.  Her mother had an eating disorder - maybe caused by the abuse.  

I think Beth thrives on being 'the victim'.   She wants people to sympathize with her but at the same time she's 'uncomfortable' with other people's situations.  That says a lot about Beth.  I see it as a me, me, me attitude.  It's very sad.

And oh sure, she was crying to Lu up in the Berkshires about Lu's upcoming nuptials but at the same time she dragged out the pictures of Tom and another woman for three days before she finally showed her.  So that was caring about Lu?  Nope.  It was about screen time.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, a lot has been said about the hypocrisy of Beth's statement in her blog and what is seen in the preview for next week.  For me, the primary concern is this sentence from her blog referring to Tinsley:

She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her.

Yep.  It's the quotes.  The quotes are there for a reason.  And I'm interpreting those quotes in the context of the blog as being 'supposed' or 'so called'.   (yes, quotes around a word or phrase can be interpreted in a number of ways but that's what I see given the context))  Never mind the controversy that can be discussed given she has a foundation to help abused women.  It's the condescension that I see.  The judgement.  As I stated earlier, Beth doesn't understand domestic abuse when it comes to the victim.  Sure. Tinsley had financial means to get out.  But there's a whole other aspect of abuse that is just as relevant.   It's the mental abuse.  I've seen it.  I've seen very capable, smart, intelligent women loose all their self confidence, their spirit and pride in an abusive relationship.  And the relationship can become so toxic that they do things that they would never do in a million years previously.

Those quotes used by Beth shows to me that she just doesn't get it.  I think she only sees her mother in an abusive relationship and that she hates her mother because she just didn't leave.  For Beth's sake.  And it's not that simple.  

If Beth is truly concerned about abused women, she needs to think beyond her own hurt feelings of her childhood and see the whole picture.  Yes, money does help a whole heck of a lot.  It's more than just that.  She needs to put her hurt feelings aside and understand what Tinsley went through instead of just dismissing it.  She should have done the same thing with Jules.  I don't think Beth 'wants' to do that because then she would have to recognize that it wasn't just about her childhood.  Her mother was a victim of domestic violence.  Her mother had an eating disorder - maybe caused by the abuse.  

I think Beth thrives on being 'the victim'.   She wants people to sympathize with her but at the same time she's 'uncomfortable' with other people's situations.  That says a lot about Beth.  I see it as a me, me, me attitude.  It's very sad.

And oh sure, she was crying to Lu up in the Berkshires about Lu's upcoming nuptials but at the same time she dragged out the pictures of Tom and another woman for three days before she finally showed her.  So that was caring about Lu?  Nope.  It was about screen time.

I agree. I am beginning to believe that Bethenny doesn't feel empathy for others, it always has to be about her and never about anyone else, especially if they are getting the sympathy/support. All eyes have to be on her at all times, no matter what. She is a sick person and God help Bryn as that child gets older.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I agree. I am beginning to believe that Bethenny doesn't feel empathy for others, it always has to be about her and never about anyone else, especially if they are getting the sympathy/support. All eyes have to be on her at all times, no matter what. She is a sick person and God help Bryn as that child gets older.

I don't ever recall Beth giving empathy to someone else.  Crap.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

I don't ever recall Beth giving empathy to someone else.  Crap.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

I haven't seen it either. She always twists things back to herself, once again making herself the victim. When she cried about not wanting Luann to make a mistake marrying Tom, she turned it back to how horrible her marriage was, how horrible her divorce was and how bad she still had it, she turned it back to herself yet again! She made Jules ED all about herself, how it made her feel, not the fact that Jules was struggling, that Jules was reaching out for support, it was about how it made Bethenny feel "uncomfortable", how it brought back bad memories of her mother (funny how she forgot to mention her own ED battles that she wrote about), her, her, me, me, me, me, ME! LOL

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I haven't seen it either. She always twists things back to herself, once again making herself the victim. When she cried about not wanting Luann to make a mistake marrying Tom, she turned it back to how horrible her marriage was, how horrible her divorce was and how bad she still had it, she turned it back to herself yet again! She made Jules ED all about herself, how it made her feel, not the fact that Jules was struggling, that Jules was reaching out for support, it was about how it made Bethenny feel "uncomfortable", how it brought back bad memories of her mother (funny how she forgot to mention her own ED battles that she wrote about), her, her, me, me, me, me, ME! LOL

But her attack on Jules's ethnic and religious legitimacy as a Jew were because of how concerned she is about how Jews are represented. 

And that shrieking about "slut" and "whore" was magnanimous because LuAnn needed to realize that what she brings out in people. 

There was also the time she bucked her stepdad up by assuring him he "did the best he could" right after recounting how Bernadette, uh, self-harmed on a telephone he happened to be holding.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

(snip only for space)

This is such an excellent post, Breezy.  

• Love 5
(edited)

yes, quotes around a word or phrase can be interpreted in a number of ways

Yes, they can. Many different ways.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2

19379214_275800062828707_835673624599225

That fivehead could be used as a putting green for the golf balls in her cheeks.

From Beth's blog this week:

So full of UGH. Par for the course, though.

• Love 1

This is your SG SM reporter checking in.  As I type Bethenny is taping Shark Tank.  She is sitting next to Mark Cuban.  I see him and Lori and someone else behind some guy.  So I like the make up job.  They redid her mani to red nails.  By they I mean the makeup people for Shark Tank.  Nice black jumpsuit that is a tailored blazer like top.  Looks good.  She flew out in the wee hours of the morning.  I wonder if she'll fly back after taping since she was in the Hamptons with Bryn.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Everyone knew on Scary Island that Kelly Bensimon was falling apart before their very eyes. But after it happened, we watched Bethenny shrieking and laughing and bragging that she had known "all along" that Kelly was a lunatic. "See? I told you she was crazy! Hahaha hohoho."  She couldn't rise above her dislike for Kelly, and Kelly's dislike for her, to act like an empathetic human being.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Everyone knew on Scary Island that Kelly Bensimon was falling apart before their very eyes. But after it happened, we watched Bethenny shrieking and laughing and bragging that she had known "all along" that Kelly was a lunatic. "See? I told you she was crazy! Hahaha hohoho."  She couldn't rise above her dislike for Kelly, and Kelly's dislike for her, to act like an empathetic human being.

Very true! Which reinforces my concern for Bryn as she gets older.

• Love 2
(edited)

"See? I told you she was crazy! Hahaha hohoho."  She couldn't rise above her dislike for Kelly, and Kelly's dislike for her, to act like an empathetic human being.

Crazy as in an idiot, not clinically crazy. It isn't like Kelly was diagnosed with anything. She was just...an idiotic fool who seemed to be on a bad trip.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 11
(edited)

I have to give Bethenny a pass on Scary Island.  Kelly had treated her so shabbily:  I'm up here, you're down here, insisting she's not a chef, called her a ho bag. Also B had just flown in from her father's funeral and wasn't her best self.  I don't think she would relish someone having a real mental or psychotic break where someone needs hospitalized and definitely able to be diagnosed from the DSM . 

Something happened to Kelly but we aren't really sure what, maybe a bad drug trip or emotional breakdown-harder to diagnose from the DSM but for treatment/insurance purposes can be called panic disorder, anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, etc.

I am working as a nurse in inpatient Psychiatry now after working as a bedside nurse in Neurology/Neurosurgery for awhile and see the Docs be very creative to get people the help that they need and get it covered by insurance.     

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 9

I think Kelley was suffering mainly from butthurt jealousy syndrome. This woman, who was so, so beneath her, suddenly had a lot more going on. And Kelly just couldn't take it.  The gift bags! The horror of the gift bags!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Crazy as in an idiot, not clinically crazy. It isn't like Kelly was diagnosed with anything. She was just...an idiotic fool who seemed to be on a bad trip.

...and she smelled like cat pee. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I have to give Bethenny a pass on Scary Island.  Kelly had treated her so shabbily:  I'm up here, you're down here, insisting she's not a chef, called her a ho bag. Also B had just flown in from her father's funeral and wasn't her best self.  I don't think she would relish someone having a real mental or psychotic break where someone needs hospitalized and definitely able to be diagnosed from the DSM . 

I agree. There's crazy and then there's CRAZY. At first, Bethenny was just glad to be vindicated. She had been right about Kelly being crazy, the other women finally saw it. But then, as the night went on, Kelly went CRAZY - and they all pulled back and were legitimately concerned for her. Kelly brought a lot of it on herself that weekend. She was nasty to pretty much everyone. But once they realized how disturbed she was, I think all of them were genuinely worried about her. 

• Love 12

And oh sure, she was crying to Lu up in the Berkshires about Lu's upcoming nuptials but at the same time she dragged out the pictures of Tom and another woman for three days before she finally showed her. 

Not only did she have her friend take and send those pics, but she also called the restaurant herself to get intel on Tom, and then asked Sonja for his number so she could tell him about the dirt she had dug up. All that jock riding, even though she had never.met.the.man. CRAZY.

• Love 7
(edited)

So a friend sent her the pics, and she verified with Sonja and the restaurant/bar? That sounds just as likely.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. There's crazy and then there's CRAZY. At first, Bethenny was just glad to be vindicated. She had been right about Kelly being crazy, the other women finally saw it. But then, as the night went on, Kelly went CRAZY - and they all pulled back and were legitimately concerned for her. Kelly brought a lot of it on herself that weekend. She was nasty to pretty much everyone. But once they realized how disturbed she was, I think all of them were genuinely worried about her. 

When it dawned on Sonja that Kelly was not doing well, she told the others and the only one who backed down at all was Alex.  Bethenny kept cackling away and to this day has carried forward Kelly's breakdown.  Bethenny repeatedly said that Kelly had to be hauled out of there by producers.  There was no empathy.  Kelly has said she has paid a high price as there is no recovering from crazy.

Kelly's biggest mistake, besides going, is she just has little tolerance for the confrontational nature of the show and specifically Bethenny.  Of all the RH who claim they never watched the show before joining Kelly is the only one I believe.  I truly believe she thought it would be non-stop photo ops and her doing cartwheels and being with her kids.

I kind of understood Kelly being a little freaked out about Bethenny being there right after her dad's passing.  It was something she had a hard time digesting.  Kelly is really close to her dad and this past summer he was hospitalized and Kelly tweeted things like,, "FOX news saved his life."  It didn't help that Bethenny dumped all over her dad in front of the others.  The Gummy Bears, the bad lemons to lemonade analogy, were just all really bad devices Kelly was using to try and stay positive.  She really didn't want anyone talking about those (Jill) that weren't on the trip.  Silly rabbit. ,

• Love 4
(edited)

It happened that way on the show, just as was said...no "as likely" about it.

Yes, but it wasn't as if Bethenny told her friend to follow and stalk Tom (maybe she should have asked Jason to do that for her) and take pics of him should he start exchanging bodily fluids with another women. And did Bethenny even contact Tom about it? It seems like Bethenny just got some intel on Tom and decided to share that with Luann. Which, Luann at the time didn't exactly recieve all that well.

Bethenny repeatedly said that Kelly had to be hauled out of there by producers.  There was no empathy. 

Empathy for whom, someone who keeps coming after you even after you tell them to back off?

Kelly's biggest mistake, besides going, is she just has little tolerance for the confrontational nature of the show and specifically Bethenny.

And yet, she kept going after Bethenny on that trip every chance she got. And she went after Ramona, and after Alex (the vampire in kabuki make-up who also wanted to kill Kelly, apparently) too. If she has little tolerance for confrontation, why did she keep provoking confrontation among the women?

I kind of understood Kelly being a little freaked out about Bethenny being there right after her dad's passing.

What does that have to do with how Kelly went after Bethenny and to a lesser extent Ramona and Alex?

It didn't help that Bethenny dumped all over her dad in front of the others.

Again, how does that relate to Kelly?

Kelly wasn't some poor innocent victim on that trip, she just seemed like someone who was on a bad trip...the cat piss scented kind, possibly.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 8
(edited)

Yes, but it wasn't as if Bethenny told her friend to follow and stalk Tom (maybe she should have asked Jason to do that for her) and take pics of him should he start exchanging bodily fluids with another women. And did Bethenny even contact Tom about it? It seems like Bethenny just got some intel on Tom and decided to share that with Luann. Which, Luann at the time didn't exactly recieve all that well.

Puleeze, Tom did this in the middle of the Regency Bar.  He might have well filmed it himself.  And how terrible to attempt to let Tom be the one that told Lu before the tabloids printed it.  After that episode it was the constant opinion question on WWHL.  Every guest and every poll came out saying Lu was wrong to attack B.  B was right to try to give her friend a heads up.  But hey lesson learned.  I hope the next time B's friends see Tom out playing tonsil hockey they call the tabloids first.  Then let B know so she and the other girls can laugh behind Lu's back and watch as she gets blindsided in the press.  That's better?

Kelly wasn't some poor innocent victim on that trip, she just seemed like someone who was on a bad trip...the cat piss scented kind, possibly.

So that is a veiled reference to a meth user.  And to a person they all hint that more took place than was shown on tv.  I think I saw that this year still on WWHL when a viewer called in with a question about it.  So it is a fact that tweakers smell like cat piss.  And Kelly was all wrong, all wrong, not right in any respects on that trip. 

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 8

Yes, it is really difficult to feel sorry for Kelly when she was often the aggressor.

You're a cook, not a chef.

I went to culinary school.

How should I know?!?

And unless the producers forced her to return to the women rather than stay in her room, she is to blame for the continued conflict.

• Love 8

And did Bethenny even contact Tom about it? It seems like Bethenny just got some intel on Tom and decided to share that with Luann.

She was geared up to call Tom before she said anything to Luann; the only reason she didn't follow through was because Sonja didn't give her the number. Again, it was filmed, so it's not really a matter to be spun.

B was right to try to give her friend a heads up. 

Her "hypocrite, whore, slut, plastic fuckdoll, held-a-grudge-against-for-years" friend?

• Love 4

She was geared up to call Tom before she said anything to Luann; the only reason she didn't follow through was because Sonja didn't give her the number. Again, it was filmed, so it's not really a matter to be spun.

Ok, which proves...what, exactly? That Bethenny had people stalk him and set him up to be photographed while making out with another woman? This isn't a matter to be spun, just one which can be interpreted different ways.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, it is really difficult to feel sorry for Kelly when she was often the aggressor.

You're a cook, not a chef.

I went to culinary school.

How should I know?!?

And unless the producers forced her to return to the women rather than stay in her room, she is to blame for the continued conflict.

tumblr_nduuc9svy61ql5yr7o1_500.gif

The episode being named Scary Island was in reference to Kelly Insanemone - nobody else. She's not exactly giving zen vibes here

I seem to recall Kelly making snarky comments about what Bethenny cooked for them too

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, jaync said:

I was just stating what actually happened on the show, is all, not alternative facts open for interpretation.

I agree.

Well there was the reasoning that Bethenny kindly spared telling Luann until the last day of the trip so as to not spoil it for everyone.  Of course this is after she told several people on camera over the course of four days.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Again, how does that relate to Kelly?

Kelly expressed verbally how off putting it was to her that Bethenny was there so soon after her father's funeral and that she had said negative things about her father.  Bethenny said these things to Kelly as well as the others.  That would be how it related to Kelly.  Even Kelly has the right to be repulsed by someone speaking ill of the newly departed.

• Love 3

Well there was the reasoning that Bethenny kindly spared telling Luann until the last day of the trip so as to not spoil it for everyone.

Yeah, there's always an attempt to sugarcoat. But, facts are facts, yo.

• Love 2
(edited)

So basically, what happened to Bethenny and her dad nothing to do with Kelly. Nor should be it a justification for why Kelly went off on Bethenny on the Scary Island trip.

Yeah, there's always an attempt to sugarcoat. But, facts are facts, yo.

Yeah, shoot the messenger lol

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, jaync said:

tenor.gif

Oh, was that the girls discussing with Luann about Tom and his cheating?

Is this why Carole always asks about the smell in her home?

Well, it's different when there are actual physical cats present. Just guessing.

Besides, we know Carole's weapon of choice is pot.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4