Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

10 hours ago, Marley said:

I just wonder tho is she making money from this stuff..like is it selling?

Yes! And why are companies still approaching her for licensing contracts? By now, due diligence would inform them that partnering with AdvancedAgeGirlWhoKindaBodyShamesAsACareer is a cr- -shoot. Which most recent deal is succeeding? Her jeans?

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Don't forget the Female Intimacy vitamins, at Walgreen's. 

I find it hard to believe that her name adds any value to a product at this point, given her list of failures.  Her core support group must have shrunk considerably.  

• Like 10

What does a personalized Cameo greeting mean? Is it a video where the celebrity says your name and then some generic message? $500 for this from Bethenny? Anyone  who falls for this has more money than sense. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 4

2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What does a personalized Cameo greeting mean? Is it a video where the celebrity says your name and then some generic message? $500 for this from Bethenny? Anyone  who falls for this has more money than sense. 

I haven’t used it yet but was browsing out of curiosity.  There are various options, but mostly you pay a fee and provide the celebrity the name and personal information about the person you want the message made for to celebrate birthday, anniversary, etc. They then email the video saying..for example, Happy Birthday, Sarah.  Your niece, Kelly, tells me that you are a fan. I hope your beach trip goes well and........etc.   Some offer live introductions.  The stars range from very D list to pretty famous.  I fail to see how you could make much money doing it. 🤔 it’s an musing gift for the person who has everything.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

I know people who have done it with favorite athletes and the like. The price depends on the person, the folks who I know who have done it paid $50. The celeb makes a personalized message. It is nice and kind of cool.

I doubt that it is a huge money maker but it probably takes 5 minutes to do and you make whatever amount of money. Sounds easy enough to me, so why not?

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

A friend of ours had Lisa Van Der Pump do a Cameo for his husband's birthday and it was very nice. Lisa was all done up and had the dogs and made an effort.

With Bethenny you get her in the back of her hired car on the way to something else, hair all disheveled, no makeup, glasses and then there's her attitude. Ugh.

SkinnyGirl popcorn is good but it's just relabeled Orville Redenbacher!  The ingredients are for the most part all the same.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

I could see doing this if the personality was someone that the birthday person really liked.  Many of my friends and family have a rule of no gifts unless they are consumable or events. As in don't buy me more stuff I have no room or need for.  If I need it I'll buy it.  So spending $50 on a personal greeting could be fun.  

Would I spend even a dollar on Bethenny? That's a big no. I would say @RedDelicious nailed it.  Beth would be looking disheveled on her way to  something else and tell you how busy and important she is. Of course, she might only be in the car so she can look busy and important.  

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

SkinnyGirl popcorn is good but it's just relabeled Orville Redenbacher!  The ingredients are for the most part all the same.  

This! I was so mad to find their Sea Salt & Lime gone and relabeled. They sold the full size bags. Now I can only find the flavor in the Skinnygirl half bags. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Maybe I’m crazy, but the skinny girl taste better to me.  I’ll have to do a blind taste test! 😝

I read that Matt Roloff went above and beyond to his people on Cameo. Family members raved in their reviews about the time and attention he put into making their loved ones special occasion super special.  But, I don’t know anyone who is a big fan of Matt. Lol. I wish there was a larger variety of artists. 

• Like 6

I'd only get a cameo from Bethenny if she was rambling and sobbing nonsensically while in the back of her car LOL (but not for $500! sheesh)

A long while ago, my sis sent me one of the #thisisacrisis tees as a joke, because sometimes anxiety has its way with me, and little anthills can turn into mountains-(but I internalize *most* of it, so am definitely not a BF). I will wear it when I'm having a really anxious day, and it makes me laugh and lighten up a lot. (Dear sis should've sent me a not-everything-is-a-crisis tee instead 😆) At least the money went toward good works though!

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe I’m crazy, but the skinny girl taste better to me.  I’ll have to do a blind taste test! 😝

To me the little Skinnygirl bags have more seasoning. When you reduce the number of kernels but keep the same seasoning amount it gives a richer flavor. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:43 AM, ProfCrash said:

I doubt that it is a huge money maker but it probably takes 5 minutes to do and you make whatever amount of money. 

NPR did a podcast about how cameos were huge in 2020 as people looked for safe ways to celebrate during the pandemic.  Gilbert Gottfried said he easily makes $1,000 a day for about an hour of work.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 7

11 hours ago, Booger666 said:

NPR did a podcast about how cameos were huge in 2020 as people looked for safe ways to celebrate during the pandemic.  Gilbert Gottfried said he easily makes $1,000 a day for about an hour of work.

It’s really shocking how lucrative cameo, personalized video services are! Even friends of have been able to cash in. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

Man, I wish Robert Plant was into Cameo. THAT is something I’d pay for.  😍

• Like 11

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Man, I wish Robert Plant was into Cameo. THAT is something I’d pay for.  😍

Me too! Me too! Oh yes! 

• Like 6

On 6/25/2021 at 5:04 AM, weaver said:

Don't forget the Female Intimacy vitamins, at Walgreen's. 

I find it hard to believe that her name adds any value to a product at this point, given her list of failures.  Her core support group must have shrunk considerably.  

Whaaaat??? Under her name???? hahahahahaaaa <small voice> might have to check them out — just not B’s.  😊

On 6/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'd only get a cameo from Bethenny if she was rambling and sobbing nonsensically while in the back of her car LOL (but not for $500! sheesh)

A long while ago, my sis sent me one of the #thisisacrisis tees as a joke, because sometimes anxiety has its way with me, and little anthills can turn into mountains-(but I internalize *most* of it, so am definitely not a BF). I will wear it when I'm having a really anxious day, and it makes me laugh and lighten up a lot. (Dear sis should've sent me a not-everything-is-a-crisis tee instead 😆) At least the money went toward good works though!

I think I want that tshirt too! 😂😂. How do I order it?  Only if it doesn’t profit Beth though.  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Bethenny’s organization went immediately to Miami with supplies and cash cards. She does good things.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

5 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Bethenny’s organization went immediately to Miami with supplies and cash cards. She does good things.

That’s great.  She does have some good traits.  It’s another reason I get frustrated with her. I liked being a fan, but she wouldn’t let me.  Lol.  She has a great sense of humor, imo and can be quite charming and generous.  Then she gets in her own way.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

On 6/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, Thumper said:

Whaaaat??? Under her name???? hahahahahaaaa <small voice> might have to check them out — just not B’s.  😊

I think I want that tshirt too! 😂😂. How do I order it?  Only if it doesn’t p of it Beth though.  

I just peeked and the one my sister sent me is on B's website: https://bethennyscause.org/thisisacrisis-short-sleeve-unisex-t-shirt/p/l92l9o

I just googled, and the one my sister should've sent apparently doesn't exist...yet! I should get on that LOL

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

So Bethenny's been on TWO episodes (at least) of "Beat Bobby Flay".  I posted here about the first appearance, which I found really disappointing, because B. was a judge for that episode, and then continuously hit on a hot (young, married) Italian chef and then gave the win to the other chef to probably make things look "fair".  It was so inappropriate.

Now I'm watching another one, and I was all set to say that oh maybe she's well behaved on this episode, but then this happened.

If you would like context, the point of the celebrity judges is for them to "distract" Bobby Flay from cooking so that the non-famous chef cooking against him wins, but how can you argue that this doesn't distract everyone?  🙄. Thus, then negating the point of the distraction....... 

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

Untitled5.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 3

Bryn is holding what looks like a Kelly bag in one of Frankel’s Instagram photos. Is it authentic, and does Bryn own it? She’s 11 years old, correct?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

On 7/24/2021 at 8:34 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Bryn is holding what looks like a Kelly bag in one of Frankel’s Instagram photos. Is it authentic, and does Bryn own it? She’s 11 years old, correct?

That wouldn’t surprise me actually 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Bethenny knew it all.

I'm ok with anyone outing Tom & Erika, but of course Bethenny knew everything before everyone. 

I’m not sure why Bethenny is bragging on knowing Erica and Tom had money troubles years ago. Why is that so special?  I’m not sure why this is something to be proud of.  With Bethenny’s legal woes, I’d think she may pass on the judgment train.  I disagree with what she claims Dennis said about Tom spoiling Erica.  He said Tom could not say no to Erica. I don’t believe that at all.  He had no trouble speaking his mind and putting Erica down plenty on screen.   

Im curious if Dennis’s estate sued Tom for the money B claims he owed Dennis.  They should have, it he owed him $500,000.   Hmmmmm…….

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure why Bethenny is bragging on knowing Erica and Tom had money troubles years ago.

Because she is desperate to make herself relevant. Nobody is talking about her since her latest failed Big Shot show. She's just trying to put herself back in the spotlight again. It will last a minute and then back to midnight slots on HSN selling whatever next Skinnygirl crap she slaps her brand name on and the occasional Fox News appearance to quench her thirst to have a camera on her. Pathetic.

ETA: Now she is defending Erika. 

Bethenny Frankel@Bethenny

This convo was on the pitfalls of showing wealth, the terms of being canceled & how truth takes time to surface,re: her ex,who mine knew well. I have a good rapport w@erikajayne & respect her work ethic. The pod wasn’t about her as I don’t speak on what I don’t know

@justbpodcast

Funny, she doesn't speak on what she doesn't know but tweets about Meghan Markle.

Shut the fuck up Bethenny.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 16
  • Laugh 4

May I marry your post, Happy Camper?

18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I have a good rapport w@erikajayne & respect her work ethic

...respect Erika Jayne's work ethic? WTF? When did living off the stolen settlements of widows and orphans become a "work ethic"?

And so much for Bethenny's Mention it all bullshit. More like "Keep quiet until years after my dead fake fiancee told me about this dirty financial scandal."

I expect massive backtracking (after Frankel pretends she never-once no-never validated Erika the Grifter) and multiple Insta vids of BStrong handing out $25.00 Walmart gift cards to the victims of the Girardis.

Edited by film noire
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

Wonder if Bethenny ever opined on Dennis Shield's company LawCash and their allegedly nefarious practices.   No?  Surely she read the accusations.   

Yesterday B posted an IG story of Bryn reading a self written tome on why she wants to be a vegetarian (again).   Bethenny raved about how smart and caring she was and that she felt the need to post the whole reading because it was so impressive.    Bethenny is a stage mother of the worst kind. 

Has she seen her mother's exotic Birkins and figured out where the croc skins come from? 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5