Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Yes, other instagram or snaps show that she matches the wallpaper. So she gets the joke. 

Ah, interesting.

She married a man who is taking to his wedding ring like a dog with a collar - the groom's own words

Sounds like Luann will need to tighten that leash...

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Are we talking about Luann's nonExclusive Wedding People Magazine Jill Zarin Barbara K nuptial video...

No -- we're talking about Frankel's slo-mo footage of her ass ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

Are we talking about Luann's nonExclusive Wedding People Magazine Jill Zarin Barbara K nuptial video...yeah poor Luann is the brunt of the joke.

It's easy to be confused ;)

• Love 2

If that's what she meant, she failed miserably-- because in that video, she comes across as the joke, not the one getting the joke.

She had a whole series the last time she stayed at the Beverly Hills hotel.  So you can't get the joke without being in on it.  My thought was that after the first time she stayed there she found the swimsuit and was all about getting that suit to match the hotel wallpaper.  She was just there for two days for Shark Tank promos but these could be from the last time she was there.

Listen I don't watch the Kardasians.  And I don't think they have any discernible talent.  But I will give them props for a killer social media game.  This stuff is time consuming and just plain creepy to me.  But it's the game.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

My thought was that after the first time she stayed there she found the swimsuit and was all about getting that suit to match the hotel wallpaper.

The other shot of her in that bathing suit isn't with the wallpaper -- pretty sure she was trying to be sexy, not meta-riffing on The Golden Girls (but if she was making a Golden Girls joke,  why not reference that in the caption? "Off to join Blanche at the pool!")

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, diadochokinesis said:

I really like her style.  She doesn't often wear things that I dislike.

You know, I liked her style more a few years ago. She had a kind of Stacy London thing going on, but with her own unique twist - very NYC, but her own take on that -- lately, it's like she's concentrating on "Hey, here are my boobs!" as a theory of fashion. But her bags and shoes are usually gorgeous. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, film noire said:

You know, I liked her style more a few years ago. She had a kind of Stacy London thing going on, but with her own unique twist - very NYC, but her own take on that -- lately, it's like she's concentrating on "Hey, here are my boobs!" as a theory of fashion. But her bags and shoes are usually gorgeous. 

The green leather pants with the sweater and brown boots were to die for.  Loved and would kill for them and I have nowhere to wear them!  I do feel like she needs to go down in the boobs a bit. I wonder if it is advisable for her to do so.  I know from watching way too many plastic surgery shows that it can be difficult for women to downsize (skin might have thinned out too much, requires a lift, etc). 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

The green leather pants with the sweater and brown boots were to die for.  Loved and would kill for them and I have nowhere to wear them!  

Wear them to do the laundry, if you have no other place to wear them (Although, IIRC, you're in a hot climate,  so that might not work out so well ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, film noire said:

Wear them to do the laundry, if you have no other place to wear them (Although, IIRC, you're in a hot climate,  so that might not work out so well ; )

LOL.  I'm in Dubai.  I could wear them in the winter though.  It gets to the 70's around here then.  You see kids in snowsuits in that weather.  Cracks me up. 

I'd make it work though.  I could reenact that scene from Friends where Ross takes off the leather pants in the bathroom and then tries to put them back on.  LOL. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'd make it work though.  I could reenact that scene from Friends where Ross takes off the leather pants in the bathroom and then tries to put them back on.  LOL. 

Ha! ; ) 

Moving Beth's comments in her blog over from the Beth and Jason divorce.  From Beth's blog this week:

Tinsley seems to be a bit emotionally constipated and kind of needs to
take a page out of Elsa's book, and let it go. Being a roommate at 40 in a room full of stuffed animals isn't a cute look, nor is it the path to
reviving a retired socialite career. Time to pack it up and pack it in. I do think Tinsley should wear her hair and lashes however she sees fit. She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her. Her mom seems sweet and Southern—two Southern BFF peas in a pod.

Things that are amazing to me is that Beth is in her mid forties and she can't let go of her childhood.  She puts quote marks around abusive.  She may see her mother's situation but at the same time Beth holds on to things 'forever'.  Reminder to Beth:  Tinsley just got out of this relationship six months before filming.  And given how abusive this relationship was, it's still damn raw.  Hey Beth, you made your divorce way more complicated than it had to be because you wanted to win.  People in relationships is complicated.  Stop the judgement.

As for Tinsley's relationship making people uncomfortable, you have had more than your fair share of making people uncomfortable.  Let's start with the Berkshires 1 and 2.0.

Beth doesn't understand domestic violence.  Only how it affected her seeing her mom and how her mom just didn't leave.  She says her mother is mentally ill but she expected her mom to do things. 

• Love 11

diadochokinesis  posted in the Bethenny/Jason divorce thread

Seriously?  She has no obligation to help everybody. Do you get upset when St. Jude's doesn't help adults?  Or that the American Cancer Society doesn't help someone with AIDS?  No.  Organizations have a targeted focus. That is her targeted focus. The fact that she has an organization out there that is doing good and y'all are still tearing her down...  She just can't do anything right according to y'all. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think anyone here at PTV expects Bethenny to help out someone with Tinsley's wealth monetarily thru her charity and that isn't what anyone was saying. The comments were about Bethenny's callous comments about Tinsley, "She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her.". Seriously, she put the quotation marks on the word abusive, that is pretty callous IMO and as far as being supportive as one can get for a victim of DV. It is 1 step away from out and out calling a DV survivor a liarAnd this is coming from someone that just 3 seasons ago cried about her situation (1 that did not include DV) to 3 women she just met/didn't know and 3 women that she wasn't friends with. Bethenny just can't stand that someone else might get viewer support/sympathy IMO.

• Love 9
(edited)

Seriously, she put the quotation marks on the word abusive, that is pretty callous IMO and as far as being supportive as one can get for a victim of DV. It is 1 step away from out and out calling a DV survivor a liar.

Not everyone sees it that way. IMO, of course.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2

So the thing with Russ was not  a serious date after all. 

Well, the date(s) were probably serious, they just didn't lead to a relationship.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

This is really lame reporting.

WTH cares?

I know. How much do you think she is paying DM? 

How about some news about Fredrik not being able to sell her SOHO apartment? 

The one that he has to drop the price on.

• Love 2

How much do you think she is paying DM? 

About as much as the other HWs who appear in the DM do.

Not a fan of the jumpsuit, but I like the casual look. Though I do prefer the longer hair she had with the jumpsuit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Lol.

How about DM  hiring better writers?

I wonder how low the pay is?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Not a fan of the jumpsuit, but I like the casual look. Though I do prefer the longer hair she had with the jumpsuit.

On Snap her hair is longer.  The cat jumpsuit was in the last flew weeks.  I don't know when the jeans photo was taken but her hakir is currently just past her shoulders.  So DM got a new picture and then added an old one they hadn't printed yet.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

diadochokinesis  posted in the Bethenny/Jason divorce thread

Seriously?  She has no obligation to help everybody. Do you get upset when St. Jude's doesn't help adults?  Or that the American Cancer Society doesn't help someone with AIDS?  No.  Organizations have a targeted focus. That is her targeted focus. The fact that she has an organization out there that is doing good and y'all are still tearing her down...  She just can't do anything right according to y'all. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think anyone here at PTV expects Bethenny to help out someone with Tinsley's wealth monetarily thru her charity and that isn't what anyone was saying. The comments were about Bethenny's callous comments about Tinsley, "She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her.". Seriously, she put the quotation marks on the word abusive, that is pretty callous IMO and as far as being supportive as one can get for a victim of DV. It is 1 step away from out and out calling a DV survivor a liarAnd this is coming from someone that just 3 seasons ago cried about her situation (1 that did not include DV) to 3 women she just met/didn't know and 3 women that she wasn't friends with. Bethenny just can't stand that someone else might get viewer support/sympathy IMO.

My comment was based off of what I was reading from a variety of places/people. Some people are giving Bethenny grief because she is limiting her support to financial help. People are judging Bethenny because she is helping people who need financial assistance in leaving their abuser. Some people feel like she needs to support everyone in an abusive relationship. Bethenny is far from perfect but it really has turned into a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't type situation. I'm just pointing out that she has a charity that is trying to help these women. I had a friend who was in an abusive situation. I stored her stuff at my house for a year while she slowly moved it out and told her that her and her son were welcome whenever they left. That was over ten years ago and she is still with him because she can't afford to leave him. She would leave him otherwise.  A charity like B's would allow her to finally leave her husband. 

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

No guarantee that she is paying them.  This stuff is right up DM's alley. They post trash. They do not really cover any serious news. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

On Snap her hair is longer.  The cat jumpsuit was in the last flew weeks.  I don't know when the jeans photo was taken but her hakir is currently just past her shoulders.  So DM got a new picture and then added an old one they hadn't printed yet.

Good catch.

8 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

My comment was based off of what I was reading from a variety of places/people. Some people are giving Bethenny grief because she is limiting her support to financial help. People are judging Bethenny because she is helping people who need financial assistance in leaving their abuser. Some people feel like she needs to support everyone in an abusive relationship. Bethenny is far from perfect but it really has turned into a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't type situation. I'm just pointing out that she has a charity that is trying to help these women. I had a friend who was in an abusive situation. I stored her stuff at my house for a year while she slowly moved it out and told her that her and her son were welcome whenever they left. That was over ten years ago and she is still with him because she can't afford to leave him. She would leave him otherwise.  A charity like B's would allow her to finally leave her husband. 

No guarantee that she is paying them.  This stuff is right up DM's alley. They post trash. They do not really cover any serious news. 

It might not be only about money in your friend's case. She is most likely scared. Plus, depending on her background, she will be shunned.

I shared before, one of my acquaintances got killed by her ex husband. It is no joke.

As far as the comments about Beth, she is on my TV, she knows the deal. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Good catch.

It might not be only about money in your friend's case. She is most likely scared. Plus, depending on her background, she will be shunned.

I shared before, one of my acquaintances got killed by her ex husband. It is no joke.

As far as the comments about Beth, she is on my TV, she knows the deal. 

So I know my friend and have been very close to her my entire life.  It is purely down to money.  She has no family other than her dickhead husband so other than friends, there is no one that could help her out.  It is down to money for her. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

So I know my friend and have been very close to her my entire life.  It is purely down to money.  She has no family other than her dickhead husband so other than friends, there is no one that could help her out.  It is down to money for her. 

I don't know where you are but they are many organizations to help her.

Just in my neck of the woods, there are both private foundations as well as religious organizations.

Also,  the girl I know was being blackmailed by her husband about the kids. He took custody. Really, really ugly. He raped her repeatedly. And he finally killed her and himself.

Money is just a detail imo. 

Best wishes for your friend.

4 hours ago, BBHN said:

Not everyone sees it that way. IMO, of course.

OMG improper use of quotation marks. Bethenny has been taking lessons from Frenchie, who took lessons from Joey from Friends

d858fb7dc67f8ee421f3f8cb1d303fe0.gif

There's a clip in the upcoming episode where Bethenny tells Tinsley basically to shit or get off the pot. I interpreted that as her yelling at Tinsley to get her own place and stop bitching about Sonja.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

And here is some more Breaking News about Bethenny.

Brace yourselves, you will hardly believe it....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4634548/Bethenny-Frankel-wears-two-different-outfits-one-day.html

I wonder how they found out that little nugget of news. 

The most interesting thing about this is not the article, it's about the fact that this type of stuff makes Beth so much more money. Every time there is a story about her - flattering or unflattering - and someone clicks on that story, it creates a media impression. Her marketing folks are keeping track of Every. Single. Click. A story gets posted here, and lord knows how many people open it up and read it. All of those get counted. They then use that to show people how much attention she can garner. Like the people at Shark Tank. People post and post the pictures she posts on social media - calling her a famewhore and saying they cannot believe she does this. Guess what, this is why she does it. Because getting people to open it up and look at it ups her amount of media impressions, which opens the doors to more opportunities for her. Ironically, it is usually folks who don't like her who post the most stuff about her, which I imagine makes her laugh and laugh as she is depositing funds into her account. 

• Love 6

Jules' eating disorder made Beth uncomfortable, Tinsley's "abuse" makes her uncomfortable.  Beth has so many deep seeded issues going back to her relationship with her mother. I recommend real therapy, not the TV kind. It's too bad her coworkers make her uncomfortable, I am sure everyone was not ill at ease when she has gone off in one of her Adderall fueled rants. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4636266/Bethenny-Frankel-announces-no-man-life.html

So the thing with Russ was not  a serious date after all. 

Beth is ready to mingle again. 

Is this a warning for all single men to RUN?!?! LOL

6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

And here is some more Breaking News about Bethenny.

Brace yourselves, you will hardly believe it....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4634548/Bethenny-Frankel-wears-two-different-outfits-one-day.html

I wonder how they found out that little nugget of news. 

She really needs to stop! Before we know it, she will be posting pictures/announcements of herself on the toilet! 

4 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Here, we are judging her on her own behavior, be it on the show, in her blogs, twitter/snapchat or in interviews. If she can't be supportive (emotionally) of someone she works with/knows in real life, how can she be supportive of strangers? Her charity is a PR move and nothing else but at least she is doing something I guess. 

As for your friend, I hope she gets out soon but it is never just about the money, never. The emotional damage done to DV victims is harder to recover from than the physical damage most of the time.

• Love 5

They seem to be saying Bethenny got a haircut, hence the different hair lengths  in the 2 pictures. Which it seems is wrong, as per people following her on SM.

If she can't be supportive (emotionally) of someone she works with/knows in real life, how can she be supportive of strangers?

It isn't that hard to imagine. Lots of people will donate time and money to charities, but not necessarily to say, their neighbors if they need it, for an example.

Is this a recent pic? I like the soft highlights in Beth's hair.

It's a cute pic.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The most interesting thing about this is not the article, it's about the fact that this type of stuff makes Beth so much more money. Every time there is a story about her - flattering or unflattering - and someone clicks on that story, it creates a media impression. Her marketing folks are keeping track of Every. Single. Click. A story gets posted here, and lord knows how many people open it up and read it. All of those get counted. They then use that to show people how much attention she can garner. Like the people at Shark Tank. People post and post the pictures she posts on social media - calling her a famewhore and saying they cannot believe she does this. Guess what, this is why she does it. Because getting people to open it up and look at it ups her amount of media impressions, which opens the doors to more opportunities for her. Ironically, it is usually folks who don't like her who post the most stuff about her, which I imagine makes her laugh and laugh as she is depositing funds into her account. 

You are absolutely right. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

As for your friend, I hope she gets out soon but it is never just about the money, never. The emotional damage done to DV victims is harder to recover from than the physical damage most of the time.

But often times, money is what makes people stay, or what makes them come back. There are a ton of other reasons - they love them, have low self-esteem, have children, think they can change them, religion, etc. But money plays a huge role in why many women stay in abusive relationships.  This from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence:

"Eighty-five percent of women who leave an abusive relationship return. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, a significant proportion of women who return to the relationship attribute their inability to deal with their finances as a major factor, which is often enhanced by the fact that the abuser often has all of the economic and social standing and complete control over the family finances.

These women’s options are further limited by the fact that many who leave often face one or more additional barriers including having at least one dependent child, not being employed outside of the home, possessing no property that is solely theirs, and lacking access to cash or bank and credit accounts. For these reasons it is very likely that many of these women would experience a decline in living standards and security of life for themselves and their children if they were to leave their partner.

As a result of all of these combined factors, many survivors of domestic violence who summon the courage to leave the abusive relationship eventually return for financial reasons.

In most cases women arrive at shelters with few more resources other than the clothes they are wearing. Some are burdened with debt–in many cases their partners. Still others tumble into debt after they have left the abusive relationship because they overspend on impulse or budget poorly. Very few of them are yet to have addressed the emotional and psychological issues that have dictated their poor financial choices. Rarely is a battered woman accustomed to managing her own money."

• Love 5
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But often times, money is what makes people stay, or what makes them come back. There are a ton of other reasons - they love them, have low self-esteem, have children, think they can change them, religion, etc. But money plays a huge role in why many women stay in abusive relationships.  This from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence:

"Eighty-five percent of women who leave an abusive relationship return. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, a significant proportion of women who return to the relationship attribute their inability to deal with their finances as a major factor, which is often enhanced by the fact that the abuser often has all of the economic and social standing and complete control over the family finances.

These women’s options are further limited by the fact that many who leave often face one or more additional barriers including having at least one dependent child, not being employed outside of the home, possessing no property that is solely theirs, and lacking access to cash or bank and credit accounts. For these reasons it is very likely that many of these women would experience a decline in living standards and security of life for themselves and their children if they were to leave their partner.

As a result of all of these combined factors, many survivors of domestic violence who summon the courage to leave the abusive relationship eventually return for financial reasons.

In most cases women arrive at shelters with few more resources other than the clothes they are wearing. Some are burdened with debt–in many cases their partners. Still others tumble into debt after they have left the abusive relationship because they overspend on impulse or budget poorly. Very few of them are yet to have addressed the emotional and psychological issues that have dictated their poor financial choices. Rarely is a battered woman accustomed to managing her own money."

Those fuckers demolish women in every aspects.

I think at this point of my life. I have known women from all walks of life who suffered at the hands of abusers.

It is horrendous.

The number one red flag is isolation. Girls, if he does not like your family and friends. Lose him.

• Love 4
Just now, LIMOM said:

Those fuckers demolish women in every aspects.

I think at this point of my life. I have known women from all walks of life who suffered at the hands of abusers.

It is horrendous.

The number one red flag is isolation. Girls, if he does not like your family and friends. Lose him.

Oh yea, completely agree. A man who wants to alienate you from your friends, family, and support system is no good. But it can be so hard to convince a woman who believes "but he just loves me so much he wants me to need and want only him" that this trait is not a sign of undying love and affection. Seen it more than once and it is indeed horrendous. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Some people are giving Bethenny grief because she is limiting her support to financial help.  Some people feel like she needs to support everyone in an abusive relationship. Bethenny is far from perfect but it really has turned into a damned if she does, damned if she doesn't type situation. 

The problem isn't that she's not being all things to all people, imo. The issue is that -- as a figurehead for a charity supposedly helping abuse survivors -- putting the word abusive in scare quotes (when referring to another woman who has documented proof of being beaten) is appalling (and would remain appalling, even if she WERE all things to all people).

Imagine Frankel heading up a group meant to help women who are food insecure. And a fellow cast member, who has gone hungry for month, receives scare quotes around "hungry" when Bethenny refers to her starvation. That's the issue, imo ; the ignorance and cruelty of that dismissiveness, and the not-so- subtle creation of a hierarchy of need/despair: this woman is abused (one of the "good" ones) but that woman? Pfft; she's just "abused".

• Love 8
1 minute ago, film noire said:

magine Frankel heading up a group meant to help women who are food insecure. And a fellow cast member, who has gone hungry for month, receives scare quotes around "hungry" when Bethenny refers to her starvation.

So my question is, I only saw and article by an author with abuse in quotes.  Was there an interview where Bethenny used air quotes?  Because I don't trust quotes in the media.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So my question is, I only saw and article by an author with abuse in quotes.  Was there an interview where Bethenny used air quotes?  Because I don't trust quotes in the media.

It was her Bravo blog:

"Time to pack it up and pack it in. I do think Tinsley should wear her hair and lashes however she sees fit. She talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don't know her."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-tinsley-needs

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6