Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Hopefully they had a nice time on their date.

It's all good until Russ TheRiot brings Beth home to meet the family, especially his MommaBear.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4

Besides, people are jumping the gun a little. This guy might just be the rebound guy after Dennis. It seems they've only dated a few times so far.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Besides, people are jumping the gun a little. This guy might just be the rebound guy after Dennis. It seems they've only dated a few times so far.

This I agree with. Or maybe they are just friends, hanging out.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

You cannot copyright recipes. 

Not a list of ingredients or simple steps,  no  - you can protect a secret recipe formula (coke,  KFC) and (I'm assuming) Skinnygirl did the same when Beam bought it (presumably b/c the industrial version is not the same as the "at home" Bethenny posted online years ago). But I'm not talking legal, I'm talking about shitty and tacky; publicly trashing your mother while using the recipe she created for your godmother to make your own fortune.  YMMV.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, film noire said:

Not a list of ingredients or simple steps,  no  - you can protect a secret recipe formula (coke,  KFC) and (I'm assuming) Skinnygirl did the same when Beam bought it (presumably b/c the industrial version is not the same as the "at home" Bethenny posted online years ago). But I'm not talking legal, I'm talking about shitty and tacky; publicly trashing your mother while using the recipe she created for your godmother to make your own fortune.  YMMV.

I once went to cook a dish my mom would always cookI guess, so I gave her a call and got her recipe.

As we went over the ingrediences, we began to chat about how to put the dish together.

As I asked her about some of the steps in the process, she got giggly.

She then confessed that when people asked her about her recipes, she'd leave out an ingredient or step,

(she also did that with whatever perfume she was wearing, if people asked wanted to know what it was, she'd give then a different name)

When I told her that wasn't nice, she said, "who's recipe is it?"

---------------------

Had Bernadette stolen a recipe from beffy?

She'd be whining and carrying on about how her mom was a thief, a bitch and what else?

Knowing how she yelled at lulu about being a whore, etc?

I wonder what offensive behavior she has foisted on her mom?

• Love 7

First it was the nonsense that Bethenny sold SK due to Jason's divine intervention and help.  

Now it is  recipe that she stole from her mother? 

Given that logic I guess there is still hope for all of us to become millionaires and get great deals for some recipes from our mothers and grandmothers. I am sure Jill would had made a fortune with recipes abut matzo soup (which BTW she tried) or any other jewish recipe, but she never made a whole lot o money from it. 

People have million of ideas but not all of them come to fruition, it takes a lot of work, lot of rejections, lot of time, sweat and tears invested. Lots of people may have come before Bethenny with a recipe for a lot less caloric margarita, yet Bethenny's product is the one that took off mainly because of her appearance on the show. Other Bravo HW have had the same opportunity to exposure than Bethenny had nd yet they were not able to come up with a viable product. 

It is usually a great deal of work and finding other people willing to give your product a chance, the market willing to buy it and the right investors to take it to the next level. Bethenny hit every right step and it worked great. It worked so great that it hasn't been able to be replicated by any other Bravo HW. 

Bethenny worked her a$% off and her hard work paid off, kudos to her. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

First it was the nonsense that Bethenny sold SK due to Jason's divine intervention and help.  

Now it is  recipe that she stole from her mother? 

Given that logic I guess there is still hope for all of us to become millionaires and get great deals for some recipes from our mothers and grandmothers. I am sure Jill would had made a fortune with recipes abut matzo soup (which BTW she tried) or any other jewish recipe, but she never made a whole lot o money from it. 

People have million of ideas but not all of them come to fruition, it takes a lot of work, lot of rejections, lot of time, sweat and tears invested. Lots of people may have come before Bethenny with a recipe for a lot less caloric margarita, yet Bethenny's product is the one that took off mainly because of her appearance on the show. Other Bravo HW have had the same opportunity to exposure than Bethenny had nd yet they were not able to come up with a viable product. 

It is usually a great deal of work and finding other people willing to give your product a chance, the market willing to buy it and the right investors to take it to the next level. Bethenny hit every right step and it worked great. It worked so great that it hasn't been able to be replicated by any other Bravo HW. 

Bethenny worked her a$% off and her hard work paid off, kudos to her. 

Did Bethenny work her butt off in making SKG happen/a success, Yes, she did but the fact remains that the original SKG margarita recipe was developed/invented by her mother, not Bethenny. As for Jason being a part of SKG/JB sale, she has only herself to blame, it was what she told the world on her show. Maybe if she wasn't so quick to exaggerate/lie, these things would not come back to haunt her. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes, she did but the fact remains that the original SKG margarita recipe was developed/invented by her mother, not Bethenny.

How do we know this?  I don't remember it on the show but no one here believes a word out of B's mouth so this is an odd one to start with.  Like you said she lies.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

How do we know this?  I don't remember it on the show but no one here believes a word out of B's mouth so this is an odd one to start with.  Like you said she lies.

She told it to Luann on camera when she introduced SKG to the show. LOL This is the problem with Bethenny, you never know when she is lying. She tells different stories to different people depending on what she wants them to think or how to react and she doesn't bother to keep track of her lies because so many buy into all of her crap without hesitation. Bottom line, Bethenny doesn't hesitate to lie, so nothing from her is believable or reliable, especially when she is trying to paint herself as the victim. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

So this would make Luann a liar as well...Luann stated she gave Bethenny the idea.

No, Luann claimed she gave Bethenny the name SKG. Bethenny called it something different in that scene, Luann is the one that called it a SKG margarita. LOL Bethenny tried to twist that story into something it wasn't as well but the camera/audio showed differently. LOL

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Bethenny has always stated she invented a "category" in the liquor industry.  

Yes, she did make that claim except she was once again not being honest, there were other low calorie hard liquor drink/mixes on the market before SKG. She was one of the first but not THE first. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She told it to Luann on camera when she introduced SKG to the show. LOL This is the problem with Bethenny, you never know when she is lying. She tells different stories to different people depending on what she wants them to think or how to react and she doesn't bother to keep track of her lies because so many buy into all of her crap without hesitation. . 

Yes. But this is the one fact she and her mother agree on about her childhood -- so I give it more credence than all the "lost at sea!" type lies ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, film noire said:

Yes. But this is the one fact she and her mother agree on about her childhood -- so I give it more credence than all the "lost at sea!" type lies ; )

Well, not so fast! LOL Bethenny has changed her story once again! In the link Happy Camper provided at the top of this page, Bethenny claims both her mom and Luann lied about inventing the initial SKG drink recipe, she just doesn't even bother to keep her stories/lies straight anymore because so many buy into what ever she says at the moment. She really can't get out of her own way, she lies with the ease of a duck shedding water off its back!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Does anyone know why Nestle/Skinny Cow didn't go after Beth (or did they)?

They haven't sued (yet? Doubt they will, the hassle likely isn't worth the $$ legal battle). Last year, Pugliese (Skinny Cow founder) gave an interview to In Touch magazine about it:

"Skinnygirl's denial follows a report published in the August 29 issue of In Touch magazine, in which Skinny Cow founder Pugliese accused the reality star of getting the idea for her company’s name from his popular brand of frozen treats. “She stole my name,” Pugliese told the publication. The businessman also alleged that the Real Housewives of New York City star, 45, visited his office several years ago to ask for help as she launched Skinnygirl, which has since become one of the fastest growing liquor brands on the market.

“I tried to help her, but … she’s a little wacky — I basically threw her out of my office,” Pugliese claimed to In Touch.

The entrepreneur — who says Skinny Cow’s parent company, Nestlé, could “sue the hell” out of Frankel — added, “There’s no way she will be honest about this.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-didnt-steal-skinnygirl-from-skinny-cow-w435000

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Did Bethenny work her butt off in making SKG happen/a success, Yes, she did but the fact remains that the original SKG margarita recipe was developed/invented by her mother, not Bethenny. As for Jason being a part of SKG/JB sale, she has only herself to blame, it was what she told the world on her show. Maybe if she wasn't so quick to exaggerate/lie, these things would not come back to haunt her. LOL

I would be surprised if her mother 'invented' this drink.  She may have prepared it for her friend, maybe even thought she invented something but no one can prove she is the only woman/person in the world to lay claim to making margaritas in this very way.  It isn't something new, it was just new to market and gave the calorie conscious a way to have a cocktail without all the calories.

• Love 4

The entrepreneur — who says Skinny Cow’s parent company, Nestlé, could “sue the hell” out of Frankel — added, “There’s no way she will be honest about this.”

Gurl, please, if y'all had a case, Nestlé would have gone for it.

• Love 9

Yeah, yeah, and Steve Jobs stole the idea for GUI from Xerox and made it work so that regular people were like "holy shit!" and then Gates stole it from him and mass marketed it, made millions, and dominated an entire industry for years. The idea is the smallest part of the puzzle and, arguably, the least important - it's what you do with it, how you do it, and when you do it that matters. Along with plenty of perseverance. Beth has been incredibly successful in a way that I know I sure admire and I'm not understanding why anyone would want to find a way to take it away from her. She's got plenty of other issues, god knows.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Bethenny has always stated she invented a "category" in the liquor industry.  

Yes, she did make that claim except she was once again not being honest, there were other low calorie hard liquor drink/mixes on the market before SKG. She was one of the first but not THE first. LOL

She reignited a very sleepy category in the liquor industry. I know that her drinks were selling and I'm sure that competitors were taking notice, but I think the sale of Skinnygirl to Beam Suntory did more to ignite that category.

• Love 4

This explains why John got eviscerated when he dragged out this little gem.  He went for a weak spot and she really fought back.  It's what he wanted.

But this guy sounds like a jerk.  No wonder he and John are friends.  I'm not surprised.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Yeah, yeah, and Steve Jobs stole the idea for GUI from Xerox and made it work so that regular people were like "holy shit!" and then Gates stole it from him and mass marketed it, made millions, and dominated an entire industry for years. The idea is the smallest part of the puzzle and, arguably, the least important - it's what you do with it, how you do it, and when you do it that matters. Along with plenty of perseverance. Beth has been incredibly successful in a way that I know I sure admire and I'm not understanding why anyone would want to find a way to take it away from her. She's got plenty of other issues, god knows.

I don't think anyone is taking away the hard work or her commitment to SKG from Bethenny. I am pointing out her ever changing stories, her lies and her exaggerations to the point of lying that she does all the dang time. Without a doubt, Bethenny has worked hard and tirelessly for what she has accomplished but she didn't do it alone like she tries to claim she did, she had help along the way, a lot of help from various people and she has discarded some of those that helped her, no matter how small or large the help, like they never existed to begin with. Without a doubt, for me at least, it is hard to separate the truth from the fiction that comes out of her mouth at any given time on any subject, be it SKG history, Jason/custody/divorce/emails, her parents/abuse/neglect/hardships/entitlements or whatever. She needs to pick a "story" and stick to it and stop changing it to fit her current narrative for whatever interview she is giving at the time. Oh, and stop talking/discussing her "issues" with Jason on the show and stop allowing/using Carole to do it for her as well. 

• Love 4

She reignited a very sleepy category in the liquor industry. I know that her drinks were selling and I'm sure that competitors were taking notice, but I think the sale of Skinnygirl to Beam Suntory did more to ignite that category.

I've compared it to Miller Lite before.  Everyone thought about a light beer.  ALL of the big breweries were working on a plan.  Miller really thought they had it when they could brew it light instead of cutting it after brew.  So they went for it and the world laughed.  Men drink beer.  Men don't care about calories.  Flash forward and every major brand has a light and an ultra light. 

So I see the SG Margarita as being the same forerunner.  There were premixed cocktails before.  There were no light calories cocktails. Until SkinnyGirl.  Now every brand has one or two.  But the only brand I see on the shelf at my local that has 10 different bottles is still SkinnyGirl.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No, Luann claimed she gave Bethenny the name SKG. Bethenny called it something different in that scene, Luann is the one that called it a SKG margarita. LOL Bethenny tried to twist that story into something it wasn't as well but the camera/audio showed differently. LOL

This topic of who named the drink gets dredged up constantly. My recollection is along the lines of:

Bethenny and Lu are seated. Server arrives and B describes how she wants the drink prepared. Then she says:

“I call it a skinny girl* margarita.”

(brief desultory chat follows – then Lu says):

“I’ll have the skinny girl margarita.”

The difference was the use of “a” versus “the”.  Usually the definite article – that would be “the” -- would prevail over the indefinite except, clearly, Lu is simply saying, "I'll try the margarita that was just described" – and not actually christening the drink.

*What I’m not sure of: if B initially called it “a skinny girl margarita” or “a skinny girl’s margarita”.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

This topic of who named the drink gets dredged up constantly. My recollection is along the lines of:

Bethenny and Lu are seated. Server arrives and B describes how she wants the drink prepared. Then she says:

The difference was the use of “a” versus “the”.  Usually the definite article – that would be “the” -- would prevail over the indefinite except, clearly, Lu is simply saying, "I'll try the margarita that was just described" – and not actually christening the drink.

*What I’m not sure of: if B initially called it “a skinny girl margarita” or “a skinny girl’s margarita”.

Bethenny used the plural, "girl's", Luann used the singular, "girl". Small difference but still, Luann used it first and Luann was the first HW to help promote Bethenny's new drink but you would not think that by the way Bethenny has treated Luann, you would think that Luann called it swill instead! LOL

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Exactly! LuAnn is delusional!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is Luann "delusional"? She used the correct name, the one that Bethenny decided to use, before Bethenny did and Luann was the first HW to help Bethenny promote SKG. IMO, Bethenny is delusional in denying these facts, denying them makes her petty, very, very petty. 

Just now, film noire said:

The McCord logo had the S/apostrophe: 

skinny girls logo.png

Yes, she used the name Bethenny first used and then Bethenny changed it to the one Luann used. LOL

• Love 4

How is Luann "delusional"? She used the correct name, the one that Bethenny decided to use, before Bethenny did and Luann was the first HW to help Bethenny promote SKG. IMO, Bethenny is delusional in denying these facts, denying them makes her petty, very, very petty. 

Yes, she used the name Bethenny first used and then Bethenny changed it to the one Luann used. LOL

73633862.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)

If Luann, for one split second, believed she came up with the name Skinny Girl she would have an attorney suing Bethenny. Hell, the women married a known cheater for a very small penthouse. LOL

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 9
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

If Luann, for one split second, believed she came up with the name Skinny Girl she would have an attorney suing Bethenny. Hell, the women married a known cheater for a very small penthouse. LOL

She knows she said the name first, as does Bethenny. It was all filmed! LOL And Luann isn't greedy like that and she never claimed she came up with the drink idea no matter how many times Bethenny tries to say she did. It was the name and nothing more, well the name and agreeing to film with Bethenny so B could promote the drink. 

Edited by WireWrap
because my brain is having hickups today! LOL
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Clearly, Bethenny named the drink! I also remember Luann flat out asking Bethenny "What did you call it?" THEN Luann ordered the drink that Bethenny called Skinny Girl Margarita. 

I have to disagree above this post. From what has been shown on the show, Luann is indeed greedy and/or cheap! LOL

Edited by Martinigirl
to add LOL
  • Love 13

Clearly, Bethenny named the drink! I also remember Luann flat out asking Bethenny "What did you call it?" THEN Luann ordered the drink that Bethenny called Skinny Girl Margarita. 

20160321-filthy-martinis-vicky-wasik-seq

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I have to disagree above this post. From what has been shown on the show, Luann is indeed greedy and/or cheap! LOL

Please, go back and re-watch it if you can, Bethenny clearly calls the drink The Skinny Girl's Margarita, she used the plural, "girl's" and when Luann said it she clearly said the singular, "girl". And Bethenny initially used "Girls" when she had Alex do a mock up label but she then changed it to the singular "Girl" after. 

• Love 2

Wiat. What? We are disagreeing over an S in the name? LOL! That is hilarious!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!! 

Yummy!!!

And an apostrophe. Damn you, little apostrophe!

• Love 7
(edited)

I need one of the tasty martinis, please. I have completely lost it! I thought I was debating Skinny Girl ...not the S placement. LOL! Give me two of those dang martinis!!!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7