Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

The document was held invalid due a technical glitch, the Court did not find it was fraudulent.  You don't need fraud to invalidate a document.

My hazy memory is that B had certainly come up with the Skinnygirl idea and the original drink before meeting Jason; but she wasn't making money off it.  The money and real marketing came from Jim Beam, and she was married to or with Jason at that time.  IIRC, he was arguing that the Skinnygirl money shouldn't be part of the pre-nup because of his involvement in getting the Jim Beam deal.  Whether he was really instrumental, or helpful, I don't know.  He wasn't just trying to invalidate a document he voluntarily signed (B - looking at you and the home), but felt the Skinnygirl deal should be held outside of it. 

Someone above mentioned her inheritance from her father.  Regardless of the marriage/pre-nup/whatever, that'd be her non-marital property (unless she somehow co-mingled it with family money).

Bethenny and David Kanbar had already started bottling and selling the premixed Skinnygirl cocktails in 2009 before Bethenny and Jason married. It was being sold in Pennsylvania Wine and Spirits stores (these are the stores that the state operates), Spec's stores (which probably had about 100 locations in Texas), and stores in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. It was selling 100,000 cases a year. It was probably between $10,000,000 and$13,000,000 in sales minus whatever it cost to make and distribute it. Six months into the marriage, Bethenny and Kanbar began negotiations with Beam Suntory for the sale of Skinnygirl.

In season 2, there is the storyline about Jason "helping" with Skinnygirl. That season filmed at some point in the fall of 2010. In episode 3, Bethenny "discovers problems with the distribution and manufacture of Skinnygirl Margarita, and that stores cannot keep up with demand." In episode 17, Bethenny and Jason go to visit the plant to figure out the bottling problems. This episode filmed after Bethenny's birthday, but before Thanksgiving. Bethenny and David Kanbar began negotiations for the sale of Skinnygirl wines and spirits in September of 2010 almost certainly before a single second of season 2 was filmed. Kanbar had successfully sold Skyy to Campari. He also developed Bambu Rum and Bulldog Gin. Jason wasn't involved in the Beam Suntory deal at all. Jason's "helping" storyline was a stand-in for a deal that she couldn't disclose so that she could communicate how well the product was doing and selling.

When I watched the show, I also thought that Jason helped her with getting Skinnygirl manufactured and distributed. However, if you do the math and look at the time lines, there is no way that Jason materially did anything for Skinnygirl. And if it was having "real" problems with manufacturing, distribution, and making money Beam Suntory would be wary acquiring the brand because the problems indicate that the brand might have a bad reputation due to unreliability. Jason helping was bullshit for the show. Jason wanted to invalidate that part of the prenup because of the sheer amount of money it made. No one thought that a housewife could make that kind of money on her side hustle. Even worse, NBC Universal had no profit sharing provision in her contract. They never made that mistake ever again. NBC Universal is now completely ruthless about profit sharing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/new-reality-deal-tv-execs-432282

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, BBHN said:

So basically you're assuming she slept her way to the top, traditionally or non-traditionally. Even if there is no evidence that she did, one way or the other.

I don't think B is attractive enough to sleep her way to the top of anything. So, as much as I dislike her, I do believe she earned her way to her financial status. 

• Love 5
(edited)

They say that to be successful, you need to be ready to take opportunities when they present themselves.  

I think Bethenny benefited from some really good connections, and that is HUGE.  And, she may have stolen the Skinny Girl concept and Jason may have contributed to its huge success (both of which I believe), but all that means is the ball was tossed.  She caught it and carried it to the goal post.

Bethenny took opportunities presented to her and made them happen. 

....I'm not a fan on most fronts, but I have to give her credit for making the Skinny Girl thing work.  I have no doubt others were big players in her success story, but it's still her story.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

I am not assuming anything. She herself said in the early season that she slept with guys for rent and bags and the like.

So that automatically means she slept her way to the top when it comes to her business? I now slut shaming is a thing to use when we don't like a HW, but dang.

I don't think B is attractive enough to sleep her way to the top of anything.

I don't even know where to start with something like that...

she may have stolen the Skinny Girl concept

Stolen from whom?

• Love 9
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny and David Kanbar had already started bottling and selling the premixed Skinnygirl cocktails in 2009 before Bethenny and Jason married. It was being sold in Pennsylvania Wine and Spirits stores (these are the stores that the state operates), Spec's stores (which probably had about 100 locations in Texas), and stores in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. It was selling 100,000 cases a year. It was probably between $10,000,000 and$13,000,000 in sales minus whatever it cost to make and distribute it. Six months into the marriage, Bethenny and Kanbar began negotiations with Beam Suntory for the sale of Skinnygirl.

In season 2, there is the storyline about Jason "helping" with Skinnygirl. That season filmed at some point in the fall of 2010. In episode 3, Bethenny "discovers problems with the distribution and manufacture of Skinnygirl Margarita, and that stores cannot keep up with demand." In episode 17, Bethenny and Jason go to visit the plant to figure out the bottling problems. This episode filmed after Bethenny's birthday, but before Thanksgiving. Bethenny and David Kanbar began negotiations for the sale of Skinnygirl wines and spirits in September of 2010 almost certainly before a single second of season 2 was filmed. Kanbar had successfully sold Skyy to Campari. He also developed Bambu Rum and Bulldog Gin. Jason wasn't involved in the Beam Suntory deal at all. Jason's "helping" storyline was a stand-in for a deal that she couldn't disclose so that she could communicate how well the product was doing and selling.

When I watched the show, I also thought that Jason helped her with getting Skinnygirl manufactured and distributed. However, if you do the math and look at the time lines, there is no way that Jason materially did anything for Skinnygirl. And if it was having "real" problems with manufacturing, distribution, and making money Beam Suntory would be wary acquiring the brand because the problems indicate that the brand might have a bad reputation due to unreliability. Jason helping was bullshit for the show. Jason wanted to invalidate that part of the prenup because of the sheer amount of money it made. No one thought that a housewife could make that kind of money on her side hustle. Even worse, NBC Universal had no profit sharing provision in her contract. They never made that mistake ever again. NBC Universal is now completely ruthless about profit sharing.

This is why I have a difficult time with B-Real.  There is much that she did for the show that isn't all that real.  The lost at sea, phony baloney stuff, offers to Jason as CEO without any power.  I do think it is difficult be it the man or woman in a marriage when the other's career takes off.  Does one protect their assets by not indulging in a beautiful home, fabulous vacations, drivers and seemingly endless spending to protect their separate property?  It is very cunning to treat at man as a consort, sire and active parent and equally as cunning to treat a woman as consort, mare and active parent, that are subject to being discarded at the person in power's whim.  Bethenny's spin off and even RH was always about her brand.  Her business partner took a 50% share, even her manager eventually received a piece of the pie, when it came to Jason-not so much.  I would be curious to learn if Jason received anything for his appearances on Bethenny's shows.  I would hope so as it seems unfair to have him work for free and throw out "work vacations" as the payment for being a part of the show.  There is an irony that much of Bethenny's press since her show and talk show ended comes from her divorce.   She has certainly kept her "torturous" divorce front page and center at every opportunity.  Even the "Cease & Desist" letter from Shields to Hoppy was made public by Bethenny. 

There comes a time when a person continues to be used as fodder they capitulate to offers for their side of the story.  I thought Bethenny did some serious baiting when she claimed Jason enjoyed the fame and when she cut him out he was angry.  I guarantee Jason has probably had significant offers for interviews and probably even a "Bachelor" type series if he was truly about the fame.  He could have and ultimately may someday be incredibly famous.  Imagine if he wrote a book about his experience in a relationship with a reality star who went viral?  Sometimes she can be very unreal.  I have always wondered if Jason's settlement had more to do with buying his silence than an actual pay out for community property earnings.  Either way it is money.

I agree with the math and timelines.  She had met with Kanabar before she met Jason.  What she brought to the table was exposure and the idea.  Kanbar brought the formula for a successful sell off.  I do not agree with the idea Jason was not involved at all.  He was there and supported her and listened.  As you pointed out he was the TV face  partner for filming purposes.      

• Love 12
21 hours ago, BBHN said:

I don't think B is attractive enough to sleep her way to the top of anything.

I don't even know where to start with something like that

It 's just an OPINION. My opinion. Typically, men with money and power are going to hit on very physically beautiful women. Bethenny IMO is not attractive. I' m sure she's been propositioned in the past for many things she wanted/needed at the time. I don't know Bethenny personally so my comments and opinions are based only on what is presented to me on RHONY and in the media. If you know Bethenny personally and my comments hurt you, that was not my intention. These "Real Housewives" get paid a lot of money to put themselves out there on display. So I will continue to comment. 

• Love 6

Typically, men with money and power are going to hit on very physically beautiful women

And only unattractive women get sexually assaulted, too, I suppose.

Typically, men with money and power are going to hit on very physically beautiful women. Bethenny IMO is not attractive. I' m sure she's been propositioned in the past for many things she wanted/needed at the time.

So I guess she is unattractive but still got offers to sleep her way to the top? That sounds contradictory.

• Love 3

QUOTE:

"And only unattractive women get sexually assaulted, too, I suppose."

I wasn't talking about women who are raped and/or sexually assaulted by men. Men who commit those violent crimes hate women and most often, don't care what the woman looks like. 

But I'm not here to get in a debate about your comment. I simply stated my opinion on Bethenny's looks. So I respectfully and peacefully am leaving it at that. I still think she's fugly. 

• Love 8

I wasn't talking about women who are raped and/or sexually assaulted by men. Men who commit those violent crimes hate women and most often, don't care what the woman looks like. 

No, but it was a similar type of comment.

I still think she's fugly. 

Just not fugly enough for men to proposition her ;)

• Love 4
On 6/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

Jason had absolutely nothing and I repeat, nothing to do with the sale of Skinnygirl cocktails, that was just merely a plot line for the show to create some storyline because the negotiations between the real ones could not be disclosed. Bethenny needed to showcase the production plant in Canada and so what better than to bring Jason with her and try to tie it up to show how the final sale came about. David Kanbar was the real mastermind of the whole deal and he had his first meeting with Bethenny a couple of weeks before Bethenny and Jason met for the very first time. 

This link has the name of the real team that represented Bethenny and Kanbar 

http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202487549110/Bethenny-Frankel-Taps-Sheppard-Mullin-for-Skinnygirl-Sale?slreturn=20170511215118 

Jason is a pharmaceutical salesman, not even a great one at that, to even imply that he would have anything to do with such a high-level negotiation is preposterous.  

Jason's name is never and will never be found in any of the negotiations of Skinnygirl cocktails. Kanbar and Bethenny had a deal and they carry it like a charm, it took them about two years to complete it and just because Jason became Bethenny's BF towards the end of that deal doesn't mean that he in any way contributed to it. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 9:26 PM, chenoa333 said:

It 's just an OPINION. My opinion. Typically, men with money and power are going to hit on very physically beautiful women. Bethenny IMO is not attractive. I' m sure she's been propositioned in the past for many things she wanted/needed at the time. I don't know Bethenny personally so my comments and opinions are based only on what is presented to me on RHONY and in the media. If you know Bethenny personally and my comments hurt you, that was not my intention. These "Real Housewives" get paid a lot of money to put themselves out there on display. So I will continue to comment. 

Which is why Prince Charles had a long term affair with the loveliest woman on the planet...Camilla Parker Bowles. It's also why Arnold Schwarzenegger destroyed his marriage because he was tempted by his gorgeous maid. 

Bethenny is a decently attractive woman. She's not the best looking woman to be called a Real Housewife. She's also not the least attractive woman to be a Real Housewife. The thing that is least attractive about Bethenny is her personality, not her face or her body. People are attracted to each other for a variety of reasons, looks being just one of the many reasons. People are attracted to intellect, sense of humor, personality, talent, compassion, money, physical beauty, and anything else that I've failed to mention.

Additionally in these quid pro quo sexual harassment situations, it's more about the power, victimization, and humiliation than the physical attractiveness of the harassed person. It's why actors and actresses love to talk about how they got certain roles through the casting couch. Oh wait, they don't like to talk about that. And that's what "sleeping your way to the anything" is. It is quid pro quo sexual harassment or in Kim Z's case a kept woman scenario or sex work. For the most part, no one loves being commodified in that way and being reduced to their sex parts. 

So in conclusion, people are attractive for many reasons, Bethenny is a reasonably attractive person who is also a jerk, and reducing someone to being attractive enough for quid pro quo is kind of gross.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, chenoa333 said:

Men with NO money and NO Power hit on pretty women too? ;)

You can be the BEST looking woman on the planet, but it's YOUR FUCKING SOUL AND ATTITUDE that make a person una -fucking- tractive.

Petty jealousy, anger, use of vulgar language - at inappropriate moments, whining, talking down to co-workers, employees and the general public, also isn't a good look for a woman. Telling a subordinate to get rid of a pillow stained with your menstrual flow is pretty classy, I think.

Lying about and overstating incidents in your life is another really unattractive quality in any woman.

Beff Frankelsteen is a monster, a compilation made up of some of the most nasty, uncomplimentary and soulless traits that a person could have.

----------

Beffy radiates an ugly persona,

THAT is what makes her unattractive - there are other women that are 'famous' who are drop dead gorgeous, but total assholes. There are some HW cast members across the franchises that are good looking - this season even Sonja did a talking head where I found her to be VERY attractive - but knowing her 'background'?

She is an 'ugly drunk' - I don't know how she is on a date with a man, but seeing her inebriation - and having to watch the rest of the group make jokes about her flashing her twat,  drop her down on the "Most datable/good dating material" list.

Some guys don't care about personality - if it's all about LOOKS. Some guys REALLY DO CARE ABOUT what makes a woman tick.

In beffy's case, It's all about what makes her tick and her ability to be as invasive and bothersome as a tick. It's a no-win situation with her.

-----

I have often looked at photos of all the HW - across all the franchises and have seen print (still) photos of every house ho and said 'wow, she is good looking, but her personality sucks ass'.

I have seen photos of beffy that have left me breathless, but knowing what an insufferable asshole she comes off as?

That is a real let down.

Beffy MIGHT be an good looking women, but she comes off as that apple - the one you have had an eye on. You take out from the bowl , bite into it and find the inside is soft, brown and mushy.

NOTHING is gonna get you to forget that mouthful of nasty apple and the disgust it gave you.

Beth has that same effect on people.

• Love 8

Bethenny's childhood as present by her is a contradiction.  On one hand I totally understand why what seems to many she had a childhood with certain perks.  Her mother and father and stepfather all came from the world of horse racing.  Horse racing attracts the wealthiest people in the world as owners of the glorious animals.  Be a trainer the best or very good they are still subservient to the owners.  For the trainers and their families, the track and the horses are everything.  For those they serve horse racing is just a small part of their lives.  Much like the pilot in their G-6. or their dry cleaner or chauffer.  Those that serve are constantly exposed to people with incredible amounts of money far beyond what even the Skinnygirl sale yielded.  Although the racetrack provided Bethenny's parents with certain access to power they were not the power.  I recall Season 1 Bethenny mentioning (and he may have been shown) the man behind the Grey Goose, I believe Sydney Frank, and he was a friend of her father's.  (Grey Goose sold for $2 billion in 2004).  Bethenny wasn't the Saudi princess visiting the family's race horse -she was the hot walker.   They may eat in the same restaurants and attend the horse race with box seats but they are very different.   Even into adulthood Bethenny took a job with  a famous family-the infamous Hiltons.  She spent her time  taking tweeners Paris and Nicky shopping and along the way developed a friendship with their aunt and of course their mother.  Come Nicky's big wedding-no invite for Bethenny-although she attend the east baby shower of Nicky's.  There are always boundaries.  Even though she had luxury cars and private schooling it must have seemed very small in comparison to what she saw the owners and people of power provided their children.  I believe one of her step-father's relatives managed Don Rickles.  Again someone who serves the talent not the talent.  So a sizable bonus, tickets a vacation provided by the masters is not the same as being the person who can provide it.

I saw signs of Bethenny and getting really upset when people didn't remember her-first there was Kelly, who apparently didn't acknowledge previous introductions and some random chiropractor, who she chastised for not remembering he had met her twice.  It was like hearing Ginny Hilfiger (who apparently designs no more) as BF's BFF but had a party hosted by Kelly.  She needs to be the most important. These are real slights to Bethenny because she went from support staff be it a hot walker, nanny or caterer(chef) to the on air talent and eventually entrepreneur.  Since her stardom" she has boasted her place in the Hamptons is the party place citing such luminaries as Xtina and Jamie Foxx's entourage (not to be confused with Jaimie Foxx).   Her friendship with nothing burger /clown Eric Stonestreet (yes he is on the iconic "Modern Family") but their way of introducing the relationship was to build up chatter about the two of them dating.  I don't think anyone cared before or since who Eric Stonestreet dates.   Too much fake.

As to being an exaggerator, recently Bethenny was on WWHL and claimed she had known Kyle for 30 years-Kyle interjected no not quite thirty years -that would have made Bethenny 16 and Kyle 18 years old.  They met long after when Paris was 13 (that would make Bethenny 23/24 and Kyle 25/26.  It is almost as if she cannot help herself even when it isn't important.  Last year Bethenny was all about outing Tom and him having dated three RH, a recycled story from the Harry season.  Bethenny mocks it and makes it seem so desperate and skeevy.  This past summer it appeared from Bethenny's Instagram and Page Six she was developing a relationship or at least attending the same events as Jennifer Lopez.  So what does she do on WWHL?  She announces she dated A-Rod.  Apparently, Bethenny just can't help herself.  What was interesting is she supposedly dated A-Rod in 2009-while she was dating Jason and ARod was tied to Kate Hudson.  I can't believe publicity crazy Bethenny would not have been screaming from the rooftops if she was actually "dating" (two dates) ARod.  What she did do by making this public is risk alienation from JLo-someone it seemed she was developing some sort of relationship with.  Does she think JLo wants to hang with her and make dick jokes about ARod?   It is the constant one upmanship I find unappealing.  I will say I actually saw Bethenny back down when Andy asked if there something about Kyle she wanted to share-as she began Kyle told her she would kick her ass and Bethenny shut up. 

As her fame has grown it just seems she less and less regard for others.  I get her mom did not leave up to Bethenny's expectations and she solved that by cutting her out of her life years before she was a reality star.   She used the woman repeatedly to garner sympathy and when her behavior started to mirror her mother's in attempted alienation of her daughter's father she has yet another public meltdown. 

When Luann, after yet another tongue lashing about Tom, tried to show Bethenny the upside of her life with Jason, her daughter and mentioned Dennis-Bethenny turned around and once again made fun of Luann as being a simpleton.  Luann did not have a lavish childhood-one bathroom for nine people.  Their family home burned to the ground and as a family they split up while the family home was being rebuilt. What does Luann bring out of her growing up -her mother thought to save the photo albums during the fire and posting pictures of her mom's Beanie Baby collection and undying love and admiration for the woman.  Lack of awareness is a two way street in the world of Bethenny.  Luann had a very humiliating public divorce, made most public by Bethenny and her continuing assaults about Luann being fake for the show.  There should have been some insight as to Luann really needed to continue working on the show and didn't want to bare all at the expense of her family.  But no she is a snake and to this day all Bethenny can talk about is the damn book Luann wrote and asking to be called Mrs. deLesseps by a driver.  I guess being on the service side really has left a lasting impact with Bethenny.

Forward ahead where Bethenny couldn't resist having the money to pay $10k for getting rid of the moths and taking John Mahdessian down a peg or two by saying it is unsuccessful.  This one might backfire though as she has told the world the home is infested and now she is trying to sell it-and the price keeps dropping.  It is the love hate relationship Bethenny has with being a former person of service and being in power.  Had one of her famous chef clientele come out and said what a disaster her services were as a chef she would have been livid.  They don't though, because it just isn't a classy thing to do. 

Bethenny's privilege was tied to her family being providers to the rich and famous and it seems there are scars that remain. 

• Love 18

Jason had absolutely nothing and I repeat, nothing to do with the sale of Skinnygirl cocktails, that was just merely a plot line for the show to create some storyline because the negotiations between the real ones could not be disclosed. Bethenny needed to showcase the production plant in Canada and so what better than to bring Jason with her and try to tie it up to show how the final sale came about. David Kanbar was the real mastermind of the whole deal and he had his first meeting with Bethenny a couple of weeks before Bethenny and Jason met for the very first time. 

This link has the name of the real team that represented Bethenny and Kanbar 

http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202487549110/Bethenny-Frankel-Taps-Sheppard-Mullin-for-Skinnygirl-Sale?slreturn=20170511215118

Jason is a pharmaceutical salesman, not even a great one at that, to even imply that he would have anything to do with such a high-level negotiation is preposterous.  

Jason's name is never and will never be found in any of the negotiations of Skinnygirl cocktails. Kanbar and Bethenny had a deal and they carry it like a charm, it took them about two years to complete it and just because Jason became Bethenny's BF towards the end of that deal doesn't mean that he in any way contributed to it. 

Bethenny and Kanbar made a good team, and deserve whatever success they achieved with SG.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Thank you very much-now if I could only work brevity into them.

I think beffy is way more complicated and would hurl at the idea someone was trying to simplify her being? ; )

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Forward ahead where Bethenny couldn't resist having the money to pay $10k for getting rid of the moths and taking John Mahdessian down a peg or two by saying it is unsuccessful.  This one might backfire though as she has told the world the home is infested and now she is trying to sell it-and the price keeps dropping.  It is the love hate relationship Bethenny has with being a former person of service and being in power.  Had one of her famous chef clientele come out and said what a disaster her services were as a chef she would have been livid.  They don't though, because it just isn't a classy thing to do. 

Bethenny's privilege was tied to her family being providers to the rich and famous and it seems there are scars that remain. 

OMG.

What made me laugh about the "Moth Man" scene was how stupid that scene was.

Unless you live in a Mason jar with the lid screwed on tight?

There is NO guarantee that anyplace you move will be 'bug' free, John did an abatement for pests that MIGHT have been in the building, but is he responsible for anything AFTER that?

I have dragged all kinds of shit into my house, on my shoes, clothes, hats.......

Beth should pay to have her building debugged, and sealed in plastic.

Fucking moron.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/10/2017 at 0:49 AM, BBHN said:

So that automatically means she slept her way to the top when it comes to her business? I now slut shaming is a thing to use when we don't like a HW, but dang.

I don't even know where to start with something like that...

Stolen from whom?

1) It doesn't mean she slept her way to the top it means she (in her own words) that she slept with men for bags and rent just as the poster stated. No one called her a slut. She did call Luann one though, and told Luann she fucks everybody.

2) idk and 3) her mother, according to her Mom.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

OMG.

What made me laugh about the "Moth Man" scene was how stupid that scene was.

Unless you live in a Mason jar with the lid screwed on tight?

There is NO guarantee that anyplace you move will be 'bug' free, John did an abatement for pests that MIGHT have been in the building, but is he responsible for anything AFTER that?

I have dragged all kinds of shit into my house, on my shoes, clothes, hats.......

Beth should pay to have her building debugged, and sealed in plastic.

Fucking moron.

This is from his company site...

"We can also expertly clean, restore, and protect your textiles and furnishings to ensure that your belongings are well cared for and your home is kept free of dust and pests.

. Our unique moth damage control services will eliminate your moth problem once and for all. "

Seems like John makes promises he can't keep

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, BBHN said:

You don't need to call someone a slut directly to slut shame them.

She stole SG from her mother? That's a new one.

According to Bethenny, herself, the SKG recipe was invented by her mother! Bethenny told Luann the story of how Bernadette would make this drink for an overweight friend, so.....the initial SKG drink was her mothers and I highly doubt that Bethenny paid her a dime for it. LOL

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

This is from his company site...

"We can also expertly clean, restore, and protect your textiles and furnishings to ensure that your belongings are well cared for and your home is kept free of dust and pests.

. Our unique moth damage control services will eliminate your moth problem once and for all. "

Seems like John makes promises he can't keep

John and his crew have no control over whether or not you continue to bring in moths with you post treatment.  Her house was new inside so the moths had to have come from her clothing she moved in.  If she brings something back from the Hamptons with moths the cycle starts all over.  It appeared John had set up moth traps in the closet and continued to trap them. 

I hate to say it has an animal lover but having three dogs is probably adding to the problem. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

John and his crew have no control over whether or not you continue to bring in moths with you post treatment.  Her house was new inside so the moths had to have come from her clothing she moved in.  If she brings something back from the Hamptons with moths the cycle starts all over.  It appeared John had set up moth traps in the closet and continued to trap them. 

I hate to say it has an animal lover but having three dogs is probably adding to the problem. 

OH my goodness.

A while back there was a convo about shoes on the site - people asking guests to remove them upon entry to a home? 

About a week later, I was flipping thru the channels and came across a Dr Oz program about the same topic.

He took cultures shoe soles and bare feet and the results were pretty crazy (yes, I know he is a TV doc and not to believe everything I see).

He found that there were 3,000 kinds different bacteria on the sole of a show and WAY less on the bare foot, I don't remember the exact number but it was way less.

---

I worked in an operating room and even with the blowers and bug zappers, there was always one bug that somehow made it's way into the area,

Oh, if you want to really gross out? Talk to anyone that has worked in the ER about the all the stuff that they have had to clean off of a patient that has come into their 'sterile'

work space?

• Love 3

He needs to re-word his ad... . "Our unique moth damage control services will eliminate your moth problem once and for all. " 

Bethenny should be upset paying $10,000 for something that doesn't actually work. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

DB0zLN6U0AA0aDj.jpg

Great example of a good photo. Beffy looks good in that pic.

But if you know the particulars (personas) of both the people on the couch?

It turns into one of those "What color is this dress?" kinda photos.

But, the question might be, "How many assholes are on the couch?" instead.....

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

He needs to re-word his ad... . "Our unique moth damage control services will eliminate your moth problem once and for all. " 

Bethenny should be upset paying $10,000 for something that doesn't actually work. 

Who is a larger idiot?

John or beffy?

It's NOT the guy that sprayed, put mothballs in the wall and hung a trap inside a closet and made 10k.

Judge Judy would have a field day with a case like that.

Its like being the owner of a tire shop and having someone walk in and complain that they new set of tires went flat after they went driving thru a parking lot filled with broken glass.

People are stupid, that way.

• Love 5
Just now, ElDosEquis said:

Who is a larger idiot?

John or beffy?

It's NOT the guy that sprayed, put mothballs in the wall and hung a trap inside a closet and made 10k.

Its like being the owner of a tire shop and having someone walk in and complain that they new set of tires went flat after they went driving thru a parking lot filled with broken glass.

Don't think a tire shop would advertise "eliminate flat tires once and for all"

• Love 2

A

11 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Don't think a tire shop would advertise "eliminate flat tires once and for all"

So, what does that "We fix flats' sign doing in the window?

Seems as if they are working on getting rid of flats, once and for all?

It makes good business sense to bullshit a little.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Who is a larger idiot?

John or beffy?

John should have pulled a Ramona and after Bethenny sought out his expertise, turned him down.  As in Ramona wanting an invitation to the wedding so she could turn Luann and Tom down.

He should have been smart enough to know after her tirade about him going after her business last year this would not end well.  Oh well live and learn John.

• Love 3

But, the question might be, "How many assholes are on the couch?" instead.....

Technically, two, since all human beings have asshole. What, we do...

John and his crew have no control over whether or not you continue to bring in moths with you post treatment

Advertising "Once and for all" isn't the best tactic either way...especially when the opposite seems to be true.

So, what does that "We fix flats' sign doing in the window?

I assume they aren't advertising to fix flats FOREVER!!!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

John should have pulled a Ramona and after Bethenny sought out his expertise, turned him down.  As in Ramona wanting an invitation to the wedding so she could turn Luann and Tom down.

He should have been smart enough to know after her tirade about him going after her business last year this would not end well.  Oh well live and learn John.

John lived and he learned that someone was STUPID enough to plunk down 10k to get rid of her moths?

I wonder what she'd pay to have someone get rid of the bats in her belfry?

5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Technically, two, since all human beings have asshole. What, we do...

Advertising "Once and for all" isn't the best tactic either way...especially when the opposite seems to be true.

I assume they aren't advertising to fix flats FOREVER!!!

Well,

I see four assholes on the couch. Told you it was a trick photo.

No, they only fix flats during the working hours. Forever means overtime for the crew.

• Love 3

I see four assholes on the couch. Told you it was a trick photo.

Two other people were cropped out of the picture? Trick photo indeed.

No, they only fix flats during the working hours. Forever means overtime for the crew.

Well, that would be worth if it meant a tire never went flat again.

• Love 2

No, Two assholes with two assholes.

I am not good at math. I think it adds up to four.

--------------------

A flat tire is a deflating experience. When it happens to you, visit your neighborhood XXXXXXXX location for a FREE repair. Repairable punctures are:

1/8 inch or less

In the center tread

Not on the shoulder or belt edge

Our repair system seals both the hole in the tread and the inner liner. This prevents the steel belting from rusting and causing a weak spot.

---------------------

My flats are all fixed for free!

Forever.

• Love 3

John should never had agreed to work with the witch. No good could come of it. 

Moths are ubiquitous in New York City in the Summer. We are extremely careful and vigilant and we still have them getting in somehow.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny told Luann the story of how Bernadette would make this drink for an overweight friend, so.....the initial SKG drink was her mothers and I highly doubt that Bethenny paid her a dime for it. LOL

And the overweight friend was Bethenny's godmother, Eleanor Mogavero - how shitty is that? Ripping off your mother over the drink she invented for your overweight godmother --so nasty. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, film noire said:

And the overweight friend was Bethenny's godmother, Eleanor Mogavero - how shitty is that? Ripping off your mother over the drink she invented for your overweight godmother --so nasty. 

You cannot copyright recipes. By the time Bethenny went to manufacture it as a premixed cocktail, the recipe had already been posted to her website for a long time. If LuAnn had manufactured it first, it was fair fucking game.

Bernadette and Eleanor had decades to do something with that recipe and they didn't. Bethenny didn't have a good relationship with Bernadette. I don't know what her relationship with Eleanor was like. Hell, if Eleanor took the recipe to Seagrams and had begun to manufacture and market it 20 years, legally she could.

I am quite sure there were attorneys telling Bethenny not to offer either of them anything even if she was so inclined because she might be creating a future ownership interest for Bernadette and Eleanor. Even something like a thanks to either of them might be financially dangerous.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You cannot copyright recipes. By the time Bethenny went to manufacture it as a premixed cocktail, the recipe had already been posted to her website for a long time. If LuAnn had manufactured it first, it was fair fucking game.

Bernadette and Eleanor had decades to do something with that recipe and they didn't. Bethenny didn't have a good relationship with Bernadette. I don't know what her relationship with Eleanor was like. Hell, if Eleanor took the recipe to Seagrams and had begun to manufacture and market it 20 years, legally she could.

I am quite sure there were attorneys telling Bethenny not to offer either of them anything even if she was so inclined because she might be creating a future ownership interest for Bernadette and Eleanor. Even something like a thanks to either of them might be financially dangerous.

Thank you.  I was hoping someone would bring up not copyrighting recipes..  The biggest difference was Bethenny's recipe didn't have a sweet margarita mix in it served in a giant glass.  She trimmed the calories by making a classic margarita with a little less Triple Sec..   

I don't think Bethenny's claim to Skinnygril Margarita was ever over the recipe-as the bottled swill is different.  It didn't dawn on me until Bethenny did a talking head saying Luann didn't have anything to do with it as she was just rattling off ingredients.  Bethenny and Skinnygirl is the big picture the bottled ready to drink.  It worked.  When Bravo ran the scenes with Luann calling it a Skinnygirl Margarita it seemed as if Luann was in on it and not credited.  That wasn't Bethenny's beef-it was Luann had nothing to do with the idea of bottling it.  Bethenny did the same old marketing thing-bartenders all over NY are being deluged with requests for Skinnygirl margaritas.  The same as when she wanted the bottled concoction to take off-it is flying off the shelves-can't keep up with the demand.  Her marketing worked. 

I do think Bethenny could have explained to Luann why the Skinnygirl Margarita she ordered was different (Bethenny actually called it something else-a skinny girl's margarita-maybe??).  Luann was being good to her filming with her and ordering her drink.  That was promoting Bethenny's idea.

I agree not a good idea to start thanking people or crediting them for an idea.

• Love 7

I had a problem with moths that look similar to what Bethenny showed. Oddly, they aren't closet-type moths, unless they are nesting there. They typically are in kitchens and come in with a product (perhaps tucked in the cardboard of a box or something). They are godawful to try to get rid of. If she really spent $10K to have her closet protected against moths, she should ask for a refund or at least a follow-up for specific treatment of these moths, both in her closet and her kitchen. They are evil little fuckers that get into everything . . . https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/indian_meal_moth.htm

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

http://www.eonline.com/news/860643/meet-bethenny-frankel-s-new-man-5-things-to-know-about-russ-theriot

If this is true then Russ TheRiot better run quick, on account of number 5.

I don't think this will last! LOL First, he is on SM, a LOT, because he is also a model, and she claims she doesn't want a guy that is active on SM. Second, he is very close to his family and his mother is a "mommabear"! LOL

• Love 1

If she really spent $10K to have her closet protected against moths, she should ask for a refund or at least a follow-up for specific treatment of these moths, both in her closet and her kitchen

Or find someone who can deliver on what they promise.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think this will last! LOL First, he is on SM, a LOT, because he is also a model, and she claims she doesn't want a guy that is active on SM. Second, he is very close to his family and his mother is a "mommabear"! LOL

Exactly. That's what I meant by number 5. LOL! A recipe for contention.  This seems like a publicity grab for both of them. 

• Love 4