Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

My understanding has always been that his attorney did secure financial security for Jason in the prenup. He just wanted much more later than he agreed to in the beginning. Something like $2000 a month for dry cleaning, and to be afforded the same types of luxury vacations when divorced that he enjoyed while married to Beth (and paid for by Beth). And it's not like he was a high paying model or something who left his career in the prime of his life/career to help her out and threw away any opportunities to ever work in his chosen career again. He was a pharmaceutical sales rep in his 30's. He could have easily replaced that job and his salary. Bottom line is he spent hears and no doubt countless thousands of dollars fighting for things he didn't deserve and was not contractually obligated to have. And in a court of law he lost, even after spending all of that money on lawyers. So now he is going to find another way to make her pay. Emotionally since he cannot any longer do it financially. 

None of know what was in their pre-nup or what Jason asked for in the divorce because none of that was made public.

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

None of know what was in their pre-nup or what Jason asked for in the divorce because none of that was made public.

No, but we know he wanted more than was in the prenup that he had signed, that he spent a lot of money on legal bills, and that he didn't get all that he wanted. Because a judge didn't think he deserved it. And we know he could go out and get a job making what he was making before. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

Jason was a huge part of Bethenny's brand taking off

Was he really? I remember her brand taking off based on her, not on her and him.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Was he really? I remember her brand taking off based on her, not on her and him.

To warn you .... my memory is .... what was I going to say?  :D :D :D

I seem to remember that (at least on the show) Jason was involved in the start-up and the sale.  What was real and what wasn't?  I don't know.

The one person I'd love to hear talk about all this is Bethenny's then assistant, Julie.  For some reason, I have always felt that Julie was instrumental in everything Bethenny. 

• Love 7

I believe that B had already secured the spin off prior to Jason showing up in the picture.  The focus of it changed because of him, obviously (wasn't it originally supposed to be more about her being single and dating?), but that was already in the works.  She had also already created the Skinny Girl Margarita, which is what lead to the brand, though the Beam deal is what proved to be super lucrative.  I don't know the timing on that deal and am too lazy to look it up, but the point is that it was her intellectual property that was sold and without that, Beam never would have been in the picture.  He wasn't sitting around in the apartment with her trying out different versions of the drink that ultimately became the SG Margarita.  Her first book also came out a year prior to their marriage.  

All of the groundwork for her brand/empire were either built or in the works before Jason was in the picture.  The only thing that changed was the focus of the spin off.  I'm not really sure that I see how he contributed to her exponential growth.  

• Love 10

I seem to remember that (at least on the show) Jason was involved in the start-up and the sale.  What was real and what wasn't?  I don't know.

No she was in manufacturing in Canada by the time she met Jason.   At one point he went with her to Canada when she was talking to her partner (the Canadian distiller) about getting more product on the shelves.  This was the partner that insisted that Bethenny and Jason sign a prenup that kept the company out of the marital assets. Then later she presented Jason with a SG apple laptop and asked him to join the company.  He said no. 

And it might be that his lawyer was incompetent but he couldn't prove he had anything to do with the company during the divorce.  So the prenup stood.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/1/2017 at 9:17 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I think Jason was way too trusting. Clearly there were red flags that Bethenny was troubled when he met her. I think he really loved her, and wanted a life together. Money can really change people, and their marriage problems escalated at roughly the same rate as Bethenny's bank account. Jason was a huge part of Bethenny's brand taking off, and it is a shame his attorney didn't secure monetary compensation for him in their prenup. The man quit his job to work at her company at her urging. Yes, it was her company, but, their tv show, and even public airing of grievances was instrumental in her brand taking off. 

On 6/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, BBHN said:

I think there are different parts of her brand. The Skinnygirl brand (drinks and other products) is something that was neither marketed or sold because of Bethenny's image as a wife and mother. 

Most of the marketing centered around girlfriends going out and having fun. In fact, Bethenny's presence was reduced to just a signature.

She and Kanbar launched the brand in 2009. She married Jason in March 2010. She sold the brand to Beam Suntory in March 2011. While there was a plot point about Jason helping Bethenny deal with manufacturing issues in season 2, in all likelihood she and Kanbar had already started to talk to Beam Suntory in 2010. The market research, review of the Skinnygirl financials, and contract negotiations would have taken many many months. From the piece below, it seems that Bethenny and Kanbar were negotiating for 6 months before they signed the deal. Who knows how long before the beginning of negotiations that Beam Suntory was looking at Skinnygirl.

http://www.today.com/popculture/how-bethenny-frankel-used-reality-tv-earn-120-million-wbna42708868

In 2011, Skinnygirl added Canada to their distribution. I'm sure there were some manufacturing concerns as they added new markets, which probably put Skinnygirl on Beam Suntory's radar if Bethenny and Kanbar had to make changes to find a manufacturer who could accommodate the future Skinnygirl growth. I would imagine that when Jason was "helping with manufacturing issues" that the deal with Beam Suntory was more done than not and that plot was a stand-in to communicate the distribution growth of the brand. Just based on how long it can take to actually acquire another company means that Jason probably didn't really help with anything involved with Skinnygirl wine and spirits.

Additionally, Jason is seen "helping" well after Brynn was born and Bethenny was back to her prebaby weight. Brynn was born in May 2010. Bethenny works out like a demon so that she can do a photoshoot in a bathing suit in June. Bethenny and Kanbar start negotiations with Beam in September 2010. Basically it means that Jason could only reasonably be "helping" before Beam Suntory came on the scene, as even a possibility, from June 2010 to September 2010. Everything after that was likely bullshit just for the show.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/message-for-the-bottle-skinny-sells/article12278324/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&

For a very long time premixed and lower calorie wines and spirits had been so sleepy that it was almost comatose. The success and acquisition of Skinnygirl was the thing that woke up both of those markets. Though I'm surprised that Beam Suntory has been a little behind on getting on the individual serving and sparkling trends (both sparkling premixed and hard sparkling water). Those are completely on brand for Skinnygirl. Oh well, no one is paying me for my advice on booze sales.

However when it comes to Bethenny Ever After and the talk show, Bethenny Ever After certainly wouldn't exist without Jason and I suspect that she got the talk show because of how much more approachable she seemed on Bethenny Ever After.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No, but we know he wanted more than was in the prenup that he had signed, that he spent a lot of money on legal bills, and that he didn't get all that he wanted. Because a judge didn't think he deserved it. And we know he could go out and get a job making what he was making before. 

We don't know what the Judge believed or decided, we do not know the final outcome/payout for Jason was, it was kept private! LOL

47 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No she was in manufacturing in Canada by the time she met Jason.   At one point he went with her to Canada when she was talking to her partner (the Canadian distiller) about getting more product on the shelves.  This was the partner that insisted that Bethenny and Jason sign a prenup that kept the company out of the marital assets. Then later she presented Jason with a SG apple laptop and asked him to join the company.  He said no. 

And it might be that his lawyer was incompetent but he couldn't prove he had anything to do with the company during the divorce.  So the prenup stood.

Jason did quit his job and work for Bethenny. He said no numerous times and she whined and berated him each time he did, he eventually gave in and quit. I also think this is when/why she lost all respect/love for him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, smores said:

I believe that B had already secured the spin off prior to Jason showing up in the picture.  The focus of it changed because of him, obviously (wasn't it originally supposed to be more about her being single and dating?), but that was already in the works.  She had also already created the Skinny Girl Margarita, which is what lead to the brand, though the Beam deal is what proved to be super lucrative.  I don't know the timing on that deal and am too lazy to look it up, but the point is that it was her intellectual property that was sold and without that, Beam never would have been in the picture.  He wasn't sitting around in the apartment with her trying out different versions of the drink that ultimately became the SG Margarita.  Her first book also came out a year prior to their marriage.  

All of the groundwork for her brand/empire were either built or in the works before Jason was in the picture.  The only thing that changed was the focus of the spin off.  I'm not really sure that I see how he contributed to her exponential growth.  

Yes this is true.  She also already had Skinny Girl as you said.  She was very upfront with him that she would support whatever endeavor he wanted whether that was helping run the company or getting a job he liked but there was a lot of talk about his lack of personal satisfaction and her wanting him to do something about it rather than be sullen.  

There were 3 moments where I thought man this guy is an asshole (not in any particular order).  One was when they were at the helicopter (on BEA I think) and she was saying she is tired of him showing one face for filming and another behind closed doors.  I cannot remember word for word but it showed him in a very bad light as passive aggressive.  Another was him wanting her to either have his parents come to NY or they go to their house on the weekend every weekend.  If she didn't want to go she didn't have to but that he would take the baby.  She was a new mom working very hard.  It isn't too hard to understand that maybe she wants a little time off WITH her new baby and husband without others.  The 3rd was her bday party that she SAID she didn't want but they did anyway.  She isn't one of those gals that says no don't but really wants you to go ahead.  It was what HE and his parents wanted without giving any thought to what she wanted.  I see B as speaking in hyperbole a lot of the time but I don't see her as ever pretending she is something she is not or outright lying.  

Of all the HW's on this show I can see hanging with B and Carole (as long as Carole shuts her piehole about chicken processing).  I could even see going out for drinks with Lu even though she isn't my favorite and I have dogged on her a lot.  She has a certain go with the flow personality that is beneficial in a group of people.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Jason did quit his job and work for Bethenny. He said no numerous times and she whined and berated him each time he did, he eventually gave in and quit. I also think this is when/why she lost all respect/love for him.

His father said 'thank heavens he never quit to work for her'. But his dad could be lieing. I was at the beginnings of the divorce. And lets face it if his mother would attempt to bilk her out of the apartment then his father wouldn't have a problem with pretending that Jason was still with his original firm. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

His father said 'thank heavens he never quit to work for her'. But his dad could be lieing. I was at the beginnings of the divorce. And lets face it if his mother would attempt to bilk her out of the apartment then his father wouldn't have a problem with pretending that Jason was still with his original firm. 

First, they filmed Jason working for Bethenny/SKG and them talking about after he left his job. Second, it is possible that Jason never told his father about it. Third, Bethenny was well aware that Mrs Hoppy was a PA notary before she signed the Trust agreement. Fourth, no one tried to "bilk" Bethenny out of anything.

• Love 7

The apple doesn't seem to fall far from the tree, does it?

• Love 2

Well, well, well.

One thing for sure, Beth truly excels at playing the victim. That is her true talent. Last show was fuckingunbelievable, she could not even cry for real and musters some tears.

beth and Jason were two peas in a pod. LIke attracts like....

Poor Brynn. Doomed at birth. At least, her mama can afford a lifelong therapy plan for her.

Beth is a wannabe Woody Allen. (Got this one from the Alley so thanks) without the talent or the originality.

Too, too much. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Third, Bethenny was well aware that Mrs Hoppy was a PA notary before she signed the Trust agreement. Fourth, no one tried to "bilk" Bethenny out of anything.

well the court saw it as fraud. It's why she got the apartment.  And why she's suing the lawyer. Although most of us commenting assume Hoppy's mother will be dragged in.  I think if a document I had a lawyer draw up that was notarized by my mother is deemed a fraud  ... Logical conclusion is that I'm in on the fraud.

They filmed Joppy saying no. She made a big deal out of the laptop presentation. I watched and never saw him working. I did hear him complain about her business being in the apartment. 

So we just disagree. 

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

We don't know what the Judge believed or decided, we do not know the final outcome/payout for Jason was, it was kept private! LOL

Are you saying that Jason got everything that he fought years for? Didn't he have to leave the apartment? Did he want to do that? I thought he was fighting to stay in it. Did a judge decide that or did he just pack up his stuff and go? Wasn't it public that he didn't get the monthly support he had originally been getting, something like $12K a month (no small change for a guy who use to sell pharmaceuticals). Did he decide he just didn't want the money, or did a judge say that she didn't have to pay it? That is all I am saying. He wanted more than he got. And some of those decisions were made by a judge. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Are you saying that Jason got everything that he fought years for? Didn't he have to leave the apartment? Did he want to do that? I thought he was fighting to stay in it. Did a judge decide that or did he just pack up his stuff and go? Wasn't it public that he didn't get the monthly support he had originally been getting, something like $12K a month (no small change for a guy who use to sell pharmaceuticals). Did he decide he just didn't want the money, or did a judge say that she didn't have to pay it? That is all I am saying. He wanted more than he got. And some of those decisions were made by a judge. 

First of all, legal records have been sealed. 

So nobody besides the interested parties know what is exactly what.

was it established that he quit his job?

Karma is the biggest bitch as Brynn looks exactly like Jason/Mrs Hoppy...

• Love 5

Wasn't it public that he didn't get the monthly support he had originally been getting, something like $12K a month (no small change for a guy who use to sell pharmaceuticals). Did he decide he just didn't want the money, or did a judge say that she didn't have to pay it?

It went a 4 judge appeals court. The vote was 3 to 1 that the pre nup stood and Hoppy was not entitled to $11,582. They also ruled the signature irregularities made the trust a fraud. Now B still had to then prove ownership of the TriBeCa. It was assumed she won since she was telling folks on places like WWHL that Jason would be moving in June.   I know people talk about things being sealed but not everything was.  Some was public. 

I don't know the rules in NY but locally IF she was deemed sole owner and IF she proved he made her tenancy in the dwelling untenable then he would owe for rent for the period he lived there exclusively that is why I think the $700K second mortgage was to pay B for the back alimony and rent on the apartment. It also explains her living in hotels, testifying about the shenanigans in the unit, the questionable treatment of her dog etc. He set himself up and is mad as hell. 

The last bit is my guess. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

It went a 4 judge appeals court. The vote was 3 to 1 that the pre nup stood and Hoppy was not entitled to $11,582. They also ruled the signature irregularities made the trust a fraud. Now B still had to then prove ownership of the TriBeCa. It was assumed she won since she was telling folks on places like WWHL that Jason would be moving in June.   I know people talk about things being sealed but not everything was.  Some was public. 

I don't know the rules in NY but locally IF she was deemed sole owner and IF she proved he made her tenancy in the dwelling untenable then he would owe for rent for the period he lived there exclusively that is why I think the $700K second mortgage was to pay B for the back alimony and rent on the apartment. It also explains her living in hotels, testifying about the shenanigans in the unit, the questionable treatment of her dog etc. He set himself up and is mad as hell. 

The last bit is my guess. 

I don't understand the legal aspects of much of this part of the shitshow but who took out a second $700k mortgage?  Jason? 

Did she have to be in the state of having "no permanent domicile" for the apartment to be given back to her so she had a home for Brynn?    

Edited by crgirl412

Yes, if you google you'll find information that Jason took out a second mortgage for $705k on an apartment.  

I doubt that B had to have no permanent domicile during the court battles, but, my guess is that initially she thought it was a situation that could be worked out.  Then maybe it was something that she thought could be handled easily by the court, etc.  If that was the case, I wouldn't have rushed to find a new place to live either if I had friends who had homes I could borrow, or the means to stay in hotels for a while.  Then it just kept stretching on and on and eventually she did buy the apartment she is now trying to sell.  I would also imagine that perhaps she initially saw herself moving back in and living in the apartment that she fought for, but, over time, it just got so . . . tainted? that once it was settled, she just wanted to move on and put the chapter behind her.  I'm pretty sure that's how I would have felt at that point.  Onwards and upwards.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We don't know what the final results were, not all the facts were made public, even about the apartment or the alimony. I really do not think he got everything he wanted but we also know neither did Bethenny. I suspect that they both got some of what they asked for but neither got all they asked for. Bottom line is that we were not privy to what Jason asked for or what he was awarded, the same for Bethenny.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

He does seem pissed the gravy train is leaving the station without him.

• Love 3

They are both bitter as fuck.

the only difference is that Jason is not crying to everyone who would listen, about his exaggerated woe is me, either by his own volition or gag order.

the other one, omfg shut the fuck up lady!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

the only difference is that Jason is not crying to everyone who would listen, about his exaggerated woe is me, either by his own volition or gag order.

JMO, but I think that Jason gets off on the narrative that he doesn't talk to the press about their situation the way that Beth has. It is all over this forum, and talked about often over on Vulture. No way he or his family aren't aware that he gets tons of gushing praise from some about the fact he has supposedly taken the "high road" in these matters. But there are all kinds of things out there about Beth that come from "sources" or his legal folks. Does anyone believe that any of these "sources" are not folks from Jason's camp? Just because there are no direct quotes from Jason doesn't mean that he hasn't trashed Beth in the media on many occasions. 

In the article below, they talk of him exploring legal options after she went on WWHL when she was first coming back to this show because he didn't like her talking about the divorce. There were lots of articles about this at the time. And the timing of his little breakdown with the emails is interesting. He started it right about the time they began filming. Since he is aware that she will talk to a certain extent about their situation, seems strange to think that he didn't think she might mention the fact that things were bad. I think he loves it and this is the way he can exhibit control over her. Do things that she will react to publicly, while he just sits back and plays innocent. He knows that she is disliked by many and he loves to find ways to make her look crazy. He knows just the things to do and to say that will make her nuts and he loves doing it. If the huge quantities of emails he was sending her really had anything to do with him trying to communicate about legitimate concerns regarding their daughter and she was reallly just ignoring him, why not do to the judge? If she wasn't living up to her side of the custody bargain and he was so concerned about their daughter, why not take it to a higher authority? Nope, instead he does this. The man is crazy like a fox. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-exploring-legal-options-after-bethenny-frankel-interview-2015243

• Love 4

In the article below, they talk of him exploring legal options after she went on WWHL when she was first coming back to this show because he didn't like her talking about the divorce. There were lots of articles about this at the time. And the timing of his little breakdown with the emails is interesting. He started it right about the time they began filming. Since he is aware that she will talk to a certain extent about their situation, seems strange to think that he didn't think she might mention the fact that things were bad. I think he loves it and this is the way he can exhibit control over her. Do things that she will react to publicly, while he just sits back and plays innocent. He knows that she is disliked by many and he loves to find ways to make her look crazy. He knows just the things to do and to say that will make her nuts and he loves doing it. If the huge quantities of emails he was sending her really had anything to do with him trying to communicate about legitimate concerns regarding their daughter and she was reallly just ignoring him, why not do to the judge? If she wasn't living up to her side of the custody bargain and he was so concerned about their daughter, why not take it to a higher authority? Nope, instead he does this. The man is crazy like a fox. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-exploring-legal-options-after-bethenny-frankel-interview-2015243

And as shady as he is crazy...

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:26 AM, Lemons said:

Mercer street is claustrophobic and traffic is awful. Tons of tourists. I would pick a better area. 

In addition to the problematic tiny bedroom/basement-y window, it looks like the master bedroom is accessed from that long hallway - just feet from the front door.  Not optimal in a 5 million dollar apartment.

frankelfloorplan.jpg

And having to walk through the, albeit, gorgeous closet to get to the master bath would be a deal breaker to me if I'm spending upwards of 5m.  I'm anxious to see what it sells for. 

• Love 5

And having to walk through the, albeit, gorgeous closet to get to the master bath would be a deal breaker to me if I'm spending upwards of 5m.  I'm anxious to see what it sells for. 

She actually extended the closet from this layout.  But I totally agree.  I don't like the bath/closet combo set up on any level.  I don't think she ever saw this as a long term solution.  She literally bought a new apartment within a month after selling her Tribeca place.  I know from following her on snap that Mercer is a circus.  She routinely ends up dragging luggage down the street when it is closed for some movie shoot.  Just yesterday she posted film of the sneaker line/sneaker fight at the local.  And the day Kylie did a pop up it was insane. 

• Love 1

I sometimes look at homes on sites like zillow.com (don't judge me!) and you'd be surprised how many homes in that price range in NYC have similar flaws. Especially having to go through the closet to get to the bathroom...

I sometimes look at homes on sites like zillow.com (don't judge me!) and you'd be surprised how many homes in that price range in NYC have similar flaws. Especially having to go through the closet to get to the bathroom...

I would forgive that in a place like NYC.  All of these units are made from scraps of buildings here and there.  When it really bugs is in a new built in Kansas with 2 acres of land.

• Love 4

I would forgive that in a place like NYC.  All of these units are made from scraps of buildings here and there

Oh, if you look at enough floorplans, you definitely get that feeling. I guess that is part and parcel of having an apartment in NYC.

9 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I am wondering if that is because he doesn't have the same platform?  The show is about these peoples lives so it doesn't bother me that she is off the rails due to circumstances. This IS her life and I have been surprised that more nuggets have not come flying out of her mouth.  If she didn't speak about what she is going through at all it wouldn't be authentic.  No one knows how they will handle a situation until they find themselves in it.  That said I am looking forward to the day Jason is a non issue and she can focus on other aspects of her life.  This probably isn't the case but it makes me wonder if he has any awareness of filming schedules and ramps up his dickish behavior just before to show her in a not good light?  This is the man who supposedly plays dirty by throwing her insecurities in her face when fighting (according to what he admitted to in BEA therapy cruise and the Bernadette thing).

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am wondering if that is because he doesn't have the same platform?  The show is about these peoples lives so it doesn't bother me that she is off the rails due to circumstances. This IS her life and I have been surprised that more nuggets have not come flying out of her mouth.  If she didn't speak about what she is going through at all it wouldn't be authentic.  No one knows how they will handle a situation until they find themselves in it.  That said I am looking forward to the day Jason is a non issue and she can focus on other aspects of her life.  This probably isn't the case but it makes me wonder if he has any awareness of filming schedules and ramps up his dickish behavior just before to show her in a not good light?  This is the man who supposedly plays dirty by throwing her insecurities in her face when fighting (according to what he admitted to in BEA therapy cruise and the Bernadette thing).

I think he's not going to the press because he's seen with Bernadette that when Bernadette talks to the press she comes off as exactly as Bethenny describes her. This is Bernadette's response to Bethenny calling Bernadette to talk to Brynn:

I don’t think she really reached out, her daughter asked about me,' she explained. 'She didn’t reach out; the daughter did.

Bernadette is so hateful that she doesn't even see that Bethenny didn't have to honor Brynn's request and that's some measure of Bethenny reaching out. 

I think Jason has wisely figured out that responding to her in the press only has the possibility of making him look worse. For example, what if Jason had been busy talking to the press every time Bethenny refused to answer one of his 160 emails? We would have thought he was a fucking loon. As it stands now, many people think that Bethenny is being manipulative and exaggerating, but question why he needed to cc Dennis and Bethenny's staff. Most people find that this probably didn't need to be a criminal matter. He managed to get most of the public on his side without uttering a single word to any journalist. He would have looked petty and vindictive if he opened his mouth every time she did something he didn't like. That said, he needs to talk or listen to his lawyer more and absolutely see a therapist. When he got the cease and desist, he should have stopped this shit. And if she still refused to respond to her, everything needed to go through their lawyers.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
On 6/1/2017 at 1:25 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

My understanding has always been that his attorney did secure financial security for Jason in the prenup. He just wanted much more later than he agreed to in the beginning. Something like $2000 a month for dry cleaning,

Wow! John is expensive.  Maybe Jason should shop around for dry cleaners? 

But then, if that means that Dorinda has to make do with less Christmas decorations, please, Jason, carry on with the dry cleaning expenses.

• Love 2

The problem with Beth's apartment is that is long as fu** but the only decent windows are at street side. So you lose a good a bit of square footage (I would guess 300sf) to that 55' long hallway. And all the rooms are large but there are not that many. To me the oddest window quirk isn't the basement style clerestories- its that the main windows for Beth and Brynn face one another across that narrow light shaft. So if you throw the blinds open you stare at one another. With so much new construction and gut remodels occurring I imagine those issues can be avoided in other apartments in that price range.

One thing I wonder about Beth's impending flipping ventures is if her tastes are too specific. She seems to love large spaces but not care about light. Her former dream home turned torture dungeon always struck me as huge for NYC but lacking light in the main living area and what I think was an interior study. And she loves white and  oddly 80s meet 50s columns and accessories. And white- she loves white... with a splash of red.

• Love 5

She'll be working with Frederic, though, right?  It will be interesting to see the two of them play off of each other.  He has had some choices in design that I thought were a bit weird (if you watch MDL, there was a building that Ryan took over and I happened to prefer the changes that Ryan made over Frederic's), so it will be interesting to see how they temper each other.  

• Love 1

She'll be working with Frederic, though, right?  It will be interesting to see the two of them play off of each other.

She talked about this in interviews.  She said that Fredrick is all about the marble here and the marble there.  Once he saw the price tag it was a real eye opener.  She said that what they need to go for is a nice clean slate and a good layout.  She noted that Fredrick taught her how important staging was.  So I'm hoping this leads to some fun and a good product.  I just love me some NYC real estate porn.

• Love 4

I was watching re-runs on Bravo yesterday and it struck me how much Bethenny's changed since her first 3 seasons of the show, before she made millions w/the Skinnygirl thing. I think she let the money change her. Or something else changed her, who knows. All I know is she was likable before, at least to me, as a viewer, I found her likable before. But ever since she got back on the show, I can't stand her. She seems so cold and bitchy and just doesn't seem to give a fuck about any of the ladies at all. Before, yeah, she could be bitchy, but you always got the sense that she cared about her relationship with all these girls and was invested in them/the drama/whatever. Now, it just seems like she uses the show to make money and literally shows up, creates drama by screaming at someone for no reason, then leaves. 

I don't know why any of these girls seem so desperate to be her friend, she seems so incredibly unlikable. Like, some people are assholes but theyre at least fun and charming, Bethenny's not even that, she seems like a giant downer whose always a split hair away from snapping and going off on someone for seemingly no reason. 

• Love 13
(edited)

So basically you're assuming she slept her way to the top, traditionally or non-traditionally. Even if there is no evidence that she did, one way or the other.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am not assuming anything. She herself said in the early season that she slept with guys for rent and bags and the like.

Beth can fool some people sometimes but not everyone all the time.

I don't run in the same circle that she does however as a long islander, people talk.lol.

She is the type of friend that is never there when she is needed. It is all about her and only her.

HI LIZZIE. And interns!

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 13

Except that neither came from the bottom. 

B was solidely UPPER MIDDLE CLASS with tons of connections.

Now she worked those connects and is a hard worker, imo but saying she comes from nothing is total bullshit.

• Love 15

I used to think B was funny. Still do sometimes - her explanation on why they weren't invited to Lu's wedding was hilarious. But she lost me years ago with her woe is me/I have no money shtick. I can't remember the exact scene, but it was years ago and B was crying/complaining to someone that she was so much poorer than all of her friends - she had to sleep on people's sofas when they vacationed in Vail because she couldn't afford her own room or place to stay. Not saying she doesn't have hustle or isn't a hard worker. But I do think she was lucky that she had access to the connections she did through her family and friends and was able to leverage them into a successful business. It was very smart of her to do that and I give her a lot of credit for it. I think much of her 'I didn't know how I was going to pay rent', comes from a place of trying to keep up with her wealthy friends and have they things they had (birkin bags, nice clothes, vacations, etc.). She didn't need to live on the upper eastside.

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, QuinnM said:

well the court saw it as fraud. It's why she got the apartment.  And why she's suing the lawyer. Although most of us commenting assume Hoppy's mother will be dragged in.  I think if a document I had a lawyer draw up that was notarized by my mother is deemed a fraud  ... Logical conclusion is that I'm in on the fraud.

They filmed Joppy saying no. She made a big deal out of the laptop presentation. I watched and never saw him working. I did hear him complain about her business being in the apartment. 

So we just disagree. 

The document was held invalid due a technical glitch, the Court did not find it was fraudulent.  You don't need fraud to invalidate a document.

My hazy memory is that B had certainly come up with the Skinnygirl idea and the original drink before meeting Jason; but she wasn't making money off it.  The money and real marketing came from Jim Beam, and she was married to or with Jason at that time.  IIRC, he was arguing that the Skinnygirl money shouldn't be part of the pre-nup because of his involvement in getting the Jim Beam deal.  Whether he was really instrumental, or helpful, I don't know.  He wasn't just trying to invalidate a document he voluntarily signed (B - looking at you and the home), but felt the Skinnygirl deal should be held outside of it. 

Someone above mentioned her inheritance from her father.  Regardless of the marriage/pre-nup/whatever, that'd be her non-marital property (unless she somehow co-mingled it with family money).

• Love 5