Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I *have* to know if those are jockey silks framed behind her.

Well, you go to her website, find the what I wore section and post the question.  They say they answer all questions.  Or ask her on twitter or something.  She did spend the first years at Belmont.  The Derby jockey winner is a childhood friend.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Well, you go to her website, find the what I wore section and post the question.  They say they answer all questions.  Or ask her on twitter or something.  She did spend the first years at Belmont.  The Derby jockey winner is a childhood friend.

Interesting she said that. Source ? John Velasquez didn't move here until 1990. He is from Puerto Rico. Not disputing she said it, just wondered where. 

Good suggestion on asking on her website ! Thx! 

35 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

nteresting she said that. Source ? John Velasquez didn't move here until 1990. He is from Puerto Rico. Not disputing

She tweeted it.  Or something like it. I had a Derby party and there was bourbon. 

8 hours ago, robroy said:

I never noticed- but is that a Warholesque p[portrait of the first six housewives over her left shoulder?

She's had that for years and it's been shown on the show many times.

I'm not sure it's all the original hw...I think one of the portraits is Kelly Bensimon. 

1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

OMG I hope so!

On 5/24/2017 at 10:53 PM, Petunia13 said:

I'm not sure it's all the original hw...I think one of the portraits is Kelly Bensimon. 

True. I remember being surprised the first time I saw it because Kelly was included. I guess they needed 6 HW's instead of just the original 5 to make it work. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She tweeted it.  Or something like it. I had a Derby party and there was bourbon. 

Bourbon! Yayesss! 

Bethenny Frankel is a lying liar who lies. Who manipulates to serve whatever story arc she needs to get what she wants. So, Bethenny did tweet that. I went back and looked. She said she played with jockey Jose Velasquez "as babies" and was fondly reminiscing on her racetrack days. Ya those days that she wails about.

I call Bullshit. 

Jose Velasquez was born in Puerto Rico and never came to the mainland US until the year 1990. Bethenny was 20 in 1990.  He was 19. 

He did not speak English in 1990 and he later learned it here. His parents had never been to a racetrack. Source: http://heavy.com/sports/2017/05/john-velazquez-wife-leona-obrien-jockey-kentucky-derby-married-who-is-to/

So for Bethennys story to be true, she needed to be in PR, 1970 ish  as a baby, playing with Jose Velasquez as a baby, born to a family who didn't speak English and who did not have a whit to do with horses or horse racing. Does that sound plausible?

Or did Bethenny as a baby play with peers on the track who grew up to be jockeys? Yes, Probable. Does she know Jose Velasquez via her dad? Yes, probably as an adult. She just crafted the arc to her fans on Derby Day 2017. 

Liar. She drives me crazy..... She never lets the facts get in the way of her storyline. This is why I never believe her. Lost at sea. Homeless. No parents. Horrific divorce. On and on and on. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 14

Or did Bethenny as a baby play with peers on the track who grew up to be jockeys? Yes, Probable. Does she know Jose Velasquez via her dad? Yes, probably as an adult. She just crafted the arc to her fans on Derby Day 2017. 

This might be generational or something, but the term babies is not about being under the age of 2 or something.  I have a couple of years on B and it is common for I and my friends to look at high school photos and squeal, 'We're just babies!'.  I never for a minute believed that she was discussing a baby playing with a baby.  The truth or lie of the statement would be whether he came to the US and was racing on the west coast.  After high school B was in LA, in touch with her dad, being a nanny for the Hiltons etc.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I 100% interpret that as playing as children.  "playing with" ...  "babies" puts that statement

Are you a boy?  Cuz this might be a girl thing. I hear it and say it all the time. My sister will be whispering in the phone because the babies are sleeping. I'm like, they're 20 years old!

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Are you a boy?  Cuz this might be a girl thing. I hear it and say it all the time. My sister will be whispering in the phone because the babies are sleeping. I'm like, they're 20 years old!

I refer to anything aged 25 on down as being a baby.  Not sure if that is what she is doing but she's not the first and won't be the last.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Referring to your children as "babies" no matter their age is rather normal IMO, I still do with my 33 year old son who has his own 5 year old "baby". That said, Bethenny wasn't referring to Bryn, she was talking about herself and a grown man she had/has no familial relationship with, which makes it an odd comment. Bethenny likes to exaggerate, so much so that her exaggerations turn into lies.

• Love 5

I don't think referring to yourself and an old friend as "babies" is weird either. I've looked at pics of me and friends from school and said, "Look at us! We were just babies!" - even if we weren't technically. 

• Love 7

I just do not even remotely get that.  She didnt say they looked like babies. She said PLAYING ????? As babies. Referring to an adult ? What were they playing? Those racetrack days were such fine nostalgic warm fun romps for her. Only when it suits her! Prob on the day she scored her dad's estate it became fond. 

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bourbon! Yayesss! 

Bethenny Frankel is a lying liar who lies. Who manipulates to serve whatever story arc she needs to get what she wants. So, Bethenny did tweet that. I went back and looked. She said she played with jockey Jose Velasquez "as babies" and was fondly reminiscing on her racetrack days. Ya those days that she wails about.

I call Bullshit. 

Jose Velasquez was born in Puerto Rico and never came to the mainland US until the year 1990. Bethenny was 20 in 1990.  He was 19. 

He did not speak English in 1990 and he later learned it here. His parents had never been to a racetrack. Source: http://heavy.com/sports/2017/05/john-velazquez-wife-leona-obrien-jockey-kentucky-derby-married-who-is-to/

So for Bethennys story to be true, she needed to be in PR, 1970 ish  as a baby, playing with Jose Velasquez as a baby, born to a family who didn't speak English and who did not have a whit to do with horses or horse racing. Does that sound plausible?

Liar. She drives me crazy..... She never lets the facts get in the way of her storyline. This is why I never believe her. Lost at sea. Homeless. No parents. Horrific divorce. On and on and on. 

Wow, talk about bitch eating crackers. Why would she make up something like this? She knows fucking everyone, so it's hardly impressive that she knows this dude that the vast majority of people have never even heard of (I never had until this post). And people refer to their younger selves as babies all the time. One of my friends just posted our HS graduation picture on FB and said "we were such sweet innocent babies back then". I guess I should comment back that she is a big fat liar because clearly we were not babies but young adults. Hardly any kind of a smoking gun to prove Beth is a liar. If she is going to lie, why not lie about something that a person cannot easily call her out on (like this John dude or his wife). A quick Wikipedia search shows that he was in PR as a baby. Geez. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

Why would she make that up?

Because she needed a rosy relevant Derby Day tweet and she never lets facts stand in the way. Lost at sea, homeless, bleeding to death, worst divorce in history, doesn't have parents. This isn't her first rodeo. 

Bitch was sitting there eating crackers from Season 1 for me, starting w/ her introduction when she said she didn't have parents and I knew for a fact the existence of her parents. Alex McCord knows her better than any of us on the board and she said on WWHL recently that Bethenny hasn't changed and that Bethenny is what she always was from the beginning. Proud to be in the Alex McCord camp of bitch over there eating crackers. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why would she make that up?

Because she needed a rosy relevant Derby Day tweet and she never lets facts stand in the way. Lost at sea, homeless, bleeding to death, worst divorce in history, doesn't have parents. This isn't her first rodeo. 

Bitch was sitting there eating crackers from Season 1 for me, starting w/ her introduction when she said she didn't have parents and I knew for a fact the existence of her parents. Alex McCord knows her better than any of us on the board and she said on WWHL recently that Bethenny hasn't changed and that Bethenny is what she always was from the beginning. Proud to be in the Alex McCord camp of bitch over there eating crackers. 

Yes, but stating hyperbole and exaggerating are very different from just making up that you just to hang out with someone that you never even met. 

• Love 4
On 4/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, I have no desire to watch Fredrik or Beth flip high end houses or apartments.  I've grown a bit tired of Fredrik and I have no desire to watch Beth put 'her' design skills to work on a flip.  I've never loved any of Beth's places, starting with the UES and downtown (the Tribeca apartment was OK but I wasn't wowed and her current place...meh. Her bedroom looks like it's in a basement with those windows and the rest of the place is just sterile to me).  Add to that the Hamptons house.  And I have no doubt that part of the contract is to work Skinnygirl in somewhere, whether it be behind the bar, in the kitchen or served at an open house.

If I had to choose a NY housewife to put a design touch on my house, it would be Lu.  I have a love/hate with her but I've always loved her homes, starting with the rented brownstone.  Perfectly decorated for what it was...traditional.  Then there was her first house in the Hamptons.  Yeah, I could live there.  And now there's her second home.  It has warmth but is cool at the same time.

On another note, I think some of these new Bravo shows are kind of desperate and trying too hard.  Shep is going city to city to find his dream girl?  Not interested.  Ryan's show could be a little interesting - at least it's more of an interesting concept.  The only thing that I would be happy about is if Beth gave up RHNY for her new show.  Well, it's not 'her' new show.  It's her and Fredrik.  At least Bravo has figured out that Bethenny Frankel can't carry a show on her own.  Big ouch.  But Beth also came back to RHNY which she said she never do.  Girl just needs a spotlight any way she can get it.

I wonder if that is why she hasn't been able to sell her place. Apparently the $5.25 price that Bethenny and Fredrik  both came up with isn't quite the magic number that they thought it was. It's been reduced to $4.995. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder if that is why she hasn't been able to sell her place. Apparently the $5.25 price that Bethenny and Fredrik  both came up with isn't quite the magic number that they thought it was. It's been reduced to $4.995. 

I wouldn't be surprised with those master bedroom windows that are so high and small that you feel like you're in a finished basement. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4545706/Bethenny-Frankel-slashes-price-SoHo-apartment.html

18 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I wouldn't be surprised with those master bedroom windows that are so high and small that you feel like you're in a finished basement. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4545706/Bethenny-Frankel-slashes-price-SoHo-apartment.html

The bulk of the bedroom windows are covered by window treatments. You can make them out silhouetted behind the panel - the windows reach almost to the top of the bed headboard.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

God I hate the marble in the bathroom.

30 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Completely agree. Hate it 

Which bathroom? Because I hate it in both. In the first bathroom, it's fighting with the wallpaper because the patterns are similar scale. In the second, it's just plain ugly.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Which bathroom? Because I hate it in both. In the first bathroom, it's fighting with the wallpaper because the patterns are similar scale. In the second, it's just plain ugly.

Hate them both. I don't really like much about her place, save for the floors and the entry way - which I love to death. The furnishings all look uncomfortable to me. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

We all called this one!

Break up

'If I do anything, I wanna do it well. If I date, I wanna do it really well. So, I can't be dating unless I'm ready to, like, go full monty.'

well, keep on truckin, Beth!

Look out Dennis Shields she'll be coming for you next! Her childhood abandonment issues always fall w/anger on those she "breaks up" with--- Jill, Luann, Jason, etc the hatred cometh. Watch what happens w/the court case.... Shields & B are not together and he was a witness of the stalking and harassment events that are going to court soon. Will he testify and plead her case? Or is he now walking in the other person's shoes..........

• Love 5

Or is he now walking in the other person's shoes..........

I'm sure we would have heard if he was stalking her, sending dozens of threatening emails a day etc.  But you're right in that he doesn't have as much to lose.  If Hoppy ends up with a conviction it will probably mean only supervised visits with Brynn.  Bethenny will have even more time.  Brynn will like that in the summer since she enjoys the riding lessons and pool parties with her friends in the Hamptons and time with the creepy grandparents in PA takes her away from that.

• Love 5

My theory is that Bethenny & Dennis are still together but publicly she is saying they are not. This is due to the harrassment/stalking case with Jason that was moved to the end of June.

I also believe the reason Jason went BSC on Bethenny is because he ended up with a lot less of a settlement than he wanted. I think the temporary spousal support she gave him for 4 years @$12000 a month was deducted from the settlement as money paid. He is also panicking about the possible criminal/civil charges that he and his mom may face for fraud.

• Love 5

I also believe the reason Jason went BSC on Bethenny is because he ended up with a lot less of a settlement than he wanted. I think the temporary spousal support she gave him for 4 years @$12000 a month was deducted from the settlement as money paid. He is also panicking about the possible criminal/civil charges that he and his mom may face for fraud.

I do wonder if the restraining order was what led her to jet off skiing with Brynn every weekend she had her.  Without the constant threats she just did what she could afford to do.  I do see in photos that show Brynn's hand/arm that Brynn is sporting a stack of gold baby sized bracelets just like her mothers.  And I know women that lived Hoppy's life after a divorce.  It's not easy and you have to really be an adult.  You can't afford the skiing in Aspen, the riding lessons at the fancy Hamptons stable and your ex can.

And it might have been that the apartment mortgage, utilities etc were paid by B.  Which means when it was declared hers alone he owed rent.  It means that his antics in making it unlivable meant he had to subsidize her life outside the apartment.  I mean think about it.  She didn't buy an apartment until after the court hearing about the things he and his creepy dad were doing.  That $700K that he got from his second mortgage might have been to pay her and his investors.  So that would add to the shit pile as well.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I do wonder if the restraining order was what led her to jet off skiing with Brynn every weekend she had her.  Without the constant threats she just did what she could afford to do.  I do see in photos that show Brynn's hand/arm that Brynn is sporting a stack of gold baby sized bracelets just like her mothers.  And I know women that lived Hoppy's life after a divorce.  It's not easy and you have to really be an adult.  You can't afford the skiing in Aspen, the riding lessons at the fancy Hamptons stable and your ex can.

And it might have been that the apartment mortgage, utilities etc were paid by B.  Which means when it was declared hers alone he owed rent.  It means that his antics in making it unlivable meant he had to subsidize her life outside the apartment.  I mean think about it.  She didn't buy an apartment until after the court hearing about the things he and his creepy dad were doing.  That $700K that he got from his second mortgage might have been to pay her and his investors.  So that would add to the shit pile as well.

What property is this? Is this an apartment or house he owned prior to getting married? Was he renting out that property while married to Bethenny? I sort of remember him in an apartment when he moved out of it to move over to Bethenny's old place - is this the property, cause I thought he was renting.

If Jason/Carole Hoppy are in trouble it can be both Federal as it crossed state lines, and Grand Larceny due to the value of Bethenny's Tribeca apt.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

If Hoppy ends up with a conviction it will probably mean only supervised visits with Brynn.  Bethenny will have even more time.  

This will never happen. I'd bet you a TJ Maxx clearance skinnygirl nutrition bar that he gets a misdemeanor at best and a suspended sentence for good behavior at the very most. 

She was breaking their custody agreement (that they had allowing liberal contact with the child when in the other home ) by ignoring his calls and emails. My gut says the judge will call it a wash, with a slightly more scolding for Hoppy for the poor choice of language and losing his cool. If he showed up at that school I believe he was forced to because she ceased communicating. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my gut. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Well can blame a woman for advertising she is open for business

Good for her for not being ashamed to word it that way, and for having a sense of humor about it.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2

at property is this? Is this an apartment or house he owned prior to getting married? Was he renting out that property while married to Bethenny?

This was a one bedroom that he owned and probably lived in prior to Bethenny.  The mortgage filing was found months after the divorce but it was finalized just before the divorce was final.  The same article noted he was renting closer to the Tribeca, probably due to Brynn's school.  At the time there was lots of speculation in the thread on why he wanted $700K.  I guess we'll never know.  Unless it was one of the things he was raving about in those 12 emails a day.  Then there is a slim chance it comes out in his criminal trial.

She was breaking their custody agreement (that they had allowing liberal contact with the child when in the other home ) by ignoring his calls and emails.

The prosecutor decided she was ignoring threats and stalking.  They had one phone call when the child was in the other home.  So 260 emails kinda is outside that provision.  And I doubt the misdemeanor and suspended because his attorney said they turned that down in a plea agreement.  Courts generally impose a stiffer sentence than the plea that was rejected.  His attorney said it is all embellishment and he'll be proven innocent.  And if that damn judge didn't have jury duty this would all be a moot point.  Now it's sometime in June.  If it rolls to July then B will be able to get an extension on the restraining order.  Since that order includes Brynn's school he doesn't want that.

• Love 2

Bethenny was funding the cost of the apartment during the drawn out divorce proceedings.  Once Jason was forced to vacate it and it was determined to be hers, it was also decided that the upkeep that she had paid for the apartment during the deliberations would be deducted from his settlement.  

I honestly can't get that worked up about Jason's "diminished lifestyle"  They really were not married for that long, and he was over 40 when they got married (I believe, I'm too lazy to look it up). So, for the bulk of his life, he'd supported himself at x level and then for 3 years, he was living large due to a marriage that didn't work out.  There was an agreed upon settlement going into the marriage, and that is what he got.  How is it different than someone who stays at home with their kids during a marriage, but then has to go get a job due to a divorce?  Circumstances change and you have to adapt.  Also, how often do you see things about celebrity pre-nups where if the marriage lasts 5 years they get y, 10 years they get z, etc?  Or, they get more if there are kids?  From that perspective, he still would have been in the bottom tier.

• Love 6
On 5/26/2017 at 3:18 PM, Happy Camper said:

Mercer street is claustrophobic and traffic is awful. Tons of tourists. I would pick a better area. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, smores said:

I honestly can't get that worked up about Jason's "diminished lifestyle"  They really were not married for that long, and he was over 40 when they got married (I believe, I'm too lazy to look it up). So, for the bulk of his life, he'd supported himself at x level and then for 3 years, he was living large due to a marriage that didn't work out.  There was an agreed upon settlement going into the marriage, and that is what he got.  

Her fortune exploded exponentially because of the marriage, the shows, and his presence. If a man made bank exponentially during a marriage due to the influence of his wife in business collaboration and a tv show she would be due some of it! Especially if she felt used and discarded like I think Jason did. That fueled him. She used and abused him and he is due a whole pile of money . He supported her rise. Their "fairy tale " on tv put SG over the top. He was a part of it.

He earned every penny and deserves way more than the prenup. The money she inherited from her father alone was plenty. 

• Love 18

I think Jason was way too trusting. Clearly there were red flags that Bethenny was troubled when he met her. I think he really loved her, and wanted a life together. Money can really change people, and their marriage problems escalated at roughly the same rate as Bethenny's bank account. Jason was a huge part of Bethenny's brand taking off, and it is a shame his attorney didn't secure monetary compensation for him in their prenup. The man quit his job to work at her company at her urging. Yes, it was her company, but, their tv show, and even public airing of grievances was instrumental in her brand taking off. 

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think Jason was way too trusting. Clearly there were red flags that Bethenny was troubled when he met her. I think he really loved her, and wanted a life together. Money can really change people, and their marriage problems escalated at roughly the same rate as Bethenny's bank account. Jason was a huge part of Bethenny's brand taking off, and it is a shame his attorney didn't secure monetary compensation for him in their prenup. The man quit his job to work at her company at her urging. Yes, it was her company, but, their tv show, and even public airing of grievances was instrumental in her brand taking off. 

My understanding has always been that his attorney did secure financial security for Jason in the prenup. He just wanted much more later than he agreed to in the beginning. Something like $2000 a month for dry cleaning, and to be afforded the same types of luxury vacations when divorced that he enjoyed while married to Beth (and paid for by Beth). And it's not like he was a high paying model or something who left his career in the prime of his life/career to help her out and threw away any opportunities to ever work in his chosen career again. He was a pharmaceutical sales rep in his 30's. He could have easily replaced that job and his salary. Bottom line is he spent hears and no doubt countless thousands of dollars fighting for things he didn't deserve and was not contractually obligated to have. And in a court of law he lost, even after spending all of that money on lawyers. So now he is going to find another way to make her pay. Emotionally since he cannot any longer do it financially. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6