Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

It was just too much. We had no traditions with our own kids. So, of course, I saw and still see, red flags when in laws are that demanding. MMV, of course.

Yeah - Personally I thought Bethenny was too quick to start the "we need our own traditions" stuff - the first baby of what is essentially an only child and yes, the inlaws will want to see the baby on holidays, especially knowing Bethenny's family traditions consist of someone throwing raw meat in the chum pile.

On the other hand, Jason's parents probably could have used some perspective as well - its not unusual for someone to want to establish their own traditions

• Love 5

Yeah - Personally I thought Bethenny was too quick to start the "we need our own traditions" stuff - the first baby of what is essentially an only child and yes, the inlaws will want to see the baby on holidays, especially knowing Bethenny's family traditions consist of someone throwing raw meat in the chum pile.

The discussion was that every weekend was in Pennsylvania with the in laws.  Jason suggested she just stay in NYC and he and Brynn could go to PA.  That was when I got the first creepy in-law vibe.  Then the next creepy bit was when they wanted to be included in Jason's birthday golf weekend with his buddies.  Because that's not unhealthy at all.  I actually have a bigger creep factor from them than I do Jason.

• Love 9

The Hoppys were weird and creepy? I thought they were kind ,down to earth genuine, non- attention seeking folks who love their son, love their granddaughter and tried without being pushy to love Bethenny. They said during BEA while they would love to spend as much time as possible with Brynn they understood that wasn't cool. All this during Carol Hoppy's b'day dinner where they also said if B &J wanted to move to CA they had to do what's best for them....people can always "act" to some extent. I never thought the Hoppys were acting.

• Love 14

If Mr Hoppy Sr walked around his daughter-in-law's apartment wearing his underwear, then plopped on her sofa, drinking a beer and watching tv in a communal area, I will be the first to call him a pig AND a potential disturbing and harmful influence on his young granddaughter. Instances like that are serious to judges who are charged with the best interests of the child. Serious stuff.

Does anyone here remember where the TV was placed in the new loft? In what room?

Bethenny made that "underwear" accusation (among others) in open court, then settled the custody arrangement out of court. If she truly had independent corroborating witnesses, we never heard them. She was not cross-examined. None of the three Hoppys testified. As far as I know B didn't introduce photos of two schlubs sitting on her sofa, defying manners and respect toward everybody in the place. Maybe even exposing their genitals "accidentally."

Traditions and in-laws? Always a balancing act. Doesn't matter if you come from a huge family like me or a small family like my new husband. If you love and respect each other, you compromise.

I just don't believe Bs version of events re Grandpa in his undies. She exaggerates and embellishes. None of the Hoppy family has said anything publicly. I feel sorry for them.

• Love 9

Doesn't matter if you come from a huge family like me or a small family like my new husband. If you love and respect each other, you compromise.

Well, if part of the issue was "every weekend spent in PA with the grandparents" - I don't see "and you don't have to come" as a compromise.

And you know.... Jason didn't have to settle either. I mean "Bethenny testified and settled so she obviously did so to avoid being cross examined" is as likely as "Jason settled after Bethenny testified because he saw the handwriting on the wall".

My point btw - if Jason having his day in court to excoriate Bettheny for her lies was what he wanted... he could have had it. Instead he took the custody and doesn't say boo to Bethenny's tale of his *father* prancing in her place in his underpants.

ETA - Jason was going for custody not money

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 6

My point btw - if Jason having his day in court to excoriate Bettheny for her lies was what he wanted... he could have had it. Instead he took the money and doesn't say boo to Bethenny's tale of his *father* prancing in her place in his underpants.

And as a Gladys Cravits on this that really pissed me off.  If Jason didn't cross-examine her what else did she have on him?  Damn, we may never know and I just bet there was something really good.  Yes I know I'm going to hell.

• Love 3

See, the problem I have is this. So Bethenny is being *hostile* in asking for primary custody of her child. But if she didn't ask for primary custody, people would accuse her of having the child as a mere adornment to her lifestyle (and in fact I have seen this accusation leveled, that Bethenny views her child as an accessory).

So in order to not be "hostile", she would have had to wait until Jason filed for primary custody... but would *Jason* have been viewed as "hostile"? Seriously, the first parent who asks for primary custody is automatically hostile? Or would Jason have been viewed as that innocent farm boy daddy with his aw shucks "I'm Bryn's father and I am asking for primary custody because I want to be Mr, Dad"? I wonder. Under the logic presented - only the awful hateful parent who is hostile files first.

Because really, Bethenny is in many many ways a terrible person, but sometimes it gets pretty convuluted painting her as the monster in all things.

My memory and understanding of the news that first emerged about the Hoppys' fight over custody was that the father wanted "joint legal" and "joint physical" custody of the minor child.

Whereas mother Bethenny was seeking "sole legal" and "sole physical" custody of their daughter.

In NYS, those concepts are worlds apart and not a matter of "primary custody," the way people commonly think of it as one parent having more time/daily custodial responsibility for the child.

In sole legal custody in NYS, one parent is given sole authority to make decisions re school, religion, medical, dental, sports, travel, everything. The other parent need not be consulted legally. It's a very big deal.

And in sole physical custody, one party has physical custody while the other party has either no time at all or very limited, restricted or supervised access to the kids. Also a huge deal.

In NYS, at least, filing for sole legal and sole physical custody is unusual and normally done only when extreme circumstances re the child's welfare can be proven to the court. In effect, sole legal and physical custody cuts one parent out of his/her child's life in any meaningful way.

Joint legal and joint physical necessitate that the parties communicate and compromise concerning all matters involving the kids. If the parents can't rise above their own hatreds and pettiness, lawyers will need to be involved. It can be 18 years of agita. So much easier to flush the ex down the toilet, legally.

That's why B was criticized for her filings, to the best of my memory. She sought sole legal and sole physical custody. Jason never asked for sole legal/physical; he sought the joint arrangements from the start.

If my memory is wrong, I apologize, but that's how I remember the War's opening shots.

• Love 5

Once the joint legal and physical custody was offered to Hoppy (after Bs direct testimony was finished), and it was exactly what the Hoppy side requested and required, continuing the case would have been nothing but a vendetta. Hoppy wanted to be perceived as caring more about his young child than his own feelings or need to get even.

The judge who heard the custody case is also their divorce judge. She would have not looked kindly on Hoppy s side continuing, and I'm not sure the attorneys could ethically sanction a continuation once the offer was made.

Nobody is an innocent in this. I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

• Love 5

Ok, great news guys.  I thought there was actual documents on TMZ and then after all the postings about how Jason wanted joint custody I decided to search in TMZ before I got all you guys are stupid and stuff.

So here is the link.  They both asked for exactly the same thing.  There is a link in the article to the documents.  TMZ loves linking court docs.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/bethenny-frankel-husband-jason-hoppy-divorce-war-custody/?adid=TMZ_Search_Results

• Love 1
Yeah, I guess it's all the "how" in how it happens, which we'll never know, so who knows for sure.   ... Did they just wake up and wander out, or did they strip to their skivvies right there in front of everyone (I don't see Jason's dad doing anything hostile like that).  And it wasn't "her" home, it was their home-- they were in their boxers, at home.  I'm not saying is no situation where it wouldn't be a hostile thing to do-- I'm sure there are situations where it is.  I just don't see it being part of the situation with Bryn's dad and grandad. 

Even if I were happily married, on good terms with the in-laws, walking out into my living room and running into my father-in-law in his underpants, lol, seriously?  I don't know who would die of embarrassment faster, him or me.   Is this a thing people do somewhere?  Let me know, so I can never go there. 

Seriously, though ... is there any situation where such a thing is fine and dandy?    Maybe if the house was on fire and we were all running for our lives.  Some health emergency involving an ambulance.  Otherwise, it's an asshole move on the part of the old man.  Rude.  Insensitive.  

If you then add to the mix the fact that I am involved in a hostile divorce with my husband and my relationship with his family is strained,  I would interpret the action as hostile and aggressive, meant to show dominance and humiliate me and make me feel uneasy in my own home.  If he did it in front of business colleagues,  I would consider it professional sabotage, as well.  

I wonder, would it be okay for Bethenny to lounge around in her bra and panties on the sofa if Jason had someone over to discuss a business proposition?  I can't imagine the adjectives her detractors would use to describe such a move on her part if she had ever done such a thing.    

Inexcusable behavior, in my opinion.  Inexcusable. 

• Love 8

According to ABC News, Bethenny sought primary custody; Jason sought joint custody:  http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/inside-bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppys-emotional-custody-battle/story?id=23912552

Yeah, I don't know what happened, but I definitely don't think seeing grandpa in his boxers is this insane thing.  I could totally see that they wandered out to the craft services table thinking everyone left when they hadn't, I can just picture situations that are far more innocuous than the way they were portrayed by Bethenny.

But then, I'm one of those who saw Jason and his parents as very solid, nurturing, emotionally healthy people.  

• Love 5

So here is the link.  They both asked for exactly the same thing.  There is a link in the article to the documents.  TMZ loves linking court docs.

So to be clear, Bethenny asked for primary custody and Jason asked for primary custody, not the more reasonable joint custody.

I'm not seeing the links to the actual documents? I'll go back later tonight. Thank you for the tmz link.

(As far as I understand NYS law, simple "primary" custody is not an option.)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

So to be clear, Bethenny asked for primary custody and Jason asked for primary custody, not the more reasonable joint custody.

Jason kept saying he asked for joint so it's one of those 'if I say it enough people will believe me'.  That is what makes TMZ kinda fun.  They like to get the court documents.  The face that Jason is misrepresenting what he asked for is part of his creepiness.  He asked for exactly the same thing that Beth did.  So?  Doesn't make him satan.  What makes him a creepy person is that he continues to misrepresent it to make himself look better.

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't know what happened, but I definitely don't think seeing grandpa in his boxers is this insane thing.  I could totally see that they wandered out to the craft services table thinking everyone left when they hadn't, I can just picture situations that are far more innocuous than the way they were portrayed by Bethenny.

Here's where I would find it odd.

Granpa doesn't live there. Why, if he's not senile, is he walking around in nothing but his underpants?

Jason does live there but has some idea of what business gets done. As someone else put it, would it be socially acceptable for Bethenny to plop out about the house in her bra and panties while Jason was doing business with someone?

If there's a craft table available at all, then that means people who don't live there are around. Maybe Betthenny deserved the passive aggressive crap but did everyone associated with her?

• Love 3

I started watching this franchise a couple of seasons ago, but I have caught a few clips and reunions (involving Bethenny) here and there.  I was impressed by how she handled Scary Island, but I've gotten mostly negative vibes since then.  I'm probably the only person who watched that stupid skating with the stars show, but I found Bethenny to be very defensive and whiny.  Now I saw her a few months ago on Meredith Vieira's show, and found Bethenny likable.  They were playing a drinking game, and Meredith had tricked Bethenny.  Meredith's vodka was water, and B's was vodka.  It was pretty funny, and Bethenny was a good sport.

I probably saw one episode of B's spin offs but I found her very irritating there.  It was when she was doing her best to mimic Mustafa, and was carrying tiny Bryn through her apartment like she was the newborn Christ child.  I also vaguely remember her specifically saying that she was drawn to Jason because of his close relationship with his parents.

I was looking forward to her return, but did not enjoy her (at all) on this first episode.

• Love 4

I won't be able to watch tonight's episode until later in the week. :(

None of us is all good or all bad. None of us is innocent and 100% pure in our motives. Self-interest and our own demons attach and can't be ignored. Hurt is eternal.

As a child advocate, my focus is always the little ones. -- their emotional, mental, spiritual, physical health; their happiness; their joy. Kiddos should feel safe, secure, completely loved. (It's not always the case.)

Kids deserve to be carefree and happy. When their adults are selfish and irrational, the children suffer, and it does drive me cocoa for cuckoo puffs. The everlasting repercussions are so real. The dysfunction cycle goes on and on and on....it's a loop of lunacy.

I hope B and J take deep breaths and remember their moral obligations to their sweet little girl. Neither parent is guilt-free. Just stop the asshattery and love your daughter more than you hate each other. JMO

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 5

Bettheny is not an innocent party - marriages take two to mess up, but castigating her for being uncomfortable with her ex husband and his dad using the family home for the purpose of displaying their male parts

Uncomfortable?  The woman who posed on top of a New York City building just about NUDE in front of TV CAMERAS?  The woman who PEED on camera? The woman who sat on a toilet with a CAMERAMAN in the room to look at her pee stick? And I bet it was Jason who put his foot down to having the birth on camera.

Underwear and boxer shorts are really two different things.  And I suspect the boxer shorts were more like guys' swimming trunks … If Bethenny were really upset, she would have taken a photo of it FOR SURE.  She has no problem posing in her DAUGHTER's skin-tight PAJAMAS, there's no way she wouldn't have snapped a shot of the "exposers."

• Love 10

I wonder if there is any relationship in Bethenny's life that she's felt comfortable with for any extended period....maybe Bryn....but she seems to have gone in and out of friendships and relationships.   She has had some long term friends on her spin-off-but I don't think they see each other day to day.   

It seems like Julie was her longest constant--and Julie finally got tired out.

• Love 3

I don't know Bethenny from a can of paint so can only go on my own experience.  That said, I consider myself a sexually liberated woman, fully in control of myself as a sexual being and comfortable with others as such.  I have modeled nude for pictures in the past and would do it again.  I am not a shrinking violet, am an extrovert and am what folks would consider a confident person.  I'm not easily shaken.  And still, the description of what took place makes me uncomfortable and I believe, were I in Bethenny's shoes, I would feel uncomfortable. This isn't an everyday situation.  It isn't coming home to find your loving husband and your FIL with whom you are close, lounging in the living room watching football in their shorts.  It is aggressive posturing, masked as "guys being guys".  It's akin to a dog lifting its leg and pissing all over the apartment - they were marking territory.  It sounds childish and awful and a professional embarrassment and I believe that's exactly what they meant it to be.

• Love 7

Uncomfortable?  The woman who posed on top of a New York City building just about NUDE in front of TV CAMERAS?  The woman who PEED on camera? The woman who sat on a toilet with a CAMERAMAN in the room to look at her pee stick? And I bet it was Jason who put his foot down to having the birth on camera.

Underwear and boxer shorts are really two different things.  And I suspect the boxer shorts were more like guys' swimming trunks … If Bethenny were really upset, she would have taken a photo of it FOR SURE.  She has no problem posing in her DAUGHTER's skin-tight PAJAMAS, there's no way she wouldn't have snapped a shot of the "exposers."

AuntieDiane6, I want to hug this post. Since I can't, let me repost it and give you a big old thumbs up.

• Love 6

Uncomfortable?  The woman who posed on top of a New York City building just about NUDE in front of TV CAMERAS?  The woman who PEED on camera? The woman who sat on a toilet with a CAMERAMAN in the room to look at her pee stick?

I'm just going to point out that all of the things you're describing, including the stupid wearing of Brynn's clothes, were all things that Bethenny chose to do. Hence, yes, she was comfortable with them.

You're equating silly attention seeking like the peeing on a stick publically (and agreed, pretty stupid and attention whorish) with choosing to have  your angry soon to be divorced husband move back into your home while divorcing him, inviting his father who is at this point NOT a Bethenny fan and being comfortable walking into the home with guests to find said angry husband and father in law wearing nothing but their underpants because they want to make the point that Jason lives there. Do you think Bettheny CHOSE for them to behave in such a way? If you don't think she chose for it to happen, then yes, regardless of her prior behavior, she has every right to be uncomfortable with the behavior.... particularly if it was being done out of anger. I don't know if I believe Bethenny when she says she moved out because Jason was insisting on sharing a bed with her because well, until the divorce he could, but if that happened, yes, she had every right to be uncomfortable even though she had previously let him fuck her.

That she's something of an uninhibited exhibitionist just means she's uninhibited about nudity. It doesn't mean she showed some skin so she can never say she's uncomfortable ever again because once you're near naked in public, you're a whore who deserves every indignity.

• Love 6

Do you think Bettheny CHOSE for them to behave in such a way?

If she wasn't going through a divorce, she would have joked about it … i.e., "I can see that Jason gets his -a-hem! - attributes - from his father for sure!"  

• Love 1

Whatever happened with boxer-gate, none of us know.  Those who think it was awful are taking as true Bethenny's interpretation of why Jason and his dad were wearing their boxers.  I personally see Bethenny as a perpetual victim and fact-spinner, so I don't buy her spin anywhere close to 100%.  And I always felt Jason and his family were on the whole sincerely lovely people, particularly his parents, so I just don't see Jason's dad wearing his boxers as a hostile act.  For some people?  It would be.  Like most of the guys on RHONJ!  I just don't see that with Jason and his dad.  

• Love 7

I personally see Bethenny as a perpetual victim and fact-spinner, so I don't buy her spin anywhere close to 100%.

Which is exactly why I think this is worse than what she said on the stand. If it was just spin then why didn't Jason want to cross examine her?

• Love 3

If she wasn't going through a divorce, she would have joked about it … i.e., "I can see that Jason gets his -a-hem! - attributes - from his father for sure!"

Probably. But they *were* going through a divorce. That changes the dynamic. They weren't a happy couple, and the father in law was not exactly her ally.

And I always felt Jason and his family were on the whole sincerely lovely people, particularly his parents, so I just don't see Jason's dad wearing his boxers as a hostile act.

I've seen otherwise lovely people in my own family do worse. I really don't see how Granpa Hoppy was at his son's home and completely unaware that a) Bethenny and Jason were on the outs  and b) wearing nothing but boxers while Bethenny had people over for something professional wasn't appropriate. I'm sure Jason was well aware of it as well.

• Love 4

Jason and his father would have most certainly known that a photo shoot was going to be taking place. And at what day and time. They don't just happen spontaneously. And you don't just accidently forget to put your pants on. Bethenny never said they were walking around swinging their dicks. What they did was a passive aggressive act intended to embarrass Bethenny professionally. I hope the elder Hoppy is embarrassed for his part.

• Love 5

Which is exactly why I think this is worse than what she said on the stand. If it was just spin then why didn't Jason want to cross examine her?

It's the opposite-- she testified, and then after she sat down, she offered Jason joint custody, which was what he was formally seeking as of 2014.  She is the one who didn't want to be cross-examined.  When she finished her direct testimony and then offered Jason joint custody... given what was at stake, he had to take it.  So it was all manipulated by her.  She refused to offer him joint custody *until* she testified, because she wanted to put her version of events out there for public consumption.  Then and only then did she cave.  Because she knew that by timing her settlement offer like that, she'd stop the whole hearing where things were-- with her having just given her direct exam testimony, knowing she would never have to be cross examined.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6

I don't believe the underwear story for a minute.

But whatever, she just needs to stfu already. She is insufferable at that time.

Why does she think that it is ok to speak constantly about Jason on every single shows she appears on?????

She is her mother's daughter after all.

On WWHL, she outed a piece of gossip that Andy confided in her. She is absolutely ruthless, careless and totally self absorbed.

While I dislike Andy for being a woman hater, she needs to realize that it is uncool to out others.

This is why she can't keep friends, IMO.

• Love 5

Ok, great news guys. I thought there was actual documents on TMZ and then after all the postings about how Jason wanted joint custody I decided to search in TMZ before I got all you guys are stupid and stuff.

So here is the link. They both asked for exactly the same thing. There is a link in the article to the documents. TMZ loves linking court docs.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/bethenny-frankel-husband-jason-hoppy-divorce-war-custody/?adid=TMZ_Search_Results

Every link in the TMZ story brought me to another TMZ story. I'm not seeing actual court documents. TMZ seems to be interpreting the court papers based on "TMZ has learned...," and it also quotes an unnamed source from Bethenny' s side, but I'd love to read the documents. The way theTMZ pieces are worded I'm not sure that they actually read the court papers themselves, but, rather, are reporting the info as told to them by a source?

So, if possible, please let me know what I'm missing there. Is there an actual link to the court filing? Thanks. :)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

So, if possible, please let me know what I'm missing there. Is there an actual link to the court filing? Thanks. :)

It probably is unlikely that the links are still valid after 2 years.  Server upgrades, etc and that stuff just moves.  No one goes back and repairs links.  You need to catch this when it happens.  Someone just asked why I thought that since Jason's PR person spun that the other way a month later and in the spirit of the internet if you say it enough times it's true.  I know I saw the documents.  They had the little boxes highlighted etc.

So that's why I know that they asked for the same thing.  I don't need other people to know that.

Of course now that Jason has hired forensic accountants so that he can get every last penny of the $10 million he wants for a two year marriage ... yeah he's a douchebag.

• Love 3

Did Jason's dad come over and say, "Let's take off our pants and watch some football."?  Jason's in the heat of a custody battle and there were people in the apartment to witness them doing this.  Jason might be a lot of things but he's not that stupid. A custody battle over a young child and grandpa is going to sit around in his underpants? 

I don't believe it happened.  Unless I see photos or a sworn affidavit from someone in craft services or photog assistant I won't believe it.  I don't feel sorry for Senior Hoppy because this story circulated.  Because, like me, he probably laughed his ass off at the sheer ridiculousness and desperation of it. 

• Love 7

Jason might be a lot of things but he's not that stupid. A custody battle over a young child and grandpa is going to sit around in his underpants?

In fairness, do you watch RHoNYC?  George, Aviva's dad (and a granddad) talks about squirting orgasms at the dinner table.

And frankly, familial disputes can make you do dumb, angry things. Point - Granpa and Grandma Hoppy want the grandaughter *every* weekend. Is that really going to happen if Bethenny gets custody? No, the answer is no, and it would be no in most relationships. Think Grandpa and Grandma Hoppy were as pleased as punch about that? Happy and gracious? Smiles on their faces? Oh heck no.

Did Jason's dad come over and say, "Let's take off our pants and watch some football."?  Jason's in the heat of a custody battle and there were people in the apartment to witness them doing this

Why not? I mean it embarrasses Bethenny and unless there's signed court affadavits, no one believes her. ANd frankly if someone did provide a signed affadavit, if they are in any way employed or have a monetary connection to Bethenny, their sworn affadavit is deemed a lie anyway... I mean, I've seen this game play out.

Court docs are public records. As long as you have a credit card, you too can access the docs TMZ posted.

• Love 4

It probably is unlikely that the links are still valid after 2 years.  Server upgrades, etc and that stuff just moves.  No one goes back and repairs links.  You need to catch this when it happens.  Someone just asked why I thought that since Jason's PR person spun that the other way a month later and in the spirit of the internet if you say it enough times it's true.  I know I saw the documents.  They had the little boxes highlighted etc.

So that's why I know that they asked for the same thing.  I don't need other people to know that.

Of course now that Jason has hired forensic accountants so that he can get every last penny of the $10 million he wants for a two year marriage ... yeah he's a douchebag.

Thank you for the reply, QuinnM! :)

I do not believe it happened either. Bethenny doesn't have parents, has been lost at sea and is homeless. She told us herself regarding the "homeless" last night on WWHL that that's just her --no filter. Careful, Bethenny you are the girl who cried (raised by) wolves. No one  will believe the things you say, and  I do not believe on the couch in their underpants means they were watching football on a hot day in gym shorts and maybe a tank and you were embarrassed during your business meeting. His house too. Tough cookies.

I don't believe it happened.  Unless I see photos or a sworn affidavit from someone in craft services or photog assistant I won't believe it.  I don't feel sorry for Senior Hoppy because this story circulated.  Because, like me, he probably laughed his ass off at the sheer ridiculousness and desperation of it. 

• Love 5

I just got an email from Bed Bath and Beyond announcing the new Skinnygirl Sodastream flavors they carry.    Bethanny is timing her appearances and her new things to sell very well.

• Love 4

My husband bought one of those! I told him I wasn't really comfortable supporting her empire, but anyway, the flavor is cucumber/lime. I am on the fence about it. I think if you like tonic or flavored club soda you would like it. It's a little bitter for my taste though.

I just got an email from Bed Bath and Beyond announcing the new Skinnygirl Sodastream flavors they carry.    Bethanny is timing her appearances and her new things to sell very well.

I'm a big margarita person and when it first came out it was on every bbq bar I went to.  I didn't like it because it was like margarita lite.  I did have some of the grapefruit margarita this week and I liked that.  And I saw that there is a sparkling cocktail that I know I'll try.  I have had her sparkling water since one of my friends always has it as the end of the night sober yourself up or your not getting in the car drink.  I bought the lime popcorn and loved it.  I bought it because I had microwave popcorn in Mexico that was lime and so I knew this was a flavor I would like.  She's got a lot of products out there now.  She is not sitting back and resting on the cocktails.

• Love 1

If the apartment is both household and office and there is prior notice that a work event will be taking place, it's still bizarre to be hanging around in boxers or basketball shorts and tanks, IMO.  At that moment, this place is a place of business.  If you *need* to be in your skivvies, do so in a private area where work associates will not be gathered.  Given that Jason is attempting to win a large sum of money in the suit, it would make sense that he would want the business to be profitable.  It seems to me to be a strike of nastiness.

• Love 4

IF there is prior notice.... that's a big IF with her. If there wasn't and Jason and his dad wanted to watch the big game could Bethenny have conveniently scheduled a work function to interfere? Just sayin' could be either scenario. sorry if I didn't quote this right I am having trouble when I edit the orig text.. ?

If the apartment is both household and office and there is prior notice that a work event will be taking place

Which is why it sounds so fishy to me.

Of course, if he had a man cave, they could have watched TV butt naked but someone decided otherwise.

She probably was getting a tax credit on the place.

SUCK IT UP, girl. It is part of the game.

As far as SkinnyGirl, it is everywhere. She is an incredible success.

Maybe, the money will calm her down and fulfill her at some point.

• Love 1

In fairness, do you watch RHoNYC?  George, Aviva's dad (and a granddad) talks about squirting orgasms at the dinner table.

Comparing Grandpa George to Grandpa Bob is like comparing Kim Richards to Joyce. 

Apples to spaceships.  I just don't see Bob (or Jason) doing anything so stupid in the middle of a custody battle.  I'm sure divorce makes people do stupid things, but for 2 people to do such a pre-meditated, stupid thing makes no sense.

So how is it we're so certain this happened again? 

• Love 4

We're not certain.  Wait ... let me speak for myself.  I'm not certain, at all.  I have no way of knowing whether the event in question took place but having seen what divorce (and other major life events) can do to people, I wouldn't be shocked if it had.  If this event *did* take place, I think it was dirty pool on the part of the Hoppys and not at all the "poor man ... he and his cute little dad can't even sit around the house in their underpants" that some are depicting.

1) Even if happily married, I wouldn't want my work colleagues to see my husband and his dad sitting around in their drawers. 

2) Even if happily married, I don't want to see my FIL in his drawers ... ever.

3) Jason married BETHENNY.  Bethenny Frankel.  Who has been a loud, brash, OTT, shrieking ball of issues and need and crazyment since the beginning.  He knew what he signed up for and who he signed up with.  He is not a sweet little dude from a sweet little family.  He was a man happy to marry Bethenny Frankel and star on TV alongside her.  He knew what he was doing then and he knows what he's doing now.

And before it's questioned - let the record show: The above are my opinions only.  I do not know either Bethenny Frankel or Jason Hoppy beyond what has been shown on television.  I have no way of knowing for sure if any of the above is true or false.  I would place bets, though.

• Love 13

Every link in the TMZ story brought me to another TMZ story. I'm not seeing actual court documents. TMZ seems to be interpreting the court papers based on "TMZ has learned...," and it also quotes an unnamed source from Bethenny' s side, but I'd love to read the documents. The way theTMZ pieces are worded I'm not sure that they actually read the court papers themselves, but, rather, are reporting the info as told to them by a source?

There is none.  And nothing in any of these articles state that 'here' are the documents.  Links given on a website are still links.  The link itself can move but the code to the link doesn't change unless it's done in the original html.  I totally agree with you that this article is based on what TMZ has learned, not what they actually saw. 

Edited to add, according to the NYCourts:

The County Clerk of New York County is responsible for receiving papers initiating actions and special proceedings and maintaining the official case files of the court, which contain all papers filed with the court in each case. These files (other than older files and electronic files described below) are kept in the Supreme Court Record Room (Room 103 B, in the basement at 60 Centre Street, hours: 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.). Anyone who wishes to do so may examine the case files in that room. There are, however, two exceptions. First, by law the files in all matrimonial cases are confidential and are available only to the parties to the case or their attorneys, upon presentation of proper identification.

https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/1jd/supctmanh/county_clerk_records.shtml

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 2

So how is it we're so certain this happened again?

So how is it we're so certain it didn't?

I am willing to concede Bethenny could be lying. Are you willing to concede Jason and his dad might not be entirely truthful? Because the proof for EITHER point of view is nonexistant.

• Love 4