Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

So B is being difficult?  Surprise, surprise.  And in order to give her the big dough -- 250 thou per ep (GAK!), Satan Andy cut Moaner's & Lu's dough & didn't give anyone else raises.  Man, dat sucks big time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/bethenny-frankel-return-brings-housewives-boil-article-1.2045147

I'm not sure how much of this I buy. The article claims that Bethenny took chunks of money from Luanne and Ramona and thus the two of them were demoted. We know that isn't true as it was announced that Luann would be back in full capacity. She was demoted last season for reasons unknown, but was so popular that the is now back at full time status. As for Ramona, there were rumors about her possibly being demoted based on how much of her divorce would be shown, but nothing has yet been said to confirm that. And those rumors were happening before Bethenny had even agreed to return. 

As for her being difficult because she isn't an actress, I can't be too assed about that. I hate those obviously fake scenes and I think it would be great if all of the show participants would acknowledge that they are not in fact actresses and refuse to do those obviously fake scenes just out of respect for viewer intelligence.

• Love 3

So B is being difficult? Surprise, surprise. And in order to give her the big dough -- 250 thou per ep (GAK!), Satan Andy cut Moaner's & Lu's dough & didn't give anyone else raises. Man, dat sucks big time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/bethenny-frankel-return-brings-housewives-boil-article-1.2045147

So Betheny was "refusing to do scenes she considers fake.” So scenes are set up? I'm shocked, I tell you! 

And, “Everybody knows that Bethenny grabbed a big chunk of LuAnn's (de Lesseps) paycheck, and LuAnn got demoted; a big chunk of Ramona's (Singer) paycheck, and Ramona got demoted,” said our source. Wasn't LuAnn a friend of the show and Ramona demoted before Betheny signed? I think the source may be Jill Zarin.

• Love 3

I agree the demoting doesn't make much sense.  The only thing of interest to me is the mention of B getting 250 thou per ep.  Hadn't heard dat before.  I only heard Satan Andy was throwing a mil at B.  But this is way more than a measly mil.  Could this be why B agreed to "lower herself" to come back?  Oh man, she better bring da ratings for dat much cheddar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2875184/She-s-acting-like-brat-Bethenny-Frankel-refuses-film-scripted-scenes-RHONY-makes-return-reality-show.html

• Love 1

I agree the demoting doesn't make much sense.  The only thing of interest to me is the mention of B getting 250 thou per ep.  Hadn't heard dat before.  I only heard Satan Andy was throwing a mil at B.  But this is way more than a measly mil.  Could this be why B agreed to "lower herself" to come back?  Oh man, she better bring da ratings for dat much cheddar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2875184/She-s-acting-like-brat-Bethenny-Frankel-refuses-film-scripted-scenes-RHONY-makes-return-reality-show.html

I don't believe for a second that they are paying her 250K per episode. 1Million for the whole season, maybe and even then that I think is a little strech.

Luann was demoted last year and this year is full time so that rumor in itself is not true. Ramona's demotion (if she ever was) was rumored way before Bethenny came back so I am not buying that either.

Are the other ladies upset that she is making much more money than them? possibly. Did they lower their salaries to pay Betheny? no way.

It is well known that RHNY are all very well paid, they are second only to Atlanta even with the difference in ratings.

I actually like the fact that Bethenny refused to film fake scenes, when she was on RHNY everyhting was more organic and real, the interference of the producers and the way they manipulate and create conflict out of thin air is what is bringing this franchise down.

Like others have pointed it smells to me like some "little grubby fingers" are behind this information. Jill Zarin still has connections on Page Six and NYP, Rob Shutter is still one of her best friends and Jill is so salty for not being asked back that she is using her own money to flight and get herself into some events of the RHNY, she just shows up and interjects herself into the scene, many rumors circulating about Miami. I really hope that Bravo producers cut her off completely instead of letting her do cameos.

Poor Bobby, he is not going to have a fortune left is he continues to sponsor his loony wife's delusions.

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 3
I don't believe for a second that they are paying her 250K per episode.

Yeah, I agree it sounds way too high.  How many eps in a season -- maybe around 20 or a bit more?  No way is she gettin' that kinda dough.  And anyway, whatever she's getting has nothing to do with the others' salaries.  Would be funny if Jillzy is planting these fake stories & then it gets quoted elsewhere, like Daily Mail, as fact.

Whoa! she is everywhere. It might have been ponytail holders. So Bethenny is proof that you can get a brand and put it everywhere. Which is why it is so weird that Sonja has not been able to do one thing.

Okay, not a  fan of the skinny girl either but I give her full props for being smart, tough and a hellava businesswoman. She seems willing to try almost anything to further her shit, including a failed talk show (and I watched it once, truly sucked big time). Ms Sonja doesn't get it, doesn't understand what she has to do, who she has to partner with, work with, network to make something actually happen. I suspect she's still waiting for a miracle or white knight to show up to take her away from the day to day dreck.

• Love 2

Yeah, so this I mostly believe-

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/real-housewives-new-york-dull-house-article-1.2050360

Beth just ain't bringin' it.  I can't blame her.  She's not gonna act like Aviva, like a screaming lunatic.  That was never her style anyway.  But now she doesn't even wanna "engage" apparently with any of the rest of 'em.  Wow, it sounds like Andy has totally lost control of this show.  

Well, he's never gonna let Jill come back.  And I knew he was lying when he said something on WWHL about her being close at one point to coming back.  No freakin' way.  And I can't say I blame him.  Her ego is still nuts.  I saw a preview of her on Millionaire Matchmaker & she totally takes over that show.  Patti tries to smack her down, but even she can't.  Now that's saying a lot if even she can't squash her.  The thing is, Jillzy probably would be entertaining on this show, but she's too just difficult to deal with now.  I'm sure Andy wants absolutely no part of her.

I know they ain't even considering bringing Aviva back cuz she was impossible to deal with.  It's what I've said before.  They needed major cast changes & Andy didn't do it for whatever his reasons.  And as I also predicted, bringing Bethenny back was an answer to nothing.  

I think Beth has played this very cleverly.  She came back on her own terms.  She won't participate in humiliating fights or get involved with anything she knows is fake.  She's just interested in plugging her products & maintaining a proper image of a businesswoman representing her brand.  Sounds OK to me.  But it makes for awful reality TV, dat's for sure.  Ah, but Andy is the big dope who hired her -- and threw a mil (or more) at her, to pretty much do nothing but be a commercial for her products.  Um, good move there, Andy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I guess it's important that these gossip items keep coming to get people excited for the season. But, these items seem to always put one detail too many that tells you it is either a fabrication or total speculation and it pulls me out of the gossip.

In this case, it was this bit:

“They brought in Bethenny (Frankel) to save the franchise, but she’s so careful about protecting her brand. She won’t be confrontational on camera like the first time around,” spills a show insider.

Anyone familiar with Bethenny's earlier seasons know that she was rarely confrontational. She was a pro at the passive aggressive talking head/behind the back snark. When it came time to confrontations she would try to turn it into a rational conversation (the "up here, down there" conversation with Kelly; the "Jill only likes you because you are the underdog" conversation with Ramona; the "Rumble on the Bridge" conversation with Ramona; the list goes on) and she was rarely the person that invited the sit down or the conversation in the first place.

There is also that bit about Jill. Andy has gone on record as saying that he wanted Jill to do a cameo but was worried about a Housewives Revolt. No matter how Andy feels about Jill personally, there is no way he would give up the spike in ratings that would come from her appearing to confront Bethenny. This is especially true since he isn't directly involved in filming and Jill's antics wouldn't affect him directly.

They are small things, but they make the article really hard for me to believe. 

I mean, I totally believe that Bethenny wouldn't engage in over the top confrontations, because history shows that to be her MO on the franchise. But, to believe that BRAVO is sweating the season because Bethenny is behaving the way she always has on the show? That would defeat the purpose of them bringing her back in the first place.

• Love 6

Well, it is confusing.  On one hand I wanna applaud Beth for standing up for herself (if she is) & not doing the fake shit that's always involved now on the Housewives shows.  And on other hand I wonder how they can throw a million bucks at her & she thinks she can refuse to do whatever they order her to do.  Something just doesn't compute.  Maybe we're just getting part of what's happening.  Sure, this is speculation, but I bet it's based on talk of there being no fights or drama.  Will that make for a boring season?  Yeppers.  Dat's what's goin' on now with BH & man, dat show is a snooze.

I can believe it's not working out the way they thought it would with Bethenny.  They were hoping for someone to save this thing.  And maybe they didn't think it out who they were bringing in.  Were they really expecting B to act like Aviva the nutcase?  I don't get it.  Did they think she'd change her personality & be anyone they order her to be for a mil or did they not understand who she is?  I would think Andy knew exactly who & what he was getting when he threw the mil at her & brought her back.  WTF?

“Jill had said she would come back on to confront Bethenny after their notorious fight, when ratings were at a high" (from the Daily News piece) - oh please, that just sounds so pathetic. Season 3 was FOUR YEARS AGO. Well, at least that's when it aired. Yes, it made for good TV back then, but who cares at this point?! Is Jill really that desperate? The tide amazingly turned against her in the season-long fight with Bethenny. Why would she go in for Round 2?

What's even more pathetic is, I bet Jill still has her "notes." Remember, she kept notes on her disagreements with Bethenny or something? That's why she felt so unprepared to talk to Bethenny at Ramona's…one of the excuses she gave was, "I didn't have my notes." Who keeps a dossier like that?

• Love 3

Well, it is confusing.  On one hand I wanna applaud Beth for standing up for herself (if she is) & not doing the fake shit that's always involved now on the Housewives shows.  And on other hand I wonder how they can throw a million bucks at her & she thinks she can refuse to do whatever they order her to do.  Something just doesn't compute.  Maybe we're just getting part of what's happening.  Sure, this is speculation, but I bet it's based on talk of there being no fights or drama.  Will that make for a boring season?  Yeppers.  Dat's what's goin' on now with BH & man, dat show is a snooze.

I can believe it's not working out the way they thought it would with Bethenny.  They were hoping for someone to save this thing.  And maybe they didn't think it out who they were bringing in.  Were they really expecting B to act like Aviva the nutcase?  I don't get it.  Did they think she'd change her personality & be anyone they order her to be for a mil or did they not understand who she is?  I would think Andy knew exactly who & what he was getting when he threw the mil at her & brought her back.  WTF?

Well she was a different person on Bethenny Ever After and was a complete melting down, crazy bitch. Maybe Bravo though they were getting that one?
  • Love 2

Am I the only one that would love a season without the fake fights, leg throwing and confrontations?

Nope---I feel the exact same way!!! Can we finally just see a positive and glam spin on female friendships and social strategizing?

Seriously, let's remember how all of these HW shows were during their first seasons: fun parties, fab events and posh vacations, society gigs and glimpses into various careers, family lives and planning meetings, genuine friendships with a dash of healthy disagreements here and there, snarky talking heads, fashionable moments mixed with a few drunken adventures: the end.

So how is watching upper middle class/rich ladies living their regular lives "boring"? That's *exactly* how this entire franchise started out until producers decided that ridiculously soapy, staged drama and pointless bickering= ratings!!!

Nope. Done.

I'm sick of my brain cells being further insulted with all these staged arguments, tacky hair-pulling/wine-tossing/slap-filled literal fights, made-up scenarios and dramatic confrontations.

Good for Bethenny for refusing to film any of that inauthentic bullshit---she's always been a no-BS sort of chick and that's the entire reason why audiences liked her on the show!

After all, she spent her time as a "Real Housewife" promoting her business ventures and reacting to/commenting on the ridiculous antics of the show's biggest nutbags, so I don't know why it'd be such a surprise to anyone that she won't agree to act like an aggressively vicious, trash-talking new version of herself.

And if watching regular women live their regular daily lives on television is "boring" then I truly fear for our civilization and its idea of modern televised entertainment.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 6
And if watching regular women live their regular daily lives on television is "boring" then I truly fear for our civilization and its idea of modern televised entertainment.

Hope it's OK if disagree (saying skeered), but I disagree.  Most people's lives are way too boring to be portrayed on TV as entertainment.  It's not a bad thing.  Dat's just life.  A lot of life is routine & not meant to be entertaining.  And sheesh, wouldn't it be exhausting as fuck if it were?

Am I the only one that would love a season without the fake fights, leg throwing and confrontations?

Well, I'll be the contrarian here & say I hope you are & nobody from Bravo is listening to you.  Gimme the fuckin' fake fights, Satan Andy.  Me luvs 'em.  Look, I never have any confrontations in my life, except maybe when I get paid well to have 'em (as an attorney) & dat's it, folks.  So I like watching 'em.  They can be fun as hell & a good chuckle for me.  This show without the fights & confrontations is boring as hell.  It just is.

Aviva is the only one who brought fake leg throwing & she's gone.  I have a feeling Andy made a big boo-boo by bringing Beth in & wasting a million bucks doing it.  He needed to majorly recast & bring some crazy broads in to beat the fuck outta the Moaner & beat the shit outta Sonja for good measure too.  He also needed to get rid of Carole, who's boring beyond belief.  But he didn't & I'm sure ratings are gonna plummet.  

Honestly, I think Andy should have gotten rid of Heather & Kristen too.  They're as much of a snooze as Carole is.  The show has such a boring vibe now.  And B is just not at a point in her life where she's gonna inject much life in this thing.  What did Satan Andy expect from her her anyway?  That people will tune in, in droves, just to see huh?  They certainly didn't to watch her talk show.  I really think he didn't think this out.  So what's the best he could get outta B?  That she'll stand by the sidelines & offer some snark?  On Carole, Heather or Kristen?  Zzzzzz.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I'll weigh in somewhere in the middle. I do like fights. On occasion. But I don't like FAKE fights. The earlier seasons of these shows were spot on, because they focused more on each woman's individual lives. There would sometimes be drama, but it felt more authentic.It wasn't always in relation to the other housewives.  And we weren't inundated with it. Now we not only have fake fights, we have fake everything. Every other episode is - "We're all doing circus yoga together!" or "The ladies are getting together for a self defense class" or "This woman and I, who I would never be friends with in real life, are getting our kids together to do pottery!" PASS. 

Find some interesting women, with eccentric family members, who have real tangible connections to each other, and maybe orchestrate ONE group get together a season, and let the rest fall where it does. That's what I would like to see. 

As for Bethenny, I don't know where I currently stand with her. When she was on the show, she was my favorite. She had her flaws, and made her mistakes, but I felt she was real and hardworking, and always made me laugh. I think the mistake she made was continuing the show when the sole focus was on her personal life. And, honestly, I hate to say it, but as damaged as she is - maybe she should not have HAD that serious of a personal life. It's certainly not my place to say who has kids and who doesn't, but Bethenny sure has a fucked up situation with the father of her child and I do worry about Brynn growing up with a mother that can be that toxic and insecure. 

When that picture was posted, of her modeling her daughter's pajamas, I really really began to feel concerned. That is just not healthy. Bethenny needs to work on her issues - without the camera. Genuine work. I think she is a great business woman; she can be a good friend and was a fun addition to this show in the beginning. I just don't know if she has it in her to be a good wife, mother, family woman. I feel mean saying that, but there it is. 

I will continue to reserve judgment and she what she's like when she comes back. I just hope she keeps her daughter in the background, or off the show altogether. 

• Love 2

And so we're gonna basically get a swiss-cheese version of Bethenny -- full of a ton of holes.  We're not gonna get a full picture of her life in da least.  She's never gonna show the thuggy, horrible-looking boyfriend -- who seems to be a large presence in her life.  Will she even speak about him at all?  Will it be like Stassi & her ghost bf on VR?  Gotta say, dat shit really is not working for me.  She's not gonna mention Jason or the divorce she's still trudging thru.  And she can't show her daughter.  Maybe she'll barely discuss her.  So what kinda Bethenny will we be left with?  A one-note Bethenny, who'll merely be repeating Skinnygirl a billion times?

Find some interesting women, with eccentric family members, who have real tangible connections to each other, and maybe orchestrate ONE group get together a season, and let the rest fall where it does. That's what I would like to see.

Me too.  I used to bristle when I heard or read anyone mention they liked Housewives shows to be "organic".  I don't anymore.  Dat's da way it should be.  Veevs' crap & bullshit were about as far away from organic as the show ever got.  Glad she & her nasty ass are gone.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Anyone familiar with Bethenny's earlier seasons know that she was rarely confrontational.

I believe Bethenny's loathing for people, in general, runs deep. She certainly has the ability to be confrontational because that's what helped her lose on Martha's Apprentice.  So we know she can be it.  But maybe she learned a lesson from that and decided when she signed on to RHONY to heed her own advice:  Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Love 5

Bethenny is doing a Nene Leakes. Nene stopped participating in the staged drama and fights as she got more roles. She began acting more professional. Nene has stepped up the drama more as the roles have disappeared but she still isn't acting like a lunatic. Nene knows that perception is everything and Bethenny understands it too. But Bethenny has more personnel demons that Nene so I expect that she won't be able to control herself as much.

• Love 2

Bethenny is doing a Nene Leakes. Nene stopped participating in the staged drama and fights as she got more roles. She began acting more professional. Nene has stepped up the drama more as the roles have disappeared but she still isn't acting like a lunatic. Nene knows that perception is everything and Bethenny understands it too. But Bethenny has more personnel demons that Nene so I expect that she won't be able to control herself as much.

She is not acting like a lunatic but she speaks and looks one one. 

I had to grab my sun glasses, while sitting in my dimly lit living room, whenever she appears in that blonde wig.

• Love 1

The thing about the fake fights is that they're fake.  Patently fake.  Fake as a $7 bill tucked into an NY street corner 'Hermes'.  Fakety fakety fake.  I am so tired of them.  And I'm so tired of the endless 'sit-downs to clear the air' that come along with them.  If I wanted to check out NYC/ATLA/BH/NJ bars and restaurants I'd buy the applicable Zagat Guide.  I love real fights on the shows.  They are hilarious and allow me to be a Mean Girl without any of the nasty social side-effects.  But this made-up shit?  Is like kudzu.  It's all over all the shows and it's choking them to death.

• Love 7

Bethenny Frankel and Daughter Brynn – February 2015 - Miami Beach, Florida
NY Daily News
Posted on February 9, 2015bethenny-frankel-daughter-brynn.jpg

Bethenny in Navy Blue Bathing Suit

Edited by RealityTVSmack1

24B4433100000578-2910650-A_new_project_B

Smiley-head-shocking-spin.gif

Bethenny Frankel steps out in NYC as it's revealed she 'plans to launch Skinnygirl marijuana in states where cannabis is legal'

By Heidi Parker for MailOnline

Published: 18:04 EST, 14 January 2015  | Updated: 20:30 EST, 14 January 2015

She already has a line of Skinnygirl alcohol.

And now Bethenny Frankel plans of creating a line of Skinnygirl marijuana, according to a Wednesday report from UsWeekly.

'It will be a specifically engineered strain of pot designed not to give you the munchies,' a source told the magazine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2910650/Bethenny-Frankel-steps-daughter-NYC-s-revealed-plans-launch-Skinnygirl-marijuana-states-cannabis-legal.html#ixzz3RL0APMfA

Edited by RealityTVSmack1

That article sounds fake, and yet, I want to try Skinny Girl marijuana! Too bad I don't live in a state where it's legal. 

I like Bethenny on this show. Hated her on her own show. I'm willing to give it a chance and see if she's likable again. I'm one of those people who doesn't need the fake drama, and I think when you throw these women in a room together natural drama would arise. But the shows are so formulaic at this point that maybe no one knows how to be natural anymore.

• Love 4

I believe Bethenny's loathing for people, in general, runs deep. She certainly has the ability to be confrontational because that's what helped her lose on Martha's Apprentice. So we know she can be it. But maybe she learned a lesson from that and decided when she signed on to RHONY to heed her own advice: Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I agree with this. She comes across very negative, cold, self absorbed, and insensitive. I don't think she enjoys others company or tries o understand them, but expects people to do the same for her.

• Love 2

24B4433100000578-2910650-A_new_project_B

Smiley-head-shocking-spin.gif

Bethenny Frankel steps out in NYC as it's revealed she 'plans to launch Skinnygirl marijuana in states where cannabis is legal'

By Heidi Parker for MailOnline

Published: 18:04 EST, 14 January 2015 | Updated: 20:30 EST, 14 January 2015

She already has a line of Skinnygirl alcohol.

And now Bethenny Frankel plans of creating a line of Skinnygirl marijuana, according to a Wednesday report from UsWeekly.

'It will be a specifically engineered strain of pot designed not to give you the munchies,' a source told the magazine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2910650/Bethenny-Frankel-steps-daughter-NYC-s-revealed-plans-launch-Skinnygirl-marijuana-states-cannabis-legal.html#ixzz3RL0APMfA

Drooling over the boots!
  • Love 1

Chris Hanson comes off as a bit of a tool in this clip.  He really does not like Bethenny.

http://www.eonline.com/news/635597/chris-harrison-slams-bethenny-frankel-i-didn-t-like-how-she-treated-her-dad-after-he-passed-away

I don't like her much either, but I think he stepped out of line here.  Anybody else?

He absolutely stepped out of line.

Bobby Frankel probably was a great friend to him, he probably was a great horse trainer but that by no means indicated what kind of a father he was.

Bruce Jenner was a better father to Kris' children than to his own children and that is part of the resentment Brody had against him. Brody's complain could have gotten a reply from Kloe (just an example) telling him that he is wrong because he was a great guy and an excellent father, same goes for Kendall or Kyle; yes indeed he was a great father for them but that was not Brody's experience. Nobody can measure their experience based on other people.

I read once an article about Mr. Frankel , I guess it was one of his employees or maybe one of his clients, do not remember clearly who, in that article he had nothing but praises for Bobby as a horse trainer, he truly was one of the best; however when it came to dealing with people that same person was clear about the fact that Bobby only showed real affection for his horses and everybody else was out of that circle.

Relationships between father-daughter, husband-wife, siblings, etc are unique. My own experience with my mother was very different than my sister's experience. By hearing us talk you might think we were raised by two completely different people but we were not, it just happened that we were raised by a woman in very different stages of her life so obviously that makes a difference. I can't call my sister a liar, the same way she can't call me one just because our experiences and recollections are different.

After many arguments pro and against we both have come to the conclusion that our experiences were different and that is why our relationship with our mother is completely different but we try not to let our relationship as sisters be affected by that even though at times it has. He should have kept his mouth shut.

• Love 5

Yeah, I think the logic that X was a great guy to work with, or a good friend, or even a good husband means that they were a good parent is naive. It's not the same thing. I've known people that walked out on their family, had no contact with their kids, and even refused to help out when asked and then went on get remarried and start a new family. Just because somebody seems nice to you doesn't mean they are good parents.

• Love 4

Chris Hanson comes off as a bit of a tool in this clip. He really does not like Bethenny.

http://www.eonline.com/news/635597/chris-harrison-slams-bethenny-frankel-i-didn-t-like-how-she-treated-her-dad-after-he-passed-away

I don't like her much either, but I think he stepped out of line here. Anybody else?

Ehhhh I don't know. If he didn't know the guy and was going off of the show only I'd say he was out of line. But since B had no problem making her dying father a part of her storyline (not to mention the raised by wolves reference we listened to ad nauseum for years basically bashing both parents) I think anything anyone else wants to tell is fair game. Her story isn't the only story to tell I guess when it comes to B's dad.

• Love 5

Her dad was probably tough, and private and not touchy feely. But he had MANY good personal and professional relationships in life. A full life.

My ex had good personal and professional relationships in life - even after he was arrested for domestic violence by the state of Illinois. That doesn't mean a thing. You may be right about Bethany, but this point doesn't prove a thing.

• Love 7

On the one on one with Andy.  Ok, I used to love Bethenny on RHNY.  I even liked her on her spinoff in the beginning.  And then I saw who she really is.  Tonight on WWHL I saw her trying to sell a bill of goods on why she came back to RHNY.  The truth is that she loves the celebrity.  The talk show failed.  There's nothing else to put her in a spotlight.  No, I don't think she needs the money but she likes the fame and she doesn't like how she was treated by the media throughout her divorce from Jason.  She's going to have a hard time rewinning all the fans she once had.

• Love 9

On the one on one with Andy.  Ok, I used to love Bethenny on RHNY.  I even liked her on her spinoff in the beginning.  And then I saw who she really is.  Tonight on WWHL I saw her trying to sell a bill of goods on why she came back to RHNY.  The truth is that she loves the celebrity

Well at least she admitted to loving reality TV! Didn't she say, in her own inimitable way, that when the cameras starting rolling, she realized she was comfortable, as she's "a reality TV star!" (Yes, that's what she called herself). I give her credit for that, but I also agree with you that she loves the spotlight, and she's anxious to rehab her post-Jason reputation. She seemed exactly the same to me, kind of a motormouth, kinda funny, but sort of manic, too.

• Love 6

She's going to have a hard time rewinning all the fans she once had.

I don't know about that … She didn't blame Jason for the divorce and didn't claim she went through hell being married to a Real Nice Guy … I remember when she was on Ellen's talk show (before she dissed Ellen for not supporting her show) and she kept saying (in essence), "Didn't I tell you and Portia all about the horrible times I had? Remember how I cried at your house?" She basically said on WWHL, look, it will hard for ANY man to be married to me! So I guess that, unlike Teresa Giudice, she actually TOOK the advice of her media handler … She also said that SHE didn't want Brynn to be on TV but we all know that Jason was the parent who refused. (Just like Simon Barney)

If I hadn't seen her destroy Jason (and especially his sweet parents) with her childish antics (not turning on the oven for Thanksgiving dinner), her hysterics over being on the boat during that storm and giving Jason like, 10 sq. feet of his own, in their penthouse apartment … I would probably really enjoy her. 

As it is, I will take the Rehabilitation of Bethenny with a grain of low-sodium Himalayan salt.

• Love 7

Who will we see on RHoNY? We probably won't see her home-given her co living situation w/Jason Hoppy. We won't see Brynn. She's not dating. I have a feeling we will be seeing the Skinnygirl car, Skinnygirl mentions, Bethenny talking about her business and her products, and interacting with the other ho's. This isn't The View. I don't want to see Merchandising Bethenny the Character interacting with other ho's. I wanna see Housewives, homes, lives, behind the hedges, in their lemon groves high overlooking Malibu with their see thru refrigerators and handfuls of vitamins for Lyme Brain! Take out Bethenny's home, and family and what is there? Her career. It already feels like she's cut out a lot of her "reality". If you're a reality star, self dubbed lets see REALITY.

I agree.  To me, Bethenny's only going on Housewives because she wants to make sure her brand doesn't suffer.  I'm real cynical and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she got married because she felt that could build her brand, make her seem softer.  She wants to be Martha Stewart but I don't see that happening.

• Love 6

I agree. To me, Bethenny's only going on Housewives because she wants to make sure her brand doesn't suffer. I'm real cynical and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she got married because she felt that could build her brand, make her seem softer. She wants to be Martha Stewart but I don't see that happening.

I caught literally like 30 seconds of her with Andy (about 28 too long) where she stated that SG has salad dressing coming out soon. My guess is this season will be about the NY women eating a lot of salad. No thanks, I'll pass.

• Love 3

I thought Bethenny handled herself really well on WWHL last night.  I'm excited to see her back.  In some ways, she was MADE for this kind of show, not much of a compliment maybe, ha.  Still, I've missed her quick wit, and skill in handling things.

Glad to hear she gets along so well with Carole. 

This should be good.

I wonder what housewife she's referring to about selling the BS stories to the tabloids?  I suspected Jill at first, but Bethenny specifically said they ran into each other and (can't remember, but it was positive.)

• Love 5

It depends. If she revealed things that were part of agreements that were sealed by a court she could be in trouble, but from what I've read she didn't seem to do that, of course if they're sealed we'd never know if she did anyway so that's a bit circular... he could also attempt a defamation action but again, that's likely a tough sell. 

• Love 1

I read that Bethenny insisted this one-on one WWHL with Andy be taped, not live, because she didn't want to be blindsided. Who knows if that's true, but if it is, it does illustrate her need for control, imo. Maybe she wanted her divorce atty to vet the Q and As?

The ways she twists and double twists the truth are masterful. She needs to add twisty pretzels to her skinnygirl product. line.

When she talks about respect being so important in a relationship, I can't help but laugh. When she announces that money is the root of all evil, I cringe. I think she went to the Goebbels/Rove School of Propaganda. -- even if you know you're lying, say whatever it takes to get the desired result. That's all that matters. The Truth is just an annoyance.

She worked hard to cultivate her image of underdog, poor, unloved and neglected child of horrible parents. Now, she will be damned if people continue to see Jason Hoppy as the wronged party in their marriage. She wants to be seen as the Victim, not the perpetrator. It's her shtick. In reality though, she's the biggest Perp of all. She needs her own Law and Order franchise to showcase all her supreme perpy-ness.

I think B and J must have an agreement not to talk about each other in public, for Bryn' s sake. Bethenny spoke in generalities tonight, but obviously she's referencing her own failed marriage. I think Jason's lawyers might complain that while Bethenny didn't violate the letter of their agreement, she did skirt the spirit of it. Their judge is a toughie.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9