Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think the point here is that it was very wrong for Bethenny to date/maybe talk engagement with Dennis because Dennis was *married* and that means he was pretty much a shitbag for not divorcing. But Jill having a boyfriend does not incur this "Hey maybe you should get *divorced* before you HAVE A BOYFRIEND" wrath. Hell, even as Jill was praised for "claiming" her husband and succoring her so very young children to her breast in their grief, as she was burying the love of her life, she was also given a high five for having that boyfriend at her side as she buried her beloved husband.

Is  Bethenny tacky for talking about the relationship? Yup although she is grieving and when its not Bethenny Frankel, people tend to get a lot of free passes on their behavior while grieving.

I'm sure everyone in Dennis's friend and family circle have had the "was it an accident? did I do something that triggered this?" conversation and to be honest, the big "Wow how awful for Dennis's family to hear that" moment was Ramona calling him a dumbass for using drugs.

Was Bethenny wrong to go to Dennis's funeral? Until someone in Dennis's immediate family says "we asked her not to come", no, she wasn't wrong. She was his friend and occasional lover and they clearly had a relationship. If Jill can weep publically how the love of her life is gone with her boyfriend on her arm and not be called tacky, then it seems like the bar is already super low. 

Excellent post!   Bethenny is a polarizing figure which makes her an easy target.    It's unfortunate but a reality.    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with her attending the funeral.    It's certainly not any more inappropriate than the estranged wife attending with her boyfriend.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
On 4/14/2019 at 6:02 PM, AnnA said:

It's certainly not any more inappropriate than the estranged wife attending with her boyfriend.

I think there's a profound difference between a couple agreeing to remain married on their own terms (shared finances, child-rearing, having long time companions, etc) and Frankel's current bid for attention: that a woman (who dumped the guy twice) can retroactively claim a secret engagment to a dead man as justification  for attending a family funeral. 

She should've just left it as wanting to mourn a dear friend instead of flaunting that silly ring and wearing it to custody court and donning widow's weeds online and off.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

This.

She’s a mother!  How can she not know this!?!

Right?  You'd think that would give her a fleeting sense of empathy - an awareness of how Dennis' kids might feel hearing their Dad possibly offed himself for love of Bethenny - and cause her (just this once) to keep something to herself.

And with this new twist -- Dennis leaving a spectral message on hotel stationery about how fabulous she looks --  I think we're seconds away from seeing a photo of herself and Ghost Dennis making pottery on instagram.  

ghost ghsot.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

And with this new spectral twist -- Dennis leaving messages on hotel stationery about how fabulous she looks --  I think we're seconds away from seeing a photo of herself and Ghost Dennis making pottery on instagram.  

I rely on all of you for my Instagram and Twitter info.  Is Bethenny serious? Dennis wrote her notes on hotel stationery? I’m 54 and have traveled a lot for work. I remember the days when there was hotel stationery and a hotel pen ready for me to use. That was years before cell phones, social media and many avenues for instant contact with another human.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Is Bethenny serious? Dennis wrote her notes on hotel stationery? I’m 54 and have traveled a lot for work. I remember the days when there was hotel stationery and a hotel pen ready for me to use. That was years before cell phones, social media and many avenues for instant contact with another human.

She thinks he wrote her a note about how spectacular she looks (that's Shield's big message from the afterlife!) when she was in Boston visiting her new boyfriend, right before she arrived at Bluestone Manor.

Or at least that's how she spins it to Dorinda on next week's show (clip right at the top);

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3937646

I have no idea what comes after (and have no issue with believing communication is possible - what we don't know is vast) but to put this out there as a cheap plot line on a reality tv show?  Jesus.  Let him rest in his grave, for god's sake. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, film noire said:

She thinks he wrote her a single note about how spectacular she looks (that's Shield's big message from the afterlife!) when she was in Boston visiting her new boyfriend, right before she arrived at Bluestone Manor.

Or at least that's how she spins it to Dorinda on next week's show (clip right at the top);

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3937646

I have no idea what comes after (and have no issue with believing communcation is possible - what we don't know is vast) but to put this out there as a cheap plot line on a reality tv show?  Jesus.  Let him rest in his grave, for god's sake. 

I think we misunderstood the clip. Dennis tweeted Beth from the great beyond, “u look hot.”

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I think there's a profound difference between a couple agreeing to remain married on their own terms (shared finances, childrearing, having long time companions, etc) and Frankel's current bid for attention --  that a woman (who dumped the guy twice) can retroactively claim a secret engagment to a dead man as justification for attending a family funeral. 

She should've just left it as wanting to mourn a dear frined, instead of flaunting that silly ring and wearing it to custody court and donning widow's weeds online and off.

Right?  You'd think that would give her a fleeting sense of empathy - an awareness of how Dennis' kids might feel hearing their Dad possibly offed himself for love of Bethenny - and cause her (just this once) to keep something to herself.

And with this new spectral twist -- Dennis leaving a message on hotel stationery about how fabulous she looks --  I think we're seconds away from seeing a photo of herself and Ghost Dennis making pottery on instagram.  

ghost ghsot.gif

With all the changes to this site, why didn’t they include a LOVE LOVE LOVE emoji? And I want to be able to tick that emoji AND the laugh emoji, not one or the other, dang it!

• Love 7
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dennis tweeted Beth from the great beyond, “u look hot.”

LOL

On 4/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, 65mickey said:

I did not see a picture of the current wife at the funeral. 

I think the last thing Jill Shields wanted was any media coverage of that day - she made that very clear in an Instagram post, about how awful it was having the paps at his grave:

“I tried to protect my children for three years from negative press…useless ratings – unfortunately at his gravesite their were paparazzi. My family is distraught – their anonymity is gone – four children have lost their dad - their father - their everything, forever. It’s a headline to most, a story that will be out of d rated news within two weeks – but for us, it’s forever and ever - it’s eternity- it’s our real life." 

https://realityblurb.com/2018/09/03/the-family-of-dennis-shields-start-opioid-addiction-foundation-in-his-honor-plus-wife-jill-says-family-is-distraught-over-his-passing/

"Protect my children" "Useless ratings" "D-rated news" "Our real life" that's not what you write if you were happy (or even just willing) to have a reality TV cast member graveside,  imo.  It's what you write when you feel anger and contempt about someone shoving in where they didn't belong, and in the process, poisoning the privacy of the mourners who did belong.  I think her comment fits in with all the tab stories (that Shields asked Frankel to not come if only to keep the paps away) and if nothing else, if I were Frankel, in the wake of Jill making it clear she loathed what my presence at the funeral created,  I'd keep a low profile --  I sure as hell wouldn't be waving around a dead married man's engagement ring, spirit messages, or lovesick suicide theories.

eta: anybody else notice Jill Shield's timeline?

She says protect my children for three years from negative publicity. But according to Bethenny,  she and Dennis started dating in late 2016, two years before he died  (so Jill would have then written "protect my children for two years from negative publicity").  Maybe Luann was right about the rumours  -- the affair really was with a "married" man because it began in 2015, when Dennis was still living at home with his wife and family. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's what you write when you feel anger and contempt for someone shoving in where they didn't belong, and in the process, poisoning the privacy and memories of the mourners who did belong. 

And when did she say she asked Bethenny not to attend? Because that would have cleared things up. If it was a real concern, she could have easily made her wishes known and very public and then Bethenny would have been the actual asshole in this for intentionally showing up to a funeral where she was told by the deceased ex-wife not to show her face. Show me Jill doing this and I am totally on board with agreeing that Bethenny shouldn't have gone. But... that didn't happen, and if Jill really feels that strongly, then she should have made it happen. Because at the end of the day, no one is going to point a lot of fingers at her for saying "Bethenny Frankel, I don't want you at my husband's funeral"

I find it hard to believe that anyone at that funeral was unaware of Dennis's separation from his wife, the reality that Dennis and Jill had not cohabitated in years, that Dennis was openly and publically dating and had a reasonably serious relationship with Bethenny Frankel. No one's memory of Dennis was shattered at the funeral by the sudden realization that he wasn't happily married to Jill.

Point - I have no idea how Dennis's family, including his children may have felt about this, but I do wonder how anyone would feel at a funeral where the deceased's ex showed up with her boyfriend in tow. I mean, what did Jill's kids think of that, Mommy honoring Daddy's memory with her long term boyfriend on her arm?

Personally I think barring a direct "don't come", Bethenny had every right to attend the funeral as she was indeed close to Dennis and Dennis was no longer in a committed monogamous relationship with his wife that he was separated from, as evidenced by her *boyfriend*.  If Jill had asked (and not maybe hinted or complained after the fact) for Bethenny to not attend, I would come down harder on Bethenny.

As near as I can tell, there are no reports of unusual or inappropriate or disrespectful behavior by Bethenny at the funeral from any outlet. She cried and there's a photo of it. I bet she wasn't the only one, she was just the only one with a tv show. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

And when did she say she asked Bethenny not to attend? Because that would have cleared things up. If it was a real concern, she could have easily made her wishes known and very public and then Bethenny would have been the actual asshole in this for intentionally showing up to a funeral where she was told by the deceased ex-wife not to show her face. Show me Jill doing this and I am totally on board with agreeing that Bethenny shouldn't have gone. But... that didn't happen, and if Jill really feels that strongly, then she should have made it happen. Because at the end of the day, no one is going to point a lot of fingers at her for saying "Bethenny Frankel, I don't want you at my husband's funeral"

I find it hard to believe that anyone at that funeral was unaware of Dennis's separation from his wife, the reality that Dennis and Jill had not cohabitated in years, that Dennis was openly and publically dating and had a reasonably serious relationship with Bethenny Frankel. No one's memory of Dennis was shattered at the funeral by the sudden realization that he wasn't happily married to Jill.

Point - I have no idea how Dennis's family, including his children may have felt about this, but I do wonder how anyone would feel at a funeral where the deceased's ex showed up with her boyfriend in tow. I mean, what did Jill's kids think of that, Mommy honoring Daddy's memory with her long term boyfriend on her arm?

Personally I think barring a direct "don't come", Bethenny had every right to attend the funeral as she was indeed close to Dennis and Dennis was no longer in a committed monogamous relationship with his wife that he was separated from, as evidenced by her *boyfriend*.  If Jill had asked (and not maybe hinted or complained after the fact) for Bethenny to not attend, I would come down harder on Bethenny.

As near as I can tell, there are no reports of unusual or inappropriate or disrespectful behavior by Bethenny at the funeral from any outlet. She cried and there's a photo of it. I bet she wasn't the only one, she was just the only one with a tv show. 

Of course she wasn't the only one who cried but likely the only one who turned from the grave so that her face was readily seen and photographed. As to needing to be told to stay away from the funeral as an adult I know where I am not welcome. I don't have to be told. The fact that we have seen photographs of Bethenny at the funeral coming and going from the funeral home and at the cemetery and as far as I can tell no pictures of Jill and her children says exactly why Bethenny should not have gone. As far as Bethenny's new story of Dennis sending her written notes from the beyond just to tell her how fabulous she looks there are no words to describe how desperate she is. Wonder he if contacted his children? Or wait it was Bethenny he couldn't live without. She has no shame. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

The fact that we have seen photographs of Bethenny at the funeral coming and going from the funeral home and at the cemetery and as far as I can tell no pictures of Jill and her children says exactly why Bethenny should not have gone.

I think we don't have pictures of Jill and the kids because dun dun DUN - Jill and the kids aren't the ones starring on a reality tv show thats been on for years.

As far as Bethenny's new story of Dennis sending her written notes from the beyond just to tell her how fabulous she looks there are no words to describe how desperate she is. Wonder he if contacted his children?

I'm sure the children of Dennis Shields aren't terribly hurt or concerned that their daddy isn't contacting them from beyond the grave.

As to needing to be told to stay away from the funeral as an adult I know where I am not welcome. I don't have to be told.

I believe Bethenny is routinely called rude etc and thats been going on for a while so yes, if it was actually important to Jill Shields that Bethenny not show up, she should have said something. It's a little rude for Jill to say to the media "I don't want my ex husband's lover at the funeral" but again, it's one of those things that people do understand.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think we don't have pictures of Jill and the kids because dun dun DUN - Jill and the kids aren't the ones starring on a reality tv show thats been on for years.

I'm sure the children of Dennis Shields aren't terribly hurt or concerned that their daddy isn't contacting them from beyond the grave.

I believe Bethenny is routinely called rude etc and thats been going on for a while so yes, if it was actually important to Jill Shields that Bethenny not show up, she should have said something. It's a little rude for Jill to say to the media "I don't want my ex husband's lover at the funeral" but again, it's one of those things that people do understand.

Your first sentence proves my point. Bethenny doesn't show up photographers leave.  She could have even issued a statement that though she loved and cared for Dennis out of respect for his family's privacy she was not going to attend the funeral. But that's not Bethenny. Why put the onus on his wife and children to request that Bethenny stay away.

She just can't let let it go and she? First he might have killed himself because he can't have her and now he is leaving notes in hotels telling her fabulous she looks. This just shows her inability to put anyone's feelings above her need to call attention to herself. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Why put the onus on his wife and children to request that Bethenny stay away.

I'm not the one who thinks she's a beast who would show up simply for press. If that was a genuine concern of Jill's. then Jill should have told Bethenny not to attend. At last checked, Jill "claimed" her ex husband as her beloved so yes, the onus was on Jill as Jill designated herself as the wife. You said it yourself, its not Bethenny to avoid the cameras - if Jill didn't want that, the onus was on Jill to make her wishes known.

8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

She just can't let let it go and she? First he might have killed himself because he can't have her and now he is leaving notes in hotels telling her fabulous she looks. This just shows her inability to put anyone's feelings above her need to call attention to herself. 

I give Bethenny's view that Dennis was writing notes to her from the grave all the importance I think it deserves. Which, fyi, isn't all that much. She's grieving. I think Dorinda summed it up well in that clip that grieving people see signs in all kinds of things. Hell, my own sibling was posting something similar this morning on facebook about our mom reaching out from beyond the grave to yell at her. 

9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Oh and Dennis was Jill's husband, estranged husband but not ex husband no matter how Bethenny spins this. He was a married man who Bethenny dated off and on. 

Sure. And THAT puts the onus on Jill to make it clear that she didn't want her husband's lover to attend his funeral. I actually have no problem with the idea of Jill not inviting Bethenny - she WAS the wife - but she did not tell Bethenny or anyone else that Bethenny was not welcome to attend. If she's going to play the wife card, estranged or not, she still actually has to tell Betheny to not show up. 

But funny how its not tacky for Jill to play the "We were just estranged! We were MARRIED! DENNIS WAS MYY BELOVED!" card all while her boyfriend tended her. Because they're not famous, it's not my business, but I do wonder how Jill's children felt about Jill's protests on how much she loved Dennis coupled with the new boyfriend attending their father's funeral. 

• Love 3

I don't have a problem with Bethenny attending the funeral, provided Dennis' family didn't ask her to stay away.  My problem with Bethenny being there is that nothing can be discrete.  Did she really need to have someone hold an umbrella for her?  And I am not saying that she shouldn't have another person go with her if she needed the moral support because obviously Dennis' death was sudden and shocking.  But she had to have another person attend to hold an umbrella over her so she was on full view to everyone in attendance, including the paparazzi.  If you are too upset to hold your own umbrella then perhaps your reaction to the situation will be too disruptive to others attending the funeral and you should consider staying home.  At that point, it becomes more about her than the person being buried.

• Love 8

I felt that Beth was in a poor position, and sympathized with how hard it would be to mourn a love of your life as an outsider of sorts to your beloved’s publicly acknowledged, legitimate life.   So I kind of feel you, Rap.   However, I also don’t see where or how Jill could have privately or publicly told Beth to stay away; Beth is quick, vicious, complains fast and furiously about any perceived slights on social media, and had already called one of her kids for backup during a Reunion show.   It’s not like the funeral was or could have been scheduled a ways out, when Jill or someone else might have thought of making that request, knowing that B is gonna B (the photo of her Grinch-face sobbing in full, perfect view of the photographers, is really pathetic.  It’s sad that so many people were not surprised at her behavior.  Maybe a bunch of viewers are being unfair to B; maybe she just lived down to expectation; maybe neither.   I wouldn’t even see that picture as I do now but for that therapy bit.  Damn.)

I also don’t see Jill as contemptible.  She’s not actually at this point “campaigning” as the mourning widow, or is she?   I just feel really uncomfortable with Bethenny’s claim he may have killed himself over her, the idea he’s giving her love notes from the great beyond...I mean, Jesus on a Triscuit.  How cruel and tacky even for an on-screen bucket pisser!

(My criticisms last summer were due to my overall disdain for women/wives, because real talk please,  who build pretty businesses like interior design firms on the kind of money Dennis’s afforded her, courtesy of his usurious, should be illegal, business practices.  Its a sick joke.  But I digress!)

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 11

Your first sentence proves my point. Bethenny doesn't show up photographers leave.  She could have even issued a statement that though she loved and cared for Dennis out of respect for his family's privacy she was not going to attend the funeral. But that's not Bethenny. Why put the onus on his wife and children to request that Bethenny stay away.

Or the photographers would stay the duration of the funeral to see if she makes an appearance. Why not call a spade and spade and put the blame where it belongs? On the people who are stalking funerals in order to profit on photographic evidence of someone's presence and grief? Bethenny made a decision with putting herself on TV, and Dennis made a decision when he entered her life knowing that about her.  She was someone important to him and her attending his funeral is just as much for herself as it is paying respect to someone who would have likely wanted her there. Why should that be overlooked? The funeral is about commemorating and giving last rights to the DECEASED. The dead should be honoured by having all of those who they love present (if they wish) at their funeral to say their final goodbye.  Believing the worst from Bethenny doesn't change the fact that she has a reason to grieve, she had a reason to be there and those facts are based out of her relationship with Dennis.

Bethenny does have an over the top personality and she does process things in a very selfish way. She's so concentrated on her own feelings and her mouth works faster than her brain can think and so I think it's very easy for her to come across poorly (both intentionally and unintentionally). I don't mind her talking about her grief and losing Dennis so unexpectedly but I don't like her stressing that he gave her a ring and she's going around wearing it - she only put it on because he died. I don't like that she's bringing on a professional to talk about her grief on air as an attempt to validate her desire to move on without guilt. I don't like that she's airing all of these insecurities about how she may have been the reason he died. I think it's natural for the living to question if there's more that they could have done to prevent the outcome, but I think some modicum of respect should be shown to others that are trying to survive his passing. His funeral may have been about him, but all of her actions now should take into consideration his children and I think she's too caught up in her own pity party to think about anyone but herself.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'm not the one who thinks she's a beast who would show up simply for press. If that was a genuine concern of Jill's. then Jill should have told Bethenny not to attend. At last checked, Jill "claimed" her ex husband as her beloved so yes, the onus was on Jill as Jill designated herself as the wife. You said it yourself, its not Bethenny to avoid the cameras - if Jill didn't want that, the onus was on Jill to make her wishes known.

I give Bethenny's view that Dennis was writing notes to her from the grave all the importance I think it deserves. Which, fyi, isn't all that much. She's grieving. I think Dorinda summed it up well in that clip that grieving people see signs in all kinds of things. Hell, my own sibling was posting something similar this morning on facebook about our mom reaching out from beyond the grave to yell at her. 

Sure. And THAT puts the onus on Jill to make it clear that she didn't want her husband's lover to attend his funeral. I actually have no problem with the idea of Jill not inviting Bethenny - she WAS the wife - but she did not tell Bethenny or anyone else that Bethenny was not welcome to attend. If she's going to play the wife card, estranged or not, she still actually has to tell Betheny to not show up. 

But funny how its not tacky for Jill to play the "We were just estranged! We were MARRIED! DENNIS WAS MYY BELOVED!" card all while her boyfriend tended her. Because they're not famous, it's not my business, but I do wonder how Jill's children felt about Jill's protests on how much she loved Dennis coupled with the new boyfriend attending their father's funeral. 

I'd say her adult children were probably grateful their mother had that emotional support with her to mourn the father of her children.

If you want to play the she's a thoughtless whore card about B, Jill must be empress whore to bring her boyfriend to her husbands funeral. How dare Jill flaunt those her immoral, relationship., they were still legally married. Would someone please think of the children?!!!! Her poor impressionable kids. Seeing their mother while it up like that. Jill's kids must hate her and be ashamed of her. I mean she was still legally married to their father! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why put the onus on his wife and children to request that Bethenny stay away.

And - between the tone of Jill Shield's Insta post & media reports - I think it's clear Shields asked, and was rebuffed: 

"According to In Touch Weekly magazine, Shields’ estranged wife, Jill, respectfully requested the Real Housewives of New York City star stay away from the service because “she didn’t want it to be a media event.” However, because of her closeness to Shields, Frankel refused to stay away." 

https://www.inquisitr.com/5037161/dennis-shields-wife-asked-bethenny-frankel-not-to-attend-his-funeral-reports-in-touch-weekly/

If Shields actually wanted Frankel at the grave,  I think she would've made it clear that In Touch Weekly was wrong & and no request was ever made for Frankel to stay away. 

She could have even issued a statement that though she loved and cared for Dennis out of respect for his family's privacy she was not going to attend the funeral. 

I agree.

And at the very least, I think Frankel should've split the difference in favor of the family - go to the service (meeting her own needs) but let the paps know she would not be attending his interment, giving his family the space to bury him privately.  That would have allowed her to say goodbye to Dennis without turning his burial into a paparazzi circus. 

But then there'd be no photo of Frankel sobbing graveside.  So.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, film noire said:

But then there'd be no photo of Frankel sobbing graveside.  So.

It isn't as if his grave was going anywhere.  She could have also just visited it after the graveside service or the next day when no one else would be there to mourn him.  Still could have gotten her graveside mourning photo op but spared the rest of Dennis' family and friends being subjected to the paparazzi.  Honestly, that probably would have garnered her more sympathy for going alone and not as a part of his service.

Edited by smeds
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, film noire said:

And - between the tone of Jill Shield's Insta post & media reports - I think it's clear Shields asked, and was rebuffed: 

"According to In Touch Weekly magazine, Shields’ estranged wife, Jill, respectfully requested the Real Housewives of New York City star stay away from the service because “she didn’t want it to be a media event.” However, because of her closeness to Shields, Frankel refused to stay away." 

Yup, I've seen this. Reading the full article reveals that this is not actually an interview with Jill, and there are no direct quotes from Jill in this article. The person who said this is an "unnamed insider" which grants it little to no factual value at all. I mean, I *could be that unnamed insider* for all we know. I'm not, btw. 😉 

Jill had paps swirling, and there's nothing offensive in this reveal (if it happened) so there's really no reason why the source of this tidbit has to be hidden. And Jill wins the war if she tells the press she told Bethenny to stay away and Bethenny refused, and I honestly don't see Jill sparing Bethenny's feelings on this point as she was pretty sharp in replying to strangers who said mean things about Dennis when she announced her charity in his name. As it is, this is hilariously the Inquisitar reporting what Intouch Weekly is saying that some unnamed "insider" told them. 

eta - Since Jill isn't being quoted, Jill has no reason to say anything to correct either the Inquister or InTouch Weekly. She didn't say it, and they didn't say that she *did* say it. She may also not really mind if people think she wasn't happy about it, I mean, at last check, no love lost between Jill and Beth. More seriously I also suspect that Jill probably isn't dwelling in bitterness to where she would feel the need.

6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'd say her adult children were probably grateful their mother had that emotional support with her to mourn the father of her children.

Probably. It's just at odds with how very wrong Bethenny is to see anyone after Dennis's death.

6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

If you want to play the she's a thoughtless whore card about B, Jill must be empress whore to bring her boyfriend to her husbands funeral. How dare Jill flaunt those her immoral, relationship., they were still legally married. Would someone please think of the children?!!!! Her poor impressionable kids. Seeing their mother while it up like that. Jill's kids must hate her and be ashamed of her. I mean she was still legally married to their father! 

In fairness, while I don't feel this harshly towards Jill, every word of this is true. 

I don't feel this harshly because I think Dennis and Jill were effectively divorced years ago, they just never finalized the paperwork. That's why the idea that Jill WAS THE WIFE isn't holding much credence to me. They were both in completely separate relationships, whatever their reasons were for staying married were, they certainly weren't living as a married couple or even attempting to reconcile their differences. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

His funeral may have been about him, but all of her actions now should take into consideration his children and I think she's too caught up in her own pity party to think about anyone but herself.

This is and always will be the essence of Bethenny. It's always HER. She is the victim, even when the real victim is deceased, and when the other victims are the children of the deceased. She is horrid.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This is and always will be the essence of Bethenny. It's always HER. She is the victim, even when the real victim is deceased, and when the other victims are the children of the deceased. She is horrid.

Bethenny had a fucked up childhood. It doesn't seem like she won the parents lottery and from my understanding, she's been in therapy for a long time. I wonder if maybe all of that therapy has done a disservice to her ego because she's constantly being asked to talk about herself, her experiences and her feelings. Maybe she's projecting therapy out into the real world and feeding her narcissism because she's been convinced that that is what's healthy for her - physically, emotionally and psychologically. Therapy is supposed to teach you to how cope in the real world and it's possible that Bethenny's unfortunate takeaway is to treat everything like a therapy session - it's all about 'me, me, me, me, me'.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

1) The sum of ALL of this funeral participation is the deep dark black mark in her about the rejection of her parents and no healthy closure. Bethenny needs 3x a week intensive therapy for years on this if she wants any chance of happiness. That will be $300 Bethenny mail it to me from the allergy clinic.

2) Dennis' children are young adults/children and that is young to lose their father, it's such an impressionable time at that age in today's world. I stick by the fact that they are children, too young for this. They are not so very young children but they are children losing a parent while they are relatively young. I know something about this personally. It sucks. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If blubbering on social media and blaming everyone/thing for your troubles were an olympic sport, this would be Bethenny's chief rival for the gold medal: 

Oh come on! Brandi wins the Gold!

So much going on there with her face. Did she have a stroke?

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 2
On 4/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, 65mickey said:

First he might have killed himself because he can't have her and now he is leaving notes in hotels telling her fabulous she looks.

But, by her account, she did look great that day.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Do we know when Dennis started experiencing back pain and began using pain meds?

I am wondering if Dennis and Jill had a very good marriage until he started misusing the meds. She told him that he needed to get that under control so that he could be a true partner in the marriage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do we know when Dennis started experiencing back pain and began using pain meds?

I am wondering if Dennis and Jill had a very good marriage until he started misusing the meds. She told him that he needed to get that under control so that he could be a true partner in the marriage. 

I've always suspected that this is why Jill and Dennis separated.  I believe Dennis had the back surgery in 2015.  He and Jill separated in 2016.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I've always suspected that this is why Jill and Dennis separated.  I believe Dennis had the back surgery in 2015.  He and Jill separated in 2016.

If that is what happened, Jill is looking more and more like a shit person.  She didn't give it much time to get better, get help, help him. I know I exaggerated how bad it was, Jill bringing her boyfriend to her husband's funeral, because they were clearly divorced in all but paper, but she had to bring her boyfriend to the funeral? Tacky and heartless to her kids.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

You may be right about that -- Frankel  said under oath (in the custody case this last March) that her "sexual and romantic relationship" with Dennis began "three to four years ago" so the timeline is actually 2015, not 2016. So Dennis and Frankel were involved romantically as far back as 2015, before Jill and Dennis separated. 

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

If that is what happened, Jill is looking more and more like a shit person. She didn't give it much time to get better, get help, help him. 

If drugs were the issue, I don't blame Jill for drawing a line in the sand. Nobody can save an addict but themselves & it wasn't Jill's job (or Bethenny's for that matter) to save Dennis.  Plus, if he was cheating on Jill, perhaps (between his addiction and infidelity) Jill thought he was in too deep to be reached through couples counseling.   Whatever happened, I think a woman choosing to not  live with an addict is making a smart decision - too many women feel morally obligated to save an addict, damaging themselves and their kids in the process. 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 4/14/2019 at 3:17 AM, geauxaway said:

Did anyone know or care about Dennis Shields before he dated Bethenny?  Nope!  I mean I’m guessing his kids did.  Ergo, SHE (B) brought on the paps attraction.  It’s sickening to me, that his children even had to have this in their life.  And yep, Jill has a BF.  Is she engaged to him??  YOU CANNOT MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS ALREADY MARRIED.  

He was a big boy. He knew what was going to happen. She's not subtle.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He was a big boy. He knew what was going to happen. She's not subtle.

You are 100% correct!  But he is dead now.  I do believe she probably fell in line about certain things with him in the public eye when he was alive.  She seems to have gone WFO now, with no thought about how it affects his kids.

If this was Lu or Ramona in B’s shoes, I cannot even imagine the opinions she would offer.  This is a girl who lives in black and white, absolutes, has no filter or regard for how her words come across.  I just don’t believe she would be OK and sympathetic if anyone else was acting the way she currently is.  God forbid the roles were completely reversed and Jason was B, with a dead from OD legally but not emotionally married GF and now already fucking another woman.  All of whom Brynn has spent time with.  #freebrynn

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Brynn "knows him, loves him".  

This actually makes my gut hurt for this kid.  A delusional mother who is a serial girlfriend.  She doesn't stand a chance.

bethenny-frankel-boyfriend-love-life-update

I suppose that this guy is just another one to Bryn.

Bethenny cannot sustain a healthy relationship. On and off with Dennis, until he had to die in order for her to "get off the ride". 

She and Russ were "madly in love" (LOL) until she "just phased out, just disappeared" because Dennis came swooping back in. 

What about the guy who walked out of the shower? Did she know him, love him?

You are right about Bryn. It's going to be difficult for her to bond with any of these guys. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This actually makes my gut hurt for this kid.  A delusional mother who is a serial girlfriend.  She doesn't stand a chance.

Especially when said mother is trying to get rid of the one male who has been a constant in her life, Jason. 

I hope Brynn has a lot of sleepovers at her friends' houses so she has an idea of what less dysfunctional families are like.

• Love 18

“Bryn, this is Mommy’s current chew toy. Isn’t he spectacular? Embrace him, bond with him. Get used to him being in your life.

”No, Bryn. We aren’t going to spend time with that guy anymore. He’s an a- - h- - -. He was using drugs. He was using me. He disagreed with me. He didn’t worship me. Another man started courting and wooing me. Another man is totally in love with me. I want you to bond with this guy now.”

Lather, blah, blah. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I don't quite know what to make of this.  I mean, we all know how well she succeeded with the Bethenny/Fredrik deal. Who does she think she's kidding?

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2019/04/19/bethenny-frankel-mark-burnett-production-deal-details-exclusive/23714159/

Burnett sees something that I don't necessarily see.  The RHONY thing has been successful, I won't deny that her participation seems to make a difference there, ratings wise, though there is some evidence that the bloom is drying up on that rose, maybe.  The Bethenny Ever After thing got derailed by the "ever after" part, so who knows where that would have gone.  The experiment with Fredrik flatlined, I believe, because too.much.Bethenny.  I've seen her a couple of times on Shark Tank, and well, I don't see that as a vehicle that will make a difference to her brand (wouldn't you just love to hear her utter that phrase a couple of hundred more times).  I don't believe that she can carry a show when not part of a larger ensemble, and perhaps that is what will be at play with one or more of these.

We'll see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

make a difference there, ratings wise, though there is some evidence that the bloom i

They have declined since her return.  I am not suggesting she is to blame for that decline but her return didn’t improve the ratings.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 4/20/2019 at 6:08 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Every time there's a new boyfriend immediately brought into Bryn's world, I think of Christina Crawford's line in Mommy Dearest* "I make all my uncles their drinks."

I think the custody hearing caused Frankel to change her public story, and suddenly move to "Sorta engaged" (her court testimony) from "We were totes engaged!" (as she told Dorinda - and the media - and the world) b/c the custody agreement includes a (sane) clause about not introducing new partners right away (which Frankel broke re: Bernon and Bryn) and informing the other partner of plans to move in or get married (which she did not do when she supposedly accepted Dennis' proposal).  Also, given Dennis died from an OD, his presence as an engaged stepfather-to-be creates questions about her parental judgement that disappear, imo,  if he's just some lovelorn guy she was kindly not outright rejecting, choosing instead to gently dodge his proposal until he lived up to her high standards & personal example of emotional health and stability.

*paging @Barbara Please  ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 4/20/2019 at 6:08 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

It is laughable considering Bethenny's sob story about her growing up on the backside of the track where her mom had a revolving door of bad boyfriends. Bethenny needs to wake the fuck up she is just repeating the cycle. Eating disordered ... alcohol.... drugs...  

• Love 13

The constant analysis and judgement about Bethenny and her relationship with Dennis is fascinating to me. To me, there are so many questions because we actually know so little. As much as Bethenny has taken the opportunity to give details on all matter of topics, she hasn't really gone deep with regard to Dennis and his marriage. We have zero idea what was happening with Dennis and Jill. Don't know who wanted the separation. Don't know why they didn't divorce. We don't know because the actual parties involved kept it all quiet. We don't know how the the kids feel about Bethenny, but from what little we do have gotten a glimpse of, they seem OK with her. And since he seemed to love her, certainly she should have felt welcomed at his funeral. 

And if they are not, how on earth would this be Bethenny's fault? She was the one on a reality show when he began dating her, while he was still married to their mother. She is a loud, publicity loving person. This is hardly shocking to anyone. Yet he apparently loved her, wanted to be in her life and even appeared on her show. On the same show where she will share her emotions and feelings, per usual, but has seemed to work hard to not divulge anything confidential about Dennis, Jill, or the dynamics involved in their marriage. Even if doing so might help her escape some criticism. You know she knows lots of stuff. 

• Love 7

This was brought up on the episode thread but I think it's more appropriate to discuss Beth attending Dennis' funeral here.  How do we know that Jill's boyfriend attended the funeral?  I did a quick google and couldn't find anything about him being there.  I may be wrong.  Does anyone have a credible link?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Moved from the epsiode thread to here, because Denise Richards is likely off topic in the ep thread.

@TV Diva Queen

I’m not seeing Denise Richards being called a whore over in the BH page. She was living with a married man. She got married to him a week after his divorce from Nicole Sheridan was final. It happens. 

I don't see any similarity between the two women & their situations.  Denise and BD (Big Dick :) got together after he left Nicolette,  whereas Frankel and Dennis started sleeping together earlier (2015) than Frankel previously admitted (per her own testimony about the timeline of her relationship with Shields in the custody case). 2015 is well before Dennis left his wife and kids (so Luann was right  -- Bethenny was seeing a married man who was not separated from his wife). 

And (to my knowledge) Nicolette Sheridan has never leaked to the press that Denise was not wanted at an important family event; never posted thinly-veiled instagram attacks taking aim at Denise (as Shields did with Frankel). And I'm pretty sure if Nicolette Sheridan made it clear she disliked Denise Richards as much as Jill Shields seems to dislike Frankel, and posted comments reinforcing a special bond with her husband (“Even though we did not live together, you still remained my best friend and my husband. Not many people were able to grasp our situation but it worked for us.") then Richards would be facing a fuckton of sideye & speculation, especially if Denise (as Frankel  has done) lied about every facet of the relationship, from cradle to grave.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

I feel like I am missing tons of posts because the only ones I have seen that use Bethenny and whore together are people saying they are sick of seeing it from other people but no one calling her a whore.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11