Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I don’t care if her allergy is real or fake, but I really am not in for umpteen seasons of RH of Bethenny on her death bed of fish fumes.   I do think in my opinion that she is paranoid of death due to Dennis’ untimely death.   Compounded with her previous neuroses, it tracks.  

Now, how does Ms. B continue on with her worldly jet setting life with her terminal issues?  Stay tuned...!!!! 🚫🐟

I agree. A season of watching Bethenny sit around, moping, taking sick-bed selfies a la RHOBH Yolanda, and making her poor driver listen to and clean up after her illness, isn’t my idea of fun. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 15
On 1/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, 918lux said:

I feel like she willingly put herself in the situation when she had so many avenues to discover what was being served and remove herself.

Edited by artisto
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Heheh I think she's had a health scare and is now equating everything to it when the ahem, obvious change in vision issue is likely that she's getting older.

Much like Lemon Lyme thought ALL of her symptoms were from Lyme disease and not Lyme disease, the side effects of her many arcane treaments, and MENOPAUSE.

• Love 14
On 1/9/2019 at 2:41 PM, Mrs peel said:

Thanks for that article, interesting that it mentions the airborne danger as due to "For instance, allergic persons who are exquisitely sensitive to fish or shellfish can react to tiny aerosolized proteins that float in the air when seafood is being fried, steamed or boiled. There may be an increased risk of this in seafood restaurants where large quantities are being prepared and served piping hot." (article language in quotes).  Interesting that the problem seems to be during food preparation, and on the plane the food would be heated up while covered and in a sealed microwave.  So I'm not sure how much airborne danger there really is for fish.

I agree with others that allergies can get worse over time (my allergy to dogs certainly has!), and perhaps that's what's happening with B, though I fall on the suspicious side of anything she says.  I'm also surprised no one else from the plane has apparently commented on the situation, since I doubt B was whispering her concerns while on the plane.  That too makes me suspicious of the story.

If she or her assistant called once or multiple times, my guess is the airline thought they dealt with the concern by having a special "non-fish" alternate meal for her (like they used to do veggie or Kosher meals in steerage).  I'm not familiar with the joys of flying first class, but don't they have at least 2 meal options?

She went on this flight right after the poor boy died in Brooklyn who was also a severe asthmatic. His family was frying salt cod in oil in the apartment. He was having a bad asthma attack- they had an at home nebulizer. Frying oil carries everywhere in the air and they haven't determined if it was an allergic reaction that killed the boy. Bethenny's allergic reaction in Boston was from drinking a fish based broth. Based on the Insta-sleuth above, it seems she ingests fish, and we have seen her around fish all the time at sushi restaurants/trips - where she first met Jules 2 seasons ago. She never worries about cross contamination of touching items that may have fish on it. She seems to be lax about her allergy precautions until she's not. 

• Love 10
On 1/13/2019 at 1:21 AM, ivygirl said:

I agree. A season of watching Bethenny sit around, moping, taking sick-bed selfies a la RHOBH Yolanda, and making her poor driver listen to and clean up after her illness, isn’t my idea of fun. 

I was just going to crack wise that she should get herself a nice RV. But you don’t want a driver behind the wheel of a 45-foot rig distracted by bloody pillows, so, there goes that idea.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Geez I just read a list of the housewives according to wealth —- life is not fair. Carol is  even worth 50 million, Beth 25 million. 

Is it possible to pin this permanently: "Carole is NOT worth anything near $50 million."

The original analysis, which is reprinted all over the internet with an unbelievable amount of carelessness, fundamentally fails to consider that all of the Radziwill lands, castles, and property were seized by the Polish communist government and repurposed as schools, hospitals, government offices, and military buildings during World War II. Furthermore, Carole's father-in-law famously died $30 million in debt and had nothing to pass along to his children. Carole's mother-in-law is a famously self-absorbed spendthrift who had a bit of a drinking problem. Any money Anthony and Tina, Anthony's sister, inherited from Jackie O was because she knew how Lee was. Jackie started saving money when Anthony was young to pay for his schooling because Lee certainly hadn't and didn't save that money. Jackie left him $500K.

All of this is to say, Carole has refuted this $50 million claim many times over. Her apartment is paid for and is worth about $3.5 million. I figure with cash, savings, stocks, bonds, and other random other property and whatnot that she's worth between $5 - $6 million total. Not bad, but not $50 million.

Twenty-five million for Bethenny sounds about right. It seems a bit low, but not by much.

• Love 12

HunterHunted yes the article  popped up on a page and I read through it shocked that some who were crap people in NJ were so wealthy , many I didn’t know because I don’t watch them all.  Since I have memory retention of 3 seconds I tried to find the article again ( couldn’t) and that amount is given many times. Trust me I was scratching my head with the wealth of them I can’t figure out why they would be on the any of these shows. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

HunterHunted yes the article  popped up on a page and I read through it shocked that some who were crap people in NJ were so wealthy , many I didn’t know because I don’t watch them all.  Since I have memory retention of 3 seconds I tried to find the article again ( couldn’t) and that amount is given many times. Trust me I was scratching my head with the wealth of them I can’t figure out why they would be on the any of these shows. 

Beverly Hills has always been the big confounder. There were and are some seriously rich people in that cast. Viewers had no clue who Lisa Vanderpump was, but it was clear that she was quite wealthy and wanted to promote her restaurants. Kyle and Mauricio were fairly well off; it seemed equally likely that they were on to promote Mauricio's real estate career or restart Kyle's acting career. And before we realized that Kelsey was using the show as a mechanism to kick Camille to the curb, everyone was perplexed why she was on the show. Adrienne and tha Maloofs were worth more than a billion dollars of real money, not bullshit housewife money. Beverly Hills has had some fraudsters, but they've also had Yolanda, Joyce, and Carlton and David Gebbia who had some change.

• Love 7
On 1/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, jinjer said:

She went on this flight right after the poor boy died in Brooklyn who was also a severe asthmatic. His family was frying salt cod in oil in the apartment. He was having a bad asthma attack- they had an at home nebulizer. Frying oil carries everywhere in the air and they haven't determined if it was an allergic reaction that killed the boy. Bethenny's allergic reaction in Boston was from drinking a fish based broth. Based on the Insta-sleuth above, it seems she ingests fish, and we have seen her around fish all the time at sushi restaurants/trips - where she first met Jules 2 seasons ago. She never worries about cross contamination of touching items that may have fish on it. She seems to be lax about her allergy precautions until she's not. 

Many allergies get worse. I don't think she made herself sick enough to stay on the hospital more than a day with her last scare. You have to be pretty bad to be let to stay in a hospital multiple days. You can be sure if I we're in her situation on the plane, I would have asked to get off too. I think anyone's life is more valuable than anyone's inconvenience.

• Love 3

Bethenny is now on a crusade to stop fish from being served on flights.

I get it. It’s serious. But notice how she didn’t care until it was about her? She doesn’t seem to care about people who suffer from other Big-8 allergy... nope, it’s just all about Bethenny. She even claims that peanuts are NOT airborne—which is garbage, because a) I know for a fact they are, and b) my tree nut allergy is airborne too. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Bethenny is now on a crusade to stop fish from being served on flights.

I get it. It’s serious. But notice how she didn’t care until it was about her? She doesn’t seem to care about people who suffer from other Big-8 allergy... nope, it’s just all about Bethenny. She even claims that peanuts are NOT airborne—which is garbage, because a) I know for a fact they are, and b) my tree nut allergy is airborne too. 

She's a self-absorbed trick.  I would expect nothing else.  #ThisIsA(n)AllergyCrisis

• Love 16
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's a self-absorbed trick.  I would expect nothing else.  #ThisIsA(n)AllergyCrisis

But usually her self-absorption doesn’t impact others’ lives and health (because you know some people will insist “Bethenny said it! It’s true!”), so this denial is next level. 

#NutACrisis

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I'm so not arguing her interest in the cause of allergies is motivated by self interest but....

Point me to the crusading parents demanding schools be peanut free who *don't have* peanut allergy kids.

Do we pointedly ask parents with peanut allergy kids why didn't they give a shit before? I mean, do we do that? Demand someone explain why they were a callous uncaring asshole when the problem didn't affect them directly? I mean, do not get me wrong, I'd love to see some crusading parent be pointedly asked "isn't this a thing you didn't care about until your child was directly affected and until then if it was someone else's kid, you couldn't care less if everyone smeared peanut butter on everything at school?"

Self interest is a great motivator. If Betheny wants to crusade on behalf of allergy sufferers, honestly, who is she hurting here?

* For the record, I had always been told peanut allergies were not airborne and it wasn't Bethenny Frankel who told me that, it was articles like this one

https://mkfa.info/blog/peanuts-on-planes-the-myth-of-airborne-allergens

Now personally, I am always respectful of nut free zones - my church for example went nut free on behalf of someone's unnamed child - but there's a lot of scientific studies, and not just Bethenny Frankel, who believe peanut allergies aren't airborne

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Self interest is a great motivator. If Betheny wants to crusade on behalf of allergy sufferers, honestly, who is she hurting here?

Aside from the fact that I do know people who care about this who aren’t personally affected.... she certainly shouldn’t be making FALSE and/or uninformed statements about other life-threatening allergies to make her own sound more desperate. That COULD hurt people. There’s enough misunderstanding about allergy—we don’t need Bethenny adding her own misguided ideas to the pile. 

ETA: She’s not much of an advocate if she ignores dozens of people who try to correct her about the severity of other allergies.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

#ThisIsA(n)AllergyCrisis

16 hours ago, geauxaway said:

#fishisacrisis

15 hours ago, ivygirl said:

#NutACrisis

LOL x 3!

#nofinnygirl

~i'll show myself out

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL x 3!

#nofinnygirl

~i'll show myself out

Love Jimmy Buffet, everybody sing along:

"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around
You got fins to the left, fins to the right
And you're the only bait in town"

• Love 7
5 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL x 3!

#nofinnygirl

~i'll show myself out

Well done madam. 

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Love Jimmy Buffet, everybody sing along:

"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around
You got fins to the left, fins to the right
And you're the only bait in town"

Well played!

• Love 4

What the heck is going on here? I thought she had the allergic reaction at a restaurant? It was actually at her boyfriends. He gave her miso soup in a to go cup? He left the room? Came back and managed to get a Benadryl down her throat? How do you get a Benadryl down the throat of an unconscious person?

This makes zero sense. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/30/bethenny-frankel-doesnt-want-to-be-alone-after-allergic-reaction/

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

What the heck is going on here? I thought she had the allergic reaction at a restaurant? It was actually at her boyfriends. He gave her miso soup in a to go cup? He left the room? Came back and managed to get a Benadryl down her throat? How do you get a Benadryl down the throat of an unconscious person.

This makes zero sense. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/30/bethenny-frankel-doesnt-want-to-be-alone-after-allergic-reaction/

It was a plane flight, right?  Ohhh, wait, it's the roulette wheel o'finnyfish.

• Love 3

It's really not that hard. She's prone to anxiety to begin with and while people are suggesting she is lying, by all reports she was hospitalized due to an allergic reaction that occurred *in a restaurant*. Now she's feeling anxiety over the idea of what happens if she's eating alone and there's no one there to call 911. 

My suggestion would be for her to get some therepy. It's called post traumatic stress, and it happens. At last check, we all have to cluck and nod sympathetically because Luann "not alcoholism" drinking problem is due to the stress she feels from a car accident that occurred about 20 years ago where no one was seriously hurt, so I'm not sure why it's inconceivable Bethenny might have some issues. An emergency hospitalization IS stressful. I personally think the wiser move isn't to throw herself at the issue but I don't find it implausible that this event might trigger some anxiety, especially when coupled with her age and awareness of her own pending lack of immortality. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Looks like Dr. Oz isn't really buying it. The people in the audience look a bit skeptical too. 

I didn't see any skepticism from Dr. Oz or the audience.  He was his usual overly-earnest self, intensely focusing his attention on his guest in an attempt to create the illusion that what they are saying is actually interesting. To the extent the audience members shown had any reaction at all, they looked like they were mildly bored to me. 

Dr. Oz pointing out that miso soup doesn't usually have fish in it didn't seem like an expression of doubt about Bethenny's story in my opinion. I think he was just playing at being a journalist, emphasizing the unexpected twist in the series of events that lead to all the drama.  He doubtlessly knew all the details of her story before she ever walked out on stage ... I'm sure he didn't invite her to appear so he could expose her as a fish allergy fraudster, lol.  That kind of thing is Dr. Phil's schtick, not Dr. Oz's.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

At last check, we all have to cluck and nod sympathetically because Luann "not alcoholism" drinking problem is due to the stress she feels from a car accident that occurred about 20 years ago where no one was seriously hurt, so I'm not sure why it's inconceivable Bethenny might have some issues. 

But ... but ... Luann is such a delicate dew drop, while Bethenny is ... Bethenny. You're not suggesting the same rules be applied to BOTH of them, are you?  That's insanity!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

What the heck is going on here? I thought she had the allergic reaction at a restaurant? It was actually at her boyfriends. He gave her miso soup in a to go cup? He left the room? Came back and managed to get a Benadryl down her throat? How do you get a Benadryl down the throat of an unconscious person?

This makes zero sense. 

I call bullshit. A pill is going to take more than 15 minutes to start working.

If he could even get it down her throat, which is questionable.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

Don’t you mean something sounds...

Fishy?

I’ll show myself out...

LOL

She's made a krilling telling tall tales....

~pushing past ivy girl to get out first ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL

She's made a krilling telling tall tales....

~pushing past ivy girl to get out first ; )

She’ll keep carping on this until she moves on to the next thing! ;)

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I call bullshit. A pill is going to take more than 15 minutes to start working.

If he could even get it down her throat, which is questionable.

There were medics there. I'm going to take an educated guess and say the maybe medics treated her with a shot. She sounded fuzzy about the details, which seems reasonable to me. But I don't think she faked it.

• Love 6

She didn't fake it  unless the hospital she says she stayed at is ok with her publically lying about being admitted in the ER and in the ICU. Also, for Bethenny to get away with this lie, every single reporter of this story is either lying or is so incompetent that they didn't do any follow up at all. Since parties involved like the hospital, and Bethenny, and Bethenny's guy can sue if a completely false story is given to the public, I think it's fair to say Bethenny was indeed hospitalized recently for the fish allergy.

It's honestly too easily proven a lie for someone to have not already checked it out. I mean, shit really, you think Dr. Oz doesn't have staff research check into this?

• Love 8

There is no way to do background checks or investigate anyone's medical information due to privacy laws. Any hospital or doctor would never be able to comment at all.

Anyhow, with her without her allergy problems, she is still insufferable and starved for attention.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

There is no way to do background checks or investigate anyone's medical information due to privacy laws. Any hospital or doctor would never be able to comment at all.

Not true. A person can waive HIPAA's privacy provisions any time they want to and allow their medical information to be shared for some reason. It's done every day when someone wants another doctor or their attorney or a family member to have access to certain information in their medical file. Bethenny could easily grant Dr. Oz similar permission if she chose.

Actually, I would guess that many of Dr. Oz's guests waive their right to medical privacy in order to allow him access to their records so he can understand their case and discuss it on his show. So it's something he is probably very familiar with and would have had no problem requiring of Bethenny if he had any doubts about her story.

• Love 7

Out of curiosity I googled "miso soup fish stock". While I know nothing about Japanese cooking, it appears that fish stock (and sometimes even fish sauce) is an ingredient in some types of miso soup.  Perhaps that's what Bethenny got. 

Now let's do the math ---

We've  known about her fish allergy for a while.

We know allergies can get worse over time, sometimes (in some people) progressing from mild all the way to anaphylaxis with repeated exposure.

So the idea that her existing fish allergy got worse over time and she recently had a severe reaction (because it got worse over time) is plausible.

It's also possible to be an attention whore and have a progressing-in-severity allergy to fish.

Everybody wins! ;) 

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

It's also possible to be an attention whore and have a progressing-in-severity allergy to fish.

Everybody wins! ;) 

Ha! Yeah I knew someone who was called “Cindy* Allergic To Shellfish” because that’s basically how she introduced herself: “I’m Cindy. I’m allergic to shellfish.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Jel said:

Everybody wins! ;)

Well, except Bethenny.

Attention whores never get enough of what they need.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6

She may well have had an allergic reaction to fish stock.  However, she has always been the great exaggerator and I just can't help but give a side eye to the rest of the story.  Sure, she may well have been taken to the hospital and was given a shot along the way but the whole I thought I was having a stroke and I almost died?  She has always been the girl who cried wolf.  Intensive care?  Maybe, but she does tend to panic.  Was ICU (if she was indeed there) for the reaction to the fish or a panic attack.  This is the same person who was hysterical on instagram over her dog instead of getting her help.  This is the same person who was 'lost' at sea and was bleeding 'everywhere'.  I could go on. 

And now we get to see another season of RHNY with Beth sobbing about 'poor me'.  Gosh.  This woman craves attention.

• Love 14

I guess all that I have to say right now is "Poor, poor Paul"  or maybe not. Can he really have no idea about what is really going on with the woman who he fed fish soup to? Does he not read the cheap tabloids in which she is a star?

I have a feeling that he and Jason are going to be best friends soon enough.

Bethenny, like the rest of the housewives under Andy, will never be more than a "Bravo Housewife". She wants so much to be more than than that. Not going to happen.

Luann is so caught up in her Countess/Cabaret Celebrity persona, but just like Beth, they will never be more than just "housewives".  This is true for them all. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Luann is so caught up in her Countess/Cabaret Celebrity persona

Her Instagram account, which I am going to have to give up for my own sanity, oozes of egomania.  I realize that these folks use their social media for a marketing tool/income generator, but geebus, tell that intern to find the humility key.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Now, I'm well aware that allergies can get worse over time. That said, if this is something that she has been struggling with since she was a child, then I have to doubt her recommendation.

hl5wkkxgx8e21.jpg

There are so many examples of her preparing / eating fish given by Danny Pellegrino's recent instastory. Bethenny preparing sushi, eating tuna, sea bass for her birthday. There is no way that she has been allergic since birth like she claims. Why would you purposely ingest something that you are allergic to? Since birth? C'mon! Isn't an allergy something that you avoid?

If I was allergic to nuts since birth, I sure as hell would not be eating peanut butter cookies for my birthday.

She just destroys her credibility every time she opens her mouth.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 16