Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

then he loved his money more then Beth im just saying 

I don't think anyone can know that.  Different strokes for different folks.  In our friends situation, I know at least the man was deeply in love with his partners over the years but had zero desire to EVER get married again.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think anyone can know that.  Different strokes for different folks.  In our friends situation, I know at least the man was deeply in love with his partners over the years but had zero desire to EVER get married again.  

well now its gonna be his kids reading about how in love his father was with someone other then his mother and whispers and snickers and Beth will always be the other woman/homewrecker .....

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s sad. Dennis’s wife still thought of him as the love of her life

Must've been a special kind of hell for her.  I always thought the lack of a divorce was due to some reason other than a deep abiding commitment on her part --  but he was the love of her life to the end; still married, still holding on, still holding out for something. Heartbreaking. 

Their whole life together  -- honeymoon, kids, homes, holidays, arguments, make-up sex, inside jokes and longheld grudges -- all come and gone in two headlines:

Dennis Shields Weds Jill Schwartzberg  https://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/26/style/dennis-shields-weds-jill-schwartzberg.html

Dennis Shields, Bethenny Frankel's One-Time Boyfriend, Found Dead in Trump Tower: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dennis-shields-bethenny-frankel-s-boyfriend-found-dead-trump-tower-1133968

I hope (for their sake) his wife and children remember him at his best, and leave the rest behind.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20

well now its gonna be his kids reading about how in love his father was with someone other then his mother and whispers and snickers and Beth will always be the other woman/homewrecker .....

She certainly was the other woman but I don't think ANY of us know if she was a homewrecker

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She certainly was the other woman but I don't think ANY of us know if she was a homewrecker

being ok with someone being married while you date for years and them having or showing no interest in getting a divorce( he was still married the day he died without starting divorce proceeding again)  the whole time would kind of lean into the homewreaker category she didn't care he had a wife and kids I mean would she want a man to do that to her daughter? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

being ok with someone being married while you date for years and them having no interest in getting a divorce the whole time would kind of lean into the homewreaker category 

Really?  So the gals that our friend dated were  homewreckers even though the relationship ended well before they came along (he as well as his legal wife had several relationships so in this case there were multiple people wrecking their marriage?  Don't the married's bear the responsibility?).  There is no way to know that.  Seems to me the late Dennis and his wife are the only ones that know what the heck happened in their marriage.  Relationships are complicated and no one knows the ins and outs.  We do not know when Dennis and Jill separated and why.  If they were already separated there is no home to wreck.  

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Really?  So the gals that our friend dated were  homewreckers even though the relationship ended well before they came along (he as well as his legal wife had several relationships so in this case there were multiple people wrecking their marriage?  Don't the married's bear the responsibility?).  There is no way to know that.  Seems to me the late Dennis and his wife are the only ones that know what the heck happened in their marriage.  Relationships are complicated and no one knows the ins and outs.  We do not know when Dennis and Jill separated and why.  If they were already separated there is no home to wreck.  

I guess I was raised differently I dont date someone who is knowingly with someone else until they are single thats just I thought common knowledge if they are married you leave them alone. so yess anyone who is with a married man knowing they are married and have no plans of divorce is technically a home wrecker .... is he/she married? yes then dont date him/her until he is single not that hard .... and it wasn't like he was leaving his wife years go by he is still married?? shit or get off the pot 

Edited by Keywestclubkid

I guess I was raised differently I dont date someone who is with someone else until they are single thats just I thought common knowledge if they are married you leave them alone so yess anyone who is with a married man is technically a home wrecker .... is her married yes then dont date him until he is single not that hard 

If someone never divorces due to whatever yet is separated they should never date again?  The guy I know WAS single, just not according to the law.  It worked out better for both the wife and him to be separated rather than divorce.  Is that what I would do, no.  But I am also not a multi millionaire with a shit ton of property in a very wealthy area of Southern California.  Financially it worked better for them.  Who am I to judge that?  I just checked and the horse is totally dead.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Wow, that's cold.  Many people are very very good at hiding their addictions.   Especially "successful" people.  It would take some real callousness to use this tragedy as a way to kick her when she's down.

That's what Bethenny's all about! I was totally on her side until these last couple years it's been proved she's a little more than bent; vindictive when crossed and merciless even when found to be wrong! She doesn't accept responsibility and apologizes like the rest of these HW just to make peace! She will still grind your nuts like she's been doing with Carole so obsessively! Jason may be no saint, but I can hardly believe he's the devil incarnate she's made him out to be because I've seen her operate for too long to believe it! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Fiero425 said:

That's what Bethenny's all about! I was totally on her side until these last couple years it's been proved she's a little more than bent; vindictive when crossed and merciless even when found to be wrong! She doesn't accept responsibility and apologizes like the rest of these HW just to make peace! She will still grind your nuts like she's been doing with Carole so obsessively! Jason may be no saint, but I can hardly believe he's the devil incarnate she's makes him out to be because I've seen her operate for too long to believe it! ;-(

I disagree with your assessment.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

then you are not important enough in their life for them to get a divorce why are you with them??? if they cant respect you and the other person enough to end it legally then you really dont matter that much to them point blank period there is never and excuse valid enough to stay with a married man/woman 

Then we will agree to disagree.  I don't think YOU or I can know what is in the hearts and minds of anyone other than ourselves.  I gave you a scenario that was valid for the couples involved and these people lived it and are still living it as senior citizens.  Who am I to judge what they do?  Works for them, their kids, grandkids, etc.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman who knows everything and everyone’s business. The woman knows everything about everyone in her life cause she is so paranoid there is no way she didn’t know. You don’t just keep a OD drug in your house just Incase this obviously has happened before 

Have you ever known anyone with an active addiction?  I guarantee you that you have.   And if you have, I'm willing to bet there's at least a couple more that you never suspected. 

I’m just saying you don’t date someone for YEARS spending all your time with them going on vacationa with them where you are spending 24hrs a day sleeping eating with them and not know they do pills it’s impossable especially with someone anal like Bethany who would be in his business 24/7 unless she was deluding herself. He might have been able to hid it from causal friends but no way someone like Bethany 

LOL.  You do know that there are many spouses who had no idea their partners were suffering from opioid addictions, right?  And Beth has mentioned many times that they were casual and on again off again.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Then we will agree to disagree.  I don't think YOU or I can know what is in the hearts and minds of anyone other than ourselves.  I gave you a scenario that was valid for the couples involved and these people lived it and are still living it as senior citizens.  Who am I to judge what they do?  Works for them, their kids, grandkids, etc.

marriage to me at least is a really big deal I just cant see someone going oh well im gonna stay married to you but fuck someone else then why are you with me? just because its easier for money doesn't make it correct and again just shows they love the money more then they do the person just my 2cents 

• Love 3

Ok so does this sound weird to anybody else: It's being reported NYPost) that Dennis was feeling like he overdosed and texted his assistant to administer the narcan? How do you feel like you are overdosing? You usually go in to an unconscious state. Like Demi Lovado and Heath Ledger and countless others. I think the reports are already being skewed. You can't be about to lapse in to unconsciousness with your body full of drugs and have the sound mind to go texting your assistant. Not that it matters, sadly the man is dead, I just don't believe it happened that way. His assistant probably found him unconscious and tried to revive him, it was too late. The media pisses me off and needs to get the story straight. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

I was commenting on it because with everything shown since she has been on this show there is no way someone could hide something like this from her IRL esp someone she spends a large amount of time with everything about her personally points to her knowing 2nd I was just stating he never left his wife he is/was still married no matter how long he "dated" Beth so that could have been a reason for them to be on and off nothing more nothing less and yess her history on this show is if she perceives the slightest wrong from you she will full on attack ( she attacked the credibility of Dorindas dead husband ie a slightly powerful man who has slight power said in a condescending he wasn't really powerful way who she never met a day in her life and in the next breath brags about what a great job she does) that is just fact once again proven by years of tapes on this show 

Still trying to figure out why it matters if she knew or not.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Ok so does this sound weird to anybody else: It's being reported NYPost) that Dennis was feeling like he overdosed and texted his assistant to administer the narcan? How do you feel like you are overdosing? You usually go in to an unconscious state. Like Demi Lovado and Heath Ledger and countless others. I think the reports are already being skewed. You can't be about to lapse in to unconsciousness with your body full of drugs and have the sound mind to go texting your assistant. Not that it matters, sadly the man is dead, I just don't believe it happened that way. His assistant probably found him unconscious and tried to revive him, it was too late. The media pisses me off and needs to get the story straight. 

Agreed.

It could turn out he had a heart attack or an embolism if he'd been flying recently.

As far as Bethenny knowing or not knowing, totally irrelevant IMO.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I guess I was raised differently I dont date someone who is knowingly with someone else until they are single thats just I thought common knowledge if they are married you leave them alone. so yess anyone who is with a married man knowing they are married and have no plans of divorce is technically a home wrecker .... is he/she married? yes then dont date him/her until he is single not that hard .... and it wasn't like he was leaving his wife years go by he is still married?? shit or get off the pot 

All of this speculation is a little out of control.  It's highly possible that everyone in this situation was aware that there was an issue.  It's possible that it was one issue behind the fact that he and his wife hadn't divorced, for a good many reasons.   It's also very possible that everyone - his wife and kids, as well as Bethenny - wanted the same thing for him - sobriety, health and happiness.

My heart goes out to all of them, in part due to the insane amount of bullshit they'll possibly hear that's all over the internet.   I hope they are able to shield themselves from it.  

Edited by straightshooter
missing word
  • Love 23
11 minutes ago, lezlers said:

It’s general curiousity. This isn’t the first time people have wondered if a partner or a family member knew about someone’s addiction. 

• Love 7
Just now, lezlers said:

I'd probably feel the same way about someone who would use a tragedy like this to vindictively get back at an ex.

You obviously have only been catching Bethenny's side of things! I hardly think she's credible watching her act of late! She plays these Jedi-mind tricks with people trying to make them back off when she's wrong and Carole's the 1st one to slay her; hence her being removed! This is nothing new with OG's on each of the shows more than likely having a little say in who comes and goes! Heaven knows characters who have been so beneath contempt, they were gone before we knew it! Carole's only misstep was falling out of favor from her BFF Bethenny! In the ATL Phaedra, Sheree, and Kim were casualties before the season was finished being telecast as well! I'll reserve judgment when it comes to the "B" drama for now, but it doesn't look good for her with this thing with Denis! ;-(

• Love 1
Just now, lezlers said:

I've been watching since season 1, actually.   I'm far from a Bethany fan, I just have enough basic human empathy to find exploiting a tragedy to fulfill some kind of vindictive "justice" distasteful.

I see both sides and I believe Bethenny's been getting a free pass because she's a woman and mother! Guys don't get a break and people believe the worst so some women take advantage of that! People are idiots and are easily swayed when exposed to just one side of a story! ;-(

• Love 1

being ok with someone being married while you date for years and them having or showing no interest in getting a divorce( he was still married the day he died without starting divorce proceeding again)  the whole time would kind of lean into the homewreaker category she didn't care he had a wife and kids I mean would she want a man to do that to her daughter? 

I'm not sure if you've ever been in a long term marriage with kids and tried to figure out the best course of action upon realizing the marriage is over. There are a lot of people who put off divorce for a myriad of reasons - myself included. I've mentioned in here 100 times that I know a couple who has not divorced but have been separated for over 10 years. They both have other partners now and she lives 8 states away from him. They have reasons for not yet getting a divorce, including the fact that neither wants to get married again. 

Anyway, this is all just sad and I feel terribly for Bethenny, his wife, and especially for his children. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm...not really getting your point, aside from you really hate Bethenny.  Which is certainly allowed.   You think that because Beth dated someone on and off for a while that later died of a drug overdose months after breaking up that she should lose custody of her child?  Because that's never going to happen.  And frankly, never SHOULD happen.

I think he is saying that no one is questing Bethany just taking whatever she says has the Bible because she is a mother and was a wife and is seen more has a protecter/nurture  then a man is so its easier to believe bad things about the guy then it is about the mom....and something about some women who are vindictive will take advantage of that thought process to railroad a guy.........dont quote me but I think thats what he was trying to say 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Ok so does this sound weird to anybody else: It's being reported NYPost) that Dennis was feeling like he overdosed and texted his assistant to administer the narcan? How do you feel like you are overdosing? You usually go in to an unconscious state. Like Demi Lovado and Heath Ledger and countless others. 

That is terrifying to me that it's alleged he asked for help from his assistant but couldn't administer it himself? That sounds off to me. 

27 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I am just curious. Did he die w/Bethenny having no awareness of an opiod problem? Did he die with her having knowledge of it? Is that way they broke up? Curiosity. Natural curiosity I think. 

I have to be honest, if I had an ex who lost a lover that had been in a close relationship with our shared child I would flip a shit if they died of an overdose. I would! Not gonna lie.  My bad I guess!  Regardless even if given the 100% benefit of the doubt no blame game on Bethenny which I am willing to do even though I despise her, Brynn is going to grow up with this on her psyche. Her mom's lover, someone she was close to, he'll be in many of those flower girl pix a few weeks ago,  died of an opiod overdose. It's just so sad and bad and tragic for everyone. 

• Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, lezlers said:

I'm...not really getting your point, aside from you really hate Bethenny.  Which is certainly allowed.   You think that because Beth dated someone on and off for a while that later died of a drug overdose months after breaking up that she should lose custody of her child?  Because that's never going to happen.  And frankly, never SHOULD happen.

Women pull that $#!t all the time; please! If an ex is running around with some young chippy, the usual BS about "not wanting that type around my child" rears its ugly head! Why is it only acceptable for women to fight for custody? Bethenny's more concerned with paying child support than actually having that kid! The crocodile tears cant be taken seriously since they flow at a moment's notice! If she's not the center of attention and people aren't totally transfixed by her making an appearance, she's gotta become a drama queen! "Friendship shouldn't be this hard!" I agree, but she's the one making it difficult IMO! Notice who's at the center of each Berkshire episode; Bethenny! We've been trained to believe it's not HER, but look at it; Bethenny and Heather, Bethenny & Lu, finishing with Bethenny and Ramona! Now she's smacking Dorinda around after not thanking her enough for finding that Nutcracker! Are we not really taking this in? ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3

TMZ says he sent the housekeeper (maid) out to get Narcon, not that he had it on hand (eta: which is just beyond sad - he knew something was wrong, tried to respond, and apparently died before help came. And what an awful memory for his housekeeper to carry around -- hope somebody thanks her for trying to save him).

"Bethenny Frankel's boyfriend started the binge that killed him Thursday night and realized he was in trouble. TMZ has learned.

Dennis Shields was found dead Friday in Trump Tower from an apparent oxycodone OD. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Dennis took an unknown quantity of oxycodone Rx pills Thursday night. He woke up Friday AM feeling ill and asked his housekeeper to go to the pharmacy to buy Narcan, which blocks the effects of an opioid overdose.

It's unclear when Dennis fell into a state of unconsciousness, but at some point the maid realized he was unresponsive and called 911. As we reported, the maid administered the Narcan but he remained unresponsive. EMTs rushed to Trump Tower but it was too late."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/10/bethenny-frankel-boyfriend-dennis-shields-maid-oxy-narcan-od/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That's a whole lotta HUGE sweeping generalization going on right there.

Sitting on my hands and behaving like I have manners at the moment...

That's the American way! Men are thrown into one category for the most part making women so much more complicated! Yeah, right! OK! ;-)

1 minute ago, Fiero425 said:

That's the American way! Men are thrown into one category for the most part making women so much more complicated! Yeah, right! OK! ;-)

Much better, you qualified your statement, thank you! 

2 minutes ago, ancslove said:

I'd understand either way, if Bethenny eventually comments publicly or not, and I think this will really damage her.  But I just hope that Trump doesn't tweet!

And it happened at Trump Towers....

Between that and his "war on opioids," it could prove interesting to see if/how he responds.  

• Love 5

Cautionary tale: If anyone is ever asked to procure Narcan the first thing to do is immediately call 911. That poor housekeeper must be distraught (not blaming her). 

I hope Bethenny doesn’t make this all about her. Good thing they aren’t filming now. Didn’t Shields have kids? What a tragedy. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

TMZ says he sent the maid out for Narcon, nto that he had it on hand:

Bethenny Frankel's boyfriend started the binge that killed him Thursday night and realized he was in trouble. TMZ has learned.

Dennis Shields was found dead Friday in Trump Tower from an apparent oxycodone OD. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Dennis took an unknown quantity of oxycodone Rx pills Thursday night. He woke up Friday AM feeling ill and asked his housekeeper to go to the pharmacy to buy Narcan, which blocks the effects of an opioid overdose.

It's unclear when Dennis fell into a state of unconsciousness, but at some point the maid realized he was unresponsive and called 911. As we reported, the maid administered the Narcan but he remained unresponsive. EMTs rushed to Trump Tower but it was too late.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/10/bethenny-frankel-boyfriend-dennis-shields-maid-oxy-narcan-od/

Oxycodone or OxyContin? I’m seeing conflicting reports. 

I guess it doesn’t matter which took his life. It’s just sad that he lost his life....to a drug.

RIP

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Flybutter said:

I’m saying, does it really matter whether she knew or not? Either way, Dennis has died, Bethenny is probably devastated, and I don’t feel like picking her apart right now. Not for this.

Totally agree with you. Even if she k ew about it, it means nothing to me. She was not marrie, did not live with him and we have no information to suggest he was ever caring for Bryn.  

My heart is breaking for everyone who knew him, including those who worked for and with him.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, film noire said:

TMZ says he sent the housekeeper (maid) out to get Narcon, not that he had it on hand (which is just beyond sad - he knew something was wrong, tried to respond, and apparently died before help came):

"Bethenny Frankel's boyfriend started the binge that killed him Thursday night and realized he was in trouble. TMZ has learned.

It's unclear when Dennis fell into a state of unconsciousness, but at some point the maid realized he was unresponsive and called 911. As we reported, the maid administered the Narcan but he remained unresponsive. EMTs rushed to Trump Tower but it was too late."

Interesting yet dismaying details of what happened.

I'm still not able to make a firm connection if his death was truly caused by OD if he allegedly took the pills Thursday night, but apparently woke up Friday morning, and was coherent enough to ask the housekeeper to go procure some Narcan.  Of course, there's always the possibility he ingested additional oxy when he first woke up as opposed to the night before.  So many things and details to speculate about at the moment.  

I'm going to hold out for the official autopsy results or toxicology.

I still think it's possible he was in respiratory distress (a common side effect of opioid overdose) and that could have triggered a coronary event.  

In any event, regardless of what officially caused his death, it's very tragic for everyone concerned, particularly his children.

RIP Mr. Shields

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 16

This is just a guess and speculation and I am no expert so..........

It sounds more like Dennis may of had a heart attack brought on by drug abuse or a stroke.  

Usually people who are administered Narcan are out cold or very close to it and cannot communicate.

So, the reports sound unusual for a typical Narcan scenario.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Cautionary tale: If anyone is ever asked to procure Narcan the first thing to do is immediately call 911. That poor housekeeper must be distraught (not blaming her). 

I hope Bethenny doesn’t make this all about her. Good thing they aren’t filming now. Didn’t Shields have kids? What a tragedy. 

You don't have to worry about that. Something said to check the Twitter feeds of the HWs (I only follow Carole), and my goodness some of the rabid fans are posting under each HWs (minus Bethenny's) most recent tweet to chastise them for not tweeting about Dennis and/or not mentioning Bethenny in a tweet about Dennis. So, Bethenny isn't making it all about her but some other folks, though...yeesh!

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

This is just a guess and speculation and I am no expert so..........

It sounds more like Dennis may of had a heart attack brought on by drug abuse or a stroke.  

Usually people who are administered Narcan are out cold or very close to it and cannot communicate.

So, the reports sound unusual for a typical Narcan scenario.

Ahhh, we were posting pretty much the same thoughts at the same time.

I would assume (yes, making an ASS out of me) that if he had taken a lethal dose the night before, he wouldn't have awakened the next morning nor been capable of communicating with his housekeeper to the degree he apparently was. 

The coroner should have some preliminary findings I would think maybe at some point tomorrow.  

I'm waiting until the final autopsy and toxicology results come through.  

• Love 12