Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yeah. I despise Bethenny but I think it's entirely possible she didn't know. I am not willing to go there yet. If I were Jason even if she didn't know I would be floored though. Actionable? IDK. Even I am not willing to go there. 

Of course it isn’t actionable.  There are spouses that have a difficult time getting someone with full custody dropped when the custodial parent has the addiction.  Worse cases, where there is outside corroborating witnesses is the drug test before taking custody. (See Brad Pitt)  But people that are arseholes do things like this all the time.  

• Love 6

This is just really sad.

I'm picturing the last time we saw him on RHONY at Ramona's Hampton's dinner party.

He was in his Charlie Brown sweater and Bethenny said stand here by the chair - and the guy didn't move.

Then at the table with Dorinda drooling over him and dissing John

• Love 8
Just now, sasha206 said:

I agree.  It's entirely possible she didn't know about an addiction to Oxy.  They weren't married.  They weren't around each other 24/7.  It's possible he wasn't high on them when he was around her.   Heck, there are some alcoholics who are functional and people around them don't consider them drunk or alcoholic and yet they are.

I don't know. I know this is going to be very hard on Bethenny, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that she didn't know. Bethenny made some thinly veiled accusations about Dorinda and John's partying habits, so I'd find it hard to believe that she wouldn't have known that Dennis was abusing some kind of substance. 

Just now, nexxie said:

Did Dennis have kids?

I believe he has a daughter, so at least one kid. That was who Bethenny rang up during one of the reunions a couple years back.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree.  It's entirely possible she didn't know about an addiction to Oxy.  They weren't married.  They weren't around each other 24/7.  It's possible he wasn't high on them when he was around her.   Heck, there are some alcoholics who are functional and people around them don't consider them drunk or alcoholic and yet they are.

The woman was off and on with him for years there is nooo way she didn’t know esp if he had the OD drug just in his house just Incase 

• Love 4
Just now, straightshooter said:

We know he had back surgery - that's a big one.

He could also have had both pills and pain patches.  [That's how Tom Petty died, he had multiple narcotic patches on him at the time of his death.]

I can't imagine B didn't know at all about the drug use, but it's possible she didn't know the extent.  I'm lucky enough not to have had to deal with this up close and personal, but I don't think it's the same as getting high.  Plus don't people get used to the dosage, and then keep upping it?

It's unlikely to have any impact on the custody battle; Dennis didn't live with her, and it's unlikely he was taking pills constantly in front of Brynn.

• Love 6
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

The woman was off and on with him for years there is nooo way she didn’t know esp if he had the OD drug just in his house just Incase 

he could have kept it hidden. 

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Could Cohen have some sort of info on Shield and this wasn't an accident but a solution? 

I don't think so.  He asked his assistant to give him Narcan.  He knew he was in trouble by his own hand. Sad. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, againstthewind said:

They had that stuff out like candy.

Got money? Get anything.

Last year or whenever Trump started talking about a War on Opioids and his Administration declared it a crisis and a national health emergency, I remember thinking, how big of a crisis can opioids be? Because I'd not often heard of anybody addicted to them and didn't know anyone personally (or didn't think I did at the time) who had a problem with them. Now that the subject is out of the closet, turns out I know three people who have struggled with Oxycontin and almost every day there is something in the news about an OD or a death. I really had no idea there was an attraction or a problem. Meth, heroin, cocaine - those seemed to be the mainstream. 

No relief or pleasure from Oxy for me.  It made me throw up like a RHONY on a boat.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

My office has Narcan on hand in case someone needs it and we are trained on it. Many places have it on hand for employees or the public. 

Right. But his assistant had it. It sounds like it was a personal ownership, as if he'd had a problem before. 

• Love 6

Dennis had 3 children, according to that article that was linked. 

What's the 72 hour rule?  

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman knows everything about everyone in her life cause she is so paranoid there is no way she didn’t know. You don’t just keep a OD drug in your house just Incase this obviously has happened before 

I really don't have an opinion one way or the other as to if she knew the extent of his addiction - I could absolutely see it going either way.  That said, addicts are experts at keeping things secretive; and sometimes, when we love someone, we only see what we want to see. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

he could have kept it hidden. 

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman who knows everything and everyone’s business. The woman knows everything about everyone in her life cause she is so paranoid there is no way she didn’t know. You don’t just keep a OD drug in your house just Incase this obviously has happened before 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman knows everything about everyone in her life cause she is so paranoid there is no way she didn’t know. You don’t just keep a OD drug in your house just Incase this obviously has happened before 

I agree that he had the Narcan because he thought he might need it (or someone around him thought he might need it).  That doesn't mean B looked in every nook and cranny of his home to find the narcan.  That she knows a lot about people (too much!), doesn't mean she realized he might have that on hand.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I agree that he had the Narcan because he thought he might need it (or someone around him thought he might need it).  That doesn't mean B looked in every nook and cranny of his home to find the narcan.  That she knows a lot about people (too much!), doesn't mean she realized he might have that on hand.

I’m just saying you don’t date someone for YEARS spending all your time with them going on vacationa with them where you are spending 24hrs a day sleeping eating with them and not know they do pills it’s impossable especially with someone anal like Bethany who would be in his business 24/7 unless she was deluding herself. He might have been able to hid it from causal friends but no way someone like Bethany 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Are you  implying Bethenny didn't know Denis was a junkie? If someone has Narcan around, that tells me they're thinking ahead or an overdose has occurred already! Strange how Bethenny's always trying to school people over drinking and possible drug use, but had Denis around her child like that! If I were Jason, I'd definitely use this tragedy to prove what kind of mother Brynn has! The b!tch has it all, business up the gazoo, but has to do this silly show making her out to be this coldhearted and lousy person! ;-(

No, and I'm not really sure how my post would've been construed as implying Bethenny didn't know, especially since I didn't say anything about Dennis having the Narcan on hand (I didn't know that when I posted my initial comments). Honestly, I wasn't implying anything either way. But if anyone were to ask my opinion on that, I'd say she did know, at least to some extent. What that extent was, I don't know, but it's just my gut-based opinion.

24 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yeah. I despise Bethenny but I think it's entirely possible she didn't know. I am not willing to go there yet. If I were Jason even if she didn't know I would be floored though. Actionable? IDK. Even I am not willing to go there. 

I don't think it's actionable, either, unless Jason can somehow prove that Bethenny is also addicted to drugs of some sort, but based on Dennis' addiction alone and knowing how vindictive Jason is/has been, I would not be surprised if he tries to somehow spin this into his favor. Whether he'd be successful in doing so is a whole other story. (I'm thinking not likely, though.)

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman who knows everything and everyone’s business. 

Maybe Bethenny doesn't really know-it-all.

But I think regarding this, she did know. Because it does seem like she's dropped some hints in her dialogue about Dennis.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m just saying you don’t date someone for YEARS spending all your time with them going on vacationa with them where you are spending 24hrs a day sleeping eating with them and not know they do pills it’s impossable unless she was deluding herself 

It's possible that she knew he had pain pills for back pain and thought he didn't take it unless he was in extreme pain.  The difference between an Oxy user and a meth addict, heroin addict, or even alcohol is worlds apart in terms of being able to hide the problem.

• Love 16

I would actually be surprised if Bethenny didn't know about his problem. She was raised by/around addicts and might seem more normal/needed with an addict. We see her with Dorinda post private plane confrontation. She covers up for her and cares for her after she fucks everything up and she seems very well practiced and comfortable doing it.

None of this is meant to be a criticism or attack on Bethenny or to make her seem like a bad person or culpable in some way, btw.  This can and does happen to anybody.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 17
Just now, sasha206 said:

It's possible that she knew he had pain pills for back pain and thought he didn't take it unless he was in extreme pain.  The difference between an Oxy user and a meth addict, heroin addict, or even alcohol is worlds apart in terms of being able to hide the problem.

Im just  saying the woman plans 24 hrs of her day to the minute ( don’t get me started on thinking she’s on addrall cause she classically acts like someone who abuses the drug) if she spent anytime at all around him with her laser like focus she would have known 

• Love 2

Terrible tragedy. Terrible way to die. Terrible situation for all the people he left behind. As brash as Bethany can be I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Even if she did know you can’t help an addict that doesn’t want help. It’s an awful situation. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Im just  saying the woman plans 24 hrs of her day to the minute ( don’t get me started on thinking she’s on addrall cause she classically acts like someone who abuses the drug) if she spent anytime at all around him with her laser like focus she would have known 

Its entirely possible and probable she knew BUT how often does a seemingly happily married spouse find out some really crazy shit happening right under their nose?  It happens a lot.  If it can happen to someone living in the same house it can happen to someone who is only dating.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh shit...what makes it even more sad to me is that he sensed it and tried to administer the reversal medication but was too late :( Given the on and off relationship between himself and Bethenny, he doesn't seem to be someone who Bethenny was able to cleanly cut loose and for that, I wouldn't be surprised if she took his death really hard.

Out of curiousity, was he given Narcan because he has a history or is that given as a cautionary measure because OxyContin is so powerful? Either way, the news as reported doesn't read as someone who was trying to sabotage themselves.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Does anyone know how old his children are? I don't put this part on Bethenny but it has to be hard for the family to see their father reduced to "off-on boyfriend" of a housewife.

I think his kids are older, Chick (the one who called in to the reunion was of age, and the two other kids were end of high school at the time, iirc). 

His wife released this statement:  “We are all heartbroken. Dennis was, and will always be, the love of my life. His spirit lives on in our children. Please respect our family’s privacy at this time."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

You don’t have narcon in your house just because you are prescribed oxi or any other pain med if you are just a casual user Ie was sent home with it for pain. Normal people don’t think oh better get the OD drug just in case. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think his kids are older, Chick (the one who called in to the reunion was of age, and the two other kids were end of high school at the time, iirc). 

His wife released this statement:  “We are all heartbroken. Dennis was, and will always be, the love of my life. His spirit lives on in our children. Please respect our family’s privacy at this time."

I hope the media don't hound his family about Bethenny. The whole situation is bad enough to deal with.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

I’ve been thinking about this statement from his wife. She is clearly hurting too. I can’t even imagine what it will be like for her and Bethenny both to get through this grieving process, knowing the other exists. This is sad on so many levels.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, film noire said:

Awkward funeral in 3...2...1...

• Love 18

Really what does it matter if Bethenny knew he had a problem?  It could very well be the reason they were off and on throughout the years.  I’m sad for her because he seemed like he accepted her warts and all.   When Carole snarked on Bethenny by comparing her handling of her break up with Adam to Bethenny’s inability to have a healthy relationship, I couldn’t help but think that I’ve never heard Bethenny riff on any of her exes besides Jason.  

I was prescribed oxy after my mastectomy and I ended up flushing them as I felt Motrin was sufficient.  After a very traumatic reconstruction surgery, I needed every one of those suckers; however I only used on prescription.  Every time I’d go to the surgeon, she asked me if I wanted more, which I found troubling as I’d given no indication that I was in significant pain.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Really what does it matter if Bethenny knew he had a problem?  It could very well be the reason they were off and on throughout the years.  I’m sad for her because he seemed like he accepted her warts and all.   When Carole snarked on Bethenny by comparing her handling of her break up with Adam to Bethenny’s inability to have a healthy relationship, I couldn’t help but think that I’ve never heard Bethenny riff on any of her exes besides Jason.  

he was/is a married man who didn't leave his wife that could be a huge reason they were on and off she riffs on everyone have you not been watching the same show she tears down people to make herself look better 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

Why would his asst have Narcan and why would she know how to administer it? 

This has probably been covered already, but these days everyone should know about and how to administer Narcan.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I hope the media don't hound his family about Bethenny. The whole situation is bad enough to deal with.

9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Awkward funeral in 3...2...1...

Beth will be treated as the outsider and the wife will have to put up with endless articles in the news about how Bethenny Frankel's boyfriend died.  Lose/lose situation for any, and all, concerned.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

he was/is a married man who didn't leave his wife that could be a huge reason they were on and off she riffs on everyone have you not been watching the same show she tears down people to make herself look better 

I thought you were commenting on what she did or didn't know because you were concerned she was exposing Bryn to opiods.  I didn't realize it was because you were trying to figure out their relationship and because she tears people down.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I thought you were commenting on what she did or didn't know because you were concerned she was exposing Bryn to opiods.  I didn't realize it was because you were trying to figure out their relationship and because she tears people down.

I was commenting on it because with everything shown since she has been on this show there is no way someone could hide something like this from her IRL esp someone she spends a large amount of time with everything about her personally points to her knowing 2nd I was just stating he never left his wife he is/was still married no matter how long he "dated" Beth so that could have been a reason for them to be on and off nothing more nothing less and yess her history on this show is if she perceives the slightest wrong from you she will full on attack ( she attacked the credibility of Dorindas dead husband ie a slightly powerful man who has slight power said in a condescending he wasn't really powerful way who she never met a day in her life and in the next breath brags about what a great job she does) that is just fact once again proven by years of tapes on this show 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I have to say: the reunion that is to air in a couple weeks will be something. To be honest, I'm kind of glad (?) that it was already filmed.

Even if it had been filmed subsequent to his death, you can be sure that questions about him would have been completely off limits.  As it should be.

• Love 2

I was commenting on it because with everything shown since she has been on this show there is no way someone could hide something like this from her IRL esp someone she spends a large amount of time with everything about her personally points to her knowing 2nd I was just stating he never left his wife he is/was still married no matter how long he "dated" Beth so that could have been a reason for them to be on and off nothing more nothing less and yess her history on this show is if she perceives the slightest wrong from you she will full on attack that is just fact once again proven by years of tapes on this show 

I can't stand her personally.  But I don't think just because she has a shitty personality and portrays herself as all knowing that she automatically knew he was an addict.  It's possible she knew and that's what drove the two of them apart. It's also possible she had no idea he was addicted to oxy.   We're all just speculating at this point anyway.  

Bottom line is it's very sad.  And she clearly loved him and is obviously going to grieve his loss.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I can't stand her personally.  But I don't think just because she has a shitty personality and portrays herself as all knowing that she automatically knew he was an addict.  It's possible she knew and that's what drove the two of them apart. It's also possible she had no idea he was addicted to oxy.   We're all just speculating at this point anyway.  

Bottom line is it's very sad.  And she clearly loved him and is obviously going to grieve his loss.

I'm fully indifferent of her to be honest its just some defense of her like she is some babe in the woods and doesn't do some messed up shit and can be a total hypocrite always boggles my mind lol

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Since he hasn't been on the show very much, and people didn't say anything about him on camera, I was always confused about his marital status and why he wasn't already divorced.  There must be a good reason in there somewhere, but hearing his wife say that he was the love of her life just confuses me more.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Dennis was separated from his wife.

but wasn't divorced wasn't trying to get a divorce didn't file for divorce.....he dated Beth for how many years and is still married no divorce proceeding had been started at the time of his death so he is and was a married man (who's wife just said he was the love of her life so apparently he was having his cake and eating it too)... I'm just saying she was prob at the shit or get off the pot stage in the relationship 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but wasn't divorced wasn't trying to get a divorce didn't file for divorce.....he dated Beth for how many years and is still married no divorce proceeding had been started at the time of his death so he is and was a married man ... I'm just saying she was prob at the shit or get off the pot stage in the relationship 

Divorce can be very expensive when there are a lot of assets.  Friends of my family were separated for about 40 years.  They never divorced yet both had several long term partners.  They had a lot of $, property and whathaveyou and just never wanted to go through the hassle.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Divorce can be very expensive when there are a lot of assets.  Friends of my family were separated for about 40 years.  They never divorced yet both had several long term partners.  They had a lot of $, property and whathaveyou and just never wanted to go through the hassle.  

then he loved his money more then Beth im just saying if you want out of a marriage you get out you dont make excuses 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Really you think anyone could hide anything from Bethany? The woman who knows everything and everyone’s business. The woman knows everything about everyone in her life cause she is so paranoid there is no way she didn’t know. You don’t just keep a OD drug in your house just Incase this obviously has happened before 

I think it's possible she did know and that's the reason she ended the relationship, because he wouldn't stop using.  It's also possible she didn't know because he kept it well hidden, like many addicts do.  Or it's also possible that it's a fairly recent addiction for him, post Bethenny break up. 

It is a tragedy though, that's for sure.

• Love 10