Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On 8/6/2018 at 8:25 PM, Jel said:

100% agree.

But, I'm fixated on this:  "I don't really like Bethenny,...: That's don't really like (implying a teensy bit of existing or potential like) vs. I really don't like (no hope).  And you said, I don't really like...so...

Come to the dark side, Hunter! We have popcorn and diet margaritas that taste fine by the time you get to your third or fourth one, and provided you have a mouth full of very strong peppermints first. What are you going to get from Carole besides seven freezer burned Totinos pizza rolls that have been in her freezer since 2015? Dorinda -- frankly, the risk of injury from one of her "falling" objets d'art is too high. Tinsley? How much "girl time" French braiding and doodling boys names into notebooks can one stand really? Luann, count on frequent lectures on appropriate forms of address while you attempt to run from police: "One correctly says, "I'm going to kill you, Officer Johnson."" Sonja or Ramona, the official "and the rest" Gilligan's Island equivalent? No.  That leaves just one housewife...

Got a seat for you at the table if you change your mind ;)

;)

Don't do it Hunter!  Margaritas with rail tequila and Styrofoam disguises as popcorn aren't worth it.  Because the price to pay is having to endure random screaming and crying jags, personal insults, and awkward penis and blow job jokes. 

On 8/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's in the wrong city.  She should be in the Atlanta franchise, 'cuz she's a real peach that one.

This photo floored me.  They look photo edited into another dimension.  From 2009 - 

Screenshot (152).png

It's probably somewhat altered, but man, I do remember how utterly flawless Lu was in those early seasons. She's still gorgeous don't get me wrong - but she was just... breathtaking (in the good way, not the Seinfeld ugly baby way) in her early to mid 40s.  

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Don't do it Hunter!  Margaritas with rail tequila and Styrofoam disguises as popcorn aren't worth it.  Because the price to pay is having to endure random screaming and crying jags, personal insults, and awkward penis and blow job jokes. 

It's probably somewhat altered, but man, I do remember how utterly flawless Lu was in those early seasons. She's still gorgeous don't get me wrong - but she was just... breathtaking (in the good way, not the Seinfeld ugly baby way) in her early to mid 40s.  

I do love the shift that LuAnn is wearing in that photo. The downside to the film schedule change is not seeing these women in their effortless summer vacationing mode and dress. Now they're always so bundled up because filming starts in the thick of fall, which can vary temperature wise on the East Coast. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

So's here what I just don't get.   Beth goes to PR.  She sees the devastation and what these people are going through yet then in Columbia we have her talking about her slice of torture at a dinner as well as her tortuous long colon. 

She just doesn't get it.

In fairness, I think the average person that gives to charity or has made some effort to understand the different kinds of devastations happening around the world would still complain about relatively mundane things in their life because that’s part of their own reality. Unless you make charity your life’s mission and it inspires you to live very humbly and simplistically (for most people, giving to charity doesn’t inspire that) it seems unlikely to expect someone to never complain about anything because they know others have it much worse. People who eat too much or complain about the taste of their food can still be aware and understand world hunger. Someone who complains about the house pricing for a 4 bedroom home so that each of their children can have their own room can still understand the severity of homelessness. I think Bethenny does get it, as do most people, but like most people, she isn’t being inspired to live differently from her experiences. It may inspire her to get more involved in charity or to give more money to charity, but she’s still going to live the luxurious life she wants to live and because of that, she (as will the viewers) will find herself talking about her rich first world problems.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I do love the shift that LuAnn is wearing in that photo. The downside to the film schedule change is not seeing these women in their effortless summer vacationing mode and dress. Now they're always so bundled up because filming starts in the thick of fall, which can vary temperature wise on the East Coast. 

Yes I remember her wearing that shift with those boots in a few episodes (season 3 I think?) and just being like, in awe, of her figure. Especially her legs. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

In fairness, I think the average person that gives to charity or has made some effort to understand the different kinds of devastations happening around the world would still complain about relatively mundane things in their life because that’s part of their own reality. Unless you make charity your life’s mission and it inspires you to live very humbly and simplistically (for most people, giving to charity doesn’t inspire that) it seems unlikely to expect someone to never complain about anything because they know others have it much worse. People who eat too much or complain about the taste of their food can still be aware and understand world hunger. Someone who complains about the house pricing for a 4 bedroom home so that each of their children can have their own room can still understand the severity of homelessness. I think Bethenny does get it, as do most people, but like most people, she isn’t being inspired to live differently from her experiences. It may inspire her to get more involved in charity or to give more money to charity, but she’s still going to live the luxurious life she wants to live and because of that, she (as will the viewers) will find herself talking about her rich first world problems.

My problem with Beth is the exaggeration she uses when describing her situations.  Everything is 'torture'.  That's a strong word.  A really strong word.  Hey, we all have moments that suck and I'm not saying that she or anyone else doesn't have the right to complain.  But if your own life is torture, what word would you use to describe what the people in PR and Houston are going through?

• Love 9
On 8/6/2018 at 8:42 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, in the end, it's not about how large your bank account is.  It's about how happy you are.  Vicks, Carole and Beth may have different balances but none of them are suffering for lack of money.  Carole may have some stuff but it's no where on the same scale of Beth or Vicks.  At least, she gets that it's time to get off.  Beth and Vicks are addicted to being housewives. 

On another note, if my ex wife was posting stuff about my daughter looking at the photo of a dog every day, I would be kind of livid.  Especially since that daughter was exposed to her mother being a freaken lunatic on SM about the dog having seizures and not knowing what to do.  Talk about traumatizing your kid. 

My guess is Vicki has a lot less than both of these women.  From what was revealed with her divorce she had more than a lot of regular folk but not as much as she would lead you to believe.  I think she spends what she makes to keep up with the big money in Newport etc.  I think she NEEDS this gig.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I have been trying to figure out what was different about her look.  Part of the difference is lighter eye makeup in early years plus her wardrobe was better.  I also think she amped up the drinking BIG time.  I think back then she partied hard (story about grabbing a dude's junk at a wedding after season 1) but post Count it got much gnarlier.  The drinking hardened her look.  The smoking didn't do her any favors either.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

My problem with Beth is the exaggeration she uses when describing her situations.  Everything is 'torture'.  That's a strong word.  A really strong word.  Hey, we all have moments that suck and I'm not saying that she or anyone else doesn't have the right to complain.  But if your own life is torture, what word would you use to describe what the people in PR and Houston are going through?

She exaggerates when she describes other people's situations as well. It all boils down to the fact that this is just how Bethenny speaks. It's not reserved exclusively to her complaining about her life. She uses exaggerated terms to talk shit or poke fun of others or herself. As fucked up of a person as Bethenny is, I'm willing to bet that if you were to raise that question to her, she would have enough self-awareness to either concede or say that the people of PR have gone through far worse than she ever has. It's one thing to speak in exaggerations for effect, but it's a whole other thing to actually believe those exaggerations as being truth. I think Bethenny does it for effect, not because she sincerely believe that her life is pure torture.

• Love 11
On 8/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, in the end, it's not about how large your bank account is.  It's about how happy you are.  Vicks, Carole and Beth may have different balances but none of them are suffering for lack of money.  Carole may have some stuff but it's no where on the same scale of Beth or Vicks.  At least, she gets that it's time to get off.  Beth and Vicks are addicted to being housewives. 

On another note, if my ex wife was posting stuff about my daughter looking at the photo of a dog every day, I would be kind of livid.  Especially since that daughter was exposed to her mother being a freaken lunatic on SM about the dog having seizures and not knowing what to do.  Talk about traumatizing your kid. 

Vicki is there purely for the attention. She's addicted to it and that's why no matter how many shameful scams get exposed under her name, she keeps whoring herself out to cameras because she cares less about whether the attention is negative, so long as the attention is there.

Bethenny loves attention as well but she's also someone who has a lifestyle brand and knows how to use the show to promote her products. I mean, it's the to the point where her product placements are just nauseating to watch. You're fucking rich Bethenny, how much would your net worth really suffer if for once you forgo conveniently placing a bottle of Skinny girl in the background of the scene? If Bethenny had a more lucrative opportunity that offered prime exposure, I think she would leave the show in a heartbeat the way she did the first time. Bethenney thinks everyone's trying to compete with her so she would gladly give up being a housewife for an opportunity to do something 'bigger and better' and then brag about it.

Carole walking away could have a lot to do with her areas of interest not being conducive to having it played out on TV. I think one of the reasons she got so lazy and uninspired with her writing is because the cameras and show obligations didn't lend itself to inspiring or motivating her to get shit done. It seems she now has things in the works and is interested enough to give it more care and attention. And I'm sure the way her relationship with Bethenny played out, it made it that much easier to walk away. I never got the impression that Carole was a lifer in this reality franchise. Vicki is pretty much the standard of what a RH lifer is and Carole doesn't come close to that for me.

I totally agree with your point about the size of the bank account not really mattering. Maybe some of these women portray a lifestyle that is beyond the means of what's actually in their bank account but I think all of these women are well off that if they wanted, with some smart choices they could live quite comfortably, even if it's not in a $10M home.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Vicki is there purely for the attention. She's addicted to it and that's why no matter how many shameful scams get exposed under her name, she keeps whoring herself out to cameras because she cares less about whether the attention is negative, so long as the attention is there.

Bethenny loves attention as well but she's also someone who has a lifestyle brand and knows how to use the show to promote her products. I mean, it's the to the point where her product placements are just nauseating to watch. You're fucking rich Bethenny, how much would your net worth really suffer if for once you forgo conveniently placing a bottle of Skinny girl in the background of the scene? If Bethenny had a more lucrative opportunity that offered prime exposure, I think she would leave the show in a heartbeat the way she did the first time. Bethenney thinks everyone's trying to compete with her so she would gladly give up being a housewife for an opportunity to do something 'bigger and better' and then brag about it.

Carole walking away could have a lot to do with her areas of interest not being conducive to having it played out on TV. I think one of the reasons she got so lazy and uninspired with her writing is because the cameras and show obligations didn't lend itself to inspiring or motivating her to get shit done. It seems she now has things in the works and is interested enough to give it more care and attention. And I'm sure the way her relationship with Bethenny played out, it made it that much easier to walk away. I never got the impression that Carole was a lifer in this reality franchise. Vicki is pretty much the standard of what a RH lifer is and Carole doesn't come close to that for me.

I totally agree with your point about the size of the bank account not really mattering. Maybe some of these women portray a lifestyle that is beyond the means of what's actually in their bank account but I think all of these women are well off that if they wanted, with some smart choices they could live quite comfortably, even if it's not in a $10M home.

I agree but maybe this is what separates the rest of us from someone like her who has made OOODLES of money.  She will promote that shit at a funeral if that is what it takes.  I am WAY too lazy.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Just came here to read about this.

Wonder if this is why Bethenny has been saying he's "not available" to be in a relationship?  

Didn't she say this week that she was going to spend 60 days not talking with him?

I thought it was because he was still legally married, but obviously there was way more going on there.

Wow, this is sad.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Didn't she say this week that she was going to spend 60 days not talking with him?

He hasn’t been present on her SM for a very long time.  Dang, opioids are really frightening.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Holy Shit!

Why the heck would his assistant have Narcan?

Yeah it sounds like this has happened before but the outcome was clearly different. Why would his asst have Narcan and why would she know how to administer it? 

This is really sad.  

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Had to.  I mean who has Narcan unless its an issue?

3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Holy Shit!

Probably because Dennis had an opioid problem.   There are so many people addicted to OxyContin.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Holy Shit!

Because he most like likely had a problem. I mean it’s shitty but it seems he had an issue with opioids that are problematic throughout the economic spectrum.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because he most like likely had a problem. I mean it’s shitty but it seems he had an issue with opioids that are problematic throughout the economic spectrum.

When you see the statistics on this problem it is mind blowing.  I feel for those in his life that cared for him.  

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 15

Oh, man, I cannot imagine how emotionally unhinged this is going to make Bethenny. I mean, I watched when she was posting IG stories of when Cookie was having seizure after seizure and Bethenny was hysterically sobbing asking for help on what to do because she had no emergency vet nearby. So I can only imagine how much of a mess she must be right now. Yikes.

I do sort of wonder if this is going to kick Jason into high gear in retaliation into doing something about restricting her custody of Bryn in some way because I could easily see him claiming that Bethenny is negligent in caring for her because she had someone addicted to drugs around Bryn. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Probably because Dennis had an opioid problem.   There are so many people addicted to OxyContin.

Ok, this may be entirely inappropriate because he just passed but my head has gone to a conspiracy theory.  He is friends with Michael Cohen (and got a warning call when Trump Tower was on fire, the ONLY person that Cohen warned) and things are heating up with Cohen.  Could Cohen have some sort of info on Shield and this wasn't an accident but a solution?  I clearly watch too much news and ID channel.

Sad situation all around.  Too young.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LIGirl said:

I do sort of wonder if this is going to kick Jason into high gear in retaliation into doing something about restricting her custody of Bryn in some way because I could easily see him claiming that Bethenny is negligent in caring for her because she had someone addicted to drugs around Bryn. 

Dennis has not been in either Bethenny’s nor Bryn’s life for many months.  So Jason will have to come up with a better way to make some money.  But I can easily seeing him trying to profit from this.

• Love 13

Just posted the news on the episode thread, but I see you all found out before I did.  How sad for someone so young to die of something so preventable.  I mean, i know addiction is a disease but...

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

Yeah it sounds like this has happened before but the outcome was clearly different. Why would his asst have Narcan and why would she know how to administer it? 

This is really sad.  

It makes you wonder if he had some sort of accident or surgery recently and was given prescription Oxy and then got addicted to it.

If he had addiction issues, whatever Oxy he was taking was probably being bought on the streets. Don't doctors limit the amount of these pills to patients now?

I'm just trying to picture the opposite where he popped a pill for recreational purposes at a party and then got hooked.

I wonder how long he was dealing with this and when did Bethenny know and is that why she distanced herself from him - I think last year with the hockey player and the other guy she went skiing with

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Dennis has not been in either Bethenny’s nor Bryn’s life for many months.  

IDK what constitutes "many" months but Bethenny and Dennis attended her asst Julia's wedding in NOLA at the end of May/Memorial Day weekend travelling there together.  If you dig deep there is IG footage of the wedding and Brynn in a flower girl dress, and B & D standing with her having fun at the reception. This is incredibly sad news. 

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Dennis has not been in either Bethenny’s nor Bryn’s life for many months.  So Jason will have to come up with a better way to make some money.  But I can easily seeing him trying to profit from this.

I'm pretty sure he was around more recently than that because I can swear I saw him in bed with her during one of her IG stories not too long ago, maybe within the last 3-4 months. If I remember correctly, I think it was when the episode he was in at Ramona's dinner party aired and Bethenny asked him something like how he felt about making his "debut." I do believe I have seen him in her IG again since then, too, but that's what my memory seems to recollect, so I don't think he's been out of their lives for "many" months.

Edited to add:

3 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

IDK what constitutes "many" months but Bethenny and Dennis attended her asst Julia's wedding in NOLA at the end of May/Memorial Day weekend travelling there together.  If you dig deep there is IG footage of the wedding and Brynn in a flower girl dress, and B & D standing with her having fun at the reception. This is incredibly sad news. 

Thank you!  I knew I had seen him very recently on her IG and that I wasn't going crazy.

Edited by LIGirl
To reply to a poster that posted while I was writing my reply...
  • Love 5

Does anyone know how old his children are? I don't put this part on Bethenny but it has to be hard for the family to see their father reduced to "off-on boyfriend" of a housewife.

Edited by chick binewski
today is not the day for additional comments
  • Love 11

Wow, this is so unexpected, and very sad.  I, too, can't help but wonder if this is a primary reason why Bethenny never fully committed to him.  Or, maybe she had no idea.  As it's been pointed out, some people can hide their addictions for  years.     

• Love 8
Just now, Duke2801 said:

Wow, this is so unexpected, and very sad.  I, too, can't help but wonder if this is a primary reason why Bethenny never fully committed to him.  Or, maybe she had no idea.  As it's been pointed out, some people can hide their addictions for  years.     

I always got the impression that it was him not committing fully to her by the way she reacts towards him.  In typically Bethenny fashion, she always makes the breakups and loves sound like they are all one sided, meaning she's the one not as into them.  The way she ran to him to get the private plane and then tried to make it sound like he was totally cool with saving her from Cartegna, she didn't want to make the exit.

I'd be surprised if she knew the extent of his addiction to oxy.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Exactly what I was going to say. You don't just have that on-hand unless you're a serious user. Fuck. This is so shitty and sad, for all of his family and people who loved him. 

7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I guess it's because I don't live in chronic pain, but I never understood the Oxy addictions when I have been prescribed it post-surgery.  I never got a "high" off it.  Just a tired feeling and pain lessened.

Everyone reacts to different medications differently. I've never had Oxy, but I was given some narcotics after dental surgery. I took one and it made me feel sick as hell and not in any way "high", no loopy effect. Nothing. So I never took another one. My roommate at the time was secretly hiding an addiction and he actually ended up stealing them. 

• Love 17
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, Happy Camper said:

https://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-real-housewives-cant-afford-lives/

My favorite line:

“Everybody else just had to try to play catch-up after they saw what I did,” Frankel says.

http://time.com/money/5359764/bethenny-frankel/

Can't say I blame her for the Postmates thing. That's one of my pet peeves.

"You can’t put yourself in a position where, if the s–t hit the fan, you couldn’t pay all of your bills at one time,” she says. “If the world came to an end, I would be able to pay for everything. I might not be left with much, but I can afford what I have.”

Hmmm....this doesn't sound like someone living within their means.  She wouldn't have "much left" if she paid off all her debt? 

Or she's just making up shit, who knows.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mrs peel said:

"You can’t put yourself in a position where, if the s–t hit the fan, you couldn’t pay all of your bills at one time,” she says. “If the world came to an end, I would be able to pay for everything. I might not be left with much, but I can afford what I have.”

Hmmm....this doesn't sound like someone living within their means.  She wouldn't have "much left" if she paid off all her debt? 

Or she's just making up shit, who knows.

While I do agree with her on living within your means, but who the fuck is she to comment on any of the RHO's financial situations?

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Exactly.  

I'm guessing that this was why Bethenny talked to Dorinda about how sad it is that just because you love someone, doesn't mean you should be with them. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly what I was going to say. You don't just have that on-hand unless you're a serious user.

My office has Narcan on hand in case someone needs it and we are trained on it. Many places have it on hand for employees or the public. 

Totally scary as fuck though. With his money and circles I am sure he could buy a kit as a safety and feel like it's his get of jail free. SCARY, so he can text his asst to administer it but he couldn't admin it to himself? Ok to text but not give it to himself? Jesus it is just terrifying and bloodcurdlingly scary. Goddamn. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, LIGirl said:

Oh, man, I cannot imagine how emotionally unhinged this is going to make Bethenny. I mean, I watched when she was posting IG stories of when Cookie was having seizure after seizure and Bethenny was hysterically sobbing asking for help on what to do because she had no emergency vet nearby. So I can only imagine how much of a mess she must be right now. Yikes.

Are you  implying Bethenny didn't know Denis was a junkie? If someone has Narcan around, that tells me they're thinking ahead or an overdose has occurred already! Strange how Bethenny's always trying to school people over drinking and possible drug use, but had Denis around her child like that! If I were Jason, I'd definitely use this tragedy to prove what kind of mother Brynn has! The b!tch has it all, business up the gazoo, but has to do this silly show making her out to be this coldhearted and lousy person! ;-(

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

Am I terribly cynical to think, even now, Jill Zarin has her publicist preparing a statement that says something like: 

"My heart breaks for Bethenny. Believe me, I understand -- I'll never get over the loss of my Bawby. I know sorrow. I know pain. It never leaves you. Bethenny needs her real friends by her, now, and to focus on herself and her little girl. I'm there for her if she needs me." 

You sure she hasn't done it already? That's the type of person Jill has shown herself to be; making it about her no matter the tragedy! I can imagine her deflecting the problems in Puerta Rico to just complain she's lost  a vacation spot! '-(

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Are you  implying Bethenny didn't know Denis was a junkie? If someone has Narcan around, that tells me they're thinking ahead or an overdose has occurred already! Strange how Bethenny's always trying to school people over drinking and possible drug use, but had Denis around her child like that! If I were Jason, I'd definitely use this tragedy to prove what kind of mother Brynn has! The b!tch has it all, business up the gazoo, but has to do this silly show making her out to be this coldhearted and lousy person! ;-(

Yeah. I despise Bethenny but I think it's entirely possible she didn't know. I am not willing to go there yet. If I were Jason even if she didn't know I would be floored though. Actionable? IDK. Even I am not willing to go there. 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It makes you wonder if he had some sort of accident or surgery recently and was given prescription Oxy and then got addicted to it.

If he had addiction issues, whatever Oxy he was taking was probably being bought on the streets. Don't doctors limit the amount of these pills to patients now?

I'm just trying to picture the opposite where he popped a pill for recreational purposes at a party and then got hooked.

I wonder how long he was dealing with this and when did Bethenny know and is that why she distanced herself from him - I think last year with the hockey player and the other guy she went skiing with

We know he had back surgery - that's a big one.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, SCS said:

Am I terribly cynical to think, even now, Jill Zarin has her publicist preparing a statement that says something like: 

"My heart breaks for Bethenny. Believe me, I understand -- I'll never get over the loss of my Bawby. I know sorrow. I know pain. It never leaves you. Bethenny needs her real friends by her, now, and to focus on herself and her little girl. I'm there for her if she needs me." 

I would hope Jill values Bobby and her relationship with him more than to equate it to B and Dennis.  I feel badly for Dennis' family, B and Bryn, but his  relationship with B was nowhere near the level of Jill and Bobby.  And Bobby seemed like a legitimately nice guy.  I didn't get that vibe from Dennis, although we didn't get much chance to know him.  Just knowing how he made money gives me an instant dislike of him.  Just my opinion. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yeah. I despise Bethenny but I think it's entirely possible she didn't know. I am not willing to go there yet. If I were Jason even if she didn't know I would be floored though. Actionable? IDK. Even I am not willing to go there. 

I agree.  It's entirely possible she didn't know about an addiction to Oxy.  They weren't married.  They weren't around each other 24/7.  It's possible he wasn't high on them when he was around her.   Heck, there are some alcoholics who are functional and people around them don't consider them drunk or alcoholic and yet they are.

• Love 16