Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

The negging from Jason is interesting.  Bethenny's default mode is to disparage something/someone.  It's not always mean or malicious - it could be a light joke, it could be an off-the-cuff remark that she isn't planning on driving into the ground or making a big deal about, it could just as easily be aimed at herself as other people.  Jason knew enough about Bethenny to pick up on that, and turn it right back on her, and it got her attention and interest.  I think it's that same quality that drew Jill and Carole toward her.  We know what went down in Jill's case.  But in Carole's, I think Carole (and Jason, once upon a time) liked that sharpness long enough to really get close to Bethenny.  But in the end, that same quality got on their nerves, because, well, it is exhausting to always witness/receive.  And Bethenny is left in a weird position of wondering what happened and feeling hurt by their sudden turn, because on her end, nothing has really changed.  

• Love 12
On 7/27/2018 at 10:47 PM, ancslove said:

I think it's that same quality that drew Jill and Carole toward her.  We know what went down in Jill's case.  But in Carole's, I think Carole (and Jason, once upon a time) liked that sharpness long enough to really get close to Bethenny.  But in the end, that same quality got on their nerves, because, well, it is exhausting to always witness/receive.  And Bethenny is left in a weird position of wondering what happened and feeling hurt by their sudden turn, because on her end, nothing has really changed.  

I think this an excellent point for those of us who might be a bit combative, sarcastic, and PITAs in general. But at this point I just cannot believe Bethenny doesn't realize how purposefully undermining she is to others. Going way back to the Alex years when Bethenny asked her to do the logo, then insulted Alex's work - there's just no acceptance on a level playing field with her. A discussion won't work because she is not delving, she's positioning. 

• Love 12

But, if I'm hiring someone to do a logo for me, I'm paying them to design a logo that I want.  If I have x in mind, then I communicate that to the person and that's what they create.  For someone like Alex, if they take that design job on, they take the description of what the client wants and then they go to work to create a sample logo.  Then you come back to the client with the product and the client gives feedback and says, yes this part is good, no, that part isn't what I had in mind, etc.  The logo represents the client's brand, so it SHOULD be what the client wants rather than what the graphic artist feels it should be.  It's one thing for Alex to say, look, I think this would be super cute, so I just wanted to show you one take and here's my thought, while also giving Bethenny what she asked for, but, Alex should absolutely have gotten feedback in that situation.  When you hire someone to do a logo, you don't just take it without getting what you want because it would upset the person.  Now, granted, this is also why you might not use a friend for that type of thing, because it could potentially cause hurt feelings, but, Bethenny wasn't wrong to want a logo that she had in mind.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, smores said:

When you hire someone to do a logo, you don't just take it without getting what you want because it would upset the person.  Now, granted, this is also why you might not use a friend for that type of thing, because it could potentially cause hurt feelings, but, Bethenny wasn't wrong to want a logo that she had in mind.

True, but we did not see all of that. They had two discussions on TV, then Bethenny said to the press 'we went with a more sophisticated logo'. There's a dozen other things Bethenny could have said that wouldn't have sideswiped Alex. She comes off as pointed and rude when it's not necessary.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

True, but we did not see all of that. They had two discussions on TV, then Bethenny said to the press 'we went with a more sophisticated logo'. There’s a dozen other things Bethenny could have said that wouldn't have sideswiped Alex. She comes off as pointed and rude when it's not necessary.

Well-adjusted, stable, confident individuals don’t feel the need to try to make others look stupid, incompetent or inferior. 

Beth’s attitude/strategy just serves to make her look insecure, sad and pathetic.

• Love 15

I've said before that Jason flipped the typical paradigm. He strategically pursued a wealthy woman and pandered to her monstrous ego, with the goal of a child and lots of money. He played Bethenny; that's one reason why she hates him so much. That, and he limits her control over Brynn and anything related to Brynn.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I've said before that Jason flipped the typical paradigm. He strategically pursued a wealthy woman and pandered to her monstrous ego, with the goal of a child and lots of money. He played Bethenny; that's one reason why she hates him so much. That, and he limits her control over Brynn and anything related to Brynn.

I don't think B was particularly wealthy when they met; I don't think the Beam deal was done at that point (and the initial reports of how much she got - in cash v. the ongoing money for marketing - were way over-stated).  As to the child, I suspect both of them wanted a child, but B had managed to not get pregnant for years....so she certainly could have used birth control.  Nor did he force her to marry him; though I'm sure B now wishes she had never done it (though she would still be having to deal with him due to their child).  In fact, the marriage may have been more her idea, and of course she certainly is the one who wanted the reality series.

if that was his plan, he did a really lousy job of it.  Because he could have hung in there for a couple more years, given in to B on everything, maybe convinced her he should be a house-husband (so he'd get primary residential custody, more child support and heck, maybe alimony), even possibly got her to invalidate the pre-nup.

And, having been a divorce attorney, sorry, but neither parent has a right to "control" THEIR child.  It's a shared responsibility.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Well-adjusted, stable, confident individuals don’t feel the need to try to make others look stupid, incompetent or inferior. 

Beth’s attitude/strategy just serves to make her look insecure, sad and pathetic.

it's weird, b/c where I come from, everyone are major "ball-busters", and it doesn't really mean anything.  my husband's family & my family are all kind of like that, as were all of my childhood friends, you mis-step and you get teased to death....but I've never been like that.  I'm kind of sensitive and empathic and I try to think of how to tactfully say things, and I try to accept that they're just like that & to not get my feelings hurt because they don't *really* mean anything by it but it doesn't always work.  but I think some people are just "like that."

Edited by teapot
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Yes. That conversation was beyond bad. It wasn't only inane but was once again being used by Carole to name-drop Lee Radziwell. Tinsley was going on about how the scarf with the hat was so trendy right now, and I think she name-dropped some designer who was doing it or some specific person who was making it trendy. Carole comes back with 'no, it was my mother-in-law, Lee Radziwell who set the trend' or words to that effect. So I got Bethenny's irritation with the whole conversation. I was rolling my eyes majorly too. Both at the stupid of it all - "wow! you're wearing a scarf with a hat! Who ever heard of that?!" - and at Carole's ever-present need to emphasize her connection to Lee (and thus the Kennedys).  Sure it was pretty immature of Bethenny to actually verbalize it, but I got it.

And speaking of Bethenny saying things. Here's something she did actually say on Twitter about Carole's departure from the show. It's pretty brutal.

5b63275d1a325_ScreenShot2018-08-02at10_45_34AM.png.783c609c2e653cd2baa109c1da50637e.png

From the recent episode thread.

Of course Bethenny is the only HW to have ever quit. ?

• Love 12
On 7/25/2018 at 10:14 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I admired the compassion and tenderness Bethany showed Dorinda tonight. After B's breakdown about Carol and her life closing in on her, she listened to Lu, shared her experience of Dorinda's drunken meltdown at the business dinner, which was taped so already out there, in order to to give Lu perspective on the incident, and then went downstairs to talk Dorinda down. When she got down she quickly fixed Dorinda's Baby Jane lipstick, something Dorinda's "friend" Carole didn't bother doing, and talked her calmly to her.

Carole was clearly enjoying Dorinda make a fool of herself, and Dorinda has been chipping away at B for a while. Bethsny could have left Carole to it.

This is why even though B is controlling and self destructive, arrogant, and a smart mouth, I still like her.

When I watched this scene again, Carole rubbed her lips together when she looked at Dorinda so I think she saw what was going on with Dorinda's face but figured, meh, not worth getting into an issue about.  Which isn't what a good friend would do.

• Love 2

Sorry, but, along with shading Carole’s exit from the show, I believe Bethenny is trying to spin something regarding her “ chronic constipation”..... There were rumors floating around during her separation/divorce from Jason that B was an abuser of laxatives- now perhaps she did need them for her “condition “; but the context at the time was more along the line of laxative abuse to stay thin. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny is clearly not using it because she's full of shit, figuratively and literally.

"My shit don't stink...because I keep it tucked up in my long torturous colon."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

Bethenny, Stop telling Carole you don’t understand why the friendship with Carole is broken.  Stop crying, and stop telling Carole “ I love you” .  Carole doesn’t want to be your friend anymore.  Face it and move on and stop making a fool of yourself.  I’ve never heard so many “ I love yous”.  They are all full of shit.  Outside of filming, they all probably don’t even talk to one another.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Outside of filming, they all probably don’t even talk to one another.

They used to hang out a lot when not filming which is sort of the crux of the fight that they didn’t see each other much this summer like they usually do.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Sorry, but, along with shading Carole’s exit from the show, I believe Bethenny is trying to spin something regarding her “ chronic constipation”..... There were rumors floating around during her separation/divorce from Jason that B was an abuser of laxatives- now perhaps she did need them for her “condition “; but the context at the time was more along the line of laxative abuse to stay thin. 

Chronic laxative abuse can actually cause symptoms like Bethenny was describing, so chicken or egg?

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Chronic laxative abuse can actually cause symptoms like Bethenny was describing, so chicken or egg?

My googlenosis: "redundant colon" aka "torturous colon"

• Love 2

I looked for a definition of a person who has to be right 

all the time and/or at all costs

Found some nuggety nuggets

Here are a couple copy/paste(s):

1) ranthoneous - a contentious person who is under knowledged in a field he thinks he is an expert in and will fly into angry rants when his incorrect statements are corrected by those who are actually experts or at least well versed in the field.

2) A pantomath is a person who wants to know and knows everything. The word itself is not to be found in common online English dictionaries, the OED, dictionaries of obscure words, or dictionaries of neologisms. Arrogant. Someone who thinks he knows everything.. is just arrogant.

download.jpg.68e4856e0b00ea454719afd9b6494be1.jpg

Edited by artisto
On 8/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, breezy424 said:

Sure Beth.  The doctor told you that you have a long torturous colon.  Not.  Beth just loves to describe everything in her life as torturous because her life is soooo hard.

It's a real thing.  Unless you've been told you have one, it's not the kind of terminology you just pull out of your ass.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Don't recall that having #nofilter was considered an attribute.

That’s a standard insta tag for the photo.  It denotes an unedited photo.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

That’s a standard insta tag for the photo.  It denotes an unedited photo.

Thank you for that, QuinnM -- I was thinking "nofilter" whaaa? I don't get it.

I took that photo and remark as patriotism -- I can really go anywhere in the world but there's no place better than home, in the gold old USA.  I thought it was sweet.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Thank you for that, QuinnM -- I was thinking "nofilter" whaaa? I don't get it.

She does a lot of sunsets in the Hamptons.  And because one can edit and tweek anything to look good when you just are looking at something unretouched people always tag it #nofilter.  Meaning it is just this beautiful right now.  They are spectacular.  There’s a reason that artists like Jackson Pollack raved about the light in the area.  This caption I venture is more about the fact that she and Bryn spent 2 planned days at the FABULOUS Four Seasons in DisneyWorld and then spent 1 unplanned day when all the flights were canceled.  So probably feeling friggin worn out and glad to be home.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

She does a lot of sunsets in the Hamptons.  And because one can edit and tweek anything to look good when you just are looking at something unretouched people always tag it #nofilter.  Meaning it is just this beautiful right now.  They are spectacular.  There’s a reason that artists like Jackson Pollack raved about the light in the area.  This caption I venture is more about the fact that she and Bryn spent 2 planned days at the FABULOUS Four Seasons in DisneyWorld and then spent 1 unplanned day when all the flights were canceled.  So probably feeling friggin worn out and glad to be home.

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it, lol.  (-;

• Love 3

@jaync 

Poor Bryn, that child doesn't stand a chance.

I used to think Frankel might (somehow, despite all the odds) be an okay mother, but jesus -- what loving, stable mother does this? -- this is what a narc does, not a healthy parent. (And this is with a custody clause denying her the right to put her kid on television --  can you just imagine what crap Frankel would pull if she were allowed to openly use her kid in any way she wanted?) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

Someone in another thread mentioned how great it was that B, on the boat rubbed Carole's back and held back her hair while she was puking. I find it pretty awesome that she has such great maternal instincts, given who her mother is. She could use some common sense with social media though.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Jel said:

I took that photo and remark as patriotism -- I can really go anywhere in the world but there's no place better than home, in the gold old USA.  I thought it was sweet.

That's a nice way of thinking about it, Jel!

I wish she would have ended it with a American flag emoji and more people would have taken it that way too.  

5 hours ago, AnnA said:

image.png

The Hoppy genes are strong!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I wish she would have ended it with a American flag emoji and more people would have taken it that way too.  

I'm Canadian, and that came across to me like the typical low-key, subtle kind of patriotism Canadians express. But as QuinnM pointed out, she could have just been happy to be the hell out of Disneyworld! (Disneyworld is awesome, but it is a lot.)

You are right about the Hoppy genes.  Very strong indeed.

• Love 3

18 HOURS AGO, FILM NOIRE SAID:

I always thought everything Our Lady of the Torturous Colon said on social media was true, Breezy! From Frankel's claim that she had no idea what a hashtag is, to telling the world she had to post film of Cookie because it was the middle of the night, to her instructive tweet (in the wake of #metoo gaining traction last winter) that many women make false rape accusations (because in Frankel's world, it's the rape victims who lie, not the perps -- perps are her dating pool) all of Frankel's words are bedrock truth.

Or maybe -- wild thought here (and mileage varies, as always) -- maybe instead we can say (with a mountain of Bethenny's words to back up the claim) that Frankel is a chronic liar. No riddle of the Sphinx to be grappled with, imo, no second gunman on the grassy knoll to unveil -- just that: Frankel is a liar. 

We've seen her lie on every tv show she's had, she's lied on every other tv show she's been on, she's lied in print interviews, on social media, in her books (and most of all,  lied to herself about how toxic, unstable and untrustworthy she is).   She's the queen of lies, the LeBron James of lies, she's the motherfucking Doctor Seuss of lies ("You'll look up and down lies,  look 'em over with care! About NONE you will say, "I don't choose to go there!!") and this lie (that she was the only housewife to ever walk away) is no different that the laundry list of fibs, falsehoods, and fictions told by Bethenny Frankel -- earnestly, and often-- every day of her public life.  

eta:

Frankel lives her life screaming on tv, flashing her tits and ass, pissing on camera and dating loan sharks and "alleged" rapists; Radziwill hangs with an A-list Hollywood crowd, lunched with Sue Mengers, and dated Clooney.

I dislike them both, but if the difference in those two lifestyles makes Carole a follower,  and Frankel a leader of men, then sweet jesus, sign me up for Radziwill's sad, meek little life.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

My response to this post: (original post in the Media thread)

Yes to all of this. This latest BS about no other HW quitting Bravo except her 3 year "break" is just another lie to add to the list. The problem is that no one calls her on it until now. Now she is being called out, and it's "freaking her out" (as she said to Carole).

I think that is why she was having that breakdown in Colombia. She can't handle being held accountable for her words.

Bravo needs to bring in someone new next year who won't kowtow to her, someone who will call BS on her when she tries to lie her way out of situations.

The reunion should be interesting. If what I have read is true, the other ladies are zoning in on her. It's about time.

IMO, she is the Vicki G of New York, builder of business, destroyer of relationships and will get her comeuppance.

Also, I have to wonder why Bethenny feels that she has to document every hour of her life on Instagram? Most people like to take photos and videos of special moments but posting random food, balloons floating around her house and Biggie/Smalls laying around looking bored? It appears that she has a very lonely life. 

I just checked in as I have just learned to use IG, and I see no reason to go back. 

I am going to try to move this to the Bethenny thread.

Edited by Happy Camper
Moved from another thread
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Bravo needs to bring in someone new next year who won't kowtow to her, someone who will call BS on her when she tries to lie her way out of situations.

Sadly, it seems that as soon as Carole started going toe to toe with B and holding her own, she's out.  We're right back to the same kowtowing.  I predict next year the women will be scrambling to crawl up her behind again.  Someone noted that none of the other HWs have posted anything about Carole's departure and the feud with B.  I believe they don't want to incur her wrath before they start filming.  Tinsley better watch her back!

I don't like Carole or B, but I did like seeing someone argue with B and not lose their shit.  That was refreshing.  Too bad it's over.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

She can't handle being held accountable for her words.

All of it, and I don't think she has the ability to be accountable for her words from her childhood, I just don't think she was held accountable then for the many reasons her parents were not capable or willing to do consistently. It is going to ruin the rest of her life if Bethenny does not confront it and heal. 

Asking her to be accountable is gasoline indeed she will scorch the earth of those who try. Parents, exes, in laws, etc. 

re: pic of Cookie and Brynn grieving. I will bet you real Jim Beam fuck you money millions of dollars that Bethenny STILL with two dogs does not have an established vet in the Hamptons at her second home for Biggie and Smallz.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Sadly, it seems that as soon as Carole started going toe to toe with B and holding her own, she's out.  We're right back to the same kowtowing.  I predict next year the women will be scrambling to crawl up her behind again.  Someone noted that none of the other HWs have posted anything about Carole's departure and the feud with B.  I believe they don't want to incur her wrath before they start filming.  Tinsley better watch her back!

I don't like Carole or B, but I did like seeing someone argue with B and not lose their shit.  That was refreshing.  Too bad it's over.

Tinsley really better watch her back. Bethenny doesn't like her in the slightest, and any little thing (like daring to look in Bethenny's direction at a dinner table) is cause for Bethenny to snap like the asshole she is. 

The preview clip for this week's episode has Bethenny snotting about Tinsley to LuAnn. Bethenny loves thinking that she doesn't take herself seriously, but if that's the case, she should adore Tinsley since Tinsley is pretty easy going and lighthearted. Instead, Bethenny wants to lament her torturous internal organs, wants to talk about how life is so hard because she didn't have a home, because she's in custody proceedings that are dragging out...all while still believing she doesn't take herself seriously. 

• Love 7

Bethenny just loves to drop hurtful little tidbits about how someone feels about someone else, in order to divide them and feel better about her own position. Classic triangulation maneuver.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bryn looks exactly like Jason and Jason’s mother. It probably eats away at Beth. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Bryn looks exactly like Jason and Jason’s mother. It probably eats away at Beth. 

Aww, I am sure Beth looks at her daughter and thinks she's gorgeous, no matter who she takes after.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Tinsley really better watch her back. Bethenny doesn't like her in the slightest, and any little thing (like daring to look in Bethenny's direction at a dinner table) is cause for Bethenny to snap like the asshole she is. 

The preview clip for this week's episode has Bethenny snotting about Tinsley to LuAnn. 

Truth, Tinsley could become the new Kelly target. I think Tinsley may be, like Kelly, not capable of sparring back at Bethenny like Heather and Carole can. IDK though. 

Bethenny deflecting from Carole when Tinsley merely looked in their direction (in an attempt to incite Tinsley into a fight to get out of Carole confronting her) was a bad sign for the future. Bethenny is so unhealthy. She thinks she is the Queen of RHoNY and Andy is merely capitalizing on her faults which will destroy her and her relationships in the long run. She'll figure it out when it's too late. 

• Love 6