Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

In fairness, isn't it a bit unfair to assume that Bethenny's employees are automatically liars? It's also a convenient way to dismiss all witnesses - it was a photo shoot so they were all Bethenny's employees so they ALL LIED and or were willing to lie in court.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand your point but... a)for it to work, everyone who worked with Bethenny has to be on board with lying for her which assumes an awful lot and b)everyone who was ever fired or let go (and Bethenny apparently goes thru staff quickly) has taken a vow to never ever reveal the truth behind the underwear incident. 

I suppose I just would hate to find out that by working for someone I was automatically deemed a liar publically. 

Mrs. Hoppy as the notary was the one in the wrong. Ultimately Mrs. Hoppy is supposed to know the parameters of her job, including her restrictions. Those restrictions include what state her stamp counts in.... and that it was inappropriate, no matter how cool Bethenny was with it, to sign off on her son's trust agreement with Bethenny. Ultimately that's why Jason lost the apartment correct?

Why wasn't Mrs. Hoppy pursued for fraud? Because no one pressed charges. No doubt because of her age and because she was probably her son's dupe in this, and because since Jason lost his bid to gain the apartment, she didn't profit at all. And we'll never know, but perhaps Bethenny decided to not pursue it further since she didn't exactly lose. 

Had this occurred during a photo shoot there would be pictures of it. At the very least, Bethenny would have taken a photo herself and posted it on her SM. So, Yes, I am calling BS on Bethenny's claim.

Yes, Mrs. Hoppy should have know but again, as other notaries here admitted, many of them didn't know this either. Bethenny filed against the attorney of record on the trust but not against Mrs. Hoppy and she didn't, IMO, because she knew that it wasn't done to commit fraud to begin with. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I know you were advocating for a compromise as well.  I was responding to what I think it was reported that Jason wanted, the every other weekend thing.  

The every other weekend thing, no matter how close/far the grandparents are is (IMO) extreme and an unfair ask. I wouldn’t do it to my husband and wouldn’t do it for him. Jason’s need to spend that kind of time with his parents (regularly, mandated) is odd to me. Yes, love your parents. Yes, see them, but part of marriage is creating your own family. That comes first. Have grandparents as part of your whole life. Cherish them. But, incorporating them into the marriage (with mandated weekend visits twice a month) is not part of the marriage deal in my opinion. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

The every other weekend thing, no matter how close/far the grandparents are is (IMO) extreme and an unfair ask. I wouldn’t do it to my husband and wouldn’t do it for him. Jason’s need to spend that kind of time with his parents (regularly, mandated) is odd to me. Yes, love your parents. Yes, see them, but part of marriage is creating your own family. That comes first. Have grandparents as part of your whole life. Cherish them. But, incorporating them into the marriage (with mandated weekend visits twice a month) is not part of the marriage deal in my opinion. 

Yes, Jason's initial "demand" was too much but he backed off and rather quickly as well. And we never, ever heard either of his parents "demand" anything. We saw 1 or 2 trips to PA and several visits from his parents over the course of 3 years, that's not much or too frequent IMO. 

• Love 5

Had this occurred during a photo shoot there would be pictures of it. At the very least, Bethenny would have taken a photo herself and posted it on her SM. So, Yes, I am calling BS on Bethenny's claim.

This seems to a different argument than "Bethenny and anyone who works for Bethenny is a liar" but I will address it. Frankly, I think people forget that photo shoots aren't necessarily photographers running around, camera in hand snapping photos. The cameras tend to be stationary and rather fussily set up, and aimed at the photoshoot target area. I wouldn't undo what took hours to set up to take pictures of two people being rude, not if I wanted to get out of there in a reasonable amount of time.

Your better argument is the lack of cell phone pics but... this took place what... 2012? 2013? It wasn't as common for people to reach for their cell phones. 

Yes, Mrs. Hoppy should have know but again, as other notaries here admitted, many of them didn't know this either.

Again, I really don't see how this alters the fact that Mrs. Hoppy shouldn't have been signing off on the trust. Is she supposed to be applauded for being ignorant of her responsibilities as a notary? I get that your earlier point is that *Bethenny* should have known, Bethenny is a smart cookie who should totally have known that Mrs. Hoppy was a PA notary and that it wasn't ok for Mrs. Hoppy to sign off on the trust.... but I don't understand why *Bethenny* should have known all this but Mrs. Hoppy, the actual notary, isn't at fault for not knowing her own job parameters simply because lots of other notaries are also woefully ignorant as well.

Bethenny should have known but gosh and golly there's no reason to question or judge Mrs. Hoppy, she's just the notary and notaries aren't required to know what a notary can and can't do... only Bethenny Frankel is on the hook for that, not the notary!

I mean hell, Jason's scheme to get the apartment thru the trust would have worked if he hadn't used his mommy as the notary. Bethenny only won this one because Jason made more idiot moves than her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We only have Bethenny's word that this happened and I don't trust someone that claims they were "lost at sea" with such ease/conviction when that was a complete lie. Bethenny stretches the truth so far that it is no longer true and does so to paint herself as the victim. 

As far as the e-mail mess, we have no idea what his parent did or did not advise him to do, again, because they have never spoken publicly about Bethenny, Bryn or Jason.

I never got the feeling that they were "clingy" with Jason or Bryn. Yes, they were/are close to their son and desired to be close to their granddaughter but nothing out of the ordinary IMO. 

I agree. I don't see wanting to be an active part of your grandchildren's lives' as creepy. Bethenny has all these abusive childhood stories where the adults responsible for her existence ( parents; pack of wolves),  didn't want to be actively involved in her life. Which is creepier?

• Love 9
(edited)

I've had a camera phone since 2003 and the iPhone 4 came out in 2010. Trust me, people were whipping out their phones to take pictures in 2012-2013. I've been posting on Instagram since 2012.

If anyone ever tried to get something notarized, you'd know how tough it is to find someone available at the time you need them. I know, I know, banks and insurance agencies...AAA. But having access to a notary, unfortunately in this case Mrs. Hoppy, would have been a convenience and one less headache to have to deal with, and unfortunately it wasn't 100% the right thing to do.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4

As for the boxer shorts during the photo shoot, if that's Jason's home.....and he has a right to be in it, what is wrong with him wearing whatever the fuck he wants to wear on the weekends hanging around in his house? Nothing. If Bethenny wanted a photoshoot at home she takes what she gets. For chrissakes there are are children starving in our own country and Bethenny has to make a federal case out of boxer shorts wearing. Suck it up. It's underwear. Poor Bethenny woe is her. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I thought the issue was Jason's father walking around in his boxers.

And if Bethenny was conducting business out of the apartment at the time (which we know she did) Jason shouldn't be walking around in his boxers either. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Is this possible?

image.png

That the reunion was easy? That was posted 4 hrs a go and Andy just IGd 30 minutes ago that it was still going on and he had requested five aspirin. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That the reunion was easy? That was posted 4 hrs a go and Andy just IGd 30 minutes ago that it was still going on and he had requested five aspirin. 

Hmmmm, I follow him and I can’t find that one.  :-(

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was in his instastory and it’s still up.

Hahaha, I had FOMO.   But remember those posts aren’t immediate.  He might have recorded that during lunch and just posted now.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I made that screenshot at 7:23 pm and Twitter has Bethenny's tweet marked 26 minutes ago - not 4 hours.   

Edited by AnnA
(edited)
5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Hahaha, I had FOMO.   But remember those posts aren’t immediate.  He might have recorded that during lunch and just posted now.

Someone was posting on FB in real time as they arrived for the show at that was 7 hours ago. No way the reunion only lasted 3 hours.

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I made that screenshot at 7:23 pm and Twitter has Bethenny's tweet marked 26 minutes ago - not 4 hours.   

If you look at her Ig right now it says 4 hours ago. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Someone was posting in a FB time as the arrived for the show at that was 7 hours ago. No way the reunion only lasted 3 hours.

If you look at her Ig right now it says 4 hours ago. 

OK. I believe you.   Did she have the same easy comment?  If so that would have been around 4pm

I don't use, follow or access Facebook or IG and don't intend to start now.   I refuse to get sucked into it.  Twitter is my only SM vice. 

• Love 2
Just now, AnnA said:

OK. I believe you.   Did she have the same easy comment?  If so that would have been around 4pm

I don't use, follow or access Facebook or IG and don't intend to start now.   I refuse to get sucked into it.  Twitter is my only SM vice. 

Yeah she posted it on IG first and then it went out later to her FB and Twitter. Apparently her SM team were slacking!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah she posted it on IG first and then it went out later to her FB and Twitter. Apparently her SM team were slacking!

Ha Ha

OK. Thanks.  The interesting thing is the "easy breezy" comment.   Of course if they weren't finished, things could go downhill fast. 

30 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Bethenny got snappish with Brynn in her Instastories.  I wasn't prepared for that :( 

It was a first for Bethenny but I’ve heard everyone from Kyle Richards to Busy Phillips get snappish.  Odd I seem to remember it’s usually about saying no more than once.  Just FYI Busy got snappish on a podcast not on her insta.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Bethenny got snappish with Brynn in her Instastories.  I wasn't prepared for that :( 

Although I doubt this is the first she has snapped at Bryn, normal parent thing, I am surprised she posted it on SM. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Link, please? Or could you describe it? Thank you very much!

Piece of cake.  You just do a search for Bethenny on Instagram.  It was a story today so you’ll be able to see it until some time tomorrow.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Piece of cake.  You just do a search for Bethenny on Instagram.  It was a story today so you’ll be able to see it until some time tomorrow.

Total daily parental thing. Bethenny was in the pool filming a friend who was sunbathing with the pooches and Bryn was trying to get on B’s raft and she’s told her not to do that whole b had a phone in her hand and they were in the water. She snapped in the way a parent does when the kid does something a little startling.

in about 5 minutes I’m sure we will be seeing people calling for a new custody hearing based on that 10 second exchange.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

You have to have an IG account/follow Bethenny to see it. If you are not a member, you will not be able to view her IG stories. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, bagger said:

Total daily parental thing. Bethenny was in the pool filming a friend who was sunbathing with the pooches and Bryn was trying to get on B’s raft and she’s told her not to do that whole b had a phone in her hand and they were in the water. She snapped in the way a parent does when the kid does something a little startling.

in about 5 minutes I’m sure we will be seeing people calling for a new custody hearing based on that 10 second exchange.

I’m not willing to go so far as a new custody hearing based on that exchange but I think it’s pretty telling that Bryn got snapped at for potentially interfering with Bethennys filming/social media material. The horror. That’s the relationship she is in.  #priorities 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8

I just watched the story in instagram and she *mildly* snapped at her because she thought she was going to get knocked off her raft with her phone in her hand, which would result in her phone dropping into the pool.  I'm not sure I would even call it snapping it was more of a 'watch out, be careful' kind of thing. It would be a major concern for Bethenny if her phone got dropped into a pool. For one thing she wouldn't be able to record it and post it on insta. For Bethenny it would almost be like that moment didn't exist. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I’m not willing to go so far as a new custody hearing based on that exchange but I think it’s pretty telling that Bryn got snapped at for potentially interfering with Bethennys filming/social media material. The horror. That’s the relationship she is in.  #priorities 

I think she got snapped at because of the potential of B falling into the water with an electronic device and ruining it ymmv.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, coops said:

It would be a major concern for Bethenny if her phone got dropped into a pool. For one thing she wouldn't be able to record it and post it on insta. For Bethenny it would almost be like that moment didn't exist. 

Exaaaactly. Bryn attn seeking because she competes with that phone/ cameras.  There's the court forensic psych exam in a nutshell. That'll be $1200. 

• Love 14
On 7/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Never a Bethenny apologist, but there is no way in fresh hell that I would schlep myself, my baby, my toddler, my child, my dog, my pet cricket, to my in-laws every other weekend.  Schlepping to the in-laws is not remotely comparable to schlepping to the Hamptons, in my most humble opinion.

I happen to think that the Hoppys appeared to be awesome folks, and would be nothing but a positive addition to Bryn's life, but c'mon now, that's a lot.

(-;

Dude, my in-laws expected us at their house every weekend.  Luckily my husband doesn’t like his parents either so we were both on the 1-2 times a year train but it caused major issues between me and his parents.  It got better after we moved to the Middle East.  LOL. 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, Sun-Bun said:

His first insistence was every weekend. Then he so graciously “compromised” to once every other week. Still way too much—-once a month should’ve been the most to suggest for such visits. I’ll agree that Beth could’ve at least tried that for a few months and see if it worked for them.

But yeah, I did find his parents creepy, sorry. They didn’t seem to realize how healthy modern professional couples work and Jason didn’t help things by establishing natural boundaries. Even they should’ve had the wherewithal to understand how tiring and inconvenient those visits would be to the new family.

Jason is a man-child. My husband’s middle brother (ironically named Jason) is like that. At his parents every weekend, mooches off of them, and just doesn’t get what a grown man with a professional job and two kids should do or live. Jason needed to set ground rules with his parents based off of what he and B agreed on.  It wasn’t fair to B to miss out on family time every other weekend or drag her along to a situation where she was uncomfortable. 

• Love 8
On 7/17/2018 at 10:04 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Never a Bethenny apologist, but there is no way in fresh hell that I would schlep myself, my baby, my toddler, my child, my dog, my pet cricket, to my in-laws every other weekend.  Schlepping to the in-laws is not remotely comparable to schlepping to the Hamptons, in my most humble opinion.

I happen to think that the Hoppys appeared to be awesome folks, and would be nothing but a positive addition to Bryn's life, but c'mon now, that's a lot.

(-;

Not even for your pet cricket?! Harsh. (Just kidding.)

Yeah, I'm on the same wave length here. I don't care for Bethenny these days--haven't for a few years--but I didn't think she was being unreasonable by not wanting to schlep to Hazelton even every month, especially with a new baby. All the stuff that you have to bring for just the baby...oy. Jason was asking a lot. 

• Love 5

The other thing that always really bugged me with Jason is that he argued that his way was best and should be adopted because he had a family and Bethenny just didn't know. Sure, she had a fractured family and didn't have relationships with her parents, but, that doesn't mean that his family is automatically the right way to do things or emotionally healthy.  We saw a bit of footage of his parents, who knows what they were like when the cameras went away?  For arguments sake, let's say they didn't change at all.  That's cool, it still doesn't mean it's the way that Bethenny and Jason should live their lives with their family.

I had a fairly disjointed childhood with divorced parents who fought, a parent who remarried, lots of running from place to place on holidays, custody agreements, and other general chaos.  My husband also has divorced parents, but, he comes from two pretty close families, who didn't fight, so had a vastly different childhood.  On the surface, you'd say that we should NEVER do anything that I did as a kid, because my life was messed up, but the truth is, in some ways, his family is way more screwed up than mine, it's just not right out there for you to see it.  So, years and years of marriage later, we've done what I think MOST people do and have reached an equilibrium, it's OUR way.  We've taken a little of my stuff that worked, a little of his stuff that worked and found a LOT of new stuff that we did together.  If I was expected to just adopt my husband's way of life/doing things because he had a prettier outside picture, it wouldn't go well.  No one can see the entire picture, we only see the surface, and, it's also unreasonable to expect that you don’t get to create a life that works for everyone. 

• Love 11

I wouldn't bring my phone in a pool. But my phone dropping in a pool would be a concern for me. I would probably mildly snap at my kid too. But I understand that phones are part of today's society snd I do not think change is frightening or confusing.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, smores said:

So, years and years of marriage later, we've done what I think MOST people do and have reached an equilibrium, it's OUR way.  We've taken a little of my stuff that worked, a little of his stuff that worked and found a LOT of new stuff that we did together.  If I was expected to just adopt my husband's way of life/doing things because he had a prettier outside picture, it wouldn't go well.  No one can see the entire picture, we only see the surface, and, it's also unreasonable to expect that you don’t get to create a life that works for everyone.

This is what always got me about Jason and the Hoppys. It's not that I thought that they were terrible or toxic, but they were clearly traumatized by their son's death and were a bit provincial. They, Jason included, didn't seem to understand how important it is for new families to create their own memories and traditions and just how enmeshed they were. That's problematic in itself too. And Jason throwing it back in Bethenny's face that she didn't know what a family looked like told me he didn't have the perspective to identify his own unhealthy patterns and behaviors. I haven't spent time with Bethenny, but watched her on TV and find her completely exhausting. I find it hard to believe that "normal Jason" could have married her and ignored all of the warning signs. I think he's a lot more like Bethenny than he would care to admit. 

• Love 13

I admired the compassion and tenderness Bethany showed Dorinda tonight. After B's breakdown about Carol and her life closing in on her, she listened to Lu, shared her experience of Dorinda's drunken meltdown at the business dinner, which was taped so already out there, in order to to give Lu perspective on the incident, and then went downstairs to talk Dorinda down. When she got down she quickly fixed Dorinda's Baby Jane lipstick, something Dorinda's "friend" Carole didn't bother doing, and talked her calmly to her.

Carole was clearly enjoying Dorinda make a fool of herself, and Dorinda has been chipping away at B for a while. Bethsny could have left Carole to it.

This is why even though B is controlling and self destructive, arrogant, and a smart mouth, I still like her.

• Love 11

I find it hard to believe that "normal Jason" could have married her and ignored all of the warning signs. I think he's a lot more like Bethenny than he would care to admit. 

This. 

Look, there are things I will defend Bethenny on - I don't think she's the mastermind of evil she's often credited as being - but let's be honest. Her neurotic behavior and flaws were *never* hidden. Jason knew what he was walking into and shared some of her flaws, imo. 

Take this issue of the parents wanting the grandchild every week end. It was an unreasonable request, I don't think anyone is arguing about that. But Jason didn't really handle it with any negotiation, rather than listen to Bethenny's ideas on forming their own traditions, he flat out said she was wrong and she was wrong because she had no family, thereby assigning himself the winner simply because he had a theoretically good upbringing. (I say theoretically because Jason seems like a bit of a mess and I don't think that was all Bethenny)

Now, could they both have handled this better? Of course. Was Jason the perfect partner who did nothing wrong? No. Frankly he seems as batshit as Bethenny and no, I don't put that all on Bethenny because she's not actually an evil mastermind and Jason isn't her blameless victim who has no control over his own behavior. They're both toxic. Funny how he's still single... I'm willing to bet they both end up alone and bitter.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This. 

Look, there are things I will defend Bethenny on - I don't think she's the mastermind of evil she's often credited as being - but let's be honest. Her neurotic behavior and flaws were *never* hidden. Jason knew what he was walking into and shared some of her flaws, imo. 

Take this issue of the parents wanting the grandchild every week end. It was an unreasonable request, I don't think anyone is arguing about that. But Jason didn't really handle it with any negotiation, rather than listen to Bethenny's ideas on forming their own traditions, he flat out said she was wrong and she was wrong because she had no family, thereby assigning himself the winner simply because he had a theoretically good upbringing. (I say theoretically because Jason seems like a bit of a mess and I don't think that was all Bethenny)

Now, could they both have handled this better? Of course. Was Jason the perfect partner who did nothing wrong? No. Frankly he seems as batshit as Bethenny and no, I don't put that all on Bethenny because she's not actually an evil mastermind and Jason isn't her blameless victim who has no control over his own behavior. They're both toxic. Funny how he's still single... I'm willing to bet they both end up alone and bitter.

Exactly.  I think it isn’t a case of one being the angel and the other being the devil.  They were both at fault in this (as in the case with most relationship breakdowns, in my experience). Jason knew what he was getting into with Bethenny.  She doesn’t hide who she really is.  His attitude towards her with regards to the parent situation was what initially turned me off.  I have a much healthier relationship with my parents but I didn’t force my husband into hanging out with them or declare myself the judge of parenting decisions because of that.  Well, maybe the parenting decision one I do.  LOL. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/25/2018 at 5:44 PM, HunterHunted said:

This is what always got me about Jason and the Hoppys. It's not that I thought that they were terrible or toxic, but they were clearly traumatized by their son's death and were a bit provincial. They, Jason included, didn't seem to understand how important it is for new families to create their own memories and traditions and just how enmeshed they were. That's problematic in itself too. And Jason throwing it back in Bethenny's face that she didn't know what a family looked like told me he didn't have the perspective to identify his own unhealthy patterns and behaviors. I haven't spent time with Bethenny, but watched her on TV and find her completely exhausting. I find it hard to believe that "normal Jason" could have married her and ignored all of the warning signs. I think he's a lot more like Bethenny than he would care to admit. 

I keep going back to the pregnancy being the reason for the marriage.  Given time, I suspect both B and J would have realized they were not well-matched.  But there was a pregnancy, and both of them Wanted a child.  B was probably, In theory, interested in J’s stable family, and maybe J was interested in giving B the family she said she never had.  Who knows.  But then add the pressure of a televised wedding (for which I blame B completely, but opinions can vary), and I bet neither could contemplate backing out.

i blame B more because she knew reality tv, J didn’t.  But both likely weren’t thinking about the long term.

Edited by Mrs peel
Lord I am a bad typist!
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/27/2018 at 8:54 PM, Mrs peel said:

I keep going back to the pregnancy being the reason for the marriage.  Given time, I suspect both B and J would have realized they were not well-matched.  But there was a pregnancy, and both of them Wanted a child.  B was probably, I. Theory, interested in J’s stable family, and maybe J was interested in giving B the family she said she never had.  Who knows.  But knows.  But then add the pressure of a televised we’d g (for which I blame B completely, but opinions can vary), and I bet neither could contemplate backing out.

i blame B more because she knew reality, J didn’t.  But both likely weren’t thinking about the long term.

I wish I could find the profile in the New York Times about Bethenny. It was done a couple of months after they met. Jason admitted that he knew who she was when he approached her and he negged her. He may not have understood the ins and outs of reality tv filming, but he knew she was on reality tv and she was known for being a lot.

But I agree the pregnancy accelerated a relationship that would have imploded naturally on its own in a year.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7