Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Jason never had to go to Bernadette's but that was Bethenny's choice and not his, so we can't hold that against him. He supported Bethenny's decision about her mother and she needed to do the same about his parents. 

I'm not holding anything against Jason. I'm just not going to give him brownie points for doing something when he didn't actually do it. He never had to give up his weekend to go do something he hated.  It makes him slightly less entitled to demand that Bethenny either give up her weekend or sit home alone.

7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

He supported Bethenny's decision about her mother and she needed to do the same about his parents.

I don't think there is any comparison between the two situations.  What was the expression, apples and spaceships?I

Bethenny's mother is/was a hateful nutjob. Bethenny choosing to not have a relationship with her was a decision based on the need to protect her own sanity and prevent Bernadette from emotionally poisoning the family.  Accepting the reality of that situation and supporting Bethenny's decision doesn't mean Jason is entitled to carte blanche to demand whatever he wants of Bethenny with regard to seeing his parents.  That's completely unfair. 

Suppose the situation was reversed ...let's say Bethenny agreed to see the Hoppies as Jason wanted, every other weekend. Would it mean he had to agree to go sleep in Bernadette's spare bedroom with Bryn and Bethenny every other weekend and expose them all to her insanity just because Bethenny (foolishly) wanted it?  Of course not. No one would demand he do such a thing based on a misguided policy of obligation to support your spouse's decision because they supported yours. Sometimes your spouse's decision SUCKS. It's selfish and unfair.  Dumb. They may have respected your perfectly rational, understandable choice but that doesn't mean you necessarily have to capitulate to their ridiculous or foolish demands just because. Not in my opinion, anyway!

• Love 7

Watching this unfold is when I started to dislike Jason.    I was happy for Bethenny and Jason and liked them both until this started.   Could Bethenny have been more flexible about the visits?    Yes definitely.   Was Jason unreasonable?   Absolutely!   And then he became insufferable about visiting his parents.   

5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not holding anything against Jason. I'm just not going to give him brownie points for doing something when he didn't actually do it. He never had to give up his weekend to go do something he hated.  It makes him slightly less entitled to demand that Bethenny either give up her weekend or sit home alone.

I don't think there is any comparison between the two situations.  What was the expression, apples and spaceships?I

Bethenny's mother is/was a hateful nutjob. Bethenny choosing to not have a relationship with her was a decision based on the need to protect her own sanity and prevent Bernadette from emotionally poisoning the family.  Accepting the reality of that situation and supporting Bethenny's decision doesn't mean Jason is entitled to carte blanche to demand whatever he wants of Bethenny with regard to seeing his parents.  That's completely unfair. 

Suppose the situation was reversed ...let's say Bethenny agreed to see the Hoppies as Jason wanted, every other weekend. Would it mean he had to agree to go sleep in Bernadette's spare bedroom with Bryn and Bethenny every other weekend and expose them all to her insanity just because Bethenny (foolishly) wanted it?  Of course not. No one would demand he do such a thing based on a misguided policy of obligation to support your spouse's decision because they supported yours. Sometimes your spouse's decision SUCKS. It's selfish and unfair.  Dumb. They may have respected your perfectly rational, understandable choice but that doesn't mean you necessarily have to capitulate to their ridiculous or foolish demands just because. Not in my opinion, anyway!

Yes 

Yes

Yes

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nor does it entitle Bethenny to demand he give up his family time with his parents and that is what she wanted him to do IMO. She didn't just want him to cut back on the visits, she wanted to limit him t a couple of visits a year and none of them on a holiday. She knew he was close to his parents when she married him and he knew she was estranged from her mother when he married her, she demanded him to change, he didn't do that to her.

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Watching this unfold is when I started to dislike Jason.    I was happy for Bethenny and Jason and liked them both until this started.   Could Bethenny have been more flexible about the visits?    Yes definitely.   Was Jason unreasonable?   Absolutely!   And then he became insufferable about visiting his parents.   

Yes 

Yes

Yes

How was he unreasonable when he gave into her demands? IMO, she was the unreasonable one, not him.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Oh, and Jason was correct, Bethenny didn't/doesn't know what being a family means.

Why is Jason's definition of "family" more right or better than anyone else's? Who the hell put him in charge? It might come as news flash to Prince Jason, but families come in all shapes and sizes and they have all kinds of practices. Not every family fits the standard mold and does things the Hoppy way.  Maybe Bethenny wanted to find her own path as a family instead of being absorbed into The Borg.  I can't say I'd blame her. Because according to my definition of family, Jason and his parents are sickly and suffocatingly enmeshed with serious boundary issues. I think they need professional intervention to come to terms with their fucked upness.  I can see her not wanting Bryn becoming a part of all that. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

She said first it’s a lot to do every weekend, packing driving 5 hours each way after working all week.  

It's two hours and fifteen minutes from NYC to Hazelton, not five hours each way.  (And Frankel would have gone five times that distance if the Hoppys had been named Kennedy and the destination was the Vineyard ; )

That said, it was never about logistics, imo (money fixes those kinds of issues -- stay at a romantic inn instead of the dreaded Hoppy home, or ask your in-laws to babysit while you slip away for a fun overnight trip with your husband, etc etc). Frankel didn't want to solve the issue; she just wanted it to disappear.  She didn't desire a close knit extended family (if she had, she would have moved heaven and earth to fulfill that need -- like her or not, one of Bethenny Frankel strengths is she always hustles to get what she wants).  And now Bryn hangs out with her extended family, without her mother ever being part of Bryn's memories of happy family gatherings  -- what a sad twist of fate (for all of them).

My mil would walk into our bedroom without knocking/announcing herself

Jesus,  WW, that was ballsy on her part.  

I hope (just once) you timed it so she walked in on you playing cowgirl, riding away ("Yes, yes, yes! -- can I help you, MIL?"; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

How was he unreasonable when he gave into her demands? IMO, she was the unreasonable one, not him.

Let's just agree to disagree

34 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's two hours and fifteen minutes from NYC to Hazelton, not five hours each way. 

I live 50 miles from Manhattan and it usually takes me more than two hours and 15 minutes to drive home.  More than once it's taken me two hours just to get out of Manhattan.    Hazelton is 130 miles from midtown.   

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's two hours and fifteen minutes from NYC to Hazelton, not five hours each way.  (And Frankel would have gone five times that distance if the Hoppys had been named Kennedy and the destination was the Vineyard ; )

That said, it was never about logistics, imo (money fixes those kinds of issues -- stay at a romantic inn instead of the dreaded Hoppy home, or ask your in-laws to babysit while you slip away for a fun overnight trip with your husband, etc etc). Frankel didn't want to solve the issue; she just wanted it to disappear.  She didn't desire a close knit extended family (if she had, she would have moved heaven and earth to fulfill that need -- like her or not, one of Bethenny Frankel strengths is she always hustles to get what she wants).  And now Bryn hangs out with her extended family, without her mother ever being part of Bryn's memories of happy family gatherings  -- what a sad twist of fate (for all of them).

Jesus,  WW, that was ballsy on her part.  

I hope (just once) you timed it so she walked in on you playing cowgirl, riding away ("Yes, yes, yes! -- can I help you, MIL?"; )

Hell, I swear that woman had a camera in our bedroom at our home because she would call that the most awkward times! I finally told her what we were doing and why neither of us wanted to just "talk" with her. She stopped calling in the evening after that but the weekends we didn't go see them were tricky to time. LOL

2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Let's just agree to disagree

Sure! Sounds good to me.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but I don't ever remember the Hoppys' demanding to have Jason and Beth come to Hazelton every weekend or every other weekend.  Sure.  They wanted to see their grandchild as much as possible but I never have remember a demand.  Now....Jason 'did' want to go to Hazelton a lot.  Beth didn't want any part of it.  Why?  I think she just doesn't 'get' family.  But whatever.

In the end, I think it's great that Bryn does have relatives that she sees frequently.  Ok.  I'm assuming.  It's just not just about her grandparents but IIRC there are other relatives of Jason who live out there. 

On another note, as for the Hoppy's age...age is relative.  People in their seventies or eighties for the most part are totally capable of caring for a child.  Are there exceptions?  Sure.  But for the most part, there are so many people that seem to think that when you reach your sixties (no less seventies or eighties) that suddenly you're feeble.  Nope. 

• Love 7

I just watched an insta story where Biggie was on the roof just outside of a window and she was trying to grab him with ONE free hand so she could continue to film with the other.  I don't love or hate her and even find her funny at times, but she certainly makes some really poor choices when it comes to social media. She (and Biggie) were was lucky it turned out okay.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, smeds said:

I just watched an insta story where Biggie was on the roof just outside of a window and she was trying to grab him with ONE free hand so she could continue to film with the other.  I don't love or hate her and even find her funny at times, but she certainly makes some really poor choices when it comes to social media. She (and Biggie) were was lucky it turned out okay.

How is it that she didn't have screens for her windows, she has a young child! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, smeds said:

I just watched an insta story where Biggie was on the roof just outside of a window and she was trying to grab him with ONE free hand so she could continue to film with the other.  

So fucked up -- who doesn't drop their phone the minute you realize your dog is out on the roof? Who keeps filming that? And then posts it with a cutesy "Biggie is a cat" caption, as if she has no awareness of how wrong it all could have gone? 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

How is it that she didn't have screens for her windows, she has a young child! 

Which is exactly how Eric Clapton lost his child. Very sad story and totally preventable. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Which is exactly how Eric Clapton lost his child. Very sad story and totally preventabl

That was shocking.  But remember, a screen does not keep a child from pushing out.  A locked window does.  But take a close look.  He is on the balcony off of her bedroom and jumped up on the railing.  What looks like a window is actually a screen door that is open against the balcony railing.  So a baby would be safe but I wouldn’t trust a toddler.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

That was shocking.  But remember, a screen does not keep a child from pushing out.  A locked window does.  But take a close look.  He is on the balcony off of her bedroom and jumped up on the railing.  What looks like a window is actually a screen door that is open against the balcony railing.  So a baby would be safe but I wouldn’t trust a toddler.  

I’m not on instagram so I thank you for your description so I can better understand what the discussion is about. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Thanks for the clarification of the situation. I see that it was the balcony off of her bedroom on a second viewing. Either way, I wasn't questioning how Biggie ended up on the roof because sometimes things happen, but rather how Bethenny handled the situation by continuing to film rather than just grab her dog with both hands. I have no doubt that she loves her dogs but she just lacks some common sense in these situations.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, smeds said:

Thanks for the clarification of the situation. I see that it was the balcony off of her bedroom on a second viewing. Either way, I wasn't questioning how Biggie ended up on the roof because sometimes things happen, but rather how Bethenny handled the situation by continuing to film rather than just grab her dog with both hands. I have no doubt that she loves her dogs but she just lacks some common sense in these situations.

Once this conversation got started I had to take a second look and that’s when I realized where he was.  I credit her with just staying calm and not screeching at him.  In fact, she didn’t grab him until he decided to leave tha railing and head out on the roof.  Maybe I’m too blasé about this stuff these days.  I watch Kyle Richards chasing a dog with a friggin $1000 pillow in it’s mouth with one hand filming.  I do think the best thing in this case was to insist the dog jump down.  I can’t film a vase from a chair so I’m usually impressed by the one hand agility.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 1

Things like this are what make me really dislike Bethenny. I can deal with the talking about people and showing her ass for the show, shouting and insulting people. I figure anyone who involves themselves with her socially or professionally should probably be prepared for her well known behavior and they make a choice to either stick around and deal with it or hit the road. But this poor dog has no choice about being around her. Can't she drop the narcissistic need to makes show of herself for the whole world for long enough to pull her goddamned dog to safety?  Jesus Christ. 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Once this conversation got started I had to take a second look and that’s when I realized where he was.  I credit her with just staying calm and not screeching at him.  In fact, she didn’t grab him until he decided to leave tha railing and head out on the roof.  Maybe I’m too blasé about this stuff these days.  I watch Kyle Richards chasing a dog with a friggin $1000 pillow in it’s mouth with one hand filming.  I do think the best thing in this case was to insist the dog jump down.  I can’t film a vase from a chair so I’m usually impressed by the one hand agility.

I agree.   The worst thing she could have done was try to grab the dog.   That probably would have startled him and could have caused him to lose his balance.    I was relieved to learn he was on her balcony and not the roof.   I couldn't imagine anyone living without screens on their windows but they won't keep a child or pet inside anyway.   I had a cat knock out the screen on a second floor window trying to catch a fly.  I found the dead fly on the window sill,  the screen popped out onto the deck and the cat ran off.   It took me five weeks to get her back.   Thankfully, she wasn't injured.

7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I was relieved to learn he was on her balcony and not the roof. 

He actually was on the roof.  At first, he had his 2 front paws on the ledge of the balcony and his 2 back paws on the roof. He actually put all four paws onto the roof when Bethenny called him and that was then that she grabbed his collar. 

• Love 2

Bethenny Frankel is not the first person alive who has not wanted to spend every second weekend at her in-laws, driving distance notwithstanding.

commenting for a friend.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

Bethenny Frankel is not the first person alive who has not wanted to spend every second weekend at her in-laws, driving distance notwithstanding.

commenting for a friend.

I wouldn't do it

• Love 5

Bottom line for me is that if a pet is in a situation that could be potentially unsafe, picking up my phone to 'film' it isn't the first thought that comes to mind.  My first thought is to get the pet to safety.  She is pathetic.  She, to me, did the same thing with Cookie.  Instead of thinking about how she could help her pet, she picked up her phone and filmed.  That's just totally 'f'ed up.

• Love 11
On 7/14/2018 at 8:14 PM, AnnA said:

Yes 

Yes

Yes

this is when I started to have issues with Jason as well - and then re-watching his introduction via RHONY, I saw some red flags... I think it's completely ridiculous to expect a new mother to take a 10 hour total (round trip) voyage to the inlaws. It's awesome his parents wanted to be involved with their granddaughter but it was unrealistic to expect every weekend or every other weekend - especially right after Brynn was born. Maybe it would have been a different story once Brynn was a little older. No doubt Bethenny can be a nutjob (although I still like her on the show), but Jason wasn't all that great either... And ultimately he decided to get into a relationship and then marriage with Bethenny so... yeah... Hopefully at this point Brynn has a healthy relationship with her Hoppy Grandparents and her Dad. I'm hoping by now they are thinking of Brynn first (on both sides - both Bethenny and Jason) vs dragging their ex around their child.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

this is when I started to have issues with Jason as well - and then re-watching his introduction via RHONY, I saw some red flags... I think it's completely ridiculous to expect a new mother to take a 10 hour total (round trip) voyage to the inlaws. It's awesome his parents wanted to be involved with their granddaughter but it was unrealistic to expect every weekend or every other weekend - especially right after Brynn was born. Maybe it would have been a different story once Brynn was a little older. No doubt Bethenny can be a nutjob (although I still like her on the show), but Jason wasn't all that great either... And ultimately he decided to get into a relationship and then marriage with Bethenny so... yeah... Hopefully at this point Brynn has a healthy relationship with her Hoppy Grandparents and her Dad. I'm hoping by now they are thinking of Brynn first (on both sides - both Bethenny and Jason) vs dragging their ex around their child.

It's actually about a two and half hour trip or five hours round trip.  Again, I've stated this upthread, when did Jason's parents expect Jason and Beth to come to PA every weekend?  Jason talked about it but I don't recall his parents saying they expected it.  They may have hoped for it and as grandparents I can get that.  Yeah, Jason got into a relationship with Beth.  She also got pregnant.  That complicates the situation.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It's actually about a two and half hour trip or five hours round trip.  Again, I've stated this upthread, when did Jason's parents expect Jason and Beth to come to PA every weekend?  Jason talked about it but I don't recall his parents saying they expected it.  They may have hoped for it and as grandparents I can get that.  Yeah, Jason got into a relationship with Beth.  She also got pregnant.  That complicates the situation.

And least anyone forget, Bethenny got into a relationship with Jason, got pregnant, and then freely married him. Although, if she is to be believed now, she has since said that she felt pressured/forced/coerced into getting married by Andy/production/Bravo. LOL

• Love 11
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Bottom line for me is that if a pet is in a situation that could be potentially unsafe, picking up my phone to 'film' it isn't the first thought that comes to mind.  My first thought is to get the pet to safety.  She is pathetic.  She, to me, did the same thing with Cookie.  Instead of thinking about how she could help her pet, she picked up her phone and filmed.  That's just totally 'f'ed up.

Beth should get one of those hands-free selfie sticks that SNL demonstrated a couple years ago. 

Or have a GoPro surgically attached to her head. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And least anyone forget, Bethenny got into a relationship with Jason, got pregnant, and then freely married him. Although, if she is to be believed now, she has since said that she felt pressured/forced/coerced into getting married by Andy/production/Bravo. LOL

My ex in laws drove me crazy, but I was still a driving factor in my ex seeing them at least once a year, they lived across country. Family is very important to me. But there is no way, 2 1/2 hour each way trips twice a month or once a month would have happened. Maybe once a mont. But, those are NOT the types of conversations I had with my ex. I would have been blindsided, like IMO B was, and not happy. They could have schlepped to NY too, if the wanted to see Brynn that often. If it was that important. Also, Hoppy knew who he was marrying, none of that should have shocked him. If we're going to say, she got knocked up, and should just suck it up, about B.

• Love 5

Well, the Hoppys' did come to NYC.  We saw it on the show.

It's interesting what we consider too much distance and what's ok.  Heck, driving from the city out to Hamptons on a Friday in the summertime is easily a two hour event or even driving to the Jersey shore or the Catskills (ok, that's even longer). 

Now don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't expect Beth to be with the Hoppys' every weekend.  My two cents is about the Hoppys' demanding it every weekend or even every other week or once a month.  That was Jason who wanted to be with his parents every few weeks.  Was he wrong?  Yeah, to a certain extent.  What he wanted was too much.  Now, on the other hand, Beth not wanting to be with his parents on a holiday....that I don't get and I think she was wrong.  I know others will disagree.  Love them or hate them, holidays are about being with family.  Beth just doesn't get the family thing.  And, it's sad because of her decisions she is alone. She doesn't have family because of her choices.  She only has Bryn and she may love that child very much but at the same time, what the heck were you thinking when you were recording your dog in a seizure with your child right there?  

• Love 7

The problem wasn't that he wanted it -- a feller can dream after all -- it's that he shamed her and insulted her for not wanting to do it. That's what was shitty about it, imo.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

My ex in laws drove me crazy, but I was still a driving factor in my ex seeing them at least once a year, they lived across country. Family is very important to me. But there is no way, 2 1/2 hour each way trips twice a month or once a month would have happened. Maybe once a mont. But, those are NOT the types of conversations I had with my ex. I would have been blindsided, like IMO B was, and not happy. They could have schlepped to NY too, if the wanted to see Brynn that often. If it was that important. Also, Hoppy knew who he was marrying, none of that should have shocked him. If we're going to say, she got knocked up, and should just suck it up, about B.

Couples compromise, it's part of being married but both of them tended to dig their heels in. In the end, they didn't go to the in laws very much at all and the in laws did make the trip to NY once a month or so, which meant that Bethenny more or less won and she still wasn't happy. Bethenny knew who Jason was as well, that he was very close to his parents/family and that those relationships were important to him. IMO, she loved that about him in the beginning but realized that she really didn't like having "extended family" (his or hers) in the long run. I suspect that Bethenny is the type that wants something she doesn't have then after getting it, becomes bored or decides it isn't worth it. She has, IMO, a short attention span and needs to change things up constantly.  Oh, and my comment about Bethenny was in response to several others pointing out that Jason knew who Bethenny was when he married her, my point is that that goes both ways. LOL

• Love 11
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth should get one of those hands-free selfie sticks that SNL demonstrated a couple years ago. 

Or have a GoPro surgically attached to her head. 

Bethenny has no one. She has to get attention from SM. It is tragic and sad. 

23 hours ago, film noire said:

So fucked up -- who doesn't drop their phone the minute you realize your dog is out on the roof? Who keeps filming that? And then posts it with a cutesy "Biggie is a cat" caption, as if she has no awareness of how wrong it all could have gone? 

Never in my life did I have a dog whose collar I would have needed to grab in the first place ! “Biggie, come” should have done it. Period. Boundaries and a pack leader. I am guessing the dog has been out there before and gotten away with it. She is in a relationship with social media not training her dogs (or caring for them-geriatric Grey Lady needed an established vet and end of life care plan in any location in which she resided Hamptons or NYC). Bethenny is a SHIT pet owner. First letting Cookie for YEARS get away with aggression and biting and thinking it’s cute, then fucking up filming that seizure now this. Keep watching this is her, there will be more pet BS. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Keep watching this is her, there will be more pet BS. 

As I said up thread things come in threes. It will come out and we will be here to snark on it. Let’s just hope whatever it is has a happy ending. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/15/2018 at 7:12 PM, Jel said:

commenting for a friend.

I never understood people who had an issue with her about this. When we had our first kid we wanted to nest and bond as a family. We worked all week and only saw the baby an hour or so before her bedtime. The weekends were our time to be a cohesive unit. If my parents or my husband’s parents insisted on such regular visits I would have pitched a fit too. 

Young families need an opportnity to get used to the new normal when things change. The having to see grandparents every other weekends either at their home or have them intrude in our home would be an issue for both me and my husband. Jason needed to cut those apron strings. It wasn’t up to Bethenny or Bryn to make it up to the hoppy’s for the loss of their son. 

Thats quite the weight to put on a new marriage, new baby and new family unit.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 9

I think it was normal for Jason to want to continue what his habits were (going back to his hometown on weekends to see his family,  go to church, see cousins and friends) and normal for Bethenny to continue her habits that did not include the same type of hometown and family rituals. 

But, they both had to agree and compromise and get their needs met in a marriage that's the way it goes.... 

PS B's Hamptons (or at that time Montauk even further) commute w traffic is a solid comparison to the Hazelton commute. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think it was normal for Jason to want to continue what his habits were (going back to his hometown on weekends to see his family,  go to church, see cousins and friends) and normal for Bethenny to continue her habits that did not include the same type of hometown and family rituals. 

But, they both had to agree and compromise and get their needs met in a marriage that's the way it goes.... 

PS B's Hamptons (or at that time Montauk even further) commute w traffic is a solid comparison to the Hazelton commute. 

Never a Bethenny apologist, but there is no way in fresh hell that I would schlep myself, my baby, my toddler, my child, my dog, my pet cricket, to my in-laws every other weekend.  Schlepping to the in-laws is not remotely comparable to schlepping to the Hamptons, in my most humble opinion.

I happen to think that the Hoppys appeared to be awesome folks, and would be nothing but a positive addition to Bryn's life, but c'mon now, that's a lot.

(-;

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Never a Bethenny apologist, but there is no way in fresh hell that I would schlep myself, my baby, my toddler, my child, my dog, my pet cricket, to my in-laws every other weekend.  Schlepping to the in-laws is not remotely comparable to schlepping to the Hamptons, in my most humble opinion.

I happen to think that the Hoppys appeared to be awesome folks, and would be nothing but a positive addition to Bryn's life, but c'mon now, that's a lot.

(-;

I am also never a Bethenny apologist and I didn't say every other weekend, I said (some sort of) compromise.

When you're married it's unfair to strip the other of their habits and how they get their needs met on both sides.

• Love 3
Just now, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am also never a Bethenny apologist and I didn't say every other weekend, I said (some sort of) compromise.

When you're married it's unfair to strip the other of their habits and how they get their needs met on both sides.

Yeah, I know you were advocating for a compromise as well.  I was responding to what I think it was reported that Jason wanted, the every other weekend thing.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

(-;

Ditto. I remember even watching this original argument start on BEA and thinking, “Dude...that’s insane. Tell your parents to get a life already.”

And I’m someone who has a clingy mom who insists on us hanging out at least once a week, so I know how it feels—-but hell NO would I ever expect my spouse and I to pack up our baby and our lives *every goddamned weekend/holiday* to drive hours outside of the city to hang out with a smothering set of parents! That’s beyond unfair to any couple, let alone one with a baby!! 

Once every other month visits would’ve been somewhat more understandable for Hazelton trips. Meanwhile, the Hoppy parents should’ve been quite a bit more mobile and visited Jason/Beth in the city maybe once a month if they wanted to see more of the family, case closed. 

As far as I’m concerned, Jason is obviously a fucking weirdo, ditto his creepy parents. Just look how they’ve conducted themselves throughout these years during the divorce process. There’s likely a reason Jason’s momma’s boy ass was still quite single at his age before Bethenny met him. It’s just a damned shame Bethenny felt like she had to marry/breed into their dysfunction junction.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I know you were advocating for a compromise as well.  I was responding to what I think it was reported that Jason wanted, the every other weekend thing.  

Gotcha, And yes, for most especially B that would be a lot a lot. 

9 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Once every other month visits would’ve been somewhat more understandable for Hazelton trips. Meanwhile, the Hoppy parents should’ve been quite a bit more mobile and visited Jason/Beth in the city maybe once a month if they wanted to see more of the family, case closed. 

As far as I’m concerned, Jason is obviously a fucking weirdo, ditto his creepy parents. Just look how they’ve conducted themselves throughout these years during the divorce process. There’s likely a reason Jason’s momma’s boy ass was still quite single at his age before Bethenny met him. It’s just a damned shame Bethenny felt like she had to marry/breed into their dysfunction junction.

I agree on a once a month compromise, I part ways on the dysfunction junction part. I did not find them creepy or clingy at all, just super happy finally grandparents and probably the only one they'll every get- used to a son who comes home a lot. And I think that a child going home a lot is Ok too. No family style fits a mold.  

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, it was what he wanted but he gave in to her fairly quickly and Bethenny got her way. For all her complaining, how many times were they at his parents home in Pa, once or twice after Bryn was born?

6 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Ditto. I remember even watching this original argument start on BEA and thinking, “Dude...that’s insane. Tell your parents to get a life already.”

And I’m someone who has a clingy mom who insists on us hanging out at least once a week, so I know how it feels—-but hell NO would I ever expect my spouse and I to pack up our baby and our lives *every goddamned weekend/holiday* to drive hours outside of the city to hang out with a smothering set of parents! That’s beyond unfair to any couple, let alone one with a baby!! 

We saw Bethenny/Jason at his parents home all of 1 or 2 times, so Bethenny got her way rather quickly. Also, we did see his parents at B/J's apartment a few times, so again, Bethenny got her way. It's not like the Hoppy's were demanding anything.

As for how the Hoppy's "conducted themselves throughout these years during the divorce process", what did they do? They have never spoken to the press or bad mouthed Bethenny to anyone that we know of. The only one that was nasty throughout the divorce, was Bethenny herself. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh, it was every weekend?  Oh hell no.

His first insistence was every weekend. Then he so graciously “compromised” to once every other week. Still way too much—-once a month should’ve been the most to suggest for such visits. I’ll agree that Beth could’ve at least tried that for a few months and see if it worked for them.

But yeah, I did find his parents creepy, sorry. They didn’t seem to realize how healthy modern professional couples work and Jason didn’t help things by establishing natural boundaries. Even they should’ve had the wherewithal to understand how tiring and inconvenient those visits would be to the new family.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for how the Hoppy's "conducted themselves throughout these years during the divorce process", what did they do? They have never spoken to the press or bad mouthed Bethenny to anyone that we know of

Her father in law and Jason supposedly sat around Beth’s place in only their boxers just to mess with her...and they let their son act completely unhinged without helping him get therapy(crazy emails, his schoolyard shouting incident that got him a restraint letter). Of course that’s not their fault and they can’t help his actions, but it might’ve helped the cause if they’d offered an olive branch.

Hell, maybe they did, I dunno...I still didn’t care much for them due to their clingy nature.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Her father in law and Jason supposedly sat around Beth’s place in only their boxers just to mess with her...and they let their son act completely unhinged without helping him get therapy(crazy emails, his schoolyard shouting incident that got him a restraint letter). Of course that’s not their fault and they can’t help his actions, but it might’ve helped the cause if they’d offered an olive branch.

Hell, maybe they did, I dunno...I still didn’t care much for them due to their clingy nature.

We only have Bethenny's word that this happened and I don't trust someone that claims they were "lost at sea" with such ease/conviction when that was a complete lie. Bethenny stretches the truth so far that it is no longer true and does so to paint herself as the victim. 

As far as the e-mail mess, we have no idea what his parent did or did not advise him to do, again, because they have never spoken publicly about Bethenny, Bryn or Jason.

I never got the feeling that they were "clingy" with Jason or Bryn. Yes, they were/are close to their son and desired to be close to their granddaughter but nothing out of the ordinary IMO. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

That was me as well and then the divorce behavior started.  The boxer episode was actually in the middle of a SG photo shoot so there were witnesses to that one.  The rumor was that his mom was calling the tabloids.  Then very interesting was the gag order specifically stated friends or family as surrogates.  And we know there is no family on Bethenny’s side.  And the final was his mother participating in the trust document that was deemed fraudulent.   

So creepy to start and criminals at the end.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

That was me as well and then the divorce behavior started.  The boxer episode was actually in the middle of a SG photo shoot so there were witnesses to that one.  The rumor was that his mom was calling the tabloids.  Then very interesting was the gag order specifically stated friends or family as surrogates.  And we know there is no family on Bethenny’s side.  And the final was his mother participating in the trust document that was deemed fraudulent.   

So creepy to start and criminals at the end.

No one outside Bethenny/her paid employees confirmed her accusation that Jason/his dad ran around in their underwear eating all the food, no one. What rumor about his mother calling the tabloids, the rumor Bethenny started/made? Again, where was Bethenny's proof? The "gag order" was placed because Bethenny talked about the divorce, as did her friends. The only comments that were pro Jason came from his lawyer and were culled directly from court transcripts. 

As for the trust, Bethenny knew his mom was a Pa notary, she, B, isn't stupid nor is she new to reading contracts, she had no hesitation signing the trust. Had there been anything to the rumor of Mrs. Hoppy committing fraud, the DA would have gone after her as would Bethenny, but nothing! As has been stated her by several notaries, most notaries don't realize that their stamp isn't recognized in a different state, even a neighboring state.  

• Love 4

No one outside Bethenny/her paid employees confirmed her accusation that Jason/his dad ran around in their underwear eating all the food, no one.

In fairness, isn't it a bit unfair to assume that Bethenny's employees are automatically liars? It's also a convenient way to dismiss all witnesses - it was a photo shoot so they were all Bethenny's employees so they ALL LIED and or were willing to lie in court.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand your point but... a)for it to work, everyone who worked with Bethenny has to be on board with lying for her which assumes an awful lot and b)everyone who was ever fired or let go (and Bethenny apparently goes thru staff quickly) has taken a vow to never ever reveal the truth behind the underwear incident. 

I suppose I just would hate to find out that by working for someone I was automatically deemed a liar publically. 

As for the trust, Bethenny knew his mom was a Pa notary, she, B, isn't stupid nor is she new to reading contracts, she had no hesitation signing the trust.

Mrs. Hoppy as the notary was the one in the wrong. Ultimately Mrs. Hoppy is supposed to know the parameters of her job, including her restrictions. Those restrictions include what state her stamp counts in.... and that it was inappropriate, no matter how cool Bethenny was with it, to sign off on her son's trust agreement with Bethenny. Ultimately that's why Jason lost the apartment correct?

Why wasn't Mrs. Hoppy pursued for fraud? Because no one pressed charges. No doubt because of her age and because she was probably her son's dupe in this, and because since Jason lost his bid to gain the apartment, she didn't profit at all. And we'll never know, but perhaps Bethenny decided to not pursue it further since she didn't exactly lose. 

• Love 3