Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

If you do not have the ability to take responsible steps to take proper care of an animal in an emergency situation, and choose to film/post your freak out on social media/beg for help....then I am absolutely going to question your abilities as a parent.

Yet Jason has done absolutely nothing in response.

Jason needs to be concerned about this woman as mother of Bryn. Seriously. 

Again, as yet he's done nothing.

If that had been Jason or anyone in Jason's family who had Bryn with them at the time and  had posted that video, there would be an entirely different response. No question! Can you imagine if that had been Jason or his mom?

But at the end of the day, months have passed and Jason.... has done nothing. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Well this happened a week after his plea deal was reached and I imagine his lawyer advised him to not engange in anyway.

That said it’s interesting that nothing seems to have come from Bethenny trying to get full custody.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Months have passed.

But in those months she made a significant move, when he was still waiting out his part of the plea deal.  I imagine he has responded it just hasn’t gone to a hearing or had anresolution so it’s not public. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Or he's done nothing. I mean when did the plea deal end?

according to this article dated Oct 2017,

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bethenny-frankel-apos-ex-husband-190951251.html

Jason had six months to sit on his hands. I generously assume that six months started November 1st, 2017. Even if it started Jan 1 2018, Jason has had an entire month to DO SOMETHING.... and I am being incredibly generous with how he might be restricted. 

He's done nothing and he's under no court restraint.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Months have passed.

True, which makes me think he knew Bethenny's cries for help for Cookie was nothing more than an act and that she wasn't in the panic she claimed to be. Jason seems to believe that Bryn having both parents in her life, with both parents making the decisions needed is more important than playing the victim card by exploiting a dying dog. Wasn't their next custody date last month? I wonder what happened? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Really, the fight seems to be "Poor Jason couldn't say a thing because he was restricted by the court, oh wait the court thing is up so...., poor Jason is just so decent of a man, he'll continue to do and say nothing about the monster raising his daughter and abusing the dog"... sorry no. If Jason is doing nothing to save his daughter from her monster mother who so awful, Happy Camper is citing him as needing to be concerned.... then he needs to own how he should be concerned and is doing *nothing*.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Really, the fight seems to be "Poor Jason couldn't say a thing because he was restricted by the court, oh wait the court thing is up so...., poor Jason is just so decent of a man, he'll continue to do and say nothing about the monster raising his daughter and abusing the dog"... sorry no. If Jason is doing nothing to save his daughter from her monster mother who so awful, Happy Camper is citing him as needing to be concerned.... then he needs to own how he should be concerned and is doing *nothing*.

My point was that they are actually back in court because Bethenny filed for full custody in January  but so far other than ruling that a court appointed psychologist should monitor Brynns interaction with both of them there have been no further court hearings and so Jason’s arguments if he has any, he wasn’t the one contesting the custody arrangement, have not been heard by the public because they haven’t had a hearing but that doesn’t mean the issues haven’t been raised in pretrial maneuverings.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

And my point is that Happy Camper is noting how awful Betheny was over the death of the dog to where Jason should be seriously concerned but Jason has had months and has done nothing. If the incident with the dog dying was so concerning, he's literally had months to raise the concern. Even if he was minding the absolute letter of the law, I generously note that his six month restriction *could* have started as late as Jan 1 2018, but he's still had a month and more, assuming that, to raise his concerns over the dog incident….. And hasn't, despite how awful some think it is.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Happy Camper was stating how she felt, not how Jason felt or should feel but how she would react if Bryn were her daughter. This is what we do, we give our opinions on how we would react in the same position. She feels that Bethenny's OTT reaction to Cookie having a seizure was nuts and not very responsible, something I agree with. And biakbiak's post was that we don't know if Jason has brought this to his lawyers attention as nothing has happened since the Judge ordered Bryn to get a psych eval.

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

My point was that they are actually back in court because Bethenny filed for full custody in January  but so far other than ruling that a court appointed psychologist should monitor Brynns interaction with both of them there have been no further court hearings and so Jason’s arguments if he has any, he wasn’t the one contesting the custody arrangement, have not been heard because they haven’t had a hearing.

Right, for all we know, Jason may use what happened with Cookie to show that Bethenny isn't the best choice in an emergency situation or he may just use it to show that she shouldn't be the only parent making these decisions given the fact that she panicked the way she did with her dog, which would help him in maintaining shared custody/thwarting Bethenny's quest for primary custody. 

• Love 3

he's literally had months to raise the concern.

But we have no way to know he hasn’t. I personally don’t think he has but the current state of their custody case would mean we don’t know any of his counter issues because unless he is actively seeking full custody which he has never wanted he wouldn’t counterfile to Bethenny’s request but allow it to come up in response to her request if it even goes to trial.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

And my point is that Happy Camper is noting how awful Betheny was over the death of the dog to where Jason should be seriously concerned but Jason has had months and has done nothing. If the incident with the dog dying was so concerning, he's literally had months to raise the concern. Even if he was minding the absolute letter of the law, I generously note that his six month restriction *could* have started as late as Jan 1 2018, but he's still had a month and more, assuming that, to raise his concerns over the dog incident….. And hasn't, despite how awful some think it is.

Again, we don't know that he hasn't. The next court hearing was supposed to happen in either May or June but we have heard nothing from either side so it may have been pushed back. 

• Love 3

I blocked her on Instagram. I don't need that clown showing up in my feed. Homegirl has lost her marbles in my opinion. She should take her own advice and #gotosleep. Nobody cares what her hair and under eye circles look like. 

• Love 4

In fairness your point wirewrap seems to be if we haven't heard Jason has done anything, despite how public this situation is, if we have heard nothing, then we have to assume Jason HAS done something until it is expressly noted that he hasn't.

Sorry, no, not buying that. I mean, I am being pretty generous about the time line and yet we've still not heard word one of Jason fighting for his daughter.

• Love 1

In fairness your point wirewrap seems to be if we haven't heard Jason has done anything, despite how public this situation is, if we have heard nothing, then we have to assume Jason HAS done something until it is expressly noted that he hasn't.

Sorry, no, not buying that. I mean, I am being pretty generous about the time line and yet we've still not heard word one of Jason fighting for his daughter.

No, I am clearly saying that we don't know anything as their next court date hasn't happened yet or wasn't made public. And, we never heard from Jason during their first custody battle, so not hearing anything this time would not be out of character for him. We don't know his legal strategy any more than we did the first time around because he kept his side of the story private/out of the press.

• Love 5
(edited)

We have no way of knowing if Jason did raise concerns or not. 

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that there is no precedent for vets in the $$$$$$$$ Hamptons to visit a home in the middle of the night. $$$$$$  a celebrity “nobody” out East can get a horse vet to come 24/7 as those vets have mobile trucks. Thy could treat a dog in a pinch and many large animal vets do both . I do not, and will never believe that celebs of the caliber of names like Howard Stern, Jerry Seinfeld, Billy Joel have never needed a small animal vet and gotten one in the home at 8pm in the Hamptons. All it takes is money. For 2k a young caring  vet tech would have slept over ! This was a tangent of my career for many many years, I’ve seen it. 

If a tech told me over the phone the equivalent of my beloved cookie would have to wait until after the weekend I would laugh in their face and keep resourcing . 

FFS Brynn takes riding lessons, call her riding instructor ! They have a 24/7 Horse vet .  Vets know other vets who might come. Especially for a boutique price. It’s not what you know it’s WHO you know. Do something besides shriek and seek attention that won’t solve the problem. 

And back to my original point it’s not like Bethenny has never seen a horse vet come in the middle of the night. Hell she grew up with this being routine. She knows. She needed to find someone to provide end of life  comfort and dignity for this dog, ASAP. 

Putting her seizure on IG is NOT dignity. Neither is eulogizing your father in front of hundreds of friends at a private service-then 48 hours on Scary Island calling him a terrible horrible person on national tv. (I am assuming she didn’t call him that in her eulogy, perhaps she did. I doubt it.)  

This is who Bethenny is. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 14

Neither is eulogizing your father in front of hundreds of friends at a private service-then 48 hours on Scary Island calling him a terrible horrible person on national tv. (I am assuming she didn’t call him that in her eulogy, perhaps she did. I doubt it.)  

Was she supposed to lie? He's dead so now they had a loving relationship even though they pretty clearly didn't?

I mean, some of the offense here is that she didn't scream her rage at her dad at the private service, right? 

Having buried a parent, I can honestly say that one usually keeps one's mouth shut about possible character flaws of the deceased *while at the service* but the death does not wipe away the anger or resentment over past issues. Bobby Frankel dying probably didn't wipe away the memories of his bad actions, in Bethenny's mind. You can love someone and also consider them a terrible person.

As for Cookie? I think there was never any question that the dog was well cared for and not abused. I think Bethenny could have handled the end better but reminds me of the many pet owners I know who freak out when the end comes. This incident was very public and no one seems concerned enough to call animal welfare or child protective services. Bethenny is for the most part an awful person but like I said earlier, I think my anger towards pet abusers is better spent elsewhere.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Is it time for us to let Cookie R.I.P.? 

6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

To the bridge!

Amen!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Rap541 said:

As a former divorce lawyer (though not in NY), I have to say the dog issue is certainly not enough to file any papers to change custody/visitation.  Heck, most judges would laugh you out of court for making the request.  If it were part of a larger pattern of behavior, maybe you eventually file a motion.  But the courts definitely discourage repeated filings for change o custody/visitation.

Now of course, since she's filed, he could bring up this incident as an example of "she's not the perfect parent."

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Was she supposed to lie? He's dead so now they had a loving relationship even though they pretty clearly didn't?

I mean, some of the offense here is that she didn't scream her rage at her dad at the private service, right? 

Having buried a parent, I can honestly say that one usually keeps one's mouth shut about possible character flaws of the deceased *while at the service* but the death does not wipe away the anger or resentment over past issues. Bobby Frankel dying probably didn't wipe away the memories of his bad actions, in Bethenny's mind. You can love someone and also consider them a terrible person.

As for Cookie? I think there was never any question that the dog was well cared for and not abused. I think Bethenny could have handled the end better but reminds me of the many pet owners I know who freak out when the end comes. This incident was very public and no one seems concerned enough to call animal welfare or child protective services. Bethenny is for the most part an awful person but like I said earlier, I think my anger towards pet abusers is better spent elsewhere.

Of course not but she didn't need to slam him on camera a mere 48 hours later. Most people learn that some things are better kept private instead of blaring it publicly and all she had to do was say that they made peace at the end and leave it at that. Instead, she used him as a ploy for more sympathy on the show which is twisted IMO. 

Yes, Bethenny loved Cookie but she also knew that the dog was near the end of her life when she took her to the Hamptons house and that wasn't Cookie's first seizure, so she should have known where the closest 24 hour ER Vet hospital was to that house before she took the dog there. As for other pet owners "freaking out" I haven't heard of any that did what Bethenny did, have you or anyone else here seen it happen on SM?

2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

As a former divorce lawyer (though not in NY), I have to say the dog issue is certainly not enough to file any papers to change custody/visitation.  Heck, most judges would laugh you out of court for making the request.  If it were part of a larger pattern of behavior, maybe you eventually file a motion.  But the courts definitely discourage repeated filings for change o custody/visitation.

Now of course, since she's filed, he could bring up this incident as an example of "she's not the perfect parent."

The Cookie thing was brought up in conjunction with Bethenny's latest quest for complete control over Bryn. A poster thought Jason could or should use it to show that Bethenny is in no position to have primary custody of Bryn because of her OTT panic with Cookie/seizures.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Was she supposed to lie when? When she said nice things off camera at the funeral? Or did ON camera digs 2 days later on Scary Island?

No offense whatsoever that she didn't rant and scream at the funeral. She is a hypocrite who will say whatever it takes to get what she wants in the moment.  If she thought he was a terrible horrible person, own it, MENTION IT ALL as she says.  I think she spoke from her heart at the funeral to get closure and later spoke to a t v camera to craft her orphan personna  in her comments on Scary Island. She's disgusting.  No dignity to her dad, none to her dog. They both got it stripped on camera while she impulsively acted out. Her role on this show is acting out, tragic, and  great to watch because she is so painfully non self aware. 

Yes, you can totally love someone who is a terrible horrible person. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

No offense whatsoever that she didn't rant and scream at the funeral. She is a hypocrite who will say whatever it takes to get what she wants in the moment.  If she thought he was a terrible horrible person, own it, MENTION IT ALL as she says.  I think she spoke from her heart at the funeral to get closure and later spoke to a t v camera to craft her orphan personna  in her comments on Scary Island.

I have to wonder. Why did she need to say anything at his funeral? I'm sure that there were enough of his friends to speak highly of him. It isn't necessary for a son or daughter to speak. She could have said nothing instead of just bullshitting for show. I have been to many funerals where sons/daughters did not eulogize, but sat quietly and listened to others.

What a phony.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8

As the only daughter and possibly only family she might have felt a certain pressure. Also, can anyone honestly say she wouldn't catch flak for attending but not speaking? 

• Love 5
(edited)

As the only daughter and possibly only family she might have felt a certain pressure. Also, can anyone honestly say she wouldn't catch flak for attending but not speaking? 

Tons of people don’t speak at their parents funerals even if they don’t have rocky relationships. However, the easier solution would have just been not to go into all their issues on the show a few days later rather than not speak at the funeral if that was something she felt she wanted to do.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Tons of people don’t speak at their parents funerals even if they don’t have rocky relationships. 

Especially when they didn't have a close relationship. I doubt that it would be expected.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think Jason's action or perceived inaction is anyone's business.  Just because it isn't on Page Six doesn't mean it isn't happening.

ETA: Bethenny overshares.  That doesn't mean we are entitled to the same degree of information about Jason. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10

Just watched the episode in which Beth and Carole go to brunch at Jules’s Water Mill house. Boy, does Beth go in hard on Michael about the house. She just goes on and on and on about what terrible decisions they have made and are making. I just don’t understand why. That house doesn’t affect Beth at all, so why get so incensed over it?

• Love 14
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Just watched the episode in which Beth and Carole go to brunch at Jules’s Water Mill house. Boy, does Beth go in hard on Michael about the house. She just goes on and on and on about what terrible decisions they have made and are making. I just don’t understand why. That house doesn’t affect Beth at all, so why get so incensed over it?

Kind of like what she got mad at Ramona for doing to her at the Halloween party.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Because that is who/what Bethenny is! She isn't happy unless she is putting someone else down.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Just watched the episode in which Beth and Carole go to brunch at Jules’s Water Mill house. Boy, does Beth go in hard on Michael about the house.

Also, Beth and Carole wer   putting down the house and the brunch to each other and couldn't wait to get out of there. Poor Jules. She did nothing to deserve their attitude.If I remember they left without saying good bye to anybody. A couple of rude bitches. That was back when Carole was still the bestie sidekick which is why I dislike Carole just as much as Bethenny. She was delighted to be Bethenny's mean girl buddy back then. 

• Love 9

I don't think Jason's action or perceived inaction is anyone's business.  Just because it isn't on Page Six doesn't mean it isn't happening.

ETA: Bethenny overshares.  That doesn't mean we are entitled to the same degree of information about Jason. 

Technically no ones action or perceived inaction is anyone's business. But this entire site is formed around the idea of talking about other people's business. 

When it comes to discussing whether Jason is or isn't "doing anything" at the end of the day, if he's not reported to be doing something, then I have no reason to give him credit for those unreported actions,... if they even exist. I have no reason to think Jason is doing anything in regards to protecting Brynn in the face of the awful video of Cookie's seizure. If he IS doing something but has decided to keep it out of the press, that's certainly his choice. But the downside of privacy is that you don't get credit for things people don't know you are doing. If Jason doesn't want to share his actions, that's his right - but that does mean the public will perceive it as nothing happening. If Jason wants credit for wanting to intervene in this situation, he's going to need to provide some proof he did something other than nothing to get credit from me. 

• Love 2

Technically no ones action or perceived inaction is anyone's business. But this entire site is formed around the idea of talking about other people's business. 

When it comes to discussing whether Jason is or isn't "doing anything" at the end of the day, if he's not reported to be doing something, then I have no reason to give him credit for those unreported actions,... if they even exist. I have no reason to think Jason is doing anything in regards to protecting Brynn in the face of the awful video of Cookie's seizure. If he IS doing something but has decided to keep it out of the press, that's certainly his choice. But the downside of privacy is that you don't get credit for things people don't know you are doing. If Jason doesn't want to share his actions, that's his right - but that does mean the public will perceive it as nothing happening. If Jason wants credit for wanting to intervene in this situation, he's going to need to provide some proof he did something other than nothing to get credit from me. 

I know that Jason wasn't/isn't some innocent angel but he has kept his side of their marriage problems/divorce fight/custody issues private instead of talking about them to the tabloids/press or giving interviews about Bethenny faults, so for that he gets credit from me. And, I do appreciate that he still hasn't gone public even after Bethenny's latest grab for total control of Bryn.

• Love 8

I don't think Jason wants or needs anyone's credit, much less from a bunch of people, myself included, sharing thoughts and opinions on a message board.  I just think we're so used to Bethenny being ultra super extra about everything that anything regarding Jason pales in comparison, or conversely, is blown out of proportion.

• Love 6

I blocked her on Instagram. I don't need that clown showing up in my feed. Homegirl has lost her marbles in my opinion. She should take her own advice and #gotosleep. Nobody cares what her hair and under eye circles look like. 

She posted something about her zombiefied eyes on IG after we had discussed them on here? Hah. *waves at skinnyminions*

• Love 6

Question for those that follow Bethenny's SM. Has there been any news on the custody battle? Their next hearing was supposed to be May 10 but we haven't heard anything. I suspect that the judge put a gag order on everyone or Bethenny lost her bid for primary custody since there has been no news, had Bethenny won, she would have told the world by now IMO. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Question for those that follow Bethenny's SM. Has there been any news on the custody battle? Their next hearing was supposed to be May 10 but we haven't heard anything. I suspect that the judge put a gag order on everyone or Bethenny lost her bid for primary custody since there has been no news, had Bethenny won, she would have told the world by now IMO. 

Nothing has been said.  But judging from the instagram Bethenny can take Bryn on short trips again.  That stopped after Jason’s stalking RO ended.  Now it’s started again.  It also appears that the strick Wed through Wed changed.  Bethenny will have Brynn past Wed quite often but still have her again the next Wed.  I was the one guessing that the custodian change was requested because Jason was out of town and Bryn was with surrogates.  So now whenever Jason is not at the residence Bryn goes with Bethenny.  There have been changes and they all seem to be in favor of Bryn having more time with Bethenny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Nothing has been said.  But judging from the instagram Bethenny can take Bryn on short trips again.  That stopped after Jason’s stalking RO ended.  Now it’s started again.  It also appears that the strick Wed through Wed changed.  Bethenny will have Brynn past Wed quite often but still have her again the next Wed.  I was the one guessing that the custodian change was requested because Jason was out of town and Bryn was with surrogates.  So now whenever Jason is not at the residence Bryn goes with Bethenny.  There have been changes and they all seem to be in favor of Bryn having more time with Bethenny.

If she gets her when he is out of town, I am sure Jason gets her when Bethenny is out of town. Unless there was a change in the shared custody order, giving Bethenny the primary custody she sought, I don't think she won, I would imagine that it is still shared custody. As for Bethenny taking Bryn out of town, school is out, so it is easier to do that, it much more difficult when school is in session, which it was when the RO ended in Feb.. Bethenny was talking about "home schooling" Bryn after she filed for "primary" custody and IMO, she did that so she could take Bryn whenever she wanted, to wherever she wanted to without Jason stopping her. Lets hope the games between Bethenny and Jason have stopped for good and that both become better parents to/for Bryn. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I am sure Jason gets her when Bethenny is out of town

Nope, she takes her with her.  She took her to LA during the Shark Tank filming a couple of weeks ago.  She never spends the night out of town when she has Bryn.  During the school year Bethenny has done day trips to Chicago and such but she is back before dinner.  Those are generally the days you see her take the helicopter shuttle from the airport.  The LA trip included one of Bryn’s friends as well for about 4 days.  So at this point I say yes, she can take Bryn wherever she wants without Jason stopping her.  That’s the biggest change you see on social media since May.  

• Love 3
Just now, QuinnM said:

Nope, she takes her with her.  She took her to LA during the Shark Tank filming a couple of weeks ago.  She never spends the night out of town when she has Bryn.  During the school year Bethenny has done day trips to Chicago and such but she is back before dinner.  Those are generally the days you see her take the helicopter shuttle from the airport.  The LA trip included one of Bryn’s friends as well for about 4 days.  So at this point I say yes, she can take Bryn wherever she wants without Jason stopping her.  That’s the biggest change you see on social media since May.  

I doubt that she can keep Bryn out of town when she is supposed to be with Jason. And, I have no doubt that if Bethenny goes out of town and can't get back in time, Bryn will stay with Jason, not 1 of Bethenny's employees. Again, Jason never stopped her from taking Bryn out of town except when she wanted to take her to PR after the hurricane and I agree with him on that. Bryn can travel now because school is out for the summer, not because of anything Jason said/did. So, no change in their custody order, it is still "shared custody, not the "primary custody" Bethenny took him back to court for.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

When my daughter and son in law went out of town, my grandkids would always stay with me. I certainly don't consider myself a surrogate! How do we know that Bryn wasn't staying with her grandparents when Jason was out of town?

Bethenny seems to be very busy. Who is Bryn with when Bethenny can't be with her? There's no loving extended family there.

Has Bethenny stated that custodial change was requested for that reason? 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

When my daughter and son in law went out of town, my grandkids would always stay with me. I certainly don't consider myself a surrogate! How do we know that Bryn wasn't staying with her grandparents when Jason was out of town?

Bethenny seems to be very busy. Who is Bryn with when Bethenny can't be with her? There's no loving extended family there.

Has Bethenny stated that custodial change was requested for that reason? 

These are all working women problems. Many of us don't live near or by extended family. Or don't have any. Is she a bad mom because she works and doesn't have extended family? This is not really a factor because she has the blessing of being her own boss and having money. She has stated that she arranges it so she can be with Brynn, and not travel when she has custody.

As far as the Hoppy grandparents go, they get time with her through their dad.  I think they are awful people and would not willingly expose my child to them beyond what happens with their dad. 

• Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

These are all working women problems. Many of us don't live near or by extended family. Or don't have any. Is she a bad mom because she works and doesn't have extended family? This is not really a factor because she has the blessing of being her own boss and having money. She has stated that she arranges it so she can be with Brynn, and not travel when she has custody.

As far as the Hoppy grandparents go, they get time with her through their dad.  I think they are awful people and would not willingly expose my child to them beyond what happens with their dad. 

I agree with the bolded. I don't think that Bethenny is a bad mom because she works and doesn't have extended family. Bryn has to be with someone when she is working, just like all working moms. I just happen to believe that if it's possible, a child is better staying with a loving family member if possible. The original poster stated that they guessed that "custodian change was requested because Jason was out of town and Bryn was with "surrogates". I wonder what a surrogate is?

Jason is a working dad with working dad problems.

Edited to add: I don't know if Bryn was actually staying with her grandparents when Jason was out of town, but it would have made sense if she did. Either way, I still am confused by the term "surragates" being used as child care provider.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Life happens, so no matter how well planned Bethenny's trips are, she will never be able to make it home each and every time she has Bryn waiting at home for her. And, Bethenny does travel when she has custody of Bryn and can't take her (especially during the school year), so she needs to remember that Jason should be only one that is allowed to watch Bryn overnight when Bethenny can't get back just like she doesn't want anyone to watch Bryn overnight when he has her. So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

• Love 4

he original poster stated that they guessed that "custodian change was requested because Jason was out of town and Bryn was with "surrogates". I wonder what a surrogate is?

A surrogate would be someone other than the custodial parent. For example, Jason has custody but needs to go on a sales trip so he leaves Bryn with his parents rather than spend his custodial time with her. The grand parents are the surrogates in this scenario. 

This scenario plays out potentially with Bethenny as well - she has custody but needs to go to Puerto Rico so she leaves Bryn with a surrogate.

I'm just defining the concept - I don't really care if anyone is or isn't dumping the kid off with a surrogate but thats what a surrogate is.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Bethenny cannot be with Bryn every moment. There must be occasions when she has to leave Bryn with a surrogate. I haven't seen any reports of Jason or Bethenny going out of town and leaving Bryn with surrogates. Even if this is so, I am sure that there are many single moms and dads that do the same. 

Even married couples sometimes take vacations away without the kids sometimes. I don't see a problem with the kids staying with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days.

34 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

A surrogate would be someone other than the custodial parent. For example, Jason has custody but needs to go on a sales trip so he leaves Bryn with his parents rather than spend his custodial time with her. The grand parents are the surrogates in this scenario. 

This scenario plays out potentially with Bethenny as well - she has custody but needs to go to Puerto Rico so she leaves Bryn with a surrogate.

I'm just defining the concept - I don't really care if anyone is or isn't dumping the kid off with a surrogate but thats what a surrogate is.

I guess I just earned myself a fancy new title!

• Love 3