Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

Recommended Posts

I'm still a bit curious (ok, suspicious) about the gift cards she donated to the Red Cross. Were they donated to her for her hurricane relief effort, and she just "reallocated" them? Not that the Red Cross doesn't help with hurricane relief or isn't a worthy cause, It just seemed sketchy to me that she donated money to them with gift cards.  It just seems too easy for a few of those cards to "go missing". Maybe my opinion is tainted by the former mayor of Baltimore that used donated gift cards, intended for those in need, to fill her closet with Jimmy Choo shoes. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

"Poor @katespadeny to be in so much pain. Success doesn't make you happy. True love & peace does."

Twitidiot. Being depressed/ill doesn't mean one doesn't have true love in their life.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jaync said:

Twitidiot. Being depressed/ill doesn't mean one doesn't have true love in their life.

I agree. And really, suicide is just so complicated that it's almost best not to say more than RIP.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm still a bit curious (ok, suspicious) about the gift cards she donated to the Red Cross. Were they donated to her for her hurricane relief effort, and she just "reallocated" them? Not that the Red Cross doesn't help with hurricane relief or isn't a worthy cause, It just seemed sketchy to me that she donated money to them with gift cards.  It just seems too easy for a few of those cards to "go missing". Maybe my opinion is tainted by the former mayor of Baltimore that used donated gift cards, intended for those in need, to fill her closet with Jimmy Choo shoes. 

I still do not understand the gc's either. How are people getting to nearby stores? How are stores processing gc payments? What gc's can be used through these different areas (some that still dont have power)? And the assistant bestowing the gc's to the RC did seem odd. 

I can't even be apologetic for questioning someone's charitable efforts because we live in a world where a reality star can sell themselves as whatever they want and prople believe them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jaync said:

Twitidiot. Being depressed/ill doesn't mean one doesn't have true love in their life.

I guess we should be relieved that Beth didn’t tweet, “Success doesn’t make you happy. It’s sad that Kate couldn’t find it within herself to B Strong.”

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I still do not understand the gc's either. How are people getting to nearby stores? How are stores processing gc payments? What gc's can be used through these different areas (some that still dont have power)? And the assistant bestowing the gc's to the RC did seem odd. 

I can't even be apologetic for questioning someone's charitable efforts because we live in a world where a reality star can sell themselves as whatever they want and prople believe them.

How would they get to nearby stores with cash?  If a store can't process a gift card, they probably can't process a cash transaction either.  Well, not a legit transaction anyway.

It's logistically cumbersome to try and donate goods themselves.  

I donated Walmart gift cards to a local RC shelter in our community after flooding we experienced earlier this year.  The on-site RC reps could dispense them less awkwardly than they could have cash...at least that was my thought process.  Plus, I thought it might just be a safer method to carry around for all involved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

How would they get to nearby stores with cash?  If a store can't process a gift card, they probably can't process a cash transaction either.  Well, not a legit transaction anyway.

It's logistically cumbersome to try and donate goods themselves.  

I donated Walmart gift cards to a local RC shelter in our community after flooding we experienced earlier this year.  The on-site RC reps could dispense them less awkwardly than they could have cash...at least that was my thought process.  Plus, I thought it might just be a safer method to carry around for all involved.

The thing is I think chances of theft are high with both cash and giftcards, but with gc's there are particular types of fraud that can be implemented to take advantage of people who have already lost so much. With cash, at least there's a chance that goods can be immediately purchased where there's no power or where smaller stores aren't set up for payment processing.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I guess we should be relieved that Beth didn’t tweet, “Success doesn’t make you happy. It’s sad that Kate couldn’t find it within herself to B Strong.”

Both Bethenny and Carole need to have someone check their tweets and instagrams before they post. For smart women they have both posted some very foolish photos and tweets over the past year.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, QuinnM said:

I feel so sorry for nutritionists.  I had the same discussion.  She had me measure them.  It’s about 100 calories for SG.  But my nutritionist has a thing about popcorn.  She says that substituting popcorn for dinner is a big red flag. It’s one of the ways people fill their stomach without eating a meal.  But even at Walmart, which I only visit on rare occasions SG lime seems always sold out.

I shop at Walmart and and used to always look for SG Lime popcorn!!!  A couple of months ago, I decided that I didn't hear my sister say how good it was and I just made it up in my head as I've been looking for it for years and never found it!  I started to feel dumb looking on the shelves every week!!  I am so happy that I read your post to confirm that it is REAL!! 

THANK YOU, QuinnM!!

Share this post


Link to post

Dorinda's opinion of Bethenny:

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/06/how-dorinda-medley-really-feels-about-bethenny-frankel/

I do agree with her about the "I put the B in the Berkshires" comment. That really bugged me. Bethenny always has to take credit for everything. She used to always make comments like that on her (cancelled) radio show as well.

And Ramona had a lot of nerve with her "infomercial"  and yet:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsYWnZjdFD/?taken-by=bethennyfrankel

Who put the B into "BigHead"?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Dorinda's opinion of Bethenny:

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/06/how-dorinda-medley-really-feels-about-bethenny-frankel/

I do agree with her about the "I put the B in the Berkshires" comment. That really bugged me. Bethenny always has to take credit for everything. She used to always make comments like that on her (cancelled) radio show was well.

And Ramona had a lot of nerve with her "infomercial"  and yet:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsYWnZjdFD/?taken-by=bethennyfrankel

Who put the B into "BigHead"?

I want to know why she "unfollowed" Luann! It seems that Bethenny only follows Sonja now. LOL

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I want to know why she "unfollowed" Luann! It seems that Bethenny only follows Sonja now. LOL

I don’t know about the rest of them but she follows Dorinda as of right now.  She might have unfollowed Luann but as recently as last weekend she responded to her.  So Dorinda must be day drinking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I don’t know about the rest of them but she follows Dorinda as of right now.  She might have unfollowed Luann but as recently as last weekend she responded to her.  So Dorinda must be day drinking.

Anything is possible but I have to wonder if Bethenny has a private account and that is where she "unfollowed" the others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anything is possible but I have to wonder if Bethenny has a private account and that is where she "unfollowed" the others.

No Dorinda is drunk.  She’s probably coked up as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No Dorinda is drunk.  She’s probably coked up as well.

I just looked and it appears that Bethenny does not in fact follow them on IG. The article doesn’t specify what SM She unfollowed them on.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

I shop at Walmart and and used to always look for SG Lime popcorn!!!  A couple of months ago, I decided that I didn't hear my sister say how good it was and I just made it up in my head as I've been looking for it for years and never found it!  I started to feel dumb looking on the shelves every week!!  I am so happy that I read your post to confirm that it is REAL!! 

THANK YOU, QuinnM!!

There was previous discussion on the amount of calories upthread. The Box (SG butter and sea salt) says 160 for one bag (6 cups popped), but, I measured it out last night.  There were 3 cups in that bag of cooked popcorn.  Maybe, the uncooked kernels constituted the rest, but, it's definitely not 160 calories per bag.  The box also says 25 calories per cup.  I use this a lot and always get about 3 cups or 75 calories.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There was previous discussion on the amount of calories upthread. The Box (SG butter and sea salt) says 160 for one bag (6 cups popped), but, I measured it out last night.  There were 3 cups in that bag of cooked popcorn.  Maybe, the uncooked kernels constituted the rest, but, it's definitely not 160 calories per bag.  The box also says 25 calories per cup.  I use this a lot and always get about 3 cups or 75 calories.  

Wow! 1/2 the bag doesn't pop? That's bad!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wow! 1/2 the bag doesn't pop? That's bad!

That's been my experience.  I've tried it every which way you can think of.  Plus, when I take it out of the microwave, the bag is FULL.  I don't see how even a few more kernels have room to pop.  Granted, it's a small bag.  If anyone has any tips, please chime in.  

It's worth it to me though, because it taste better than other brands.  It really is better, so, I pay more for it. 

I set it for 2 minutes 45 seconds. A little more and it burns.  Less and it's even less popped. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

“Do you like the Skinnygirl jeans?” McDonald asked of Frankel’s latest venture.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I did like the bologna,” Medley said. “She had cold cuts for five minutes.”

tenor.gif?itemid=5699429

Edited by jaync
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Dorinda's opinion of Bethenny:

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/06/how-dorinda-medley-really-feels-about-bethenny-frankel/

I do agree with her about the "I put the B in the Berkshires" comment. That really bugged me. Bethenny always has to take credit for everything. She used to always make comments like that on her (cancelled) radio show was well.

And Ramona had a lot of nerve with her "infomercial"  and yet:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsYWnZjdFD/?taken-by=bethennyfrankel

Who put the B into "BigHead"?

I actually thought she meant she put the Bitch in Berkshires when she said it. A lot of people use B in place of bitch and she had a sly smile on her face when she said it. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Can she then call B Strong a "charity" if she doesn't have a 501C3?

That's what brought me to the site, to see if BS was a 501C3, and how the charity was being judged overall.   I was really sort of stunned by the various other B Strongs out there.  

As for calling it a charity, I'm sure she can, she just doesn't get the benefit of tax exemption.  I would imagine she has applied for 501C3 status, but it is a serious bit of red tape to qualify for.  I would imagine this is why she has co-mingled it with the Delivering Goods org.  (Plus, those donating don't get to deduct if moneys are given to BS, which is yuge.) 

It would seem that BStrong (the Bethenny one) is also flying under the scrutiny radar, which gives me pause to some extent.

duck.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

 

I have had pause since the beginning because I think that somehow b has unwittingly gotten herself involved in money laundering with the relief efforts, with the people from the Miami dinner episode. Something isn't passing the smell test for me with all this networking.

 

Those are the folks with Delivering Goods.  They are a 501C3.  It is that partner that allows the donations to BStrong to be tax deductible.  Not sure how this would be money laundering but if you truely suspect that there are agencies to report Delivering Goods to as fraudulent.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It takes quite awhile to get 501c3 status with the IRS and with whichever state she is registering BStrong as a not-for-profit corporation in. Bethenny may have already filed the paperwork.  IDK. But it can still be a charity. The only difference is that people who donate, as someone noted above, cannot claim the donations as charitable deductions. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wow! 1/2 the bag doesn't pop? That's bad!

Not necessarily.

 

18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's been my experience.  I've tried it every which way you can think of.  Plus, when I take it out of the microwave, the bag is FULL.  I don't see how even a few more kernels have room to pop.  

If the bag is full of popped corn, then you got what you paid for.  Leftover old maids just means the bag has been overfilled with kernels to ensure you don't get short changed. Maybe the kind of popcorn she uses just has a low popping rate. Some really flavorful types of popcorn with great texture can be that way. 

If your bag was only half full of popped corn with a bunch of unpopped kernels, then there would be something to complain about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not necessarily.

 

If the bag is full of popped corn, then you got what you paid for.  Leftover old maids just means the bag has been overfilled with kernels to ensure you don't get short changed. Maybe the kind of popcorn she uses just has a low popping rate. Some really flavorful types of popcorn with great texture can be that way. 

If your bag was only half full of popped corn with a bunch of unpopped kernels, then there would be something to complain about.

The package says it contains 6 cups of popped pop corn but there are only 3 cups when measured with unpopped  kernels left, so something is not right. Either the initial measurements/calorie count is off, the kernels are old or the label is wrong/a lie, but something is way off.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It turns out one of my former coworkers runs the PR firm that threw Bethenny's jeans party in the last episode. She said she knows what she wants and showered them with appreciation - they loved her. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

The package says it contains 6 cups of popped pop corn but there are only 3 cups when measured with unpopped  kernels left, so something is not right. Either the initial measurements/calorie count is off, the kernels are old or the label is wrong/a lie, but something is way off.

I just read the reviews for the lime on Amazon and nobody complained about there only being 3 cups in the bag. They mentioned unpopped kernels, burning, and bad flavor, but nobody suggested they were only getting 3 cups of popcorn when they were promised 6. 

I think somebody needs to measure more carefully.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I just read the reviews for the lime on Amazon and nobody complained about there only being 3 cups in the bag. They mentioned unpopped kernels, burning, and bad flavor, but nobody suggested they were only getting 3 cups of popcorn when they were promised 6. 

I think somebody needs to measure more carefully.

It was a poster here that said that. LOL Go back a page or so to where this discussion started, just an FYI, that poster loves the popcorn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The package says it contains 6 cups of popped pop corn but there are only 3 cups when measured with unpopped  kernels left, so something is not right. Either the initial measurements/calorie count is off, the kernels are old or the label is wrong/a lie, but something is way off.

I agree. There is something off.  That's why I took the box to my nutritionist and we discussed it. She couldn't figure it out either. Last night, I measured it again. There were 3 cups popped.  I counted the unpopped kernels and there were 28 of them.  I forgot to last night, but, tonight, I shall count 28 popped and measure them.  I don't think they constitute 3 cups of popped popcorn though.  I anticipate that I will be communicating with the company about this.

  I realize this isn't a big deal to most people, but, I don't get many treats.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

 

It turns out one of my former coworkers runs the PR firm that threw Bethenny's jeans party in the last episode. She said she knows what she wants and showered them with appreciation - they loved her. 

 

I know servers that work for various caterers and they’ve universally said the same thing.  Very clear on what she wants, very appreciative of the effort and doesn’t leave at the end of the night until she made sure everyone had what they needed to close it down.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, 3 cups or 6 cups - does the bag pop up fully But has a bunch of kernals left? If so, then you're good. If you only end up with half a bag of pop corn and a lot of kernals? Then something is wrong.

If something is wrong then I would send a complaint to the manufacturer because they may not realize a problem exists and they might send you a box of goodies as a thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It was a poster here that said that. LOL Go back a page or so to where this discussion started, just an FYI, that poster loves the popcorn.

Yes, I saw those posts. I quoted you both because you suggested there was something really wrong with the popcorn since so much remained unpopped. But as I've already said, if the bag is full of popped corn, the buyer got what they were supposed to get. Unless, of course, people would prefer the bag ruptured midway through the popping process and kernels went all over the place just so that last teaspoon of kernels didn't go to waste. Although I anticipate this would lead to an avalanche of criticism of Bethenny for dirtying people's microwaves, possibly even generating some lawsuits.

LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Personally, 3 cups or 6 cups - does the bag pop up fully But has a bunch of kernals left? If so, then you're good. If you only end up with half a bag of pop corn and a lot of kernals? Then something is wrong.

If something is wrong then I would send a complaint to the manufacturer because they may not realize a problem exists and they might send you a box of goodies as a thank you.

Only 1/2 a bag popping is a concern, you are paying for the whole bag to pop, not just 1/2. I agree, she needs to make a complaint to the manufacturer and the brand (SG).

5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yes, I saw those posts. I quoted you both because you suggested there was something really wrong with the popcorn since so much remained unpopped. But as I've already said, if the bag is full of popped corn, the buyer got what they were supposed to get. Unless, of course, people would prefer the bag ruptured midway through the popping process and kernels went all over the place just so that last teaspoon of kernels didn't go to waste. Although I anticipate this would lead to an avalanche of criticism of Bethenny for dirtying people's microwaves, possibly even generating some lawsuits.

LOL!

I have never popped a bag of popcorn and had 1/2 of it unpopped, never and we are popcorn people, especially my husband. The bags blow up with popped kernels and with hot air, there should be room for all the kernels to pop, otherwise someone is playing games on customers. I'm not sure Bethenny is at fault, she doesn't make the popcorn, she only partners with the manufacture but that it is her name on it so she needs to address this if it is an ongoing problem. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

 I counted the unpopped kernels and there were 28 of them.  I forgot to last night, but, tonight, I shall count 28 popped and measure them.  I don't think they constitute 3 cups of popped popcorn though.  I anticipate that I will be communicating with the company about this.

 

Is the label a (confusing) combo of popped vs unpopped? (Six cups unpopped = 3 cups popped?) Like Kraft Dinner does; "as packaged" vs "as prepared" (and wtf, why is that? Does anybody eat raw macaroni in between scarfing back dry cheese dust like a Pixy Stix? Or make with it water and no butter, maybe? Which, blech.)

 

Quote

  I realize this isn't a big deal to most people, but, I don't get many treats.  lol 

Popcorn MATTERS :)

(And I think popcorn is a fantastic dinner, as long as you have a salad.)

 

~in the same week

Edited by film noire
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I have had pause since the beginning because I think that somehow b has unwittingly gotten herself involved in money laundering with the relief efforts, with the people from the Miami dinner episode. Something isn't passing the smell test for me with all this networking.

B becoming the latest useful idiot has crossed my mind since the beginning. 

This is interesting. I have not gotten this vibe (at least not yet) from B's humanitarian efforts but it doesn't mean your perceptions are wrong. As we've seen in recent years, several high profile foundations and initiatives have been called out for lack of transparency, questionable use of funds and so on. I hope Bethenny has not gotten involved in something like this -- it won't end well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, SCS said:

 I hope Bethenny has not gotten involved in something like this -- it won't end well.

I don't think she's being used to launder money (although stranger things have happened) but I do think Michael Capponi is a total creep.

He started dating a recent college grad (Brooke Biederman) and two years later, they were in a boating accident that left her without any memories between graduating from Princeton, and the crash (24 months of her life).  She had hidden the relationship due to him being much older (and a former heroin user):

"According to public records, she lost much of her short-term memory. And although she has almost fully recovered, Capponi insists Brooke is missing her memories of life with him. They also lived together in Key Biscayne...Brooke kept her relationship with Capponi a secret," reports the Herald." 

A decent man might reach out -- and upon seeing she was done with him, accept that a woman half his age is best left to get on with healing herself -- instead, he pulls this shit:

"He has been trying to jog her memory of their romance through a public Facebook page, where he tells stories of their relationship, like when they first fell in love in Islamorada, which he now visits on the 25th day of each month. He also shares photos from their two-year affair on the page."

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/womans-secret-2-year-love-affair-is-erased-from-her-memory-after-boating-accident

And (creepier still) according to her family, she does not suffer from memory loss anymore, and is trying to move forward: “This terrible accident is in the past, and with the tremendous support of my medical team, family, friends and professional colleagues, I have moved on with my life,”

Such an asshole to hound her like that on social media.

Didn't Carole introduce them to each other? 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That's what brought me to the site, to see if BS was a 501C3, and how the charity was being judged overall.   I was really sort of stunned by the various other B Strongs out there.  

As for calling it a charity, I'm sure she can, she just doesn't get the benefit of tax exemption.  I would imagine she has applied for 501C3 status, but it is a serious bit of red tape to qualify for.  I would imagine this is why she has co-mingled it with the Delivering Goods org.  (Plus, those donating don't get to deduct if moneys are given to BS, which is yuge.) 

It would seem that BStrong (the Bethenny one) is also flying under the scrutiny radar, which gives me pause to some extent.

duck.jpg

I don’t know why I didn’t think to check this thread before. After Wednesday’s episode, I started searching for B Strong on Charity Navigator and was surprised to learn just how many organizations use it in their names.

Ultimately I’d been hoping to find Bethenny’s B Strong on the site to see the percentage breakdown of admin costs, money given to those in need, etc. since someone in the episode thread commented that Bethenny had shat on LuAnn’s volunteering for the Red Cross based on the Red Cross’ (mis)use of funds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Here you go.  Remember that Delivering Good is the part of the organization that has the 501C3 designation.  But a nice balance sheet with money in and money out.

 

https://www.delivering-good.org/bstrong/

Are these funds/goods strictly from B Strong or are they comingled with Delivering Good's funds/goods? The site doesn't clarify and wasn't Huston (Texas) before she partnered with DG? That said, that's a lot of help for a lot of people in desperate need, Good for Bethenny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Ultimately I’d been hoping to find Bethenny’s B Strong on the site to see the percentage breakdown of admin costs, money given to those in need, etc. since someone in the episode thread commented that Bethenny had shat on LuAnn’s volunteering for the Red Cross based on the Red Cross’ (mis)use of funds.

My reason for checking also.

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Here you go.  Remember that Delivering Good is the part of the organization that has the 501C3 designation.  But a nice balance sheet with money in and money out.

 

https://www.delivering-good.org/bstrong/

I saw this.  To me, this doesn't speak to B Strong as an individual charity.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here is what B-Strong has raised:  

The $50 million number must come in under Michael's charity.

This is the problem with everyone wanting a charity with their moniker or a specific donation for their event when they support a charity.

I appreciate Bethenny donating time and money to the relief effort.  What I can;t abide by is the term "partnership" it should be in "support of" and my distaste goes back to the Dress for Success days.  Let the founders have their days and their donors.  Camping onto another charity and then calling it yours or you and your partners is distasteful. 

Sadly Bethenny has stepped in it again by denouncing established charities.  For once in her life do good without putting others down.  I am not the spokesperson for some of the larger charities but they do have overhead to pay in the form of salaries, supplies, transportation, insurance and overhead.  Not everyone gets donated labor and airfare or even gas money.  

It is also my pet peeve with Carole talking about Bethenny's lack of support of Beth Stern's charity via her running the marathon.  Bethenny gives to the charity.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Sadly Bethenny has stepped in it again by denouncing established charities.  For once in her life do good without putting others down.  I am not the spokesperson for some of the larger charities but they do have overhead to pay in the form of salaries, supplies, transportation, insurance and overhead.  Not everyone gets donated labor and airfare or even gas money.  

This photo tells a story.  What is it we're to focus on here Beth?

Screenshot (49).png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what B-Strong has raised:  

I appreciate Bethenny donating time and money to the relief effort.  What I can;t abide by is the term "partnership" it should be in "support of" and my distaste goes back to the Dress for Success days.  Let the founders have their days and their donors.  Camping onto another charity and then calling it yours or you and your partners is distasteful. 

Sadly Bethenny has stepped in it again by denouncing established charities.  For once in her life do good without putting others down.  I am not the spokesperson for some of the larger charities but they do have overhead to pay in the form of salaries, supplies, transportation, insurance and overhead.  Not everyone gets donated labor and airfare or even gas money.

Where is she speaking about partnerships or denouncing established charities?  I don't follow her social media or read all the interviews she gives. Can you tell me where to find what you are talking about?  I always end up lost in a maze of rabbit holes with this stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Where is she speaking about partnerships or denouncing established charities?  I don't follow her social media or read all the interviews she gives. Can you tell me where to find what you are talking about?  I always end up lost in a maze of rabbit holes with this stuff! 

Well she said, variations of me, we, I, us and partnership many times when she was being interviewed by Craig Melvin on MSNBC.   https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/bethenny-frankel-talks-disaster-relief-initiatives-in-puerto-rico-1244704323881  It takes a long time for her to mention Michael.  We have been there all about five days.   

Huge discrepancies between $1.3 million and $40-50 million.  

Once again she has to knock the other charities.  It is frustrating.  I am sharing this and I hope it helps.  I just don;t think Bethenny needs to lecture and her being referred to as a one woman Red Cross is ridiculous.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well she said, variations of me, we, I, us and partnership many times when she was being interviewed by Craig Melvin on MSNBC.   https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/bethenny-frankel-talks-disaster-relief-initiatives-in-puerto-rico-1244704323881  It takes a long time for her to mention Michael.  We have been there all about five days.   

Huge discrepancies between $1.3 million and $40-50 million.  

 

I am gobsmacked she raised only 1.3 million (with 337 K of that going to shipping costs). I guess her trademarked "hyperbole" kicked in when she led people to believe she had raised millions upon millions through BStrong (and was herself the first savior of Puerto Rico) when actually, another charity was doing all the heavy lifting (but hey, Frankel did all the heavy hashtagging!)

And no wonder she called Luann a loser for volunteering with the Red Cross. The Countess got her hands dirty in a disaster zone (while Frankel made phonecalls and insta vids of herself handing out gift cards in PR). She's managed to spin a public already (horribly) disinterested in Puerto Rico into thinking she single-handedly saved the island, while also managing along the way to erase the work of people IN Puerto Rico, as well as the real heroes of the relief effort (like José Andrés and World Central Kitchen - even now feeding people in Guatemala, despite Bethenny's insistence they were first! first! first!) 

It's not enough with her that she shone a light, and joined with charities already working to help -- admirable actions, and worthy of a bow  -- instead, she has to be the only one in the limelight.  

 

Quote

  I just don't think Bethenny needs to lecture and her being referred to as a one woman Red Cross is ridiculous.  

Amen.  

Edited by film noire
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, film noire said:

I am gobsmacked she only raised 1,3 million (with 337 K of that going to shipping costs).

I guess her trademarked "hyperbole" kicked in when she led people to believe she had raised millions upon millions through BStrong (and was herself the single savior of Puerto Rico, when actually, another charity was doing all the heavy lifting -- but hey, Frankel did all the heavy hashtagging!)

And no wonder she called Luann a loser for volunteering with the Red Cross. The Countess got her hands dirty in a disaster zone (while Frankel made phonecalls and insta vids of herself handing out gift cards in PR). She's managed to spin a public already (horribly) disinterested in Puerto Rico into thinking she single-handedly saved the island, managing along the way to erase the work of people IN Puerto Rico as well as the real heros of the relief effort (people like José Andrés and World Central Kitchen - even now feeding people in Guatemala, despite Frankel's insistence they were first! first! first!) It's not enough with her that she shone a light, and joined with charities already working to help -- admirable actions, and worthy of a bow  -- instead, she had to be the only one in the limelight.  

 

Amen.  

Bethenny does not understand she can do things without having to put others down.  I understand the cash cards thing and I think it is wonderful, but there are also government agencies, private and semi-private organizations trying to ge the power up, getting clean water running back to homes.  

The other thing I thought was totally Bethenny is she is listing the items they have in a warehouse the size of Costco and of course she mentions tampons.  There are ways to phrase and list things and she had to go there. 

I also wanted to ask if she was responsible for 50 planes how come only 7 people needing help were brought back to the mainland?  Seems she might have needed to coordinate with some of those agencies t help others reach the mainland to get the help they need. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

 

The other thing I thought was totally Bethenny is she is listing the items they have in a warehouse the size of Costco and of course she mentions tampons.  There are ways to phrase and list things and she had to go there. 

 

Go where?  Are you saying it's a problem because she said "tampons" rather than "feminine hygiene products" or "sanitary supplies". She was communicating important info in a short interview and used a term that everyone recognized.

I think it's beyond great that tampons are among the products available in a disaster zone. Bethenny has done lots of things on camera that make me roll my eyes but her use of specific language rather than generalities or euphemisms is, IMO, an odd thing to jump on. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×