Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On 5/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, LemonSoda said:

The popcorn is that way! Lol I actually discovered it when I couldn't find my regular Orville Redenbacher lime and sea salt popcorn mini bags. I saw the skinnygirl picked up the box and it's the popcorn I was looking for. It's Orville Redenbacher but in skinnygirl packaging. 

The beauty line was distributed by Lotta Luv. They labels are marked both Copyright Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl Cocktails LLC. 

So probably a lot of partnerships that just didn't work out. I know from another forum that a focus group said a lot of women were put off by the Skinny Girl name without even giving the products a chance. 

Did she product push a lot on her talk show? I tried to watch it but it was awkward. So many times during interviews she would make it all about herself instead of allowing the other person to talk. 

Conagra partnered with Bethenny on a few items-huge company. 

I believe what happens is the company pays Bethenny anywhere between and 2-4% of the wholesale price on a Skinnygirl branded product.  If her popcorn wholesales for $1.50, she receives anywhere between .03-.06 cents per package.  

It is up to Conagra or Smithfield whoever "partners" with Skinnygirl to determine whether they continue or cease production.  I question the use of the term "partner" because I seriously doubt Bethenny is given any interest in the manufacturing company.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/27/2018 at 10:54 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Dennis in a diaper and Beth in her Brynn's Hello Kitty pajamas. Soulmates?

LOL 

(Up next: Bethenny dons a cuntkin. Dennis wears Bryn's nightie. And it all goes down on a waterbed : )

ramona 6.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
On 5/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Happy Camper said:

Thanks HH!

Dennis Shields plays a guy named Dennis (according to the credits) who happens to enjoy wearing diapers. 

So if everyone is playing their own self....???

LOL.

I can’t really see his face. How did you guys know it was Dennis Shields?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t really see his face. How did you guys know it was Dennis Shields?

He has a very distinctive head shape, face, nose, plus he is listed in the credits. It's definitely him.

He has also written a book, "God Went Fishing" and this is his bio:

About the Author

Dennis Shields was born in 1967 in Lompoc, California, at Vandenberg Air Force Base. He has enjoyed a storied career in business and finance. He founded a bank, created an industry, represented his country in sport, acted in a major motion picture directed by an Academy Award winning director, and tends to exaggerate. He is proud of his family but will not disclose their whereabouts in order to protect them in the event a reader doesn’t appreciate the humor in this book.

I am not sure how he "represented his country in sport", but the rest of it appears true.

Maybe his next book will be called "Dennis Plays Tennis".

Edited by Happy Camper
Corrected spelling
  • Love 5

I loved her at the beginning, with her droopy eyes and her normal-girl demeanor, kind of how we'd be if we were suddenly in the UES with a bunch of pampered rich ladies who expected to be addressed by their made-up titles. She was like our eyes & ears.

hey, wait a minute, as I'm writing this, she's Cady from Mean Girls!  A fish out of water who suddenly became the most important, legendary-in-her-own-mind fish.

She has good business sense, sure (or she's really lucky!), and I applaud what she did for the hurricane victims.  Some people are like that...they can be kind to the "greater good" but they're just way too selfish to have close relationships.  (Bryn, please write a tell-all when you grow up!)

also her references are incredibly dated, so even though she's completely full of herself, she's nowhere near the "all that & a bag of chips" that she thinks she is!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Also her references are incredibly dated, so even though she's completely full of herself, she's nowhere near the "all that & a bag of chips" that she thinks she is!!!

If I had a Twitter account and liked Carole more, I'd suggest that every last one of her clapbacks to Bethenny include some insanely dated references like "homie don't play that" or "talk to the hand." I don't know if Bethenny would get it. Or during the reunion when Bethenny drops another dated reference, Carole could exclaim "What are those!!!!!!! You see, I can use old memes and references too."

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If I had a Twitter account and liked Carole more, I'd suggest that every last one of her clapbacks to Bethenny include some insanely dated references like "homie don't play that" or "talk to the hand." I don't know if Bethenny would get it. Or during the reunion when Bethenny drops another dated reference, Carole could exclaim "What are those!!!!!!! You see, I can use old memes and references too."

I have second hand embarrassment for Bethenny when she uses the outdated phrases.  Even her animals names are passe.  My second hand embarrassment is I watch the show where the trend setter is stuck on , "homey don't play that," and other various forgotten phrases.  It is almost as bad as Kyle a couple of seasons ago using "on fleek".  *

*My feelings on the use of "on fleek"  from the Urban Dictionary:

A word used by those intent on decimating the English language, and further depleting the ever dwindling repository of individuals capable of intellectual conversation.

For anyone who uses the term 'on fleek' I've added links to the big words to help you out.

I have a terrible vocabulary because I am a high school dropout. I have difficulty expressing myself with actual words, so I compensate for my inadequacies by using made up words and hope that no one questions it. In the likely event that someone DOES question it, I will react as if they are laughably out of touch. My portrayal of an uneducated social media whore is on fleek.

• Love 7

Season Three replay on Bravo right now.  I can see why B took a hairpin turn into black/white/red decor and rarely deviates.  Her original apartment decor is pretty bad.  The mauve couch she's sitting on during the Alex phone conversation is so faded from the sun and the rest of it, omg.  Akin to the standard colors of hospitals; light green and mauve.  I actually liked that apartment best, after she did the initial renovation, which was shown just prior to the Thanksgiving episode.

• Love 3

I’m loving the early seasons replay airing now on Bravo- it is interesting to see the beginning of all their journeys. The Bethenny/Jill feud is really sad- it’s good they have squashed it, but a shame it escalated into such a big fight. Both are to blame, but I can understand and empathize with both of their narratives. 

It is so weird to see Bethenny and Jason so in love and “happy”! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Her original apartment decor is pretty bad.  The mauve couch she's sitting on during the Alex phone conversation is so faded from the sun and the rest of it, omg.  Akin to the standard colors of hospitals; light green and mauve. 

Oh yeah, both her first two or three apartments on this show and BEA were fairly awful—-I know she was still somewhat ‘poor’ by typical RH standards, but it was fascinating to see how sparsely she decorated her places pre-success. We finally saw a bit more artwork/decorative flourishes in her space during BEA’s first season, but it was a long time coming. Her place truly did resemble a hospital suite for the longest!

• Love 5

I think Bethenny just doesn’t care all that much about decor and fashion, not like a lot of the other housewives do.  When she had no money, she grabbed stuff she could afford.  Now that she has all the money, she’s cultivated an elegant but fairly impersonal style.  Same thing with clothes.  She looks Modern-classic with at least her daywear.  She hasn’t developed a “signature” look like Luann and her statement necklaces and one-shoulder looks or Tinsley’s ruffles, and she also isn’t interested in being fashion-forward or experimental like Alex and Carole.  Unless you count skinny jeans as a “signature look”!  But when she’s not dressing up, she’s downright tacky.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, ancslove said:

think Bethenny just doesn’t care all that much about decor and fashion,

I completely disagree, especially about the decor. She takes great pride in her choices and thinks she is amazing at it and puts a lot of time and effort into it and did so before her show with Fedrick. You can watch her various tours of her apartments or her Snapchats to see how invested she is in it. I think her style is bland and manages to make expensive look generic but that’s a personal preference and she clearly achieves the look she is going for.

I also think she cares a lot about fashion or at least has an amazing stylist because her wardrobe is on point for the look she is going for and costs a shit ton of money. That isn’t a criticism she likes to look good and has the money to do it well. Her style is just different than Carole’s who’s goal is to be on or ahead of the trend.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ancslove said:

I think she likes everything to look good.  That’s not necessarily the same as being into fashion.  She’s never been that into the fashion world.  

She’s about to launch her second fashion line.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She’s about to launch her second fashion line.

The fall collection is due out any minute.  The holiday collection took orders a couple of weeks ago.  So it will be in stores any second. She’s said nothing about where it will be sold.  The price point is $100 or less.  She did say some of the outwear goes just a bit over.  The collection is 0-3x and designed to be racked together.

(edited)

Does anyone else recall Bethenny telling Carole the pitch for "The Reluctant Vegan" was "r*******"?

I guess I missed this episode but it was apparently caught by another poster.

If true, she needs to educate herself. The "R" word is  just offensive if used in that context.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4
On 5/28/2018 at 11:57 PM, Happy Camper said:

He has a very distinctive head shape, face, nose, plus he is listed in the credits. It's definitely him.

He has also written a book, "God Went Fishing" and this is his bio:

About the Author

Dennis Shields was born in 1967 in Lompoc, California, at Vandenberg Air Force Base. He has enjoyed a storied career in business and finance. He founded a bank, created an industry, represented his country in sport, acted in a major motion picture directed by an Academy Award winning director, and tends to exaggerate. He is proud of his family but will not disclose their whereabouts in order to protect them in the event a reader doesn’t appreciate the humor in this book.

I am not sure how he "represented his country in sport", but the rest of it appears true.

Maybe his next book will be called "Dennis Plays Tennis".

OMG!  He is from my neck of the woods!  Wonder if I know anyone that knew him?  Gonna have to check that out.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ancslove said:

I think Bethenny just doesn’t care all that much about decor and fashion, not like a lot of the other housewives do.  When she had no money, she grabbed stuff she could afford.  Now that she has all the money, she’s cultivated an elegant but fairly impersonal style.  Same thing with clothes.  She looks Modern-classic with at least her daywear.  She hasn’t developed a “signature” look like Luann and her statement necklaces and one-shoulder looks or Tinsley’s ruffles, and she also isn’t interested in being fashion-forward or experimental like Alex and Carole.  Unless you count skinny jeans as a “signature look”!  But when she’s not dressing up, she’s downright tacky.

I think she does enjoy those things but maybe she was never the person to give much thought to it when when she didn't have much money because she was too busy hustling to get that money. There are some people who love fashion and decor and can't afford the style they like so they get creative and figure out ways to recreate those styles on a budget. Based on Bethenny's life before her SG money, it's safe to say that Bethenny wasn't one of those people. But I think she takes a lot of pride in her home now and she's very particular and hands on with the aesthetics of her place, though her style may not be for everyone. As for fashion, I think Bethenny's outfits are almost always on point...but that could be with the help of a stylist. She's not adventurous with her styles but I think she does a good job of sticking to a classic sense of fashion without looking generic.

8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Does anyone else recall Bethenny telling Carole the pitch for "The Reluctant Vegan" was "r*******"?

I guess I missed this episode but it was apparently caught by another poster.

If true, she needs to educate herself. The "R" word is  just offensive if used in that context.

I don't know if it's a matter of Bethenny not being educated on things of that nature or the fact that she's such a nasty blabbermouth when she's angry or wanting to throw out sarcastic remarks at people that to be a bit more considerate with what terms she uses and how she uses them is probably too much work for her and an inconvenience. For as much as Bethenny can acknowledge her flaws and own when she's a bitch, she doesn't do an awful lot to really fix those things about herself (at least it doesn't seem that way).

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/25/2018 at 7:42 PM, WireWrap said:

It seems that Bethenny changes up her product line frequently and without a lot of thought. 

B. throws it all at the wall and sees what sticks. I don't believe she does thorough product research which is why you see everthing marked down so quickly after launch.

She's still looking for that next one great thing that takes off like her Skinny Girl Margarita and I believe she's getting into clothing to do a QVC/HSN type thing in hope of thousands of quick sales with a quicker pay off. 

With clothing she has a chance of changing what doesn't work each season. The hard thing would be disassociating her jeans line with the crap she was shilling at Target and Great Wal of China. 

Edited by Giselle
Weather: From cloudy to clear
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Giselle said:

B. throws it all at the wall and sees what sticks. I don't believe she does thorough product research which is why you see everthing marked down so quickly after launch.

She's still looking for that next one great thing that takes off like her Skinny Girl Margarita and I believe she's getting into clothing to do a QVC/HSN type thing in hope of thousands of quick sales with a quicker pay off. 

With clothing she has a chance of changing what doesn't work each season. The hard thing would be disassociating her jeans line with the crap she was shilling at Target and Great Wal of China. 

She did QVC many years ago, her mixer, and it was a one and done thing, very unusual for QVC. It went on clearance very quickly, had horrid reviews and she was never back on with any other product.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I almost think the success of Skinny Girl margarita was 80% very cute logo.

And 100% that it was the only low cal cocktail on the market.  Like everyone that gets their foot in the door first it continues to outsell the competition.  If you want it for the 4th of July you best buy it now or you’ll be stuck with Jose Cuervo. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And 100% that it was the only low cal cocktail on the market.  Like everyone that gets their foot in the door first it continues to outsell the competition.  If you want it for the 4th of July you best buy it now or you’ll be stuck with Jose Cuervo. 

Gee, I think lower calorie cocktails mixes and drinks have been around a very long time.  It seems there was something called Lite Beer a few years back that pretty much took the world by storm.  I don't think there has ever been a run on Skinnygirl.  Bethenny did her pre-Jim Beam sale claiming it was -but that was more of a marketing ploy than reality.  The manufacturers want to sell it-it is not as if the ingredients are hard to come by.  Unless sales have dropped and shelf space has been used for another product, it is the distiller's job to have product available. We are talking about essentially mixing Crystal Lite with cheap tequila/rum/vodka.  What a big distiller brings to the table is distribution.  Even Bethenny has ruminated about not being able to get that done on her own and having to employ men to make it happen.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Gee, I think lower calorie cocktails mixes and drinks have been around a very long time.  It seems there was something called Lite Beer a few years back that pretty much took the world by storm. 

The light beer craze was the same as the light cocktail, only much much earlier.  Miller hit the market mid 70’s (?) and everyone said they were mad.  I know because I worked for them at the time.  When SkinnyGirl hit the market there was nothing like it.  At the time there were real actively few ready to drink cocktails.  The best selling at the time were sweet stuff that quite frankly was aimed at under age drinkers.  The competitors ignored it and then suddenly they started retooling for it.  Jim Beam got a head start because they bought SG.  If you look right now it is still mostly marguarita based.  SG is the only low cal wine out there.  There is a good Bellini but its nearly impossible to find.  Here’s a good round up of the cocktails that sell.  Most of these are less than 5 years on the market.  I’m surprised that SG spicy marguarita isn’t on the list.  It is one of the better of all of them.  It is a market that distillers are still trying to figure out how to market.

https://proof.media/best-ready-to-drink-skinny-cocktails

• Love 11
On 6/2/2018 at 11:31 AM, QuinnM said:

The light beer craze was the same as the light cocktail, only much much earlier.  Miller hit the market mid 70’s (?) and everyone said they were mad.  I know because I worked for them at the time.  When SkinnyGirl hit the market there was nothing like it.  At the time there were real actively few ready to drink cocktails.  The best selling at the time were sweet stuff that quite frankly was aimed at under age drinkers.  The competitors ignored it and then suddenly they started retooling for it.  Jim Beam got a head start because they bought SG.  If you look right now it is still mostly marguarita based.  SG is the only low cal wine out there.  There is a good Bellini but its nearly impossible to find.  Here’s a good round up of the cocktails that sell.  Most of these are less than 5 years on the market.  I’m surprised that SG spicy marguarita isn’t on the list.  It is one of the better of all of them.  It is a market that distillers are still trying to figure out how to market.

https://proof.media/best-ready-to-drink-skinny-cocktails

Okay.  I'm no Bethenny fan (any longer),but, I do like the SG products. Where do you find those beverages?  

I do enjoy my SG popcorn and buy it weekly.  I've tried them all and it's the best, imo. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I'm no Bethenny fan (any longer),but, I do like the SG products. Where do you find those beverages?  

I do enjoy my SG popcorn and buy it weekly.  I've tried them all and it's the best, imo. 

One of the things Bethenny said way back was that if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money.  Since so many times I see her bottles at places where I know no one even knows her name it can’t just be Bethenny fans buying them.  The liquor store 2 blocks from me has the whole line.  But I have to be vigilant since the good cocktails sell out so fast.  There is a mojito that is ALWAYS sold out.  It must be great but I’ve never tasted it.  I imagine some crazy lady that empties the shelf every day.  Now what is really hard for me to find is the popcorn.  I agree its the best. I really like the lime.  And it pops perfectly every time.  It one of the items on my Walmart shopping list.  I check every time.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Since so many times I see her bottles at places where I know no one even knows her name it can’t just be Bethenny fans buying them

I am trying to figure out where these places are since you see them there and know her name, but no one even knows her name? 

Is this Dollar General?

But...Wait...I shop at Dollar General and I know who she is.

Edited by Happy Camper
last line added.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

One of the things Bethenny said way back was that if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money.  Since so many times I see her bottles at places where I know no one even knows her name it can’t just be Bethenny fans buying them.  The liquor store 2 blocks from me has the whole line.  But I have to be vigilant since the good cocktails sell out so fast.  There is a mojito that is ALWAYS sold out.  It must be great but I’ve never tasted it.  I imagine some crazy lady that empties the shelf every day.  Now what is really hard for me to find is the popcorn.  I agree its the best. I really like the lime.  And it pops perfectly every time.  It one of the items on my Walmart shopping list.  I check every time.

So sorry, Quinn, but how can it be possible to discern who and who not are the buyers of Bethenny's product?  How could she or anyone else know if her product is being purchased by Real Housewife viewers? 

This does not even make sense. She is counting on viewers to purchase her products, that is why she is on the show.

Bethenny saying this: " if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money" is one of the stupidest statements that ever was spoken by any housewife, ever. If she was not a Bravo personality, less people would know who she was and that would surely impact on sales. I am fairly sure that a high percent of her sales are due to her bravolebrity. 

She is full of SkinnyShit.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

So sorry, Quinn, but how can it be possible to discern who and who not are the buyers of Bethenny's product?  How could she or anyone else know if her product is being purchased by Real Housewife viewers? 

This does not even make sense. She is counting on viewers to purchase her products, that is why she is on the show.

Bethenny saying this: " if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money" is one of the stupidest statements that ever was spoken by any housewife, ever. If she was not a Bravo personality, less people would know who she was and that would surely impact on sales. I am fairly sure that a high percent of her sales are due to her bravolebrity. 

She is full of SkinnyShit.

I'm not even sure Bethenny would have her SG line, including the alcohol, had it not been for her Bravolebrity as a NY HW. Sales of her SG alcohol line fell after she left the network, even during her failed talk show, to the point that she rejoined a show she said she would never have anything to do with again when she left. She talks big but as you pointed out, she is full of it! LOL

• Love 7

Well, the reality is that stores stock products that sell. As much as I don't care for Skinny Girl Margaritas.... That shit has been stocked in my grocery store liquor store for years. It's selling. 

It's pretty accurate actually. Being a reality show star is always going to get you SOME sales no matter what your product is. If you're going to sustain a business on your product, you're going to need to have people buying it for more than they like you on the show. In Bethenny's case, someone has to buying some of this other than fans because frankly, she's doing too well for it to be just fans. I mean, don't most people who watch the show despise her?

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not even sure Bethenny would have her SG line, including the alcohol, had it not been for her Bravolebrity as a NY HW. Sales of her SG alcohol line fell after she left the network, even during her failed talk show, to the point that she rejoined a show she said she would never have anything to do with again when she left. She talks big but as you pointed out, she is full of it! LOL

She is such a fool if she did indeed say that  " if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money. "

So many of the purchasers would have been Real Housewives viewers, who would not otherwise have ever heard of her product.

7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I mean, don't most people who watch the show despise her?

I am a real housewife viewer and not a fan and I would not buy any of her products.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2

I am a real housewife viewer and not a fan and I would not buy any of her products.

So people must be buying it for reasons other than liking Bethenny for being on a tv show.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

So people must be buying it for reasons other than liking Bethenny for being on a tv show.

In the beginning, more viewers like Bethenny and supported her, I think many of those still buy her products even if they no longer care for her. I am also sure that their friends tried/bought her products based on their friends recommendations. Bethenny has had so many products but few have stood the test of time, her popcorn and liquor/drink mixes (which she doesn't own anymore) are 2 that lasted but most have disappeared, which is why she keeps adding to her ever changing line. Good for her that she keeps going. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Nope,  Bethenny thinks that  "if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money" so she must not have much faith in RH fans.

Nope,  Bethenny thinks that  "if the only people buying your products were Real Housewife viewers then you’ll lose money" so she must not have much faith in RH fans.

Help me out, because you're losing me. I'm saying people must be buying Skinnygirl stuff for reasons other than seeing Bethenny on RHONY because the products like the popcorn and drink mixes continue to sell well unlike most reality whore products. 

You're saying, no, thats not true... because Bethenny thinks she will lose money if only fans of the show buy the product. 

So, the products I mentioned continue to sell, and Bethenny is theoretically marketing away from Rhony, so how is it wrong that a) some SG products sell well and b) People are buying them for reasons other than Bethenny being on a tv show?

Honestly, like Bethenny or not, she's got a fair, and decent point - if a product is going to be long term successful, you can't rely on sales coming from a reality show. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

So many of the purchasers would have been Real Housewives viewers, who would not otherwise have ever heard of her product.

That is a different statement than the ONLY people purchasing are Real Housewives viewers.  I mean what are the ratings right now for RHONY?  Not enough to sustain a full line of ready made cocktails in the open market.  She has told Andy over and over that it was the RHONY that gave her the platform to launch the brand Skinny Girl.  Many and only are two very different words and the two statements have different meanings.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

There aren’t enough RHONY fans to sustain a line of ready made cocktails = I don’t trust RYONY fans?  I think that’s a stretch.

• Love 3

I'll have to check out our ABC stores so I can try some of those products.  I'm not a liquor drinker, but, those SG drinks look awesome.  The SG popcorn is sold at Walmart, Harris Teeter and Food Lion. And it's sold out A LOT.  I hold my breath as I approach that isle.   I'm not sure about other stores.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She's simply saying you can't count on ONLY RH viewers to buy your product - you must have other customers to sustain a business. I don't think she's saying she can't count on RH fans buying it at all. That's a big reason behind her doing the show at all, of course.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'll have to check out our ABC stores so I can try some of those products.  I'm not a liquor drinker, but, those SG drinks look awesome.  The SG popcorn is sold at Walmart, Harris Teeter and Food Lion. And it's sold out A LOT.  I hold my breath as I approach that isle.   I'm not sure about other stores.  

A fellow Virginian? 

• Love 1

I would buy any product like the SG line, if it was of similar quality. If a competitor comes out, say.....Thin Girl brand, I'd try it. lol  I don't need a personal connection to the brand. 

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

A fellow Virginian? 

North Carolina, but, not far from VA.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Skinny girl popcorn and Smartfood popcorn both have 160 calories in a small bag, I think, after doing a quick search. 

IMO, their nutrition chart is wonky. I've even had a discussion about it, with my nutritionist. lol I'm not convinced that a small bag of that popcorn has 6 cups.  I'll measure it tonight to see.  Whatever, it is, it's 25 calories, per cup popped.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, their nutrition chart is wonky. I've even had a discussion about it, with my nutritionist. lol I'm not convinced that a small bag of that popcorn has 6 cups.  I'll measure it tonight to see.  Whatever, it is, it's 25 calories, per cup popped.  

I feel so sorry for nutritionists.  I had the same discussion.  She had me measure them.  It’s about 100 calories for SG.  But my nutritionist has a thing about popcorn.  She says that substituting popcorn for dinner is a big red flag. It’s one of the ways people fill their stomach without eating a meal.  But even at Walmart, which I only visit on rare occasions SG lime seems always sold out.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I can see that about treats.  I'm big on a healthy dinner though.  Lean protein, lots of veggies and not too heavy  on the carbs. Then, I have my popcorn later, but, not too late.  It works for me.  I hate the fact that it has palm oil, but, for now, ignore that. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I know that a number of people have asked about the BStrong relief effort, how it works, why the gift cards, why the partners in Miami reached out to her etc.  Right now on Insta she kicked off the Guatemalan relief effort. She called out for $ for gift cards, plane tickets for volunteers.  Her team is going in tomorrow with firefighters.  Someone responded with miles.  She said she was looking into how to get that set up so people could just donate their miles.  Someone asked about why gift cards and she responded:

“The cities near by have stores. This is why after Maria, we did overall relief for months then give cards so they can buy what they need and rebuild economy. Every situation is different.”

So if you wondered or had questions right now is a good time to follow.  It will answer a lot for you.  Plus when it’s over you just unfollow.  Easy Peasy

• Love 1

I'm still a bit curious (ok, suspicious) about the gift cards she donated to the Red Cross. Were they donated to her for her hurricane relief effort, and she just "reallocated" them? Not that the Red Cross doesn't help with hurricane relief or isn't a worthy cause, It just seemed sketchy to me that she donated money to them with gift cards.  It just seems too easy for a few of those cards to "go missing". Maybe my opinion is tainted by the former mayor of Baltimore that used donated gift cards, intended for those in need, to fill her closet with Jimmy Choo shoes. 

• Love 7