Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Yeah, homeless dogs suck, but how many dogs does Bethenny need to rescue to officially "Have Done Enough"?

Two is two more than I have. 

Therefore I am not bitching or taking her to task when her actual responsibility to take in pets of PR is zero. 

• Love 10

She did take them. And considering how her Twitter fans react to her, she most likely knew that posting their images and soliciting opinions would likely end with adoption requests (which it did). She is paying for their medical work and their flights - she doesn't fly via private plane on her own, she's currently asking Delta for help in getting them out because her return flight is with them.

The island was crawling with abandoned dogs before the hurricane and now it's even worse. Every rescue down there is overwhelmed. So if she can take care of the medical stuff on her own and get them out of there with her on her dime on Tuesday, then that's a plus because rescue funds don't have to be used for them.

FYI: If anyone wants to help out the dog situation in Puerto Rico, The Sato Project is an awesome organization that I have donated to in the past. The owner, Chrissy Beckles, had her PR home and rescue headquarters destroyed by Maria and she still continues to work tirelessly, most times without electricity, to rescue dogs and get them out.

• Love 8

She took 1 litter to the vet...she didnt take most...she just said to let her know if you are committing to one and she will provide transport.

I can afford to do what she is dping right now...and would be if I was there.

She is one of the richest women around, Im sure much richer than Vanderpump.  

My issue is, if you SEE its a problem, and you are videoing dozens and dozens of helpless animals...save them all! Her wallet would not feel a dent. 

39 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, homeless dogs suck, but how many dogs does Bethenny need to rescue to officially "Have Done Enough"?

Two is two more than I have. 

Therefore I am not bitching or taking her to task when her actual responsibility to take in pets of PR is zero. 

with her millions?? all of them...and set up and fund a rescue there.

Jesus christ if Vanderpump can go to Yulin, which had to be horrific, Beth can do more that post videos.  That was bullshit to offer transport if someone commits 100 percent.

Edited by Christi
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, so she flew Delta down there.  She does not have a private plane.  How many dogs to you think she and one other person can bring back on Delta?  She insta’d the two puppies were unwanted and is bringing them back because she had a firm commitment from people.  She took them to a vet and is now trying to arrange getting them on Delta.  

But as she said the people are where the money goes. Vanderpump?  Really is she cared she should fly down there and rescue some dogs. And hey, if this is so upsetting to you get involved.  I’m sure there are agencies that would love your money or your volunteer effort.  

It’s very easy to sit and judge.  It’s harder to care enough to do something.

lol..

I am very involved in this county, and donate ever dime I can...EVERY month.  if I could afford to be in PR and save them, I would.  I work very hard in rescue, and thats why this is difficult to watch.

Jesus, Im not some internet troll, bitching about everything.  If this wasnt my life's work, Im sure I wouldnt even notice her videos.

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

I can afford to do what she is dping right now...and would be if I was there.

But since you're not physically in PR, you won't be doing as much as Bethenny.  

Look, I'm not intending to take you to task for how you choose to spend your discretionary income - I personally have my own set charities so I don't give to every one that pops up but I actually do think Bethenny Frankel has been extremely active in the Puerto Rico situation with charity, to where if she's not now throwing a huge ton of money toward the dog situation, I am pretty ok with that. No one is under any obligation to give, that's why when people do give, we're taught to not judge the amount. 

with her millions?? all of them

That's an unrealistic expectation for anyone. Since I personally would never give up every cent I have to charity, I refuse to insist Bethenny Frankel do what I won't. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Christi said:

lol..

I am very involved in this county, and donate ever dime I can...EVERY month.  if I could afford to be in PR and save them, I would.  I work very hard in rescue, and thats why this is difficult to watch.

It didn't feel good to have QuinnM suggest that you aren't doing enough, right? 

You're doing what you can right now and that's what's important.

The same goes with Bethenny. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

It didn't feel good to have QuinnM suggest that you aren't doing enough, right? 

You're doing what you can right now and that's what's important.

The same goes with Bethenny. 

Wrong.

I have NEVER once taken a pic of a homeless dog, and said I would save him ONLY IF someone messages me with a firm commitment to take the dog.  I have never even heard of anyone doing that! Completely RIDICULOUS.  

Problem solved, I unfollowed her on IG.  Easy Peasy.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

But since you're not physically in PR, you won't be doing as much as Bethenny.  

Look, I'm not intending to take you to task for how you choose to spend your discretionary income - I personally have my own set charities so I don't give to every one that pops up but I actually do think Bethenny Frankel has been extremely active in the Puerto Rico situation with charity, to where if she's not now throwing a huge ton of money toward the dog situation, I am pretty ok with that. No one is under any obligation to give, that's why when people do give, we're taught to not judge the amount. 

That's an unrealistic expectation for anyone. Since I personally would never give up every cent I have to charity, I refuse to insist Bethenny Frankel do what I won't. 

Obviously I didnt mean for Beth to spend all her money.  For very little money (for her) she could set up a reputable rescue and transport sanctuary in PR.  I work with an amazing sanctuary in Hawaii that transports to the US and other countries.

Also, Wings of Rescue is a group of volunteer pilots who transport  rescues from high kill shelters to safety at no charge. Angels for sure.

https://wingsofrescue.or

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Christi said:

Obviously I didnt mean for Beth to spend all her money.  For very little money (for her) she could set up a reputable rescue and transport sanctuary in PR.  I work with an amazing sanctuary in Hawaii that transports to the US and other countries.

You called her a fucking monster.  That’s pretty clear.  You expect her to take time and money from saving children and save puppies instead.  And if she doesn’t apparently that makes her a fucking monster.  I’m also assuming the fuck you at the end of the post was aimed at Bethenny as well.  

And I am saying you’re wrong. And if you want a scape goat Vanderpump is a good one.  She can buy and sell Bethenny ten times over.  Why isn’t she helping?  Did you reach out to her?  Did you end the email with fuck you?  Cuz that always helps in a discussion.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

You called her a fucking monster.  That’s pretty clear.  You expect her to take time and money from saving children and save puppies instead.  And if she doesn’t apparently that makes her a fucking monster.  I’m also assuming the fuck you at the end of the post was aimed at Bethenny as well.  

And I am saying you’re wrong. And if you want a scape goat Vanderpump is a good one.  She can buy and sell Bethenny ten times over.  Why isn’t she helping?  Did you reach out to her?  Did you end the email with fuck you?  Cuz that always helps in a discussion.

I have my feelings, you have yours. This subject is very close to my heart, and her actions have made me feel incredibly frustrated and sad.  I unfollowed her. Im out.

I honestly hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Earth Day with the ones you love, either 2 or 4 legged.

Edited by Christi
  • Love 7

Obviously I didnt mean for Beth to spend all her money. 

I can only go by your comments - I asked how much money she needed to give and you said all of it. That's an unrealistic expectation, and like QuinnM said, when I couple that with calling her a "fucking monster" for what she *has* done. I have to assume you meant it. Good to know there's a line somewhere where Bethenny might edge out of "fucking monster" zone that doesn't involve her donating every cent she has.

And I have to correct myself, I asked how many dogs she should take in from Puerto Rico and you said all of them, which would be a huge, expensive undertaking but not necessarily all of her cash. Still, charity is not *required* and Bethenny has already done a huge amount of charitable work for PR. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 7

Oh my god, when I said All of Them, I meant all the homeless animals.....AND  to save them by planting the seeds of a self sustaining sanctuary-transport located in PR.  There are examples of successful ones (for all types of animals) all over the world. 

Please know that my failure to respond to your "facts"  is not because I believe them, but rather I choose not to get into a crazy back and forth argument.

Others on this board, and elsewhere, have shown a spotlight on Beth's actual contributions to PR (months before the dog "rescue".)  Some may see Beth as an altruistic, selfless do-gooder, others view her very differently.

Me? I see Beth as a Beth supporter-win at all costs kinda gal and not a nice person.  

Edited by Christi
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Christi said:

Oh my god, when I said All of Them, I meant all the homeless animals.....AND  to save them by planting the seeds of a self sustaining sanctuary-transport located in PR.  There are examples of successful ones (for all types of animals) all over the world. 

Oh you mean like the Sato Project in PR.  They were hit very hard by the hurricane and are not answering the phone this weekend.  But by all means if you hate her this a great way to really make your point.  Because she organized one of the largest relief efforts in PR.  Because she brought water filtration to people that were drinking contaminated run off from factories.  But what a fucking monster because she won’t save the little puppies.  That’s sarcasm.

Bethenny gives everyone plenty of things to criticize, unfortunately this isn’t one of them. 

• Love 6

Bethenny has done so much for Puerto Rico—that she didn’t have to do.  Needs have to be prioritized.  People would hate on her if she focused solely on the dogs and left behind people.  Her focus has been on helping the people.  She isn’t over there having a barbecue.  She is trying to get food, clean water, and generators to people. She is trying to get basic life necessities out to the areas that nobody will go to.  If she can bring back a couple of dogs on her way back then great but hey, that is bonus points to me.  Yes, animals might be important to YOU but nobody can be everything to everybody.  But the fuck you’s are uncalled for, IMO. 

• Love 12

Well, gosh.  We have a rescue dog.  We've always have had rescue pets.  Animals in the US are euthanized every day.  I feel terrible for the dogs in PR but we have to address our own problems here just as much as anywhere else.  If people want to save an animal,  go to your local shelter.  Contact a local rescue. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Animals in the US are euthanized every day.  I feel terrible for the dogs in PR but we have to address our own problems here just as much as anywhere else. 

PR is in the US. 

But carry on.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

PR is in the US. 

But carry on.

I was waiting for someone to state that.  I know PR is part of the US.  My point was that there are animals in need all over the US.  If you want to save an animal, you can do it in your own area.

• Love 3
On 4/22/2018 at 5:55 PM, Christi said:

I have NEVER once taken a pic of a homeless dog, and said I would save him ONLY IF someone messages me with a firm commitment to take the dog.  I have never even heard of anyone doing that! Completely RIDICULOUS.  

Thanks for working in rescue, Christi (people like you are the reason my husband and I have had such wonderful animal companions over the years). 

18 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

But the fuck you’s are uncalled for, IMO. 

And IMO criticizing a fellow poster, instead of the housewife being discussed, is uncalled for. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

I am an animal lover to a fault, and sometimes at my own peril, but to me, the humans should take priority.  It guts me to think of all of the homeless 4-legged creatures in need, no matter where they reside, but I don't believe they should be prioritized until and unless the humans are taken care of.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6

Bethenny is now working with The Sato Project (and All Sato Rescue, I believe - or, at least, they offered help to her on Twitter) to get the remaining dogs. TSP's Chrissy Beckles also showed up in her Instastories or whatever those things are called. She has also set up a specific fund dedicated to helping the dogs on the island. This is on top of her original purpose for this trip, helping the rebuilding effort in Piñones since, you know, the people of Puerto Rico still need a ton of help. Especially with hurricane season just around the corner and a sea of tarp still greeting every flight in and out of PR.

(She's also showing off some PRican sights, beaches, and food to her followers. Any tourism helps. She's in San Juan but let me just give a shout-out to Aguadilla, my family's hometown on the NW coast! We've got great food, relaxing beaches, surfing beaches, lighthouse ruins, and a water park and indoor ice skating rink that will hopefully open in the summer. But, really, the main attraction is the beaches and volunteers immediately started cleaning them up after Maria and the efforts have paid off.)

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 6

Hey folks, you're beating a dead horse (Bethenny & PR), sniping at each other while doing it, and have strayed rather far from the topic of the show and into your own opinions on general matters. All of these things make for less fun threads. Let's move along now.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

And her knees look like sonogram fetuses, bless her heart.

Chewed up cashews are all over my screen, so effing funny.

May I use that saying?

8 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

He says that Bethenny keeps throwing his sweaters out?

She throws out (ugly) $900 sweaters?  Must be nice to be rich!

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I'm not getting the slogan "LOVED" on the back of Dennis' sweater. 

He says that Bethenny keeps throwing his sweaters out?

That's interesting.

It is just the Gucci prêt à porter collection from this past winter. They came out with Loved, and used it on sweaters, purses....

64B4357C-5E35-4D1F-93F3-B47FEA764D4F.jpeg

• Love 4

Moving the discussion from epi thread. Does Beth have influence over who stays or goes?

“She is acting as a producer and if she doesn’t like you, you’re off the show,” one source close to production tells us. “You saw what happened with Kristen (Taekman) and Heather (Thomson). Bye-bye, see you later. She didn’t like them.”

Who knows?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/bethenny-frankel-producer-role-real-housewives-article-1.2390609

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Moving the discussion from epi thread. Does Beth have influence over who stays or goes?

Who knows?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/bethenny-frankel-producer-role-real-housewives-article-1.2390609

Without a doubt, Bethenny has Andy's ear but she doesn't have the power some think she has. Heather quit because of issues with her business partner and Kristen quit because of the scandal with Josh and the AM cheating site. That doesn't mean that I don't think Bethenny wasn't happy they left but they left on their own terms, not Bravo's, Andy's and certainly not Bethenny's. 

Now, Bethenny does have the influence to have someone hired, Aviva was hired because of her recommendation. LOL

• Love 3
On 5/4/2018 at 9:23 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

That items is 2.5 yrs. old, so don't know what may have changed.  No question that Andy is a fan girl of Bethenny's.

Andy is a fan girl and part of doing NY is one has to be able to handle Bethenny.

Take Kristen-she didn't stand a chance of coming back with or without  Josh's Ashley Madison scandal.  Josh made the mistake of dating Bethenny years earlier and Bethenny did not want that relived.  Kristen has her good friend Brandi to thank for that little piece of information.  Dorinda had come on the scene and was a different flavor and had a cool house in the Berkshires.  I think Kristen was lucky to have a second season.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I thought Jason's 6 mo probation so to speak was mid Oct to mid April idk on a court date. 

I believe it was referring to the custody case, not Jason.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Bethenny says that she about comes apart at the seams by the end of this season. That she had taken on too much to do including the show with Fredrik where they flipped 5 places, the relief effort, her personal issues, and this show .

Bethenny was on Steve Harvey plugging this episode. It was stated that he was one of the “generous donors” who allowed usage of his private plane to fly in emergency supplies. Bethenny had on a white jumpsuit and looked very good. She also said that doing that relief could be a full time job and they still are in desperate need of help. 

Read Spoiler Last

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3
On 5/9/2018 at 7:09 PM, LilaFowler said:

Ohhhhh I feel like I'm going to be Team Bethenny when it comes to the Carole/Adam thing. These previews for next week look juicy.

These made for TV friendships always take a turn when all of a sudden the issue of compensation arises.  Bethenny is doing a good thing but it is also all about her brand and her partnerships all the time.  I am quite certain Bethenny has guaranteed she has received more brand recognition than anyone for her #thisisacrisis.   After being very generous to Adam and Carole with international trips-Adam has his effing hand out?  Personally, I don't think there are a lot of couples that want to hang with Bethenny and Dennis so Adam and Carole it was.  

I found this today:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-bethenny-frankel-dennis-shields-relationship-update  Does Bethenny or for that matter Andy listen themselves before they speak?  

"I am dating and I'm looking for a partner. Like a real partner. Someone who's not intimidated by all that comes with me, which is really a challenging thing," she said. "Years ago, Andy Cohen said to me, 'Bethenny, we're quickly pricing ourselves out of the market.' So I recognize it's not that easy to meet the right partner, but it's like real estate: I'm not willing to settle. It has to be great, or I'm not doing it."

I wonder if she will settle for a partner on the highway  or does the partnetr have to be fully south of the highway?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

These made for TV friendships always take a turn when all of a sudden the issue of compensation arises.  Bethenny is doing a good thing but it is also all about her brand and her partnerships all the time.  I am quite certain Bethenny has guaranteed she has received more brand recognition than anyone for her #thisisacrisis.   After being very generous to Adam and Carole with international trips-Adam has his effing hand out?  Personally, I don't think there are a lot of couples that want to hang with Bethenny and Dennis so Adam and Carole it was.  

I found this today:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-bethenny-frankel-dennis-shields-relationship-update  Does Bethenny or for that matter Andy listen themselves before they speak?  

"I am dating and I'm looking for a partner. Like a real partner. Someone who's not intimidated by all that comes with me, which is really a challenging thing," she said. "Years ago, Andy Cohen said to me, 'Bethenny, we're quickly pricing ourselves out of the market.' So I recognize it's not that easy to meet the right partner, but it's like real estate: I'm not willing to settle. It has to be great, or I'm not doing it."

I wonder if she will settle for a partner on the highway  or does the partnetr have to be fully south of the highway?

They are both ridiculously materialistic. She is bordering Leona Hemsley’s charming personality.

Dennis is better suited for Riverhead.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

They are both ridiculously materialistic. She is bordering Leona Hemsley’s charming personality.

Dennis is better suited for Riverhead.

I think it is called room for one with Bethenny and Andy.  Poor people not welcome in their worlds. Imagine falling in love with some one because they are a kind, decent person.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is called room for one with Bethenny and Andy.  Poor people not welcome in their worlds. Imagine falling in love with some one because they are a kind, decent person.  

Andy, on his radio show, had the idiocy to ask if Dr Heimlich benefited financially from inventing the life saving maneuver.

Unreal.

• Love 10