Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thanks, KFB! 

Aww, ryebread! I think she looks pretty good. I like that hair color, too. It's flattering and softens her "look" and really could pass for natural. 

I usually think she looks good.  Bitter on the inside, always, but usually pretty and well put together on the outside.  And I'm one of the few that doesn't think she's too thin.  But the look above, for me, is very, very odd.  Aside from the extreme side eyes, her skin doesn't look good and the make-up is harsh for broad daylight.  If you're gonna wear a red lip, don't let it be a patchy red lip.  I'm not quite sure what look she was going for, here.  Unless...this is a totally candid shot and she was caught off guard having just finished lunch after an indoor photo shoot which would explain the heavy handed make-up and the messed up lipstick.  LOL.  Now, that would make sense.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

21879551_1617454634992450_53822049337412

Red Lipstick for you HoodoozNoodooz

I think she looks pretty good. I like that hair color, too. It's flattering and softens her "look" and really could pass for natural. 

I think she looks good here too.

• Love 7

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZt8FvNAqDP/?hl=en

I like her and am happy that she's including Puerto Rico in her charity work. Almost all my family is down there and the island needs all the help it could get. It is heartbreaking.

ETA: She just posted that she got the fifth plane.

ETA Part II: Is there a ban on just mentioning this? She's popping up on my PR update groups on FB a lot. 

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 9

She has a plane from Donny Deutsch and one from the music producer Omar.  So there are a number of people that are seeing that she has the logistics set up in PR and the twitter power to get them loaded in NY.  The last I saw they were trying to work out the liability for transporting a baby on life support.  So it's pretty impressive stuff.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She has a plane from Donny Deutsch and one from the music producer Omar.  So there are a number of people that are seeing that she has the logistics set up in PR and the twitter power to get them loaded in NY.  The last I saw they were trying to work out the liability for transporting a baby on life support.  So it's pretty impressive stuff.

Seriously impressive. Good for her. 

• Love 7

Haven't seen much from her since they left NY.  She did warn everyone that all the cell was out in PR.  So she did a mass upload just now.  A baby doctor needed some items and said she would meet Bethenny at the airport if she could get them down.  So she snapped the baby doctor picking up her items.  Very happy doctor.  $25,000 at Costco to a group called Feeding America that is feeding PR.  So lots of good things.  Two planes so far.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Haven't seen much from her since they left NY.  She did warn everyone that all the cell was out in PR.  So she did a mass upload just now.  A baby doctor needed some items and said she would meet Bethenny at the airport if she could get them down.  So she snapped the baby doctor picking up her items.  Very happy doctor.  $25,000 at Costco to a group called Feeding America that is feeding PR.  So lots of good things.  Two planes so far.

She is thanking MaryKay and Walmart on Twitter, so looks like she has a lot of power behind her. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, film noire said:

Did the mods lift the ban on discussing this? (eta: removing comment about puerto rico that i realized could be construed as borderline political.) 

Great question. I didn't realize when I posted mine that we weren't supposed to post on this topic any longer. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Great question. I didn't realize when I posted mine that we weren't supposed to post on this topic any longer. 

It's on the previous page in this thread (page 103 if this link doesn't work, b/c I always screw this up ; ) 

Edited by film noire
12 hours ago, Luciano said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZt8FvNAqDP/?hl=en

I like her and am happy that she's including Puerto Rico in her charity work. Almost all my family is down there and the island needs all the help it could get. It is heartbreaking.

11 hours ago, QuinnM said:

10 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

10 hours ago, QuinnM said:

10 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

She is thanking MaryKay and Walmart on Twitter, so looks like she has a lot of power behind her. 

7 hours ago, bagger said:

I was impressed when she first set out to help Houston but she didn't stop there. Good for her! 

Whoa, I've been out of the loop for a while and had no idea Bethenny was involved in the Puerto Rico relief efforts this way. That is totally awesome!  Good for her - and for everyone she is helping.  Very impressive!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whoa, I've been out of the loop for a while and had no idea Bethenny was involved in the Puerto Rico relief efforts this way. That is totally awesome!  Good for her - and for everyone she is helping.  Very impressive!

She also went to Mexico after the earthquake.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Wow, just wow. She seems to have settled into this role nicely. If she never does another thing she has done this. 

WOW indeed.  I'm beyond impressed.   No matter what shit she pulls from now on; doesn't matter.  She has a fan for life in me.  

• Love 13

Same here, jnymph. It really puts things into perspective. Bethenny really stepped up and actually did something, and a lot!, and that speaks volumes.   

• Love 8

We've received a few questions about the renewed discussion of Bethenny's charity efforts, and had decided to let the discussion proceed as long as it stayed civil, and didn't turn into a war between the Bethenny Lovers and the Bethenny Haters. But now, folks have brought in discussion of politics, which as we've reminded you many times, has no place on this forum. There's no reason to bring up Trump, his administration, or their reactions to current events, or any other political figures. So we're leaving one warning: cross the line into politics, and you'll be suspended.

• Love 2

My cousin's father is Puerto Rican, and his grandfather still hasn't been reached in Puerto Rico.  We're hoping he's okay.

She has listed in snap and twitter the forgotten cities.  They have been concentrating on them.  So if your grandfather is in one of them there have been numerous folks that have messaged to get through. She also has called out people that haven't been so nice as well.  The mayor of Corozal took the water instead of letting it go to a home for elderly with respiratory and Alzheimer's.  He said it was a private donation and it was his to decide.  One of the first four planes demanded more money once they were in PR or they said they would leave them. And just today the fuel guy at the airport said cash only.  None of it worked out well for them.

She is back in NYC but they are keeping it rolling with the people they've got set up.  She is up to 11 planes now.  She said that 99% of the friends and contacts she reached out to said no.  So she is constantly listing those that have stepped up with a plane or donation or cash.  

Following her right now is really interesting.  Her doc that did the cancer surgery showed up at her place last Sunday to take out the stitches so she could leave at 3 AM on Monday.  She did an interview this morning.  Filmed the counter tops with Ecklund this afternoon.  So I'm dead just watching.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She has listed in snap and twitter the forgotten cities.  They have been concentrating on them.  So if your grandfather is in one of them there have been numerous folks that have messaged to get through. She also has called out people that haven't been so nice as well.  The mayor of Corozal took the water instead of letting it go to a home for elderly with respiratory and Alzheimer's.  He said it was a private donation and it was his to decide.  One of the first four planes demanded more money once they were in PR or they said they would leave them. And just today the fuel guy at the airport said cash only.  None of it worked out well for them.

She is back in NYC but they are keeping it rolling with the people they've got set up.  She is up to 11 planes now.  She said that 99% of the friends and contacts she reached out to said no.  So she is constantly listing those that have stepped up with a plane or donation or cash.  

Following her right now is really interesting.  Her doc that did the cancer surgery showed up at her place last Sunday to take out the stitches so she could leave at 3 AM on Monday.  She did an interview this morning.  Filmed the counter tops with Ecklund this afternoon.  So I'm dead just watching.

Good for Bethenny, she has found something that has given her her passion back while helping so many others! 

• Love 10

I praised her before for this, and will forever. I have family there, too, and am lucky that i have been able to talk to them.  It's horrendous, and wonderful to see someone use her financial power for enormous good.  Is Dennis's company one of her hashtags?

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

She wrote that 99% of those asked said no??  My God.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I praised her before for this, and will forever. I have family there, too, and am lucky that i have been able to talk to them.  It's horrendous, and wonderful to see someone use her financial power for enormous good.  Is Dennis's company one of her hashtags?

She wrote that 99% of those asked said no??  My God.

She did. She said that 99% of her friends and contacts said no. People are asking her to dish on who said no but she hasn't. I wonder if she will? 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

She did. She said that 99% of her friends and contacts said no. People are asking her to dish on who said no but she hasn't. I wonder if she will? 

I am curious who said no but also why they said no. It is very possible that they already gave but through another charity and if she reveals who they are, I hope she also says if they gave elsewhere.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I am curious who said no but also why they said no. It is very possible that they already gave but through another charity and if she reveals who they are, I hope she also says if they gave elsewhere.  

Yea, I hope she just doesn't say. Could be a lot of reasons. She just sounded mostly frustrated. Her twitter feed is full of her trying to get meds and supplies to people. Trying to get gravely ill people on a plane to a place where they can get treatment. Begging for insulin and chemo drugs for people. She sounds exhausted by it all. And people are sending her names of people who need help and she is trying to respond. I think she was probably exhausted when she revealed that she wasn't getting all the help from the people she wanted, because in that situation you want help from everyone. And to let people know the folks that are helping. She is giving shout-outs left and right to those that are coming to aid. 

• Love 9

She noted Omar (music producer).  I think he was the second in.  She bought the first plane.  Donny Deutsch bought a plane.  She alluded to a suitor, assuming Dennis.  Then a lot of charter companies started tossing in.  It seemed to build steam as people saw that she was really doing it.  That items were getting to people.  That those in need were on planes getting to FL.  She noted one of her friends, Terri (who is in Miami), bought hotel and plane fare for someone that needed to get all the way to NY for family and treatment.

Latest is they were going to land in Ponce but the airport demanded cash for landing and they switched airports.  So she's playing hard ball.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She also has called out people that haven't been so nice as well.  The mayor of Corozal took the water instead of letting it go to a home for elderly with respiratory and Alzheimer's.  He said it was a private donation and it was his to decide.  One of the first four planes demanded more money once they were in PR or they said they would leave them. And just today the fuel guy at the airport said cash only.  

The corruption in Puerto Rico is rampant. And it didn't just start with this disaster. One reason some people aren't willing to write checks is because aid rarely gets to where it's supposed to go due to the corruption there. It sounds like Bethenny is getting first hand experience of that and is learning about the proper channels to get more help to where it's needed. Props to her for using her platform for the greater good. So many don't, as she's also finding out. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Latest is they were going to land in Ponce but the airport demanded cash for landing and they switched airports.  So she's playing hard ball.

F**kers. I hope she doesn't get frustrated. She's up against a machine. Not to mention the devastation is so great and the logistics are so bad. That's why the loaded cargo ships sat in the harbor for several days. Keep plugging away, Bethenny. Can you imagine an airport denying landing? I don't even think there's a whole lot of airports to choose from.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I have family there, too, and am lucky that i have been able to talk to them. 

So glad you got to talk to them, MC, that must be a huge relief -- when even Mexico is sending aid (despite their own devastation) and the Red Cross has raised only nine million for Maria (vs 350 million for Harvey) anybody arranging private cargo planes to PR -- Frankel, Pitbull, Mark Cuban -- deserves a medal.

15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I'd like to know who, and why as well (and I have to say, imo, if she were a male b lister -- with an equally caustic/controversial personality, even -- the yesses would be far more forthcoming.  She partnered on this with an excellent charity & enough corporate donors have loaded up those planes to make it legit to other big fish.  If she were a man, that would be enough for many of her contacts to give at least *something*.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I wonder how this experience will affect her.

-Depending on how and why 99% of her contacts/friends said no, will that change her feelings about those relationships?

-After seeing, 1st hand, the devastation and poverty in Puerto Rico, will it color the way she lives her way of life in NYC? I mean, I doubt she's been able to get to the poorest, mountainous regions yet, so if her mind is blown by what she has seen so far, I wonder if what she's going to see will skew her perception about what's important in life. 

I'm having these thoughts because I just looked at her Twitter page. Girl is on fire. And she's tired. Understandably. So I started to think about the show. Alls I know, if I experienced something as eye opening and life-changing as what she's experiencing now, it would be hard for me to go back to doing something as frivolous as the Real Housewives ever again. She's clearly moved by doing humanitarian work. But she also has a child and a business. Something's got to give. If not because it's physically difficult, but emotionally. I can't even. Also, if any of the ninety-nine percent that said no were her castmates, how does that color the way she views them? If anything, I can see her using the Real Housewives franchise as a way to get it back to highlighting the charitable works they did back in the day. That would be a good thing.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Gotta say,  I'm impressed with her work and enough so that I've decided to make a donation through her foundation.  I hope she keeps plugging away, she's doing so much good for so many people. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ryebread said:

Also, if any of the ninety-nine percent that said no were her castmates, how does that color the way she views them?

Ramona made a big point of saying on Watch What Happens that she was selling a (eta) cup coffee mug and giving half the profits to Frankel (the other half to her charity of choice, the Joyful Heart, founded by Mariska Hargitay). LuAnn is working with the Red Cross in the Florida Keys, and I'm presuming all the housewives who recently featured the B Strong page on their instagram accounts  -- Dorinda posted a link,  Carole posted a video from Frankel (with her own strong comment) and Tinsley posted a video as well -- gave money.

Edited by film noire
cups ain't mugs
  • Love 5

Depending on how and why 99% of her contacts/friends said no, will that change her feelings about those relationships?

The comment was part of something that she said to encourage people to note what organizations and people were stepping up.  To buy this or that baby wipe, consider this or that because these groups said yes when 99% said no.  So she was more about applauding than vilifying.  I bet she calls every one of that 99% 4 times more.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The comment was part of something that she said to encourage people to note what organizations and people were stepping up.  To buy this or that baby wipe, consider this or that because these groups said yes when 99% said no.  So she was more about applauding than vilifying.  I bet she calls every one of that 99% 4 times more.

I am sure many companies gave elsewhere even if they didn't donate to her and Maria was the third devastating hurricane in the span of 3-4 weeks so maybe some smaller companies just need a little time to increase their product to meet both the consumer demand and those in the affected areas. This year has been hard across the US, main land and US territories between the hurricanes, the wild fires and other natural disasters! Supplies are stretched to the limit for all the charities.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This year has been hard across the US, main land and US territories between the hurricanes, the wild fires and other natural disasters! Supplies are stretched to the limit for all the charities.

Very true, but I also think part of it might be confusion about Puerto Rico itself. A poll this week showed only fifty percent of Americans know Puerto Ricans are American citizens. I'm pretty sure if most Americans /corporate partners realized PR is part of the U.S., they'd be giving much more. (Not a criticism, btw, b/c I think giving to disasters at home first is absolutely valid -- like putting the oxygen mask on yourself first before you can help anybody else -- just noting maybe lots of people don't yet realize that Puerto Rico is also home.) 

An article in The Business Insider (from two hours ago) mentioned she's talking to WalMart -- once that happens, it should be like dominos.

And after this, she should run for Congress; everything I loathe about her converts to a positive if it can be used to defend causes, not attack individuals.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Good for Bethenny, she has found something that has given her her passion back while helping so many others! 

I have major respect for her.  She's a hero, really.

18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I have major respect for her.  She's a hero, really.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Ramona made a big point of saying on Watch What Happens that she was selling a cup and giving half the profits to Frankel (the other half to her charity of choice, the Joyful Heart, founded by Mariska Hargitay). LuAnn is working with the Red Cross in the Florida Keys, and I'm presuming all the housewives who recently featured the B Strong page on their instagram accounts  -- Dorinda posted a link,  Carole posted a video from Frankel (with her own strong comment) and Tinsley posted a video as well -- gave money.

What does "selling a cup" mean?  I'm confused!  

On the other hand - I'm extremely impressed with Bethenny - she has really shown that she deeply cares for those in need.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

What does "selling a cup" mean?  I'm confused!  

Sorry (knowing Ramona, she could be selling a diva cup ; ) She's selling a mug (reading "boss") and giving half to the Joyful Heart charity and half to Frankel -- extra confusing since Frankel has her own "boss" mug available.

Frankel on working the ropes to get aid:

"If you don't have a plane, food, or gauze, I don't care. If Osama bin Laden wants to send me four cargo planes with gauze and alcohol today, I'm taking it."

http://www.thisisinsider.com/puerto-rico-relief-real-housewives-bethenny-frankel-trump-politics-2017-10

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sorry (knowing Ramona, she could be selling a diva cup ; ) She's selling a mug (reading "boss") and giving half to the Joyful Heart charity and half to Frankel -- xtra confusing since Frankel has her own "boss" mug available.

"If you don't have a plane, food, or gauze, I don't care. If Osama bin Laden wants to send me four cargo planes with gauze and alcohol today, I'm taking it."

http://www.thisisinsider.com/puerto-rico-relief-real-housewives-bethenny-frankel-trump-politics-2017-10

Thanks for the clarification...knowing Ramona, it could also have been a "brassiere" cup....     ;-)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Thanks for the clarification...knowing Ramona, it could also have been a "brassiere" cup....     ;-)

Ha (although she looked amazing last night -- hair styled to appear shorter, and a streamlined silhouette -- no cups running over ;)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, film noire said:

Ramona made a big point of saying on Watch What Happens that she was selling a (eta) cup coffee mug and giving half the profits to Frankel (the other half to her charity of choice, the Joyful Heart, founded by Mariska Hargitay). LuAnn is working with the Red Cross in the Florida Keys, and I'm presuming all the housewives who recently featured the B Strong page on their instagram accounts  -- Dorinda posted a link,  Carole posted a video from Frankel (with her own strong comment) and Tinsley posted a video as well -- gave money.

Yeah, from the sounds of it, most of the NY cast has donated, so it doesn't seem like this will be a point of contention at all.

Bethenny publicly thanked Ramona, Tinsley, and Dorinda for their donations. Even Kelly Bensimon(!). Bethenny has also mentioned Luann (and Erika and LVP from BH) had contacted her about getting involved. And she's also thanked Lisa Rinna for her donations.

The only one I haven't heard Bethenny publicly mention is Sonja.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KFC said:

Yeah, from the sounds of it, most of the NY cast has donated, so it doesn't seem like this will be a point of contention at all.

Bethenny publicly thanked Ramona, Tinsley, and Dorinda for their donations. Even Kelly Bensimon(!). Bethenny has also mentioned Luann (and Erika and LVP from BH) had contacted her about getting involved. And she's also thanked Lisa Rinna for her donations.

This will sound crazy but knowing they've offered up assistance has brought a tear to my eye. I've invested hundreds of hours with these women, it's great to hear that they're investing in the public at large. 

Sonja doesn't have a pot to piss in and doesn't have an ounce of social awareness.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, KFC said:

What about Carole?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I believe she gave to an animal rescue group as well as Bethenny. 

Thanks WW. I was wondering why she wasn't thanked with the rest of the HWs. Maybe she asked not to be publicly acknowledged.