Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

21373263_2056752277879551_84958677687662

bethennyfrankel Special delivery in Houston! @drinkarizona started to deliver over 1000 bottles of water they donated to #BStrong for women and their families impacted by #HurricaneHarvey. #THISISACRISIS #stillworkingforyoutexas

I am sorry but 1,000 bottles of water, which cost less than 20 cents each to produce and transport isn't exactly a big deal.  This is what makes me nuts about Bethenny-it is all about her.  I sincerely hope they donated far more in the way of beverages.  BTW it doesn't bother me if Arizona Iced Tea doesn't want to take a bow -but a $200.00 in kind donation isn't really on the radar.  Of course she pimped Dennis' company as well.  

Maybe a list of those companies that truly give and not feel the need to go through Bethenny and her massive ego.  I really dislike people who are opportunistic about a disaster and Bethenny is that person. With her tag line T-Shirts.  I liked her much better when she was raising money-even better if she would have used her celebrity to encourage donations to any of the organizations that have the organization and logistics to get actual help to the victims.  Even better if she didn't go to Houston for photo ops.  Send the money, take a bow and step back.  Let the resources, shelter be used for the victims not ego bound NY based celebrities.

• Love 8

I am sorry but 1,000 bottles of water, which cost less than 20 cents each to produce and transport isn't exactly a big deal.

but a $200.00 in kind donation isn't really on the radar.  Of course she pimped Dennis' company as well.  

I'm sure the people in Dallas appreciate it. In disasters, any resources are usually welcome, and without her, that is 1,000 bottles of needed drinking water that would not have been available, and +$200,000 that might not have been available without her.

Personally, I'm glad she is using her celebrity for a good cause, and being hands on about it.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I really dislike people who are opportunistic about a disaster and Bethenny is that person. With her tag line T-Shirts.  I liked her much better when she was raising money-even better if she would have used her celebrity to encourage donations to any of the organizations that have the organization and logistics to get actual help to the victims.  

Which is exactly what she did during Sandy -- she donated a hefty check of her own (50 K) then Skinnygirl matched her personal donation + the company gave thousands of dollars in nutrition bars that went to NJ. Effective, generous and low key. 

1 hour ago, jaync said:

#browniceaintnice

LOL

#thisisabidet

• Love 2
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Which is exactly what she did during Sandy -- she donated a hefty check of her own (50 K) then Skinnygirl matched her personal donation + the company gave thousands of dollars in nutrition bars that went to NJ. Effective, generous and low key. 

No she took a bow-if you have that information.  I can't argue with someone donating but this branding and tweeting thanks for a $200 (actual coast)donation from a major beverage company (who she partners with) takes it too far.  I think it is wonderful if she wants people to donate to the disaster relief-just not going through her-or selling T-Shirts with a tag line.  These are real people with real problems.  There is a part of me that believes she wants to be part of the solution but I just can;t with her massive ego.  

BTW-Energy bars are a great donation as they don't need refrigeration, cooking or reheating.  I am not saying Bethenny is not generous I just question why she needs to make it all about her.

11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'm sure the people in Dallas appreciate it. In disasters, any resources are usually welcome, and without her, that is 1,000 bottles of needed drinking water that would not have been available, and +$200,000 that might not have been available without her.

Personally, I'm glad she is using her celebrity for a good cause, and being hands on about it.

First off-the disaster is in Houston-not Dallas-so I don't what the people of Dallas have to do with it.  It is a teeny tiny donate.  Every major beverage company has donated literally truckloads of drinking water-which means they have to truck it in and pay for the transportation.  Wal-Mart alone had 96 truck loads of bottled water (thousand of CASES-not bottles on each truck)they donated and transported and distributed.  Bethenny's partner had a mini van full and she is the one that brought my attention to it.  It makes her partner look bad-I am quite certain they have donated more and had the good sense not to go through Bethenny.  

I am all about the Benjamins and that is what every responsible news organization is saying-donate dollars unless your company has a certain expertise that would benefit from a donation.  i.e. Verizon gave $10 million and are all over it with mobile towers, mobile phones, lap tops so people can stay connected. P&G has their Tide laundry stations and a handsome dollar donation.  There is just nothing Bethenny Frankel adds to the equation in the area of expertise.   

Maybe Bethenny will learn compassion but my guess is she will come away claiming to be an expert and having a better way to do it and have scathing comments.  Every news channel and the internet has 24/7 stories about the victims they don't need her to live it and report.  Her sub charity supports a cause that is considered secondary support.  First they need shelter, medical attention, communication and food.  Down the line they need clothes and skills to apply for a job which is the primary  service Dress for Success provides.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

No she took a bow-if you have that information.  

I don't have a problem with a celeb saying "I gave 50K to this big relief org" because (even if they take a bow) the donation still highlights the disaster agency on the front lines-- that said, overall, I hear you. My line gets drawn at a slightly different place, but I think we're using roughly the same pen to draw it :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

Oy.  I haven't seen this much polarization of opinions since the Jon and Kate divorce.  Exhausting!  Although I now know how to use the Ignore User feature on this site.  Helps with anxiety when I pop in to this thread. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Well apparently I am days and days late to #thisisacrisis talk, and the reason I am days late is because I saw the t shirt photo of her whilst fast thumb scrolling over my busy Labor Day weekend and I was disgusted at her optics, I moved on with an eye roll.  There she is wearing the black #thisisacrisis tee, I didn't at first get any connection to Harvey and B Strong, just the visual.  I'm all "what is her friggin crisis now are the Hamptons out of limes?" Harvey IS a crisis, but the message of Bethenny posed (this was not a selfie) in front of her $200,000 swimming pool, custom lawn furniture, expensive watch, designer sunnies and multi million dollar home behind her make a mockery of people who have lost EVERYTHING while she poses in a Vogue shoot in the Hamptons does not exactly scream concern. It is ALWAYS about her. In front of a POOL? WATER? In front of your 2ND home? When people have nowhere to go. Really??????? 

Maybe a photo of the "this" that is a crisis would have been better optics. Other people. In crisis. Optics of the damage? Optics of the resilient brave faces you wish to help via the fundraising? Yes!  Oh that's right, it's about her and her brand at the end of the day. It always is. When Bethenny isn't the center then THIS is the crisis. 

Fundraising, all good on her. It is a crisis. Bethenny centric, let them eat cake? Vulgar. 

Every line of this post is pure gold. I have been waiting for someone to point out the awful discrepancy between the message and the background pic.  

Thank you for bringing this forward.  Notice she has now changed her background photo. LOL. Funny how that happened.

• Love 10
On 9/7/2017 at 11:56 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think it would be very irresponsible of Bethenny to mail a large amount of gift cards.  This is other people's money and I think it is wise of her to deliver them personally to ensure they arrive where they are meant to arrive.  I suppose being criticized for making herself the center of attention is to be expected, but it is a necessary tradeoff for making sure those gift cards end up in the right hands. 

You have to be crazy to send cash through the mail, for obvious reasons. Okay, maybe not a few bucks from Nana, but anything more than a token amount of cash is just careless. 

Grandma sends me 3 or 4 hundred dollar bills in a card and I always get them!  But big money like this needs to be hand delivered.  Gift cards are so easy to steal and anyone can use them. It's not exactly a glamorous job but good for anyone who is willing to deliver anything to this storm area.  Gift cards are especially useful at a time when all of your personal items have been destroyed 

• Love 4

If she mailed them, I sincerely think that some would complain about her wasting money on postage. And why couldn't she get her Skinny ass on a plane and go deliver them herself instead of spending money that people donated to survivors on postage.  

I hope she doesn't read the complaints about her efforts and get demoralized and then give up.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Lemons said:

Grandma sends me 3 or 4 hundred dollar bills in a card and I always get them!  But big money like this needs to be hand delivered.  Gift cards are so easy to steal and anyone can use them. It's not exactly a glamorous job but good for anyone who is willing to deliver anything to this storm area.  Gift cards are especially useful at a time when all of your personal items have been destroyed 

The gift cards can be electronically transferred. I don't know what percentage of the $300,000.00 is in gift cards.  I was under the impression the $300,000.00 was going to be used to buy gift cards.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The gift cards can be electronically transferred. I don't know what percentage of the $300,000.00 is in gift cards.  I was under the impression the $300,000.00 was going to be used to buy gift cards.

From what I gathered from her FB Q/A session/chat, many people sent her gift cards to help purchase needed items (like diapers, feminine products, baby formula, ect.) instead of donating cash to her B Strong charity and the 300K was to be used to rebuild/restock the CC/Huston DFS offices. 

• Love 1

If she mailed them, I sincerely think that some would complain about her wasting money on postage. And why couldn't she get her Skinny ass on a plane and go deliver them herself instead of spending money that people donated to survivors on postage.  

Plus, what a bitch for breaking her promise to visit Houston...

• Love 7

Why hasn't Bethenny's mother called up Radar Online or some such outfit and attacked her daughter for being a limelight hungry little bitch who is just inserting herself into a disaster to get attention? You know, like she usually does any time Beth is in the news. 

Or do they not take her calls anymore because she has become too pathetic and unhinged for even filthy rag tabloids to bother with any more? 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Dirty Mary said:

Why hasn't Bethenny's mother called up Radar Online or some such outfit and attacked her daughter for being a limelight hungry little bitch who is just inserting herself into a disaster to get attention? You know, like she usually does any time Beth is in the news. 

Or do they not take her calls anymore because she has become too pathetic and unhinged for even filthy rag tabloids to bother with any more? 

I hadn't thought about that. Maybe even her mom cannot find reason to complain. Or doesn't want to highlight Bethenny doing some good in the world. But I doubt it. She will probably turn up someplace. 

• Love 8

Anyone know what Andy's relationship with the wives is these daya?   Early on, when the franchise hit the scene and took off, he seemed like he was fairly chummy with many but that seems to have dissipated.  It seems like all the wives, including the ones he was closest too, e.g. Lisa V, Carole R, and Bethenny F, seem to have a distrance that wasn't there in the past.

I'm sure he doesn't have the time or desire to befriend all of them, but I wonder if he or Bravo had to draw some sort of a line such that he no longer hangs out with some of them.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dirty Mary said:

I believe the only thing she is in the news about is her skin cancer.  As to her disaster relief efforts, I think I have figured it out.  Bethenny is going to Houston to experience the situation first hand. After she finished with Houston she is on to Florida.  I wonder if she will check in with her mom or step-dad to see if they are okay?  

Last article I read she was fighting with her former step father and told him to buzz off after he asked if she wanted to go to his daughter's wedding.  Bethenny used his treatment of her mother as an example of why she did not want him to contact her ever again.  Sounds like she is done with the former step dad.

Short of Bernadette being stuck on a roof and waiting to be rescued because she thought Bethenny would call and offer her refuge I don't really see a story.  This series of hurricanes is bigger than Bravo and its RHs.

• Love 5

I hadn't thought about that. Maybe even her mom cannot find reason to complain. Or doesn't want to highlight Bethenny doing some good in the world. But I doubt it. She will probably turn up someplace. 

Probably.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2017 at 11:55 AM, QuinnM said:

I think that was someone here on a thread saying that she was going to Texas.  I've not seen her post that on social media.  On social media she said that at some point she would be in Texas.  She's doing a show in Montreal today.  So it's not today.

She's in Texas

Edited by bagger
Oops
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Dang, first Tamra and now Bethenny. Fuck cancer. 

Tamra has Melanoma cancer (one of the most aggressive skin cancers) and Bethenny has Basal, one of, if not, the least aggressive forms of skin cancer. Yes, cancer sucks.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Dang, first Tamra and now Bethenny. Fuck cancer. 

Nobody should have to hear that word -- good on her (and Tamra) for recognizing there was a problem and dealing with it right away.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

No good deed goes unpublished. My gran used to say the best good deeds are done anonymously. 

It always surprises me how unconcerned many of the HW's are about sun damage and skin cancer. When my hubby was 30 he was diagnosed with melanoma and it scared the crap out of us. My step Dad just had two lobes of his lung removed for metastatic melanoma. Scary stuff. 

• Love 4
On 9/15/2017 at 0:00 PM, jaync said:

LOL

300?cb=20140505024906

I was surprised Andy would show such an unflattering clip of his pet.

I was thinking the same thing!  Talk used to be he was close with Carol, Bethany, and Lisa V from BH but he seems to have distanced himself from all the wives.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Juliegirlj said:

It always surprises me how unconcerned many of the HW's are about sun damage and skin cancer.

Not just HWs.  It's an unseasonably warm and sunny 85 degrees here in Michigan.  This week, one of my FB friends put up a selfie with the caption, "Look!  Sunburn in late September!" with smiley faces and thumbs up emoticons.  And she's deeply burned in the face and chest.  I care about this woman so it pains me that she's so unaware.  She's not stupid.  But apparently just slower to catching on to what most women our age already know.

Topic...If Andy has distanced himself from these women, imo, it's because he's spent time with them and knows them now.  He's fully aware of the gossip and backstabbing that goes on because he's been smack dab in the middle of it and enjoyed every second.  He's probably realized it's better to keep the work friends as work friends and not let them any further into his personal life. 

Or maybe Beth has already taken a jab and Andy is backing away while thrusting a few jabs himself.

• Love 1

I like that she is not playing the coy game with a possible return this season. Acting like she doesn't like it or it is all so hard. Just saying she appreciates the opportunity and realizes she is lucky to have it. I wonder if her crazy mom will weigh in on her skin cancer issue. 

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/exclusive-bethenny-frankel-on-skin-cancer-scare-and-returning-to-rhony-i-will-probably-be-back/477646639

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

I like that she is not playing the coy game with a possible return this season. Acting like she doesn't like it or it is all so hard. Just saying she appreciates the opportunity and realizes she is lucky to have it. I wonder if her crazy mom will weigh in on her skin cancer issue. 

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/exclusive-bethenny-frankel-on-skin-cancer-scare-and-returning-to-rhony-i-will-probably-be-back/477646639

I am surprised that she says, "I was right" about Lu and Tom. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm not.  I'm surprised it took her so long.

I guess I gave her more credit than that. It is such an obvious and predictable thing to say. I believe that most people knew that Beth, Ramona and Sonja were most likely THINKING, "I was right, we were right" or "I told you so, we told you so." So for her to actually say it in an interview is disappointing for me, because, in my opinion, Beth would have mocked someone else for stating the obvious.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ryebread said:

And it's so Ramona-ly said: "I'm sorry I was right". (Yeah, sure you are, Franklestein. The minute that news hit the net,  you danced naked through your apartment, your "tits flying"  -- to use your oh-so eloquent expression -- then dry humped yourself in the mirror: "Who's the rightest of them all? Me! Me! OHH ME!")

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

Hell, she, Barbara, and Isaac Mizrahi should all put that on t-shirts and sell it.

Good that she is coming back, I hope all the ladies do, this group had a good, watchable dynamic and as a group had great chemistry with each other. Why mess with a good formula.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, BBHN said:

Hell, she, Barbara, and Isaac Mizrahi should all put that on t-shirts and sell it.

Good that she is coming back, I hope all the ladies do, this group had a good, watchable dynamic and as a group had great chemistry with each other. Why mess with a good formula.

I agree. This has been my favorite season in a LONG time. I hope they all stay put, even that awful Ramona. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

21820482_344584912660573_696834939137975

I love the color of her lipstick! So pretty. 

In the early seasons, I got this sense that when she talked about Kelly or Lu doing some modeling back in the day, she seemed a little down on herself, because she had not worked as a model. I hope she doesn't feel that way anymore (if she ever did). She looks lovely in this photo.

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 8:46 AM, gundysgirl said:

On 9/22/2017 at 1:41 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

On 9/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, ryebread said:

What a dumb thing to say, and it just confirms for me how insecure she is.  She coulda taken the high road quite easily.  We all saw her warn Lu time and time again.  She didn't need to say a word and she could still feel comfortable that the viewing public took notice of her warnings.   But no. She had to go there.

Bethany's need for affirmation from the viewing public speaks volumes.  Said it before, I'll say it again.  Bethenny looks for love in all the wrong places. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10