Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I saw Skinny Girl salad dressing in Walmart today. It's sugar-free, fat-free, and presumably taste-free. Anyone wanna take one for the team and try it?

I'd rather have one tablespoon of good regular dressing than a bucket full of that crap. 

• Love 7

WAIT!  wait wait wait ... 

Ok, I am not going to even get into Bethenny paying for everything at this point ... their divorce is still being hashed out. But damned if I think she should be paying for someone to clean up after Jason !!!!!!!  He can clean his own damn house, for crying out loud!  Does he even have a job?  Oh, that just gripes me.

Ugh I realize that (even just temporary) support is supposed to cover all expenses which were typically incurred by either/both parties prior to the divorce action.  And maybe they had a maid coming in before they split up. And technically I guess that maid service should continue.  But damn. There is just something so offensive about her having to pay for a maid for that guy.  

Even though I realize it is legally appropriate, it still just really bugs me.

IMO Jason is a chronically frat boy stuck who is also as slob.

During season 3 RHNY when Bethenny and Jason were recounting the story of her romance I do remember one of their conversations where Bethenny was talking to Jason and they were explaining that Jason moved in into Bethennys apartment because Bethenny went to visit Jason to his apartment once and it was such a mess that she refused to go back there, of course Jason just laughed because he thought it was the cutest thing.

During the custody depositions it also came up that Jason would purposedly not flush the toilets to drive Bethenny crazy. I am not OCD and annal about cleaning and organization like Bethenny is but if there is something that would drive me nuts is the smell of crap or poo being left there for hours.

IMO despite of being petty of Jason to request house keeping money when he is more than capable of cleaning the apartment , Bethenny probably would be happy to pay that fee just to be sure that her daughter is not walking around a messy and filthy house.

Could housekeeping expenses mean stuff like trash pickup, etc also?

I don't think so, trash pick up is probably among the house bills that she also has to pay. Right along with electricity, cable, Internet, taxes, house insurance and what not.

Housekeeping fees is pretty obvious IMO

• Love 2

Bethenny probably would be happy to pay that fee just to be sure that her daughter is not walking around a messy and filthy house.

That's a good point.  Sounds like the kid might come down with typhoid or cholera what with Jason refusing to flush the toilet and all.  I seriously doubt the douchebag cleans it. 

I don't think so, trash pick up is probably among the house bills that she also has to pay. Right along with electricity, cable, Internet, taxes, house insurance and what not.

Yeah, I think you are right.  Trash collection is usually a city/utility bill kind of thing. This housekeeping is a maid, I think.  Bethenny mentioned having a maid come in as far back as her single girl days when she was friends with Jill.  I remember them talking about it once when Jill's maid quit on her.  Bethenny was saying she felt guilty she didn't really have that much work for her maid and Jill should hire her.  

Hmph, I bet Jason is keeping her plenty busy cleaning up after him, though.  Maxes out that $500 every month, no doubt. 

• Love 2

IMO Jason is a chronically frat boy stuck who is also as slob.

During season 3 RHNY when Bethenny and Jason were recounting the story of her romance I do remember one of their conversations where Bethenny was talking to Jason and they were explaining that Jason moved in into Bethennys apartment because Bethenny went to visit Jason to his apartment once and it was such a mess that she refused to go back there, of course Jason just laughed because he thought it was the cutest thing.

During the custody depositions it also came up that Jason would purposedly not flush the toilets to drive Bethenny crazy. I am not OCD and annal about cleaning and organization like Bethenny is but if there is something that would drive me nuts is the smell of crap or poo being left there for hours.

IMO despite of being petty of Jason to request house keeping money when he is more than capable of cleaning the apartment , Bethenny probably would be happy to pay that fee just to be sure that her daughter is not walking around a messy and filthy house.

Housekeeping fees is pretty obvious IMO

Bethenny made those claims about Jason and his father during the nasty custody hearing. She testified then immediately settled and Jason never had the chance to defend himself or his father on the stand. IMO, she lied or greatly exaggerated their behavior to hurt him in the public eye. There is no way in hell that I believe that Jason, his father or mother would ever do anything that could or would put Bryn in harms way, ever. Bethenny is a win at all cost person, winning is everything to her and she could care less who she hurts in the process, including Bryn. Bethenny doesn't just want to divorce Jason, she need to destroy him in the public eye. JMO

• Love 5

Bethenny doesn't just want to divorce Jason, she need to destroy him in the public eye. JMO

Maybe.  But she could have saved herself the trouble as far as I personally am concerned.  I always thought Jason was a complete dick noodle. 

That guy is phony as hell.  Selfish, arrogant, snide and a judgmental assy little prick to Bethenny.  Telling her she is not "normal" because she was different from him.  Who denigrates someone they love that way?  It was a total mind fuck in my opinion.  The only option left for you when someone tells you that about yourself is to do things their way.  Because your way is diseased. That's not too manipulative or anything.  Ugh.

Did I mention that he is a scheming fame whore, too? I don't think he would have stuck it out with Bethenny had she not had cameras following her around and offered the potential for a big payoff down the road.  He didn't seem to even like her.  If he just wanted sex with her, he could have done that for a while and then took off.  But he stayed.  Voluntarily got her pregnant.  When he obviously found her frustrating and draining.  Why? I think he was just into the attention he was getting by being with her. I will say it again - he didn't seem to even like her.

Asshole.

And I think his parents were clingy, needy, selfish people, too. I am sorry their son died but it's not Bethenny's job to fill that void.  Most people don't want to see their own damn parents every weekend, much less make a long drive out to bumfuck to sit around their in-law's house all weekend while their husband hangs out with his buddies.  Jason should have known that was never going to fly. If that was what he needed, he should have found someone who could deliver it.  Bethenny obviously was never going to.  So his "solution" is he will take Bryn and go out there to babysit his parents by himself and leave Bethenny home.  Oh, that was a sincere offer of a solution. She can either cave in and go with him or sit at home alone and be punished.  That's so manipulative. 

This stuff Bethenny has accused Jason of since they split pales in comparison to the stuff I saw him doing when they were together.  Not flushing the toilet, watching TV in his underwear with his dad, and being a messy bachelor means nothing to me. Not when I saw him be a conniving, petty, snide little bitch to her with my own eyes. 

• Love 13

Maybe.  But she could have saved herself the trouble as far as I personally am concerned.  I always thought Jason was a complete dick noodle. 

That guy is phony as hell.  Selfish, arrogant, snide and a judgmental assy little prick to Bethenny.  Telling her she is not "normal" because she was different from him.  Who denigrates someone they love that way?  It was a total mind fuck in my opinion.  The only option left for you when someone tells you that about yourself is to do things their way.  Because your way is diseased. That's not too manipulative or anything.  Ugh.

Did I mention that he is a scheming fame whore, too? I don't think he would have stuck it out with Bethenny had she not had cameras following her around and offered the potential for a big payoff down the road.  He didn't seem to even like her.  If he just wanted sex with her, he could have done that for a while and then took off.  But he stayed.  Voluntarily got her pregnant.  When he obviously found her frustrating and draining.  Why? I think he was just into the attention he was getting by being with her. I will say it again - he didn't seem to even like her.

Asshole.

And I think his parents were clingy, needy, selfish people, too. I am sorry their son died but it's not Bethenny's job to fill that void.  Most people don't want to see their own damn parents every weekend, much less make a long drive out to bumfuck to sit around their in-law's house all weekend while their husband hangs out with his buddies.  Jason should have known that was never going to fly. If that was what he needed, he should have found someone who could deliver it.  Bethenny obviously was never going to.  So his "solution" is he will take Bryn and go out there to babysit his parents by himself and leave Bethenny home.  Oh, that was a sincere offer of a solution. She can either cave in and go with him or sit at home alone and be punished.  That's so manipulative. 

This stuff Bethenny has accused Jason of since they split pales in comparison to the stuff I saw him doing when they were together.  Not flushing the toilet, watching TV in his underwear with his dad, and being a messy bachelor means nothing to me. Not when I saw him be a conniving, petty, snide little bitch to her with my own eyes. 

Funny, I saw Bethenny using Jason as a means to an end, she wanted marriage and a baby, hell, she was saying that for years before Jason even came along. What she really wanted was a sperm donor, not a husband, not a family and most defiantly not in-laws. IMO, Bethenny used Jason because she was too afraid to go it alone after she got pregnant and she was never, ever in love with him. Other than Bryn, I don't think she has ever loved anyone.

She IS damaged, according to her own words, she was saying that even before she ever met Jason and that was her excuse to him and everyone else as to why she refused to work at their marriage/relationship.

As for his parents, I am a grandparent and want to see my grand-daughter on a regular basis, most grandparents do. Every weekend would be nice though unrealistic but there is nothing wrong with every other or at least once a month since they were not living that far apart. And I never saw the Hoppys say/do anything unkind to Bethenny, not once. If Bethenny did not want to go, so be it, she does not have to and it was not about her needs, it was about Bryn's needs. Something Bethenny does not think about, her daughters emotional needs, her father in her life as much as possible and grand parents as well. Does Bethenny really want the same life for Bryn that she had, the childhood where she claims she was raised by wolves, the childhood she claims messed her up for life? I guess she is just that selfish to wish that upon her own daughter.

Oh, and I saw just as mean behavior from Bethenny towards Jason. IMO, Jason loved Bethenny and she destroyed that love because she does not believe she deserves to be loved so she pushes away anyone that dares to love her.

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm not sure why you are quoting my post about Jason in whole as a preface to your post about Bethenny's flaws and misdeeds. Are you suggesting one person's wrongdoing offsets the other's?

I can't say I agree with that. I don't approach things that way. I see them as separate people, each responsible for their own behavior. Just because I list at length what I see as being Jason's flaws does not mean I think Bethenny is perfect. It just means I don't like Jason, lol!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

Asshole.

I wish I could give you 100 likes.

That is exactly the way I see Jason, he is a conniving snake who played up for the cameras but sometimes he couldn't help himself and would tell her things that I wouldn't tell to my worst enemy. He was smart though, he did in such a passive aggresive way that Bethenny reacted strongly and then everybody thought, "oh, poor Jason" , he knew what he was doing the whole time. It doesn't matter how much money it costs her, she made the right decision to divorce him.

I still remember that scene at the roof top of that hotel when Bethenny was calmly explaining to him that it was unreasonable to travel twice a month to his home town considering that his parents were already coming to NYC every other week, that mean every single weekend dedicated to the Hoppys, who does that? which recently married couple spends every weekend with his parents no matter how lovely they pretended to be? I know I don't.

I adore my parents but they live in another state 4-5 hours away from me and I come down to visit them twice a year and they come to visit me probably 3-4 times a year, which means that we basically see each other every other month, every weekend? that was crazy. Bethenny was telling Jason that she wanted time for just the three of them, she tried to explain him that if she had any kind of family then that family would also would like visits and he couldn't visit his parents or see them every weekend anyway, instead of listening and acknowledging that she had valid points and concerns , what did the douche say?

He told her that she didn't grow up in a normal family and that she wasn't normal and that is why she couldn't understand why he needed to see his parents so often. Talk about a punch in the guts, not only did he call her not normal, he used her awful childhood to slam her and tried to belittle her by pointing out that she will never know what a normal family is because she never had one.  I knew he was an asshole back then. Something that came directly from his own mouth.

Jason learned quickly how to play the game, I have to give him that. He will tell her horrible things behind cameras and get her going so she was always on pins and needles and he acted like the perfect guy, a lot of viewers fell for his act. There were snippets of things he said to her that were so awful that I knew their relationship was never going to work. He knew how terrible Bethenny's relationship was with her mother and he told her that Bryn will grow up to hate her and Bethenny will be just like her mother? who says that? a person who loves you? certainly not.

Bethenny did say that she was damaged, she never lied about that, the fact that Jason used that line to call her damaged several times speaks volumes about him. He knew she was damaged but he pursued her anyway, then when they married he used that against her. It would be like me telling my husband that I feel fat and then he using that to call me a whale and then saying , "well you told me you feel fat so why are you offended?" BS

It must hurt Bethenny terribly to finally come to terms with the fact that Jason had a plan all along, he won her over with his good boy act, he made her believe that life would be great and as soon as she close the Beam deal, he executed the second plan of his plan, IMO that plan was to drive her crazy and belittle her until the point were she had to ask for divorce, then take her to the cleaners with the excuse that he was the angel and she was the evil witch, get as much money as he could and get on moving. As you said Bethenny is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I do believe she was honest and she was who she was in this relationship while Jason played it up during the first stage of the courtship and marriage and then turn into Mr. Hyde.  

• Love 11

Perhaps the reason Bethenny or more likely Bethenny corporation is required to maintain the apartment is because that it is by default Bryn's primary home. It seems like a pricey place to live and now that Bethenny has a new place with plans to buy the place next door perhaps when the dust settles the Skinny Girl apartment will be sold.  If Jason can't afford the apartment on his own without Bethenny footing the entire bill perhaps he needs to find a more modest abode. 

To me, the first several hundred thousand of attorneys' fees of Jason had more to do with a custody battle that never needed to be.  Interesting that in New York there are interim payments made to less wealthy party for attorneys' fees.

I have always thought Jason contributed to the fairy tale lifestyle Bethenny was putting out there prior to the sale of Skinny Girl Margarita to Jim Beam brands.  I distinctly remember Bethenny saying "our money" when it came to the sale.  Oops!!  It probably would have been cheaper for Bethenny to have just paid Jason for his role on "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Bethenny Ever After".  This whole situation seems to be taking a toll on Bethenny.  I hope for the child's sake the parents can move past this silliness. 

I am not certain why Bethenny has such disdain for Carole and Bob other than perhaps they came off too likeable.  I did think it was odd Bethenny wanted to start new traditions with the family and do things like have Christmas in St. Barths.  Surely there is some in between taking the only grandchild out of the country for the holidays and spending weekends in PA.  There may come a time when Bethenny values the elder Hoppys' input and love into their granddaughter's life.  Until then it just sounds like a very expensive undertaking.

This story claims Jason is getting alimony????????  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/05/11/bethenny-frankel-give-jason-hoppy-much-money/  I wish these sites would just post the court documents.

• Love 2

Perhaps the reason Bethenny or more likely Bethenny corporation is required to maintain the apartment is because that it is by default Bryn's primary home. It seems like a pricey place to live and now that Bethenny has a new place with plans to buy the place next door perhaps when the dust settles the Skinny Girl apartment will be sold.  If Jason can't afford the apartment on his own without Bethenny footing the entire bill perhaps he needs to find a more modest abode. 

Jason will never be able to afford that apartment on his own, that is why IMo he fought tooth and nails to get split custody, with him being the lowest earner, it doesn't matter if they split Bryn's time 50%-50%, he will receive child support and he was banking on that to maintain the life style he had become accostumed to.

To me, the first several hundred thousand of attorneys' fees of Jason had more to do with a custody battle that never needed to be.  Interesting that in New York there are interim payments made to less wealthy party for attorneys' fees.

The custody battle has been over for more than a year now, in reality Bethenny has to pay for his attorney fees not because the judge is siding with him but because she has more money and the judge wants to be sure that he was proper legal representation, probably at the end when the assets are divided the money she is paying for lawyer fees will be susbtracted from the total amount.

I have always thought Jason contributed to the fairy tale lifestyle Bethenny was putting out there prior to the sale of Skinny Girl Margarita to Jim Beam brands.  I distinctly remember Bethenny saying "our money" when it came to the sale.  Oops!!  It probably would have been cheaper for Bethenny to have just paid Jason for his role on "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Bethenny Ever After"

The key to Bethenny selling her cocktail line to Beam had not much to do with the show except maybe for the exposure , which is something that Bethenny was doing before she even met Jason. The key to this sale is in the hand of David Kanbar, a very well known and reputable figure in the spirit industry, without him Bethenny's cocktail would have been just like any other of the wines ventures of any other Bravo HW. David Kanbar was the guy who took her cocktails to the next level. Bethenny stroke a partnership with him in Novemeber of 2008, she never even met Jason until the beginning of 2009. By the time that Jason and Bethenny got married in 2010, Kanbar was already working on the distribution and growing of the brand, just enough to sell it to the best bidder. If Jason provided certain image to Bethenny that has no bearing on the fact that the cocktail line was going to be huge with or without Jason as Bethenny had been offered an spin off show before anybody let alone Bravo knew that Jason and Bethenny were an item.

Of course Bethenny is going to say our money, our success, our, our , our. If she dared to say "my" or "mine" it would look like she was belittling him, but the reality is that Jason had nothing to do with the transaction that ended up in the famous sale. Jason knonws this and that is why he signed the prenup that protected all past, present and future earnings coming from the sale, of course he know hired a financial forensic auditor because he would love for  Bethenny to settle , she has offered him at least 7M and he hadn't accepted so he is fighting for more than that. The forensic auditor is tracing all the money she made during their 2 years marriage so they can split that in half. Jason figures that 10M would be his number but if it is true that Bethenny's network is 25M that is almost half, he is out of his mind.  

I am not certain why Bethenny has such disdain for Carole and Bob other than perhaps they came off too likeable. I did think it was odd Bethenny wanted to start new traditions with the family and do things like have Christmas in St. Barths. Surely there is some in between taking the only grandchild out of the country for the holidays and spending weekends in PA

I wonder how Carole and Bob did when they just got married and had their first child? Where did they spent Christmas? With Carole's family or with Bob's family? where did they spend their weekends?  I love my inlaws but since I got married we have spend Christmas with our own family and then do visits on that weekend to their home, same with my parents. I don't think is unreasonable to create your own family traditions, isn't that what every newly married couple does no matter how nice their inlaws are?  

• Love 7
(edited)

I think many times Bethanny has said she didn't have a normal family so someone quoting her own words back to her isn't insulting. I actually think a family with an infant seeing the grandparents once a week is not excessive at all. I was brought up in that environment with my grandparents on each side and aunts and uncles visiting weekly or twice weekly and me visiting with them that often. I still see my parents 5-6 x a week and when I was in college in another area from my home town saw my aunts as much as 20 visits a year and mother almost weekly.

tl:dr

Many people live like Jason and his parents.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

I think I'd drown in all that relativity!  But then when I had a young child, my mother had already died and my husband's mother worked.  So we did see her at least every week or so.  But not every week.  

As for Bethenny and her problems, I'm prepared to believe she is a complete bitch and hard to be married to.  But then so am I, and my husband has managed to stick it out for the past 40+ years.  I'm not giving Jason a free pass.  He strikes me as being difficult and probably just as manipulative as she is.  And Bethenny for all her smart mouth and bitchy ways does not seem to me to be secure about her dealings with what she probably sees as a 'normal' family.  (Note to B:  no family is that goddamn' normal!).  I suspect Jason managed to catch her on the quick with a whole bunch of 'what real people do that you know nothing about' comments that didn't help her self-confidence any.

• Love 3
(edited)

Here is my thing about Bethenny and Jason. When they first got together during Real Housewives, I never doubted that they were an actual couple who truly liked each other. Bethenny actually looked smitten in all of those pre-pregnancy scenes she had with him. And she looked downright giddy when he said that he wanted some sort of commitment before they officially moved in together. So, I don't think she was simply using him as a sperm bank, because I saw no evidence of that.

I think the first real red flag for me about their relationship was how anxious Jason was to get married. I think Bethenny would have been just as content to have the baby and get married later, but Jason really didn't want that. And when Bethenny wanted to elope or do something really simple, Jason pushed the formal wedding. Which would not have been such a big deal to me if he had taken the time to involve himself in the actual planning. I think that was when I realized that Jason was not the nice guy that he seemed. He put all of that pressure on her to have a wedding that he wanted but did nothing to help her plan it. It's why Bethenny Getting Married? was the only spin off of hers that I watched. I just couldn't stand Jason after that and absolutely refused to believe that he cared about her as anything other than a meal ticket. And knowing how stubborn Bethenny was, she would refuse to see that she had made a huge mistake with him and that just didn't sound like an entertaining prospective show for me. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 9

She needs to fire her attorney and hire a new one if the latest divorce update is really true.

I don't care how much of a bitch she is, she is being ripped off. 

I have little knowledge of who these people are, I didn't follow her to her show nor pay that much attention when they were on RHONYC, but this battle makes me think of Jason as a greedy little toad.

It might or might not be karma for Bethenny  bye the toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass and pay someone to flush his shit down the toilet but it doesn't mean Jason himself is not akin to thing object in the toilet bowl. 

• Love 1

I actually think a family with an infant seeing the grandparents once a week is not excessive at all.

And if the Hoppys lived down the street, I'd agree. But it was a few hours drive, and that does start to edge into excessive, that every weekend, the child has to be driven three hours for grand parent time.

Many people live like Jason and his parents.

And many people don't. I saw my grandparents on holidays because my parents didn't have the time or money to put me in the car for a four drive to the grandparents every weekend.

I've genuinely wondered, since this was apparently such an issue, if Jason uses his time for visitation strictly to take Brynn to be with him and his parents, or if now that Bethenny isn't an issue, if Jason would rather not get himself and his daughter into his car and shlep every other weekend to Mommy and Daddy Hoppy's place, or if that familal bonding isn't his hot issue anymore 

• Love 5

I don't think is unreasonable to create your own family traditions, isn't that what every newly married couple does no matter how nice their inlaws are?  

Yes.  But in my experience, that first grandbaby is such a special little snowflake that everybody wants to be around it all the time..  Bethenny started kicking and screaming against the Hoppys' involvement from the git. 

Who knows.  Maybe they were so overbearing even before the wedding that Beth decided she was going to lay down the law before things got further out of hand. But the Hoppys didn't strike me as those in-laws.  That whole family never even got a chance to try to work out an amicable arrangement before the divorce papers got served.

• Love 7
(edited)

As Bethenny said, "Mo money, mo problems..."

I distinctly remember an interview of Bethenny after she sold the cocktail line, the question was about if money has changed her and she said it hasn't but she was really surprised as to how the people around her had changed and their attitude towards her had changed as well and they acted as if they were entitled to part of that money and would charge her much more than when she was broke for the same. Back then I thought she meant her vendors.

I now wonder if she also meant how much Jason changed after she made that deal with Beam. There is no doubt that Jason played a very good game and as Bethenny as said before she had her doubts since the get go, she didn't want to marry just live together but he pushed for the marriage, she has sais many, many times that she should have followed her gut and I believe that she if she would had followed her first insticts about Hoppy she wouldn't be losing all of her fortune in the POS.

Edited by Leroux
  • Love 9

Jason will never be able to afford that apartment on his own, that is why IMo he fought tooth and nails to get split custody, with him being the lowest earner, it doesn't matter if they split Bryn's time 50%-50%, he will receive child support and he was banking on that to maintain the life style he had become accostumed to.

The custody battle has been over for more than a year now, in reality Bethenny has to pay for his attorney fees not because the judge is siding with him but because she has more money and the judge wants to be sure that he was proper legal representation, probably at the end when the assets are divided the money she is paying for lawyer fees will be susbtracted from the total amount.

The key to Bethenny selling her cocktail line to Beam had not much to do with the show except maybe for the exposure , which is something that Bethenny was doing before she even met Jason. The key to this sale is in the hand of David Kanbar, a very well known and reputable figure in the spirit industry, without him Bethenny's cocktail would have been just like any other of the wines ventures of any other Bravo HW. David Kanbar was the guy who took her cocktails to the next level. Bethenny stroke a partnership with him in Novemeber of 2008, she never even met Jason until the beginning of 2009. By the time that Jason and Bethenny got married in 2010, Kanbar was already working on the distribution and growing of the brand, just enough to sell it to the best bidder. If Jason provided certain image to Bethenny that has no bearing on the fact that the cocktail line was going to be huge with or without Jason as Bethenny had been offered an spin off show before anybody let alone Bravo knew that Jason and Bethenny were an item.

Of course Bethenny is going to say our money, our success, our, our , our. If she dared to say "my" or "mine" it would look like she was belittling him, but the reality is that Jason had nothing to do with the transaction that ended up in the famous sale. Jason knonws this and that is why he signed the prenup that protected all past, present and future earnings coming from the sale, of course he know hired a financial forensic auditor because he would love for  Bethenny to settle , she has offered him at least 7M and he hadn't accepted so he is fighting for more than that. The forensic auditor is tracing all the money she made during their 2 years marriage so they can split that in half. Jason figures that 10M would be his number but if it is true that Bethenny's network is 25M that is almost half, he is out of his mind.  

I wonder how Carole and Bob did when they just got married and had their first child? Where did they spent Christmas? With Carole's family or with Bob's family? where did they spend their weekends?  I love my inlaws but since I got married we have spend Christmas with our own family and then do visits on that weekend to their home, same with my parents. I don't think is unreasonable to create your own family traditions, isn't that what every newly married couple does no matter how nice their inlaws are?  

Maybe Jason wanted split custody because he wanted to ensure Bethenny didn't move to California or maybe, just maybe it is what he is entitled to by law. During the show and the zillion photo ops during the marriage and after the break up it seemed like he was an attentive father.  So because he makes less money he should not see his child as often?  And by trying to have equal time with his child he is just doing it for the money?  Child support is intended to provide the child with comforts in both homes.

My point was there never needed to be a custody hearing-Bethenny just wanted to use it as a platform to bash Jason.  I am sure there will be an equalization of the distribution of attorneys fees.  I think she should have been a bit embarrassed over the issues she raised and then quickly capitulated once she told her side of the story.

No one would have picked up the phone to take a call from Bethenny Frankel, runner up on the Martha Stewart Apprentice show and her Skinny Girl Margarita.  Bethenny has already had to pay out for trying to screw over her original manager for the Kanbar introduction.  The show was doing great, Bethenny got married had the baby and said how much she loved Jason about every two minutes.  Jason was a big part of her life and a big part of the show.  We will never know, but a judge and most likely an appellate court will let the world know if Jason added value to the Bethenny brand and what he is entitled to. So this -gee, I was reluctant, he forced me to marry him, is sheer bullshit.  I have no way of knowing what has been offered during settlement negotiations and I doubt anyone outside the immediate parties and their attorneys know for sure.  Both parties have every right to hold out for what they believe is legally theirs, at his point I can't really say one side is being totally unreasonable but I do tend to believe that Bethenny will come out on top. 

In a marriage it takes both sides to agree with where and what traditions to begin-the senior Hoppys have one surviving child and one grandchild.  I have no idea what your family is like and I think it is wonderful that you abstained from your families holiday celebrations and stretched the holidays over the corresponding weekends.  For Zoey's dad and myself it was easy -we travelled and spent Christmas Eve with his side of the family and Christmas Day with my side of the family.  In later years the tradition became our house.  Bethenny setting the tradition sans Carole and Bob wasn't what Jason wanted.  As I said before there has to be some middle ground between taking your family out of the country and saddling yourself with the in-laws in PA.  Maybe celebrate Christmas with the in laws and fly down to St. Barths the following day?  Or have your in laws join you for vacation.  It always seemed like it was too over the top and so dramatic.  Bethenny didn't like Carole and Bob when she no longer needed them to show her love and acceptance on her show.  They were more valuable as an obstacle to her wants.   The birthday celebrations were even stupider.  The good news for Bethenny is she only has to see Carole and Bob if they insist on doing a solo/joint birthday party for Bryn.

I have to say virtually every newlywed couple I know makes plans to be with their extended family over the holidays. I don't have a problem if they do but generally the holidays are a time when families get together-not vacation separately.  I know zero who if they have family in town or close by just elect to travel out of the country to spend time by themselves.  After Christmas absolutely but not for 10 days including Christmas.  The good news for Bryn is all that has been decided and is in writing and under court order.

• Love 4

Maybe Jason wanted split custody because he wanted to ensure Bethenny didn't move to California or maybe, just maybe it is what he is entitled to by law

Even if Bethenny had primary custody there is no way that she could move Bryn to another state, let alone the other coast of the county, Bethenny would need an actual court order signed by the judge granting her specific permission for this move.

Primary custody doesn't mean sole custody.

• Love 3

Even if Bethenny had primary custody there is no way that she could move Bryn to another state, let alone the other coast of the county, Bethenny would need an actual court order signed by the judge granting her specific permission for this move.

I believe Bethenny wanted whatever custody be it sole or primary that allowed her to make the decisions for the child without Jason's input including where the child would reside. They started a custody hearing-Bethenny put her case on and then decided to shut it down.  I understand Bethenny wanting all the power in the parent child relationship and if that is what she wanted she should have used a sperm donor.  There are benefits to having Jason as a parent to Bryn.  The child Bethenny insisted on naming after Jason's late brother.  I am only going by what she asked for.  She seemed to  spend an awful lot of time and energy trying to dictate what went in the child's mouth and numerous other things that courts just normally don't grant.  For example rarely if ever will the court order a specific bedtime or a specific menu-the exception being food allergies.  If the parents agreed to say a Kosher diet then the court would sign the order where both parents abide by their previous agreement.  I doubt there is little the court could or would do if one parent stopped a Kosher diet previously agreed to. 

I understand as an only child and a much married and engaged person Bethenny is use to getting her way and it has worked out for her in the business world very nicely.  As much as some would say Jason forced the marriage, I sure didn't see it that way.  There are people who still believe that it is appropriate for children's parents to be married at the time of their birth.  Bethenny seemed to be talking commitment and engagement with him before she got pregnant.  I just have a hard time for someone who plans every last minute of her life just having an oops pregnancy moment.  She is a big girl she knew at some level that having sex without contraception can lead to babies.  She had a second pregnancy during the marriage so she could not have felt too trapped. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankel-opens-up-about-recent-miscarriage-i-blamed-myself-2012126

• Love 5

Bethenny originally filed for "sole custody", not for "primary custody". Bethenny, herself, made it very clear that she wanted to move back to California, on her reality spin, off and that was her ultimate goal in wanting sole custody 

• Love 4
(edited)

Bethenny originally filed for "sole custody", not for "primary custody". Bethenny, herself, made it very clear that she wanted to move back to California, on her reality spin, off and that was her ultimate goal in wanting sole custody 

I remember that differently. Both Bethenny and Jason filed for primary custody according the court documents that neither of them bothered to have sealed for Bryn's sake. Jason either additionally filed for joint custody or later changed his filing to joint. But, whatever the case, the initial filing on both sides was the same with Jason winning additional points for adding joint custody to his petition. 

I remember being kind of disgusted with the blogs at that time because instead of just posting the court documents, they were busy highlighting that Jason included joint custody in his petition but ignored the fact that both Bethenny and Jason filed for the same thing, at least initially. 

I remember seeing the court documents posted on TWOP and a few other places and thought it was odd that so many people were vilifying Bethenny and ignoring Jason's full filing. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

I remember that differently. Both Bethenny and Jason filed for primary custody according the court documents that neither of them bothered to have sealed for Bryn's sake. Jason either additionally filed for joint custody or later changed his filing to joint. But, whatever the case, the initial filing on both sides was the same with Jason winning additional points for adding joint custody to his petition. 

I remember being kind of disgusted with the blogs at that time because instead of just posting the court documents, they were busy highlighting that Jason included joint custody in his petition but ignored the fact that both Bethenny and Jason filed for the same thing, at least initially. 

I remember seeing the court documents posted on TWOP and a few other places and thought it was odd that so many people were vilifying Bethenny and ignoring Jason's full filing. 

Bethnny filed for sole custody , then Jason filed for sole custody....then they both changed it to primary (B), joint (J). The judge hearing the custody case advised Bethenny to drop the sole request and the primary request.

After six episodes, it's painfully obvious that Bethenny is only on this show to promote her brand and keep her face in the public eye. IMO she just doesn't give a shit about any of these people or the drama that goes with it (not that I blame her). So all of her "this is where I belong... It feels fresh and new" is just BS. I mean can't she even PRETEND she wants to be there? When she tries to act friendly it just comes off fake. I'm finding her kind really hard to watch this year, and the Skinnygirl product placement is over the top ridiculous. I feel like she wants nothing to do with the "new" girls (her eye roll when Kristen sat down next to her at the blackjack table was awful) and really isn't giving any of them a chance.

• Love 2

Bethenny filed for sole legal custody, and primary physical custody.

Sole legal custody would never allow her to move her child to another state let alone 3000 miles away.

• Love 3

Sole legal custody would never allow her to move her child to another state let alone 3000 miles away.

Yes, Sole custody gives that parent the right to do whatever even if the other parent disagrees, such as where they live, education/schools, ect, and it was sole custody to begin with, she modified it after Jason filed.

• Love 2

I don't know how it works in NY but the sealing of divorce cases is usually pretty rare.  It is my understanding in NY the property/money matters are under seal.  First off these are people who put their marriage and separation on TV so now they want it made private?  There is a certain justice in court documents being open to the public it keeps the system honest.

Usually in legal proceedings you respond in kind.  So Bethenny asking for anything but joint custody would elicit the same from Jason.

I think the reason Bethenny was vilified was because she also asked for child support, health insurance for the child.  Seemed like a bitchy move.  She doesn't need Jason's money.  I will say she has moved passed all that.

As far as keeping things private-Bethenny does not want to do any such thing.  I was sad to see the preview of Bethenny meeting up with her mother's ex husband and bashing her mother again.  Why does she think this is a good idea?  I don't feel sorry for Bethenny and rounding up people she has been in touch with for years just to bash her mother shows me that she has issues that she refuses to resolve.  Does Bethenny realize that someday her daughter might do the same?  Kids live by example.  What kind of POS man tells someone he considered a daughter that her mom never wanted children?  I guess it is the same kind of man that needed the police to intervene in arguments between he and his wife.  Maybe he was the one that resented her having children.  It seems this man became a whole lot more important once Bethenny's dad died.  This is why I feel like Bethenny deserves zero privacy.  She thrives on being in the spotlight.

• Love 5

I believe what the issue was at one time is Bethenny's talk show was suppose to be filmed in LA.   Obviously once she and Jason split if she was to be doing a talk show in LA and wanted custody of her daughter she would have to file for it.  Bethenny was certainly wanting something other than 50/50 time with Jason.  It is my understanding sole legal custody would have given Bethenny decision making power as to education, religion and I believe she wanted some dietary restrictions as part of Jason's visitation time.

I do know that people every day get divorced and their work, remarriage, takes them away from where they lived at the time of filing.  So if Bethenny job would have taken her to California it would seem she would need some time of judicial order allowing her to do so unless the parties had reached an agreement.

I don't know how it works in NY but the sealing of divorce cases is usually pretty rare.  It is my understanding in NY the property/money matters are under seal.  First off these are people who put their marriage and separation on TV so now they want it made private?  There is a certain justice in court documents being open to the public it keeps the system honest.

Usually in legal proceedings you respond in kind.  So Bethenny asking for anything but joint custody would elicit the same from Jason.

I think the reason Bethenny was vilified was because she also asked for child support, health insurance for the child.  Seemed like a bitchy move.  She doesn't need Jason's money.  I will say she has moved passed all that.

As far as keeping things private-Bethenny does not want to do any such thing.  I was sad to see the preview of Bethenny meeting up with her mother's ex husband and bashing her mother again.  Why does she think this is a good idea?  I don't feel sorry for Bethenny and rounding up people she has been in touch with for years just to bash her mother shows me that she has issues that she refuses to resolve.  Does Bethenny realize that someday her daughter might do the same?  Kids live by example.  What kind of POS man tells someone he considered a daughter that her mom never wanted children?  I guess it is the same kind of man that needed the police to intervene in arguments between he and his wife.  Maybe he was the one that resented her having children.  It seems this man became a whole lot more important once Bethenny's dad died.  This is why I feel like Bethenny deserves zero privacy.  She thrives on being in the spotlight.

My remark about them not sealing the records had nothing to do with Bethenny or Jason's privacy and everything to do with Bryn's. Because of them being on a reality show, I know they forfeited their right to certain privacy constraints. But, I would think that because of precisely that, they would both do what they could to protect Bryn's privacy. I don't know anything about how all of this stuff works, thank goodness. My parents are still married after 5 children and 40 years and I am still married after 11 years myself. So, I feel very grateful that I never had to learn the ins and outs of something like this as a child or an adult. So, if it isn't the norm for these types of cases to be sealed, so be it. But, if there is even a small opportunity to keep anything having to do with Bryn private, I think they should jump on it. 

(edited)

My remark about them not sealing the records had nothing to do with Bethenny or Jason's privacy and everything to do with Bryn's. Because of them being on a reality show, I know they forfeited their right to certain privacy constraints. But, I would think that because of precisely that, they would both do what they could to protect Bryn's privacy. I don't know anything about how all of this stuff works, thank goodness. My parents are still married after 5 children and 40 years and I am still married after 11 years myself. So, I feel very grateful that I never had to learn the ins and outs of something like this as a child or an adult. So, if it isn't the norm for these types of cases to be sealed, so be it. But, if there is even a small opportunity to keep anything having to do with Bryn private, I think they should jump on it. 

Fortunately for Bryn a third party has not been appointed to represent her.  I do believe all the psychological reports of the parties and minor child would be under seal.  That is fairly standard.  Congratulations on your family's record of longevity in marriages. 

I believe the biggest divide between Jason and Bethenny when it comes to child rearing is Bethenny's openness and talk of all  things family and of course reality TV.  I think it was smart for Jason not to allow Bryn on any more shows.  I think most parents believe as long as they are there to protect the child it is okay but once they have no say they are reluctant to let them film.  The exception in the RH  world of course is Joe and Teresa Giudice those parents have zero awareness and will let the kids do anything on TV. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes, Sole custody gives that parent the right to do whatever even if the other parent disagrees, such as where they live, education/schools, ect, and it was sole custody to begin with, she modified it after Jason filed.

Sole primary custody does allow you to do whatever you want with the child and that is the reason why very few parents gets this one, unless the other parent is in jail , is a child molester or basically abandons the child no judge will ever grant this type of custody and a person would be crazy to even ask for it without having the grounds for it because this would be seriously detrimental to their custody case. Bethenny has never requested sole primary custody, it would had been legal suicide for her and would had jeopardized her whole custody case. She requested primary physical custody which is a lot of cases only means that she gets 51% of Bryn's time and the other parent 49%, the time is almost even but with a slight edge for one parent, If the child gets to spend 4 nights of the week with the child and the other spends 3 nights, then the parent with the 4 nights is considered the primary physical custodial parent. Bethenny and Jason both have requested primary physical custody.

What Bethenny requested was sole legal custody, which is different from the physical custody. When parents split their time almost evenly, during the time the child spends with one parent, that parent gets to take the day to day decisions over the child, sole legal custody is only for major decisons like schol choice, relegion, helathcare , if the parents gets to an understanding it is wonderful, if they do not, then the parent with sole custody overrules and prevails. Usually in contencious divorces where both parents can't agree on something judges prefer to give one of them sole legal custody because otherwise those parents will end up in front of him many, many times during the years. Bethenny requested sole legal custody and so did Jason at the beginning but then changed it to split legal custody (for PR reasons if you ask me because there is no way that he is willing to agree with Bethenny on anything, it just looks better in the court of public opinion)

A parent with sole legal custody cannot take the child out of the state without the other parent written permision or a court order, to do so constitues kidnapping and most likely means that the parent who does this will lose custody. My sister has primary physical custody and sole legal custody of her daughter, she got a job offer to an state that was merely two hours away, she talked with her ex, he didn't wanted to authorize so she had to ask for a hearing with the judge, she explained her reasons and the judge told her that unless she could 1) get her ex- permission  2) become legally responsible to transport her daughter to this state every weekend for the visitation then he couldn't authorize it so she couldn't take the job offer and had to stay put.  

There is a lot of confusion about these two types of custody and Jason and his lawyers have banked on the fact that most people get them confused to paint the picture of Bethenny wanting to banish Jason from Bryn's life by requesting "sole" custody when they know this is not what it is.

If Bethenny got prymary physical custody, the child support is not for her , it is for Bryn and Bethenny cannot go in front of the judge and request that Jason be exonerated of the payment, this is not how it works. Furthermore why would Jason agree to such a thing that can be interpret as financial abandonment? Any parent who is granted primary physical custody has to request child support, that is not a child's right that can be negotiated. 

Now with them splitting custody the wealthiest parent has to pay and that is how Jason is receiving child support. I am pretty sure he was banking on that to maintain his lifestyle.  

Edited by AnnaL
  • Love 7

Sole primary custody does allow you to do whatever you want with the child and that is the reason why very few parents gets this one, unless the other parent is in jail , is a child molester or basically abandons the child no judge will ever grant this type of custody and a person would be crazy to even ask for it without having the grounds for it because this would be seriously detrimental to their custody case. Bethenny has never requested sole primary custody, it would had been legal suicide for her and would had jeopardized her whole custody case. She requested primary physical custody which is a lot of cases only means that she gets 51% of Bryn's time and the other parent 49%, the time is almost even but with a slight edge for one parent, If the child gets to spend 4 nights of the week with the child and the other spends 3 nights, then the parent with the 4 nights is considered the primary physical custodial parent. Bethenny and Jason both have requested primary physical custody.

What Bethenny requested was sole legal custody, which is different from the physical custody. When parents split their time almost evenly, during the time the child spends with one parent, that parent gets to take the day to day decisions over the child, sole legal custody is only for major decisons like schol choice, relegion, helathcare , if the parents gets to an understanding it is wonderful, if they do not, then the parent with sole custody overrules and prevails. Usually in contencious divorces where both parents can't agree on something judges prefer to give one of them sole legal custody because otherwise those parents will end up in front of him many, many times during the years. Bethenny requested sole legal custody and so did Jason at the beginning but then changed it to split legal custody (for PR reasons if you ask me because there is no way that he is willing to agree with Bethenny on anything, it just looks better in the court of public opinion)

A parent with sole legal custody cannot take the child out of the state without the other parent written permision or a court order, to do so constitues kidnapping and most likely means that the parent who does this will lose custody. My sister has primary physical custody and sole legal custody of her daughter, she got a job offer to an state that was merely two hours away, she talked with her ex, he didn't wanted to authorize so she had to ask for a hearing with the judge, she explained her reasons and the judge told her that unless she could 1) get her ex- permission  2) become legally responsible to transport her daughter to this state every weekend for the visitation then he couldn't authorize it so she couldn't take the job offer and had to stay put.  

There is a lot of confusion about these two types of custody and Jason and his lawyers have banked on the fact that most people get them confused to paint the picture of Bethenny wanting to banish Jason from Bryn's life by requesting "sole" custody when they know this is not what it is.

If Bethenny got prymary physical custody, the child support is not for her , it is for Bryn and Bethenny cannot go in front of the judge and request that Jason be exonerated of the payment, this is not how it works. Furthermore why would Jason agree to such a thing that can be interpret as financial abandonment? Any parent who is granted primary physical custody has to request child support, that is not a child's right that can be negotiated. 

Now with them splitting custody the wealthiest parent has to pay and that is how Jason is receiving child support. I am pretty sure he was banking on that to maintain his lifestyle.  

Thanks for the in depth explanation. When it was first reported, it was always reported as "sole" without either legal or primary listed. That said, there is no way anyone here can say that Jason wanted a 50/50 split so that he would insure he received "child support" to fund his lifestyle or that he was trying to manipulate the publics perception of Bethenny with any certainty. He and his legal team have been very quiet while Bethenny's team have done some shady things like her testifying so that she could make some damaging accusations about him (his family) then agreeing to his terms so that he would not testify about her or defend himself against her assertions. Jason could have said no to the settlement but he put Bryn first, not his dislike/disgust/anger for Bethenny, she did the exact opposite with that move IMO.

• Love 5

The child support is paid to the parent and in every jurisdiction not the child because they are a minor.  Unless the parent is on welfare a person may waive child support. This I know is an absolute. The Court cannot force someone to take child support against their wishes unless they are on welfare and then the money is paid directly to the governmental authority. Bethenny did not have to request child support or health insurance she could have just provided it.

I think you are confusing situations. Many a wealthy parent waives off on child support-Camille Grammer comes to mind. Certainly Kelsey has not been accused of financial abandonment. When Simon and Tamra Braney divorced they initially mutually waived child support. At the time Tamra made about 5 times the amount of money that Simon did. So parents do waive support every day.

Under the law both parents are equally responsible for their children's health and welfare. As long as Jason provides has an abode and feeds the child when she is with him he is supporting his child regardless of how he pays for the food or shelter. It does not matter if the source is from child support or alimony.

Of this I am certain Bethenny wanted something other than joint physical custody. She did not want Jason to have equal or more time with Bryn. She did not want him to equal or more say in the legal custody area. For whatever reason and it seems she did not get it.

I don't think either parent created a child with the idea that it would be a big paycheck someday and I think to indicate that is very hurtful thing to say about a child as it objectifies them that they are merely a paycheck or a support source for a parent.  Bethenny and Jason were pretty equal when they married the great unknown was what would her Skinny Girl products bring in.  If Skinny Girl would have tanked and Bethenny wasn't on reality TV she may have been the one perceived as having a child for financial security. 

Sorry about your sister's missed job opportunity.  There just seems to have to be a more reasonable middle ground. 

Thanks for the in depth explanation. When it was first reported, it was always reported as "sole" without either legal or primary listed. That said, there is no way anyone here can say that Jason wanted a 50/50 split so that he would insure he received "child support" to fund his lifestyle or that he was trying to manipulate the publics perception of Bethenny with any certainty. He and his legal team have been very quiet while Bethenny's team have done some shady things like her testifying so that she could make some damaging accusations about him (his family) then agreeing to his terms so that he would not testify about her or defend himself against her assertions. Jason could have said no to the settlement but he put Bryn first, not his dislike/disgust/anger for Bethenny, she did the exact opposite with that move IMO.

For some reason there is this vindictive side of Bethenny I fond somewhat immature that if she feels wronged by someone she is going to make them hurt in the public spotlight.  I cringed when I saw the upcoming feature with Bethenny and her former step-father.  What two incredibly bitter people.  It is a good thing her child custody matter was decided because clearly Bethenny has some pretty screwed up ideas about parenting. 

• Love 4
The child support is paid to the parent and in every jurisdiction not the child because they are a minor.  Unless the parent is on welfare a person may waive child support. This I know is an absolute.  The Court cannot force someone to take child support against their wishes unless they are on welfare and then the money is paid directly to the governmental authority. Bethenny did not have to request child support or health insurance she could have just provided it. 
I think you are confusing situations. Many a wealthy parent waives off on child support-Camille Grammer comes to mind. Certainly Kelsey has not been accused of financial abandonment. When Simon and Tamra Braney divorced they initially mutually waived child support. At the time Tamra made about 5 times the amount of money that Simon did. So parents do waive support every day.

Child support can never be waived. Ever. It is the right of the child to be supported by both parents and a parent cannot waive it for any reason - not to use as a bargaining chip with the ex, as a way to avoid contact with the ex,  or just to be nice to the ex.

Whether you receive welfare or not, it makes no difference.  

It also does not matter if you or your ex are wealthy.  Camille Grammer is absolutely collecting child support.  She does not have the right not to.  It's not her money to decline.  To even ask the court to waive child support would make it appear she had used it as a negotiation tool to obtain a better property settlement.  No lawyer would let her walk into court and compromise her integrity in that way.  It would make her look like she was not acting in the best interest of her children, and her ex could use it against her to obtain custody.  

I think Bethenny asking for child support in her initial filings was done merely to preserve her and Bryn's rights.  It is standard procedure.  I am wondering if anyone has seen the actual filings themselves and can determine if any child support request she made was not just boilerplate language that gets included in all filings where there is a minor child involved. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm only a few minutes into watching this on DVR, but I hate Bethenney now.  I used to love her.  But how classless is it to yell "I gotta pee."  And then pee on the side of the road? I feel like this is just theatrics cause she's just so edgy.  

Okay, I'm now onto the part where Bethenney is having the frank convo with Sonja.  She's redeeming herself a bit.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

Child support can never be waived. Ever. It is the right of the child to be supported by both parents and a parent cannot waive it for any reason - not to use as a bargaining chip with the ex, as a way to avoid contact with the ex,  or just to be nice to the ex.

Whether you receive welfare or not, it makes no difference.  

It also does not matter if you or your ex are wealthy.  Camille Grammer is absolutely collecting child support.  She does not have the right not to.  It's not her money to decline.  To even ask the court to waive child support would make it appear she had used it as a negotiation tool to obtain a better property settlement.  No lawyer would let her walk into court and compromise her integrity in that way.  It would make her look like she was not acting in the best interest of her children, and her ex could use it against her to obtain custody.  

I think Bethenny asking for child support in her initial filings was done merely to preserve her and Bryn's rights.  It is standard procedure.  I am wondering if anyone has seen the actual filings themselves and can determine if any child support request she made was not just boilerplate language that gets included in all filings where there is a minor child involved. 

Here it is straight from the horse's mouth parties can waive child support in the State of New York.  http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_york/nyfaq01  It also explains how the money is from one parent to the other parent.  It is not a direct payment for the child.

Camille doesn't get child support.  Literally  millions of people with joint custody do not receive child support. Sometimes they get the family home that has tons of equity in it, sometimes the other parent allows an out of state move for the other parent and child and is relieved of support obligations.   They have separation and marital termination agreements that provide for no child support.  If there is a substantial change of circumstances one parent becomes disabled, loses their job or does not have the child or children for the agreed period of time then they can go back to Court or come up with a new agreement.  Courts WANT people to come to terms with custody and support.  Most dissolutions are settled between the parties.  That is why both parties should have attorneys. 

There is a world of difference between waiving child support and one parent allowing the other parent to not be financially responsible for a child-ever.  And that exception is if the child becomes a ward of the state. 

My point is this if you a whole bunch of money and want a divorce don't ask for child support.  The right to child support is preserved throughout the minority of the child if there is a change of circumstances.  In Bethenny case it came off as punitive and mean spirited.  She and Bryn didn't need money or health insurance from Jason so don't ask for it.  She pays PR firms and attorneys a lot of money to represent her-use common sense.  

• Love 3
(edited)
Here it is straight from the horse's mouth parties can waive child support in the State of New York.

With all due respect, Zoeysmom, I think you are misreading that article.  What is says is the child supports guidelines can be waived, not child support itself.  

All that means is that instead of going by the standard chart which indicates what dollar amount should be paid in child support, you may be allowed to negotiate your own dollar figure.  You typically see that kind of thing when a wealthy couple is divorcing and the guidelines would result in monthly child support payments that would be unreasonably high.  On occasion, people of average incomes may have extenuating circumstances that warrant departure from the guidelines.  Illness, disability, unstable income can all be considerations.  Such an agreement would need the approval of the court, and it is your obligation to convince the court that your negotiated plan is in the best interests of the child rather than the guideline-indicated $$$ amount. 

Sometimes they get the family home that has tons of equity in it, sometimes the other parent allows an out of state move for the other parent and child and is relieved of support obligations.

Child support is based on the amount of money flowing into a family, not on property holdings.

This is in part because any child support arrangement that might require sale of a home (or at least a mortgage on it) to cover day to day expense of the child would be far too onerous and risky a proposition for any court to view it as being in a child's best interest.   I don't believe such a thing would ever be approved as a basis for scaling down the guideline indicated payments to nothing.

The idea that someone would be allowed to waive child support in exchange for a spouse's permission to move out of state is unthinkable.  It would encourage the breakdown of the family unit, making it appealing to scatter families among different states with not even a financial obligation to tie them together any more.  Such a thing could never be proven to be in a child's best interest (imo).

In Bethenny case it came off as punitive and mean spirited.  She and Bryn didn't need money or health insurance from Jason so don't ask for it.

I have not seen the actual filings where Bethenny asked for child support or insurance myself so I can't say for sure.  If you have ready access to them, please link them up. I would love to read them for myself.

I think it is important to keep in mind the fact that most divorces - even high profile, big bucks cases - are at least initially filed the same way, using the same basic forms with people's names and addresses just filled in, and most of the language is standardized stuff and probably includes a lot of things that eventually will go by the wayside.   So until I see something to the contrary, I am going with the notion that it was all standard legal-ese cover your ass boilerplate language common to all divorces where kids are involved.

ETA: I found numerous articles talking about how much Camille Grammer is getting in spousal and child support, reported to be $41,000 a month.  Yes, I said forty-one thousand dollars.  A month. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5

Jeez. So Jason expected for them to drive all the way to his parents house every weekend? Is this for real?  I would have divorced his ass just for saying something like that out loud. 

What I cannot understand is how someone gets in this situation to begin with. At their age. If they had been young kids when they married I could understand that conversations were not had about things they hadn't yet thought about. They were both 40-ish and had established lives of their own. How could it not have come up? JMO, but this is one of the reasons that folks end up in this situation. They don't take the time to really know each other and understand what each one needs from the marriage. 

• Love 7

There are no links to actual child support or custody filings because they are confidential under NYS law.  Everything has come from 'sources'.  Divorce filings are confidential.  The only thing that is public is the child custody hearing.  The only reporter that I know of who was there at the custody hearing was a reporter from People magazine and that reporter stated that Bethenny wanted sole custody and Jason wanted shared custody. 

I have never heard Jason or even Bethenny say that Jason wanted them to go to PA every weekend to see his parents.  From what I understand, Jason visited his parents every other weekend in PA.  And IIRC, that's what he wanted (seeing his parents) after he married Beth and had a child.  It was not a case of being with his parents every weekend (them going there and his parents coming to NY on alternate weekends).  I'm sure there will be those who disagree but that's how I remember it.

And now, once again, we revisit Beth's tragic, horrible, dysfunctional childhood.  We had to listen to this for three seasons on Beth's spinoff and sorry, I have no interest in revisiting it once again.  It's time to move on.  We have had to listen to Beth bash her mom (and who knows, she may have been the worst mother in the world) but when Beth screamed that she hated her mom for going to the press and telling her side of the story, Beth really lost me.  So it's ok for Beth to say anything about her mother but when her mother responds, that's not ok with Beth.  You can't have it both ways.  And now we have the stepfather on the show, who apparently Beth hasn't seen in decades, to tell Beth her mother never wanted children?  Sounds like an agenda.  Beth, you are a very fortunate person in so many ways.  Be happy because there are so many people in this world who have it so much worse than you.

• Love 7

Just because they are millions of people in the world whose situations are much worse than your doesn't mean that your pain is not real and needs to be dismissed, forgotten or not talked about. Are rich people not entitled to have feelings?

A lot of people are lucky and they find that special person who helps them heal and who helps them forget about their childhood traumas, I am lucky I did, my husband has helped me so much in this regard and now I am a much stronger version of myself and feel great, he loves me just the same if not more than when he first met me and I was a complete mess. He doesn't resent my confidence, he truly has shown me that love can be real and has allowed me to love him with all my heart because I know I won't be hurt.

If my husband would have used the terms damaged, unlovable, that my daughter would grow up to hate me, that I will end up like my screwed up mother, and many of the other nasty things that Jason told Bethenny , I am sure we would not be together or maybe we would and I would allow the emotional beat down just because I didn't think I deserve better. I am glad that for her own sanity Bethenny decided to divorce him. There is no way that a person who loves you willingly inflicts that kind of pain and uses your past traumas to win an argument. No way, no excuses.

• Love 12
I have never heard Jason or even Bethenny say that Jason wanted them to go to PA every weekend to see his parents.  From what I understand, Jason visited his parents every other weekend in PA.  And IIRC, that's what he wanted (seeing his parents) after he married Beth and had a child.  It was not a case of being with his parents every weekend (them going there and his parents coming to NY on alternate weekends).  I'm sure there will be those who disagree but that's how I remember it.

Jason said himself that he went ot PA every other weekend and his parents would come to NYC the other two weekends of the month, which means that whether they were in PA or NYC , Jason was with his parents every single weekend. For some people that might seem the norm but IMO Jason needed to ease up Bethenny on this routine much more smoothly, Bethenny wanted to have her own weekends where just the three of them got to do things on their own and I can't fault her for that because usually newly weds want to spend most of their time together without family members around.

My problem with Jason is that IMO he had planned this all along since the moment he saw her. I mean Jason met her in a bar while she had flashlights in her face and a camera crew filming her ad for her new line of cocktails, did he thought in that moment "this is the Susie homemaker that I will introduce to my parents?" , if Jason wanted a more traditinal wife who wouldn't mind to be with his parents every weekend and who was normal and not damaged like he loved to throw in her face, why did he pursued her so hard even after she told him she was damaged and not good at relationships?

I remember during season 3 of RHNY when Bethenny and Jason were in a bar talking about their relationship and few things came up during that conversation between them that got my attention:

1) Jason lived in a one bedroom  apartment that was the size of a shoe and a complete mess (I remember this because it made my raise my eyebrows being that Jason was being presented as this real state mogul - implying he had money of his own, it has been proved he was never in real state and never had a significant amount of money)

2) Bethenny was not in an exclusive relationship with Jason by her own choice, for 6 months they had an open relationship and were allowed to date other people, basically they were friends with benefits, What part of conventional Susie maker wife did Jason got from this vibe?) Furthermore since they met at the beginning of 2009 Bethenny life was windwhirl, season 2 of RHNY had wrapped up, the ladies were going to interviews doing promotionals, Bethenny had stroke her partnership with Kanbar the year before, she was heavily involved in her cocktail line and her books were on the best seller list, promotional travels, etc, etc, etc. What part of Bethenny's life screamed conventional wife to Jason? Jason said during that scene that he was the one who put his feet down and forced Bethenny to make the decision to date him exclusively. So they started dating exclusively around June/July

3( During that scene (filmed in September) Jason was asking Bethenny for a stronger comittment and during the talks to convince Bethenny of that commitment Bethenny reminded him that she was not sure about that because due to her childhoood she considered herself damaged goods and not good at relationships, Jason like the knight in shining armor asked her to trust him and to let him love her and that he would make her forget about the pain of her past (heavily paraphrasing here) that was the moment we saw Bethenny heart melting and tears in her eyes, she probably believed that she had found her one, the one who will make all the pains go away. If she only knew. Jason moved in to live with her in September.

During one of the episodes of RHNY and during another combo between Bethenny and Jason it also came up that Jason initiated the conversation about them stopping taking birth control and "see what happens" Bethenny said this in front of Jason and he never contradicted her. Then during their spin off show again in another conversation between them we learned that Bethenny just wanted to live together and maybe marry until after the baby was born but Jason was not having it, he wanted to marry before the baby and not just any kind of marriage , Bethenny proposed to go to some place (JOP) with a couple of witnesses, his parents and call it a day, Jason wanted the bid wedding.

Jason knew who Bethenny was, he has admitted this himself, he knew much more about her than she knew about him, there is no way anybody can confuse Bethenny with a gentle, compliant, conventional wife like he seemed to want after they got married, he knew she was a rising star and that her many business ventures were paying off, Bethenny was on her way to be a millionaire and Jason knew it IMO. Why he was in such a hurry to marry her? is it because he loved her that much or is it b ecause he knew that the deal with Beam was coming to an end and he wanted to be sure he was married to her before the deal close? Many articles report that Jason threw a fit when he was asked to sign a prenup that protected the cocktail line, this was done mainly at the request of David Kanbar, after all he was Bethenny's partner 50%-50% , David is a business man and he probably knew that if there were problems in their marriage it could potentially damage the sale that he had been working on for over 2 years, this prenup could be the only thing that can potentially save Bethenny from financial ruin so I have no doubt that Bethenny over Kanbar a life long debt of gratitute. Many articles also write about the fact that Jason signed the prenup only 5 days before the wedding because Bethenny had decided that if the prenup was not signed then there would be no marriage. At least she had clarity of mind to do that little bit.  

So putting 2+2 together I have a very nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach. Jason introduced himself to her knowing who she was, he put his foot down for an exclusive relationship, he asked her to move in, he asked her to stop birth control, he push for them to marry before the baby was born, why oh why? This all happened between the time they first met (January 2009) started dating exclsuively (JUne 2009) to the moment she got pregnant (October 2009). Bethenny clearly wasn't thinking properly and she will have to pay many millions for her stupid mistake. She should have follow her gut insticts but she didn't and I bet she kicks herself every day for it.

Call me paranoic but what I see is a guy who had a clear goal and a target, this is now more evident to me by the way he is fighting so hard for money but I do believe that after the deal with Beam closed, Jason changed, he changed towards her, removed his emotional support and started with his passive aggresive comments with the intended motive to drive her nuts until she requested the divorce and then guilt her into giving him a big chunk of her fortune in order to preserve her public image.  Did single Jason saw his parents every weekend or was that move just destined to create more rift between them? The way he has gone about this divorce reveals to me that the Jason we saw on screen is not the real one. He never excelled in the real business world but marrying Bethenny and the dividend that the divorce will generate for him is clearly his best business move, probably the only one he will ever have.  

• Love 15

Here is my feeling about Bethenny and Jason- Bethenny was happy for Mr. Right Now and got pregnant by him, her choice not to use birth control, not Jason's, she ran around dropping "I love you" like crazy.  So either Bethenny is very insincere in her expressions of love or she is suffering from a really bad case of revisionist history.  Jason didn't insist on a wedding at the Four Seasons,  or a particular cake, or a certain wedding dress.  I do think he wanted his friends and family invited and Bethenny seemed to balk at that a bit.  It was his wedding as well.  I really don't think, Miss Pee in the Bucket, can discuss frat like behavior at the wedding.  She met, bedded him, and got impregnated by him and married him.  Most of all to further her brand she had it all be part of a reality show, that she was in charge of from start to finish.  Jason has to take ownership for allowing this intrusion in his life.  Again Bethenny calling Jason and friends out on frat behavior-this from a woman who got up on a dinner table at a nice restaurant to bust a few moves.

I for one want to know what Bethenny said to Jason that caused him to utter these alleged horrible things to her.  BTW she did set herself up to be the poster child for damaged by constantly talking about how damaged she is.  I must say with Bethenny polarizing personality and wanting to cut all the paternal ties from her daughter's life she is setting herself to be just like her mother.  There are times Bethenny says things that make me cringe-I understand she can be curt but she also throws some pretty hurtful things out there.   Her visit to Jason's home town is a great example. 

I have no idea how often Jason wanted to see his parents but somewhere between never and 24/7 there is an in between. 

It is just my opinion but in remembering the show it seemed to me Bethnny brand was enhanced by the fairy tale.  Had Bethenny been just a smart person who decided Skinny Girl anything would roll of the shelf she would have received far less money.   Bethenny reality show host with her exposure and carefully controlled image added many zeroes to her Jim Beam check.  She carefully and wisely crafted the brand and now won't let us have a scene with her without product placement.  Sometimes there is just too much of Bethenny and Skinny Girl.  By now if Jason's claim were totally off base he would be out of court.  There must be some question of fact or law that allows this case to continue.

As to Jason targeting Bethenny because of her fame. . . wasn't she hosting an event the night they met?  So guys can't ask famous women out on date, fall in love with them or marry them because they are just after their fortune and want their own fame?  I think most famous women would be very lonely if all potential suitors motives were questioned.  No one forced Bethenny to marry Jason. . .if she said no what was he going to do-not be a father to Bryn?  At some point when Bethenny's adrenal and constant need for attention subside she may have to look back and take responsibility for her part in the marriage and its dissolve.  Until then she will always be subject for fodder.

• Love 6

By now if Jason's claim were totally off base he would be out of court.  There must be some question of fact or law that allows this case to continue.

Yeah, there is a question of fact or law, alright ... a BIG ONE.  Mostly pertaining to just how big a lying, manipulative scheming thief Jason Hoppy is.

Read this, hot off the presses : http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-divorce-drama-apartment-jason-hoppy/

Essentially, the judge has ruled that the documents Jason used to create the trust to hold the Tribeca apartment are invalid.  They were witnessed and notarized falsely.   Jason's own mother was in on this little deal, too!  It was his sweet innocent little Mama who lied about where she was authorized as a notary so she could seal the deal, lol.  And someone lied about who witnessed what and where.  Bethenny says she just signed what Jason put in front of her, trusting him like a fool, and it appears that Jason basically tricked her into signing things that moved the apartment from the zone of being her personal property into being joint property under their prenup.  

Fortunately his fraud has been exposed. 

The upshot of this all is that the trust that was created to hold the Tribeca apartment doesn't legally exist and since Jason only gets to stay there because he is the trustee, it seems like his ass needs to start packing.  The judge is going to make a ruling about who actually owns the apartment now that the trust clearly does not, and since it was all bought with Bethenny's pre-Jason money (and he has been revealed as a scheming liar) I am thinking Bethey is going to get her apartment back.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, there is a question of fact or law, alright ... a BIG ONE.  Mostly pertaining to just how big a lying, manipulative scheming thief Jason Hoppy is.

Read this, hot off the presses : http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-divorce-drama-apartment-jason-hoppy/

Essentially, the judge has ruled that the documents Jason used to create the trust to hold the Tribeca apartment are invalid.  They were witnessed and notarized falsely.   Jason's own mother was in on this little deal, too!  It was his sweet innocent little Mama who lied about where she was authorized as a notary so she could seal the deal, lol.  And someone lied about who witnessed what and where.  Bethenny says she just signed what Jason put in front of her, trusting him like a fool, and it appears that Jason basically tricked her into signing things that moved the apartment from the zone of being her personal property into being joint property under their prenup.  

The upshot of this all is that the trust that was created to hold the Tribeca apartment doesn't legally exist and since Jason only gets to stay there because he is the trustee, it seems like his ass needs to start packing.  The judge is going to make a ruling about who actually owns the apartment now that the trust clearly does not, and since it was all bought with Bethenny's pre-Jason money (and he has been revealed as a scheming liar) I am thinking Bethey is going to get her apartment back.

The reality of it , it is marital property, bought during the marriage, not before or after but during and that makes it 50/50 ownership, correct?

And if what was done was illegal, Bethenny can always press charges or sue Jason and his parents, if she really needs her pound of flesh.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

OMG, are you for real?

Could you please post the text of the link? my computer doesn't like ROL at all and I am dying to read about this , I knew Jason was a manipulative POS but this seals the deal, he is a scheaming, conniving, good for nothing. His mother was on the scheme? what ? Mrs. Carole , the sweet lady who we all saw was so pristine? lying to give her son the heads up in case some divorce came up in the future? Nah... sure there is a mistake somewhere, people who look like Jason and Carole could never lie, never... (dripping sarcasm)

• Love 3

I think Bethenny's claim is that she signed the paper work putting Jason as head trustee for the trust that purchased the apartment. Since he is head of the trust, he controls the property, or something, so he can't be forced out of the apartment even though Bethenny purchased it with money from her corporation. If Jason wasn't in charge of the trust, the prenup would come into play in how Bethenny paid for the apartment.

The gist of this article is that a judge found that the trust was never really legally established, in part because everyone involved is agreeing that they never went to Pennsylvania and signed the paper work in front of the notary, Mrs. Carole, Jason's mother (and I could be wrong but I somehow thought notaries weren't supposed to do stuff for family anyway) If the trust was never properly established, then it doesn't exist, and Jason has no rights as the head of a trust that was never legally established. At which point, who owns the apartment now swings closer to Bethenny.

If this is all true... then yes, it does put the "Oh gosh and golly, Jason's parents are ust lil ol piles of sweetness, they can't never ever be anything but loving to that evil whore who stole their sweet boy" view into a new light. Because really, if his mom did use her notary powers to help him screw over his wife then no, she's not that nice.

• Love 7