Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Secrets Revealed, Part 1

• Start Topic

There is a very strong resemblance between all the Laurita siblings--especially the sisters. I'm surprised you don't see it. Caroline may not be a prize beauty but if Dina refrains from having work done she could easily look like Caroline in another 15 years.

It's funny because I saw WWHL last night and Dina claimed she doesn't do anything special to keep her skin so smooth & pristine. She did admit to having microdermabrasion two weeks or months ago. But there's no way that woman, who looks younger than me at 28, hasn't tweaked her face with botox/fillers and/or had tons of peels and facials. She was also asked about the makeup she uses and she said she owed her "youthful" look to her makeup artist. Just for once I wish one of these bravolebrities or celebs would at least say what kind of skin care or cosmetics they use. Not that I could afford it.

I went years without watching television because I refused to pay for cable. Now that I've started watching again, I look older every time I look in the mirror. I suppose it's because I have no "real" sense of what a person my age should look like. Save for co-workers and a few friends my age. I generally suck at guessing a persons age.

Anyway... Sorry I veered off topic. I do see a resemblance between Dina and Caro for sure.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 7

Well, unless she was totally faking that dancing, Melissa just put that "stripper/dancer" rumor to rest....

Oy, as soon as I saw Melissa doing her singing and dancing schtick a couple of seasons ago, I decided there was no way that girl was ever a stripper.

No rhythm, stiff as a board, and, if you looked closely, during that "live" (snort) performance, Melissa was dancing in totally flat boots while the backup girls had on stilettos.  And during that event I'm sure she was trying to put her best foot forward (yes, horrific pun intended).  

Something tells me Melissa doesn't even have the most basic of dancing ability and could never do an even semi-decent pole dance.

Yeah, this is one time I think Melissa was telling the truth about working at the bar in the club and *not* hugging the pole.  

I dozed off last night during the unseen footage.  I'm definitely going to have to watch it whilst fully awake so I can completely appreciate all of the snark about it on these boards.  You, my fellow posters, are all that makes sitting through this snoozefest of a season worthwhile.

There is a very strong resemblance between all the Laurita siblings--especially the sisters. I'm surprised you don't see it. Caroline may not be a prize beauty but if Dina refrains from having work done she could easily look like Caroline in another 15 years.

Teresa's behavior towards Kathy in the restaurant was childish and petulant. She claims she "goes with the flow" now but I saw nothing but a bitter woman who harbors intense bitterness and resent. She really has no right to be so butt hurt about a prank Kathy probably did not even conceive, in all honesty. Besides, Tre's proficiency with the English language is tenuous as best.

Don't know what was going on with Teresa's hair in this episode either. It swear I saw two hairlines--her preternaturally ever advancing "natural" one and then the designer wig's atop it.

Absolutely agree.

Mini Persnickety had never really watched RHONJ, particularly not at its inception when Dina was a cast member.

She saw Dina for the first time a few episodes ago and said, "Who's that woman who looks like Caroline in a blond wig?"

I think Dina also has surgically enhanced lips, which Caroline doesn't appear to have, but the basic facial shape, eyes, etc., to me are identical.

I think Frannie looks just like Dina will look in 20 years, too.

That Laurita gene...It's a strong one.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

I just looked up Kathy's book on Amazon.  Here's the blurbs they listed (FYI):

"So many of Kathy’s loving recipes take me back to my youth and the big Italian meals we shared.  Indulge has revived those classic recipes with a dash of creativity and heaps fun which will surely make your family smile."—Johnny Iuzzini, James Beard Award-winning author of Sugar Rush

"Bellissima! Kathy Wakile’s Indulge is a great find for home cooks that want to know how to make Italian and Mediterranean treats. Reading the book, I felt like Kathy was speaking directly to me, giving me the keys to great baking. I could feel the love transcending every recipe from classic treats, like pastiera, to more exotic desserts, like apple ricotta zeppoli and hazelnut chocolate cream kisses."—Ernest Lepore, Executive Chef/President Ferrara’s Pasticceria Bakery and Café

"My mouth watered as I flipped through this book, so Kathy already passed my second test. The first? She's from a large family and continues to cook for them. No chef certificate is needed when an opinionated family indulges in every sweet bite she makes."–Sunny Anderson, Food Network host and New York Times bestselling author of Sunny's Kitchen: Easy Food for Real Life

"I know my way around a dessert and Kathy's are the best!! (Start with her can't-miss cannolis...)"–Andy Cohen, author of Most Talkative

"I absolutely love desserts but I don’t bake much because I have always found it be very hard. After reading Kathy’s wonderful recipes, though, I might have to start baking because she makes it so easy and the desserts sound delicious."–Fabio Viviani, author of Fabio’s Italian Kitchen, Try This At Home and The Café Firenze Cookbook

• Love 5

I got the impression that the dictionary was part of a general family grab bag/gift swap, where no one was assigned a particular person, but that Rosie purposely set it down in front of Theresa, thereby ensuring that Theresa would get it.

I also thought this was the timeline -- although I only watched once and wasn't giving it 100% of my attention:

1.  family grab bag/gift swap -- which probably happened sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2013

2.  "9" months go by (I would imagine Theresa rounded up and -- quite honestly -- I don't think any of the RHoNJ are mental giants, so I could easily see them counting the number of months wrong), during which time Kathy and Theresa do not talk and Theresa is apparently stewing over the supposed slight

3.  sometime in August, they get together and Kathy asks Theresa for the blurb

This is how I thought it was presented and is the only timeline that makes sense to me, although, I don't know how late in the process the book jacket (with blurbs) is printed and I saw that Kathy's book was released pretty early in September (Sept. 2nd?).

I suspect that timeline as well and Kathy's book would have been at the printer by then so there was no need for Teresa to write a blurb for the book. I smell a purely producer staged, scripted, driven scene.

It's funny because I saw WWHL last night and Dina claimed she doesn't do anything special to keep her skin so smooth & pristine. She did admit to having microdermabrasion two weeks or months ago. But there's no way that woman, who looks younger than me at 28, hasn't tweaked her face with botox/fillers and/or had tons of peels and facials. She was also asked about the makeup she uses and she said she owed her "youthful" look to her makeup artist. Just for once I wish one of these bravolebrities or celebs would at least say what kind of skin care or cosmetics they use. Not that I could afford it.

I went years without watching television because I refused to pay for cable. Now that I've started watching again, I look older every time I look in the mirror. I suppose it's because I have no "real" sense of what a person my age should look like. Save for co-workers and a few friends my age. I generally suck at guessing a persons age.

Anyway... Sorry I veered off topic. I do see a resemblance between Dina and Caro for sure.

She's probably wanting to get a paid endorsement before she gives credit to any product.  With these housewives, it's almost always about the money.

• Love 3

I checked the Tre/Kathy lunch on my DVR.  The scene was shot during the Winter.  Snow was on the ground and a Christmas wreath was in the window. 

Tre made the comment about not seeing Kathy for nine months before the grab bag.  We know that's not true because she saw her at last season's reunion in September, 2013.  Guess she forgot that or it doesn't count because that is breaking the fourth wall in 'reality TV world'.  I don't know when they finished filming season five.  According to Tre, it must have been in March of 2013.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 1

I'm not sure you really need any dancing skills to strip.

It depends on the quality of the club and the time slot in which the dancer performs.  Flexibility is usually more important than rhythm.  That said, Mel could well have been a bartender at a club, not taking it all off, just wearing something low cut and using her cleavage to her financial advantage.  

As to Kathy's dessert cookbook, there are a lot of Bravolebrities in the blurbs.  Andy, still pushing the cannoli.  I'm sure they are good recipes.  I just don't see her lighting the culinary world on fire.  

• Love 2

I don't think Dina looks all that young. She does look good for her age, but if I saw her on the street, I would say she looks her age, about mid-40's. The youngest looking one in the group is still Melissa. Teresa just looks over-tanned all the time. Dina's skin looks good for someone her age who can afford facials and expensive trips to a dermatologist. Her nose totally ties her to her sister Caroline though.

The twins just look scary. All the time.

• Love 3

Despite all her efforts, I always thought Teresa has sort of a plain homely face.  I always credited the relative good looks of her daughters to the Juicy Joe genes (before Joe became a drunk bloated mess).  People say Gia and Milania look like her, but I think they look a million times better then their mother and the other two have the potential to be very pretty.

Dina is so strange to me, sometimes she looks absolutely gorgeous and other times her face looks positively simian.  I have never seen anyone who I think looks pretty and ugly (it is usually one or the other).  It is like the Seinfeld episode where the girl looked totally different depending on the lighting.

Mel is one of the few people who look better now than she did ten years ago.  She has had some of the best plastic surgery I have ever seen.  I also think she is naturally slim and has so far resisted the urge to glue two giant fake balloons to her chest (as far as I know).

• Love 3

I checked the Tre/Kathy lunch on my DVR.  The scene was shot during the Winter.  Snow was on the ground and a Christmas wreath was in the window. 

Tre made the comment about not seeing Kathy for nine months before the grab bag.  We know that's not true because she saw her at last season's reunion in September, 2013.  Guess she forgot that or it doesn't count because that is breaking the fourth wall in 'reality TV world'.  I don't know when they finished filming season five.  According to Tre, it must have been in March of 2013.

Not to defend Teresa but my guess is the last time they talked off camera was probably in Arizona.  I don't really think there was anything meaningful that transpired between Kathy and Teresa at the Reunion.

Despite all her efforts, I always thought Teresa has sort of a plain homely face. I always credited the relative good looks of her daughters to the Juicy Joe genes (before Joe became a drunk bloated mess). People say Gia and Milania look like her, but I think they look a million times better then their mother and the other two have the potential to be very pretty.

Dina is so strange to me, sometimes she looks absolutely gorgeous and other times her face looks positively simian. I have never seen anyone who I think looks pretty and ugly (it is usually one or the other). It is like the Seinfeld episode where the girl looked totally different depending on the lighting.

Mel is one of the few people who look better now than she did ten years ago. She has had some of the best plastic surgery I have ever seen. I also think she is naturally slim and has so far resisted the urge to glue two giant fake balloons to her chest (as far as I know).

Dina has naturally delicate, fine features, and never should have gotten her lips done; it's all out of proportion with her face. For that matter, she should lay off the aggressive straightening and platinum blonde dying and should have gotten a more moderate breast enhancement, if any. Dina will also always look better from straight on than the side because her forehead is rather recessed. I agree that Melissa had one of the rare cases of plastic surgery that actually looks fantastic; was it just a nosejob or more?

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

overall, a snooze fest - this was their "secrets revealed" episode?  Totally disjointed. All of the footage from last night could have easily been inserted into its proper context - why Bravo chose to do it this way is beyond me.

What it did do was convince me beyond any doubt that once Teresa leaves, this cast, in its current state, cannot carry the show. The highlight and most interesting part was Joe and the kids.  As far as the twins - even the other cast members forgot about them.

Unless there is a major cast shakeup, beyond bringing Jac and Kathy back (if that's the plan) - this show is done.  It may limp along for another season, but that's about it.

Word abt Mark Consuelos - I remember him as Mateo on AMC, and have never really paid much attention to him since them.  Of course I know he's married to Kelly Ripa - but realized last night how funny he is.  He was great.

• Love 1
Mel is one of the few people who look better now than she did ten years ago.  She has had some of the best plastic surgery I have ever seen.  I also think she is naturally slim and has so far resisted the urge to glue two giant fake balloons to her chest (as far as I know).

Melissa's boobs are fake, but they're nice. She has an excellent surgeon.

• Love 5

Dina has naturally delicate, fine features, and never should have gotten her lips done; it's all out of proportion with her face.

I wouldn't call Dina's nose delicate or fine--it appears rather large and bulbous to me, but it works in proportion to her other features. She can look rather alluring when made up right, or downright reptilian when not.

• Love 4

Dina has naturally delicate, fine features, and never should have gotten her lips done; it's all out of proportion with her face. For that matter, she should lay off the aggressive straightening and platinum blonde dying and should have gotten a more moderate breast enhancement, if any. Dina will also always look better from straight on than the side because her forehead is rather recessed. I agree that Melissa had one of the rare cases of plastic surgery that actually looks fantastic; was it just a nosejob or more?

Dina has always had full lips.  Not sure where people are getting the idea that she had them done. 

I think she's attractive now, but damn, she was really a knockout in her 20s/30. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5

I would say they are proportionate to her body, which seems rare on these shows.  She was smart and went with a size that suits her overall figure.  However, when she wears something plunging, they often look like two flesh-covered baseballs glued to her chest.

The twins, on the other hand, went with the bigger is better theory, now looking like they could topple over at any minute.  When each of your boobs is bigger than your head, your body is out of proportion.  I naturally have very large breasts.  I have never been able to understand someone wanting to go to that extreme.  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 6

Dina has always had full lips.  Not sure where people are getting the idea that she had them done. 

I think she's attractive now, but damn, she was really a knockout in her 20s/30. 

Okay, wow. Dina has a history of gigantic hair, then. I saw the clips for next week's reunion episode and jumped back at the sheer height and goings-on of Dina's hair. It's a teased pompadour, with a high ponytail AND braids on the side!

• Love 4

Dina has naturally delicate, fine features, and never should have gotten her lips done; it's all out of proportion with her face.

I would actually say that Dina has the opposite of fine, delicate features. Her eyes and nose are not small. Her lips work well with her face IMO. She definitely looks every bit of her age.

As for Teresa's daughters, as much as I hate to make fun of children... Milania looks like Pussy Bumpensiero from Sopranos and that little Audriana is heinous looking.

Melissa was really unattractive before joining the show. She thinks she's hot shit now, but I think she is trying too hard to look like JLo. I have to laugh at the thought of a woman in her 30s thinking she can break into the music business and be the next Britney Spears. She's a little long in the tooth.

• Love 2

Not to defend Teresa but my guess is the last time they talked off camera was probably in Arizona.  I don't really think there was anything meaningful that transpired between Kathy and Teresa at the Reunion.

This was what I assumed during the conversation, so really didn't think much about the 9 months. They stopped filming last year in March or April, so by Christmas (when the scene was shot - as others have pointed out there was snow on the ground and Christmas decorations in the restaurant) it would have been around 9 months when they actually met to talk. I don't think that Teresa or anyone else would include the Reunion. True, they had been together a few weeks before at the Cousin Christmas deal, but it didn't look like Tre and Kathy talked to each other during that event.  I think Teresa was saying that Kathy had only just now called her to ask for a favor, when the last time they really talked was 9 months ago. 

• Love 1

Even though she did have implants done, something she does NOT deny, they fit her build unlike Teresa or the twins. Those 3 believe the larger and the more you spend on anything the better it is! I am also large busted and never understood why someone wanted big girls! They kill your back! LOL

This was what I assumed during the conversation, so really didn't think much about the 9 months. They stopped filming last year in March or April, so by Christmas (when the scene was shot - as others have pointed out there was snow on the ground and Christmas decorations in the restaurant) it would have been around 9 months when they actually met to talk. I don't think that Teresa or anyone else would include the Reunion. True, they had been together a few weeks before at the Cousin Christmas deal, but it didn't look like Tre and Kathy talked to each other during that event.  I think Teresa was saying that Kathy had only just now called her to ask for a favor, when the last time they really talked was 9 months ago. 

If you accept Teresa's timeline she also said that Kathy asked for the blurb BEFORE the dictionary. I still smell something wrong, aka/producer driven set up/scene.

• Love 1

I could definitely be remembering wrong but I thought normally the secrets revealed are shown after the reunions.

And last night was secrets revealed part 1 (implying there is another part coming), yet next week is the reunion, right?

Anyone think that Kathy looked WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bizarre in the promo?  It could very well just be her makeup, but she looked like she got another nose job done and her eyes looked different (I think that was likely just the makeup).

I don't want to see Teresa back.  I don't want to see her have fabulous dinners, go on vacation, etc. when I know how much she and Joe unlawfully took from others.  Sorry, I never agree with Heather Dubrow, but Bravo needs to cut her off IMO.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 3

I always thought her cleavage was due to a great push up bra...shows you what I know.  I agree her surgeon should advertise on this show, as she is one of the best plastic surgery "afters" I have ever seen .  I hope she realizes she looks good now and does not over do it or she is going to start looking more like a whacked out JLo (the late Michal Jackson being an example of someone who did not know when to stop).

I could definitely be remembering wrong but I thought normally the secrets revealed are shown after the reunions.

And last night was secrets revealed part 1 (implying there is another part coming), yet next week is the reunion, right?

Anyone think that Kathy looked WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bizarre in the promo?  It could very well just be her makeup, but she looked like she got another nose job done and her eyes looked different (I think that was likely just the makeup).

Yes! Her eyes. That's the only thing I could focus on.

I don't want to see Teresa back.  I don't want to see her have fabulous dinners, go on vacation, etc. when I know how much she and Joe unlawfully took from others.  Sorry, I never agree with Heather Dubrow, but Bravo needs to cut her off IMO.

Of course, it's Kathy's makeup....she brought along that world-famous, elite makeup artist, Ashlee(y)....you know - the one that ALL the rich and famous of Los Angeles are booking now!!    :-)

• Love 2

I have already posted a link to the drying up of Teresa's empire, on the sentencing thread,  Seems the gelato bars and the Fabellini are officially history.  I saw no benefit in Kathy having a Teresa blurb-especially once she changed her plea.  It is funny Kathy the cannoli queen, did not wish to share her cannoli recipe in her book.  I don't really see why Teresa was so offended over the dictionary-a cookbook might have been more offensive. 

I do believe at this point the children are becoming a large part of the show and as parents the Giudices are no different than Brittney Spears parents, or any other parent of a child actor/musician.  As far as comments about their looks-all I can say is Teresa has ad nauseam gone on and on about her four beautiful daughters.  To me, the girls change from year to year.  Gia was a cutie and then went through kind of an awkward stage like most kids do, Gabriella is the most interesting because she does not resemble Teresa and last night she looked very sweet and much like Joe's mom, Audriana changes constantly and does have very pretty eyes.  Milania is such a brat and attention hog that I find her unappealing.  Mostly, I think they are just children, they are not superior in looks or talents to any of the millions of children in this country.  As parents of child stars the Giudices should expect their children to be graded on both demeanor and appearance, mainly because it is such an emphasis by Teresa with the lip gloss on two year olds, the hair accessories, Gia being pushed into acting, modeling and performing, the matching outfits and that insanely stupid model pose the kids do with one hip thrust out and their hand on the hip with head tilt.  My personal preferences as to attractive children are Lexi-I find her to be pleasant looking, little Antonia is quite pretty, Jac's son Nicholas is adorable and Danielle's oldest daughter was quite beautiful and had a cute younger sister.

I have just assumed if Milania was the talent Andy Cohen and Teresa claim she is after six seasons on the show a talent agent would have signed Milania and she would be supporting the  family these days.   

They are children who didn't sign up for this reality show.

There is no reason for Bravo to retire the show-I think the last two and have seasons have been to heavy with Teresa.  All we have seen his Teresa promoting one thing or another and arguing with any and everyone she perceives may be getting a slice of the pie.

• Love 2

It's so strange because I think Dina looked terrible in that throw back picture. Not attractive at all. I think Amber is the most naturally pretty of any of them. I guess attractiveness is very subjective because Melissa looks like the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz to me Her nose is classic job, no character to it. None of them are beautiful to me.

• Love 2

I'm not sure you really need any dancing skills to strip.

Yes and no. They help, but if you're hot enough guys don't really care. And, boobs.

I once got mistaken for a stripper at a club, while wearing a full on t-shirt and shorts. I was there getting a drink with my then boyfriend and visiting a girlfriend who danced there (and her mom who ran the bar...fun family). She was talking to my ex and I, and apparently once she was walking away some guy flagged her to ask if I was available for a dance. I found that out later. Interesting.

• Love 1

It's so strange because I think Dina looked terrible in that throw back picture. Not attractive at all. I think Amber is the most naturally pretty of any of them. I guess attractiveness is very subjective because Melissa looks like the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz to me Her nose is classic job, no character to it. None of them are beautiful to me.

Wow, I wouldn't mind looking so terrible...  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/photos/before-they-were-housewives-dina#image-200305

• Love 2

The twins came off HORRIBLY in last night's episode. Real trashy, rude and bawdy. And ugly. Bad make up. Bad skin. Bad hair. Bad clothes. Bad boobs. Those two really give a picture to the term "hot mess."  And the hot twin mess in the white dress...one nipple was higher than the other. Might want to check your 60k boobs and adjust those sacks of cement before you leave the presidential suite. Yuck. 

The only secret was that everyone had their period, which wasn't really a secret, was it? 

Not a fan of Melissa from seasons past but she looks put together and pleasant.  Ok, that is really scary.

I thought Amber was OK but her prostitute Alana person was wacky.  And after reading that story about the strap on?  That made my day! Guess she straps on a Little Jimmy for Little Jim???? 

• Love 2

Somehow Dina is one of those Sarah Jessica Parker women, who isn't that pretty, but somehow pulls of the sexy without really being vulgar (TWINS), and is very attractive. None of these women are ugly, but as much as I hate to say it, Kathy's original face and hair was the prettiest, and Rosie, when made up, has a better face than any of them. Melissa was downright homely before all that surgery, and I agree that she's chosen an excellent plastic surgeon/stylist team who has done wonders for her. I don't like her, but she usually looks amazingly put together.

Teresa is pretty, Dina is pretty (although she looks like she's wearing blue contacts, but maybe I'm wrong), Amber is pretty under all that clown makeup. Jac's was ok pre-surgery, and frozen beyond recognition now, Caroline just looks like a heavier Dina with age appropriate hair, and those twins......they're downright manly looking and have the worst bolt on boobs I think I've seen in a long time. They actually remind me of Danyill. 

Oh and I don't think Amber is an amazon. I don't think she's any taller than Teresa or Melissa, who are about average. Amber just looks that tall when she's standing next to her Wee Little Napoleon Husband. He's obviously shorter than Jo Gorga, who is about 5'4"-5'5". 

{God is gonna smite me for this} I've seen her IRL.  She's already working on a mustache.

That's pretty common for Southern Italian girls as well as many others with dark hair and complexions (Spanish, Indian, Persian, Greek, etc.)

Speaking for myself (and I realize we can post what we want), but the criticism of a child's looks is crossing the line.

Yeah, I'm with you. The're children, everyone goes through awkward stages, and it would be worse if they were all bleached, straightened, waxed, botoxed, and had surgical procedures, etc.

• Love 2

Jacqueline's on fire tonight on twitter

And there's the difference between Jac and Caroline (whom Dina said she could see a reconciliation with).  Caroline's twitter had nothing, and much like Dina, Caroline has refused to discuss their differences.   Keeping it as private as they can in the public eye.

Jac, on the other hand, goes all junior high twitter crazy and gets her daughter and husband involved (Chris favorited her tweet, so she's right?).  How old is she?  I would not have even given Dina the impression that I had watched the show if I were her, but Jac sits there, all eagle eyed, fingers on keyboard....

She's her own worst enemy.  The kindest thing Chris could do is take her keyboard away.

Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the reunion will be 3 parts, followed by the Secrets Part 2. 

Just continuing the convoluted season....I think by the time part 2 of secrets airs, most people will be over it.

• Love 3
As parents of child stars the Giudices should expect their children to be graded on both demeanor and appearance, mainly because it is such an emphasis by Teresa with the lip gloss on two year olds, the hair accessories, Gia being pushed into acting, modeling and performing, the matching outfits and that insanely stupid model pose the kids do with one hip thrust out and their hand on the hip with head tilt.

It's very weird to me that anytime Teresa talks to her girls about school, her main concern is talking about boys and whether their male class mates find them attractive.  I know this show is heavily edited, but in the infamous scene where Teresa is getting the girls ready for school (like she supposedly does every day), she is surprised to learn about homework and tests.  She never seems to worry about the girls' grades and not one cent of all that ill gotten money went into a college fund.  One does not need to have a college education to be successful, but Teresa seems to be teaching her girls that their main value is in their looks and getting married.  The funny thing is I get the same vibe from Lauren Manzo and the troll twins (remember when the one twin said she now has to earn money like a man because she is divorced).  It is off to me to see this type of mentality in the twenty first century.  It is like they are just an urban version of those Gypsy clans that have the girls drop out of school and marry at a young age.  I appreciate that Dina's Lexi does not come off like this.

Thankfully, I have heard on this boards that Teresa's girls get good grades and seem to be smarter then their mother.  Perhaps Tre only talks about boys on camera so she comes off like the cool mom and is a better parent then I am giving her credit for?

• Love 3

I think that even with Teresa and Kathy at odds, Kathy would step in to help without hesitation. Kathy is all about the kids and is mature enough to put the Giudice girls needs ahead of any petty BS between her and their mother. I can NOT say the same for Teresa though, she would never, EVER step up for anyone else's children that she was fighting with. Did Teresa reach out to Kathy when Victoria had another tumor in her brain removed earlier this year? I doubt it! I believe that Rosie and Melissa would also step up and be there for the girls IF allowed. There is the problem though, I highly doubt that Teresa will allow Kathy, Melissa or Rosie to help no matter how much/often they offer.

Kathy talks about he kids alot, but have we really ever seen her interact with Teresa or Melissa's kids? I'll give her pushing a stroller away during The Christening Fight, but besides that? Now Teresa and Melissa have each been shown interacting with each others' children, especially Teresa.

Neither Kathy nor Teresa can put their own petty BS aside, because they're constantly bickering and bringing up old fights.

• Love 2

Dina has 60K bubbies?! That has to be several revisions or going in for bigger/smaller implants. Her chest overpowers her small frame. I think the only one with real boobs is Caroline.

Turbogirlnyc, Dina has said she uses Makeup For Ever's HD foundation. A good substitute is HD Studio Foundation by Nyx or Revlon PhotoReady (so sorry if this is too off topic for this board!)

• Love 6

Teresa's behavior towards Kathy in the restaurant was childish and petulant.

There I was screaming at the tv, "Hello!  I have at least 6 dictionaries of various shapes and sizes and content."   When Teresa pulled that huge one out of her bag Kathy should have remarked that she gave her a travel size one. 

• Love 2

Dina has 60K bubbies?! That has to be several revisions or going in for bigger/smaller implants. Her chest overpowers her small frame. I think the only one with real boobs is Caroline.

Turbogirlnyc, Dina has said she uses Makeup For Ever's HD foundation. A good substitute is HD Studio Foundation by Nyx or Revlon PhotoReady (so sorry if this is too off topic for this board!)

Thanks so much for the info!! I used to use PhotoReady. Maybe I'll try the HD Studio Foundation by NYX this time around. Thanks again!

• Love 3

Yes, I can see that happening, but I think the potential outcomes should have all been addressed before sentencing (when Teresa was probably in shock) - and maybe they were - then any requests could have been made at that time.

I do believe they did go over ALL the possibilities before court and I think Teresa refused to listen to anything that had to do with the possibility of prison time for her. She was convinced she would go home on probation or at worst, house arrest because her fans told her so. I also believe this is when Feldman said enough is enough and dropped/fired Teresa as a client. This is Teresa, she has shown us time and time again, if someone tells her something she does NOT want to hear, she doesn't acknowledge it at all denies ever being told, even when caught on camera.

Kathy talks about he kids alot, but have we really ever seen her interact with Teresa or Melissa's kids? I'll give her pushing a stroller away during The Christening Fight, but besides that? Now Teresa and Melissa have each been shown interacting with each others' children, especially Teresa.

Neither Kathy nor Teresa can put their own petty BS aside, because they're constantly bickering and bringing up old fights.

Kathy has been shown at Teresa's house with the girls present, 1 time I believe, and she was very warm and natural with them. Melissa's kids have been at Kathy's house swimming both on and off, twitter pictures, camera. I think Kathy can put the BS behind them, the problem is that Teresa will not and that gets Kathy ticked off all over again. Teresa will tell you to your face that all is forgiven, she has moved past whatever it is and things will be different/better from now on then as soon as your back is turned and you are out of ear shot, Teresa says NOT and stabs you in the back! Teresa holds a grudge like no other HW ever in Bravos history IMO.

• Love 5

It's very weird to me that anytime Teresa talks to her girls about school, her main concern is talking about boys and whether their male class mates find them attractive. I know this show is heavily edited, but in the infamous scene where Teresa is getting the girls ready for school (like she supposedly does every day), she is surprised to learn about homework and tests. She never seems to worry about the girls' grades and not one cent of all that ill gotten money went into a college fund. One does not need to have a college education to be successful, but Teresa seems to be teaching her girls that their main value is in their looks and getting married. The funny thing is I get the same vibe from Lauren Manzo and the troll twins (remember when the one twin said she now has to earn money like a man because she is divorced). It is off to me to see this type of mentality in the twenty first century. It is like they are just an urban version of those Gypsy clans that have the girls drop out of school and marry at a young age. I appreciate that Dina's Lexi does not come off like this.

Thankfully, I have heard on this boards that Teresa's girls get good grades and seem to be smarter then their mother. Perhaps Tre only talks about boys on camera so she comes off like the cool mom and is a better parent then I am giving her credit for?

I would think it could also be that it is totally inappropriate to discuss real life grades, tests and homework of 2nd and 3rd graders on national tv. Discussing dressing pretty and fake "boyfriends" is a lot more generic and innocent (for lack of a better word).

• Love 3

It's very weird to me that anytime Teresa talks to her girls about school, her main concern is talking about boys and whether their male class mates find them attractive.  I know this show is heavily edited, but in the infamous scene where Teresa is getting the girls ready for school (like she supposedly does every day), she is surprised to learn about homework and tests.  She never seems to worry about the girls' grades and not one cent of all that ill gotten money went into a college fund.  One does not need to have a college education to be successful, but Teresa seems to be teaching her girls that their main value is in their looks and getting married.  The funny thing is I get the same vibe from Lauren Manzo and the troll twins (remember when the one twin said she now has to earn money like a man because she is divorced).  It is off to me to see this type of mentality in the twenty first century.  It is like they are just an urban version of those Gypsy clans that have the girls drop out of school and marry at a young age.  I appreciate that Dina's Lexi does not come off like this.

Thankfully, I have heard on this boards that Teresa's girls get good grades and seem to be smarter then their mother.  Perhaps Tre only talks about boys on camera so she comes off like the cool mom and is a better parent then I am giving her credit for?

I tend to think that Gia learned at a very young age NOT to be like her mother and has set the educational standard for her sisters. I do NOT think Teresa OR Joe believe in a college education for any of their daughters and Teresa is still pushing Gia to become a "star" not go to college.

• Love 2