Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Crew Tells All

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

^LOL.

And Ben once accidentally caught himself having finished one of his basic meals in a reasonable amount of time. Hijinks ensued when he had to find ways to delay the meal in order to keep his perfect record of tardiness.

Kat does more than lapse into that Creepy English accent for no reason. She can also do sound effects with her mouth, beat box, and robot voices like the guy from Police Academy.

Kate was born a man.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Did anyone catch the First Look? Apparently, Kate doesn't shower regularly? Or were they making that up? It would explain the crazy hair!

I hate to defend her, but curly hair doesn't benefit from frequent washing. If anything more natural oils would help. It's a beast that likes moisture and very careful love. Hers looks like she brushes it while wet or something in that family of bad ideas. More showers would be very unlikely to help it.

That said, shower regularly. It's not overrated. That she doesn't know how to manage her hair seems a separate issue.

• Love 2

I thought it was interesting Kate was born with no sense of smell. It would explain why she doesn't eat much, since food probably doesn't have much taste. 

I really liked this BTS show. There was some good unseen footage. I watched the dregs that "Married at First Sight" tried to pull out for their special and it was boring as hell. Below Deck tonight was at least as good as a regular episode.

I was watching Eddie and it finally hit me. When he does his funny face, he looks like Jim Breuer from SNL.

• Love 8

I really enjoyed this episode.  I wished that they had incorporated many of these scenes and TH's into the regular shows.  It would have given the audience a better understanding of the crew, how hard they actually do work and that it's just not about 'drama' and making fun of the guests.

No surprise about Kate's showering.  They don't work an eight hour day.  Their hours are crazy.  And Kate does smile.  She smiled a lot in the scenes shown tonight (I wonder how much the editors had to do with bitchy face).

As far as I'm concerned, Kelley is not eye candy.  Loved Eddie (my favorite) making fun of his crying.  Between what he said on WWHL and the TH's tonight, it looks like he and Jennice aren't together.  Good.  I like Jennice.

• Love 8

I thought it was interesting Kate was born with no sense of smell. It would explain why she doesn't eat much, since food probably doesn't have much taste. 

Also might explain why she doesn't feel the need to shower every day....

• Love 10

This was a cute episode...and, it was actually nice to see Kate smiling quite a bit - she seems to have a "professional persona" when with the guests - almost like an old time English butler who was trained to do their job unobtrusively and with decorum, while not overstepping their boundaries.

This episode convinced me that I don't like Kelly.  Sure, he's eye candy (just his body, though), but he is VERY aware of that fact, and seems to be very impressed with himself - I think that's why I don't like him.

I always liked Ben, but from what we've seen this season and even with this episode, he also seems to be completely impressed with his talents and less worried about serving good food when the guests want it...I would never want to eat at a restaurant where he is the chef - it would be painful.  I get presentation and perfection, but really - it's food!!  Thirty seconds after that perfectly plated and decorated dish is presented, someone is going to be moving things, and actually eating them!!! 

Still don't like Kat.

I think I actually like Eddie and Amy the best, and would like to see more of Logan - I think there's a few stories in his past!! 

• Love 2

I love Eddie too! I think he is my favorite of the cast. 

Okay, after watching the episode ... I like most of the cast so much better after this episode. Kate is so much funnier than they gave her credit for, Eddie is so much funnier (and he was pretty awesome on the show) and it was interesting to see the crew doing actual work (like fixing the boat falling apart around them).

The only thing I didn't like was when they yelled at the captain. Not a fan of that. But otherwise, definitely liked the episode, and can't wait until the reunion!

Edited by nenya
  • Love 2

Also might explain why she doesn't feel the need to shower every day....

I had a roommate like that. She had her sense of smell though, to my knowledge. She was just a weirdo treehugger. She also was a fan of not flushing to conserve water. That got gross fast.. Hopefully Kate's not one of those people!

I had a roommate like that. She had her sense of smell though, to my knowledge. She was just a weirdo treehugger. She also was a fan of not flushing to conserve water. That got gross fast.. Hopefully Kate's not one of those people!

Oh, I don't see Kate as being too concerned about the environment, beyond about 30 inches from wherever she's standing.

• Love 4

Watching this episode now, it does make Kate seem more likeable. But I still wouldn't want to work with her, or have her be my chief stew (like I'd ever find myself on a yacht) for service. But if I wanted a snarky friend to gossip with, I'd call her first.

Am I the only one who kind of wished Kat would have been attacked by a shark at the end of the slide?

Jennice strikes me as one of those people who constantly interrupts you in a conversation. I think that would annoy me.

Eddie rocks. Ben too, when he's not bitching that his cooking skills are underappreciated by the charter guests.

Kelley and Amy, meh. Don't hate em, but neither are that memorable. Well, I guess besides Kelley's nekkid selfie. So maybe he'll be a male Kim K.?

• Love 1

So Kate really does smile!  Boy the editors must have hated her for the edit she got during the season.  Still seems a bit of a bitch but not as bad as shown on the show.

And Kat must have lost weight or something she looked great.  Maybe she was just not bloated from drinking like she was last season.

Kelley is warm for Eddie.  That bromance seem a bit one sided.

The episode was so boring that I focused on how bad the dye jobs are on Kate and Kat.  Very unattractive, some women just shouldn't be blondes, and Kate especially looks like she has very dark brown hair before all the coloring..  Kate's hair especially looks completely over-processed and teased, it explains why it always looked like straw to me.  That she comes out of every charter with new "lifelong friends" also seems very unlikely.  

I missed the "Kate has no sense of smell" part.  Completely uninterested in Andrew and the Kelley romance saga.  I wonder how often the boat was "falling down around them" in real life, that's just odd.

I like most of the cast so much better after this episode.

Me too!

Shout-out to Eddy, he's the real MVP. Funny goes a long way with me - I caught a Chris Farley impression and a "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" reference.

Kate turned out to have a better sense of humor (although no sense of smell, and she admits to going four days without showering, LOL). Her and Ben's "people who order fajitas are attention hogs" routine made me warm up to him a little bit, even though he's still pretty insufferable.

The most "WTF moment" was seeing them all forced to take investment lessons from the penny-stock asshole. When the camera panned over to Capt. Lee sitting there with a notepad, I busted out laughing so hard.

Also - is the Captain allowed to give the crew a "bedtime?" That was hilarious.

PS Kat still sucks. Even in the interviews, it seems like she's constantly gauging other people's reactions and what she thinks will come off as funny. It's all for attention. I bet she orders a lot of fajitas.

• Love 3

I hope Kate was kidding about not showering for four days. I know the yacht is air conditioned, but still she is running around working and surely perspiring as she works. And she's handling food. That is just gross. Can anyone explain why she would avoid showers? I'm pretty sure she's not an environmentalist.

I think she wears her hair the way she does because she thinks it resembles sexy just-got-out-of-bed-head, and that it makes her look younger. But she definitely looks older than 31 and her hair color is part of it. At one point she was shown in profile, and the Botox and fillers gave her a Homer Simpson upper lip.

Still cannot stand Kat. She managed to work sex into at least two of the comments they showed. Give it up Kat, it's a tired schtick.

When they bounced Jennice off the big cushion, I would have felt sorry for her except for her "Why would you do that? I'm so TINY."

Kelley strikes me as being an imposter in his own life. He just doesn't seem genuine, even for reality TV.

• Love 3

Can anyone explain why she would avoid showers? I'm pretty sure she's not an environmentalist.

Dry skin? I don't go four days but every day showering leads to dry flaking skin. Also she might be trying to be more "Euro"....

OMG! The penny stock lesson! Hahahaha! How could I forget? And when the crew, most of them who are pretty educated and seem pretty sharp, were just bored, the girlfriend chimes in with something like "This might be too complicated for them."

From the show, nothing he said was beyond what you could get reading the wikipedia entry.  

• Love 3

I have a feeling that even if Capt. Lee became a penny-stock millionaire, he'd still keep his job a few more years.

Yeah, that charter was just another "get rich quick" seminar with a nice setting. To begin with, the penny-stock guy was an idiot for not understanding that a boat at sea is not going to have ideal Internet connections. Eddie was right on with his summary of why a 19-year-old would be dating that douchebag. Oh, if only he had stood up at the dry erase board and enumerated them for the gathered "students"!

• Love 1

My two cents regarding the girls'hair : they're not in an office, but on a boat, on the ocean... There's wind, salt, etc... So as soon as you've got peroxyded hair... there's no mercy for you ;)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

So Kate really does smile!  Boy the editors must have hated her for the edit she got during the season.  Still seems a bit of a bitch but not as bad as shown on the show.

And Kat must have lost weight or something she looked great.  Maybe she was just not bloated from drinking like she was last season.

Kelley is warm for Eddie.  That bromance seem a bit one side

I love Kate.  And I love Kate and Kat together.  I'd watch a separate reality show just with those two.

Eddie is awesome.  Love his personality.  And the Amy thing was so awkward but I did love the way she laughed about it right after.  She has a very cute personality.

Jennice.  Another non-entity.  Kelley bland.

All in all, I loved this crew and I hope they all come back (except for Jennice).

• Love 4

Penny stock was insulting.  His girlfriend was a jerk.  She went to college for, what was it, three months?  IIRC most of the crew are college graduates.  Not that you have to go to college to understand penny stocks.

About the showering and Kate's hair.  The crew's head looks very similar to a head you'd find on smaller boat.  They're small.  I know.  It's not fun taking a shower.  It's even less fun trying to blow dry your hair in what basically becomes a sauna because of the shower steam. And if the yacht is moving, you can't open the porthole.  If you've ever spent time out on the water, you know being in a salt water humid environment reeks havoc with your hair.  Some days I've gotten off our boat after a cruise and it's frightening.  You either spray it to death like Amy or you pull it back.  Total ick.  They don't have those nice full size bathrooms that the guests have.  Plus they don't have a lot of free time when there's a charter.  Basically, when they're not on duty, all they want to do is eat or sleep. 

Edited by breezy424

Penny stock guy got his panties in a wad over a snarky recap on TrashTalkTV and was commenting over and over on the recap thread. Funny as hell. He must Google himself. (He first posted as Guest) It's worth reading.

Did he not read the site name? Was he unaware of the basics of reality tv? How far up his own ass is he? The world will probably know because he's exactly clueless enough to tell us.

Edited by whack-a-mole
  • Love 2

Did he not read the site name? Was he unaware of the basics of reality tv? How far up his own ass is he? The world will probably know because he's exactly clueless enough to tell us.

The funniest part to me was the stuff he was upset about, calling the recapper a liar cause she had made fun of him for being upset about the spotty intent while being out to sea. You can't make this stuff up!

Edited by featherhead
  • Love 1

Seriously! Even staying close to sure is not going to guarantee you a fantastic internet connection. I'm not going to get into technical details (especially since I only know it at a superficial level) but I know enough to know that isn't how this works. (This is in regards to the penny stock trading guy).

• Love 1

Did the guy think his internet would be better if he were near shore? Ha! The whole point of satellite internet is that every point on Earth is essentially equidistant from one satellite. Where you are on the surface makes no difference.

• Love 1

He didn't think the internet would be better near the shore, he just assumed the internet would be solid. If it wasn't for the otherwise shitty ways the crew has fucked up on various charters; I would give them the benefit of the doubt but I do wonder what they promise in terms of internet during the charters. And yes, I know that is a stupid thing to wonder because a lot of it is probably production lies but I am curious.

I think it's like a lot of other things on the boat. The place is just a hotel on water, so the sheets will be clean, but very broken in. The crew will honor your requests, but only for stuff you asked them to stock. You get a chef, but he may be moody and temperamental.

They may say "high-speed internet," but that just means it's faster than dial-up. Satellite internet is faster than DSL, but slower than cable or fiber. The ping (lag) is horrible, so it is not good for the kind of real-time stock trading they were trying to do. The internet on a charter yacht is for e-mail and Facebook. It probably wouldn't even handle Netflix very well.

• Love 5