Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Bend & Break

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

It's hard for me to really get mad about Arizona hooking up with Leah. They were living in different places and Callie went around telling people Arizona was dead. If I was separated from my husband and I heard he told people I was dead (not symbolically but literally dead) I would move on too. I don't care if Arizona cheated Callie had no right to tell people Arizona had died especially given the fact her child's father did die from that accident.

• Love 1
I have trouble believing a straight guy would be okay with his wife or girlfriend's baby daddy was rubbing her feet while he made her food.

Yeah that is true. I was more picturing it without the baby daddy in the picture.

As for a website where slurs are used, should we be taking these people seriously? They sound like people we would summarily dismiss if they used crazy racial slurs. I can't take people like that seriously because they sound childish and pathetic.

Those are two very accurate adjectives to describe that cesspit of a website. But you can’t deny that there is a LOT of biphobia in the lesbian community. A lot of that – to my mind anyway – seems to spill over into discussions about Calzona. Callie is somehow “tainted” because she dared to enjoy sex with men, and is therefore unworthy of Arizona (a gold star lesbian). It’d be interesting to see the reaction if Callie goes for a man (which this episode seemed to point out she will or might).

Very unpopular opinion coming up.... I want to see the return of Dr. Lauren Boswell, Arizona's cheating one-night-stand. Mostly because Hilarie Burton was pretty hot and fit in well with the show.

I thought they both were pretty irritating during the therapy sessions, but I think it was clearly meant to show how messy their relationship has been.

I don't know if this break up is for good, but it definitely had to happen.  I go back to Arizona's planned ortho metaphor speech to Callie after the adultery.  Break the bone and re-set it so it can get stronger.  Something like that.

I don't want either of them hooking up with anybody right now.  They both need to get right with themselves.

As I was watching the ep I realized Callie was going to pull the plug.  Arizona was going to latch on because everything else was going down the drain.  Callie recognized what was happening and cut the cord.  She knew they couldn't keep following old patterns because nothing would change in their relationship.

To be completely forthright, these two have both been selfish in the relationship and hurt the other in different ways which is why they really need to be apart right now.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Arizona/Leah in regards to her relationship with Callie (they were separated), but I had a problem with it, for two reasons. Lack of chemistry and that was the time Arizona should have taken to start really working on getting to a good head space.  Nope, she hooked up with the clingy intern because she didn't want to be alone and then as soon as Callie asked her to come home, she tossed her out.  It wasn't a good look on Arizona.  Like Callie needs to be alone for awhile, so does Arizona.  It would be nice to find out who Arizona is when she isn't relying on someone to make her feel good about herself.

No relationship these two start without doing some work on themselves is going to be healthy.

• Love 1

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Arizona/Leah in regards to her relationship with Callie (they were separated), but I had a problem with it, for two reasons. Lack of chemistry and that was the time Arizona should have taken to start really working on getting to a good head space.  Nope, she hooked up with the clingy intern because she didn't want to be alone and then as soon as Callie asked her to come home, she tossed her out.  It wasn't a good look on Arizona.  Like Callie needs to be alone for awhile, so does Arizona.  It would be nice to find out who Arizona is when she isn't relying on someone to make her feel good about herself.

I agree with that I have more of an issue with how Arizona treated Leah than regards to Callie.

Grey's really doesn't like their main characters, or at least their most attractive main characters, to be without a relationship.  People bounce from one mess to another with no time to reflect.  It's a disaster on TV and it's a disaster in real life.  The amount of baggage each of them is dragging around at this point could fill an entire cargo ship.

After Callie spends some time focusing on her career and daughter, I wouldn't mind seeing Callie dating both men and women.  Bisexuals get a bad rap.  There  is a lot of biphobia in the straight and gay communities.  The key idea is a man who, even once, has sex with a man is gay.  A woman who, even once, has sex with a man is straight.  So once a woman who has always had sex with women has sex with a man, she is suddenly straight.  Once a man who has always had sex with women has sex with a man, he's gay.  The penis is more powerful than the vagina,  Once you get dick, you'll never go back.  Of course, there are people all along a spectrum of sexuality and sexual desire.  It would be nice to see one portrayed on TV well.  Then again, this is Grey's; there has never been a relationship that is portrayed well.  Maybe I should hope another mainstream show picks up the bisexual vanguard.  

• Love 2

Although I prefer Callie/Arizona in small doses, I liked this episode.  I really appreciate SaRa's acting.  In the last scene, AZ thought Callie was crying because of the nice things AZ was saying.  I loved that we could tell - immediately - that was not the case.  Having watched another show that gave a crappy actor a full episode based around her, SaRa is amazing at emoting - even during her quieter moments.  And Callie/Meredith was no way as good as Cristina/Meredith - I think it could get there, and in a healthier fashion.  Maybe the two actors just really liked each other and it showed.  I liked it.

I won't mind if Callie moves on with a man, but I do realize that folks in the GLBT community may see it as a rejection of a gay couple.  I do appreciate that it was AZ who did the cheating.  There's a fallacy out there that bisexuals are incapable of being monogamous.

...I really appreciate SaRa's acting.  In the last scene, AZ thought Callie was crying because of the nice things AZ was saying.  I loved that we could tell - immediately - that was not the case.  Having watched another show that gave a crappy actor a full episode based around her, SaRa is amazing at emoting - even during her quieter moments...

This so much.  I have to say, I'm probably more invested in Callie then I am in Calzona and that's all due to SaRa.

There was also a moment during the break up speech when she looked at Arizona and shook her head (I think it was after the slowly killing me line) like she couldn't believe she was actually saying it but realized it had to be done.

On a side note, I'm kind of wondering who the crappy actor is your talking about.  Lol.