Type keyword(s) to search

HLN: Now With 100% More Helmet Hair!

Rina99
  • Start Topic

On 2/9/2017 at 1:00 PM, stormy said:

I don't even get why Nancy Grace was replaced by Ashleigh.

However, I really like On the Story with Erica Hill. Erica's great.

I'm giving On the Story a trial run today.  I've been avoiding MSNBC, CNN and Fox and the Big 3 network news following the election.  This hour of tv with Erica Hill might be my source of news.  I know that Erica Hill is not liked by all, but I've always been an advocate.  For me, Erica delivers the news in a calm yet serious manner.  Thanks @stormy for the recommendation.

• Love 2

HLN has already cut Michaela from three hours down to two.  It's disappointing because her 9:00 am central hour was going to be my replacement for the third hour of Today.  Oh well.

Erica Hill's OK, but she's another one who seems to never work well anywhere.  The only place I liked her was as Anderson Cooper's sidekick/news reader.

• Love 1

Does anyone know what the ratings are for HLN in the evening? It's unbelievable to me that running the same eps of forensic files is good business strategy. It's like HLN is the forgotten step child of the group of networks. The Cinderella of the CNN/Time Warner empire. 

• Love 3

So in the middle of a Forensic Files at 945 pm they came back from commercial and are showing a pro basketball game. Uhhhh what? I know we are tired of FF but that was an abrupt programming change

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, novhappy said:

Does anyone know what the ratings are for HLN in the evening? It's unbelievable to me that running the same eps of forensic files is good business strategy. It's like HLN is the forgotten step child of the group of networks. The Cinderella of the CNN/Time Warner empire. 

But it isn't just them.  All the channels I watch, TLC, HGTV, DIY,A&E---all are into a whole lot of repeats, and who lot less new shows.
Is streaming cutting cable revenue?  Have no idea, but not as much new programming as 2 or 3 years ago.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:32 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

HLN has already cut Michaela from three hours down to two.  It's disappointing because her 9:00 am central hour was going to be my replacement for the third hour of Today.  Oh well.

Erica Hill's OK, but she's another one who seems to never work well anywhere.  The only place I liked her was as Anderson Cooper's sidekick/news reader.

Erica Hill is boring, she never had the cut or intuition to be a real player in the news business. She has scampered all over so many networks, getting prime positions and she never done well in any of them. When she was close ending her national news career when she was replaced at CBS, she went to NBC and was at weekend Today a couple of years which helped put a little more steam in her national career. Then she went over to HLN.   She is in early 40's so at this point in a competitive news media, she will take anything that can stick and going to a low level cable network  is better then not having or job or having to work at a medium size local news network. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, stormy said:

Is there some kind of requirement that the anchor of a crime show has to be overly dramatic?

Ashleigh Banfield relishes this crazy over the top persona.

I thought when Nancy Grace retired she would stay retired; not be reincarnated as Ashleigh Banfield. Disappointing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, slensam said:

I thought when Nancy Grace retired she would stay retired; not be reincarnated as Ashleigh Banfield. Disappointing. 

All the women who've had crime shows on HLN (Grace, Banfield and Valez-Mitchell) seem to eventually turn into over the top drama queens on air.  

• Love 4
On 9/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, stormy said:

Now after my complaining about Ashleigh's drama queen persona, I'm totally hooked on her coverage of CO killer dad.

I hate him so much. Yet I haven't missed a show since this began.

I have never posted on this portion of PTV and was glad to find this thread.  Regarding the CO killer dad - I am freaked out by how much the mother posted on her FB page.  It is just so against expert's views on social media and families/individuals/children.  Were they just living a life to BE ON FB?

I noticed Ashleigh saying that the attorney for the defendant wanted the mother's body/fingertips etc to be swabbed for evidence.  Now this is just my thinking, for lack of any news, that we know he asked her to separate and maybe that crushed the picture she wanted the world to see.  I am awaiting the results to see if maybe she did strangle the girls and he killed her.  If she knew, and others also knew, that he had affairs and her family knew they were separating why would he kill the girls?

• Love 2

There's a lot of repetitive information. Until the ME's report is released it's all speculation.

Shananne's mother's co-worker so causally saying, oh yeah they were going to separate, while she's cutting a client's hair, was sickening.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

I have always disliked that the hosts of Crime and Justice attack defense attys that they invite on the show to get a perspective of what a defense team might do in certain cases.  Why invite someone on a show and then yell at them?  Should we just toss out the Constitution?  I see Ashleigh now doing the same thing.  Drives me crazy.

• Love 1

HLN is changing its lineup again; ditching all programming not produced in Atlanta.

With that in mind, HLN has decided to end production of its live news programs based in New York and Los Angeles, which include Across America with Carol Costello, Michaela Pereira, and Crime & Justice with Ashleigh Banfield.

Yes, that means the three aforementioned TV newsers will be depart the network as soon as the new schedule goes into effect, Monday, Oct. 29.

Nothing they've tried has worked since they ditched the true crime/court coverage for a more "social media" focus years ago. 

• Love 3

S.E. Cupp got lucky when they moved her show to the weekends on CNN or she would have found herself cancelled too. Will be interesting to see if Ashleigh Banfield lands anywhere else. I feel bad for Michaela Pereira and Carol Costello.

• Love 2

S.E. Cupp got lucky when they moved her show to the weekends on CNN

Erica Hill, too.  She was moved over to CNN to be a fill in/floater anchor.

HLN didn't air any programming after Robin Meade went off yesterday.  They must have given people the day off to process the news.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

HLN didn't air any programming after Robin Meade went off yesterday. 

The whole world could be ending and Robin Meade would probably still show up for work so she could be on TV until her last day.

• Love 5

I still love the title of this thread even though it's not exactly true anymore. Now it's Robin Meade's overly long hair and at least one other woman who's on her morning show that wears hers the same way. Morning Express is the only news block now too.  I only started watching her show after not seeing it for years because I'm somewhere for health reasons and they have a very limited channel selection. The only two somewhat "news" stations provided are HLN and Faux News.